PDA

View Full Version : attakus vader II worth it?

Jamesways
07-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Just curious for those who actually own it. I am thinking about plunking down the cash to get one off ebay. I already own a GG vader and absolutely love it, but like the look of the Attakus.

Is it worth the cash?
:inquisiti

Gruson
07-05-2005, 04:37 PM
It's a pefect statue of Vader. The only I think is better is the Attakus version 1. It costs more though.

The Vader II from Attakus is MUCH better than the GG Vader statue, which just looks funny IMO.

It originally cost $500 or so and the going price now is $750-$800 so it's still a good buy.

P1X4R
07-05-2005, 04:43 PM
i agree with gruson. this is a great piece which costs hundreds less than what the first one is going for.

Mini-Rock
07-05-2005, 10:31 PM
At the original price or less? Yes, the Attakus Vader II is worth it, but not what it's currently going for on the secondary market since the release of the GG statue or the upcoming SS Vader. As for which is better is a matter of opinion. The GG Vader's helmet is much more accurate than the Attakus Vader II (I was never happy with the helmet) but the sheer size of the Attakus Vader is impressive as well. Both have awesome paint apps, and both are in a great poses. If you can get Vader II at original MSRP, go for it; otherwise, stick with the GG Vader and if you decide you want one that's bigger, go for the SS Vader which will be the Ultimate Vader statue IMO. :)

cap70
07-05-2005, 10:38 PM
Just curious for those who actually own it. I am thinking about plunking down the cash to get one off ebay. I already own a GG vader and absolutely love it, but like the look of the Attakus.

Is it worth the cash?
:inquisiti

Like Gruson and P1X4R said very well, you simply can't go wrong with the Attakus Vader 2. It's a beauty. Worth every penny then some. The only thing better it's the Attakus Vader 1(expensive and hard to find, but worth every penny).
The GG Vader it's also a very fine statue(wich I also own), even tough it has some flaws(too big of a head and shoulder armor). But IMO, doesn't compare to the Attakus 2 . You can see even the lower helmet back screws in the Attakus.
If you have the cash, get it! You can find some decent deals on ebay.

Gruson
07-05-2005, 10:53 PM
I see P1, cap, and I are all in agreement yet again. :)

So which piece are we buying next boys?

The MR exclusive green clone helmet?

:buttrock:

P1X4R
07-05-2005, 11:32 PM
i'm all over the starwarsshop MR exclusive!! that's definitely on my list! the big question is when they'll put it up for pre-order. also don't forget that if you're a hyperspace member you'll get 5 days to order in advance above everyone else!

cap70
07-05-2005, 11:40 PM
Ok, so we got the Alien bust(mine just arrived today! A-w-e-s-o-m-e!)
We got Arnie(and his hair! :laugh: ) and the AT-AT SE on pre-order. What else?
It's getting expensive hanging out with you boys! lol

P1X, you are not alone on the MR exclusive. :)
And we need to convince Gruson to get the "little guy". Show him, P1X. :D

Gruson
07-05-2005, 11:58 PM
Yup, my Alien should be here tomorrow. Finally!

Arnold and his real hair (I am telling my friends that BTW) will be here in 3 weeks....this is one that will probably be my favorite piece in my collection.

My two MR Luke Elites arrived today (Numbers 9 and 10!!!)

I will order the SWS Exclusive too...hell, I have the blue and red ones coming so why not.

AT-AT in a couple of months....sweet....

I also have 4 more 1/4 figures coming in within a week (Luke, Freddy, Kirk (I got him cheap), and Van Helsing (won it)).

Now...what is this little guy you speak of????! :) I cannot spend anymore money!!!

P1X4R
07-06-2005, 12:01 AM
LOL. the "little guy" is the Medicom exclusive mini Vader. i also have the mini Boba Fetts from ESB and ROTJ. they are must haves for fanatical collectors like us! :laugh:

P1X4R
07-06-2005, 12:03 AM
we'll show you pics when we get ours. here's my little Bobas. look at post #20 and #21.

http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=11379&page=2&pp=10

Gruson
07-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Ahh....the little medcom Fett. Nice.

I looked at them and actually want some of the smaller ones for my office/desk.

