PDA

View Full Version : TRUE BLOOD SEASON 4 THREAD

marvelboi77
06-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Well I cleaned up at the premier tonight. I got every single cast members autograph of season 4 except Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse). Enjoy... The picture of Eric is a massive 12x18. The Sookie and Bill photo is 11x14, very nice.

marvelboi77
06-22-2011, 04:32 PM
I heard so really interesting spoilers for this season at the premier. I think this season maybe pretty good. I was disappointed with season 3.

mwf6171
06-22-2011, 04:43 PM
I tried REALLY hard to get into this show, but I just couldn't get do it. This will be harsh to some of you, but I felt it was too Twilight-like... JMO.

Vallos
06-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Aside from the vampiric romance that is prevalent within the two, they are dramatically different in just about every facet.

mwf6171
06-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Aside from the vampiric romance that is prevalent within the two, they are dramatically different in just about every facet.

LOL, knew that would stir things up. I supposed I should have clarified that it is not the style of vampire show I prefer. :)

patrickwm68
06-22-2011, 05:45 PM

:iagree:

Black Cat
06-22-2011, 06:03 PM
LOL, knew that would stir things up. I supposed I should have clarified that it is not the style of vampire show I prefer. :)

lol OK this makes more sense then cause it is nothing like Twilight, I hate Twilight to and want my vampires to be scary not sparkle and love.

XSE
06-22-2011, 07:53 PM
I heard so really interesting spoilers for this season at the premier. I think this season maybe pretty good. I was disappointed with season 3.

Like what?

Mean Green
06-22-2011, 08:27 PM
Very cool Mike! Yeah, definitely looking forward to this season. That 8 minute sneak preview HBO had on the other day was odd but what's not odd about this show? :laugh:

marvelboi77
06-22-2011, 10:44 PM
Like what?

I can send you a pm if you want I don't want to spoil it for others.

Babytoxie
06-27-2011, 12:25 AM
I'd been slowly losing interest in this show over the last two seasons, but the season 4 premiere really kept things moving. I'd love to go into more detail, but that might give too much away.

MrYac
06-27-2011, 12:33 AM
not a bad opening,. anybody have HBO Go, i can't figure out how to get registered

mwf6171
06-27-2011, 12:37 AM
lol OK this makes more sense then cause it is nothing like Twilight, I hate Twilight to and want my vampires to be scary not sparkle and love.

:hilarious: :goodpost: :iagree:

Babytoxie
06-27-2011, 12:44 AM
not a bad opening,. anybody have HBO Go, i can't figure out how to get registered

It took me a while to get it to work. On the "Sign up" page, you have to choose your service provider (example: AT&T U-verse), then enter whatever identification info your provider uses (e-mail address + password or whatever else is specified). Basically, you're using your account info with your provider to watch the programs on the HBO Go website.

MrYac
06-27-2011, 12:49 AM
It took me a while to get it to work. On the "Sign up" page, you have to choose your service provider (example: AT&T U-verse), then enter whatever identification info your provider uses (e-mail address + password or whatever else is specified). Basically, you're using your account info with your provider to watch the programs on the HBO Go website.

it wanted an email, problem is i have no clue what email they might have given to us when we signed up, was hoping it'd just be the id number from our bill, but nope. so no idea how to sign up, if any of you have AT&T any idea what they usually use to assign emails?

Rocket
06-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Interesting first ep! I was all set for the series to jump straight from Book Three into Book Seven but the first ep makes me rethink the impression I had that they were going to do that!

stormshadow75x
06-27-2011, 08:36 AM
With other shows like Boardwalk Empire & Game of Thrones on HBO, I've been losing interest in this show.

I thought this episode was OK, they obviously have a lot of other things to clear up that may make things more interesting. Will just have to wait & see.

Jesse321
06-27-2011, 08:43 AM
I already saw next week's episode on HBO Go, since Eric is leaving for a month next week ... GREAT stuff coming up.

bat_collector
06-27-2011, 09:27 AM
I really liked what they are doing, even if they are not staying faithful to the books.

I can't wait for Alicide to get re-introduced!

Babytoxie
06-27-2011, 10:02 AM
it wanted an email, problem is i have no clue what email they might have given to us when we signed up, was hoping it'd just be the id number from our bill, but nope. so no idea how to sign up, if any of you have AT&T any idea what they usually use to assign emails?

It's probably "firstname_lastname@att.net". When you had your U-verse set up, you should have received a booklet or card with all your account info (e-mail address, password, router ID#, security code, etc.) written down by the tech. If not, give them a call.

Back to the show: it seemed like the season 4 premiere was more lighthearted than what we've had in the past. Maybe True Blood will take itself less seriously this season?

XSE
06-27-2011, 11:53 AM
I can send you a pm if you want I don't want to spoil it for others.

please do

patrickwm68
06-27-2011, 04:09 PM
I liked the 13 months jump in story but I have so many questions now.

bat_collector
06-27-2011, 04:15 PM
I liked the 13 months jump in story but I have so many questions now.

me too

marvelboi77
07-03-2011, 06:14 PM
New episode tonight I can't wait.

marvelboi77
07-03-2011, 06:18 PM
I really liked what they are doing, even if they are not staying faithful to the books.

I can't wait for Alicide to get re-introduced!

Me too... Joe is the hottest on the show and the hottest in person....:jawd:

MrYac
07-03-2011, 06:19 PM
pfft, everybody knows Jessica is the hottest True Blooder, not some flea bitten mutt

FROBAY
07-03-2011, 06:21 PM
pfft, everybody knows Jessica is the hottest True Blooder, not some flea bitten mutt

LOL

Marvelito
07-03-2011, 06:24 PM

Word.

marvelboi77
07-03-2011, 06:26 PM

She seems to Hillbilly for me..

FROBAY
07-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Shame Sideshow didn't pick the license up. I would be all over some PF'S and Dios

marvelboi77
07-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Shame Sideshow didn't pick the license up. I would be all over some PF'S and Dios

That probably would be cool.

marvelboi77
07-04-2011, 01:33 AM
I really loved most of episode #2. I really find Sams storyline boring except the part when he and his brother are nude..

marvelboi77
07-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Anybody???

Marvelito
07-13-2011, 05:20 PM
What's up with the lack of commenting? 1st episode was too much set up, and I was a bit bored, but the past two episodes are back on track. I like that Sookie was reading a Charlaine Harris book, in this last episode. :laugh:

Speaking of CH, word is that she's ending the book series at 13, she's currently writing book 12.

patrickwm68
07-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Erik, you killed my Fairy Godmother! LOL

Marvelito
07-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Erik, you killed my Fairy Godmother! LOL

:laugh:

I will say, this new Erik is going to get on my nerves, if he's going to be like that all season.

How did Andy get hooked on V? I don't remember, or have they not said?

The scenes with the hillbilly panther folk gross me out. And the ghost daddy nonsense is driving me nuts. :nuts:

patrickwm68
07-13-2011, 05:52 PM
:laugh:

I will say, this new Erik is going to get on my nerves, if he's going to be like that all season.

How did Andy get hooked on V? I don't remember, or have they not said?

The scenes with the hillbilly panther folk gross me out. And the ghost daddy nonsense is driving me nuts. :nuts:

A lot of stuff happened during the 12 month jump so he may have got hooked then.

Yeah the Panther hillbillies are annoying. You'd think people who could change into black panthers would be regal and high class not inbreads.

I've been wanting to know the deal with that doll in Jessica and Hoyt's house since last season when they showed it lying in the middle of the floor. It's gotta be a ghost right?

Marvelito
07-13-2011, 05:55 PM
That's right, that doll was around since last season, had forgotten. You're right about a lot of stuff happening though, let's see how it all plays out. So far the season's been good, at least 3 episodes in. :D

marvelboi77
07-13-2011, 05:55 PM
I want to know where all the nudity is. I heard Joe M. is supposed to be naked next episode...woopwoop.:crazy:

patrickwm68
07-13-2011, 06:00 PM
How surprised were you that Alcide was back with the ex? I thought she had died last season.

Marvelito
07-13-2011, 06:06 PM
I was definitely surprised, I was even wondering if it's the same actress, she looks so different. He looks like he aged between seasons, maybe he just got more gray hair.

stormshadow75x
07-13-2011, 06:49 PM
A lot of stuff happened during the 12 month jump so he may have got hooked then.

Yeah the Panther hillbillies are annoying. You'd think people who could change into black panthers would be regal and high class not inbreads.

I've been wanting to know the deal with that doll in Jessica and Hoyt's house since last season when they showed it lying in the middle of the floor. It's gotta be a ghost right?

Last 2 episodes have really stepped it up.

I've very interesting in seeing what the deal with the "doll" is; I thought they were dropping the hint last year. I also like how they're setting up the witches to be pretty powerful.

My biggest complaint with this show are the females. Why are they all so UGLY? Can we get some strippers on the show? I'm tired of looking @ all these naked men.

Babytoxie
07-13-2011, 08:44 PM
This is ugly???

http://img.listal.com/image/962947/936full-deborah-ann-woll.jpg

:drooling:

randy_marsh
07-14-2011, 01:11 PM
This is ugly???

She's one good reason to watch :thumbs2:

MrYac
07-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Jessica is the hottest girl on the show thats for sure, but i wouldn't call any of the main actresses ugly by any stretch

Marvelito
07-14-2011, 02:19 PM
This show has attractive women, they're just not the traditional "CW" type girl. Jessic is definitely what you would call the "hottest" girl on the show though.

stormshadow75x
07-14-2011, 04:38 PM
This is ugly???

