PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie WIP - By Alex Pereira

Arahom Radjah
05-23-2011, 04:07 PM
Guys here is our Valkyrie WIP. It's still early stages but good enough to show!

Alex Pereira again making it unbelievable cool!

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/valkirie pose 10x.jpg

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/valkirie pose 10xx.jpg

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/valkirie pose 11.jpg

Averone
05-23-2011, 04:13 PM
OMG!

Arahom, the updates are spectacular!!!

splendid work!!
Another ARH home run!

Averone
05-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Bravo Alex P!
:thumbs2:

Arahom Radjah
05-23-2011, 04:17 PM
I'll have some close up shots of the face posted next.

Averone
05-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Arahom, I hate to say it but Im looking around and all my statues in my collection are starting to look like toys!

These are real art!! I will have to start selling a few of my stuff to make room. And I am sure Im not alone when I say this!

joeblack
05-23-2011, 04:42 PM
a very good start

I like the base

again a spear:banghead:

Averone
05-23-2011, 04:45 PM
a very good start

I like the base

Joe, buddy!!

You know us, we will have a change of hand with a sword! Im sure it will come.

joeblack
05-23-2011, 04:50 PM
:doh!: of course but it's late here and i'm talking too fast...go to my bed

i'm tired with ARH...too big statue, too beautiful statue, too much statues....(a lot of too)

and it's increasing with the time

Arahom Radjah
05-23-2011, 04:50 PM
a very good start

I like the base

Again? Valkiries were known by having spears! We give them the weapon they use.

VS1976
05-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Looks fantastic :drooling:

A R E S
05-23-2011, 04:53 PM
It's wow, i mean really wow. What i especially like about your statues is that you always have a beautiful base. I like that, it adds a lot to a statue.

joeblack
05-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Again? Valkiries were known by having spears! We give them the weapon they use.

i say again because i was thinking about achille, leonidas, athena,...

but you're totaly right all these characters must have a spear

forget that :thumbs2:

Arahom Radjah
05-23-2011, 04:58 PM
It's wow, i mean really wow. What i especially like about your statues is that you always have a beautiful base. I like that, it adds a lot to a statue.

Haha!! Found one that actually look at the bases!! :laugh:

Seriuosly, Thanks for the compliment! :thumbs2:

Arahom Radjah
05-23-2011, 04:59 PM
i say again because i was thinking about achille, leonidas, athena,...

but you're totaly right all these characters must have a spear

forget that :thumbs2:

They all HAD spears in "real" life, so I have to stick to whatever weapons they were known to wield!

nexus
05-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Superb!

Arahom Radjah
05-23-2011, 05:21 PM
A close up

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/valkirie pose 11.jpg

Averone
05-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Arahom, if I look at this too much...

Your going to make my wife mad at me!

She is a beauty!

Arahom Radjah
05-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Arahom, if I look at this too much...

Your going to make my wife mad at me!

She is a beauty!

She is not real!!!!

Averone
05-23-2011, 05:37 PM
She is not real!!!!

:)

jollyskeleton
05-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Oh. My. Goodness. Arahom, im starting to hate you for putting all these gorgeous temptations my way..

:p

Arahom Radjah
05-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Oh. My. Goodness. Arahom, im starting to hate you for putting all these gorgeous temptations my way..

Easy way to solve the problem! Start buying them all, so they won't tempt you anymore! LOL

riteguytu
05-23-2011, 05:55 PM
Fantastic! :buttrock:

Anachron
05-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Looks incredible, i enjoy the base as well.

neomatrix99
05-23-2011, 06:11 PM
great job

Viper245
05-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Looks fantastic so far Arahom. This will be on my to buy list for sure along with Athena. One of the things I particularly like about your pieces is the attention you pay to the bases and how they seamlessly flow into the figure. As averone said, these are more works of art then they are collectible statues and that's a good thing.

Bravo!

Averone
05-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Boys/girls!!
Its not even done yet!

Im sure you will enjoy her even more when its completed :)

Arahom Radjah
05-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Looks fantastic so far Arahom. This will be on my to buy list for sure along with Athena. One of the things I particularly like about your pieces is the attention you pay to the bases and how they seamlessly flow into the figure. As averone said, these are more works of art then they are collectible statues and that's a good thing.

Bravo!

Not teasing, but if we want to talk about bases, we should talk about the surprise piece we will release through Sideshow at the Comic Con!!

That's a base!!!!

But of course you guys haven't seen it yet!! :muahaha:

The good news is that Sideshow might show it on the website at the end of June. It's their call though!!

dechirico7
05-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Awesome.
This is my kind of statue.

civiclx
05-23-2011, 07:34 PM
wow that looks like it's going to be great but I was expecting to see a pic of Tom Cruise complete with eye-patch and not so complete hand:wink2:

risingstar
05-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Very very nice...
Great job, guys! This keep getting better!

Alex655321
05-23-2011, 08:09 PM
Beautiful !

steverx78
05-23-2011, 10:03 PM
gorgeous!:buttrock:

warhead
05-23-2011, 10:57 PM
This is looking to be the best ARH female statue for me, fantastic start.

jedi_don
05-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Love the braids. If this is going to be 1/4, with that base, it's going to be ginormous.

Arahom Radjah
05-23-2011, 11:42 PM
Love the braids. If this is going to be 1/4, with that base, it's going to be ginormous.

Yes, 1/4th.

After Thor and the surprise release we will have at the Comic Con, I don't consider anything else big!! LOL

It will be big, but not near to what we have for the Comic Con!! YOu guys will be REALLY impressed!

From all our statues, Sideshow was VERY emphatic about having that piece at the show!!! LOL

jollyskeleton
05-24-2011, 12:21 AM
Yes, 1/4th.

After Thor and the surprise release we will have at the Comic Con, I don't consider anything else big!! LOL

It will be big, but not near to what we have for the Comic Con!! YOu guys will be REALLY impressed!

From all our statues, Sideshow was VERY emphatic about having that piece at the show!!! LOL

U're making us all very curious here. Hint?

Arahom Radjah
05-24-2011, 12:29 AM
U're making us all very curious here. Hint?

That's the idea, but I cannot give any hints! I believe Sideshow will release it on the website at the end of June, so there will be time for pre-orders and etc, but I cannot tell what it is yet.

Let's just say that I believe there won't be a single person at the Comic Con that won't be impressed by it. LOL

This is the piece that sealed our entry on Sideshow's booth at the Comic Con! It's so cool that they could not let it pass!!! :buttrock:

Viper245
05-24-2011, 12:39 AM
Not teasing, but if we want to talk about bases, we should talk about the surprise piece we will release through Sideshow at the Comic Con!!

That's a base!!!!

But of course you guys haven't seen it yet!! :muahaha:

The good news is that Sideshow might show it on the website at the end of June. It's their call though!!

Sounds great Arahom! I am really looking forward to this big surprise piece you speak of. Comic Con can't come soon enough. :buttrock:

Hopefully Sideshow will give us a sneak peak in June.

Averone
05-24-2011, 12:42 AM
That's the idea, but I cannot give any hints! I believe Sideshow will release it on the website at the end of June, so there will be time for pre-orders and etc, but I cannot tell what it is yet.

Let's just say that I believe there won't be a single person at the Comic Con that won't be impressed by it. LOL

This is the piece that sealed our entry on Sideshow's booth at the Comic Con! It's so cool that they could not let it pass!!! :buttrock:

I love the enthusiasm!
Arahom we both know it will turn heads, I am sure the guys will also appreciate all the hard work that went into it.

Yet I wonder if Thor will make it, and if so, I dont think anything can ever top it!

Arahom Radjah
05-24-2011, 01:08 AM
I love the enthusiasm!
Arahom we both know it will turn heads, I am sure the guys will also appreciate all the hard work that went into it.

Yet I wonder if Thor will make it, and if so, I dont think anything can ever top it!

We all know well the acrilic boxe displays Sideshow has at the Comic Con.

Well... let's just say that just this one surprise piece took all the space available in the display.

They are trying to fit Thor, so we can have at least those two at the show, but I think it won't fit at all!

Averone
05-24-2011, 01:16 AM

Well... let's just say that just this one surprise piece took all the space available in the display.

They are trying to fit Thor, so we can have at least those two at the show, but I think it won't fit at all!