That Fett is very impressive.

I always liked this picture:

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/getnood/now/Graphics/jpeg/Kubrick/Star-Wars/bobacoll.jpg

cap70
07-06-2005, 12:14 AM
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/vinyl1.jpg

:buttrock:

I will keep him on my desk also. Good chatting buddy. :D

vaderlover
07-06-2005, 01:18 AM
At the original price or less? Yes, the Attakus Vader II is worth it, but not what it's currently going for on the secondary market since the release of the GG statue or the upcoming SS Vader. As for which is better is a matter of opinion. The GG Vader's helmet is much more accurate than the Attakus Vader II (I was never happy with the helmet) but the sheer size of the Attakus Vader is impressive as well. Both have awesome paint apps, and both are in a great poses. If you can get Vader II at original MSRP, go for it; otherwise, stick with the GG Vader and if you decide you want one that's bigger, go for the SS Vader which will be the Ultimate Vader statue IMO. :)
i have see both in toy store...IMO,GG version can't compare with attakus version,not only the size,some scale problem of GG vader's :the shoulder is too big and teh cap is allin right side,it's not look too good at left side,that means:the shoulder is too big,it make vader look a little bit "shorther",and when you look at it at right side,it's amazing,but when you look at it at left side....it's look not too good.... :buttrock:
the other problem is ;when you put it compare with GG chewbacca,and c3p0,that's non scale in the same statue line(??)
all we are waiting for the SS vader,and hope to see it personally.
if you can afford the attakus vader 2,buy it now ! :laugh:

Jamesways
07-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Hmmm, some good points. Man, I am really starting to justify 800 bucks to myself...

Hate to bug you guys, but might someone have some pics from different angles of him? Just really have only seen the main front on shots.

Thanks guys.

Sniper
07-06-2005, 08:25 AM
MAn I wish I had the 800 bucks for that statue.

Mini-Rock
07-06-2005, 08:43 AM
You should be able to find it for less. My buddy Dan was selling his for $600 not too long ago, so he could upgrade to the GG Vader. I'll shoot him an email to see if he still has it and at that price.

Gruson
07-06-2005, 08:46 AM
My buddy Dan was selling his for $600 not too long ago, so he could upgrade to the GG Vader.

Upgrade??? That's a downgrade for sure.

If he has them for $600, please let us know! Thanks.

Sniper
07-06-2005, 09:28 AM
I can see there are flippers in disguise already wating with anticipation 4 one at $600

Mini-Rock
07-06-2005, 09:33 AM
Upgrade??? That's a downgrade for sure.

If he has them for $600, please let us know! Thanks.

Not according to him. "Upgrade" was the word he used when he said he would be selling his Attakus pieces in favor of GG. His younger brothers call them "Crap-ttakus. LOL! Personally, I really don't consider one to be absolutely better than the other. Both companies, ultimately, do great work, and I think anyone should be proud to collect from either (or both) lines.

Sniper
07-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Not according to him. "Upgrade" was the word he used when he said he would be selling his Attakus pieces in favor of GG. His younger brothers call them "Crap-ttakus. LOL! Personally, I really don't consider one to be absolutely better than the other. Both companies, ultimately, do great work, and I think anyone should be proud to collect from either (or both) lines.
that is not what I was actually referring to when I placed that comment, it could be that quote or it could be information that was given to me regarding certain people here.....

Just that certain people will claim they want it for there collections, to later discover after you sell them a piece at a good price it on ebay going for a much higher $$$$$$$....for that I would just sell it myself and get the extra $$$. IT is okay to help people out with pieces, I do it all the time, just know which ones would honor the unwritten rule, NEver flip a piece after you tell a collector it is for your collection, get a good deal on it and the resell sell it for the Cash.. :mad:

Gruson
07-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Right.

I think you will be very happy with the Vader II piece.

You may also want to look at Sideshow's Vader. It should also be very nice.

Jamesways
07-06-2005, 10:59 AM
Yeah, I am really just looking for the best vader sculpt out there as of yet. Like I said, I do like the GG, very dynamic. But the attakus just looks like classic vader.

Gotta admit, not a fan of the sideshow one. I don't care for cloth goods too much. I'd rather have a scultped cape.

Gruson
07-06-2005, 11:21 AM
If you want the best sculpted Vader, it is Attakus for sure.

Have you have seen the recent Sideshow Vader pictures? Vader looked awful at first but I think he looks great now. They corrected a lot of the issues I had with him. He will be around 22 inches too. NICE.

http://img211.exs.cx/img211/7050/snapshot002436mj.jpg

http://img211.exs.cx/img211/8909/snapshot002542ol.jpg

P1X4R
07-06-2005, 12:03 PM
this piece has progressively improved since the prototype pictures were first shown. my only problem (except in this bottom photo) are with his arms. they seemed a bit lacking from another picture i saw. i'm sure we'll be impressed once it's finalized. wow, 22"! i hope cinemaquettes gets a SW license. that'll be the end for all of us! hehe.

speedracer
07-06-2005, 12:30 PM
That's purty cute..=)

P1X4R
07-06-2005, 12:33 PM
Hate to bug you guys, but might someone have some pics from different angles of him? Just really have only seen the main front on shots.

Thanks guys.

here ya go.

cap70
07-06-2005, 12:34 PM

Downgrade for sure. Maybe he needed money and used "upgrade" as a "cheap" excuse.

P1X4R
07-06-2005, 12:36 PM
more..

cap70
07-06-2005, 12:37 PM
If you want the best sculpted Vader, it is Attakus for sure.
[/IMG]

Amen. And I hope SS will be the best mixed media Vader. :buttrock:

Jamesways
07-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Thanks P1X4R- those pics are great!
YOU ROCK!

cap70
07-06-2005, 12:40 PM
But the attakus just looks like classic vader.

Yes, the Vader that we all remember and grew with.

Mini-Rock
07-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Downgrade for sure. Maybe he needed money and used "upgrade" as a "cheap" excuse.

LMAO! Um...yeah, that's it! ;) LOL!

WOW! Judging from the posts, it looks like Attakus collector's have a hard time accepting that someone might actually prefer another statue line. Let's not take it personal and get defensive boys; it's just a statue. :D

I'll be sure to let you know, James, when I hear from him. :)

vaderlover
07-06-2005, 01:32 PM

WOW! Judging from the posts, it looks like Attakus collector's have a hard time accepting that someone might actually prefer another statue line. Let's not take it personal and get defensive boys; it's just a statue. :D

...it just a statue,but for all collectors,the most important thing is : high quality product,over 100+ products in every month in the market,i just want to spend money on good items...that all! :laugh:

cap70
07-06-2005, 01:37 PM

Nah...I don't collect lines, I collect characters. ;)
I collect Attakus, SS, GG, Bowen, MR, Cinemaquettes and others. I buy what I like, doesn't matter which line it comes from. If it's good, then I'm all for it.
Attakus just happens to make the best Vaders out there. They made the Vaders exactly like we all remember. If you prefer GG "mixed" Vader, then hey, whatever floats your boat.

Gruson
07-06-2005, 01:38 PM
I have nothing against GG and I am not always in favor of Attakus either.

I will buy the best quality and most accurate statue that is released. I do not care who makes. Like cap and P1, I have to have the best and right now, that is the Attakus Vader.

vaderlover
07-06-2005, 01:48 PM
I have nothing against GG and I am not always in favor of Attakus either.

I will buy the best quality and most accurate statue that is released. I do not care who makes. Like cap and P1, I have to have the best and right now, that is the Attakus Vader.
i'm also collecting GG maquette and mini bust,preorder the SS vader ,code 3 items,....also medicom 12" star wars...etc :laugh:

Mini-Rock
07-06-2005, 05:43 PM
Sounds good Gruson and Cap. :D

boondocksaint
07-06-2005, 05:53 PM
i seen them both in person...vader one blows 2 away...if youre going to spend that kinda cash hold out a little while longer...save a few more pennies...and go for vader 1!

Jamesways
07-13-2005, 09:33 AM
ok, got my Vader II last night. What an incredible piece! Blew me away when I first took it out of the box. Got a great deal on it too.
This, for me, is the ultimate vader. Granted I have yet to see Vader I in person yet, but this is the image I think of when I think of vader. Makes my GG look like a small toy.

