PDA

View Full Version : Balrog

Rare1
03-27-2011, 12:29 AM
Is he even being considered? I want a Balrog Right after Sagat to complete Shadowloo :D

http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss342/kosick82/got-him-down-cold.png

:inquisiti Why wasn't Balrog on Bison Color Box?

High Lord Apocalypse
03-27-2011, 01:21 AM
Jerry has his doubts so I think balrog was going to the last of the line. Now that Jerry has the SF IV license, I doubt we will see balrog anytime soon.
I for one hope balrog doesn't end up on the backburner for the newer characters.

wizardjones
03-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Jerry has his doubts so I think balrog was going to the last of the line. Now that Jerry has the SF IV license, I doubt we will see balrog anytime soon.
I for one hope balrog doesn't end up on the backburner for the newer characters.

I dunno.. people love boxer in the tournament world. If he is done like http://media02.hongkiat.com/street-fighter-tribute/Balrog_Zbrush_streetfighter_CG_by_Syclown.jpg I think it will sell possibly!

premium_substit
03-27-2011, 03:10 AM
I guess, and let's be honest, he is the least favourable... but hell yes let's get him done.. this one could be the exception for a low es (but enough es to make it profitable, i say low es so it sells).. Jerry's come this far, we have to complete the original world warriors.. also I was thinking, even though Balrog imo isn't visually appealing, with PCS "stylised" (+ amplified accurate anatomy) sculpts, they could do a bad-ass Balrog.. give him massive arms ('rog is all strength), over-exaggerated gloves, an angry/toughened look (like in picture above, as opposed to his sometimes depicted "goofy" look), tattered mixed media top (he's been through alot), and a bit of tattered string for effect (similar to mumm ra), this piece could look sweet and compliment the line as a whole.

kagero_no_mai
03-27-2011, 04:20 AM
I dunno.. people love boxer in the tournament world. If he is done like http://media02.hongkiat.com/street-fighter-tribute/Balrog_Zbrush_streetfighter_CG_by_Syclown.jpg I think it will sell possibly!

I would so love a Balrog in that pose!
Please don't leave him last, let's complete the original ww first!

SARFARAZ
03-27-2011, 05:34 AM
I can't wait for balrog! And ofcourse jerry will make him! He said all of the world warriors would be done.

Leckske
03-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Balrog is my main... Jerry needs to complete this line!

THE_BEAST
03-27-2011, 06:49 AM
:tumblew:

akumalove
03-27-2011, 07:13 AM
I guess, and let's be honest, he is the least favourable... but hell yes let's get him done.. this one could be the exception for a low es (but enough es to make it profitable, i say low es so it sells).. Jerry's come this far, we have to complete the original world warriors.. also I was thinking, even though Balrog imo isn't visually appealing, with PCS "stylised" (+ amplified accurate anatomy) sculpts, they could do a bad-ass Balrog.. give him massive arms ('rog is all strength), over-exaggerated gloves, an angry/toughened look (like in picture above, as opposed to his sometimes depicted "goofy" look), tattered mixed media top (he's been through alot), and a bit of tattered string for effect (similar to mumm ra), this piece could look sweet and compliment the line as a whole.

:goodpost:
Christina

crazy_legs03
03-27-2011, 07:25 AM
Not much interests in Balrog.. the boxer just never was a favourite of mine

TheSFToySpirit
03-27-2011, 08:41 AM
with PCS "stylised" (+ amplified accurate anatomy) sculpts, they could do a bad-ass Balrog.. give him massive arms ('rog is all strength), over-exaggerated gloves, an angry/toughened look (like in picture above, as opposed to his sometimes depicted "goofy" look),
+1, I prefer the "comics" style with exaggerated muscles, hands and foot, like the Sota Rotocast!..

I can't poll because it misses my opinion, it's equal for me. All statues that come will be great, so I don't matter of the order.

steverx78
03-27-2011, 09:38 AM
not a big fan of the charather in the game didn't use him too much. but I'd really love the charather in statue which will come out great. can't wait:radior:

SARFARAZ
03-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Who the hell voted don't make him at all!? Who was it!? Come on. Step foward!

