PDA

View Full Version : Will our PCS SF Statues Line devalue if another company releases there own SF line.

artofgarduno
02-24-2011, 01:04 PM
This is a question I am curious about?

nbr3bagshotrow
02-24-2011, 01:05 PM
If the quality is top notch, you bet it will.

akumalove
02-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Hm, if it is in 1:4 scale and real fabric and the same or better quality it could be. If I would be a new collector I still would rather want the PCS pieces because they are the first and you never can beat the first on the market. But there will be a devalue.
Christina

testsubject25
02-24-2011, 01:26 PM
That's why I was curious about the 1/4 Ryu that SOTA is doing. I know that SOTA used to be Jerry's thing, and now they are doing a 1/4 Ryu. It's just a little confusing is all.

akumalove
02-24-2011, 01:31 PM
(I don't want to offend SOTA) the PCS Ryu is imo MUCH better than theirs. Wait for the ultimate Ryu, I am sure this one will become the best there will be... ever!! Hope that is not too much pressure now ;) I'm just so exited that Ryu will be made in 1/3 and maybe also and even better Akuma :D :D :D

Jerry did you already decide if they are with real fabric? PLEASE PLEASE real fabric!!!!

Christina

testsubject25
02-24-2011, 01:33 PM
(I don't want to offend SOTA) the PCS Ryu is imo MUCH better than theirs. Wait for the ultimate Ryu, I am sure this one will become the best there will be... ever!! Hope that is not too much pressure now ;) I'm just so exited that Ryu will be made in 1/3 and maybe also and even better Akuma :D :D :D

Jerry did you already decide if they are with real fabric? PLEASE PLEASE real fabric!!!!

Christina

Oh I agree! It just seems like a jerk move on SOTA's part, unless they discussed it.

Spazzy
02-24-2011, 01:38 PM
haven't been much of a fan of the sota pieces...I think pcs is safe for awhile.

steverx78
02-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Hm, if it is in 1:4 scale and real fabric and the same or better quality it could be. .......
Christina

:iagree:

bebohawk
02-24-2011, 02:09 PM
I dont think any other company can beat Jerry in the Street Fighter line, Jerry have way more experience making Street Fighter stuff , just look at his old Sota figures they still are the best figures in Street Fighter History And They got a higher value and how many other company have make Street fighter figures? And beside Sota still have the license and they try but Is not the same PCS are way superior in everything and which each new Statue he just keep raising the bar higher and higher. So I say this line will keep his value if not go higher

OuttaSight
02-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Personally I think it all about passion. You can tell when someone is passionate and when someone is just trying to make a buck.

Evil Ryu
02-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Personally I think it all about passion. You can tell when someone is passionate and when someone is just trying to make a buck.

I couldn't have said it better! I see this all the time in the model kit realm. The best model kits are sculpted by those who focus solely on that subject. There are however, a handful of sculptors that can sculpt any subject well, but in general that is not the case. That is why you won't see a Godzilla sculptor try to sculpt a human figure because the textures and details are completely different.

kirthew
02-24-2011, 02:47 PM
With all these threads about value, and secondary market, and ebay... why not just collect the line to collect the line...

In this economy it is only natural to one to buy something for $5 and sell it for $1000...

My fear is that the edition sizes will increase... and the prices will go up... and then the line will fail... Stop worrying about the values on the secondary market...

XMAN
02-24-2011, 02:51 PM
makes no difference to me..........I'm totally commited to completing this line even if another company comes out with it......I also don't think anyone else will have the same passion for this line...........but I will say one thing that has been on my mind.....when is Chun Li coming out?and E.Honda? what's up with him?

akumalove
02-24-2011, 03:32 PM
With all these threads about value, and secondary market, and ebay... why not just collect the line to collect the line...

In this economy it is only natural to one to buy something for $5 and sell it for $1000...