@Mini-rock- I have to say I feel the opposite about the helmetS than you do. Something always bothered me about the GG one, just didn't quite look right IMO, especially from the front angle- certain angles, it just looked off to me. The Attakus looks as close to perfect as you can get.
I can't believe I ever hesitated to get this. Thanks again for the great pics guys, really swayed me in the right direction.

Now, bring on vader I!

P1X4R
07-13-2005, 10:18 AM
congrats Jamesways! it's one of my favorite vaders.

Mini-Rock
07-13-2005, 11:44 AM
ok, got my Vader II last night. What an incredible piece! Blew me away when I first took it out of the box. Got a great deal on it too.
This, for me, is the ultimate vader. Granted I have yet to see Vader I in person yet, but this is the image I think of when I think of vader. Makes my GG look like a small toy.

@Mini-rock- I have to say I feel the opposite about the helmetS than you do. Something always bothered me about the GG one, just didn't quite look right IMO, especially from the front angle- certain angles, it just looked off to me. The Attakus looks as close to perfect as you can get.
I can't believe I ever hesitated to get this. Thanks again for the great pics guys, really swayed me in the right direction.

Now, bring on vader I!

Congrats on your new aquisition Jamesways. Glad you are happy with it. :)

vaderlover
07-13-2005, 01:13 PM

Now, bring on vader I!
hi,how much you bought it? :p

Jamesways
07-13-2005, 01:18 PM
700. Not bad compared to some ebay prices. It's worth it.

Thanks for checking for me too mini-rock.

Gruson
07-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Congrats James,

It is a VERY nice piece. It's a level above GG Vader for sure.

Jamesways
07-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Congrats James,
It is a VERY nice piece. It's a level above GG Vader for sure.

NO KIDDING! :buttrock:
On that note... uh, anyone wanna buy a GG Vader?
:laugh:

vaderlover
07-14-2005, 12:19 AM

$700..it's a good price,in japan,the retail price is 68000 yens(about us$600),but all sold out...now,at yahoo japan auction,it's now about 93000 yens -130000 yens(about us$820-1150....)
:) :) :)

Skulpturen
07-14-2005, 07:14 AM
Worth it? I say no... wait for SIDESHOW's Vader! :buttrock:

bruceb
07-14-2005, 07:28 AM

good price. paid 750 on mine. It's the second best Vader, only behind the Vader number one from attakus. The sideshow it's ok, but attakus much better and full sculpted, don't look like a doll like sideshow vader.

Skulpturen
07-14-2005, 07:31 AM
good price. paid 750 on mine. It's the second best Vader, only behind the Vader number one from attakus. The sideshow it's ok, but attakus much better and full sculpted, don't look like a doll like sideshow vader.

Yes my favourite is Attakus 1 too.
Actually I like the mixed media on the SS version. Plus it will have some light up features. And don't forget it's only half the price.

bruceb
07-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Yes my favourite is Attakus 1 too.
Actually I like the mixed media on the SS version. Plus it will have some light up features. And don't forget it's only half the price.

don't like statues with cloth, prefer sculpted.
sideshow is half the price, but bigger numbers and less money to assemble.
fabric is cheap

Jamesways
07-14-2005, 07:49 AM
don't like statues with cloth, prefer sculpted.
sideshow is half the price, but bigger numbers and less money to assemble.
fabric is cheap

I feel the same. Rather have a sculpted cape. I chuckled at someone's post on another board "Cloth is reserved for dolls". Tis a bit judgemental, to each their own, eh? :)
The sideshow's helmet looks great!

RichardW
09-01-2005, 03:48 PM
I just got my Vader 2 today. :eek: What an amazing piece of art. One question: how do you get the lightsaber to look good? When I put it in, it's way out of line with the hilt in Vader's hand. Any suggestions?

Jamesways
09-01-2005, 04:12 PM
Richard, mine was a bit crooked as well. I did manage to find an angle that it appears to be pretty straight, lots of turning, checking, etc. Plus, I muscled it in a bit.