World Warrior
03-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Balrog is planned, hasn't been started but is planned. You will like the exclusive ;)

SARFARAZ
03-27-2011, 10:48 AM
How do you know he's planned dude?

Dirt Torpedo
03-27-2011, 11:03 AM

[cough] :confused2

jetfuel
03-27-2011, 11:13 AM
World Warrior seems to have some inside info lately...

steverx78
03-27-2011, 11:28 AM
World Warrior seems to have some inside info lately...

:peoples: :dork: :confused2

akumalove
03-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Balrog is planned, hasn't been started but is planned. You will like the exclusive ;)
Just send a pm :D :p
Is it with the American flag pants??? Yes it is, it is :thumbs2:
Christina

Spazzy
03-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Since I am not buying the whole line anymore, no I don't want him, but a couple weeks ago, TOTALLY would have to have him in the lineup.

Quest99
03-27-2011, 05:37 PM
With the american flag hoodie! Yesss

THE_BEAST
03-27-2011, 07:13 PM
Give me Balrog or give me death...

bebohawk
03-27-2011, 08:16 PM
I will prefer Balrog over Dalsim Or Honda anyday

HulkvsAll
03-27-2011, 08:18 PM
come on who wouldn't want mike tyson in their collection!!! hahah:radior:

MrYac
03-27-2011, 08:21 PM
come on who wouldn't want mike tyson in their collection!!! hahah:radior:

i'd much rather have King Hippo personally

wizardjones
03-28-2011, 12:04 AM
I will prefer Balrog over Dalsim Or Honda anyday

:goodpost:

Mannequin
03-28-2011, 03:34 AM

Make this into an LSB Balrog it will sell 101%

Alpha_Flight
03-28-2011, 12:05 PM
I would LOVE a Rog... Bison's main go-to-guy needs to be done before the likes of Honda, Blanka and stretch.

Funny that most people think that Sagat and Vega are closer to Bison. Rog does most of the dirty work and Sagat isn't even evil at heart, just a jaded fighter. I guess J doesn't like Rog all that much, he didn't even make it on Bisons box art :(

marvelboi77
03-28-2011, 12:28 PM

It's me...It's me.:jawd:

LORDGUILLO
03-28-2011, 12:41 PM
I dunno.. people love boxer in the tournament world. If he is done like http://media02.hongkiat.com/street-fighter-tribute/Balrog_Zbrush_streetfighter_CG_by_Syclown.jpg I think it will sell possibly!http://www.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/17/4/AAAADJX8TXUAAAAAABdLaw.png

This Balrog + a version of this miniature gloves + limited ES = K.O.:radior:

steverx78
03-28-2011, 01:20 PM
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm211/thezonzy/balrog.gif
:radior:

Hadouken
04-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Having Bison,Vega,Sagat and balrog together would be epic!!! Would remind of the street fighter ending were they show the portrait of all of them and bison succeeded in taking over the word sweet!:buttrock:

TheSFToySpirit
04-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Having Bison,Vega,Sagat and balrog together would be epic!!!
And Cammy in Shadaloo costume!.. :buttrock:

Zangief
04-02-2011, 11:40 AM

I agree with this 100%. Balrog isn't that interesting visually but with some roided out features and some nice PCS attitude he could be a huge sleeper hit along with E. Honda if done well.

Old Snake
04-02-2011, 12:34 PM
The gloves can have a lot of personality on their own, like the thick sculpted padding used on Akuma, Ryu and Ken's gloves. Real laces on his boots. With the PCS style anatomy and a decent sized run, 'rog will be the sleeper hit of the line.

TheSFToySpirit
04-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Gloves in real fabric would be awesome!..

Quest99
04-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Do it! :laugh:

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x352/Boominh/090723-sfiv-skins-1.jpg

steverx78
04-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Doraemon :peoples: :peoples: :peoples:
I love it:cool:

deansta
04-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Balrog is a must in my opinion, we already got Vega, Bison, and Jerry has mentioned Sagat coming... Would be a beautiful display with all the Bosses.

