PDA

View Full Version : A little "market research" on ARH....

Rocket
08-16-2011, 02:46 AM
Ok guys, so the "main" ARH thread has devolved quite quickly so I thought I'd start this thread up in an attempt to gauge the true opinion on ARH Studios.

My concept is this.

ARH Studios starts on a score of zero.

If you have purchased from ARH and were happy with the experience, you give ARH a point, and leave a small description of your experience. If you had a negative one, you take a point away and explain why.

I'd like to hope this will show a trend as to how the company has been conducting itself with the membership here.

A couple of other things I'd like to stress.

ONLY LEAVE "FEEDBACK" IF YOU TRULY PURCHASED FROM ARH STUDIOS

REFRAIN FROM PERSONAL AND MALICIOUS ATTACKS

Let's try and show a true representation of how the company has been travelling, with no trolls chiming in, hey?

If this thread becomes what I've just asked it NOT to, or become a joke thread, I'll close it down so try and keep it real.

Rocket
08-16-2011, 02:46 AM
ARH STUDIOS - 0

Bullseye
08-16-2011, 03:04 AM
ARH +1 for Cleopatra AP. Alot of people forget that Arabom went out of his way on the shipping of these. We knew we would not be getting a box right of way which isn't really a problem when your getting an AP anyway. Quality is comparable to most companies. The paintwork was fine. This has been my only experience with the company and it was positive.

Rocket
08-16-2011, 03:12 AM
So ARH Studios sits on 1 point. Thanks Bulls.

Kane009
08-16-2011, 03:31 AM
I ordered the standard series version of Cleopatra. In my opinion the painting is in total superior to the AP.
But as u can see, the boobs and the area under them are not well done.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-8eIKthQQy5Y/TjrHlcskjQI/AAAAAAAAIqk/xWmM4iU-810/s1200/IMG_4690.JPG

The blade was totally buckled, I have to straighten it with a hair dryer.
They sent me two of the same bra:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-hUdA_HRm4QM/TjsJ81Xd18I/AAAAAAAAIr8/yizT6W4C6H8/IMG_4742.JPG

The styrofoam was pilling, the pills were all-around.

Overall I would give 0.5 points, but this isn't possible, so I tend to give +1, due to the original and unique sculpt.

In total +2 for ARH.

VS1976
08-16-2011, 03:41 AM
I think they should actually post the statue when they score it so we know it's the truth.

Rocket
08-16-2011, 03:42 AM
I think they should actually post the statue when they score it so we know it's the truth.

Yeah, if people are able to, that could be cool.

There has been a lot of negativity in recent days about ARH, this thread could show some positivity too :)

VS1976
08-16-2011, 03:53 AM
Here is my first ARH Cleo AP. Don't need to say much but it's a gorgerous piece. The paint job is quite different from the reg Cleo. Mine is darker color and the details or paint job os quite different. Very happy with it :) +1

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5002/5307774795_cfc286dd9f_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pb13/5307774795/)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5169/5307778291_c9c7758cb0_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pb13/5307778291/)

+3 points now

VS1976
08-16-2011, 03:59 AM
Yeah, if people are able to, that could be cool.

There has been a lot of negativity in recent days about ARH, this thread could show some positivity too :)

Oh they are able to. I'm sure everyone here has a camera phone and computer. Or at least the minus scores should have pics.

Tetragrammaton
08-16-2011, 04:10 AM
I do not know if this counts or not as it wasn't a recent dealing, but I've dealt with Arahom and ARH Studios about 5 years back for a commissioned sculpt and I was very happy with the product and the service. I will say the paint job at the time could have been better, but I am still a satisfied customer.

No pics at this time sorry but I will put one up later.

rychehitman
08-16-2011, 05:00 AM
should people vote -1 if they have made the decision to not purchase ARH product based on the comments of Arahom and/or Averone since all this started???

Crossbonez74
08-16-2011, 05:14 AM
I've purchased 3 statues from Arahom to include the 1/6th scale topless legged version of Medusa, Cleopatra and the 1/6 scale Achiles. I had no issues whatsover with the statues I recieved and Arahom himself was very courteous and professional in my dealings with him. I cant speak for whatever issues he has had lately but my past dealings with him were very positive.