What a shame!! :bawling:
Dont they know, big boys like to play with big toys!!

We should just hand carry it in and display it!!
Put one in the truck and bring it over, Im sure they will love to see it if they dont have one already!

VS1976
05-24-2011, 01:25 AM

Its too bad u guys can only bring 2 statues to SDCC. I do think that you guys should make smaller bases on some of your future statues. Otherwise a lot of collectors would be out of space in no time.

Averone
05-24-2011, 01:30 AM
Its too bad u guys can only bring 2 statues to SDCC. I do think that you guys should make smaller bases on some of your future statues. Otherwise a lot of collectors would be out of space in no time.

Yes some of these are big, but not all of them!

I can see some of our statues ending up in homes of the rich and famous!

Thats how appealing they are to everyone. They will look at the price tag of $500.00 and think its a bargain. But we want to make it affordable to all so we keep the quality high and make the best product we can offer. These are truly works of art. Even the ladies are saying wow!

The one surpirse is not for everyone, its to show the world what we can do. ARH has come to its own.

It, along with Thor is going to announce our arrival, and what better way to do it, then center stage at SDCC at Sideshow Collectables! :thumbs2:

joeblack
05-24-2011, 01:54 AM
And this "surprise" will be a sideshow exclusive
or available on arh website too after the SDCC ?

Arahom Radjah
05-24-2011, 01:58 AM

We will have the regular edition available, but not APs.

Averone
05-24-2011, 01:59 AM

We want to spend more time on development than on actual casting and painting these statues, this is our goal for the long term.
We will offer the regular editions only. Sideshow will have the only Exclusive EX version.

A R E S
05-24-2011, 02:34 AM
I'm looking forward to see the surprise statue. I'm sure it will be stunning.
And like i said one reason i like ARH Statues is because they are BIG and have an awesome base. Please do not ever loose that ^^ it makes your really unique.
If your statues do not fit in sideshows acrilic boxes not your statues are too big, sideshow boxes are too small ^^

Averone
05-24-2011, 02:44 AM
I'm looking forward to see the surprise statue. I'm sure it will be stunning.
And like i said one reason i like ARH Statues is because they are BIG and have an awesome base. Please do not ever loose that ^^ it makes your really unique.
If your statues do not fit in sideshows acrilic boxes not your statues are too big, sideshow boxes are too small ^^

LOL!!
I like your attitude!!
:thumbs2:

SKORPIO8
05-24-2011, 06:48 AM
How true Averone, as everything else looks toys compare them to ARH statues. I am serious thinking of not buying anything else than ARH,as ARH has overcome bigger companies, and the statues they provide are museam quality. Valkyrie will look gr8 next to Thor. Cant wait 2 c her painted. Anynews on ARIES guys??

vmcoelho
05-24-2011, 07:39 AM
Ohhh man! Thats what i call a valkyrie!

The only bad thing is that i need money to buy Athena first, before its sold out :(

Hey Arahom, in what scle are you guys planning to sculpt this baby here?

A R E S
05-24-2011, 08:10 AM
Since the statue is made to accompany Thor, it's kinda sure the scale is 1:4.

jollyskeleton
05-24-2011, 08:48 AM
I originally thought Athena's sculpt was the best female piece put out by ARH so far, but this one totally has to take the cake!!! Can't get enough of her

Arahom Radjah
05-24-2011, 09:01 AM
I originally thought Athena's sculpt was the best female piece put out by ARH so far, but this one totally has to take the cake!!! Can't get enough of her

I'm glad to hear that! The idea is always to improve!

VS1976
05-24-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm glad to hear that! The idea is always to improve!

It's too bad the base (ship dragon head) can not be removed for optional display purposes. I do find the ship part to be a little over whelming. For my taste, I would like her on that rock only. It makes her the focal point. The boat piece is somewhat of a distraction.

TNovak
05-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Easy way to solve the problem! Start buying them all, so they won't tempt you anymore! LOL

I will be buying most of them, I think I may quit buying most other lines and just go with ARH and ReelArt Frazetta stuff.

wow that looks like it's going to be great but I was expecting to see a pic of Tom Cruise complete with eye-patch and not so complete hand:wink2:

And a spear.......:tounge:

It's too bad the base (ship dragon head) can not be removed for optional display purposes. I do find the ship part to be a little over whelming. For my taste, I would like her on that rock only. It makes her the focal point. The boat piece is somewhat of a distraction.

I love all the bases that ARH does. One drawback on say Hard Hero back in the day was that Seth would do amazing sculpts but the bases just looked so plain and small that it took away from the overall work. I love all the bases ARH has used so far. :DJsmile:

Averone
05-24-2011, 10:03 AM
I too like the bases!

VS1976
05-24-2011, 10:48 AM
I too like the bases!

:sos: :confused2 I think because the height of the dragon head is on the same level as Valkyrie, you lose that focal point? Your eyes don't know which to draw on first? It would be great if that was detachable for optional display?

Here's a side by side compare where I took out the dragons head off the ship.

http://i51.tinypic.com/1418a9y.jpg

Primal
05-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Beautiful CGI there. Looking forward to seeing it printed. :thumbs2:

daniocean777
05-24-2011, 10:57 AM
I'll have some close up shots of the face posted next.

who is valkyrie ?

A R E S
05-24-2011, 11:04 AM
@VS1976: Hm i personally have no problem with it, but probably it will get a lot better for you when the statue is painted, cause now everything has the same colour. That makes it harder to distinguish.

daniocean777
05-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Is this the goddess Morrigan - because it looks like Freya the warrior goddess of wisdom and Magick as Freya has a spear and Morrigan does not -

So which character is this ?

TNovak
05-24-2011, 11:12 AM
who is valkyrie ?

Valkyrie isn't one person or being, at least not in old norse mythology. The name is an English translation of the norse term that means "chooser of the slain". There are a bunch of Valkyries that choose who will die in battle and take half of them to Valhalla and leave the others for Freyja.

There is a Marvel character "Valkyrie" but I have never read it and don't know what her deal is. This obviously isn't based on the Marvel character.

daniocean777
05-24-2011, 11:17 AM
Valkyrie isn't one person, at least not in old norse mythology. The name is an English translation of the norse term that means "chooser of the slain". There are a bunch of Valkyries that choose who will die in battle and take half of them to Valhalla and leave the others for Freyja.

There is a Marvel character "Valkyrie" but I have never read it and don't know what her deal is. This obviously isn't based on the Marvel character.

I know what Valkyrie means - i know there are female warrior's who chose to die in battle - and are than taking over to the goddess Freyja

but my question is how is the character because it looks exactly like Freyja-

but it could be the Norse goddess Morrigan - but than there should be no spear

TNovak
05-24-2011, 11:29 AM
I know what Valkyrie means - i know there are female warrior's who chose to die in battle - and are than taking over to the goddess Freyja

but my question is how is the character because it looks exactly like Freyja-

but it could be the Norse goddess Morrigan - but than there should be no spear

Oh sorry then I guess I misunderstood your question. I don't speak for ARH but since Freyja isn't a Valkyrie and Morrigan isn't Norse (I don't think? Celtic or Germanic maybe?) I don't think they were trying to make either and call her a Valkyrie but rather were just trying to make a really cool looking Valkyrie from their own interpretations of what they think one would look like.

Averone
05-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Oh sorry then I guess I misunderstood your question. I don't speak for ARH but since Freyja isn't a Valkyrie and Morrigan isn't Norse (I don't think? Celtic or Germanic maybe?) I don't think they were trying to make either and call her a Valkyrie but rather were just trying to make a really cool looking Valkyrie from their own interpretations of what they think one would look like.

