PDA

View Full Version : Popcultureshock Halo License?

leplant
03-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Jerry has some major game licenses, and appears to be actively pursuing others. Any chance that the Halo license would be of interest?

MrYac
03-21-2011, 12:31 AM
i'd love an Arbiter and a Grunt, probably wouldn't go in for the spartans though....unless he made mine :p

THE_BEAST
03-21-2011, 12:48 AM
I hope he doesnt have this license. Halo suks

MrYac
03-21-2011, 12:50 AM
I hope he doesnt have this license. Halo suks

well he doesn't have it, but weather you think it sucks or not it does sell well and high end collectibles would probably do very well too

THE_BEAST
03-21-2011, 12:57 AM
well he doesn't have it, but weather you think it sucks or not it does sell well and high end collectibles would probably do very well too

Im pretty sure it would sell good. But other than my dislike the halo franchise, theres also the fact thet jerry already has quite a few licenses right now. I think hes already spreading things too thin. Hes having problems as it is trying to keep up with his dealines. I feel like it should be his #1 priority to keep his current licenses full of many many future releases.

leplant
03-21-2011, 02:08 AM
Im pretty sure it would sell good. But other than my dislike the halo franchise, theres also the fact thet jerry already has quite a few licenses right now. I think hes already spreading things too thin. Hes having problems as it is trying to keep up with his dealines. I feel like it should be his #1 priority to keep his current licenses full of many many future releases.

I am sure that Jerry won't take on anything that he can't handle, and I have no reason to believe that he is even considering a license. I am hopeful though, as I love the characters, and I can't think of a better company to immortalize them in resin. Considering the popularity of the game, there is a surprising lack of quality collectibles out there.

VS1976
03-21-2011, 02:50 AM
I can't see this happening?

leplant
03-22-2011, 02:00 PM
I can't see this happening?

I am 99% sure that you are correct. The question is why? Halo Reach grossed 200 million within 24 hrs of release. The franchise has been around for ten years, and remains extremely popular. I would speculate that the Master Chief is among the most recognizable and iconic gaming figures, but the license does not appear to be on anyone's short list. Kotobukiya put out some decent PVC stuff, but I am looking for Popcultureshock or Sideshow quality.

OuttaSight
03-22-2011, 02:30 PM
Halo costs too much for my bank account. You're going to have to look to someone bigger than me for it to happen.

benocehcap
03-22-2011, 02:33 PM
Halo costs too much for my bank account. You're going to have to look to someone bigger than me for it to happen.

Huh...? Bigger and Richer...:laugh:
there isn't any market out there for it. It would be better put it:muahaha:

leplant
03-22-2011, 02:33 PM

Well now I understand, thanks for the info Jerry. If you don't mind my asking, Is it the up front license that is the deal breaker, or the percentage of profit, or both?

antnie
03-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Jerry forget halo. Get the Bioshock liscence.

MrYac
03-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Jerry forget halo. Get the Bioshock liscence.

eh, great game but really aside from the Daddys what is there to really make an entire line of statues out of? sure the hardcore people might want some random splicers but they aren't going to sell to well, and the few human characters in the game are hardly interesting enough visually to carry a line either

antnie
03-22-2011, 04:27 PM
eh, great game but really aside from the Daddys what is there to really make an entire line of statues out of? sure the hardcore people might want some random splicers but they aren't going to sell to well, and the few human characters in the game are hardly interesting enough visually to carry a line either

You just crushed my dreams lol

MrYac
03-22-2011, 04:38 PM
You just crushed my dreams lol

heh, sorry. i think Sideshow doing a Bouncer PF would be amazing, i just can't see it working as an entire line is all

StatueHunter75
03-22-2011, 05:36 PM

Jerry how about Gears of War? Any Connections with Cliffie? I would love to see you do Gears of War statues!

OuttaSight
03-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Well now I understand, thanks for the info Jerry. If you don't mind my asking, Is it the up front license that is the deal breaker, or the percentage of profit, or both?

Its the upfront thats the killer, at least for me.

leplant
03-22-2011, 08:01 PM

I am illuminated, thanks Jerry.

MrYac
03-22-2011, 08:48 PM

i find it interesting how companies would rather over charge for their license and let it sit and do nothing then work out deals to actually get product out there

leplant
03-22-2011, 11:06 PM
i find it interesting how companies would rather over charge for their license and let it sit and do nothing then work out deals to actually get product out there

Is interesting a euphemism for ridiculous and stupid.

Zer0
03-23-2011, 01:41 AM
Huh...? Bigger and Richer...:laugh:
there isn't any market out there for it. It would be better put it:muahaha: Are you serious?

jedi_don
03-23-2011, 02:43 AM
Kotobukiya did PVC, Gentle Giant made busts and Weta made statues. I think "high-end" Halo collectibles have already been done.

OuttaSight
03-23-2011, 12:34 PM

The most frustrating one to date was Toho. I really wanted to do Godzilla and Co. But Toho wouldnt budge from the huge amount of money they wanted.

They wanted way more than ive paid anyone so far. Just an outrageous amount.

leplant
03-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Kotobukiya did PVC, Gentle Giant made busts and Weta made statues. I think "high-end" Halo collectibles have already been done.

The nicest thing that I can say about what has been released to date is that it's not my cup of tea. I am looking for poly resin quarter scale. I think there are basically two companies out there right now capable of providing the kind of collectibles I want.
1. Popcultureshock
2. Sideshow
Of the two, I would prefer Popcultureshock. I am just so taken with the Streetfighter series right now, that I would love to see what could be done with Halo. Sadly that will not be happening.

The most frustrating one to date was Toho. I really wanted to do Godzilla and Co. But Toho wouldnt budge from the huge amount of money they wanted.

That is a shame Jerry. I am a fan, and would have been delighted to add some Godzilla to my collection.

MrYac
03-23-2011, 02:26 PM

i just think back over the years and what i've read about properties like Thundercats and MK (which i know ironicly you have both of now) which were essential stagnent and doing nothing but collecting dust, yet instead of letting a company have them for a reasonable amount and pretty much let somebody else pay them to advertise for them they decided to be difficult and do nothing for decades, that just doesn't make buisness sense to me at all

JohnMatrix
03-23-2011, 03:14 PM

I want Godzilla and other monsters too. Too bad..

I and I
03-24-2011, 05:38 AM
The nicest thing that I can say about what has been released to date is that it's not my cup of tea. I am looking for poly resin quarter scale.

second that...
I did own a Masterchief pvc but, being not content with it, I sold it...

Even tough I'd like some Halo merch, I'd prefer merchandise from older games