Heres my Achilles
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/jsnchrry/011-1.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/jsnchrry/012-1.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/jsnchrry/013-1.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/jsnchrry/015.jpg

Heres Medusa
http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/jsnchrry/DSC00433-2.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/jsnchrry/DSC00442.jpg

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt260/jsnchrry/DSC00441-1.jpg

Rocket
08-16-2011, 05:30 AM
should people vote -1 if they have made the decision to not purchase ARH product based on the comments of Arahom and/or Averone since all this started???

Completely understand your point Rob, but that's a thread for another day ;)

Rocket
08-16-2011, 05:33 AM
I think ARH Studios is +5 at this point?

Nidgit
08-16-2011, 05:53 AM
I've purchased two Achilles statues, two Leonidas statues and the 1/4 Thor and all have been shipped without any hassles, and very happy with them. All correspondence was courteous and professional. And I should add, that when I bought and paid for my 1/4 Leo, ARH had misjudged the cost of shipping to Oz and undercharged me. I offered to send some additional money to cover the cost (thought that was the right thing to do) but Arahom refused to accept it (wanted to stand by his original shipping quote despite losing money on it). . . . That at least deserves any extra point right :laugh: So in all honesty and without any bias whatsoever I'd say my experience with ARH has been pretty good :wink2:

Whoops . . . Just realized my 1/4 Thor hasn't shipped yet of course. Just keepin it real :)

Mr. Kennedy
08-16-2011, 07:30 AM
I brought Achilles and still have yet to get the box that was promised to me a little over a year or two ago. I ended up selling the statue without the box.

I also brought the Leonidas statue and got the box about 6 months - a year later and the styrofoam for the statue wasn't cut our right so the statue didn't even fit

VS1976
08-16-2011, 08:28 AM
I brought Achilles and still have yet to get the box that was promised to me a little over a year or two ago. I ended up selling the statue without the box.

I also brought the Leonidas statue and got the box about 6 months - a year later and the styrofoam for the statue wasn't cut our right so the statue didn't even fit

I haven't got my box either but your basing everything on a box? I think your only allowed 1 minus anyways per person.

testsubject25
08-16-2011, 08:30 AM
If you have purchased from ARH and were happy with the experience, you give ARH a point, and leave a small description of your experience. If you had a negative one, you take a point away and explain why.

not, "If you have purchased from ARH and if VS1976 was happy with your experience"

I haven't got my box either but your basing everything on a box?

mods, feel free to delete this post :laugh:

VS1976
08-16-2011, 08:40 AM
not, "If you have purchased from ARH and if VS1976 was happy with your experience"

mods, feel free to delete this post :laugh:

:sly2:

warhead
08-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Bought 4 statues the original Thor, Achilles and Leonidas 1/7 statues and also bought the Leonidas 1/4 scale, had great service from them on all my statues, just missing box for the big Leonidas just never followed up on it because I didn't know if it came in yet.

Love the look of all of their 1/4 line and wanted to get some, but its just all priced out of my range, so I don't think I will be purchasing from them in the future based purely on price range, still think their Leonidas 1/4 is the best of the lot.

Nidgit
08-16-2011, 08:41 AM
Now, now TS25 . . . This is the market research thread. The sh!t stirring thread is here http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=120317. :wink2:

testsubject25
08-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Now, now TS25 . . . This is the market research thread. The sh!t stirring thread is here http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=120317. :wink2:

Oh I agree fully, but this isn't the "I'm going to tell you why you should have enjoyed your experience" thread, either, lol. I'm pretty sure that's in the same thread you linked. :wink2:

Mr. Kennedy
08-16-2011, 08:50 AM
I haven't got my box either but your basing everything on a box? I think your only allowed 1 minus anyways per person.

I gave -2 cause they are two separate things also my hate for ARH stems from a garage kit (two purchases) I had trouble with him about. He got really sh!tty about the situation

VS1976
08-16-2011, 08:53 AM
I gave -2 cause they are two separate things also my hate for ARH stems from a garage kit (two purchases) I had trouble with him about. He got really sh!tty about the situation

Well in that case I guess peeps who bought multiple pieces gets additional points too?