Exactly!! :thumbs2:

daniocean777
05-24-2011, 12:38 PM

Scandinavian consisted of part of Germanic people
germanic tribes originated from scandinavian peninsula Sweden, norway and denmark -check it if you dont believe me - The Valkyrie is a old strata belief a corpse goddess represented by a carrion-eating raven - they changed the name when they translated it to Old Norse- "hence chooser of the slain" Valkyrie is related to the Celtic Warrior goddess Morrigan - which takes the form of a corpse raven -
Freya is the warrior goddess and the picture looks just like when they represent Freya in her warrior form thats all im saying :)

daniocean777
05-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Exactly!! :thumbs2:

Tiger upper cut

TNovak
05-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Scandinavian consisted of part of Germanic people
germanic tribes originated from scandinavian peninsula Sweden, norway and denmark -check it if you dont believe me - The Valkyrie is a old strata belief a corpse goddess represented by a carrion-eating raven - they changed the name when they translated it to Old Norse- "hence chooser of the slain" Valkyrie is related to the Celtic Warrior goddess Morrigan - which takes the form of a corpse raven -
Freya is the warrior goddess and the picture looks just like when they represent Freya in her warrior form thats all im saying :)

Scandanavia and what regions it pertains to isn't in question. The question is what the statue is based on, it is Norse mythology as opposed to the others I mentioned. They can combine over time and even "borrow" on each others mythology. Norse mythology and Celtic and Germanic mythology can and do stand on their own, however, even though some of the players are similar. The raven representation for example, is Celtic origin. Norse mythology is what ARH is going for, as I understand the concept anyway.

And I think if they wanted to make a Freya statue they would and would call her Freya, and wouldn't make a Freya statue and then call it Valkyrie.

daniocean777
05-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Scandanavia and what regions it pertains to isn't in question. The question is what the statue is based on, it is Norse mythology as opposed to the others I mentioned. They can combine over time and even "borrow" on each others mythology. Norse mythology and Celtic and Germanic mythology can and do stand on their own, however, even though some of the players are similar. The raven representation for example, is Celtic origin. Norse mythology is what ARH is going for, as I understand the concept anyway.

And I think if they wanted to make a Freya statue they would and would call her Freya, and wouldn't make a Freya statue and then call it Valkyrie.

but in Norse Mythology a valkyrie is not only a female who decides to die in battle -
its also can translate to a Hero of mortals
and a (immortal ) lover of mortals - means she is immortal means that she is a goddess- a valkyrie can me a daughter of Royal

sometime connected to ravens
or swans

its like saying a solider
a solider could be a sniper - or Recon - or assault

so im not saying its Freya

its just looks like the war type pic of freya

so i was wondering if it is her or another character in Norse Mythology

BarryV.
05-24-2011, 01:41 PM
A beautiful statue!

If you ever consider a second Valkyrie statue, I would like to see a Valkyrie on a flying horse!

Arahom Radjah
05-24-2011, 02:32 PM
A beautiful statue!

If you ever consider a second Valkyrie statue, I would like to see a Valkyrie on a flying horse!

Now that would be expensive!!! LOL

Anachron
05-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Between this piece, Angel of Death and the upcoming covenant line, i foresee much poorness in my future :p

Arahom Radjah
05-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Valkyrie is a generic name like "soldier" It does not represents a specific person.

Our Valkyrie is basicly what you guys described, but it is not Freyja, or anyone else specific.

Arahom Radjah
05-24-2011, 02:46 PM
Between this piece, Angel of Death and the upcoming covenant line, i foresee much poorness in my future :p

"Poorness" maybe, but a lot of JOY for sure!!!:thumbs2:

BOSCO
05-24-2011, 03:05 PM
WOW!! She looks amazing :buttrock: another home run :thumbs2:

lord odin
05-24-2011, 03:05 PM
This looks like it will be another awesome piece.

lukvader
05-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Thats really a beauty !
Hope the breasts will be changed from silicone torpedos to a more natural fall.
At least the bra looks kinda strange.
But anyway a really great job !!

Germanicus
05-24-2011, 05:04 PM
I like the dragon prow - it reminds us she is Norse and ready to kick a*!.

Bullseye
05-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Absolutely incredible stuff.

Arahom Radjah
05-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Thats really a beauty !
Hope the breasts will be changed from silicone torpedos to a more natural fall.
At least the bra looks kinda strange.
But anyway a really great job !!

Yeah, the torpedos are being worked on! This is early WIP.

lukvader
05-24-2011, 05:58 PM
Yeah, the torpedos are being worked on! This is early WIP.

Sounds good on a good.. , no.. great statue ! :thumbs2:

Averone
05-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Torpedos!!

LOL!

You guys are funny!

TNovak
05-24-2011, 06:04 PM
I like the dragon prow - it reminds us she is Norse and ready to kick a*!.

Me too! :goodpost:

Prevail69
05-24-2011, 06:26 PM
A beautiful statue!

I second that.

TNovak
05-24-2011, 07:49 PM
I don't normally like faux bronze at all but I think this might look pretty good in that format. :thinking:

tombow
05-25-2011, 03:03 AM
wow.. simply gorgeuss!!

daniocean777
05-25-2011, 06:29 AM
Valkyrie is a generic name like "soldier" It does not represents a specific person.

Our Valkyrie is basicly what you guys described, but it is not Freyja, or anyone else specific.

thanks

dechirico7
05-25-2011, 08:44 AM
I'll probably get booed for this, but I think her chest could be more....realistic or smaller. Sure the large chest looked great on Cleo, but I think on a character like this it would feel more classic, if she didn't have a chest that in real life would break a woman's back or make her bed-ridden for the rest of her life. Don't get me wrong, I think she looks fantastic, but I think a smaller chest would just make her look more like a warrior. JMO

Bullseye
05-25-2011, 08:47 AM
I think the armour is exaggerating the size of her breasts. A kinda wonder bra armour :D

Empty Sea
05-25-2011, 08:59 AM
ugh why do you have to come out with works of art that devour my paychecks!!!

Arahom Radjah
05-25-2011, 11:54 AM
I think the armour is exaggerating the size of her breasts. A kinda wonder bra armour :D

I'll probably get booed for this, but I think her chest could be more....realistic or smaller. Sure the large chest looked great on Cleo, but I think on a character like this it would feel more classic, if she didn't have a chest that in real life would break a woman's back or make her bed-ridden for the rest of her life. Don't get me wrong, I think she looks fantastic, but I think a smaller chest would just make her look more like a warrior. JMO

I totally agree, but I never said this is the final look of her breasts!

Digital sculpture is a different process than sculpting with clay. The breats will look natural and on the correct size on the next updates!

Averone
05-25-2011, 01:08 PM
ugh why do you have to come out with works of art that devour my paychecks!!!

Lol!!
And this is only the start!
We dont even have a license yet! :p

VS1976
05-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Lol!!
And this is only the start!
We dont even have a license yet! :p

Well get to it! I'm still waiting if you can get the license I want? :battherapy: :battherapy: :battherapy:

Averone
05-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Well get to it! I'm still waiting if you can get the license I want? :battherapy: :battherapy: :battherapy:

Its a slow process, and its a lot of work! :sos:

lukvader
05-25-2011, 06:22 PM

damn you!:deadh: :sos:

MORE XX is better ;)

Averone
05-25-2011, 06:29 PM

Booo....

Zorglub
05-25-2011, 06:34 PM
This is my favorite of your female statues so far. Much much better than Pocahontas. Bravo !!!

Barbarian
05-25-2011, 07:10 PM
If those boobies are downsized, I'm out!!! :mad: :laugh:

Arahom Radjah
05-25-2011, 08:05 PM
This is my favorite of your female statues so far. Much much better than Pocahontas. Bravo !!!

You don't have to put down Pocahontas!!!

I believe that what I'm trying to pass with ARH Studios is exactly the fact that every woman and character is different from each other, but beautiful in its own way.

If you put side-by-side a beautiful Indian woman and a beautiful female Viking warrior, they would look A LOT different from each other, but each one beautiful in its own individuality.

Our Pocahontas is as BEAUTIFUL as any Indian woman can be, but we can't compare the two characters this way because it is a matter of personal taste!

Arahom Radjah
05-25-2011, 08:07 PM
If those boobies are downsized, I'm out!!! :mad: :laugh:

Let's say they are being "adjusted!!!" LOL

Barbarian
05-25-2011, 08:16 PM

I believe that what I'm trying to pass with ARH Studios is exactly the fact that every woman and character is different from each other, but beautiful in its own way.

If you put side-by-side a beautiful Indian woman and a beautiful female Viking warrior, they would look A LOT different from each other, but each one beautiful in its own individuality.

Our Pocahontas is as BEAUTIFUL as any Indian woman can be, but we can't compare the two characters this way because it is a matter of personal taste!
Indian? I thought she was Native American? :confused: :D
Let's say they are being "adjusted!!!" LOL
Oh. You going bigger then? NOICE! :buttrock: :D

Yeah, I'm pretty annoying, I know.

