PDA

View Full Version : idiot's guide to comic con 2012 help required

xtina_slayer
08-07-2011, 06:08 AM
i haven never done comic con ever before and i wanna do so next year. i only know the dates so far and know nothing else.

will be travelling alone from singapore. most likely will take a domestic flght from NYC (quick trip there).. so need to ask a few questions:

1 - is the airport closest for international/domestic flights is the san diego airport?
2 - which hotel recommended is affordable and near to the fair?
3 - how do i get tickets online - is there a normal date/period it goes online?

that's all i can think of now. maybe i'll check further if i have. please assist.

thanks in advance!

dr_teng
08-07-2011, 10:05 AM
1) Yep. It's also a mere 5-10 minutes away from the convention by cab.

2) What's your price range? Hyatt room rate was uh...$250-$300 a night, I can't quite remember but I can check. I always stay there. I'd say it's worth staying within easy walking distance because it makes the convention way easier, but you will be paying more than you would if you stay out further away.

3) Not really, they'll announce it in a few months.

xtina_slayer
08-07-2011, 10:54 AM
thanks for answering!

well ill b travellin alone. so trying to be on budget as well. intending for hotel to be less than 200... cos might be staying 11-16th july...

few months? which website do i go to as official news on tics sales? open to international overseas or just locals?

dr_teng
08-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Open to everyone and it'll definitely be announced here when they're available! Otherwise, just keep checking the main SDCC site.

Hmm, if you're doing under $200 a night, you're going to have to be a bit farther out but they run lots of hotel shuttles. If you don't mind the hassle, you'll be able to get a hotel at that price.

Luminous
08-07-2011, 04:19 PM
1) Yep. It's also a mere 5-10 minutes away from the convention by cab.

2) What's your price range? Hyatt room rate was uh...$250-$300 a night, I can't quite remember but I can check. I always stay there. I'd say it's worth staying within easy walking distance because it makes the convention way easier, but you will be paying more than you would if you stay out further away.

3) Not really, they'll announce it in a few months.

When do the Hyatt rooms become available? As of right now those dates are not available on their site. Or are they already sold out?

Ridimous
08-08-2011, 01:29 AM
Try the Holiday Inn.

http://www.hisandiegoonthebay.com/

xtina_slayer
08-08-2011, 05:24 AM
Try the Holiday Inn.

http://www.hisandiegoonthebay.com/

link ironically links to EBAY/

dr_teng
08-08-2011, 09:50 AM
When do the Hyatt rooms become available? As of right now those dates are not available on their site. Or are they already sold out?

The room rate rooms won't go up until after SDCC tickets are available, so a minimum of a few months for those as well, probably more like 4-6 months.

Luminous
08-08-2011, 12:40 PM
The room rate rooms won't go up until after SDCC tickets are available, so a minimum of a few months for those as well, probably more like 4-6 months.

That's actually great news. We were looking forward to staying closer to the convention next year and we thought we missed out. Thanks for the info.

Ridimous
08-08-2011, 10:28 PM
link ironically links to EBAY/

Thats weird. Copy and paste the link instead.