So we must be +11 points now right?

Nidgit
08-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Oh I agree fully, but this isn't the "I'm going to tell you why you should have enjoyed your experience" thread, either, lol. I'm pretty sure that's in the same thread you linked. :wink2:

Point taken. I have a feeling this thread is going to be about as productive as that unproductive thing that wasn't very productive :tongue:

testsubject25
08-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Point taken. I have a feeling this thread is going to be about as productive as that unproductive thing that wasn't very productive :tongue:

:laugh: well that other one should be mod killed today, and maybe it will be back to business!

dechirico7
08-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Received Cleopatra AP 2 of 50
Beautiful statue in person.
I can tell Araholm spent a lot of time painting these pieces. Great paint application, shading etc. Her skin tone is just gorgeous. I also like that they are willing to do small tweaks to customize the statues just for you. I thought it was great that ARH was willing to let you choose between a black or gold outfit. He was also open about hearing critiques on the statue at the time it was being digitally sculpted. +3

Wait for box -1
If the production pieces are out, shouldn't we have our boxes by now? Supposedly we have been kept up to date on the boxes....if so, I never received any information.

Cleopatra came with a loose leg, which I fixed and never complained about. You didn't see me attacking anyone. -1

Attitude received from Araholm lately due to one simple box question post. -1

That should put me at 0. I want to stay neutral. Great pieces but horrible communication from the company.
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/cleo1.jpg
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/CleoSize.jpg

VS1976
08-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Received Cleopatra AP 2 of 50
Beautiful statue in person.
I can tell Araholm spent a lot of time painting these pieces. Great paint application, shading etc. Her skin tone is just gorgeous. I also like that they are willing to do small tweaks to customize the statues just for you. I thought it was great that ARH was willing to let you choose between a black or gold outfit. He was also open about hearing critiques on the statue at the time it was being digitally sculpted. +1

Wait for box -1
If the production pieces are out, shouldn't we have our boxes by now? Supposedly we have been kept up to date on the boxes....if so, I never received any information.

Cleopatra came with a loose leg, which I fixed and never complained about. You didn't see me attacking anyone. -1

Attitude received from Araholm lately due to one simple box question post. -1

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/cleo1.jpg
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp46/dechirico7/CleoSize.jpg

:rolleyes: so you scored it a zero?

11 points still :p

dechirico7
08-16-2011, 09:11 AM
:rolleyes: so you scored it a zero?

11 points still :p

Yep. That is what it said.

testsubject25
08-16-2011, 09:15 AM
I bought a sandwich the other day. It looked a little like Arahom and tasted delicious + 1 :D

Now THAT belongs in the other thread! :laugh:

Spartacus
08-16-2011, 09:18 AM
I have purchased 2 statues from ARH.

Good communication
Good shipping process
Great statues
No issues what so ever!...Great work ARH!

Not sure how the scoring works here guys, so just add positive points from my end. Thx

travis
08-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Bought Anubis and Jack-O-Lantern...love them both...only negative is packing materials...For less breakage there should be one piece styro instead of many with styro peanuts...boxes were good but wish they had better artwork...otherwise I love em...They offer truly unique statues...I waited a few more months then originally promised but patience by the buyers is a big thing in regards to this business...these statues are almost never delivered on time...+2

VS1976
08-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Yep. That is what it said.

No your post reads like this; +1, -1, -1 ,-1 that would meant u referred it as -2

So we are +13 points. I think this this thread will have more positives then negative therefore the point has already been made? ARH stuff is great minus the box issue.

modus
08-16-2011, 09:50 AM
VS is the +/- police. :D

Spartacus
08-16-2011, 10:02 AM
No your post reads like this; +1, -1, -1 ,-1 that would meant u referred it as -2

So we are +13 points. I think this this thread will have more positives then negative therefore the point has already been made? ARH stuff is great minus the box issue.

you haven't added my points yet!...how does it work?

VS1976
08-16-2011, 10:02 AM
I think Arahom PR skill maybe needs some fine tuning but he cares about what he produces. In my book, passion & quality of works outweighs his negatives. Some of the remarks on the other thread were uncall for! Recyclying old materials back and forth; calling him out that he has zero intergrity; making fun of his loss of his pet is right out wrong! You guys have driven this man out of this forum.... Bravo guys! For those who like to say "speaking their minds and it's their right really needs to think to themselves what if it was me on the receiving end? I'm sure you wouldn't like it would you?

Let's put this to a rest guys! If Arahom decides to be part of this forum again, let's not chaise him or question his motive?

VS1976
08-16-2011, 10:05 AM
you haven't added my points yet!...how does it work?

Sparty your points were counted. We were at 11 points after Dech. Plus 2 (because u bought 2 statues) = 13 points

Spartacus
08-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Sparty your points were counted. We were at 11 points after Dech. Plus 2 (because u bought 2 statues) = 13 points

:thumbs2: thx

modus
08-16-2011, 10:08 AM
I think Arahom PR skill maybe needs some fine tuning but he cares about what he produces. In my book, passion & quality of works outweighs his negatives. Some of the remarks on the other thread were uncall for! Recyclying old materials back and forth; calling him out that he has zero intergrity; making fun of his loss of his pet is right out wrong! You guys have driven this man out of this forum.... Bravo guys! For those who like to say "speaking their minds and it's their right really needs to think to themselves what if it was me on the receiving end? I'm sure you wouldn't like it would you?

Let's put this to a rest guys! If Arahom decides to be part of this forum again, let's not chaise him or question his motive?

You see the good in everyone. :)

dechirico7
08-16-2011, 10:10 AM

I actually edited it after I originally posted. If you go back, it adds up. You might want to give people a minute or two before you reply to their posts.

testsubject25
08-16-2011, 10:14 AM

Why the hell are you going all crazy on this research thread? You just brought all that crap and negativity in. Gratz. It was at a rest on this thread, until VS Mcforum Cop started again. :laugh: heed your own advice.

dechirico7
08-16-2011, 10:14 AM

What I don't get is....why are you still in here, replying to everyone's post? Nothing to do?
I am already done with this thread. It started out civil, but some people can't just make a contribution and walk away.

VS1976
08-16-2011, 10:20 AM
What I don't get is....why are you still in here, replying to everyone's post? Nothing to do?

Because I can :tongue: and I'm not at work yet? Look Dech. A lot of us didn't get boxes yet. Some people started to get them already which makes me think everyone will eventually get them. Yah it sucks we have to wait almost a year for it but we were all told that before buying his products?

dechirico7
08-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Because I can :tongue: and I'm not at work yet? Look Dech. A lot of us didn't get boxes yet. Some people started to get them already which makes me think everyone will eventually get them. Yah it sucks we have to wait almost a year for it but we were all told that before buying his products?

That is fine and dandy. I am ok with the wait, but I am not ok with being attacked via private message. I was screamed at, yes there were an insane amount of exclamation marks used and capital letters. I was given the run-around, I still don't know if I am actually getting a box. Because when we ordered we were told we would, then a couple weeks ago we weren't, then in my private messages I was going to get one.... Also, being told not to buy another ARH statue again was completely insane and probably the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I am pretty sure that people new to this hobby, if they encountered such horrible customer service would most likely never buy anything ARH again. I had a great time conversing with Araholm and think his statues and ideas are amazing, but after all this, I doubt I will ever buy from them again.

VS1976
08-16-2011, 10:31 AM
That is fine and dandy. I am ok with the wait, but I am not ok with being attacked via private message. I was screamed at, yes there were an insane amount of exclamation marks used and capital letters. I was given the run-around, I still don't know if I am actually getting a box. Because when we ordered we were told we would, then a couple weeks ago we weren't, then in my private messages I was going to get one.... Also, being told not to buy another ARH statue again was completely insane and probably the worst customer service I have ever encountered. I am pretty sure that people new to this hobby, if they encountered such horrible customer service would most likely never buy anything ARH again. I had a great time conversing with Araholm and think his statues and ideas are amazing, but after all this, I doubt I will ever buy from them again.

