PDA

View Full Version : Lower Torso

isculpt
07-03-2005, 08:42 PM
I recenlty started to sculpt my bust but i need help doing the lower torso, Mainly the abs and the rubs and how they should look. :banghead:

the nooch
07-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Nothing beats anatomy books. That is the best way to understand the muscles and bones. It is good to study the human form, nudes and such. There is a ton of reference on line I am sure. Burne Hogarth does the Dynamic Anatomy books they are good for muscular figures. The anatomy is, well, dynamic but the muscles are acurate and will give you a good idea of what to do. Hope that helps.

isculpt
07-04-2005, 02:57 AM
thanks nooch

Kdawg59
07-05-2005, 03:10 PM
what the nooch said... the only better thing than that is actual 3d reference. There are anatomical models out there for purchase and I am actually on a wait list until september for mine (Ray Villafane told me to get it)...

Even better than that is an actual live model. Not all of us have them though. I have been lucky enough to know a couple of cut up body builders at my gym that I have shot tons of pics of in various positions... That is 100% accurate because if you can get them in your sculpts pose it looks much more real than faking it!!!

The bottom line is use the web for as much as you can, muscle mags, 3d, 2d, everything except your minds eye... it will play tricks on you and this I promise to you looking back at my first works. they are ridiculous!

Bengalslair
07-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Kdawg,

which anatomical models would you suggest and where would you purchase them.

Kdawg59
07-05-2005, 08:21 PM
thank you Ray Villafane...

Rick here you go...

big time back order... but I will get mine eventually... I order version 1 months ago.

http://www.freedomofteach.com/products/prod_category.php?sect=products&pid=cat_anatomy

Bengalslair
07-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Thanks Kdawg gonna have to raid my piggy bank and go couch diving so I can get the extra change to get one.