My fear is that the edition sizes will increase... and the prices will go up... and then the line will fail... Stop worrying about the values on the secondary market...
My first fear are revisits of characters in the same medium, that would not be good at all. If Jerry feels for some Characters he can increase the ES I think he has his reasons.

But if Balrog for example will be released with 500 reg / 250 ex I think it would be too much. There is almost no love for him, just from some Street Fighter fans, I count XMAN as one of them ;) But I bet if you make 300/100 (which would reflect the demand/fanbase) or something like that one year afterwards all people that did not get him will cry for a revisit or higher ES … neverendingstory … :redface:

Christina

High Lord Apocalypse
02-24-2011, 03:38 PM
its interesting reading all the back and forth conversation about secondary market value. I'm just glad that Jerry has integrity.

Also, I for one got into the SF line to collect the original 12 & definitely want a Balrog to "complete" my line.

on another note, i'm equally pumped for characters like E.Honda, Blanka and Dhalisim more than I am about Chun-li. E.Honda can be awesome!!! Dhalsim has best possibility for creativity!

Viva PCS!!!

Zangief
02-24-2011, 03:40 PM
makes no difference to me..........I'm totally commited to completing this line even if another company comes out with it......I also don't think anyone else will have the same passion for this line...........but I will say one thing that has been on my mind.....when is Chun Li coming out?and E.Honda? what's up with him?

One of my most anticipated characters! There has been no word on either E. Honda or Balrog though...:tumblew:

High Lord Apocalypse
02-24-2011, 03:50 PM
One of my most anticipated characters! There has been no word on either E. Honda or Balrog though...:tumblew:

i believe Jerry said E.Honda is a go but he's not convinced about Balrog though. I hope he does balrog even if its the last of the original 12.

XMAN
02-24-2011, 04:39 PM
i believe Jerry said E.Honda is a go but he's not convinced about Balrog though. I hope he does balrog even if its the last of the original 12.

DITTO.......I don't care even if i have to pay up front for him I just want to complete the collection....

kirthew
02-24-2011, 04:50 PM
My first fear are revisits of characters in the same medium, that would not be good at all. If Jerry feels for some Characters he can increase the ES I think he has his reasons.

But if Balrog for example will be released with 500 reg / 250 ex I think it would be too much. There is almost no love for him, just from some Street Fighter fans, I count XMAN as one of them ;) But I bet if you make 300/100 (which would reflect the demand/fanbase) or something like that one year afterwards all people that did not get him will cry for a revisit or higher ES … neverendingstory … :redface:

Christina

Unfortunately... you are correct... and that is what is sad... I want the characters I use to play in the arcade... like E. Honda... but then again... if an E. Honda came out... and it was 300/100... it would sell out... then there would be 1500 people on the waitlist... edition size would be raised, and then it would go from a sellout to a non-sell out...

Jerry is really in a no win situation... he is damned if he raises the edition size... and he is damned if he doesn't...

XMAN
02-24-2011, 05:28 PM
There is almost no love for him, just from some Street Fighter fans, I count XMAN as one of them ;)
Christina Guilty as charged :)

High Lord Apocalypse
02-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Unfortunately... you are correct... and that is what is sad... I want the characters I use to play in the arcade... like E. Honda... but then again... if an E. Honda came out... and it was 300/100... it would sell out... then there would be 1500 people on the waitlist... edition size would be raised, and then it would go from a sellout to a non-sell out...

Jerry is really in a no win situation... he is damned if he raises the edition size... and he is damned if he doesn't...

i think realistically speaking, E.honda, Dhalsim and Balrog will sell a lot less. So edition size close to Zangief or maybe a little less will get the statue produced but Jerry will make minimal profits on it.
Blanka can probably sell for a higher edition size and Chun li and Sagat should get the max edition size of 750 for better profits. I could care less about a large edition size on popular characters that will sell out.
only problems is large edition size on a character like E.honda that doesnt make sense and its sits and companies (PCS & Sideshow) losing money. Then it makes it tougher to sell Jerry on producing Balrog.
(i'm aware in the end jerry does as he sees best)

Averone
02-24-2011, 06:34 PM
I dont think any other company can beat Jerry in the Street Fighter line, Jerry have way more experience making Street Fighter stuff , just look at his old Sota figures they still are the best figures in Street Fighter History And They got a higher value and how many other company have make Street fighter figures? And beside Sota still have the license and they try but Is not the same PCS are way superior in everything and which each new Statue he just keep raising the bar higher and higher. So I say this line will keep his value if not go higher

:goodpost:

:iagree:

Jerry has history that goes way back!
Nothing/nobody can beat his work....