I can't speak for Arahom & I don't know the man but I know his PR skills is probably not the best based on some posts on the other thread. We all have faults. Everyone does? We are not perfect and if someone says they are they are full of it. :battherapy:

Yah it sucks that it went out like this Dech and I emphazie with you 100% :o

Mean Green
08-16-2011, 10:32 AM

Sounds like a freakin' nightmare. My experience was similar but not nearly as severe.

I remember a post by Arahom maybe a month or two ago, yelling at people about complaining about not getting boxes. Something along the lines of, at least you got your statues... and you're whining about a box????!?!?!?! Customer service at its finest.

Spazzy
08-16-2011, 10:49 AM
I bought a Bullseye and Deadpool years ago, the presence was good, but it was seriously lacking certain details, basically the clean up wasn't too good, and the paint was decent. I ended up selling, and got a nice profit from them too :) That has prevented me from buying arh, even though I know they have changed, I am tempted with Medusa but very pricey imo, and just not a mainstream character I really care about that much.

WOuld of loved to get the Joe statues, but never went in my favor.

Fremen
08-16-2011, 11:42 AM
+1. Cleo. Came damaged with the glue failing on the leg and with no snake part to the crown.
Offered an option of me sending it back so they could fix it. Since it was such an easy fix and nothing was actually broken, I fixed it myself and they sent me the part for the crown.

I'll speak for my sister. I can't give a score as I don't know all the specifics.
She bought me Archillies for christmas a couple of years ago. She told me ARH would send the box when he had them. She never did get a box. I don't know if she was suppose to contact them again or what but no box. I personally don't think you should have to chase down a box to get one. If you were told you will get one, you should just get one.

jye318
08-16-2011, 12:57 PM
+1 for Cleo that I got, really nice statue with great price, I will put another +1 for medusa AP,
But i don't like to see he call people jerk and a hold tho.

sivousplay
08-16-2011, 12:58 PM
I am curious if anyone has purchased one of their statues with the intention of painting it themselves. I've never seen a printed piece in person and am curious about the crispness of the detail as compared to a standard resin kit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks a bunch.
jim

VS1976
08-16-2011, 01:21 PM
I am curious if anyone has purchased one of their statues with the intention of painting it themselves. I've never seen a printed piece in person and am curious about the crispness of the detail as compared to a standard resin kit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks a bunch.
jim

I believe Arahom sells kits on these too. Its a little cheaper. You need to go to his site and email him.

http://arhstatues.com/

Raven1014
08-16-2011, 03:38 PM
A good friend of mine is now in the collectible business (pretty easy to figure out who it is, but he doesn't look to solicit on here as he's not a paid advertiser...he'll rarely chime in a discussion but will provide information if he can). He opened a shop and has started to pickup a steady following and some good reviews from here and a number of other boards. I will usually stay away from mentioning anything we talk about on the business end as it's his shop to run as he sees fit. He has to deal with a lot of customers that are forum members and companies and he tries to be professional in all his dealings. He seems to have gotten very frustrated when it comes to ARH though.

I'm in his shop constantly. I'll stop by and we talk about the products, comics and just generally what's going on (if you ever stop in...be forewarned he loves the hobby and as any of his customers can tell you...he'll talk your ear off if you let him). I've been there when he's had to deal with ARH and any other number of companies and distributors. If he didn't have customers that wanted their stuff, I don't think he would ever deal with them. From a business end, they have to be one of the most unprofessional businesses I've ever heard of in this industry. I've been told a number of stories about the nonsense that my friend has dealt with from this company, but a lot of that is on the business end. I'll stick to the actual product.

I was meeting him for lunch the day he received his latest shipment from ARH. He sold a number of the older Medusa statues so he ordered some more. What showed up has to be the worst excuse for QC I've ever seen. To make it worse ARH knew but still shipped them. I took a pic when they were opened for inspection next to an older one that was in stock. How you send this to your customer and then tell him it's OK to ship to his customers in beyond me. The one on the left is the original version and it's colors match what's advertised on the ARH website. The one on the right is from the new shipment and left with the wrapping on but you can still see the drastic color difference. They were getting returned (I could do a whole post on that fiasco and the costs incurred), but that is what is now being sent from ARH as the same statue. Apparently there was an issue with a factory running out of paint and ARH not providing the correct color, so to save a few dollars you get that mint chocolate chip colored version. The initial response back from ARH was there was nothing wrong with them. I'll leave it for the forum members to decide if they would be upset at getting the one on the right and being told from the manufacturer that there is nothing wrong with it.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i389/emanon911/Medusa.jpg

Add in these replies on message boards from the owner and while he may do a good job in some respects, they deserve every amount of criticism they get and should own up to it and learn from it instead of calling people idiots. I could make a list of the nonsense my friend has had to deal with from ARH (and that's just what I hear about...seems like every interaction is an issue), but that's the business end. The product is what he's putting his name on and if this is what he's going to send, I would never buy something from him.

