PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat Prop Replicas

OuttaSight
11-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Im interested in hearing your thoughts on this. What types of things might you want ?

For those who arent familiar with prop replicas it would be things like actual full size weapons, masks, even a severed head.

antnie
11-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Would a severed head be classified as a 1:1 bust?

Sinister Mister
11-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Not really interested in owning replicas of the characters weapons. If somebody wanted sais for instance they could buy the real things already. I think the only things that would sell or that I would be interested in would be a replica of the MK logo dragon medallion an perhaps Scorpions spear. That's about it really.

Dreamland
11-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Not really interested in owning replicas of the characters weapons. If somebody wanted sais for instance they could buy the real things already. I think the only things that would sell or that I would be interested in would be a replica of the MK logo dragon medallion an perhaps Scorpions spear. That's about it really.

100% Agree. At first I was thinking "Awesome!", then I thought the only real weapon I would actually buy would be scorpions spear:o I actually can't think of any prop replicas that are worth owning and have a big influence in the game. Johnny Cages glasses? Wouldnt really buy those...and sub zero is my favourite character and he doesnt have a weapon...

Atheris
11-18-2011, 03:19 PM
I would buy prop replicas for sure. Only issue is, not every character has them. Kung Lao's hat would be pretty cool!

But the best prop replicas would obviously be their masks. The way I figure it though...if your gonna make their mask, might as well make the rest of the head to go with it. So we arrive again at making full scale 1:1 busts!...which I would be ALL OVER!

Can you imagine how cool a 1:1 scorpion, sub-zero, goro or baraka bust would look?!. It would be as if they came right out of the game. PLEASEEE...make it happen jerry!

Chris

Atheris
11-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Double post

Chris

Atheris
11-18-2011, 03:23 PM
100% Agree. At first I was thinking "Awesome!", then I thought the only real weapon I would actually buy would be scorpions spear:o I actually can't think of any prop replicas that are worth owning and have a big influence in the game. Johnny Cages glasses? Wouldnt really buy those...and sub zero is my favourite character and he doesnt have a weapon...

He has an ice sword ;)

Chris

Dreamland
11-18-2011, 03:54 PM
The ice sword isn't that relevant or a classic weapon worthy of a prop. He doesn't even use it in the first few games. It's not a special move either. It's never in any promo shots etc like the cover of the game, it's always been scorpions spear and sub zeros freeze. Subs sword is irrelevant. Its like doing a prop of the sword Neo has in the matrix, just not important.

However if Jerry could do a 1:1 crazy iceball that would be intense!!! Probably would get alot of attention and people would talk about it!!:buttrock:

loricstone
11-18-2011, 04:12 PM

So no one would like Kitana's Sai's (cant get those just any old place). What about Kano's awesome looking and well designed knives (can't get those designs any old place). What about Kung Lao's Hat (damn sure cant get that any old place)? Should I go on? Cause there is a bunch more that people really really overlook.

Dreamland
11-18-2011, 04:38 PM
I would buy Kitanas fans but have no interest in kanos little knives or Kung Laos hat. I would buy a 1:1 flying iceball though...that would be awesome

Sigep756
11-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Could you do energy weapons that light up? Like Nightwolf's tomahawks?

Kanji
11-18-2011, 04:44 PM
raptors knife would be kool

premium_substit
11-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Shao Kahn's hammer Jerry.. Shao Kahn's hammer..

http://images.wikia.com/mk/images/5/5e/Shao_Kahn.jpg

I think the people deserve to know I defeated Shao Kahn anyway

artofgarduno
11-18-2011, 10:45 PM
Scorpions spear.

Alucard
11-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Could you do energy weapons that light up? Like Nightwolf's tomahawks?

That's a great idea, you can also make jades staff light up too. I would definitely buy that. I would also buy all the masks and maybe a few weapons especially scorpions spear.

Atheris
11-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Shao Kahn's hammer Jerry.. Shao Kahn's hammer..

http://images.wikia.com/mk/images/5/5e/Shao_Kahn.jpg

I think the people deserve to know I defeated Shao Kahn anyway

Are you kidding, that hammer would be the size of a mini-fridge....:itsb:

I WANT ONE!!!

Chris

Drakul
11-19-2011, 02:33 AM
I can't really think of any prop replicas that are so iconic I'd want them...

jye318
11-19-2011, 04:23 AM
Statues is enough to pay already.....

premium_substit
11-22-2011, 06:46 AM
I think you will get some great ideas for this line a little down the track when the new movie (which has been announced/confirmed) gets released.. but I suppose that would be an entirely different license in itself.. not that I doubt it would be hard for you to get a hold of it once they see what cool MK-related stuff you pump out, in fact they'd probably want it out there

though.. when it comes to PCS I like the idea of original designs, so maybe not.. accurate, but original and unique ("refreshing")

I always liked the look of ("hand") props from movies such as Star Wars (Anakin) or Terminator where you see the human/robot hand.. I can see this working for either Sub-Zero or Raiden.. but the appeal to me is how super life-like they look, silicone skin, graphic flesh wounds, etc, so I'm not sure how practical that would be for this line.. with subz you could try to depict his frost transformation in his hand (like I said - super life-like, not cheesy, so this means plenty of skin too + plenty of bruising/discoloration and purple veins as the ice is flowing through to make it more visually lifelike/'eery').. with raiden, somehow make it look as though he is emitting lightning (the hand posture in a very "kinetic energy"-like stance to give it that vibe), or even the 2 hands with the energy/lightning between it if it could be done tastefully.. of course both of these would have to have had a bust prior to it, to add to the cool factor (and to tempt the completist :tongue: ).. even Jax who has the robotic arm (and you could have human traces/remains showing through), or 1 of the cybors (cyrax/sector) all messed up so you could see the button circuits/gadgets/wires.. anyway, just thinking out loud here

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/a/af/LukeHand.jpg http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1892/lukex.jpg

Anything that could show the mythological aspect of MK and the visually life-like aspect of MK/props I think would be ultra cool Jerry

like the busts.. just get 1 (any) out there.. see how it does (make the first one a project of love and limited run).. ure a man of challenges.. always helps to throw something (else) you enjoy into the mix/cocktail..

samhain81
11-22-2011, 07:25 AM
I would love a clear resin green Bow and Arrow, and maybe an Axe for Nightwolf. But only in CLEAR RESIN. Not a painted ice cream looking colour.

http://www.fdmk.net/gallery/encyclopedia/kombatants/nightwolf.png

OuttaSight
12-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Been thinking about weapons today..

They will all come on a very nice MK display stand.

I like Shao Khans Hammer and Scorpions Swords.

bebohawk
12-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Hey Jerry I know this are gonna be life size but have you consider something similar to the sideshow archive series they are not life size but they look really cool

GUILTY GEAR
12-04-2011, 11:18 PM
a full costume would be nice

Atheris
12-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Been thinking about weapons today..

They will all come on a very nice MK display stand.

I like Shao Khans Hammer and Scorpions Swords.

When can I PO :D

Chris

Atheris
12-05-2011, 01:22 AM
Hey Jerry I know this are gonna be life size but have you consider something similar to the sideshow archive series they are not life size but they look really cool

Tiny happy meal toys are for Mcdonalds :wink2:

Chris

OuttaSight
12-05-2011, 01:24 AM

They didnt sell very well.

Id have to stick to lifesize.

Atheris
12-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Jerry, what do you think of doing a prop replica of barakas arm, with blade extended?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110328182826/mk/images/thumb/e/ec/BarakaMK9VS.jpg/300px-BarakaMK9VS.jpg

Or Jax's machine arm

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110328184548/mk/images/thumb/3/39/JaxMK9VS.jpg/300px-JaxMK9VS.jpg

Chris

OuttaSight
12-05-2011, 01:43 AM
Jerry, what do you think of doing a prop replica of barakas arm, with blade extended?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110328182826/mk/images/thumb/e/ec/BarakaMK9VS.jpg/300px-BarakaMK9VS.jpg

Or Jax's machine arm

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110328184548/mk/images/thumb/3/39/JaxMK9VS.jpg/300px-JaxMK9VS.jpg

Chris

Both neat ideas.

Im going to test the water with either Scorpion swords or Shao Khan hammer....see how it goes.

But I wont start a sculptor on it until January.

I have 16 projects being sculpted right now

premium_substit
12-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Both neat ideas.

Im going to test the water with either Scorpion swords or Shao Khan hammer....see how it goes.

But I wont start a sculptor on it until January.

I have 16 projects being sculpted right now

Well then it's official, you have to do shao kahn's hammer and then shao kahn as the first bust :tongue: I think the hammer is way more iconic, and definitely has the cool factor

AstroWho
12-05-2011, 12:32 PM
I think Realistic Replica Masks on a nice Base would be big sellers.
Masks of Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Cyrax, Shao Kahn, etc....
Not sure if the other props would be popular unless they were Super Limited.

World Warrior
12-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Would anyone be interested in a Khan Hammer and mask set that are not only displayable but also able to use as cosplay?

Atheris
12-05-2011, 10:14 PM
The mask I would prefer on a 1:1 bust to be honest.

A 1:1 prop replica of his hammer I would buy without hesitation.

Chris

OuttaSight
01-21-2012, 06:02 PM
I got some prices back from the factory for the prop replicas.

What do y'all think of the following:

SubZero Klear Ice Sword on display stand $275 retail limited to 300 pcs

Shao Kahn Hammer on display stand $310 retail limited to 300 pcs

SARFARAZ
01-21-2012, 06:07 PM
Khan's hammer interests me a lot!! Price seems reasonable.

Atheris
01-21-2012, 06:24 PM

Sold

and

Sold

When can I pre-order?

Chris

GUILTY GEAR
01-21-2012, 06:35 PM
what about other characters weapons?

or just these 2 guys for now?

CelestaDragon93
01-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Shao Kahn's hammer is sweet! Prices are not bad too.

Skullbocks
01-21-2012, 07:20 PM

Those prices are very reasonable Jerry :thumbs2:

Andrew
01-21-2012, 07:21 PM

Scorpion's Spear would be cool. Not sure how you would do it, but that and Kahn's hammer would probably be the most significant.

Mileena's Sais, Kitana's Fans, Kano's sword...what other weapons are there?

madmanny
01-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Kung Lao hat FTW

MrYac
01-21-2012, 07:49 PM
Scorpion's Spear would be cool. Not sure how you would do it, but that and Kahn's hammer would probably be the most significant.

Mileena's Sai's, Kitana's Fans, Kano's sword...what other weapons are there?

eventually in the series everybody got a weapon, but i agree the actual items of any real significance are pretty limited

Atheris
01-21-2012, 07:55 PM
How about reptiles venom in a jar? lol

Chris

SARFARAZ
01-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Reptiles venom in a jar would be sweet!!! Lol how about jax's arms?

shinigami
01-21-2012, 08:00 PM
i would definitely interested in MK masks with a good stand display...scorpion, sub-zero, reptile etc. maybe scorpion mask accompany a kunai perhaps...

derekrodneysim
01-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Raiden's hat, Johnny Cage's shades, Baraka's arms? Not practical options. :laugh:

I think the prices are a tad high, but aren't all prop replicas around that price range already? :D

Just make it a high quality piece and it should sell well. The edition size is good.

OuttaSight
01-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Raiden's hat, Johnny Cage's shades, Baraka's arms? Not practical options. :laugh:

I think the prices are a tad high, but aren't all prop replicas around that price range already? :D

Just make it a high quality piece and it should sell well. The edition size is good.

Interestingly enough , Im not really familiar with what prop replicas are selling for. I just took the factory cost and extrapolated it to the retail price.

madmanny
01-21-2012, 10:33 PM
I actually think the price is fair.

Will the pieces be solid and heavy Jerry?

Atheris
01-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Jerry, honestly....I don't care what you put out for MK, I'm buying it all. Just don't take 10 years ok lol

Chris

Andrew
01-22-2012, 12:04 AM
What scale are we talking about?

premium_substit
01-22-2012, 12:45 AM

I would be in for the hammer, and I'm happy with the price:ES ratio

markuz30
01-22-2012, 01:39 AM
Hmmmm... How about jaxx robotic arm??? Or scorpion's and sub- zero's helmet??? Hehehe

Atheris
01-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Jerry, have you seen the work a member here (darb) has done on his own custom MK face masks?

They look awesome, and you can wear them. Now that I think of it, these would make great looking displays if they had a nice base to go with them. And every now and then when your alone in the house you can always put a mask on and pretend your scorpion lol

Check it out
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=121790

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/darb69/b3c68a1d.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/darb69/a4e5dc74.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/darb69/bbc414c3.jpg[/

Chris

rad0324
01-24-2012, 05:49 PM
I assume you are working on a 1:1 Shao Kahn Bust but I think you could also make just the helmet. Maybe to change it up you could make a bloody or a broken version too.

darb
01-24-2012, 06:43 PM
I think there is definetly a lack of really nice MK props or replicas that could be used for display and or wear. Thats a reason I decided to sculpt my own

premium_substit
01-24-2012, 08:02 PM
I assume you are working on a 1:1 Shao Kahn Bust but I think you could also make just the helmet. Maybe to change it up you could make a bloody or a broken version too.

Cool concept.. That first helmet looks really good.. If the bust is based on his incarnation of having a "bone" texture mask, then I think it would be cool to have a "MK2" (metal) helmet as a prop like the one above

Atheris
01-24-2012, 09:23 PM
I would prefer a bone mask for kahn. Looks more menacing.

The metal one almost looks like a Dr.doom mask.

Chris

rad0324
01-24-2012, 09:48 PM
I would prefer a bone mask for kahn. Looks more menacing.

The metal one almost looks like a Dr.doom mask.

Chris

The metal looking mask is the design from MK2 but in the game it is bone and not metal. I like the MK2 design better than the new design so if the bust is from the new game then I agree with premium_substit maybe the stand alone mask can be the MK2 design but bone like it is in the game. I think the metal design is just fan made.

Andrew
01-25-2012, 12:04 AM
I want mixed media...real bone! :confused2

Atheris
01-25-2012, 08:23 PM
How about scorpions drumb set prop?

http://steelcloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/tumblr_ky0xmtT7HN1qzwwtgo1_500.jpg

Chris

Andrew
01-25-2012, 11:07 PM
^^^
That is freakin' awesome! LOL!