Empty Sea
05-25-2011, 08:22 PM

Pocohotas is the most authentic Native american statue I've seen in a long time. I am definatly getting her when my wallet recovers from Athena and car repairs

Averone
05-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Pocohotas is the most authentic Native american statue I've seen in a long time. I am definatly getting her when my wallet recovers from Athena and car repairs

Yes you are right!

Alas! Its not for everyone! But she is a beauty!!

Empty Sea, you get everything ARH!
We love you, you need to get the red carpet treatment!

Arahom Radjah
05-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Indian? I thought she was Native American? :confused: :D

Oh. You going bigger then? NOICE! :buttrock: :D

Yeah, I'm pretty annoying, I know.

Haha! Aren't all "native Americans," Indians by heart??!! :laugh: :laugh:

Barbarian
05-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Haha! Aren't all "native Americans," Indians by heart??!! :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: Good question. Who knows what the heck all of us are with political correctness and its enormous lack of logic running amuck? I guess I'm supposedly mostly a European American? Mostly Viking with a bucket full of German and a dash of Native American... whatever the hell that makes me? I'm a Confused American. :confused:

Arahom Radjah
05-25-2011, 08:55 PM
:laugh: Good question. Who knows what the heck all of us are with political correctness and its enormous lack of logic running amuck? I guess I'm supposedly mostly a European American? Mostly Viking with a bucket full of German and a dash of Native American... whatever the hell that makes me? I'm a Confused American. :confused:

I don't know about you, but I am Brazilian and AMERICAN BY HEART!

Now also officially American citizen as soon as my citizenship is granted in a couple of months! :buttrock:

Barbarian
05-25-2011, 09:01 PM
I don't know about you, but I am Brazilian and AMERICAN BY HEART!

Now also officially American citizen as soon as my citizenship is granted in a couple of months! :buttrock:
NOICE!!! Congrats and welcome to the club! :buttrock:

VS1976
05-25-2011, 10:45 PM
damn you!:deadh: :sos:

MORE XX is better ;)

I gotta agree with Dech. I wouldn't mind see a subtle natural looking breast on Valkyrie. Less is more right Luk :D

lukvader
05-26-2011, 04:10 PM
I gotta agree with Dech. I wouldn't mind see a subtle natural looking breast on Valkyrie. Less is more right Luk :D

Hey... you wanna quit friendship? ;)
But ok , we can find a compromise:
more natural AND bigger :rolleyes:
(didnt i mention that above somewhere?^^)
Anyway this will turn out a very fine one !

samueljd
05-26-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm fine with a smaller looking chest. Too many statues out there these days with the huge, Anime looking, Pam Anderson chest. Just my 2 cents.

Arahom Radjah
06-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Updates

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/Valkyrie14.jpg

meatgoat
06-01-2011, 12:46 PM
She looks incredible.

Kdawg59
06-01-2011, 01:34 PM
She is not real!!!!

:laugh: Too funny Arahom...

Averone
06-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Damn!!!!
She is hot!!

Where are you ARH? Arrived yet?

Juggernaut
06-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Nice sculpt.

I like that she has female curves

Does Alex Pereira do the CG rendition only or also the physical sculpt?

BarryV.
06-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Very nice!

Halcyon
06-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Updates

I really like the whole design, :itsb: beautiful.
Ship as base is different and unique..

I know its just a work in progress, but like to make a small suggestion;
The back of the dragons neck is 'naked' (most viking ship ornaments didn't have abundant decoration, so this should be enough, but..)
I think adding some small spikes or pieces of neck hair would add something/improve it even further.

A R E S
06-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Normally your updates were a big improvement, but i'm not a fan of this update. Her "bra" and boobs are in the same unnatural position, but it is less iconic. The Bra as it was before, was a familiar design from many pictures. I liked the first design a lot better, but that's my personal view.

I too liked the protection covering her complete lower leg a lot better, than the new design, that's only protecting her knees.

In my eyes, she has lost a lot of the uniqueness she had before. And a don't think it's a good idea making her a female thor, with the design on her bra. It looks alot like the design elements on thor.
The first design had unique elements.

One thing that i would change apart from the other point's is, that i would give her a more trained stomach. Not Bodybuilding style, but slightly more definition.

lukvader
06-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Some good improvements on her !
Still im not sure about the "hard" bra but anyway its going better.

Giving her a more trained stomach is a good idea.
The legs.. hm not really an improvement in my eyes too.
But rest seems fine, especially the face.

jollyskeleton
06-02-2011, 12:39 AM
I dont know... like the others said, the chestplate region looks stranger now.. Kinda liked the old design in that sense

VS1976
06-02-2011, 12:55 AM
I dont know... like the others said, the chestplate region looks stranger now.. Kinda liked the old design in that sense

I'm not a big fan of the rings design on her chestplate. Makes it look like nipple rings....It's way too many Circle rings going on. You have her shield & the shields on the boat too.?It makes it a little distracting. There is just way too much going on here.

dechirico7
06-02-2011, 08:01 AM
I am not a fan of the bra and knee armor at all.
Personally, i would get rid of all areas that look like armor from the Crusades. It looks too heavy and out of place.
It is too early to tell with this design though.

I like the ornate armor on this bust: http://www.thehappyalchemist.com/Valkyrie-Bust.html

lukvader
06-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Personally, i would get rid of all areas that look like armor from the Crusades. It looks too heavy and out of place.

I like the ornate armor on this bust: http://www.thehappyalchemist.com/Valkyrie-Bust.html

Hm yop, and this kind of bra also shows a bit "more" ;)

A R E S
06-02-2011, 08:26 AM
I like the head jewelery on that picture. Looks really cool.
Her breasts look more natural and i like that design too, but i would prefer a bra like it was in the first pictures. That was an awesome statue, i would leave that as it was, only add details.

Arahom Radjah
06-02-2011, 02:05 PM
http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/valkirie pose 15.jpg

Averone
06-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Love the updates....

Keep them coming ARH!

:)

Fremen
06-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Beautiful. The base makes this piece fantastic.

Alex655321
06-02-2011, 09:30 PM
I really like this !

Empty Sea
06-03-2011, 03:10 PM
she's awesome. can't wait to see her in color.

lukvader
06-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Becomes better and better...

warhead
06-04-2011, 09:50 AM

It looks like a lot of ideas came from this bust, of course ARH takes it to a whole new level and should stay on course with what they have so far, loving where this is going.

Arahom Radjah
06-04-2011, 04:40 PM
It looks like a lot of ideas came from this bust, of course ARH takes it to a whole new level and should stay on course with what they have so far, loving where this is going.

I saw this picture online, but other than the wings, I don't see any similarities between the two pieces.

Alex Pereira is a fantastic female sculptor. I had no idea of his ability to interpret the female form when we started working together!

I believe it's his Spanic blood that gives him such a great understanding of female anatomy!:muahaha:

warhead
06-04-2011, 08:14 PM
I saw this picture online, but other than the wings, I don't see any similarities between the two pieces.

Alex Pereira is a fantastic female sculptor. I had no idea of his ability to interpret the female form when we started working together!

I believe it's his Spanic blood that gives him such a great understanding of female anatomy!:muahaha:

I have seen this bust before yours came out, and thought it was cool looking, the similarities that I saw were the wings braids and armour or plates on boobs and shoulders, but like I said ARH took it to another level.

Arahom Radjah
06-05-2011, 12:00 AM
I have seen this bust before yours came out, and thought it was cool looking, the similarities that I saw were the wings braids and armour or plates on boobs and shoulders, but like I said ARH took it to another level.

But those are not similarities with this particular bust, all Valkyries I saw have those same features, wings, braids, chest plates and shoulders.

I think it's a common look for a Vakyrie, except Marvel's

TNovak
06-05-2011, 12:07 AM
All these greate ARH statues and now teaming up with Sideshow, is there a sideshow release date schedule for these or an ARH schedule yet?

Just wondering so I can make sure to set aside enough money.

This year yet (in addition to what has been released already) we will see Thor, Athena, and maybe Ares? Or something else?