Just like he has to make a living off of his products and it's his name on the company. My buddy has to be able to at least stand by the products he's going to sell. Tough to do when the manufacturer doesn't seem to care about themselves and is just willing to pass the buck off to the retailers. My friend will tell you it's all about the customer service, so he tries to make transactions as smooth as possible for the people that purchase from him...too bad ARH doesn't do the same for him. There is a lot of competition with a number of sites so he has to always do his best to keep the customers happy. Tough to do when the manufacturer screws you over time and time again. They then has the nerve to tell people they don't know what he has to deal with. No denying the people in the artistic end are very talented, but that doesn't mean because you can sculpt that you know how to run a business.

testsubject25
08-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Now I'm going to go to the ice cream shop and order, "Mint Chocolate Nips". :doh!:

docmario
08-16-2011, 04:09 PM
"MY first n last purchase from ARH"

i bought the achilles and the blade hilt/peg doesnt even fit in to the hand. The blade peg is like a tiny rod. Very dissapointed. Emailed Arahom, and he said "i supposed to GLUE the blade to the hand, and since the statue was made in China, he has no control over the quality of the statue"..No refund or replacement at all.

....I was left out cold....

scared to come back n buy more from him again. I m passing on all his statues now.

Too many other awesome customs to think about

Score -2

docmario
08-16-2011, 04:13 PM
A good friend of mine is now in the collectible business (pretty easy to figure out who it is, but he doesn't look to solicit on here as he's not a paid advertiser...he'll rarely chime in a discussion but will provide information if he can). He opened a shop and has started to pickup a steady following and some good reviews from here and a number of other boards. I will usually stay away from mentioning anything we talk about on the business end as it's his shop to run as he sees fit. He has to deal with a lot of customers that are forum members and companies and he tries to be professional in all his dealings. He seems to have gotten very frustrated when it comes to ARH though.

I'm in his shop constantly. I'll stop by and we talk about the products, comics and just generally what's going on (if you ever stop in...be forewarned he loves the hobby and as any of his customers can tell you...he'll talk your ear off if you let him). I've been there when he's had to deal with ARH and any other number of companies and distributors. If he didn't have customers that wanted their stuff, I don't think he would ever deal with them. From a business end, they have to be one of the most unprofessional businesses I've ever heard of in this industry. I've been told a number of stories about the nonsense that my friend has dealt with from this company, but a lot of that is on the business end. I'll stick to the actual product.

I was meeting him for lunch the day he received his latest shipment from ARH. He sold a number of the older Medusa statues so he ordered some more. What showed up has to be the worst excuse for QC I've ever seen. To make it worse ARH knew but still shipped them. I took a pic when they were opened for inspection next to an older one that was in stock. How you send this to your customer and then tell him it's OK to ship to his customers in beyond me. The one on the left is the original version and it's colors match what's advertised on the ARH website. The one on the right is from the new shipment and left with the wrapping on but you can still see the drastic color difference. They were getting returned (I could do a whole post on that fiasco and the costs incurred), but that is what is now being sent from ARH as the same statue. Apparently there was an issue with a factory running out of paint and ARH not providing the correct color, so to save a few dollars you get that mint chocolate chip colored version. The initial response back from ARH was there was nothing wrong with them. I'll leave it for the forum members to decide if they would be upset at getting the one on the right and being told from the manufacturer that there is nothing wrong with it.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i389/emanon911/Medusa.jpg

Add in these replies on message boards from the owner and while he may do a good job in some respects, they deserve every amount of criticism they get and should own up to it and learn from it instead of calling people idiots. I could make a list of the nonsense my friend has had to deal with from ARH (and that's just what I hear about...seems like every interaction is an issue), but that's the business end. The product is what he's putting his name on and if this is what he's going to send, I would never buy something from him.