High Lord Apocalypse
02-24-2011, 06:38 PM

please!! i can make way better street fighter statue than jerry when i win the lottery and shut down PCS and force jerry to sculpt SF statue under my new and original company called Shocked Pop Culture Collectibles.:cool:

OuttaSight
02-24-2011, 07:54 PM
please!! i can make way better street fighter statue than jerry when i win the lottery and shut down PCS and force jerry to sculpt SF statue under my new and original company called Shocked Pop Culture Collectibles.:cool:

Awww so sad :drinking:

artofgarduno
02-24-2011, 08:26 PM
I dont think there will be anyone who has the experience to match Jerrys quality and skill on his Street Fighter line, I dont like Sotas new stuff. The 1/3 Ryu from Sota is horrendous. I love my PCS statues.

jye318
02-24-2011, 08:48 PM
sota is not so good....jerry still have the passion with SF.

wizardjones
02-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Haha, that is why I am slowly not caring anymore. I like collecting but when it comes down to ebaying something and watching it just to see if I win it paying double what it was in retail. I don't think it's worth it then. Just getting old I guess.

Ryu
02-24-2011, 09:23 PM
There is more to life than buying something for a dollar and selling it for two. Sure, as a company you have to make a profit, without one you wouldn't exist. However, (imo) PCS has done a great job, even though I'm not a fan of all the SF statues they've released. However, Jerry does try to represent the full extent of his appreciation for licensees that he has acquired. For that he has my respect.

bebohawk
02-24-2011, 10:49 PM

:tumblew: really??:nuts: :nuts:

RAGINGDEMON500
02-24-2011, 10:54 PM
No it wont, why because every piece has it's version and Limited #... A real collector will always want your piece and you want his, so no it will not devalue....

High Lord Apocalypse
02-24-2011, 11:06 PM
:tumblew: really??:nuts: :nuts:

A man can dream, can't he? Lol.

Mannequin
02-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Im sure it will go down in value.. so better sell me your Shin Akuma which its still high in value.. anyone selling?? :hilarious:

akumalove
02-25-2011, 05:45 AM
Still need an Akuma AP... anyone?? :praying:
Christina

TheSFToySpirit
02-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Still need all the line apart the reg of Ryu, Ken, Vega and Cammy... Anyone??

:confused2

akumalove
02-25-2011, 08:45 AM

That is exactly what I mean :( And I can also understand Jerry when he feels a kind of pressure from every side. But we have to be realistic that those 1500 people on the waitlist are there because of the ES. I really hope that the 10% to pay in front will help!!

I dont think there will be anyone who has the experience to match Jerrys quality and skill on his Street Fighter line, I dont like Sotas new stuff. The 1/3 Ryu from Sota is horrendous. I love my PCS statues.

Is it 1/3?

Christina

Darth_Ryan
02-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Im sure it will go down in value.. so better sell me your Shin Akuma which its still high in value.. anyone selling?? :hilarious:

hahaha!

but yeah, same here! I need Akuma and Shin!

THE_BEAST
02-25-2011, 12:09 PM
That is exactly what I mean :( And I can also understand Jerry when he feels a kind of pressure from every side. But we have to be realistic that those 1500 people on the waitlist are there because of the ES. I really hope that the 10% to pay in front will help!!

Is it 1/3?

Christina

No. The Ryu that SOTA is puting out is 1/4