RichardW
09-01-2005, 04:28 PM
I started trying that as well. It looks good if viewed from one angle, bad from another. I guess once he's in a case on the shelf, I'll pivot him to the right angle. :laugh:

Regardless of this minor problem, it's an amazing piece. I don't know how Sideshow will be able to top this Vader. After seeing his cape, I'm hard-pressed to see how a cloth cape could look any better. I want more Attakus now. To paraphrase C-3P0, I'm doomed. :redface:

cap70
09-01-2005, 09:21 PM
I don't know how Sideshow will be able to top this Vader. After seeing his cape, I'm hard-pressed to see how a cloth cape could look any better. I want more Attakus now. To paraphrase C-3P0, I'm doomed. :redface:

My toughts exactly. Congratulations on this awesome piece, and now that you got bitten by the Attakus bug, your wallet shall never be the same again! muhahahahahahaha :eplus2:

RichardW
09-01-2005, 09:44 PM
You see now why I need to sell my Aliens Queen Signature statue. :)

RichardW
09-01-2005, 09:48 PM
Does anyone have their Vader 2 in a case? I measured and it looks like a 14x14x20 will work for him. It's $85.19 at casesforcollectibles.com.

Exar Kun
09-02-2005, 05:36 AM
Vert nice statue indeed. The Vader 1 is better of course due to the pose and with 2 storm at each side, PERFECT!

I aggre with what has been said: these are full statue. I really like the SS one, but I really want to see with my eyes if the fabric will match the detail of the sculpt. 5 square inches of fabrics doe sont look like 2 square feet of fabric. I am very curious to check it as weel as the Obi-wan (Attkus, why can't you do another Obi-wan with better head sculpt?) :)

cap70
09-02-2005, 06:32 AM
Does anyone have their Vader 2 in a case? I measured and it looks like a 14x14x20 will work for him. It's $85.19 at casesforcollectibles.com.

I have my Vader 1 in a case, purchased also from CFC. I believe it's 15" x 14" x 19". It looks awesome on a case. I'm also working on some name plates that I will put inside some of my cases.
Put yours on a case, it deserves and it will look even better. ;)

Skulpturen
09-02-2005, 10:00 AM
now that you got bitten by the Attakus bug, your wallet shall never be the same again! muhahahahahahaha :eplus2:

That's why I stayed away from Attakus ! :laugh:

Will get SS Vader exclusive.

But that Attakus Vader 1 is soooo cool... :banghead:

vaderlover
09-02-2005, 11:35 AM
I have my Vader 1 in a case, purchased also from CFC. I believe it's 15" x 14" x 19". It looks awesome on a case. I'm also working on some name plates that I will put inside some of my cases.
Put yours on a case, it deserves and it will look even better. ;)
would you post some pictures of the vader 1 and 2 in collector case?thank you!! :p :p :p

cap70
09-02-2005, 06:27 PM
would you post some pictures of the vader 1 and 2 in collector case?thank you!! :p :p :p

Again?????
It didn't change ya know. He still in the same pose.
And I said Vader 1 on a collectors case. I sold my Vader 2 3 days ago. (Thank God, one statue less for people to ask for pictures! Now you ask for Richard, Gianco, P1X and Jamesways! :D )

Gianco
09-02-2005, 06:49 PM
You sold your Vader 2? Why? :thumbsdow :bawling: If you ever plan to get rid of your Vader 1, just PM me meu amigo! :laugh: I know you'll never sell that piece!

cap70
09-02-2005, 06:54 PM
You sold your Vader 2? Why? :bawling: If you ever plan to get rid of your Vader 1, just PM me meu amigo! :laugh: I know you'll never sell that piece!

He was boxed, no place to be displayed...sad... so I decided to sell him. I'm pretty sure he found a happy shelf somewhere. :laugh:
Nah, Vader 1 is going to the grave with me, never will sell this piece! :)

Gianco
09-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Now Cap don't hate me, but we need to see your Vader 1 in the acrylic case! PICS! FOTOS! :laugh:

cap70
09-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Happy???? :banghead:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/vader1case.jpg

P1X4R
09-02-2005, 07:19 PM
ta-da! very nice pic cap!

elwood49
Wow! :buttrock:

Gianco