PDA

View Full Version : A question about SS and ARH.....seriously

rychehitman
08-16-2011, 11:29 PM
The fact SSC is now distributing his statues speaks volume about what they think of ARH. By raising the bar, it's tells them there standards are high, quality is high and most important they believe in their products.

Is the fact that SS is now offering ARH product an endorsement of anything other than SS looking to make money and not so much an statement of ARH quality? Is SS involved in production aspects now or just distribution? Any QC issues are still ARH's to handle, correct?

testsubject25
08-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Is the fact that SS is now offering ARH product an endorsement of anything other than SS looking to make money and not so much an statement of ARH quality? Is SS involved in production aspects now or just distribution? Any QC issues are still ARH's to handle, correct?

solid question

Grog
08-16-2011, 11:33 PM

Sideshow has a list of standards you have to adhere to. Otherwise they drop you. At the end of the day it has sideshows name on it

VS1976

SSC not only distributors but also goes through factories and approves it or not. I believe Arahom had to switch factories to meet SSC standards. ARH will also have exclusives made for them just like PCS & Hot Toys. I believe there are some kind of collaboration. It's not just a SSC selling Bowen.

Grog
im just happy Sideshow carries them so now i can get his pieces for wholesale. :D

Tony Coca
08-16-2011, 11:34 PM
nope.SS selling there stuff has no endorsement. ARH is paying them to help distribute there stuff. It's not like SSC went after them to get the rights to sell there stuff. They only do that with real companies like Marvel and DC.

VS1976
08-16-2011, 11:36 PM
nope.SS selling there stuff has no endorsement. ARH is paying them to help distribute there stuff. It's not like SSC went after them to get the rights to sell there stuff. They only do that with real companies like Marvel and DC.

Really Tony?

Here's is the Medusa preview for SSC curtesy of ______.

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA 2011/MedusaApple.jpg

Obviously u are wrong in this case!

rychehitman
Well that's a great opportunity for Arahom! Kudos to him. He worked hard to get where he is at. Is there a ARH section on the SS freak board?

Grog

here we go again

rychehitman
08-16-2011, 11:37 PM
im just happy Sideshow carries them so now i can get his pieces for wholesale. :D

And earn / use points!

Tony Coca

here we go again

here goes what.

Grog

say whatever you want, that is a sweet piece and 1/4 scale

Black Cat

:laugh:

Luminous
Sideshow has a list of standards you have to adhere to. Otherwise they drop you. At the end of the day it has sideshows name on it

Is SS going to make sure ARH statues come with their own boxes? I've been interested in some ARH statues, but hearing all the stories about missing boxes makes me afraid I am going to receive a giant wad of taped bubble wrap with a statue inside. Sorry if that sounded insulting, but I seriously don't know how that works.

testsubject25
08-16-2011, 11:38 PM
You guys need a better pic of that Medusa. I like most of it, but the hair seems to glossy, or maybe it's just me.

Grog
here goes what.

figure it out. Your not so important to bash Arh statement from before but once again you only comment in a thread just to bash Arh.

They only do that with real companies like Marvel and DC.

that was necessary, correct?

Black Cat
say whatever you want, that is a sweet piece and 1/4 scale

I think she looks neat but her face doesn't seem very detailed and she is pricey, at least I think

testsubject25
08-16-2011, 11:39 PM
figure it out. Your not so important to bash Arh statement from before but once again you only comment in a thread just to bash Arh.

He may have been bashing, or you might be defensive from previous threads. I'm not sure. :laugh:

Grog
08-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Is SS going to make sure ARH statues come with their own boxes? I've been interested in some ARH statues, but hearing all the stories about missing boxes makes me afraid I am going to receive a giant wad of taped bubble wrap with a statue inside. Sorry if that sounded insulting, but I seriously don't know how that works.

Once they get distributed by Sideshow understand that Sideshow would deal with these issues. Im sure you would never see Sideshow ship a piece without a box

Tony Coca
08-16-2011, 11:40 PM

I'm just saying. It's not like SSC was losing sleep about getting a ARH License.

Grog
08-16-2011, 11:41 PM
He may have been bashing, or you might be defensive from previous threads. I'm not sure. :laugh:

probably both. I dont think im defensive but making observations about the constant attacks. Its just childish at this point

testsubject25
08-16-2011, 11:42 PM
probably both. I dont think im defensive but making observations about the constant attacks. Its just childish at this point

I only say possibly defensive, because I use the term "real" in that context as well sometimes, with no ill will, but I'll shut up and let him explain it himself. :laugh:

rychehitman
08-16-2011, 11:42 PM
In all seriousness... Is that Medusa ( or any of the female sculpts) made a better piece by offering out of character nudity? Medusas whole thing is to get you yo look her in the eyes to turn you to stone... Not look at her ta ta's and get turned to wood in the groin! As a company I just think it's an odd choice to offer unnecessary nude variants and I am surprised SS endorses that.

Black Cat
08-16-2011, 11:43 PM

I'm sure they will make sure the statue has a box. Items need to be double boxed anyways when shipped to claim insurance if something happens to it I believe

VS1976
here goes what.

Check post #7.

As u can see this is a "real" partnership that ARH has with SSC! Would SSC do a glamor shot to promote ARH if they are just distributing?

Rocket
You guys are really making me work today....:laugh:

Grog
I'm just saying. It's not like SSC was losing sleep about getting a ARH License.

who knows. i think theres a lot of cash to be made from Arh with Sideshow. The new pieces are sweet dude.

Tony Coca
Really Tony?

no you actually prove my point.

in the corner it says Distributed by SSC.

means they ship the stuff out for them.

