PDA

View Full Version : Phase III Scale & Risers?

MKS
06-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Not sure if this has been covered, but will Phase III busts be in the same scale as Phase II?

Also - was anything ever decided about Bowen risers for Phase 1?

Thanks,

MKS

Collection King 13
06-23-2005, 02:17 PM
all 3 phases are the same scale... p3 will have the same license rules as p2... and if you need risers there are pleanty of place on line to buy them...

ashley76
06-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Give me some info CK. Where?

TN Reptile
06-23-2005, 02:35 PM
I have a few risers that I never put on ebay if anyone needs any. They are all rosewood, that one of my Chinese importers brought me.

Collection King 13
06-23-2005, 02:36 PM
Give me some info CK. Where?
Here goes one place... Risers (http://www.nicetoys.com/displayacrylicriserstands.html) Also if you do a search on the forum for Acrylic Risers their are a few threads on it with online stores and info...

randy bowen
06-23-2005, 04:17 PM
Not sure if this has been covered, but will Phase III busts be in the same scale as Phase II?

Also - was anything ever decided about Bowen risers for Phase 1?

Thanks,

MKS

The 'over 6" rule' is still in effect for phzIII. Still working on the risers. Trying to figure how they'll be marketed

cyberpunk12
06-23-2005, 04:22 PM
The 'over 6" rule' is still in effect for phzIII. Still working on the risers. Trying to figure how they'll be marketedRandy, can you tell us what you have in mind? Are they going to be acrylic risers, solid colored blocks, or what?

ashley76
06-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Way to go Randy. This is awesome news. Now I can mix and match phase 1 and 2. Anal retentive about some things...

MKS
06-23-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

randy bowen
06-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Randy, can you tell us what you have in mind? Are they going to be acrylic risers, solid colored blocks, or what?

I was either going to release them in white, black or clear. Can't decide.

Maybe black 'cuz so many of our bases are black anyway, it would kinda give weight to the sculpt.

I was also considering white -in case someone wants to paint their own.

Clear would look pretty classy and could also be painted , but is slightly more expensive to produce.

Maybe we should put this to a poll? :peoples:

MONSTER
06-23-2005, 11:21 PM

You heard the man. Zurb do your job! :stick: :wink2:

Tattoo-X
06-24-2005, 04:48 AM
No need for BD to waste valuable time marketing risers.
Nuff Said!

crozz614
06-24-2005, 07:40 AM
I wrote this same thing in the poll section. Just wanted to make sure I was heard.

Why in the hell are we bothering RB with this BS. Guys, it is very easy. Go to The Container Store. Go to the display section in the store. In this section you will find sports collectibles containers, plate stands, little boxes for freakin butterflies, and guess what else-- CLEAR PLASTIC RISERS!!!! This topic has come up sooooo many times and it is completely stupid. Randy does not need to me worrying about F'in risers. And if you need something different, make it yourselves. Let Randy do what he does--SCULPT, and we can display our own S$%T.

Collection King 13
06-24-2005, 08:10 AM
Yes there is no need for BD risers!!!!

Bullseye
06-24-2005, 08:49 AM
Isn't there enough companies making these risers. If it doesn't detract from the release of busts/statues then fair enough. I know the perfect solution for these bust risers...give the busts legs and call them statues.:)

Tattoo-X
06-24-2005, 10:01 AM
No risers.
Make collector cards. :eplus2:

the fog
06-24-2005, 10:44 PM
RB don't waste your time with risers there are plenty of other places to get these things, not that it isn't a good idea for some, but I like the difference in heighth from one phase to the next, hell michelangelo never needed risers!
Put the taller busts in the back row and the shorter ones in the front.

kawi13x
06-25-2005, 06:37 AM
RB don't waste your time with risers there are plenty of other places to get these things, not that it isn't a good idea for some, but I like the difference in heighth from one phase to the next, hell michelangelo never needed risers!
Put the taller busts in the back row and the shorter ones in the front.

Well stated! I totally agree. :banghead:

The Watcher
06-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Don't listen to the naysayers RB! They're reminiscent of the "Nattering Nabobs of Negativism" (Safire/Agnew).

If you build it, we will come. :)

Tattoo-X
06-25-2005, 09:52 AM
Use some imagination, resourcefullness, and ingenuity people. Randy doesn't need to waste his valuable time with risers.

lord odin
06-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Use some imagination, resourcefullness, and ingenuity people. Randy doesn't need to waste his valuable time with risers.
you tell `em wookiee he should waste his time making a tigra bust. :eplus2:

the fog
06-25-2005, 06:33 PM
OR A FS Hawkeye!!!!!!!!!!!! Still waiting!!!!!!!!!! maybe another BRB revisit.

Tony Coca
06-25-2005, 06:35 PM

Its not like Randy makes all the Bust and Statues.I think he has time on his hands to do some risers.

Grumpy
06-25-2005, 10:36 PM
You know, finding risers to place in my collection is a creative challenge I rather enjoy.

1) I've found the clear acrylic risers I want at Staples and Office Depot in the desk accessory area. They are relatively inexpensive and come in various sizes. The taller ones have a wider surface to support the larger base pieces and their sides can be easily cut down.

2) I've found glass candle stick holders in many colors including the clear ones at Wal-Mart that can be turned upside down as used as "risers". They too, are relatively inexpensive and I've seen both round and square ones.

3) I've taken end pieces of 2" x 4" boards, sanded them down, stained them, lacquered them and used them as "risers". With all the housing construction around where I live the wood is free.