THE_BEAST
04-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Balrog is a must in my opinion, we already got Vega, Bison, and Jerry has mentioned Sagat coming... Would be a beautiful display with all the Bosses.

:iagree:

wolvie82
04-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Is this a joke????? Who is this guy????

TheSFToySpirit
04-08-2011, 08:47 AM
:confused:

Who is Balrog??

Zangief
04-08-2011, 09:04 AM

"Balrog is a character from the Street Fighter videogame series.
If Balrog seems like an odd name for this guy (he doesn’t look much like a Tolkienian fire-demon, anyway), that’s because it’s not exactly his name. In the Japanese version of Street Fighter II, the guy who looked a lot like Mike Tyson was called something that sounded a lot like “Mike Tyson” – this is the original “M. Bison.”

Capcom’s American division, fearing that Tyson and his lawyers wouldn’t necessarily enjoy the joke, decided to shuffle a few names around. The boxer became Balrog (the name that originally belonged to the girly-looking Spanish dude with the claw), and the final boss got a really funny-sounding name for an evil third-world dictator.

But back to the boxer. Balrog was a top heavyweight competitor for some time, but eventually his penchant for illegal tactics got him banned from the professional ring. Falling on hard times, he became a hatchet-man for M. Bison’s Shadoloo organization, disposing of many low-level threats to its operations.

Prefiguring other boxing-focused characters in fighting games (like Tekken’s Steve Fox, or Vanessa in the King of Fighters games), Balrog has almost nothing but punching attacks, even using the kick buttons on the Street Fighter control interface. His only other non-fist-related attacks are usually headbutts."

-IGN

Or if you don't wanna read that:

Balrog: A SSF4 character that spams headbutt until the cows come home but thats ok because it beats out everything anyway.

Quest99
04-08-2011, 09:35 AM

I think he is Referring to Statue Forums member Rare1....who got banned yesterday. I only got a glimpse of the fight that happened between him and some Moderators here. He came back under the name "Evil Jerry" and started non sense threads....of course they all got deleted!

Mods are fast at reacting here....especially Rocket! I don't know how he does it!?! :thumbs2:

.....yes I spend way too much time here....:sos:

TheSFToySpirit
04-08-2011, 01:51 PM
"Evil Jerry"... :laugh:

Maybe that J fell in the dark side of Hadou and it's why he doesnt give any news of the SF line!.. :hilarious:

;)

THE_BEAST
04-08-2011, 04:06 PM
:laugh:

premium_substit
04-08-2011, 10:44 PM
Evil Jerry LOL... take it as a compliment i guess

btw Zangielf.. cool facts there.. i knew they changed the original japanese names around but I wasn't sure why

akumalove
04-10-2011, 06:31 AM
A nice extra would also be that you can choose the display him with or without gloves :)
Christina

TheSFToySpirit
04-10-2011, 06:55 AM
A nice extra would also be that you can choose the display him with or without gloves :)
Christina
It would be great :thumbs2:

Without gloves there is a lot of opportunities:

http://image.toutlecine.com/photos/h/o/t/hot-shots-2-1993-02-g.jpg

Quest99
04-10-2011, 11:05 AM
Charlie Sheen WIN!

wolvie82
04-10-2011, 09:42 PM
I think he is Referring to Statue Forums member Rare1....who got banned yesterday. I only got a glimpse of the fight that happened between him and some Moderators here. He came back under the name "Evil Jerry" and started non sense threads....of course they all got deleted!

Mods are fast at reacting here....especially Rocket! I don't know how he does it!?! :thumbs2:

.....yes I spend way too much time here....:sos:

Thats exactly what i meant! What a looser, thank god he got banned! it was getting annoying!!

Mannequin
04-13-2011, 02:34 AM
This one is life-size and life-like
http://www.irook.com/gamekastle/photos/gkphoto_249.jpg

Jerry, thought you might need a reference..

ddddave1
02-12-2012, 01:48 AM
Balrog was always a super cool character...too bad the video series made him look like a fop.. He needs to be made...perhaps with a touch of young Tyson likeness in the sculpt ..