PDA

View Full Version : Conan "The prize" diorama at your LCS?

superboylives
04-02-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm looking for the Conan "The prize" diorama. If anyone has seen it at your local U.S. comic book store please IM me? It has pretty much disappeared on the web. Thanks

Webb
04-02-2011, 12:43 PM
eBay has 3 at this moment.

dino76m
04-02-2011, 12:45 PM
i have 2 , one damaged but reparable

superboylives
04-02-2011, 12:55 PM
eBay has 3 at this moment.

Thanks, but I saw those on ebay. They're asking 400+ and that statue retailed for about $270 7 months ago.

Webb
04-02-2011, 01:27 PM
You said you were looking for,but never said how much you were willing to pay up.

This is how this hobby is.I bought a Hot Toys T2 T-800 for about $140.00 shipped,now they are $400.00.

I wish I had Hulk PF,Dr.Doom PF Spiderman PF.But I started late in the game.

http://www.wilcoxgallery.com/Artists/Mansanarez,%20Tom/TM-0007_SnoozeYaLoseSm.jpg

superboylives
04-02-2011, 01:44 PM
You said you were looking for,but never said how much you were willing to pay up.

This is how this hobby is.I bought a Hot Toys T2 T-800 for about $140.00 shipped,now they are $400.00.

I wish I had Hulk PF,Dr.Doom PF Spiderman PF.But I started late in the game.

http://www.wilcoxgallery.com/Artists/Mansanarez,%20Tom/TM-0007_SnoozeYaLoseSm.jpg

Yeah I kinda get the gist of the hobby, but if someone knows of one at there LCS they're usually going for less than ebay. I'm not wishing for something that sold out years ago. Conan is only a few months old.

superboylives
04-02-2011, 01:45 PM
i have 2 , one damaged but reparable

PM sent

dino76m
04-02-2011, 01:58 PM
not really looking forward to sell it , actually the first one was damaged and i bought the second one with the money saved up for kratos pf
plus im from india so shipping would come around to 160 dollars which bigbadtoystore charged me

Spazzy
04-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah I kinda get the gist of the hobby, but if someone knows of one at there LCS they're usually going for less than ebay. I'm not wishing for something that sold out years ago. Conan is only a few months old.

even a couple months a piece can jump up in price easily, especially once it sells out at SS. Many pieces lately I have noticed do that.

superboylives
04-02-2011, 02:24 PM
not really looking forward to sell it , actually the first one was damaged and i bought the second one with the money saved up for kratos pf
plus im from india so shipping would come around to 160 dollars which bigbadtoystore charged me

Sorry. I didn't know you were in india.

superboylives
04-02-2011, 02:31 PM
even a couple months a piece can jump up in price easily, especially once it sells out at SS. Many pieces lately I have noticed do that.

You're right about that.(expect for carnage) I don't quite understand why though. I've seen statues still for sale on sideshow's site for a month or two after they were shipped to everyone that pre-ordered. Then once they sell out they're a hot item. Prior to that no one seemed to care.
I had every opportunity to order conan months ago, but didn't realize it was a great statue until I saw it in person. By then it was to late.

Spazzy
04-02-2011, 02:39 PM
IT has always been that way alien Warrior 1:1 was instock for awhile same with PCS Ryu, even venom came back on second chance.

Many I don't understand are still sitting in stock....mainly means too much at once, I would pick up so many if I could, but money and space can be limiting.

Level.2
04-02-2011, 03:15 PM
You're right about that.(expect for carnage) I don't quite understand why though. I've seen statues still for sale on sideshow's site for a month or two after they were shipped to everyone that pre-ordered. Then once they sell out they're a hot item. Prior to that no one seemed to care.
I had every opportunity to order conan months ago, but didn't realize it was a great statue until I saw it in person. By then it was to late.

It was even in the GC section for a while (ex).

Is the regular even hard to find? Does it fetch as much as the EX?

Sledge Hammer!
04-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Conan was never in the giftcard section. It took a couple of months past initial arrival to sell out the ex versions, so it hung around the site for a little while after stocks arrived, but they were all gone by December last year, inside of three months after release, as I had a damaged flex pay Conan EX that I couldn't get replaced because they had all sold out by that time.

I don't think there's a hard set time limit per se, but in general it usually takes a good five or six months after initial release until something hits the giftcard section from what I've noticed, unless I guess they are just swamped with unsold pieces, then it might be shifted to giftcard earlier. For example the Temple of Doom Indy PF hit around the start of last December, is still available, but isn't yet gift card eligible, and that's been a good four months. However the Colossus LSB that hit in November is on the giftcard list already...

Predator
04-02-2011, 07:02 PM
This is one of those pieces that you will be buried with when you die.