Ryu
08-16-2011, 11:44 PM

It's about time you do something :laugh:

Grog
In all seriousness... Is that Medusa ( or any of the female sculpts) made a better piece by offering out of character nudity? Medusas whole thing is to get you yo look her in the eyes to turn you to stone... Not look at her ta ta's and get turned to wood in the groin! As a company I just think it's an odd choice to offer unnecessary nude variants and I am surprised SS endorses that.

fully agree on that one

Luminous

Gotta keep you on your toes. :D

Rocket
It's about time you do something :laugh:

:laugh: :battherapy:

Tony Coca
08-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Check post #7.

As u can see this is a "real" partnership that ARH has with SSC! Would SSC do a glamor shot to promote ARH if they are just distributing?

they do glamour shots of everything.

Grog

sorry, if im being rude or out of line tell me and i'll cut it out

Rob

Black Cat

Thank you! I was shocked when the first nude variant was shown and thought to myself "Would people really buy that and display it out for everyone to see?"

Rocket
sorry, if im being rude or out of line tell me and i'll cut it out

Rob

You're all good dude :)

rychehitman
08-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Rod I am trying to keep my points legit and am appreciating the input from Grog and VS.

I

testsubject25
In all seriousness... Is that Medusa ( or any of the female sculpts) made a better piece by offering out of character nudity? Medusas whole thing is to get you yo look her in the eyes to turn you to stone... .

I hadn't thought of that. You should work for Batman, and find my Hot Pockets that I think were left at Target.

VS1976

What make SSC on the very top is that they identify talent. Thats how they stay on top.

Grog
Thank you! I was shocked when the first nude variant was shown and thought to myself "Would people really buy that and display it out for everyone to see?"

Im not crazy about it either. i would rather the breast plates were sculpted on. Less problems in the future when you have to snap pieces on and off

Rocket
08-16-2011, 11:47 PM
Rod I am trying to keep my points legit and am appreciating the input from Grog and VS.

I

:thumbs2:

And for what it's worth from someone who has never had any inclination to purchase from ARH, I find the constant nudity gratuitous myself

Grog
08-16-2011, 11:47 PM
You're all good dude :)

Tony Coca
08-16-2011, 11:48 PM

I

what about my input.:sly2:

testsubject25
08-16-2011, 11:48 PM
what about my input.:sly2:

Black Cat
08-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Im not crazy about it either. i would rather the breast plates were sculpted on. Less problems in the future when you have to snap pieces on and off

True

rychehitman

Same here. Friends and neighbors coming over and seeing my superhero statues gets me some odd looks....what's a topless snake lady going to get me, lol?!

VS1976
they do glamour shots of everything.

Really? I don't see the apple on Bowens stuff ever! Just to let u know, there is an exclusive piece for Medusa. This is a "real" colabration between both ARH & SSC. Accept it!:wink2:

Black Cat

And for what it's worth from someone who has never had any inclination to purchase from ARH, I find the constant nudity gratuitous myself

lol dirty dirty

Mean Green
08-16-2011, 11:50 PM
JG needs to sell me his ARH WWH

Grog
08-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Really? I don't see the apple on Bowens stuff ever! Just to let u know, there is an exclusive piece for Medusa. This is a "real" colabration between both ARH & SSC. Accept it!:wink2:

is there an exclusive? Any idea what it is?

Nidgit
08-16-2011, 11:51 PM

That's a fair question and I think it would be safe to assume it was an endorsement of ARH (by SS). Honestly, are people here going to try to suggest that SS is going to start distributing a product they don't think is worthwhile :nuts: Seriously . . . . a mangement committee got together and said "lets flog any old sh!t we can find . . . that'll really expand our customer base and promot brand loyalty"

Tony Coca

yeah cause Bowen takes his own pics.

Another Nude piece.

WOW.so inventive.How about something different as an exclusive.

rychehitman

You mean one of his Original WWH's, don't you? Lol

JadeGiant

:penguin:

Ryu
08-16-2011, 11:52 PM

That apple is from Micheal's Craft store. :laugh:

VS1976
is there an exclusive? Any idea what it is?

You need to ask (can't mention his name) :o but I was told there would be. Same with Thor & other future release.

Black Cat

Another Nude piece.

I agree, I think an interchangeable head with the snakes up and ready to strike would have been a good choice.

testsubject25
08-16-2011, 11:53 PM
That's a fair question and I think it would be safe to assume it was an endorsement of ARH (by SS). Honestly, are people here going to try to suggest that SS is going to start distributing a product they don't think is worthwhile :nuts: Seriously . . . . a mangement committee got together and said "lets flog any old sh!t we can find . . . that'll really expand our customer base and promot brand loyalty"

ummmmmmm... Maybe?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=6802

Grog

Another Nude piece.

How about a print? :laugh:

VS1976

Another Nude piece.

The nudity is not the exclusive? Seriously Tony...

Grog
08-16-2011, 11:54 PM
That apple is from Micheal's Craft store. :laugh:

Tony Coca

or a belt with a skull on it.:laugh:

rychehitman

Another Nude piece.

At least a nude Jack O Lantern would have been groundbreaking! ( and likely Boonies first ARH purchase :) )

Black Cat
08-16-2011, 11:55 PM

lol

Grog
or a belt with a skull on it.:laugh:

i prefer the mandalorian wall plaque

{i know i completely mispelled that}

Tony Coca
The nudity is not the exclusive? Seriously Tony...

well it cant be too different then the original for the exclusive.Maybe another soldier turned to stone.

