PDA

View Full Version : Ha I tracked it down Giant Size Spider-Woman #1 Cover is mine.

marvelboi77
06-27-2005, 11:56 PM
Woohoo, I tracked this mama down all the way over to Italy. I did a Google search on Andrea Divito and found a chat room for him. I contacted him and a week later of waiting, score. What a great looking cover, I know some of you don't care that much for it, but I think it's awsome. :p So it's now home with all of it's sisters, where she belongs.

furie
06-27-2005, 11:57 PM
U got a PM.

Perna
06-27-2005, 11:59 PM
I think it's a great cover. I don't mind the Namoresque wings either.

bat_collector
06-27-2005, 11:59 PM
It must be nice to have this kind of money.

furie
06-28-2005, 12:00 AM
bat - look at my spiderwoman thread - I posted another book I purchased.

MerriemsDaughter
06-28-2005, 01:21 AM
Woohoo, I tracked this mama down all the way over to Italy. I did a Google search on Andrea Divito and found a chat room for him. I contacted him and a week later of waiting, score. What a great looking cover, I know some of you don't care that much for it, but I think it's awsome. :p So it's now home with all of it's sisters, where she belongs.

I LOVE IT...(personally I would've had the head be a little larger...IMO, it looks too small, in relation to the rest of her body) but DiVito is an amazing artist nonetheless.
Congrats, dude!!!

marvelboi77
06-28-2005, 08:35 AM
I LOVE IT...(personally I would've had the head be a little larger...IMO, it looks too small, in relation to the rest of her body)
Congrats, dude!!!
Yes well I'm sure we have all heard that before....heehee :eplus2:

JDH
06-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Nice score Marvelboi, if only you liked Peanuts...:)

Is anyone else annoyed by the lack of attention Marvel artists are paying to Jess' costume? First there are the bizarre Namor-style underarm wings on this one, contrasting with the very tattered webs Finch prefers, neither of which look as good (in my opinion) as her classic stylised webs. Then Tan (in MK Spidey) draws her with a Mockingbird-style mask in which there is no yellow triangle, only exposed forehead. Deodato (or maybe his colorist) has also gone with this style in some panels in Amazing, while drawing the correct head triangle in other panels in the same book. How hard is it to get the best costume in comics right - all they need to do is check out half of the Wizard covers in the last six months...:)

MerriemsDaughter
06-28-2005, 09:21 AM
Nice score Marvelboi, if only you liked Peanuts...:)

Is anyone else annoyed by the lack of attention Marvel artists are paying to Jess' costume? First there are the bizarre Namor-style underarm wings on this one, contrasting with the very tattered webs Finch prefers, neither of which look as good (in my opinion) as her classic stylised webs. Then Tan (in MK Spidey) draws her with a Mockingbird-style mask in which there is no yellow triangle, only exposed forehead. Deodato (or maybe his colorist) has also gone with this style in some panels in Amazing, while drawing the correct head triangle in other panels in the same book. How hard is it to get the best costume in comics right - all they need to do is check out half of the Wizard covers in the last six months...:)
I agree.
I think the same thing happens to Wonder Woman...her stylized double W is almost always done wrong.

Anyway, I hate the way Jessica was drawn in MK Spider-man...and I would also like to pont out that she has never had any yellow pattern in the BACK of her costume or any yellow on her shoulders.

JDH
06-28-2005, 09:28 AM
I agree.
I think the same thing happens to Wonder Woman...her stylized double W is almost always done wrong.

Anyway, I hate the way Jessica was drawn in MK Spider-man...and I would also like to pont out that she has never had any yellow pattern in the BACK of her costume or any yellow on her shoulders.

I only read the first issue - that was enough to put me off coming back for more! Minor costume details are one thing - I hate the way many people draw Spidey and Spidey-Woman's eyes, but accept that's open to interpretation, possibly like Wonder Woman's Ws. But drawing the wrong wings and omitting to put her mask right up to her hair (as well as the goofs you list) are pretty fundamental clangers. Fingers crossed once she's fully bedded in as the First Lady of Marvel Comics these errors will be weeded out.

cblakey1
06-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Hope you didn't have to sell body parts to afford it! :sly2:

Leon
06-28-2005, 09:53 AM
Don't really care for the character, but that's one awesome piece of art!
Congratulations!

marvelboi77
06-28-2005, 05:08 PM
I agree.

I would also like to pont out that she has never had any yellow pattern in the BACK of her costume or any yellow on her shoulders.
Ha your wrong about that, check out this page from Marvel Two In One that I own. I'm asuming the artist really screwed this up, the front of her costume is on her back twice, that means she did have yellow on her back...heehehee.
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=55904&GSub=4429&GCat=0&UCat=0

MerriemsDaughter
06-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Ha your wrong about that, check out this page from Marvel Two In One that I own. I'm asuming the artist really screwed this up, the front of her costume is on her back twice, that means she did have yellow on her back...heehehee.
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=55904&GSub=4429&GCat=0&UCat=0

I totally forgot that one.
But how many times was she ever drawn with that yellow on her back?
I frankly think that in 50 issues of her solo book, she never had her costume drawn like that...