Alex Pereira
06-05-2011, 05:07 AM

HAHAHA!!!:iagree:
Thanks Arahom!

warhead
06-05-2011, 07:15 AM
But those are not similarities with this particular bust, all Valkyries I saw have those same features, wings, braids, chest plates and shoulders.

I think it's a common look for a Vakyrie, except Marvel's

Than I guess I dig the common look for a Valkyrie, especially this one.

Runes
06-05-2011, 11:00 PM
I have to be really honest here, the paint job on the ARH statues have been keeping me away. The sculpting and detail are great. If you guys get better painters I will be in for many of these statues.

Averone
06-05-2011, 11:38 PM
I have to be really honest here, the paint job on the ARH statues have been keeping me away. The sculpting and detail are great. If you guys get better painters I will be in for many of these statues.

:thinking:

Well, I can recommend at least 3-4 great painters here! You can always order a kit and go at it! Nothing like getting a sweet kit and having it done your way! I use a whole bunch of these guys and I tell you, its possible that you pay more, but at the end it is what you like it to be and what you imagine it to me in your mind. I cant expect you like every paint job ARH does.

Also, keep in mind that these newer statues are painted with much improved techniques than even 6 months ago.

Also, if you did not like our in house paint up in the past, then you may wait for the Sideshow versions from the same factories that Sideshow uses. Starting the end of this month and the beginning of July Sideshow will be selling our statues also.

Arahom Radjah
06-06-2011, 12:50 PM
I have seen people complaining about Bowen's paint job, I have seen people complaining about Sideshow's paint jobs, and I have seen people complaining about every other company's paint job... I believe there are people who just like to complain!

What can we do??!!

At least I have my mind at easy. If anyone REALLY wants to buy our products but don't like the paint job, as I said so many times, WE SELL KITS!!! The thing is that most of the time, people want just to complain!!

Averone
06-06-2011, 12:53 PM
I have seen people complaining about Bowen's paint job, I have seen people complaining about Sideshow's paint jobs, and I have seen people complaining about every other company's paint job... I believe there are people who just like to complain!

What can we do??!!

At least I have my mind at easy. If anyone REALLY wants to buy our products but don't like the paint job, as I said so many times, WE SELL KITS!!! The thing is that most of the time, people want just to complain!!

You know what I love ARH so much!
We give you options folks!

Buy it direct, buy it from Sideshow/Diamond, but it as a kit!

So there is no reason to complain about quality. Like I said I will share with you the best painters but please be ready to pay at least x2 as much for the same statue!

(Unless you can paint it yourself)

harley49
06-06-2011, 01:10 PM

your having a tin bath the paint jobs on the five leos i have are second to none just like the statues

TNovak
06-06-2011, 01:35 PM
your having a tin bath the paint jobs on the five leos i have are second to none just like the statues

What is a tin bath?

harley49
06-06-2011, 01:43 PM
What is a tin bath?

hi novak hope your well its a LAUGH TIN BATH

TNovak
06-06-2011, 01:50 PM
hi novak hope your well its a LAUGH TIN BATH

I'm as well as can be expected for a guy who has to pass off a trip this week to the inlaws as a proper vacation :confused2

Arahom Radjah
06-07-2011, 02:18 PM
http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/valkirie pose 16x.jpg

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/valkirie pose 16xx.jpg

VS1976
06-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Very nice detail Arahom.....but whats the chance of changing the chest card design> Not a big fan of those circle rings. Its a little too detailed.

A R E S
06-07-2011, 03:43 PM
I too think the chest design is not so good. I would like it better, if it would lose those little nipples around the cups and the design in the rings. Make only three rings without the fine detail, like the first pics. I would like that better.
As i said, i would like her to have a slightly more muscular defined stomach, but aside of that the sculpture is awesome. A Really beautiful piece.

VS1976
06-07-2011, 03:46 PM
I too think the chest design is not so good. I would like it better, if it would lose those little nipples around the cups and the design in the rings. Make only three rings without the fine detail, like the first pics. I would like that better.
As i said, i would like her to have a slightly more muscular defined stomach, but aside of that the sculpture is awesome. A Really beautiful piece.

:iagree: I wouldn't even use rings as part of the design. It really a distraction for me.

jollyskeleton
06-07-2011, 07:09 PM
love the additional detailing on her armour, but still not a big fan of the cups as the others have no doubt mentioned. I've faith that further improvements will continue to astound me :D

Jerseydevil
06-07-2011, 08:26 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here. I think the new design of the breast cups is a vast improvement over the original. This may end up being my first ARH piece.

Bullseye
06-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Absolutely stunning work by Alex.

warhead
06-08-2011, 05:11 AM
Absolutely stunning work by Alex.

I totally agree.

loricstone
06-09-2011, 12:23 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here. I think the new design of the breast cups is a vast improvement over the original. This may end up being my first ARH piece.

Indeed! The new breast cups design is now consistent with the rest of the intricate designs on the sculpture. Great job ARH!:p

Averone
06-09-2011, 12:48 PM
These breast / cup questions are always bound to come up!!

Guys may I make a suggestion to help us out?

Can you show these pics to your gf/wife and ask what they would prefer!! :)

Arahom is the director on this sculpt and he gets to decide to do any changes.

Arahom Radjah
06-09-2011, 01:22 PM
I like the breast plates as they are now. It fits the whole design better.

Bullseye
06-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Agreed. Looks absolutely fine.

lukvader
06-09-2011, 04:08 PM
In my eyes its a beauty now.
The first bra really wasnt good, but this one is good enough to say ill buy it.
At least if this one dont go the same price direction as those new sideshows (sideshow is close to my blacklist, cause it goes the direction of a "profit-only enterprise").
This could become the only reason i wont buy.
So i say fine one, and i hope it gets a good paintup.

jollyskeleton
06-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Perhaps its just the raw design that looks a little strange. I'm sure that when she's painted up, we'll overlook that!

VS1976
06-09-2011, 08:22 PM
These breast / cup questions are always bound to come up!!

Guys may I make a suggestion to help us out?

Can you show these pics to your gf/wife and ask what they would prefer!! :)

Arahom is the director on this sculpt and he gets to decide to do any changes.

I need to see it painted but IMO, the bra cup looks like the outer nipple rings of a female breast. It's extremely distracting.. There are too many circles (shields included) that make this sculpted too busy.

bruhaha69
06-09-2011, 10:15 PM
I think the breastplate looks fantastic. Overall great looking design and detail

Arahom Radjah
06-12-2011, 12:02 PM
FINAL!!!!

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/valkirie pose 20.jpg

lukvader
06-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Fine one.
Improved details on stomach , head and some fine other details / except for legs.
Lets wait for the paintup.

Arahom Radjah
06-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Fine one.
Improved details on stomach , head and some fine other details / except for legs.
Lets wait for the paintup.

What's wrong with the legs?

lukvader
06-12-2011, 01:21 PM
Ah sorry, legs are fine also. But on trousers the removed details were fine. But thats not really important for me as its one of the best statues ive seen so far.

Do a nice paintup with not too pale (skin) colours, let the price dont go beyond good (same as cleo?), and im one good customer again.

youve done really well on her!

warhead
06-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Love it, another homerun.

Jerseydevil
06-12-2011, 04:24 PM
This is beautifully executed. Thanks for posting the final pics. Can't wait to see the final paint up.

Alex655321
06-12-2011, 05:01 PM
This is beautifully executed. Thanks for posting the final pics. Can't wait to see the final paint up.

Ditto on all counts !

A R E S
06-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Beautiful piece. It's absolutely worth to be a Thor companion piece :-)

As i said, i'm not a fan of those breast cups, but it's not a big deal. The statue is really awesome and i'm so liking that base ^^

jollyskeleton
06-12-2011, 08:01 PM
ok! Send her to printing now and on the double! Everyone's waiting to see a paintup. lol :p

Arahom Radjah
06-12-2011, 09:41 PM
ok! Send her to printing now and on the double! Everyone's waiting to see a paintup. lol :p

Valkyrie and the Angel of Death are the next ones to print. We'll release this year yet.

Averone
06-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Valkyrie and the Angel of Death are the next ones to print. We'll release this year yet.

I do believe with each gradual release, each statue will be better than the next.

These two will be just amazing to see in person.
Cant wait!