Black Cat
08-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Yeah, why were the guys never nude? Sexist I tell ya!

testsubject25
08-16-2011, 11:57 PM
i prefer the mandalorian wall plaque

{i know i completely mispelled that}

nope, you passed the Fett Test.

VS1976
well it cant be too different then the original for the exclusive.Maybe another soldier turned to stone.

:rolleyes: yah that's right? :nuts: :drinking:

rychehitman

Exactly!

VS1976
08-16-2011, 11:59 PM

Because the womens body is a work of art. :D Why do u & Dech buy primarily female statues? :laugh: :wink2:

Tony Coca
08-17-2011, 12:00 AM
:rolleyes: yah that's right? :nuts: :drinking:

And its gonna be a nude since the regular version has the Bra on.

rychehitman
08-17-2011, 12:00 AM
My body is a temple! With a two car garage in front:itsb:

Black Cat
08-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Because the womens body is a work of art. :D Why do u & Dech buy primarily female statues? :laugh: :wink2:

:doh!: because the women kick butt butt. I didn't say I would buy a naked man statue lol

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 12:02 AM
My body is a temple! With a two car garage in front:itsb:

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/wtf_2.jpg

Ryu
08-17-2011, 12:02 AM

That's why you mostly watched Spartacus on Starz :laugh:

Black Cat
08-17-2011, 12:03 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/wtf_2.jpg

lol

VS1976
08-17-2011, 12:05 AM
And its gonna be a nude since the regular version has the Bra on.

Wanna bet! If both reg & ex has removable bra, you can't post at the ARH section anymore.:doh!: :battherapy: :wink2:

Grog
08-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Wanna bet! If both reg & ex has removable bra, you can't post at the ARH section anymore.:doh!: :battherapy: :wink2:

bet, bet , bet , bet :smokin:

Grog
08-17-2011, 12:07 AM
im not going to bed until this bet is made.

Black Cat
08-17-2011, 12:08 AM

lol

Black Cat
Am I the only one that thought an interchangeable head with the snakes standing up would be a good exclusive?

VS1976

:laugh: Tony needs to put up or move on!

Grog
08-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Am I the only one that thought an interchangeable head with the snakes standing up would be a good exclusive?

no your not, awesome idea. Like the way the heads on medusa in clash were attacking?

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 12:09 AM
Tony. Come in Tony. This is Red Rooster. What's your 20? :D

Grog
08-17-2011, 12:10 AM
:laugh: Tony needs to put up or move on!

never gonna happen and like an idiot im gonna wait up a few hours to find out, :laugh:

VS1976
no your not, awesome idea. Like the way the heads on medusa in clash were attacking?

I wanted lightup eyes but told it wouldn't happen :(

Grog

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Black Cat

Yeah just like that

Grog
08-17-2011, 12:11 AM
I wanted lightup eyes but told it wouldn't happen :(

that would have been real sweet

Grog
08-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Yeah just like that

like i said, great idea.

Ryu
08-17-2011, 12:13 AM
I think the front of hair doesn't look right. Reminds of the neytiri statue.

johnclone
I forget who posted the Vader poster in the other thread, but just wonderin.. is that from some poster or t shirt or print or what?

rychehitman
Both ideas are great

VS1976
08-17-2011, 12:14 AM
never gonna happen and like an idiot im gonna wait up a few hours to find out, :laugh:

Where is that guy Tony? Suddenly got very quiet in here? I would like him to take the bet also since he talks a lot about ARH!:muahaha:

johnclone
08-17-2011, 12:14 AM

Talk to me Johnny...

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 12:15 AM
I forget who posted the Vader poster in the other thread, but just wonderin.. is that from some poster or t shirt or print or what?

Not sure if they are available, but there are a few.

http://www.pbh2.com/astounding/incredible-star-wars-propaganda-posters/

Ryu
08-17-2011, 12:16 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoa89S9sPKk

VS1976
08-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Tony C you there? So wanna make that bet? Cmon I know u want to....... :D

boondocksaint
08-17-2011, 12:27 AM
i dont see SS carrying this line for very long... but ive been wrong thousands of times! lol

johnclone
08-17-2011, 12:29 AM
Not sure if they are available, but there are a few.

http://www.pbh2.com/astounding/incredible-star-wars-propaganda-posters/

Thanks very much! *(Clicks link giggling like schoolgirl with pigtails)

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Thanks very much! *(Clicks link giggling like schoolgirl with pigtails)

:thumbs2: np

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 12:31 AM
i dont see SS carrying this line for very long... but ive been wrong thousands of times! lol

VS1976
08-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Tonys gone.....Damn I was so looking forward to the bet. Grog, I guess u can go to bed now :D :p

rilynil
08-17-2011, 12:37 AM
That Medusa statue is impressive. Very, very cool stuff.

boondocksaint
08-17-2011, 12:39 AM
That Medusa statue is impressive. Very, very cool stuff.

i agree....and the angel of death...wicked stuff..

VS1976
08-17-2011, 12:41 AM
i agree....and the angel of death...wicked stuff..

There is another statue with wings that can surpass Death....but I can't show it :rolleyes::drinking: :redface: :confused2

NWO SCUM
08-17-2011, 01:03 AM
I never thought I'd say this, but I prefer the breast plate to be on Medusa. I don't like the nude chi chi's showing. It's a bit tacky.

Kane009
08-17-2011, 02:28 AM

Because it is much more natural for a character from the Greek mythology to be naked than to wear a bikini, which would be really ridiculous. I do not understand you Americans - you have no problem to show your kids cruelty, blood and gore, but to show them one of the most beautiful things in the world - a female breast - is a no-go?

