PDA

View Full Version : How would I make/see out of this?

katherla
02-16-2011, 01:13 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e163/Katherla/head.jpg

From Bioshock 2 end credits. I think it's concept art for a Splicer Mask.

It would have to be light enough to wear/not slide down but heavy enough to keep it's shape (not rubber). I'm thinking fiberglass or plastic or something.

Also I'd like to be able to wear my glasses with it on.

The problem is that the rabbit's eyes wouldn't line up with my eyes. I've been looking for some kind of white transparent film to put over a clear plastic shell. Like those two-way mirrors that you can see out but not in. Haven't had much luck though.

Argonus
02-16-2011, 04:30 PM
It's a rabbit, right? Any way you could give the mask some "whisker holes" on both sides, with maybe a few whiskers for effect but some whisker-less holes also, for you to see through (obviously enough holes on each side to provide you with some semblance of sight, as one or two holes per side would probably not be enough).

Just a suggestion.. fun undertaking. :)

I don't do props/etc for a living, so I'm probably not much help. :laugh:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e163/Katherla/head.jpg

From Bioshock 2 end credits. I think it's concept art for a Splicer Mask.

It would have to be light enough to wear/not slide down but heavy enough to keep it's shape (not rubber). I'm thinking fiberglass or plastic or something.

Also I'd like to be able to wear my glasses with it on.

The problem is that the rabbit's eyes wouldn't line up with my eyes. I've been looking for some kind of white transparent film to put over a clear plastic shell. Like those two-way mirrors that you can see out but not in. Haven't had much luck though.

Voshizle@gmail.
02-17-2011, 02:17 AM
Notice the ridge directly to the right of the visible eye? You can incorporate a slit into the design there on either side and have eyeholes that aren't very noticeable. A lot of creature masks where the eyes don't line up use natural contours to hide eyeholes.