Force of Nature
06-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Woohah; what a beautiful piece this is... I am really stunned and baffled.
Seeing such a beautiful warrior on the battlefield would be more than sufficient to make me die with a smile on my face :D

Great job Arahom; I really like this piece!

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Scion009
06-25-2011, 12:26 AM
In my eyes its a beauty now.
The first bra really wasnt good, but this one is good enough to say ill buy it.
At least if this one dont go the same price direction as those new sideshows (sideshow is close to my blacklist, cause it goes the direction of a "profit-only enterprise").
This could become the only reason i wont buy.
So i say fine one, and i hope it gets a good paintup.

I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this was mentioned yet. But I imagine the original bra/breast plate was too similar to the Marvel version of Valkyrie, which is what I thought, upon first seeing the pictures....
This is the first time I'd seen this....I will DEFINITELY be ordering this one...will be my first ARH statue.

Arahom Radjah
06-25-2011, 02:46 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know if this was mentioned yet. But I imagine the original bra/breast plate was too similar to the Marvel version of Valkyrie, which is what I thought, upon first seeing the pictures....
This is the first time I'd seen this....I will DEFINITELY be ordering this one...will be my first ARH statue.

No, it has nothing to do with Marvel's!!! Marvel's Valkyrie breast plates are just EQUAL to every other Vlakyrie breast plate there is! It's not unique to Marvel

On the other hand, we kept this design on ours because I liked it! It's simple as that!!

Scion009
06-25-2011, 07:46 PM
I didn't mean the design on the latest pics, but the plain concentric circles on the original pic in this thread. And I didn't mean to allude that you were taking from a Marvel design, just that you'd probably want to make it different from that Valkyrie's breast plates, to differentiate it from other Valkyrie statues that are being released. Love the changes you made to the breast plates in this latest pic, with the design in the middle ring and the other design added to the outer ring.

smartartist
08-12-2011, 07:34 AM
Ok Alex I'm an official fan now, well done!

Arahom Radjah
08-12-2011, 12:35 PM
I didn't mean the design on the latest pics, but the plain concentric circles on the original pic in this thread. And I didn't mean to allude that you were taking from a Marvel design, just that you'd probably want to make it different from that Valkyrie's breast plates, to differentiate it from other Valkyrie statues that are being released. Love the changes you made to the breast plates in this latest pic, with the design in the middle ring and the other design added to the outer ring.

I didn't think you were saying any of this! :)

I just said that nor even the first design was created by MARVEL!

Most people think Marvel has created everything they see in the comic books! Marvel copies from other sources as much as anybody else.

By the way... the first designs were a WIP, never meant to be like that!

Sorento
08-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Made it to be the ugliest, completely missed !
Well yes, I could never follow, each time is more beautiful than the previous release.
No way ! :tongue:

lukvader
08-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Many bad things around ARH lately. And this "ARH sees themselfes as the ultimate producers", and doing close to extortion-prices, im not sure i will or want to get anything from ARH in the future.
Accordingly to latest prices, this one will also be more than 300USD i estimate. I sell many statues right now, and i see how hard it is to get even the spent money back. So if its more than 300 this will be a too bad deal for my money and im out. Its a hobby and it costs some money. But its also a bit of an investment, and im not rich enough to do very bad investments in a (collecting-) row. Lets just hope they come back to the ground in pricing as its still a fine Kit.

P.S. Anyone knows why Cleopatra 1/4 scale is available for 225USD at the market , and now 5 month later same ARH-scales are so crazy far above this one ? This smells.. moneymaking..

dechirico7
08-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Many bad things around ARH lately. And this "ARH sees themselfes as the ultimate producers", and doing close to extortion-prices, im not sure i will or want to get anything from ARH in the future.
Accordingly to latest prices, this one will also be more than 300USD i estimate. I sell many statues right now, and i see how hard it is to get even the spent money back. So if its more than 300 this will be a too bad deal for my money and im out. Its a hobby and it costs some money. But its also a bit of an investment, and im not rich enough to do very bad investments in a (collecting-) row. Lets just hope they come back to the ground in pricing as its still a fine Kit.

P.S. Anyone knows why Cleopatra 1/4 scale is available for 225USD at the market , and now 5 month later same ARH-scales are so crazy far above this one ? This smells.. moneymaking..

These new pieces have very elaborate bases. That is why they cost more. I kind of wish ARH would minimize their attention on them and focus more on the figure. I'm not saying I don't appreciate the large bases, they are amazing, but minimizing the base would cut the cost and allow more people the opportunity to buy the pieces. Like the new Medusa, the actual figure of her is only 20% of the actual piece.

ARH must think they can compete with Sideshow 1/4 scale prices. I hope they actually start making them out of solid polystone though. I am not a huge fan of the hollow plastic. They need to take that into consideration with price too.

nfl6771
08-28-2011, 01:49 PM
she looks awesome!!!

Kane009
08-28-2011, 01:53 PM
These new pieces have very elaborate bases. That is why they cost more. I kind of wish ARH would minimize their attention on them and focus more on the figure. I'm not saying I don't appreciate the large bases, they are amazing, but minimizing the base would cut the cost and allow more people the opportunity to buy the pieces. Like the new Medusa, the actual figure of her is only 20% of the actual piece.

ARH must think they can compete with Sideshow 1/4 scale prices. I hope they actually start making them out of solid polystone though. I am not a huge fan of the hollow plastic. They need to take that into consideration with price too.

There is another problem with the big and heavy bases. You can't put into a show case with glass shelves. It's to heavy, takes too much floor space and therefore it also makes too much shadow (if you have only the standard lights on the top!)

lukvader
08-28-2011, 02:12 PM

Hm...
Cleo 225USD
Athena "crazy" 365USD (good luck i dont even like this one)

comarison of base... no big difference..
Not very convincing...

http://www.abload.de/img/cleopatra4_m1xfc8.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=cleopatra4_m1xfc8.jpg)

http://www.abload.de/img/athena4_m1yeoi.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=athena4_m1yeoi.jpg)

Kane009
08-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Hm...
Cleo 225USD

Not very convincing...

I paid $250 for Cleo. And I think, Athena is a more complicated, detailed sculpt. Athena is a must-have for me!

lukvader
08-28-2011, 04:11 PM
I paid $250 for Cleo. And I think, Athena is a more complicated, detailed sculpt. Athena is a must-have for me!

Everyone has his own taste. Thats quite normal and good. Its not about the Athena herself.. sure there are quite some people who like her. But even between 250 to 365 is quite a range for same scale.

I just mean i dont support this. Anyway im sure the agreement with sideshow costs quite some money... on the costs of the customer..
In my eyes this all is a sad story.

P.S. Clayburn Moore made his fine Angelus around +30USD cause its bigger (!) and more complicated than the other 1/6 scales. So on 1/4 +/- even 50USD could be in line..
First I thought Clayburn tries to raise too far. My mistake. Now i see others do.

VS1976
08-28-2011, 04:34 PM
I think that Arahom has set himself to be the first producer to do statues with more elaborate bases then most 1:4 scale statues that are in the current market. This will be a learning curve for ARH and I hope they can figure out the demand.

Like I said before Medusa seems to be worth the price based on the SDCC video I saw. She took up an entire display area compared to PCS which had 3 statues. I also like Athena and she is definitely more detail then Cleo. Maybe that price will be $350 when it launches.

dechirico7
08-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Hm...
Cleo 225USD

Not very convincing...

Here is a better comparison picture:
http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/ARHgroup.JPG
I think Athena's base is slightly more elaborate. Cleo just has a large sand base that is in geometric shapes. Athena's base has way more detail/molding. She also has the weapons, owl and way more detail on her outfit.

BLACK OPS
08-29-2011, 08:44 AM
Thor is the best out of them all for me. The sculpt so so dynamic and seems it to have more presence.

fderado
08-31-2011, 12:34 AM

hollow plastic? I don't get it, I was told they were made of polystone. What's the deal here really?
That will be a deal breaker for me if this is true...

TNovak
09-05-2011, 12:09 AM
hollow plastic? I don't get it, I was told they were made of polystone. What's the deal here really?
That will be a deal breaker for me if this is true...

They are made of Resin or polystone (I think they are the same thing or very similar) an not "plastic" as far as I know.

RE the hollow I think some of the bigger pieces (especially bases?) may be hollow from a lot of companies to save weight and cost but I can't say for sure.

I know the Medusa is heavy as hell at like 45 or 48 lbs. Much heavier than that and you can have shelf strength issues potentially.

TNovak
09-17-2011, 11:53 AM
FINAL!!!!

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/valkirie pose 20.jpg

Is there a way to post a pic of this next to a similar pic of Thor so I can see scale? Thanks.

dechirico7
09-17-2011, 01:36 PM
They are made of Resin or polystone (I think they are the same thing or very similar) an not "plastic" as far as I know.

RE the hollow I think some of the bigger pieces (especially bases?) may be hollow from a lot of companies to save weight and cost but I can't say for sure.

I know the Medusa is heavy as hell at like 45 or 48 lbs. Much heavier than that and you can have shelf strength issues potentially.

Resin and polystone are plastic composits.
Cleopatra is one of the smaller 1/4 scale statues and she is hollow.
Well, atleast her legs are. The material that Cleo is made out of is far softer, imo, than the polystone that sideshow uses.
It definitely has more of a plastic feel over the more heavy, hard feel of Sideshow's polystone. From what I can tell, when examining
my Cleopatra, she feels more hollow than her base does.

TNovak
09-17-2011, 02:10 PM
Resin and polystone are plastic composits.
Cleopatra is one of the smaller 1/4 scale statues and she is hollow.
Well, atleast her legs are. The material that Cleo is made out of is far softer, imo, than the polystone that sideshow uses.
It definitely has more of a plastic feel over the more heavy, hard feel of Sideshow's polystone. From what I can tell, when examining
my Cleopatra, she feels more hollow than her base does.

This may be true. I know that a lot of statues, especially really large ones have at least some hollow in them. What I was trying to distinguish is between polystone or resin vs "plastic" like the old aurora kits that were literally maybe an 1/8" thick plastic pieces that you glue together. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

testsubject25
09-17-2011, 05:40 PM
For some reason, I can't quote, but anyhow...

That Thor and Athena look SWEET as hell! The rest, whatever, but IMHO from Thor/Athena on with the final Valkyrie shown, that's a great looking line! Take all the Arahom's sensitive and Aver's a tool crap out of the equation, they are still good looking pieces! So gratz!

Nitefall
09-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Beautiful.

TNovak
09-17-2011, 11:59 PM
Beautiful.

I think this is my favorite ARH statue so far, even more than Thor and any of the Leos

Nitefall
09-18-2011, 01:16 AM
I think this is my favorite ARH statue so far, even more than Thor and any of the Leos

I'm feeling the same T. Looking forward to the paint.

Samurai Skot
10-10-2011, 06:11 PM
I am new so forgive me if this is something that is common knowledge, but I was wondering how I can pre-order or reserve one of these awesome pieces? Any idea what colors are going to be used? I opened this image in Gimp (photoshop for the poor) and played around with adding color to the image but being a perfectionist I'm not anywhere near putting a dent into it! My thoughts for colors were this:
- Hair golden blond.
- Bluish silver plating.
- Left shield on the ship is blue, red and green striped.
- Right shield on the ship is purple and yellow.
- Ship is deep reddish browns with parts of the dragon stained white and greenish gray.
- Gold ornamentation on the armour.
- Cape is the same maroon as Thor's.
- Her shield is a blood orange stain with black, silver and gold like Thor's belt.

Just some suggestions, I'm sure the finished project will be far better than I can imagine! Can't wait to buy mine.

Nitefall
10-11-2011, 01:43 AM
I am new so forgive me if this is something that is common knowledge, but I was wondering how I can pre-order or reserve one of these awesome pieces? Any idea what colors are going to be used? I opened this image in Gimp (photoshop for the poor) and played around with adding color to the image but being a perfectionist I'm not anywhere near putting a dent into it! My thoughts for colors were this:
- Hair golden blond.
- Bluish silver plating.
- Left shield on the ship is blue, red and green striped.
- Right shield on the ship is purple and yellow.
- Ship is deep reddish browns with parts of the dragon stained white and greenish gray.
- Gold ornamentation on the armour.
- Cape is the same maroon as Thor's.
- Her shield is a blood orange stain with black, silver and gold like Thor's belt.

Just some suggestions, I'm sure the finished project will be far better than I can imagine! Can't wait to buy mine.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2i7bdj5.jpg to the Forum Samurai Skot http://i54.tinypic.com/14viah4.jpghttp://i51.tinypic.com/2ldk0gg.jpghttp://i54.tinypic.com/14lttna.jpg

Haven't heard anything about the colours on her yet but personally like your ideas on matching it in some ways to Thor and the hair colour too. I'm sure one of the forum members will post the painted version here when they see her.

As for ordering, when she does come available, just click on any of the Sideshow Collectibles .com banners in the Forum and type ARH in the go box on the Sideshow page that comes up. Then you will see all the statues from that company which are for sale. :thumbs2:

Samurai Skot
10-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the spectacular welcome Nitefall! I'll keep checking back for updates and keep working on my own painted version. I was so inspired by this forum that I went out and bought fifty bucks worth of Sculpty so I could work on my own creations.

Nitefall
10-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the spectacular welcome Nitefall! I'll keep checking back for updates and keep working on my own painted version. I was so inspired by this forum that I went out and bought fifty bucks worth of Sculpty so I could work on my own creations.

Fantastic Samurai!:buttrock: Hope we get to see some of your work down the road. Sculpting is a great and rewarding pursuit.:thumbs2:

equi-nox76
10-25-2011, 07:37 AM
http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/ARHgroup.JPGNice setup!! I might buy the Valkyrie as my first ARH statue.

Finalape
11-23-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm looking forward to more news on this Valkyrie statue or the variant! Hopefully something painted soon? :)

johnclone
11-23-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm thinking about venturing into "there" and seeing if there are any updates on Valkyrie

Barbarian
11-23-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm thinking about venturing into "there" and seeing if there are any updates on Valkyrie
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Let us know what you find out, brother, if you have the balls to return after such a disgraceful act. :wink2:

johnclone
11-23-2011, 11:19 PM
:hilarious:

Nitefall
11-24-2011, 12:49 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: Let us know what you find out, brother, if you have the balls to return after such a disgraceful act. :wink2:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Nitefall
11-24-2011, 01:05 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: A much braver man than I am you are.:buttrock: I remember promising that I will venture into the horrid land next so had a bottle of booze, held my breath and grabbed these. don't know if they have been posted before. Also read "making molds" is last word on October 17th. Gotta run and take a shower and :puke2: Must be that booze...

http://i39.tinypic.com/261eq6x.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/t7de2t.jpg

dechirico7
11-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Valkerie has some fat thighs, dang.
I wonder what happened. Looks the bottom half of her was made too big.

Nitefall
11-24-2011, 05:54 PM

They are massive. Hopefully it's muscle tho.:laugh: Seems more noticeable from the front to me. Too many sets of heavy, low rep leg extensions?:D

johnclone
11-26-2011, 08:00 AM

trudging through the land of ice and snow will do that :)

Finalape
11-26-2011, 03:05 PM
trudging through the land of ice and snow will do that :)

Yes, and there are definitely fans of this look! :thumbs2:

TNovak
11-27-2011, 12:31 AM

I agree. It is a huge disappointment. I thought Thors were a little big too but ok, these look like the female gym teacher build........I hope that isn't how she turns out. She was my favorite so far based on the early photos.

federico
11-27-2011, 01:31 AM
I don't see it that way, it's more accurate the ranger type warrior with strong thighs, comparing to archer. Supermodel shaped warrior has little chance to survive in the battlefield.

lukvader
11-27-2011, 08:11 AM
I agree. It is a huge disappointment. I thought Thors were a little big too but ok, these look like the female gym teacher build........I hope that isn't how she turns out. She was my favorite so far based on the early photos.

My words... totally agree.

TNovak
11-28-2011, 12:22 AM
I don't see it that way, it's more accurate the ranger type warrior with strong thighs, comparing to archer. Supermodel shaped warrior has little chance to survive in the battlefield.

Maybe so but for the purposes of a collectible statue I personally would prefer an unrealistic supermodel look than Helga Strongbottom and it isn't even close :drinking:

If this is the final version I might even have to pass.