Nidgit
08-17-2011, 02:35 AM
Because it is much more natural for a character from the Greek mythology to be naked than to wear a bikini, which would be really ridiculous. I do not understand you Americans - you have no problem to show your kids cruelty, blood and gore, but to show them one of the most beautiful things in the world - a female breast - is a no-go?

Very good point :)

Tony Coca
08-17-2011, 07:01 AM
The thread started to bore me so I went to sleep. I guess grog is still up waiting for me to respond.

VS I would take your bet,but since you are in the know about the workings of ARH you already know its a removeable bra for both.

And even if I would have taken the bet you really think I wouldn't come back to post here.lol.

rychehitman
08-17-2011, 07:12 AM
I agree that bikini tops are out of character as well. Seems to me that flowing robes were the traditional garb of the era....not walking around nude.

I swear I will never understand you Germans, what with your strong economy and all :)

Darth Pain
08-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Medusa and AoD are both very cool pieces. I can't see spending 600 on medusa though. I might grab an AoD from SSC when it goes up. I was going to get the kit but, it's only $50 cheaper. I guess it only costs $50 for the workers to put it together and paint it.

rychehitman
08-17-2011, 07:15 AM
Good point there

ratchet
08-17-2011, 07:16 AM

Some of Sideshow's product doesn't even have Sideshow's name on it! (Hulk Comiquette Ex.)

Kane009
08-17-2011, 07:33 AM
I agree that bikini tops are out of character as well. Seems to me that flowing robes were the traditional garb of the era....not walking around nude.

From Wiki - Ancient Olympic Games:
"The athletes usually competed nude, not only as the weather was appropriate, but also as the festival was meant to celebrate, in part, the achievements of the human body. "

I swear I will never understand you Germans, what with your strong economy and all :)

The secret is efficiency. And a history of great engineering (Printing by Gutenberg, Computer by Zuse, Car by Daimler / Benz, Bicycle by Drais etc.)

rychehitman
08-17-2011, 07:37 AM
I swear Kane I almost mentioned the early Olympic games. Yes, male athletes competed naked... And also cornholed young boys as "training". .... But that has nothing to do with Medusa being portrayed topless as
opposed to traditional garb of the time.

Tony Coca
08-17-2011, 07:40 AM
I swear Kane I almost mentioned the early Olympic games. Yes, male athletes competed naked... And also cornholed young boys as "training". .... But that has nothing to do with Medusa being portrayed topless as

LOL.

Cornholed.

rychehitman
08-17-2011, 07:44 AM
http://www.classicsunveiled.com/romel/html/clothwomen.html

Kane009
08-17-2011, 07:48 AM

Perseus the Medusa-Killer by Benvenuto Cellini (1500-1571). Take a look at the body on the floor - no snake tail and bare breasts!:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-bXZHeQ8ZeVA/SakUb81lsCI/AAAAAAAABKE/-uYvtZ01wnw/s1024/DSCF8088a.jpg

This statue is located in the italian toscan capital Firenze.

rychehitman
08-17-2011, 07:49 AM
LOL.
Cornholed.

The title of this web page is priceless, lmao!

http://www.tailgatingideas.com/help-make-cornhole-an-olympic-sport/

johnclone
08-17-2011, 07:56 AM
lol, what?

Kane009
08-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Minoan Snake Goddess (1500 BC):
http://employees.oneonta.edu/farberas/arth/Images/ARTH209images/minoan/snake_goddess.jpg

rychehitman
08-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Maybe because Minoan Crete is singularly lacking in any artistically interesting sculpture, art historians have tended to single out the "Snake Goddess" for particular attention, causing us thereby to perceive it as being perhaps more important, and as occupying a more significant place, in Minoan culture than it warrants.

http://witcombe.sbc.edu/snakegoddess/crete.html

rychehitman
08-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Minoan Snake Goddess (1500 BC):
http://employees.oneonta.edu/farberas/arth/Images/ARTH209images/minoan/snake_goddess.jpg

Legend has it that people who ordered this AP are still waiting for the box.

johnclone
08-17-2011, 08:20 AM
:laugh: legend has it!

Bullseye
08-17-2011, 08:23 AM
Perseus the Medusa-Killer by Benvenuto Cellini (1500-1571). Take a look at the body on the floor - no snake tail and bare breasts!:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-bXZHeQ8ZeVA/SakUb81lsCI/AAAAAAAABKE/-uYvtZ01wnw/s1024/DSCF8088a.jpg

I have a 1/7th copy of that myself. Its a beautiful sculpt in person.

rychehitman
08-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Do you have a pic Bulls??

Kane009
08-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Maybe because Minoan Crete is singularly lacking in any artistically interesting sculpture, art historians have tended to single out the "Snake Goddess" for particular attention, causing us thereby to perceive it as being perhaps more important, and as occupying a more significant place, in Minoan culture than it warrants.

http://witcombe.sbc.edu/snakegoddess/crete.html

Please use quote signs, if you quote. I showed it only to demonstrate, that there is a long-long tradition for bare-breast APs.

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Legend has it that people who ordered this AP are still waiting for the box.

VS1976
08-17-2011, 08:35 AM

Really? I see a nude Medusa on that statue?:itsb: :penguin:

Kane009
08-17-2011, 08:36 AM
I have a 1/7th copy of that myself. Its a beautiful sculpt in person.

Indeed. And it's a benchmark for all the sculptors out there. And it's also interesting, that the artists at this time don't fear to show even male characters totally nude - in the zenith of the catholic church in a century of inquisition and witch hunt in all europe.