She's the only one...

The new shifter that Sam has the hots for looks good but that's about it.

The panther girl, werewolf b!tch & bug eyed witch that was introduced last season are fugly. Sookie is meh.

Babytoxie
07-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Okay, enough with the were-panthers.

Likewise, that damn doll. Who in the hell gives a baby a broken, dirty, stinky, piece-of-trash doll with a missing eye, and who in the hell accepts it?

Now, the necromancer is the best addition to the show in a while. I love where they're taking that storyline, especially how she is so powerful yet has no memory of what she does.

stormshadow75x
07-18-2011, 01:13 PM
The witches are definitely the best part of the show this year. The new witch/spirit represents the 1st serious threat to the vampires which I find fascinating so far.

One of the vamps has to get killed this year from the looks of it. The spirit has a vendetta against the vamps & seems to have been involved in the massacre Bill was talking about.

patrickwm68
07-18-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm lovin' this season so far.

patrickwm68
07-23-2011, 12:37 PM
SDCC 2011 True Blood Panel

Part 1

http://youtu.be/zoeyG88xQCM

Part 2

http://youtu.be/C9Q0HDl3k5I

Part 3

http://youtu.be/So9GinXUyoo

Part 4

http://youtu.be/4BpJPzaujJ0

Part 5

http://youtu.be/Aj3WcMqbZgU

Babytoxie
08-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Well damn! There goes my favorite character. Or maybe not?

patrickwm68
08-07-2011, 11:27 PM

I'm betting Jason tackles her back into the house. There was a gunshot just before she opened the door.

marvelboi77
08-07-2011, 11:39 PM
I have not seen tonight's episode, but much like season 3. My love of the show is relying on my love of season 1. Season 3 sucked and this one sucks so far too.

Mean Green
08-08-2011, 10:48 AM

Yep, there I was yelling at the TV again last night. :nuts:

Why didn't Bill send her away like the rest of the vampires? She's not particularly strong...

Jesse321
08-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Last nights episode dragged a bit, but BOY what and ending! :eek:

Mean Green
08-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Just curious, are spoilers ok for this thread? I just imagine people would stay out if they're not caught up.

MrYac
08-08-2011, 10:57 AM
i'm sure she makes it out ok, but a fun ending would also be J slowly dying of a gunshot wound while he sees her die with his last seconds of life :p

Babytoxie
08-08-2011, 11:08 AM
The whole Sam/Tommy dynamic is really getting old. One minute, they're brothers and have to stick together. Then Tommy shows his true colors, Sam kicks him out. Then they're brothers again, then another disaster...

Repeat...

Mean Green
08-08-2011, 11:19 AM
The whole Sam/Tommy dynamic is really getting old. One minute, they're brothers and have to stick together. Then Tommy shows his true colors, Sam kicks him out. Then they're brothers again, then another disaster...

Repeat...

Yeah, I'm tired of that kid... when is he going to become anything but an annoying punk?

MrYac
08-08-2011, 01:37 PM
yeah i can't quite understand how the writers want us to feel about Tommy, i mean i don't think they want us to hate him but obviously we can't be sympathetic towards him since he keeps going out of his way to be a dick to everybody that tries to help him

patrickwm68
08-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Just curious, are spoilers ok for this thread? I just imagine people would stay out if they're not caught up.

I expect spoilers in any thread about a TV show or movie or else why bother having a thread about them at all.

Kingofthehill78
08-08-2011, 04:02 PM
I don't think Jessica is going to die she is listed in the credits for future episodes plus they mention that the younger vampires (as in how long you have been a vampire) don't die as fast in the sun.

FROBAY
08-08-2011, 04:25 PM
So far Im not digging this season, seems the story isnt as interesting as the previous seasons. Its almost as if there are new writers for the show....something is off here to me. But I will continue to watch as I am a fan of the show.

MrYac
08-08-2011, 06:34 PM
jess is gonna be fine as we still have this lovely scene to look forward to from her
http://i54.tinypic.com/jkhe2v.gif

patrickwm68
08-08-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm loving this this season so far except for Sam's brother and Andy's addiction to V. The show just comes to a hault when they're on. I don't care about either one of them.

stormshadow75x
08-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I'm tired of that kid... when is he going to become anything but an annoying punk?

It was a great episode.

What really had me confused last season was how Sam all of a sudden changed into an A-Hole but watching Tommy's actions it makes more sense. Tommy's there to test Sam & it might ultimately cost him his life. I think Sam will wind up killing his brother.

I'm pretty sure Jess won't die. Jason will probably save her & with his blood. Doesn't look too good for Hoyt.

FROBAY
08-10-2011, 02:39 PM
I think the last episode was the best so far this season....

The General
08-10-2011, 02:41 PM
I think the last episode was the best so far this season....

Agreed. It was really good.

Black Cat
08-10-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm loving this this season so far except for Sam's brother and Andy's addiction to V. The show just comes to a hault when they're on. I don't care about either one of them.

I agree with both people and I think this season is really good. I like the witches.

Mean Green
08-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Jason's an idiot. :laugh:

Marvelito
08-18-2011, 01:36 PM
One thing that I've been trying to remember all season is, how did Andy get hooked on V??

Personally, I'm enjoying this season waaay more than I did last season. I was almost thinking about dropping the show this season, glad I didn't. These last three episodes have been really good.

Mean Green
08-22-2011, 05:09 PM
jess is gonna be fine as we still have this lovely scene to look forward to from her
http://i54.tinypic.com/jkhe2v.gif

And.... there we go... :itsb:

What was the point in Tommy going there to get his ass beat? And that witch is starting to get way too powerful...

MrYac
08-22-2011, 05:23 PM
must say i was very dissapointed in the jess scene....for obvious reasons. as for Tommy i think in his own moronic way that was him trying to help Sam out by taking the beating for him, but as i've said at another board i don't know why the hell a shifter would lose to a were anyway, call me crazy but i'm pretty sure a polar bear would tear a wolf pack apart

stormshadow75x
08-22-2011, 05:28 PM
must say i was very dissapointed in the jess scene....for obvious reasons. as for Tommy i think in his own moronic way that was him trying to help Sam out by taking the beating for him, but as i've said at another board i don't know why the hell a shifter would lose to a were anyway, call me crazy but i'm pretty sure a polar bear would tear a wolf pack apart

I think in order to be able to change into a specific animal he has to have been in it's vicinity @ one time or another.

I was thinking Tommy was going to die somehow, I guess this might be it. I've been pleasantly surprised by this season. Things are moving along pretty good.

The General
08-22-2011, 05:50 PM
And.... there we go... :itsb:

What was the point in Tommy going there to get his ass beat? And that witch is starting to get way too powerful...

That's what I'm saying. The vampires are no match for her.

patrickwm68
08-22-2011, 05:55 PM
One thing that I've been trying to remember all season is, how did Andy get hooked on V??

Personally, I'm enjoying this season waaay more than I did last season. I was almost thinking about dropping the show this season, glad I didn't. These last three episodes have been really good.

The show jumped a year so we never see it.

I do know that I don't care if he's hooked on V and I wish they wouldn't focus on it so much.

Glad the ghost thing is done. Still can't stand Sam's brother, I wish they'd kill him off already.

Lovin' the witches vs vamps angle.

I thought Jessica couldn't enjoy sex because her hymen kept growing back?

misanthrope
08-22-2011, 05:57 PM
i missed last weeks episode. i think it was a big one cause i had many questions last night.

Babytoxie
08-22-2011, 06:07 PM
I thought Jessica couldn't enjoy sex because her hymen kept growing back?

Hey, that's a good point.

I guess that since, in Jason's own words, sex is the one thing he's good at... maybe that's his supernatural power. :D

MrYac
08-22-2011, 08:19 PM
near the end of last season Andy was shown with a confescated vial of V he took from layfette looking really tempted by it since he was in so much pain from his broken arm.

and as for Jess sure it hurts, but i'm sure Jason has had his share of virgins and knows how to handle the situation.

BUT on the subject of vampire ladies i've always wondered how exactly a vampire woman can make sex with a normal man better, the vampire men i understand since the strength and extra stamina would let them outlast a normal man, but i'd think the same would strength in a vamp lady would cause a normal man to finish much quicker then average...but then maybe i'm over thinking it

patrickwm68
08-22-2011, 09:14 PM
near the end of last season Andy was shown with a confescated vial of V he took from layfette looking really tempted by it since he was in so much pain from his broken arm.

and as for Jess sure it hurts, but i'm sure Jason has had his share of virgins and knows how to handle the situation.

BUT on the subject of vampire ladies i've always wondered how exactly a vampire woman can make sex with a normal man better, the vampire men i understand since the strength and extra stamina would let them outlast a normal man, but i'd think the same would strength in a vamp lady would cause a normal man to finish much quicker then average...but then maybe i'm over thinking it

I was thinking that maybe Jessica just got used to the pain of her hymen breaking everytime she had sex. I would imagine it can't be as bad as the pain of burning in sunlight or being bound in silver for hours.

marvelboi77
08-22-2011, 10:17 PM
The last 2 episodes have been pretty good.

marvelboi77
08-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Another nice episode last night...

Babytoxie
08-29-2011, 06:02 PM
It sure was. This season is really entertaining.

I loved it when Terry and Andy started fighting. :laugh:

stormshadow75x
08-29-2011, 06:29 PM
I think the Andy & Terry scene took up way too much time than it should have. Do I really care why he's taking V? or that he has an inferiority complex? has he really "sobered up"? NEXT.....

Not surprised that Tommy died, you could see that one coming but I'm curious to see who is exactly is going to take out the alpha male werewolf.

I actually liked the twist that shows Marny pushing Antonia to the extremes to eliminate the vampires. With Lafayette & Jesus back in the mix it looks farely predictable how this one might turn out.

Eric getting his memory back was anti-climactic. I've been listenting to readers anticipating this great love between Sookie & Eric but I never quite understood why. Eric is an A-Hole, why would I ever root or really care about him. Must be something in the books. Maybe they'll address Eric's return in the next 2 episodes.
Just not sure how in depth they'll go or if it will ultimately matter that much.

MrYac
08-29-2011, 06:41 PM
while i'm not a book guy from my understanding the series greatly downplays his envolvment in Sookies life, many of the good things Bill has done for her in the show Eric is supposed to have done.

anyway i do kind of wonder if Tommy is really dead or if he some how faked it so he could sneak away with Maxine's money

Mean Green
08-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Great episode!

Jess seems to be getting quite a bit of pleasure from this... hot!
http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/ShenTC/TRUE-BLOOD-Burning-Down-the-House-Season-4-Episode-10-6-550x366.jpg

Babytoxie
08-30-2011, 11:46 AM
Great episode!

Jess seems to be getting quite a bit of pleasure from this... hot!
http://i710.photobucket.com/albums/ww103/ShenTC/TRUE-BLOOD-Burning-Down-the-House-Season-4-Episode-10-6-550x366.jpg

Indeed, though this scene had me rolling my eyes. For a second, I thought it was Torchwood.

Babytoxie
08-30-2011, 11:48 AM
anyway i do kind of wonder if Tommy is really dead or if he some how faked it so he could sneak away with Maxine's money

I wouldn't be surprised.

bat_collector
08-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Indeed, though this scene had me rolling my eyes. For a second, I thought it was Torchwood.

me too, so cheesy

and at this point I enjoy reading the books more than seeing the tv. For all the good some of the tv show has (jessica), I'm so tired of Bill.

Babytoxie
09-06-2011, 09:53 AM
SPOILERS

This season was actually picking up quite a bit from previous ones with the Marnie/Antonia storyline, but it started dragging after a while. I was happy to see what I thought was its conclusion in this episode. But now we have to draw it out further, having Lafayette being possessed by Marnie? Ugh. If they had to do something like that, why not save it until later? Too soon for my taste.

Jesse321
09-06-2011, 09:58 AM
I was kinda hoping that the season ender would be that Jesus in releasing the demon inside of him,had opened a door that he couldn't close afterward, and that he would have been the new problem for next season, not that Marnie was coming back.

While I still enjoy the show, this whole freak a season shtick is becoming predictable and formulaic, and people will get tired of it ... they need to amp up the story with the characters they have, and they have TONS of really interesting characters already.

Babytoxie
09-06-2011, 10:28 AM
I agree with all your points.

Jesus' demon is pretty cool, they should do more with that.

patrickwm68
09-06-2011, 11:46 AM
I wish they would do something already with Sookie and the Fairies instead of these little teasers here and there.

StatueBandit
09-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Hands down one of my favorite shows ever especially for a Vampire Lover like myself I can't get enough of it lol.

TRUE BLOOD ROCKS! it delivers and has something everyone can enjoy! now bring on Statues of the cast members such as Eric, Sookie, Bill, Alcide etc. If they where able to do sculpts of Buffy, Angel and then some way not do sculpts of much more intense in your face characters as they would be a huge success in my book ... just keep the edition sizes low

Marvelito
09-06-2011, 12:49 PM
I was kinda hoping that the season ender would be that Jesus in releasing the demon inside of him,had opened a door that he couldn't close afterward, and that he would have been the new problem for next season, not that Marnie was coming back.

While I still enjoy the show, this whole freak a season shtick is becoming predictable and formulaic, and people will get tired of it ... they need to amp up the story with the characters they have, and they have TONS of really interesting characters already.

The Jesus thing may not have been the season ender, but it's still a possibility, especially if he's going to keep tapping into that.

The "big bad" for every season is definitely the formula most genre shows have adopted, ever since Buffy. One of TB's biggest problems for me, is that the cast is too big. I really like most of the characters, but there's just too many of them. The problem with that is, that you need to give them something to do that justifies them being there. This season the characters that I feel don't really have a reason to be around are, Alcide and the werewolves, and Sam and the shifters. Neither of those story lines has anything to do with the overall vamp arc, and are mainly there to help the other stretch their story for the whole season by linking them together. The whole story with Jason and the were-panthers at the beginning was a story that built up into nothing. It was all just so that Jessica could save him, and start their storyline. Anyway, I really am enjoying this season, but I'm realizing that they need to tighten things up a bit, and getting rid of characters is how they need to do it, not by adding more characters.

Black Cat
09-07-2011, 10:51 PM
I have really enjoyed this season so far and I think Jesus using blood magic will have big consequences in Season 5.

And why in the hell would Debbie ever cheat on that man!!!! I hate her and want her dead!

patrickwm68
09-07-2011, 11:05 PM
Sam's brother dying was the best thing that happened this season, he annoyed the hell out of me and dragged the show down whenever he was on. I still don't know why he confronted the were's as Sam, what was the point?

Matches Malone
09-07-2011, 11:32 PM
I have never seen an episode or have any idea what it means but the wife saw this thread in the section over my shoulder and asked me to post:

"Get rid of the witch, we are tired of the fkg witch."

AsOneDead
09-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Sam's brother dying was the best thing that happened this season, he annoyed the hell out of me and dragged the show down whenever he was on. I still don't know why he confronted the were's as Sam, what was the point?

Probably trying to make up for screwing Sam's girl.

Black Cat
09-08-2011, 11:57 AM
I have never seen an episode or have any idea what it means but the wife saw this thread in the section over my shoulder and asked me to post:

"Get rid of the witch, we are tired of the fkg witch."

She is probably sick of her interfering with the vampires all the time and causing issues. lol I enjoyed the witches this season.

Black Cat
09-08-2011, 11:57 AM

Amen!

Babytoxie
09-12-2011, 09:16 AM
... Anyway, I really am enjoying this season, but I'm realizing that they need to tighten things up a bit, and getting rid of characters is how they need to do it, not by adding more characters.

Well sir, you certainly got your wish with the season finale! They were dropping like flies, and I was glad to see it.

Pam's tantrum in Fangtasia was hilarious.

I loved how Bill & Eric changed the status quo in just a couple of seconds at the mansion. What a wonderfully violent scene.

Jessica has never looked hotter. :itsb:

Jesse321
09-12-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm REALLY pissed that they killed Jesus, he was one character that had tons of potential.

Marvelito
09-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Well sir, you certainly got your wish with the season finale! They were dropping like flies, and I was glad to see it.

Jessica has never looked hotter. :itsb:

Indeed I did! Wow!!

And Jeassica... Holee Sheeeit!!! She was insanely hot!!!

Little Red Riding Hood, come on!! And lucky Jason got to do the riding! :D

Marvelito
09-12-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm REALLY pissed that they killed Jesus, he was one character that had tons of potential.

Jesus was a missed opportunity, I also felt they could have done more with him.

Mean Green
09-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Jessica's scenes totally made this episode.. maybe this whole season.

So question, does Lafayette now have the Demon power?

steve the meat
09-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Looks like a certain vamp will be returning in series 5

Black Cat
09-12-2011, 01:00 PM
Looks like a certain vamp will be returning in series 5

Russell is stupid and should stay dead and I hated the whole church thing with that guy that was at Jason's door. I am pissed that they killed Tara, well and Jesus but I loved Tara. I think she will be saved by a vamp or turned.

Bullseye
09-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Still waiting for this to aire on Fox.

Mean Green
09-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Russell is stupid and should stay dead and I hated the whole church thing with that guy that was at Jason's door. I am pissed that they killed Tara, well and Jesus but I loved Tara. I think she will be saved by a vamp or turned.

Yeah, I don't think they killed her for good. Not exactly prophetic but I'm pretty sure Bill or Eric will come to the rescue first thing next season after sensing Sookie's distress.

Pam's tantrum in Fangtasia was hilarious.

I thought this scene was hilarious too. They finally addressed how "stupid" a name "Sookie" is... :laugh:

patrickwm68
09-12-2011, 04:36 PM
What a crazy ending!!!

Since when is that preacher a vampire?

patrickwm68
09-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Jessica's scenes totally made this episode.. maybe this whole season.

So question, does Lafayette now have the Demon power?

I was wondering that too and if he doesn't have it who does? or did it just go away?

Marvelito
09-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I don't think they killed her for good. Not exactly prophetic but I'm pretty sure Bill or Eric will come to the rescue first thing next season after sensing Sookie's distress.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Marvelito
09-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Since when is that preacher a vampire?

Since the last time we saw him, I guess. If you can't beat'em, join'em.

patrickwm68
09-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Since the last time we saw him, I guess. If you can't beat'em, join'em.

I was trying to remember if maybe he got bit during the vamp raid on his compound.

Marvelito
09-12-2011, 04:53 PM
I was wondering that too and if he doesn't have it who does? or did it just go away?

Is him having it a physical thing, or a magical thing? Because if it's a magical thing, I would think that he might not have it because he would also need to know how to use it, which I don't think he does. Guess we'll see.

Marvelito
09-12-2011, 04:54 PM
I was trying to remember if maybe he got bit during the vamp raid on his compound.

I was trying to remember that too.

Marvelito
09-12-2011, 04:56 PM
I wonder what the deal is with Terry, and his past? His old service buddy didn't seem too happy to know he was married. And what's with Rene's ghost coming back to warn Arlene all of a sudden?

Who was the wolf that was about to attack Sam supposed to be?

patrickwm68
09-12-2011, 05:01 PM
The big mystery is what's so bad in Terry's past that Rene's ghost had to warn Arlene to Run.

Black Cat
09-12-2011, 05:02 PM
I wonder what the deal is with Terry, and his past? His old service buddy didn't seem too happy to know he was married. And what's with Rene's ghost coming back to warn Arlene all of a sudden?

Who was the wolf that was about to attack Sam supposed to be?

According to the books, Terry has known all along what Sookie is and has been basically "watching" her but I won't say anymore. And Jason hasn't changed yet so we still have that coming.

Marvelito
09-12-2011, 05:08 PM
The big mystery is what's so bad in Terry's past that Rene's ghost had to warn Arlene to Run.

Exactly, I mean what's up with that, what's he done??

patrickwm68
09-12-2011, 05:10 PM
According to the books, Terry has known all along what Sookie is and has been basically "watching" her but I won't say anymore. And Jason hasn't changed yet so we still have that coming.

That friend who came to see Terry, is he in the books? I know he has a bigger part next season.

Marvelito
09-12-2011, 05:10 PM

So BC, is the show faithful to the books then? Jason's going to change?? Oh man, I hope we don't go back to all that ghost daddy nonsense. Those people grossed me out, and drove me kind of nuts.

patrickwm68
09-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Exactly, I mean what's up with that, what's he done??

Whatever it is it has to be something really really bad for someone like Rene to warn her.

Marvelito
09-12-2011, 05:12 PM
I know he was a bigger part next season.

Yeah, as soon as I saw him, I knew they were just setting him up for next season. What's his name?? I cannot remember, I just keep thinking Noel, his character from Felicity. :o Plus he was Jennifer Garner's 1st husband.

Marvelito
09-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Whatever it is it has to be something really really bad for someone like Rene to warn her.

Yup. Although I hate when they take a character that has been good all along, and then they want to make him bad, like they tried with Sam at the end of last season. They make him do something completely out of character, for sake of shocking, and then they just sort of explain it away.

Black Cat
09-12-2011, 05:16 PM
So BC, is the show faithful to the books then? Jason's going to change?? Oh man, I hope we don't go back to all that ghost daddy nonsense. Those people grossed me out, and drove me kind of nuts.

Well I don't read them but a few of my friends do and it steers away some and keeps to it some so about 50/50. For instance, Lafayette dies in the first book so he would have been the one that was found dead in the back of the police car. I did hear that with the new book that just came out that elves were introduced so we have those to look forward to.

Marvelito
09-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Well I don't read them but a few of my friends do and it steers away some and keeps to it some so about 50/50. For instance, Lafayette dies in the first book so he would have been the one that was found dead in the back of the police car. I did hear that with the new book that just came out that elves were introduced so we have those to look forward to.

Hmm, so they pick and chose? I thought for sure that was going to be Lafayette in the police car, way back when.

patrickwm68
09-12-2011, 05:19 PM
I'm looking at the wikipedia page for Jason and it looks like there was a lot more to Jason and the werepathers in the books that wasn't explored on the show.

BC is Jesus in the books?

Marvelito
09-12-2011, 05:19 PM
I kind of hope they do go through with killing Tara. I like her, but I think this season proved that her character is useless, and is just someone they use to torture over and over. She should have stayed in New Orleans.

Marvelito
09-12-2011, 05:21 PM
I'm looking at the wikipedia page for Jason and it looks like there was a lot more to Jason and the werepathers in the books that wasn't explored on the show.

That was a storyline that went nowhere, maybe if it had I wouldn't have hated it so much. Maybe they're just not finished and it will come back next season.

patrickwm68
09-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Hmm, so they pick and chose? I thought for sure that was going to be Lafayette in the police car, way back when.

Season 4 is based off of the book Dead to the World

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_to_the_World_(novel)

Marvelito
09-12-2011, 05:24 PM
I don't know anything about the books, but I wonder why they didn't stick more closely to them? It might have to do with locking actors down for their characters. I mean if you have someone that appears in one book, but then doesn't come back for a couple of books, that could be troublesome.

Black Cat
09-12-2011, 05:26 PM

I can't remember if they said he was or not, I think he was but I can find out.

Black Cat
09-12-2011, 06:52 PM

Jesus was not in the book lol

Babytoxie
09-12-2011, 07:33 PM
I kind of hope they do go through with killing Tara. I like her, but I think this season proved that her character is useless, and is just someone they use to torture over and over. She should have stayed in New Orleans.

I agree. They built her up as having turned into a badass during the season break, but then she just did the same old thing.

I think this show's biggest problem is that almost everyone has some type of supernatural power. They focus so much on those characters that the "normal" characters get very little attention and suffer for it.

Black Cat
09-12-2011, 10:23 PM
I agree. They built her up as having turned into a badass during the season break, but then she just did the same old thing.

They can't, Tara is Sookie's best friend and a support character so they better not.

stormshadow75x
09-13-2011, 12:11 AM
I have to say that this season was the best so far.
THe witches were great & presented a significant threat to the vampires.

I knew Jesus wasn't going to make it past this season but Tara was shocking. I'm thinking there is a chance she may be turned into what she hates most or somehow a fairy comes & saves the day but if this is the end for Tara I can live with it. Tara has become a very one dimensional character.

Bill has also become a much better character in the series; he's grown a spine & seems willing to do what's necessary.

Next season will be fascinating, I wonder if Lafayette will keep that demon power he took from Jesus.

marvelboi77
09-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Over all the season has left me empty again. I like some parts, but most of it was boring.

bat_collector
09-13-2011, 10:29 AM

it takes a lot more than being bit to turn to a vamp in the true blood world

bat_collector
09-13-2011, 04:27 PM
I am not a fan of this season at all. I feel they introduced too many elements that went no where, killed off characters for no real explicable reason, and too many things just didn't make sense.

Not thinking of sticking around for the next season. I prefer the books by a wide margin.

palpys_shuttle
09-14-2011, 08:12 AM
This season was a real bore fest for me. I`m not giving up on the series, but it better improve and improve quickly.

Mean Green
09-14-2011, 09:19 AM

I thought they turned him as a "F*ck you" cause he hated them so much? Or did I make that up in my head...?

patrickwm68
09-14-2011, 09:37 AM
it takes a lot more than being bit to turn to a vamp in the true blood world

Whoops I forgot. Seems these days every Vamp series has a new way of being turned.

dechirico7
09-14-2011, 11:26 PM
I would have picked Eric, that is all I have to say. LOL

Fuzzylojiks
09-15-2011, 05:11 AM
Watched every season, liked it at first but it's a getting a little silly. jmo tho.

Mean Green
09-15-2011, 10:19 AM
I get pissed off watching the show cause some parts get annoying (especially some characters) but I always watch it when the next season starts again. I've got issues...

MrYac
09-15-2011, 01:21 PM
I thought they turned him as a "F*ck you" cause he hated them so much? Or did I make that up in my head...?

he was never mentioned as being turned, there were just several news reports in background tv programs about him being missing all season

Mean Green
09-15-2011, 01:59 PM
he was never mentioned as being turned, there were just several news reports in background tv programs about him being missing all season

Yeah, I remember that.. I guess I just filled in the blanks in my head and convinced myself it happened... :dork:

marvelboi77
09-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Ryan Kwanten has a super nice body, that is for sure. Here is hoping that Sookie hooks up with Alcide...woopwoop.

nexus
09-17-2011, 12:42 AM
I just started watching TB a few months ago, so I've been holding off on reading this thread until I got through the final season. Now that I have... this show is just a hot, sexy mess. If you stick around long enough you'll get some kind of supernatural power or run into some crazy. Vampires, Witches, Werewolves, Faeries, Shifters, you name it. All revolving around a little backwater town in Louisiana. I do like the casting, the acting and the way the characters are written. Anyway, it's a fun enough watch and wow does it move fast. Good that they're trimming some of the cast as it was getting too large. They did get rid of Luna who was the hottest woman on the show. Oh well.

Rocket
09-17-2011, 03:19 AM
Not thinking of sticking around for the next season. I prefer the books by a wide margin.

Couldn't agree more Mikey. This season was a train wreck, especially when the books did a lot of the plot points INFINITELY better. And why do they seem intent on taking some aspects that have happened as far down the road as Book Seven, and cram it into the storyline from Book Four?? :banghead:

Slow and steady, the way Charlaine Harris intended it, would have worked so much better

MrYac
09-17-2011, 03:55 AM
They did get rid of Luna who was the hottest woman on the show. Oh well.

no they didn't she's still around, last we see of her she's telling Sam she's looking forward to their life together for the most part

Mad4Busts
09-24-2011, 02:12 AM
Please let Tara be gone...