Nitefall
11-28-2011, 02:21 AM
Maybe so but for the purposes of a collectible statue I personally would prefer an unrealistic supermodel look than Helga Strongbottom and it isn't even close :drinking:

If this is the final version I might even have to pass.

:laugh: :laugh: Suits her very well.

I did like the prow and thought it added specialness. Wondering if Ms. Strongbottom kicked it away or something or is it just not being shown yet? Maybe the added cost/work was prohibitive/too much trouble.:confused:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2cwr8jq.jpg

jollyskeleton
11-28-2011, 02:51 AM
:laugh: :laugh: Suits her very well.

I did like the prow and thought it added specialness. Wondering if Ms. Strongbottom kicked it away or something or is it just not being shown yet? Maybe the added cost/work was prohibitive/too much trouble.:confused:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2cwr8jq.jpg

I'm not sure if I'm addressing the right part to your question, but if you mean the prow of the boat being missing in the topless variant seen, thats because it was already decided that it took away from the topless-ness and so the prow isnt included for that variant.. The prow base is for the clothed version

Nitefall
11-28-2011, 03:00 AM
I'm not sure if I'm addressing the right part to your question, but if you mean the prow of the boat being missing in the topless variant seen, thats because it was already decided that it took away from the topless-ness and so the prow isnt included for that variant.. The prow base is for the clothed version

Thank you Jolly.:thumbs2: Good to know the prow is still included. That's the one I would go for.

johnclone
11-28-2011, 03:13 AM
OK, here's the latest official announcement regarding this statue, *the topless variant - Arahom stated on October 14th that they are "Making molds"

I have not seen any new pics since the one pic of the master print was shown

Halcyon
11-28-2011, 05:32 AM

Are you more slender than that... :inquisiti

Halcyon
11-28-2011, 05:37 AM
OK, here's the latest official announcement regarding this statue, *the topless variant - Arahom stated on October 14th that they are "Making molds"

I have not seen any new pics since the one pic of the master print was shown

On 17 november averone said..
"Valkyrie boat now has a new head"
I don't exactly know if he means 'she' or the 'prow'

Btw: I would be very content with a GF looking like that ;)

Jerseydevil
11-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Nice to hear about an update on this piece. And as gorgeous as she looks, I have to echo the sentiment on bottom half being a little too thick for the top half of the statue. I hope Arahom is able to address this before she's finalized because I'm otherwise really digging this statue.

dechirico7
11-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Are you more slender than that... :inquisiti

No, I am very curvy.
It isn't a matter of me disliking a thicker body style on a statue.
It is the fact that her top half and bottom half don't match. Even comparing the cast piece to the digital images,
her thighs weren't that large. So, it almost looks like her bottom half was cast at a larger percent than her top half.
I also get the idea that she could have very muscular legs, but if she did, they wouldn't look like that.

dechirico7
11-28-2011, 12:41 PM
It just looks wrong. Like in the past few months she has been sitting on the couch eating potato chips.
She is having a hard time lifting her left foot up onto the stand.

blueyell
11-28-2011, 01:28 PM
I agree and I emailed Arahom about making the legs more slender. I don't have anything against the thick legs, just doesn't look good in portion to the upper body. Reminds me of the portion weirdness of the sideshow Dutch PF.

UPDATE Arahom's response:

"Thanks for your input, but it might be the angle of the picture. The legs are perfect size and shape. I’ll have painted pictures soon."

No, I am very curvy.
It is the fact that her top half and bottom half don't match. Even comparing the cast piece to the digital images,
her thighs weren't that large. So, it almost looks like her bottom half was cast at a larger percent than her top half.
I also get the idea that she could have very muscular legs, but if she did, they wouldn't look like that.

johnclone
11-28-2011, 03:15 PM
It just looks wrong. Like in the past few months she has been sitting on the couch eating potato chips.
She is having a hard time lifting her left foot up onto the stand.

I studied this picture for a while, it is possibly the cape thing around her rear thigh area that is making her look out of proportion.

johnclone
11-28-2011, 03:19 PM
On 17 november averone said..
"Valkyrie boat now has a new head"
I don't exactly know if he means 'she' or the 'prow'

Btw: I would be very content with a GF looking like that ;)

so the only version without the boat is the topless one.

TNovak
11-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Is the larger legs a product of digital sculpting? I only ask because it appears to happen (although not to this degree) on other digital sculpts. does the 3D process change perspective or something?

Halcyon
11-28-2011, 05:12 PM
No, I am very curvy.
It is the fact that her top half and bottom half don't match.

I understood your point(s), just teasing a bit ;)

And you are right, the finished product looks a bit heavy in the legs..
But keep in mind, she isn't naked, she is wearing (thick hide) leather pants. And she isn't a catwalk model in the first place..

Halcyon
11-28-2011, 05:22 PM
so the only version without the boat is the topless one.

That is what I understood.
They think the boat/prow doesn't go well with her breasts.. And it prob is.

dechirico7
11-28-2011, 10:43 PM
I understood your point(s), just teasing a bit ;)

And you are right, the finished product looks a bit heavy in the legs..
But keep in mind, she isn't naked, she is wearing (thick hide) leather pants. And she isn't a catwalk model in the first place..

:wink2:

Halcyon
11-29-2011, 03:50 AM
:wink2:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110615233725/amazingbrutality/images/2/2c/Goku_powerup_gif_Avatar_by_Torkmaster.gif

TNovak
12-02-2011, 05:31 PM
So are the Earl Campbell thighs the final version?

chrisg
12-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Is the larger legs a product of digital sculpting? I only ask because it appears to happen (although not to this degree) on other digital sculpts. does the 3D process change perspective or something?

I'm definatly not a pro at this, however I have noticed that it is difficult to eye accurate proportions in a digital program. Especially if you are bouncing back and forth from Zbrush to Maya/3dsMax. The programs seem to have slightly different camera views that, in one program look correct, and then in the other seem off. Not saying that is the case with this piece, but in my own experience I've had this struggle.

smartartist
12-12-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm definatly not a pro at this, however I have noticed that it is difficult to eye accurate proportions in a digital program. Especially if you are bouncing back and forth from Zbrush to Maya/3dsMax. The programs seem to have slightly different camera views that, in one program look correct, and then in the other seem off. Not saying that is the case with this piece, but in my own experience I've had this struggle.

She looks awesome! I love how people get caught up on this stuff ;) It could be the digital thing, very informative but to me it's clear it's just the photo.
She is leaning slightly back due to not being perched on the rock yet and the camera angle is low causing a slight disproportion around the the knee, being the closest object.
They have said its all good so my only question is, when can I buy one

Finalape
12-12-2011, 09:56 PM
She looks awesome! I love how people get caught up on this stuff ;) It could be the digital thing, very informative but to me it's clear it's just the photo.
She is leaning slightly back due to not being perched on the rock yet and the camera angle is low causing a slight disproportion around the the knee, being the closest object.
They have said its all good so my only question is, when can I buy one

+1
My thoughts exactly! And when can we buy? :)

TNovak
12-21-2011, 12:35 AM
I heard she was being painted, but I don't know when we get to see the finished product. God I hope you guys are right and it is just the camera angle :drinking:

blueyell
12-21-2011, 01:56 PM
I would buy this statue either way with the legs thick or not.

Darth Snoopy
12-31-2011, 08:06 PM
I'm dying to see a fully painted Valkyrie! :D

TNovak
01-13-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm dying to see a fully painted Valkyrie! :D

Me too!

I was thinking at least the master would be painted by now. Hope it is soon. I'm looking forward to seeing it in 360 to see how the legs turn out.

johnclone
01-13-2012, 01:50 PM
Also looking forward to this one

lukvader
04-11-2012, 02:04 PM
Any news here?

jedi_don
04-11-2012, 11:36 PM
:tumblew:

Who knows

TNovak
04-11-2012, 11:53 PM
I heard it is done and will be at the sideshow booth this year as well as Arahom's barbarian and angel of death and another "surprise" (last years surprise was Medusa).

I hope the surprise is Alexander on a horse but I think it will be Zeus or Posiedon.

Halcyon
04-12-2012, 07:23 AM
...I hope the surprise is Alexander on a horse but I think it will be Zeus or Posiedon.

I guess it is a Dragon, i've seen a prototype of an arh dragon somewhere on deviantart. Can't find it now, bcs i'm not behind my pc with fav list..