Nidgit
08-17-2011, 08:37 AM

Yeah . . . We all see it. Just that some of us have difficulty acknowledging it :p :D

Kane009
08-17-2011, 08:37 AM

I forgot a comma. No snake tail, and (with) bare breast!

johnclone
08-17-2011, 08:45 AM

His junk is pointing to it.

VS1976
08-17-2011, 08:46 AM
I forgot a comma. No snake tail, and (with) bare breast!

So does Arh get an apology? Where is that damn Tony C! :muahaha: :battherapy: :battherapy:

Collection King 13
08-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Really Tony?

Thats a sweet piece!

rychehitman
08-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Why the request for an apology? I hardly think the justification for a topless piece has been proven historically accurate. He'll if you are going to justify the bare breasts based on the pictures shown then you have to admit the entire idea of her lower half being snake like is completely inaccurate.

None of which is the point.

smartartist
08-17-2011, 09:21 AM
Wow... I'm kind of new to the whole forum thing but I'm wondering how many of the people giving nitpick or negative feedback across all these ARH threads are actually artists who have either put faith in their their craft, started their own business, had a decent level of success with absolutely no mistakes or learning curves along the way? P.s. I write this as I'm turning in for the night, so I'll clean up any rotten eggs and tomatoes in the morning if necessary ;)

VS1976
08-17-2011, 09:28 AM
Wow... I'm kind of new to the whole forum thing but I'm wondering how many of the people giving nitpick or negative feedback across all these ARH threads are actually artists who have either put faith in their their craft, started their own business, had a decent level of success with absolutely no mistakes or learning curves along the way? P.s. I write this as I'm turning in for the night, so I'll clean up any rotten eggs and tomatoes in the morning if necessary ;)

I personally think most of the negative remarks are people who want an reaction from others? Aside from the non box delivery issues, some of them haven't even purchase from ARH. It's astounding how this has translated in the last few weeks.

rychehitman
08-17-2011, 09:33 AM
I agree. The haters will always hate...but it's nice to have debates with fellow appreciators of the medium. (of which I consider some here to be real masters :) )

Kane009
08-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Why the request for an apology? I hardly think the justification for a topless piece has been proven historically accurate. He'll if you are going to justify the bare breasts based on the pictures shown then you have to admit the entire idea of her lower half being snake like is completely inaccurate.

None of which is the point.

Due to this fact I have ordered now an ARH Medusa 1/7 LEGGED and bare-breast statue! :D

rychehitman
08-17-2011, 10:06 AM
there is a version with legs as well?

Kane009
08-17-2011, 10:08 AM
there is a version with legs as well?

The 1/7.

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA%202009/MedusaLegs_m%20%282%29.jpg

rychehitman
08-17-2011, 10:17 AM
well, if you are happy with that purchase then I am happy for you Kane!

nbr3bagshotrow
08-17-2011, 10:19 AM
The 1/7.

http://www.arhstatues.com/USA%202009/MedusaLegs_m%20%282%29.jpg

I've got the topless one with the snake body. I'll have to admit Arahom does great boobs.

rilynil
08-17-2011, 10:21 AM
I personally think most of the negative remarks are people who want an reaction from others? Aside from the non box delivery issues, some of them haven't even purchase from ARH. It's astounding how this has translated in the last few weeks.

Quoted for truth.

rychehitman
08-17-2011, 10:25 AM
for Lou:

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/B3smileys/medusa.gif

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 10:49 AM

I think it's astounding that people want to give money to other people acting like A-holes. Have I been over the top a little in these threads, sure, but guess what? How I act and what I say doesn't have anything to do with convincing people to buy something from me. I get the notion "buy what you like, who cares who makes it!" mentality, I just happen to disagree with it. For god's sake, the guy is talking **** about other producers now, and not just forum folks and buyers, and you guys think that's okay? Isn't that exactly what you are complaining about people here doing?

Averone:

"You do not have to worry about ARH Studios. Worry about Hard Hero, Gentle Giant as they do not have contracts with Sideshow. We are riding high above them!"

That was said within the last 6-12 hours. Do you guys really think that's cool? Does that really sound professional. It sounds more to me like they are making enemies all over the board, just because that guy can't shut his mouth longer than it takes to type this post.

VS1976
08-17-2011, 10:58 AM
I think it's astounding that people want to give money to other people acting like A-holes. Have I been over the top a little in these threads, sure. I admit that, but guess what? How I act and what I say doesn't have anything to do with convincing people to buy something from me. I get the notion "buy what you like, who cares who makes it!" mentality, I just happen to disagree with it. For god's sake, the guy is talking mad **** about other producers now, and not just forum folks and buyers, and you guys think that's okay? Isn't that exactly what you are complaining about people here doing?

Averone:

"You do not have to worry about ARH Studios. Worry about Hard Hero, Gentle Giant as they do not have contracts with Sideshow. We are riding high above them!"

That was said within the last 6-12 hours. Do you guys really think that's cool? Does that really sound professional. It sounds more to me like they are making enemies all over the board, just because that guy can't shut his mouth longer than it takes to type this post.

So what Test? Are you going to let that get over you for something he wrote on another forum. Why bring that up here to get more reaction from others? Yah, I get the point you and some other don't like Arahom or his associates on how they conduct their business. You must have mentioned that at least 2 to 3 dozens time on multiple threads, is that really neccesary?

The point is you are trying to stir up something that its being said over & over again. If you don't like Arahom or his associates, move on.

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 11:06 AM
So what Test?