Just like he has to make a living off of his products and it's his name on the company. My buddy has to be able to at least stand by the products he's going to sell. Tough to do when the manufacturer doesn't seem to care about themselves and is just willing to pass the buck off to the retailers. My friend will tell you it's all about the customer service, so he tries to make transactions as smooth as possible for the people that purchase from him...too bad ARH doesn't do the same for him. There is a lot of competition with a number of sites so he has to always do his best to keep the customers happy. Tough to do when the manufacturer screws you over time and time again. They then has the nerve to tell people they don't know what he has to deal with. No denying the people in the artistic end are very talented, but that doesn't mean because you can sculpt that you know how to run a business.

ouchhh...is this really happening? So the "mint choc" is the ones being sent out to customers out there? maybe its not the AP..just the reg..but still that really messed up

BLACK OPS
08-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Interesting

BLACK OPS
08-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Just checked ARH Studios site and the Medusa on the right is the same as the one he is selling on his web site, so therefore its as advertised so whats the problem. Its changed thats all.

VS1976
08-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Just checked ARH Studios site and the Medusa on the right is the same as the one he is selling on his web site, so therefore its as advertised so whats the problem. Its changed thats all.

Who knows? Buyers remorse? :inquisiti

cblakey1
08-16-2011, 06:01 PM
If older pieces count, give him a +1 for the awesome Death piece I got from him. :buttrock:

Darth Pain
08-16-2011, 08:12 PM
What Death piece? pics?

Grog
08-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Wow,

I post a comment about how this thread has quickly turned into another attack on ARH and my comment gets deleted? Why delete it? Nothing inappropriate was said at all? Are you trying to make sure that the only comments in these threads is about attacking ARH? Pretty fcked up if you ask me

Rocket
08-16-2011, 09:06 PM
Wow,

I post a comment about how this thread has quickly turned into another attack on ARH and my comment gets deleted? Why delete it? Nothing inappropriate was said at all? Are you trying to make sure that the only comments in these threads is about attacking ARH? Pretty fcked up if you ask me

Where dude? I dont see it here anywhere?? You sure you clicked post? And in actual fact this thread has been WAYYYY more Pro ARH than anti :smokin:

rychehitman
08-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Thats because Averone is taking ARH to new heights Rod. Once they land those Marvel, DC, and Image licenses it will be game over for all the other companies!

Rocket
08-16-2011, 09:12 PM
Thats because Averone is taking ARH to new heights Rod. Once they land those Marvel, DC, and Image licenses it will be game over for all the other companies!

:laugh:

Grog
08-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Where dude? I dont see it here anywhere?? You sure you clicked post? And in actual fact this thread has been WAYYYY more Pro ARH than anti :smokin:

Yep, i clicked post and saw it. It was deleted

Rocket
08-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Yep, i clicked post and saw it. It was deleted

That's really odd, because as a Mod I should be able to see it regardless, but I don't?

rychehitman
08-16-2011, 09:17 PM
I moved it to the secret mod location that only Drew and us undercover mods know about......want me to drop it in the mod section???

Grog
08-16-2011, 09:21 PM
That's really odd, because as a Mod I should be able to see it regardless, but I don't?

go figure then. regardless it doesnt really matter. the ARH bashing is not going to stop so i shouldnt even bothered

Rocket
08-16-2011, 09:25 PM
I'll lock this thread down anyway, it's spiralled from it's originally purpose, and Averone has taken my EXACT concept and posted it elsewhere anyway :dork:

Wonder if I'll get royalties....:D

Rocket
08-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Catch-22 though, with every one of these threads we lock, the death knell for this section gets that little bit closer...

galactus
08-16-2011, 09:27 PM
Not if we start the -A little "market research" on Averone....- thread!!

Rocket
08-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Not if we start the -A little "market research" on Averone....- thread!!

I was thinking, if there's enough demand for the "Averone's Quote of the Day" thread, we could repost his collection thread and let everyone cherry pick quotes from in there! :laugh: