PDA

View Full Version : Mark I Limited Edition Collectiable Figurine Conform!!

ilikethat
10-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Good news for Iron Man fans!

We are pleased to announce that we will be relaunching the Iron Man – Mark I Limited Edition Collectible Figurine, bringing to fans with more movie-accurate and newly developed head sculpt with our latest sculpting and painting technique, as well as more value-added accessories!

Besides, we have noted that there are counterfeit Mark I figures in the market, so here is a kind reminder for fans to pay special attention to it!

Please stay tuned with us for update and show your support for the authentic collectible products!

premium_substit
10-03-2011, 06:30 AM
Oh man, that is sweet.. Just for that Hot Toys, I will buy your hall of armour :D

ilikethat
10-03-2011, 06:36 AM
thats their ultimate plan to sellout more hall of armour:D

dino76m
10-03-2011, 06:39 AM
hecked the prices on ebay , i think lowest is 800$, and ya someone had started posting fake one pictures of mark 1 on facebook, and i think its just to counter that, so proto pictures might still be a while away
BTW highest is 1860$ ...

premium_substit
10-03-2011, 06:52 AM
I may buy their MK V now too.. jk, was already going to get that :tongue: it just looks so sweet like a kit someone has custom built with the BD and all

This 1 (MK1) will be new and improved.. that portrait definitely needed updating.. It will look amazing, even if someone wants to use it as a mech and put someone else in there :D

It is one I had to go back and get so I'm not complaining, it had been hinted at for a while now so we're a little desensitized to it..

i do feel for ppl like Fremen though, I know this was 1 she considered 1 of her pride.. but still, original is original..

Plus counterfeiters have mssed things up, they did that to wolverine, though the face paint app etc pales in comparison (1 of my favourites)

demonhunter
10-03-2011, 06:56 AM
See, I told you. I have been watching this on the horizon for a long time. Hot Toys would be fools not to rerelease Mark I. Yay for everybody!!! ^^

You don't have to pay USD750 for a Mark I anymore. ^^

Plus this new one from HT is brand new and with improvements. Woo-hoo!
MMS 80 IRON MAN - 12 inches MARK I collectible figure $700 to $750
http://hottoyspricelist.blogspot.com/

ilikethat
10-03-2011, 07:00 AM
i see remake of avp predator in my crystal ball....

:D :D

premium_substit
10-03-2011, 07:02 AM
See, I told you. I have been watching this on the horizon for a long time. Hot Toys would be fools not to rerelease Mark I. Yay for everybody!!! ^^

Yep you told us from that interview

I also think that recent hall of armour pic with MK I in there was a hint or confirmation

This "counterfeit" business is simply conveniant timing for them to announce it (but also good of them - stopping them in their tracks and letting the fans know the new version is on the way)

modus
10-03-2011, 07:02 AM
They'll charge 250 for this I bet.

premium_substit
10-03-2011, 07:03 AM
There is also a remake of Robocop on the way.. there have been more than enough hints and even a flyer (though not from HT)..

oh man, what they could do with Robocop with the new skills they've aquired..

coolest cyborg figure ever :D

ilikethat
10-03-2011, 07:04 AM
There is also a remake of Robocop on the way.. there have been more than enough hints and even a flyer (though not from HT)..

oh man, what they could do with Robocop with the new skills they've aquired..

coolest cyborg figure ever :D

Really?! :drooling:

premium_substit
10-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Really?! :drooling:

man i can't find a good picture on google, but it was this flyer:

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/gallerypictures/30674L.jpg

The flash is covering the sentence at the bottom, but it says Hot Toys will have robocop figures in 2012..

My theory is Hot Toys had to go to MGM to renew their contract/get the license, and MGM announced it even though they weren't supposed to (it's not that they weren't supposed to - but MGM were jus trying to promote what Robocop products were on the Horizon since it is their property)

This plus, some communities "Affiliated" with hot toys have asked several times if people would want to see a robocop remake (also polls), and even posted robocop teaster images for no apparent reason (especially 1 who only posts if it's of some [future] relevance)

Also, hot toys have said they're revisiting 1 old license

So all of this together to me = YES, we will see Robocop re-released and it will have insane detail.. perhaps a DX version

Freak_Zombie
10-03-2011, 07:43 AM
ohhh nice! I'd love a re-release of the robocop hot toy! Thanks for the info! To be honest a big part of me hopes they only re-release the elder predators and maybe the ancient predator! Lol, those are the only ones I'm missing and some of the other preds while really good deals I still paid above retail for 'em.

I do however think that hot toys is slowly killing themselves. It'll come to a point no collector would wanna buy their figures anymore in fear that a better one would be re-released.

dino76m
10-03-2011, 10:21 AM
i dont agree, but re relasing better ones , at least a lot of people can get new ones if they missed out old one, also most probably it will bring back the fun of actually playing with these figures, right now most treat it as gold and are concerned as soon as theres a small fade or something, this way consumers can actually play with their figures and if damaged or broken can get a new one at retail or lower prices ,
also another point is most people bought itmes even if they werent interested in a line because they think that its value will simply increase in future without actually having an interest in the line,
i have passed on several lines like captain amaerica ( no head sculpt), sucker punch, avatar(visible joints), spiderman 3 , resident evil lines.and am glad now i did, instead of jumping on bandwagon like many others and stocking 2-3 of each in hopes of flipping, i actually have bought only one figure twice mark 4 , one to play with and other is kept MIB , so i can display it one day, Hopefully with prices not increasin i can actually get 2 of each toys in future..

ilikethat
10-03-2011, 10:39 AM
i dont agree, but re relasing better ones , at least a lot of people can get new ones if they missed out old one, also most probably it will bring back the fun of actually playing with these figures, right now most treat it as gold and are concerned as soon as theres a small fade or something, this way consumers can actually play with their figures and if damaged or broken can get a new one at retail or lower prices , also another point is most people bought itmes even if they werent interested in a line because they think that its value will simply increase in future without actually having an interest in the line,
i have passed on several lines like captain amaerica ( no head sculpt), sucker punch, avatar(visible joints), spiderman 3 , resident evil lines.and am glad now i did, instead of jumping on bandwagon like many others and stocking 2-3 of each in hopes of flipping, i actually have bought only one figure twice mark 4 , one to play with and other is kept MIB , so i can display it one day, Hopefully with prices not increasin i can actually get 2 of each toys in future..

:itsb::itsb:

you actually play with it:confused:

modus
10-03-2011, 11:14 AM
They're too fragile to play with. :laugh:

testsubject25
10-03-2011, 11:31 AM
ha, this is great! With HT, if you hold out, you'll get an improved version and not have to pay a fortune.

docmario
10-03-2011, 11:50 AM
HT..when u gonna make "victoria secret" project Iron man? i wanna see pink Iron man? :laugh:

ilikethat
10-03-2011, 11:56 AM
ha, this is great! With HT, if you hold out, you'll get an improved version and not have to pay a fortune.

:thumbs2: :thumbs2:

there will be many haters if they got the first

premium_substit
10-03-2011, 11:59 AM
:thumbs2: :thumbs2:

there will be many haters if they got the first

and for the people who paid $1800

goodstatuecollector
10-03-2011, 12:03 PM
good news! : )

ilikethat
10-03-2011, 12:04 PM
and for the people who paid $1800

I can understand how they feel:dork:
would have been mad if it was me:psycho:

premium_substit
10-03-2011, 12:06 PM
I can understand how they feel:dork:
would have been mad if it was me:psycho:

Yep could have gone a nice vacation and bought 1 on the way home :D

If something is really valuable and unique I don't think a company should re-release it, at least not the same version

but.............. I am happy it is getting released :D

premium_substit
10-03-2011, 12:07 PM
good news! : )

28 posts and a member since 2005.. when this guy posts, you better believe it's valuable and for a reason.. when this guy says it's good news, it must be good news

ilikethat
10-03-2011, 12:12 PM
HT..when u gonna make "victoria secret" project Iron man? i wanna see pink Iron man? :laugh:

:dork: :dork:

i see bikinis :vortex:

XMAN
10-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Reason why I will never pay secondary market prices.....
I'm happy though cause it does help me get my hands on them and not treat it like gold...it's no fun when you treat them like some frail might brake in your hand piece.....

testsubject25
10-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Reason why I will never pay secondary market prices.....
I'm happy though cause it does help me get my hands on them and not treat it like gold...it's no fun when you treat them like some frail might brake in your hand piece.....

:thumbs2: Yep, I'm going to strap bottle rockets to mine and relive the scene. :laugh:

Yeah, it sucks if you dropped 1K on this in the secondary, BUT people should know by now that if HT sees one of their pieces raking in a ton of cash on Ebay, they're going to do a rerelease of some sort.

modus
10-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Hot Toys will make money where money is to be made. They don't really care about the secondary market.

XMAN
10-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Hot Toys will make money where money is to be made. They don't really care about the secondary market.

They are a flippers nighmare :vortex:

modus
10-03-2011, 01:37 PM
They are a flippers nighmare :vortex:

I don't flip but it's rare for me to keep one for longer than a year or two. I don't trust that these figures hold up and they usually are coming out with a better version eventually. For example, we'll get a whole bunch of new Iron Men after Avengers and Iron Man 3.

PureInvasion
10-03-2011, 06:51 PM
sweet can't wait. Missed it the first time around

Tobor64
10-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Always regretted canceling my pre-order when this came out. Very happy to have a second chance at possibly a better engineered figure.

ilikethat
10-03-2011, 11:38 PM
I don't flip but it's rare for me to keep one for longer than a year or two. I don't trust that these figures hold up and they usually are coming out with a better version eventually. For example, we'll get a whole bunch of new Iron Men after Avengers and Iron Man 3.

:iagree: :hilarious:

Titanchuck
10-04-2011, 03:05 AM
this is excellent news i was just about to pay a stupid high price for one yesterday

docmario
10-04-2011, 03:44 AM
to all fairness i agree that HT shud make another Mark I for those who missed out on him. Big congrats guys!!
But i feel that HT abuse too much power on their movie liscence. Isnt it enough alrdy Iron man out there?

ilikethat
10-04-2011, 05:24 AM
to all fairness i agree that HT shud make another Mark I for those who missed out on him. Big congrats guys!!
But i feel that HT abuse too much power on their movie liscence. Isnt it enough alrdy Iron man out there?

they will never be done with it, seens it the only way to get more $$$$ in their pocket

:deadh:

best news from hottoys this year:D

docmario
10-04-2011, 06:13 AM
they will never be done with it, seens it the only way to get more $$$$ in their pocket
:deadh:

best news from hottoys this year:D

very true..and congrats dude!! i think i might get this one..we ll see if the price is right

ilikethat
10-04-2011, 08:08 AM
very true..and congrats dude!! i think i might get this one..we ll see if the price is right

use to had the markI, but luckly i sold it. the price will be around $250+ me guess :D

premium_substit
10-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Hot Toys saved us alot of money.. I may have a drink on them this weekend

testsubject25
10-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Hot Toys saved us alot of money.. I may have a drink on them this weekend

:laugh: and a drink for 20 of your closest friends with the cash they saved us.

premium_substit
10-04-2011, 10:12 AM

:D Exactly.. That was nice of them :D

This is a big one to save on

Mannequin
10-04-2011, 11:17 AM
I was going to quit hot toys already, but with this news I'm keeping the whole set , mark I new version, mark 2 unleashed version, mark 3 battle damage, mark 4 gauntry set, mark V Nuff said, mark 6 same thing..

ilikethat
10-04-2011, 11:21 AM
I was going to quit hot toys already, but with this news I'm keeping the whole set , mark I new version, mark 2 unleashed version, mark 3 battle damage, mark 4 gauntry set, mark V Nuff said, mark 6 same thing..

:buttrock::buttrock:

and we will be seeing many more iron man for sure from the new movie :D

Titanchuck
10-04-2011, 01:13 PM

Very true:laugh:

Titanchuck
10-04-2011, 01:16 PM

Now that's line up:buttrock::buttrock:

Fremen
10-04-2011, 02:17 PM
I'm starting to hate hot toys. They're reminding me of Neca.

So sorry I bought the first Mark 1, mark 2, Jack Sparrow, etc, etc, etc.

testsubject25
10-04-2011, 03:11 PM

Did you get the Mark I on the secondary for a crazy price? If so, I'd certainly understand your point.

JM28Cardiff
10-04-2011, 06:16 PM

Why's that, have they changed since you bought them?

Its like hating Ford for not sticking with the model T!

Vracula
10-04-2011, 06:43 PM

model T was the shizz.

XMAN
10-04-2011, 06:52 PM

I see your point......though it is a great product.....it does lose a bit of its desirable effect since whatever you may have collected will sooner or later be re released .....

Fremen
10-04-2011, 07:18 PM

Because there will never be anything special about collecting Hot Toys. There's no release you can truly be proud of like a sideshow release for example.

I do love hot toys. Think they're great fun and look really good. What I don't like is the 'should I get this or wait for the next better one' that will no doubt come out because they now crank them out like Neca toys.

I also don't think they are worth the price they are asking these days if they make a million of them. If they were still around 130, sure. Remember, they are dolls. :stick:

modus
10-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Because there will never be anything special about collecting Hot Toys. There's no release you can truly be proud of like a sideshow release for example.

I do love hot toys. Think they're great fun and look really good. What I don't like is the 'should I get this or wait for the next better one' that will no doubt come out because they now crank them out like Neca toys.

I also don't think they are worth the price they are asking these days if they make a million of them. If they were still around 130, sure. Remember, they are dolls. :stick:

I like to have a clean looking display. I keep my hot toys in two detolfs. Whenever I see a new one I like I sell off one of the old ones because I know Hot Toys will probably come out with another version of it.

I'm sure there will be at least three version of the Christopher Reeve Superman over time.

Fremen
10-04-2011, 09:01 PM
I guess that's my problem. I've never sold a piece from my collection. I know one day I'll have to sell it all, like when I lose my job. It's just nice to know that you can get your money back when you have to sell. If they make multiple versions of everything, that won't happen.

docmario
10-04-2011, 09:05 PM

:goodpost::iagree:

ilikethat
10-05-2011, 12:21 AM
bitter sweet during re-release:)

demonhunter
10-05-2011, 06:34 AM
I like to have a clean looking display. I keep my hot toys in two detolfs. Whenever I see a new one I like I sell off one of the old ones because I know Hot Toys will probably come out with another version of it.

I'm sure there will be at least three version of the Christopher Reeve Superman over time.

When Hot Toys cranks out a newer improved version of an older figure, it makes it hard for me to sell off the older version. Unless I sell it cheap. Anyhow, most people would want the newer one with 'improvements'.

derekrodneysim
10-05-2011, 07:52 AM

WORD! :cool:

XMAN
10-05-2011, 08:41 AM

All True........totally agree.......

testsubject25
10-05-2011, 08:45 AM

You sound more angry about this from a financial side than a collector's side. And if you don't think this CAP is worth 160 dollars, then there's no changing your mind. Granted, most are in the 220s.

http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2011/images/sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_6.jpg

As far as the doll debate goes, It's a short leap from premium format "figure" with clothes, accessories, and light up action, to "doll". :)

Did you buy Mark I on the secondary? I only ask because you're now at this statement, when not long ago, you were in this frame of mind:

Hot Toys are just so much fun and look so amazing. I can't believe how they nail the likeness on so many of their figures.

They're addicting too.

I'm not playing "gotcha", I'm genuinely curious where the change came from. :)

I'll say this too, even though HT has some issues from time to time, I worry about HT's having issues, literally, 90% less than my SS items.

One last thing, and I'm just using this as an example, we may eventually get a SS Nicholson Joker PF, but it won't come close to this.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/HotToys_Batman_Joker_PR21.jpg

I collect both statues and 12 inch. Statues wow with size, 12 inch wow with detail. I guess it just depends on how much crap you're willing to put up with from both companies.

premium_substit
10-05-2011, 09:01 AM
I collect both statues and 12 inch. Statues wow with size, 12 inch wow with detail.

That's pretty much how I see it

I'll say this too, even though HT has some issues from time to time, I worry about HT's having issues, literally, 90% less than my SS items.

This too (more-so I can rely on HT to meet if not exceed the prototype - very rare in this industry)

Fremen
10-05-2011, 01:24 PM
You sound more angry about this from a financial side than a collector's side. And if you don't think this CAP is worth 160 dollars, then there's no changing your mind. Granted, most are in the 220s.

http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2011/images/sdcc2011_sideshow_hottoys_6.jpg

As far as the doll debate goes, It's a short leap from premium format "figure" with clothes, accessories, and light up action, to "doll". :)

Did you buy Mark I on the secondary? I only ask because you're now at this statement, when not long ago, you were in this frame of mind:

I'm not playing "gotcha", I'm genuinely curious where the change came from. :)

One last thing, and I'm just using this as an example, we may eventually get a SS Nicholson Joker PF, but it won't come close to this.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/HotToys_Batman_Joker_PR21.jpg

I collect both statues and 12 inch. Statues wow with size, 12 inch wow with detail. I guess it just depends on how much crap you're willing to put up with from both companies.

No. I only paid around 130.00 for my Mark I. I won't ever pay a lot for a hot toys figure.

Good point, I am not too happy about the finacial dive these guys take. Just being honest. I do like to know I can sell for at least what I paid for if I lose my job. That's the only time I'd sell.

I said that before I saw that they were rereleasing everything that sells good on the secondary market.

I still find them totally addicting and lots of fun but re-releasing figures just doesn't sit well with me.

I'm not too upset about statues being rereleased because they are a static pose and look a lot diff from the original release.

These, minor tweeks hear and there and yes, improvements for sure, but to feed the cash cow.
I kind of feel like they're milking collectors. They are a business so I guess I should be able to understand this but I don't like it.

They should do the best they can on the first one and move on. There are lots of other characters to do, like Loki for example instead of just pumping out the same thing. Narrow minded.

ilikethat
01-01-2012, 12:22 AM
http://389800_10150445419767344_58690437343_8796504_1791955813_n[1]

Geoffrey
01-01-2012, 01:39 AM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/389800_10150445419767344_58690437343_8796504_1791955813_n.jpg

I'm in for it... And still... It's true Hot Toys is releasing multiple "versions" of one single character, but so what? I think the price of the real first Iron Man Mk 1 Hot Toys will stay pretty high (not as high as it is now okey, but still...).

I'm not collecting for such a long time so i don't know for sure, but the most Hot Toys characters i see keep their value or go higher after a certain amount of time... So i really don't see the problem in this. :) In the end you also have to say that it's a great opportunity for peoples who couldn't buy the first one... And for the peoples who payed 1000 dollars for it, ... okey they're screwed, but you could have seen this coming...

demonhunter
01-01-2012, 02:10 AM
This is my 2nd chance.:thumbs2:

joy_division
01-01-2012, 02:36 AM
not for me.

The only suit, along with IRon monger that I didn't like

gilesw
01-01-2012, 03:42 AM
I unloaded mine straight after the reissue was announced.

Not a good Tony head sculpt on the original. Obviously hoping for much better now.

I have to say that the original piece turned an unexpected and unlikely profit.

ilikethat
01-01-2012, 04:04 AM
will wait for the full preview and see if they will add any kicka$$ base

Mannequin
01-01-2012, 12:09 PM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/389800_10150445419767344_58690437343_8796504_1791955813_n.jpg

Re-Peainted by LALLA the Original Body same mold New head , new paint application.. bam! 200$ or more!

jye318
01-01-2012, 06:30 PM
I will say around $300, Ht price is getting crazy....

Titanchuck
01-01-2012, 11:38 PM
I will say around $300, Ht price is getting crazy....

That's what I was thinking about 299.99 that's why they mentioned Who the custom paint was by to try and justify the price

joy_division
01-02-2012, 12:27 AM
That's what I was thinking about 299.99 that's why they mentioned Who the custom paint was by to try and justify the price

it was done by a teletubby? :thinking: I always wondered what they did post-TV career

How do they paint something so small with such large hands?! :peoples:

Jerseydevil
01-02-2012, 12:28 AM
I was bummed I never picked this up when it came out. Just happy to be getting a second crack at it.

Titanchuck, what Planet Hulk sculpt is that in your avatar?

Jerseydevil
01-02-2012, 12:28 AM
it was done by a teletubby? :thinking: I always wondered what they did post-TV career

Good call. Lol. I would have been really impressed if perhaps Lalla would have collaborated with Tinky-Winky or any of the Tele-tubbies.

joy_division
01-02-2012, 12:58 AM
It certainly does look like it is real metal

Strange to think the original was only around $165

Titanchuck
01-02-2012, 03:45 AM
I was bummed I never picked this up when it came out. Just happy to be getting a second crack at it.
Me too I'm very excited about the re release of the mark I
Titanchuck, what Planet Hulk sculpt is that in your avatar?

1/4 Custom World War Hulk in my collection

Jerseydevil
01-03-2012, 08:28 PM
1/4 Custom World War Hulk in my collection
That's a beautiful piece. Thanks for the info.

Titanchuck
01-04-2012, 11:33 AM
That's a beautiful piece. Thanks for the info.

Thanks no problem:thumbs2:

Titanchuck
01-04-2012, 11:34 AM
I check the site everyday looking fo this preorder

Darth Pain
01-05-2012, 07:19 PM
I might just get this get this. It might be the first HT to stay on my shelf.

demonhunter
01-12-2012, 11:54 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/395170_10150468679072344_58690437343_8890259_1432535322_n.jpg

Exclusive Mark I comes with a mini hologram figure of Mark I. Cool? :)

Skullbocks
01-13-2012, 01:01 AM
Looks awesome, I cant wait for this to be released.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b86/skullbocks/397200_277867055608625_138228759572456_846428_990929313_n.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b86/skullbocks/398477_277866862275311_138228759572456_846420_1430492289_n.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b86/skullbocks/396424_277866992275298_138228759572456_846425_619172590_n.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b86/skullbocks/402544_277866975608633_138228759572456_846424_720139900_n.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b86/skullbocks/405503_277867018941962_138228759572456_846427_1072167924_n.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b86/skullbocks/394166_277866685608662_138228759572456_846414_2026743913_n.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b86/skullbocks/380086_277866525608678_138228759572456_846411_1102098358_n.jpg

joy_division
01-13-2012, 01:09 AM
looks like they haven't revisited the face. Shame

derekrodneysim
01-13-2012, 01:21 AM

Good call. Lol. I would have been really impressed if perhaps Lalla would have collaborated with Tinky-Winky or any of the Tele-tubbies.

:hilarious: :hilarious:

I heard Tinky Winky moved to San Francisco?

:confused2

Titanchuck
01-13-2012, 01:29 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b86/skullbocks/396424_277866992275298_138228759572456_846425_619172590_n.jpg

Old portrait
http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt145/TitanChuck/iPad/54ee3c23.jpg

derekrodneysim
01-13-2012, 01:35 AM
28 posts and a member since 2005.. when this guy posts, you better believe it's valuable and for a reason.. when this guy says it's good news, it must be good news

:laugh:

Or maybe he just had very very VERY poor internet connection?

:laugh:

wookster
01-13-2012, 05:41 AM
Full spec-

Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0) Limited Edition Collectible Figurine from the Iron Man movie. The movie-accurate Mark I collectible is highly detailed, specially made with our latest technology, crafted based on the image of Mark I in the movie, highlighting the newly developed and highly detailed head sculpt, well-equipped armor specially painted by remarkable Korean artist Lalla, specially-made accessories, weapons and figure base.

For those who missed the Mark I collectible figure before, here’s the chance to grab an updated version!

Please refer to the attached photos and spec below for your reference.

Hot Toys - MMS168 - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0) Limited Edition Collectible Figurine Specification

~ MMS Series ~

The 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0) Limited Edition Collectible Figurine specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mark I, featuring the likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in the Iron Man movie
- Approximately 12 inches / 30 cm tall
- Over 36 points of articulations
- Steel-like painting armor
- Movie-accurate Tony Stark costume
- TrueType figure body inside Mark I armor (Mark I armor and figure body are inseparate)
- Helmeted head with raising face-plate revealing the face of Tony Stark
- Special features on armor:
- Light-up (white light) micro ARC reactor and light-up (red light) button on left forearm (battery operated)
- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair of fists

Weapons:

- Flamethrower implanted in wrist with extra flame-effected part

- Working forearm missile launcher

Accessories:

- Figure base featuring the scraps of weapons and stones from the Cave

- Figure stand with Mark I nameplate and movie logo

Special Edition:

- One (1) Holographic Mark I collectible (approximately 3 inches tall)

(This special edition is for selected markets only.)

Artists:

- Head Sculpted by KOJUN

- Armor Painted by Lalla

- Head Painted by JC.HONG

- Paint Art Directed by JC.HONG

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells (a total of 3 pieces) are required

Release date: Q3, 2012

TM & © 2012 Marvel & Subs.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_PR1.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_PR2.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_PR3.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_PR4.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_PR5.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_PR6.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_PR7.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_PR8.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_PR9.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_PR10.jpg

wookster
01-13-2012, 05:44 AM
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_PR11.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_PR12.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_PR13.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_PR15.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_PR16.jpg

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_SpecialEdition_PR1.jpg
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Album%203/Album%204/HotToys-IronMan-MarkI20LimitedEditionCollectibleFigurine_SpecialEdition_PR2.jpg

zimmermouse
01-13-2012, 09:20 AM
A must buy indeed, however I am a little concerned about the "new" and "improved" 2.0 pricetag!:bawling:

PureInvasion
01-13-2012, 09:55 AM
A must buy indeed, however I am a little concerned about the "new" and "improved" 2.0 pricetag!:bawling:

yup the price will make or break this piece for me but I am absolutely loving the previews

Mannequin
01-13-2012, 12:05 PM

300$ hunch

premium_substit
01-13-2012, 12:55 PM
This is looking nice!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/395170_10150468679072344_58690437343_8890259_1432535322_n.jpg

Exclusive Mark I comes with a mini hologram figure of Mark I. Cool? :)

Very cool :)

dino76m
01-13-2012, 03:11 PM
up for order through facebook right now , grab the ex , com on guys

Titanchuck
01-13-2012, 03:28 PM
It's up for preorder at sideshow site

dino76m
01-13-2012, 03:30 PM
right now the link is availbale only through facebook though , i think,

Titanchuck
01-13-2012, 03:32 PM
right now the link is availbale only through facebook though , i think,

Youre right I had to type in mark I at the sideshow website to find it if not for you I wouldn't have known it was up for order thanks

Skullbocks
01-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Thanks guys didn't know this was going up today. I got one ordered since I missed the first time the Mark I was sold.

dino76m
01-13-2012, 03:53 PM
i wasnt even around when they released the first version, i still need mark 3 and mech test, also hope they release a dx02 ver 2.0..

PureInvasion
01-13-2012, 03:55 PM
wow $219?! That was waaaaayyyy less than I was expecting. Definitely purchased

joy_division
01-13-2012, 05:24 PM
pass for me. Never liked this armour

Jokes-on-you
01-13-2012, 05:38 PM
got it way better than the first one

Jokes-on-you
01-13-2012, 05:39 PM
wow $219?! That was waaaaayyyy less than I was expecting. Definitely purchased

yeah SS needs to stick to the low prices:D

XMAN
01-13-2012, 07:22 PM
ordered and finally I can play with the first on that I have......

Darth Pain
01-13-2012, 07:31 PM
ordered
My first HT since the Joker DX. Maybe I'll actually keep this one. It looks phenomenal!
These are waterproof right? Scuba Steve needs a buddy during bath time. ;)

modus
01-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Easy buy. A must have for any iron man collector.

premium_substit
01-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Ordered. Great value. Maybe they will keep the batmobile reasonably priced afterall.

Webb
01-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Order too,flipping in a year. :)

robomorph
01-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Lol at all the old version Mark I's now flooding onto fleaBay. :copyc:

Such is life for Hot Toys collectors.

premium_substit
01-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Lol at all the old version Mark I's now flooding onto fleaBay. :copyc:

Such is life for Hot Toys collectors.

lol yeah as soon as it got announced on facebook I noticed the bay was flooded.. same with preator 1 b/c of the classic..

All I will say is at least they improve upon and change the sculpt.. not a simple palette swap :D

Vader
01-13-2012, 11:06 PM
the face looks better. but does the paint on the armor look different?

Darth Pain
01-14-2012, 02:00 PM
OpBetter start flipping all your predators that can still turn a profit. They'll remake those, too.

Titanchuck
01-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Lol sellers still want a premium price on eBay for their mark I

Jerseydevil
01-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Lol sellers still want a premium price on eBay for their mark I
I'd be pretty irritated if I owned Mark I (1.0).

I never ordered the first one, so I've already pre-ordered this for myself. I wonder what the flip-ability of this version will be in a year or two?

Starkarcman
01-21-2012, 05:58 PM
pre-ordered mine this will be my first hot toys i have been wanting to collect the iron man series of hoy toys but the original mark 1 was so expensive and i wasnt gonna collect them if i couldnt get the mark 1 the last time i check they wanted $1100 for the original mark 1 a few months ago! so im excited that they are relaunching it yay

testsubject25
01-21-2012, 06:04 PM
People need to get the idea of long term Hot Toys flips out of their head. There will typically always be remakes, rehashes, etc. HT isn't stupid. If something is going for double or triple what it cost when it came out, and the price stays constant or rises, they're going to do some type of 2.0. No sympathy.

demonhunter
01-22-2012, 01:06 AM
If there is enough demand and enough money to be made out of it, Hot Toys will release "improved" version of their previous products.

OCP
01-24-2012, 10:04 PM
Order too,flipping in a year. :)

Yeah, good luck with that.

PureInvasion
01-24-2012, 11:49 PM
People need to get the idea of long term Hot Toys flips out of their head. There will typically always be remakes, rehashes, etc. HT isn't stupid. If something is going for double or triple what it cost when it came out, and the price stays constant or rises, they're going to do some type of 2.0. No sympathy.

yup thats why with HT I don't even worry about the aftermarket. I buy the pieces I love and ignore the rest. If they reissue something I'll never buy a second version of it anyway so I'm not really worried

PureInvasion
01-24-2012, 11:49 PM
oh...and put my pre-order in today :D

Titanchuck
01-26-2012, 03:43 AM
HT store display
http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt145/TitanChuck/iPad/c2ed9998.jpg
http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt145/TitanChuck/iPad/b64405ef.jpg

Loops
02-18-2012, 03:34 PM
I pre-ordered today, my first ever figure from Hot Toys!

modus
02-18-2012, 03:39 PM
I pre-ordered today, my first ever figure from Hot Toys!

That's the start of a slippery slope.

Loops
02-18-2012, 05:28 PM
That's the start of a slippery slope.

:ignore: I'll try to ignore that comment ;-)

However, yes it could very well be! I may consider a few from Hot Toys in the future, but I'm in no rush (It depends on how good this one is). I have plenty of other statues (Non-sixth scale) on my wish list :P