I stopped reading there. You just want to run defense and pretend the rest doesn't happen. :laugh:

VS1976
08-17-2011, 11:12 AM
I stopped reading there. You just want to run defense and pretend the rest doesn't happen. :laugh:

There is no defense for their actions by why do you need to make it worst then it has to be?

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 11:14 AM
There is no defense for their actions by why do you need to make it worst then it has to be?

It's not like I'm making **** up, regardless of where the information is coming from. I seem to remember bringing a quote over earlier, and your question was, "where did you pull that from?" So apparently, it was information that even YOU were interested in.

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 11:16 AM
And as to why even show it, because I think people should know what's being said BY the company in question. Is it entertaining? You bet, but I show it because it is so absurd to act like that when you are representing a company, and those who plan to toss down up to 600 bucks, might like to know the type of company they are dealing with.

VS1976
08-17-2011, 11:17 AM
It's not like I'm making **** up, regardless of where the information is coming from. I seem to remember bringing a quote over earlier, and your question was, "where did you pull that from?" So apparently, it was information that even YOU were interested in.

No, I just wanted to know if it was made up or not Test. Some people do slander others for no apparent reason.

testsubject25
No, I just wanted to know if it was made up or not Test. Some people do slander others for no apparent reason.

Hey man, I'm the resident reporter, not liar. :laugh:

VS1976
And as to why even show it, because I think people should know what's being said BY the company in question. Is it entertaining? You bet, but I show it because it is so absurd to act like that when you are representing a company, and those who plan to toss down up to 600 bucks, might like to know the type of company they are dealing with.

This post by you speaks volume on your character. I will leave it as that.

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 11:20 AM
This post by you speaks volume on your character. I will leave it as that.

lol, because it's entertaining? Please, it's amusing when ANYBODY acts so absurd as this. Nice try though. A+ :laugh:

Kane009
08-17-2011, 11:28 AM
well, if you are happy with that purchase then I am happy for you Kane!

Thank you, very generous. The (female) part of the 1/4 Medusa is stunning of course, also compared to the 1/7, but the prize (for me ~$900) and the size let me hesitate to buy this one. Perhaps I will do later. :)

Kane009
08-17-2011, 11:43 AM
I think it's astounding that people want to give money to other people acting like A-holes. Have I been over the top a little in these threads, sure, but guess what? How I act and what I say doesn't have anything to do with convincing people to buy something from me. I get the notion "buy what you like, who cares who makes it!" mentality, I just happen to disagree with it. For god's sake, the guy is talking **** about other producers now, and not just forum folks and buyers, and you guys think that's okay? Isn't that exactly what you are complaining about people here doing?

Averone:

Yes, of course it's funny to watch this self-destruction in slow-motion, but for me it's not worth to get steamed about this market crier. I will continue ordering products from ARH, IF they attract me and have a good value for me. It is ridiculous, that this guy, who is involved only with his money and no creativity, has the biggest mouth. But you can find them in every company...
Just ignore him, or I begin to believe that you have the need for a punching bag.
I hope, Arahom will recognize this soon and fire this buffoon and come back to SF.

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 11:49 AM
Yes, of course it's funny to watch this self-destruction in slow-motion, but for me it's not worth to get steamed about this market crier. I will continue ordering products from ARH, IF they attract me and have a good value for me. It is ridiculous, that this guy, who is involved only with his money and no creativity, has the biggest mouth. But you can find them in every company...
Just ignore him, or I begin to believe that you have the need for a punching bag.
I hope, Arahom will recognize this soon and fire this buffoon and come back to SF.

If I need a punching bag, I have a wife... JUST KIDDING GUYS GOSH CHILL OUT! :penguin:

bad joke aside,

Nah, I totally agree dude. I'm sure all of this is as good as dead.
**** gets heated for a few days, they say dumb stuff, people get mad, I report the news like Nancy Drew on a clue hunt, VS tries out for a job, and it's all over. :laugh:

MONSTER
08-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Ego is going to end up costing ARH their Sideshow distribution deal. Now he's taking shots at Hard Hero and Gentle Giant? Each time I think Averone can't possibly make things worse for ARH, he proves me wrong.

Ink
08-17-2011, 12:01 PM

of course....he's HoldyourfireVS

ARH can do no wrong :smokin:

Bullseye
08-17-2011, 12:26 PM
At this rate ARH will be distributing SS.

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 12:30 PM
At this rate ARH will be distributing SS.

Not gonna lie... I had to catch the spaghetti I was eating, with my hand. Thanks... :laugh:

rilynil
08-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Yah, I get the point you and some other don't like Arahom or his associates on how they conduct their business. You must have mentioned that at least 2 to 3 dozens time on multiple threads, is that really neccesary?

It's not necessary at all. At some point, trashing ARH Studios has just become a sport. I like Arahom. He's been a member here for a long time. I wonder how many people actually read Arahom's thread announcing he was going to withdraw from the forum? Anyone who read it knows would realize that he showed no malice in it. He simply said that he came to the realization that he wanted to step away from this forum. Is that so bad that it warrants hundreds and hundreds of webpages of ridicule? No.

As for Averone, yeah, he needs to rethink how he comes across on the forums. But guess what? He hasn't posted anything here on Statueforum for weeks now because he's banned. Who should really care what he says elsewhere? Averone is not Arahom.

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Who should really care what he says elsewhere? Averone is not Arahom.

People care because if the self proclaimed interim company spokesman is saying something, he's representing the views of the company, whether he likes it or not. And it doesn't matter if it's read in The Times or The Post, what matters is the content and intent.

No, Averone is not Arahom, but they are both ARH.

