PDA

View Full Version : Refund from Sideshow

madmanny
09-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Does anyone from the EU or internationally know the refund procedure e.g. when you want your money back from sideshow. I have never asked for my money back from them before.

cheers

Awesome
09-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Depending on the item and how damaged it is they will ask you to destroy it or send it back, if no replacements are available they will ask you if you want to keep the item and they will give you a partial refund.

jaguargod
09-03-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm sure that they will refund your money, provided the item is still in new condition and you are within the refund period. Of course, you may be required to pay return shipping.

madmanny
09-03-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah, i thought it would be slightly different for EU/international orders.
I thought they would most likely ask me to destroy it, i will find out tuesday

Dirt Torpedo
09-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Im in the UK and everytime I've had a problem I've had to destroy the item and send the photos as proof.

Once they have them I then got the option for a replacement or a refund. I usually go with a refund as It's a pain trying to claim the vat back on the replacement.

Only exception was when I had a problem with a 1:2 piece and they offered to collect it.

madmanny
09-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Cheers Dirt, that is what i thought would happen, looks like i will have to say goodbye to my alien warrior maquette next week.

Will have to still pay the vat Dirt ?

Dan_Lebou
09-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Im in the UK and everytime I've had a problem I've had to destroy the item and send the photos as proof.

Once they have them I then got the option for a replacement or a refund. I usually go with a refund as It's a pain trying to claim the vat back on the replacement.

Only exception was when I had a problem with a 1:2 piece and they offered to collect it.

When i had to destroy a piece i called Fedex and they cancelled the VAT bill before I had to pay it.

madmanny
09-03-2011, 04:36 PM
SO i just gotta phone them and say i had to destroy the piece and i shouldnt have to pay the bill

Dirt Torpedo
09-03-2011, 05:04 PM
When i had to destroy a piece i called Fedex and they cancelled the VAT bill before I had to pay it.

That's what I did and Fedex were really helpful.

Cheers Dirt, that is what i thought would happen, looks like i will have to say goodbye to my alien warrior maquette next week.

Will have to still pay the vat Dirt ?

SO i just gotta phone them and say i had to destroy the piece and i shouldnt have to pay the bill

Ring Fedex and tell them it's damaged. Sideshow will give you a code for the refund invoice. Fedex didnt even ask for it but they might.

Don't destroy it until Sideshow tell you.

Email the returns address on the main Sideshow site and they will tell you what to do. Usually takes a couple of days.

Vader
09-03-2011, 05:31 PM
what if its defective and you want to return it (don't want a replacement)? do they make you ship it back?

Dirt Torpedo
09-03-2011, 05:37 PM
what if its defective and you want to return it (don't want a replacement)? do they make you ship it back?

Yes and you've got to cover the shipping costs back to them.

Pretty much makes it a non-option.

madmanny
09-03-2011, 05:52 PM
cheers dirt

Dirt Torpedo
09-03-2011, 05:55 PM
No worries. :thumbs2: