PDA

View Full Version : My decision of not interacting in forums anymore.

Arahom Radjah
08-12-2011, 05:18 PM
I've given a lot of thought about this, and I think it is time for me to avoid some unnecessary stresses, so I decided not to interact with people through public forums anymore. I appreciate and thank the Statue Forum for the section we have here, and I’m sure our section here will be kept updated if SF decides to keep it.

Interacting with fans and buyers is a pleasure for me, but it seems there is a new trend around the forums in attacking producers for no apparent reasons, and I just don’t feel confortable with this. I’m very short tempered, and I just don’t deal easily with this, so I rather stay away.

We will create a news section on ARH website to keep everyone updated on the latest news, and also a forum, so you can keep interacting with me over there if you feel like it, but definitely under a different set of rules.

I have nothing personal against anyone here, and I’m really grateful to SF for our section. I just think it’s time to take care of ARH Studios under a different perspective.

I’ll still answer valid question if necessary on this thread, but this will be it.

I will also gladly answer any member, fan or buyer personally through my email: info@arhstatues.com

thanks,
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios Inc.

Darken
08-12-2011, 05:27 PM
I understand your decision but it's really shame. I like have news and answers directly from you here. And it's also a pleasure and an honor to have a director company who takes the time to come here to speak with us.

risingstar
08-12-2011, 05:38 PM
You'll find the pressure most producers tend to feel or buckle under is that pressure or obsessive need to control their image as well as systematically mold the impression people might have of them. It's what generally explains the defensive posturing as well as that seemingly inevitable polarizing and entitled effect it can have on the fanbase. I think it is an absolutely fabulous idea to distance yourself from the fanbase in this manner, especially if you find yourself ill-suited to deal with opinions you either don't agree with or don't fully comprehend.

Bravo. My suggestion is to produce what you like and let the chips fall where they may. Let the numbers do its talking for you. If you intend to frequent the boards as part of some marketing design, simply use the suggestions you find interesting and ignore the ones which appear unhelpful. Living in the public eye means finding a way to live with the idea that some people may not like what you do, otherwise, you'll drive yourself completely insane or worse, become megalomaniacal.

testsubject25
08-12-2011, 05:42 PM
You'll find the pressure most producers tend to feel or buckle under is that pressure or obsessive need to control their image as well as systematically mold the impression people might have of them. It's what generally explains the defensive posturing as well as that seemingly inevitable polarizing if not entitled effect it can have on the fanbase. I think it is an absolutely fabulous idea to distance yourself in this manner from the fanbase, especially if you find yourself ill-suited to deal with opinions you either don't agree with or don't fully comprehend.

Bravo. My suggestion is to produce what you like and let the chips fall where they may. Let the numbers do its talking for you.

That's very well put! I agree 100%. I don't see any reason why SF would do away with the forum, as several people genuinely enjoy talking about your company like the rest of the companies here. You can always post sneak peeks, plans, etc. on your site, and I'm sure they will make their way here as well. The reality is that you are just going to be viewed through a different lens, and even more so with the SS distribution going on. That's a good way to protect yourself.

Best of luck guys and I look forward to see what creative pieces you come out with! :)

ZoD
08-12-2011, 05:45 PM
You'll find the pressure most producers tend to feel or buckle under is that pressure or obsessive need to control their image as well as systematically mold the impression people might have of them. It's what generally explains the defensive posturing as well as that seemingly inevitable polarizing and entitled effect it can have on the fanbase. I think it is an absolutely fabulous idea to distance yourself in this manner from the fanbase, especially if you find yourself ill-suited to deal with opinions you either don't agree with or don't fully comprehend.

Bravo. My suggestion is to produce what you like and let the chips fall where they may. Let the numbers do its talking for you.

I have to agree also.

Best of luck mate and i look forward to all the new stuff.

Davidian
08-12-2011, 05:46 PM
It'll be sad not to see you on here regularly Arahom, but as a person and a producer, you need to do what is in your best interest and for your company. It sucks that it's had to come to this, but all of us who enjoy your products stand behind you brother. Best of luck!

warhead
08-12-2011, 05:50 PM
You gotta do what you gotta do, Rock on Arahom.

komodo112
08-12-2011, 05:56 PM
As much as I enjoy your frequent replies and detailed information, I can completely understand this decision.

I appreciate you taking the time providing answers to our requests.

patrickwm68
08-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Seems liks a drastic choice, distancing yourself from the very people who purchase your products.

jye318
08-12-2011, 06:09 PM
You'll find the pressure most producers tend to feel or buckle under is that pressure or obsessive need to control their image as well as systematically mold the impression people might have of them. It's what generally explains the defensive posturing as well as that seemingly inevitable polarizing and entitled effect it can have on the fanbase. I think it is an absolutely fabulous idea to distance yourself from the fanbase in this manner, especially if you find yourself ill-suited to deal with opinions you either don't agree with or don't fully comprehend.