Tired of the bad news and bad talk? I guarantee, once again, it will die off when ANY member of ARH goes 12 hours without saying something inflammatory.

Bullseye
08-17-2011, 01:29 PM
It's not necessary at all. At some point, trashing ARH Studios has just become a sport. I like Arahom. He's been a member here for a long time. I wonder how many people actually read Arahom's thread announcing he was going to withdraw from the forum? Anyone who read it knows would realize that he showed no malice in it. He simply said that he came to the realization that he wanted to step away from this forum. Is that so bad that it warrants hundreds and hundreds of webpages of ridicule? No.

As for Averone, yeah, he needs to rethink how he comes across on the forums. But guess what? He hasn't posted anything here on Statueforum for weeks now because he's banned. Who should really care what he says elsewhere? Averone is not Arahom.

Have a read what he said about the place elsewhere.

rilynil
08-17-2011, 01:30 PM
People care because if the self proclaimed interim company spokesman is saying something, he's representing the views of the company, whether he likes it or not. And it doesn't matter if it's read in The Times or The Post, what matters is the content and intent.

No, Averone is not Arahom, but they are both ARH.

Tired of the bad news and bad talk? I guarantee, once again, it will die off when ANY member of ARH goes 12 hours without saying something inflammatory.

I've not once seen Arahom even mention Averone. If he has, I haven't seen it or even heard about it.

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 01:32 PM
I've not once seen Arahom even mention Averone. If he has, I haven't seen it or even heard about it.

I haven't seen Arahom publicly denounce any of Averone's proclamations either.

rilynil
08-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Have a read what he said about the place elsewhere.

I did, that is, if you're talking about Drew's thread about Arahom not being able to "take the heat." That's where the piling on began, in my view. Yep, Arahom lost his cool a bit there, but I still don't believe that reaction warranted the constant avalanche of criticism heaped on his head.

boondocksaint
08-17-2011, 01:39 PM
I did, that is, if you're talking about Drew's thread about Arahom not being able to "take the heat." That's where the piling on began, in my view. Yep, Arahom lost his cool a bit there, but I still don't believe that reaction warranted the constant avalanche of criticism heaped on his head.

clearly others have different beliefs than you...

i think you shouldve been a mod neil you are very fair and level headed....unlike these other heathens ! :laugh:

Bullseye
08-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Why didn't he approach one of the mods who have helped him out in the past? Why did he feel the need to go over to a place known for its hatred of this place to have a go at the mods over there? If people knew how many times we went out of our way to help him out and to have all of that thrown in our faces. Anyway it seems every thread in the past few days have been going over old ground.

Fremen
08-17-2011, 01:43 PM
I like Ave. He's been nothing but nice to me and was right there to help me out when I had problems with my Cleo.

Bullseye
08-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Most people like Arahom. He is a nice guy but he hasn't helped himself.

boondocksaint
08-17-2011, 01:46 PM
I like Ave. He's been nothing but nice to me and was right there to help me out when I had problems with my Cleo.

well he doesnt like you....he thinks everyone is jealous of his collection...and if your collection and collection thread isnt as big as his...you have accomplished nothing in life :laugh:

rilynil
08-17-2011, 01:46 PM
Why didn't he approach one of the mods who have helped him out in the past? Why did he feel the need to go over to a place known for its hatred of this place to have a go at the mods over there? If people knew how many times we went out of our way to help him out and to have all of that thrown in our faces. Anyway it seems every thread in the past few days have been going over old ground.

I don't doubt the whole thing could have been handled differently. I hope the biggest driver of all this now is not the tired Statue Marvels vs. Statue Forum BS. If people here are criticized there, who cares? I've told the folks over there the exact same thing. Many times.

Fremen
08-17-2011, 01:50 PM
well he doesnt like you....he thinks everyone is jealous of his collection...and if your collection and collection thread isnt as big as his...you have accomplished nothing in life :laugh:

I was hurt by this until I saw painter / troublemaker above your avatar. :battherapy:

boondocksaint
08-17-2011, 01:51 PM
I was hurt by this until I saw painter / troublemaker above your avatar. :battherapy:

:laugh: :laugh:

no really havent you read ave's comments? he says everyones jealous of his collection

VaultMan
08-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Why close the last thread if this minutiae is gonna continue in this thread...:laugh:

Fremen
08-17-2011, 01:56 PM
I hate it when you guys use words I have to google.

VaultMan
08-17-2011, 01:57 PM

Fremen
08-17-2011, 01:57 PM

no really havent you read ave's comments? he says everyones jealous of his collection

I have read no such thing. If he said that I think

A) He was probably joking.
B) If english isn't his first language, jealous, isn't exactly the work he wanted.

VaultMan
08-17-2011, 01:59 PM

B) If english isn't his first language, jealous, isn't exactly the work he wanted.

Im sorry the other thread got closed. There were like a dozen examples of Averone quotes that were like so loaded with ego it defied belief lol

rilynil
08-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Why close the last thread if this minutiae is gonna continue in this thread...:laugh:

Minutiae is all there has ever been! :laugh:

VaultMan
Not ARH, Averone (allegedly)

VaultMan
Minutiae is all there has ever been! :laugh:

now THAT, my friend, is a :goodpost: lol

rilynil
08-17-2011, 02:01 PM
now THAT, my friend, is a :goodpost: lol

Fremen
08-17-2011, 02:01 PM
I have to look up that word after lunch...