I'm afraid I have to agree with others in suggesting Randy not provide "risers". I am, however, still interested in finding bases for my busts and statues that revolve. Randy, any help here? Where did you get the ones you used in San Diego last year? Ikea sells a base that has a glass cover that, although it doesn't revolve, it does change colors. I'm thinking of getting this one to put under my clear Ice Man varient. Anybody else try doing something like that?

lord odin
06-25-2005, 10:41 PM
You know, finding risers to place in my collection is a creative challenge I rather enjoy.

1) I've found the clear acrylic risers I want at Staples and Office Depot in the desk accessory area. They are relatively inexpensive and come in various sizes. The taller ones have a wider surface to support the larger base pieces and their sides can be easily cut down.

2) I've found glass candle stick holders in many colors including the clear ones at Wal-Mart that can be turned upside down as used as "risers". They too, are relatively inexpensive and I've seen both round and square ones.

3) I've taken end pieces of 2" x 4" boards, sanded them down, stained them, lacquered them and used them as "risers". With all the housing construction around where I live the wood is free.

I'm afraid I have to agree with others in suggesting Randy not provide "risers". I am, however, still interested in finding bases for my busts and statues that revolve. Randy, any help here? Where did you get the ones you used in San Diego last year? Ikea sells a base that has a glass cover that, although it doesn't revolve, it does change colors. I'm thinking of getting this one to put under my clear Ice Man varient. Anybody else try doing something like that?
you can make a revolving base just get a small rpm motor a round piece of glass or wood make a box like case to hide the motor and wires put in a push button or toggle switch paint the box or leave it natural piece of cake your done.

Statuesque Fellow
06-25-2005, 10:51 PM
My vote goes to Marvel character Pogs :buttrock:

Tattoo-X
06-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Its not like Randy makes all the Bust and Statues.I think he has time on his hands to do some risers.
It takes time to list them for sale, takes time to take orders, takes time to ship them, etc, etc.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Tattoo-X
06-25-2005, 11:06 PM
you tell `em wookiee he should waste his time making a tigra bust. :eplus2:
Tigra with the highest "yes" vote I've ever seen on this forum, it would be the best waste of time for Randy......and me too.;)

Tony Coca
06-25-2005, 11:53 PM
It takes time to list them for sale, takes time to take orders, takes time to ship them, etc, etc.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Randy doesnt do that.thats Heathers Job.

Tattoo-X
06-25-2005, 11:58 PM
No need for BD to waste valuable time marketing risers.
Nuff Said!
Sorry, I was refering to this. Randy, Bowen Designs, whatever. If a person wants risers, go and buy them or make them. It's that freakin simple. Put the tall ones in back. Seperate Phase 1 from the others.
Heck, they are not in perfect scale to one another anyway.

Tattoo-X
06-25-2005, 11:59 PM
Randy doesnt do that.thats Heathers Job.
Heather doesn't ship them. :p

Tony Coca
06-26-2005, 12:00 AM
Heather doesn't ship them. :p
Yeah USPS does. :laugh:

Tattoo-X
06-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Yeah USPS does.
I think you should change your name to Tony Focker.;) :laugh:
Neither Randy or Heather packages them for shipment.:rolleyes2
I'm done playing now. Gotta go. :p

Zurbaran1
06-26-2005, 12:33 AM

Isn't Randy the person who was asking for a poll? He seems to want to waste his valuable time with risers and being the smart businessman he is there's probably a good reason for it too.

lord odin
06-26-2005, 12:40 AM
Isn't Randy the person who was asking for a poll? He seems to want to waste his valuable time with risers and being the smart businessman he is there's probably a good reason for it too.
I think he`s tapping the market before some other company does it.

Zurbaran1
06-26-2005, 01:52 AM
I think he`s tapping the market before some other company does it.

bingo

Tattoo-X
06-26-2005, 03:25 AM
Randy is a great guy. Tries to please everyone. Sculpts Doop for his friend Mike Allred. Dana asks for BRB and BAT, he makes it. Chrome Ghost Rider and Ultron. FF She-Hulk. The list goes on and on.
Now, if I'm not mistaken, there were requests for risers back when BD first started their forum. So it appears (Gold Bucky pic) that Randy has been working on the idea for some time. But tapping the market. There's already risers out there.
That's fine, I'll shut up about it. Hopefully I'm proven wrong for BD sake, but I'll bet they'll be right next the the Inhumans on the website for some time.
I seriously doubt I'll buy any. I built shelves to fit my busts way back when, and now I can't display several of them the way I want because Marvel is a bunch of freakin idiots with their licensing. Can't wait for risers to make all of them not fit. :banghead:

Tattoo-X
06-26-2005, 03:41 AM
Okay, I lied. Got something else to say.
Tony,
The plant in China is having enough difficulty with paint jobs and getting things produced and shipped to the States.
By all means, let's through some little boosters in there to sloooww things done a little bit more.

Tattoo-X
06-26-2005, 03:43 AM
Now, on not so bitter of a note,
Lord Odin, love your new signature. :buttrock:
:) :)

lord odin
06-26-2005, 07:09 AM
Now, on not so bitter of a note,
Lord Odin, love your new signature. :buttrock:
:) :)I knew you would. :)

HoldyourfireAl
06-18-2007, 05:00 PM
I was either going to release them in white, black or clear. Can't decide.

Maybe black 'cuz so many of our bases are black anyway, it would kinda give weight to the sculpt.

I was also considering white -in case someone wants to paint their own.

Clear would look pretty classy and could also be painted , but is slightly more expensive to produce.

Whatever happenned to this?