Bravo. My suggestion is to produce what you like and let the chips fall where they may. Let the numbers do its talking for you. If you intend to frequent the boards as part of some marketing design, simply use the suggestions you find interesting and ignore the ones which appear unhelpful. Living in the public eye means finding a way to live with the idea that some people may not like what you do, otherwise, you'll drive yourself completely insane or worse, become megalomaniacal.

Agree again! That is what I feel about, why care what people say? You own a big company and just helping all the customer out and answer the question that you can, other then that, just pass!!
We all like to deal with the people from company so we can get the news, answer as quick as we wish, Yo leave is not a way Yo solve problem, and why care so much about the people don't like you or your statue?

Arahom Radjah
08-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Seems liks a drastic choice, distancing yourself from the very people who purchase your products.

On the contraire, I'm distancing myself from the people who don't buy my product!

As I said, we wil have an ARH forum and all fans and buyers are welcome to join in!

Also, I welcome anyone to check our website regularly for updated news and email me any ime with any type of questions.

I just think it does not make sense to come here and be attacked for no apparent reason, just because our company is getting recognition for the work we have been putting out.

Bullseye
08-12-2011, 06:20 PM
All companies get good and bad feedback. The trick is not to take it personally. Its probably best that producers not interact on a daily basis with collectors as it can lead to fanatical fans and people who like to have a go. Sideshows model is probably best. Their Q&A and production blogs work pretty well and give collectors enough information to digest. Of course there will always be individuals who will never be satisfied. Don't allow those individuals spoil your business or the positives this forum has provided you. When your passionate about what you do it is probably best that you step back as a spokesperson and hire someone to fill the role.

koababa
08-12-2011, 06:23 PM
All companies get good and bad feedback. The trick is not to take it personally. Its probably best that producers not interact on a daily basis with collectors as it can lead to fanatical fans and people who like to have a go. Sideshows model is probably best. Their Q&A and production blogs work pretty well and give collectors enough information to digest. Of course there will always be individuals who will never be satisfied. Don't allow those individuals spoil your business or the positives this forum has provided you. When your passionate about what you do it is probably best that you step back as a spokesperson and hire someone to fill the role.

Couldn't have said it better. Best of luck in starting up the ARH forums Arahom.

Kane009
08-12-2011, 06:34 PM
For me this decision is quite disappointing. Just as the uncool and sometimes offensive behavior of Araham towards critical voices. These statues cost a lot of money. We spend so much money on this colored plastic (especially the collectors outside of the US), that we are kept for absolutely mad by the most "normal" people. Just an example: For the equivalent of a Medusa I can buy (here in germany) a washing machine, which will work for the next 20 years.
At SF I think the artists will be given very much praise and only little criticism. If the paint on your new car has a scratch or the color isn't perfect, you speak very differently with the manufacturer, as if your statue is painted poorly.

Just my 2 cents!

VaultMan
08-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Best wishes to you ARH. Youre a very talented guy and I enjoy seeing your work.

Later!

lukvader
08-12-2011, 06:38 PM
I understand your decision but it's really shame. I like have news and answers directly from you here. And it's also a pleasure and an honor to have a director company who takes the time to come here to speak with us.

These are my words also.
Thanks for the great communication you did on here!
As I mean you did very very well here, im not sure this decision is one of the best youve ever made. But its understandable.

lukvader
08-12-2011, 06:41 PM
For me this decision is quite disappointing. Just as the uncool and sometimes offensive behavior of Araham towards critical voices. These statues cost a lot of money. We spend so much money on this colored plastic (especially the collectors outside of the US), that we are kept for absolutely mad by the most "normal" people. Just an example: For the equivalent of a Medusa I can buy (here in germany) a washing machine, which will work for the next 20 years.
At SF I think the artists will be given very much praise and only little criticism. If the paint on your new car has a scratch or the color isn't perfect, you speak very differently with the manufacturer, as if your statue is painted poorly.

Just my 2 cents!

And I add a cent to this also.

Kane009
08-12-2011, 06:47 PM
I absolutely don't understand, why you are miffed due to the fact, that there are people, which do not bend their knee in view of your offered Hummer (we all know which statue is meant, hehe), but say "Jesus Christ, what a motherfu..in piece, but my garage is too small for this, and also I can't afford it!"

nbr3bagshotrow
08-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Boy these artists are a sensitive lot. I haven't seen near the criticism's of Arahom's stuff like we did for Bowen before we cracked down. Whatever, guess there is now a statueARH.com forum.

Arahom Radjah
08-12-2011, 07:01 PM
I absolutely don't understand, why you are miffed due to the fact, that there are people, which do not bend their knee in view of your offered Humvee (we all know which statue is meant, hehe), but say "Jesus Christ, what a motherfu..in piece, but my garage is too small for this, and also I can't afford it!"

It's not about being miffed!

I just don't think it's a positive experience for me to be constant target of personal attacks for no apparent reason!

I really feel I don't have to be part of this anymore!

What ARH does as a company or the way we conduct business is something that concerns our buyers and fans, and I'm the first one to step in and address any issues, but all those attacks come from people who never bought, never will, and have no interesst in ever buying from us.

The anonymity of the internet empowers a bunch of people to act like jerks and a-holes.

I just don't feel like being part of this anymore! It's as simple as that!

Kane009
08-12-2011, 07:13 PM

I just don't think it's a positive experience for me to be constant target of personal attacks for no apparent reason!

What ARH does as a company or the way we conduct business is something that concerns our buyers and fans, and I'm the first one to step in and address any issues, but all those attacks come from people who never bought, never will, and have no interesst in ever buying from us.

The anonymity of the internet empowers a bunch of people to act like jerks and a-holes.

My opinion is, that ARH produces a very special and exciting quality. I am happy to have discovered this company. I ordered with Cleo my first ARH-statue and I am happy with her (I am happy not ordered the AP. I prefer the painting of the series!). You should really know, what you can do and what you can't do. I think you can be really satisfied with yourself. I await eagerly Athena and the Valkyrie.
But (!) I am sure, thats not necessary to offend your customers. You can think what you want, but to call them a-holes is really unprofessional!

VS1976
08-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Sad to hear that ARH would not post or interact "as much" as before, but it's understandable. There are some peeps here that can be a handful sometimes. My only request for 2012 is make the statues I "need". Yes need not want! :drooling: :wink2: Your company has the talent to be above and beyond. Hope u get the license in the near future. I think it can propel you to the next level.

Congrats again with your partnership with SSC. I look forward to some of your statues like Valkyrie Web Ex, Athena & Thor. :)

Arahom Radjah
08-12-2011, 07:28 PM
My opinion is, that ARH produces a very special and exciting quality. I am happy to have discovered this company. I ordered with Cleo my first ARH-statue and I am happy with her (I am happy not ordered the AP. I prefer the painting of the series!). You should really know, what you can do and what you can't do. I think you can be really satisfied with yourself. I await eagerly Athena and the Valkyrie.
But (!) I am sure, thats not necessary to offend your customers. You can think what you want, but to tell them a-holes is really unprofessional!

I think it's a two way street, besides none of them are my customers!

Some of you guys are confuse, and some are trying to twist it here. NONE of what I wrote or said here in public is directed to any of my customers!

Those people HAVE NEVER BOUGHT from me, or even actually consider buying!

They want only to bash and bad mouth!

NONE OF THEM ARE CUSTOMERS!!! Don't confuse forum members with fans or customers!!

jye318
08-12-2011, 07:37 PM
...... So who brought something from you means they can talk trash to you? If you are in the other forum, you will just call people f***er, they always acting a hole and just want to have fun with people, I am kind happy in this forum cause people are nicer here, in the other hand, what if people go to your forum and talk trash? I am upset you leave with common that you don't like.

And please, reply my email!! I need to confirm you received my $300!!!

smartartist
08-12-2011, 07:38 PM

Fair enough. Life's too short. But please keep providing sneak peeks etc. I'll see you on your website or contact you by email when I'm ready to buy my first
piece.

Arahom Radjah
08-12-2011, 07:52 PM
...... So who brought something from you means they can talk trash to you? If you are in the other forum, you will just call people f***er, they always acting a hole and just want to have fun with people, I am kind happy in this forum cause people are nicer here, in the other hand, what if people go to your forum and talk trash? I am upset you leave with common that you don't like.

And please, reply my email!! I need to confirm you received my $300!!!

I have no unanswered emails in my inbox! I have answered everything. Please write again because it's not here.

Yes, those who buy from me are entitled to be displeased with my work, and I will take any criticism there is and address any problems with the best of my capacity.

Arahom Radjah
08-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Ok guys,

this is my last post about this. I think enough has been said about this subject.

Thank you all for the support, and thank you all for sharing your thoughts in this thread.

If there is any more questions or concerns please email me at: info@arhstatues.com

best,