Bullseye
08-17-2011, 02:03 PM
I have to look up that word after lunch...

small, precise, or trifling details

rilynil
08-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Well, I'm bowing out of the conversation for the rest of the day, because I'm going to see Evanescence in Nashville tonight! :thumbs2: Talk to all you good folks later! :)

Tony Coca
08-17-2011, 02:04 PM
So what are you girls still yamering about.

rilynil
08-17-2011, 02:05 PM
So what are you girls still yamering about.

YOU! ;)

ratchet
08-17-2011, 02:06 PM
clearly others have different beliefs than you...

i think you shouldve been a mod neil you are very fair and level headed....unlike these other heathens ! :laugh:

Here here!

boondocksaint
08-17-2011, 02:08 PM

he wasnt joking...

majestic1
08-17-2011, 02:25 PM
He seems very bitter about the whole thing judging by the comment he left on his latest youtube vid.

" Were did I go? Have you been sleep?

That place is for clowns, run by clowns! I am done with it! "

Bullseye
08-17-2011, 02:29 PM
Youtube? he has videos?

majestic1
08-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Yep he has vids of his collection on YT.

ratchet
08-17-2011, 02:45 PM
He seems very bitter about the whole thing judging by the comment he left on his latest youtube vid.

" Were did I go? Have you been sleep?

That place is for clowns, run by clowns! I am done with it! "

Which video?

Crossbonez74
08-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Yep he has vids of his collection on YT.

Do you have the link?

majestic1
08-17-2011, 02:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFXMOngMTjs

Someone in the comments section asks why he isnt at SF anymore

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 02:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFXMOngMTjs

Someone in the comments section asks why he isnt at SF anymore

hmmm, I will say that I think taking it to his youtube vids is over the line. If nothing else, his family and friends might view that stuff regularly, but that's just me. Who knew I had limits. :laugh:

Having said that, I don't think a lot gets "lost in translation" after hearing him.

And his response doesn't help, lol

I also don't know if I'd be showing off all of those "mass produced" custom 2k dollar marvel items, given his new position in the industry, but I don't know, maybe it doesn't matter.

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 03:08 PM
aaaaaand five minutes later.

"To all those friends who are from the SF, please dont believe what you read on SF
They take all my words out of context and use them against me. This is what they are good at and that is what SF will be known for, character assassination with extreme prejudice."

http://culturalfuel.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/picard-facepalm.jpg

VaultMan
08-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Unreal

Ink
08-17-2011, 03:23 PM
and people wanna give them money to support this? :smokin:

NWO SCUM
08-17-2011, 04:03 PM
I actually think Arahom and Averone are marketing geniuses. They secretly caused all this controversy; now more people are visiting the ARH section and talking about them then ever before. We are fools who fell for it. :hilarious:

Nitefall
08-17-2011, 04:27 PM
I actually think Arahom and Averone are marketing geniuses. They secretly caused all this controversy; now more people are visiting the ARH section and talking about them then ever before. We are fools who fell for it. :hilarious:

:laugh: We were all sucked in. http://i55.tinypic.com/2zog1zd.jpg

Ink
08-17-2011, 04:31 PM

visiting a section & and/or buying something are two different things

Tony Coca
08-17-2011, 05:12 PM
Lol. So now he's leaving comments on youtube. This guy is a laugh riot.

lukvader
08-17-2011, 05:51 PM

I mean that:
- Ave HAS a great collection ;)
- ARH is doing good statues
- ARH statues become too expensive, so they lose
many fans.And it at least has a taste of
moneymaking on the shoulders of the collectors.
- Arahom is a overall a nice guy, and he did well here
- Arahom did wrong on saying goodbye to SF
- I dont like the extreme price ups from Sideshow
also
- I wont buy much of them all therefore in the future
- I hope other companies come, grow and produce
reasonable priced statues instead

...so.. my opinion... noone really cares about.. ;)

Luminous
08-17-2011, 05:55 PM

Omg, you're right! We have all been had! :doh!:

VS1976
08-17-2011, 06:05 PM

He is joking. But some of these people take it so seriously!

Im sorry the other thread got closed. There were like a dozen examples of Averone quotes that were like so loaded with ego it defied belief lol

Heard of sarcasm? Its no ego! You guys read into things when he's joking around.

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 06:09 PM

Heard of sarcasm? Its no ego! You guys read into things when he's joking around.

My friend, you are straight up not telling the truth, and you know it.

boondocksaint
08-17-2011, 06:14 PM
lol

Ryu
08-17-2011, 06:14 PM
http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab127/wayde82/averone-1.jpg

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7710/576wk.jpg

Alex655321
08-17-2011, 06:37 PM
:hilarious:

boondocksaint
08-17-2011, 06:39 PM
:hilarious: :hilarious:

boondocksaint
08-17-2011, 06:40 PM
someone should super impose his face in the mirror lol

Luminous
08-17-2011, 06:44 PM

Really VS? Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself?

boondocksaint
08-17-2011, 06:46 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/40oz_laugh_in_tub.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4754)

testsubject25
08-17-2011, 06:48 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/40oz_laugh_in_tub.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4754)

:hilarious:

someone should super impose his face in the mirror lol

Terrible and fast, but CLOSE ENOUGH!

http://i.imgur.com/H8B6M.jpg

Tony Coca
08-17-2011, 07:59 PM
so what i miss.

nothing i see.

Nitefall
08-17-2011, 11:22 PM
so what i miss.

nothing i see.

Armored_Berserk
08-18-2011, 12:17 PM
I don't understand...why all this hate against ARH? It's getting ridiculous.

Big Hulk
08-18-2011, 12:29 PM
I don't understand...why all this hate against ARH? It's getting ridiculous.

Hey at least it gives Bowen a break right?! :D