PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat Busts

OuttaSight
11-18-2011, 02:01 PM
What sizes and which characters would you most like ?

antnie
11-18-2011, 02:25 PM
I am not super big into busts or mortal kombat( scorpion and sub zero only)
I love 1:1 bust

But like I said I am not a super fan of either.

Dreamland
11-18-2011, 02:43 PM
I would only buy a 1:1 bust :)

Scorpion, Sub Zero, Reptile and Raiden would be at the top of the list. Kano with light up red eyes, Kitana, and Baraka would also be awesome.

Kanji
11-18-2011, 04:06 PM
1:1 would be awesome with light up eyes

Atheris
11-18-2011, 04:07 PM
1:1 busts please!!!!!

Anything less is a pass for me.

I would like to see all the masked characters and the bosses!....the bad guys basically.

All earthrealm characters are pretty boring. Sonya, Jax, cage, Liu kang will just look like generic busts.

Chris

premium_substit
11-18-2011, 08:03 PM
1:1 busts all the way

Let's dream big :D

I would of course love to see the ninjas

But "gods" and "bosses" would be most epic at this scale.. Raiden (god) in your own room, or Goro (boss) in your own lair.. are you kidding me?

My all-time personal favourite to see as a 1:1 bust would be Shao Kahn.. picture the bone texture as a mask, the warrior-like ancient helmet with the "horns", and backing with the leather/bronze like texture, the red eyes (which if done tactful could be light-up..

http://images.wikia.com/mk/images/5/5e/Shao_Kahn.jpg

Jerry truth is I have quite a few choices I'd like to see as a 1:1, but I am sacrificing those for the suggestion I want most - Shao Kahn :D

Plus Shao Kahn has always been over-sized (bigger body that usual human), which makes him perfect for a bust

Ricky Bobby
11-18-2011, 08:07 PM
1:1 or nothing

ilikethat
11-19-2011, 12:12 AM
any mk that is wearing a mask, robot, monster would look much nicer then a human bust.

Alucard
11-19-2011, 12:16 AM
1:1!!!!! Would like to see the robots cyrax and sector, the monsters reptile baraka etc.. Kaball would look sick too. Maybe with the ninjas you can have the option to remove the masks. You can also do that with shao khan and kabal(especially with that scary ugly face) theres a lot of options here.

premium_substit
11-19-2011, 12:55 AM
any mk that is wearing a mask, robot, monster would look much nicer then a human bust.

Agreed.. monsters (bosses) and gods and ninjas would be the best :)

1:1!!!!! Would like to see the robots cyrax and sector, the monsters reptile baraka etc.. Kaball would look sick too. Maybe with the ninjas you can have the option to remove the masks. You can also do that with shao khan and kabal(especially with that scary ugly face) theres a lot of options here.

man that all sounds amazing.. I back up this guy.. Us MK fans, as they say, great minds think alike :D.. we know ho wmuch potential these characters have, fkn awesome designs

nexus
11-19-2011, 01:16 AM
1:4 :flash:

Atheris
11-19-2011, 01:26 AM
1:4 :flash:

:stick:

Chris

premium_substit
11-22-2011, 10:43 PM
I'd like a bust of any of the bosses really (Shao Kahn is preference)..

How about a 1:1 bust of Goro? I love 1:1 monster busts :D and I'd love to be up close to Goro (visually).. Also I think it would look amazing with real hair.. real hair can be cheesy, but if done right it can make it look just like a prop (think the life-size chucky etc) and add to that "monster"/horror vibe.. and you'd have past experience in executing this.. Goro is 1 I'd want with real hair, in fact I'd hate it if it was sculpted (on a bust), it is too long and prominent (the hair should look seperate to the bust and not just 1 piece, to give the illusion it is real and make it more lifelike)

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/4379/goroadi.jpg

that looks awesome !!

btw check out this Sideshiow/ADI video.. That goro in the background looks insane

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4108

premium_substit
11-22-2011, 11:15 PM
and btw as far as Shao Kahn goes, if you did do 1, how about adding the shoulder pads.. I think it would add a whole new dynamic and give it even more presence which a boss deserves:

http://www.scenicreflections.com/ithumbs/Mortal_Kombat_(2011)_-_Shao_Kahn_Wallpaper__yvt2.jpg

and possibly removeable bone face plate:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/Shao_Kahn_comic.jpg

John Tebias drew this for a comic.. but you could ask Ed Boon for a more accurate way of how he'd actually look (maybe he could have an artist draw you a concept pic which you could then include with the bust). Plus it would make the skull faceplate seperate to the face, again adding to the lifelike element.

That would instantly be one of the most visually interesting and dynamic comic-related busts on the market

Spazzy
11-23-2011, 12:12 AM
Personally I would only get a 1:1 Sub Zero, Scorpion or Reptile, but in original costume, sorry but hate the new costumes.

ColossusX
11-23-2011, 03:58 AM
:rolleyes2 Guys I am sorry to say but isn't 1:1 busts going to limit your display and make you need more space? I don't want to bring you all down but are the statues we keep in the boxes enough already? Besides if Jerry begins to create a new series of busts wouldn't you rather have as much as you can and from your favourite characters rather than one Scorpion or one Subzero or even Raiden or Goro? I believe it is more realistic to ask something that has a potential of being completed as a series and I think that SS's Legendary bust size is more than enough to represent a character in its full glory. And also the new system that they are about to follow same as the Commander Cody bust that gives one hand as well as a full torso is also another nice option. And finally affordable (well at least for me I would prefer spending 700$ getting 2 LSB busts rather than 1)

Thank you

Atheris
11-23-2011, 04:47 AM
:rolleyes2 Guys I am sorry to say but isn't 1:1 busts going to limit your display and make you need more space? I don't want to bring you all down but are the statues we keep in the boxes enough already? Besides if Jerry begins to create a new series of busts wouldn't you rather have as much as you can and from your favourite characters rather than one Scorpion or one Subzero or even Raiden or Goro? I believe it is more realistic to ask something that has a potential of being completed as a series and I think that SS's Legendary bust size is more than enough to represent a character in its full glory. And also the new system that they are about to follow same as the Commander Cody bust that gives one hand as well as a full torso is also another nice option. And finally affordable (well at least for me I would prefer spending 700$ getting 2 LSB busts rather than 1)

Thank you

First of all, if your limitations are money and space...then thats your problem and realistically not everyone is going to share your problem, myself included. Im part of the groupe that wants to see 1:1 busts from this line (which Jerry has confirmed are already being made anyway) including some large scale 1:3 or 1:2 statues some day.

Sorry, I just think your post came across as you elected yourself to speak on everyones behalf and reqesting Jerry to tailer make this line specific to your needs. Aint gonna happen shirley....:smokin:

Chris

ColossusX
11-23-2011, 05:24 AM
Sorry, I just think your post came across as you elected yourself to speak on everyones behalf and reqesting Jerry to tailer make this line specific to your needs. Aint gonna happen shirley....:smokin:

Chris

:drama: I don't want to argue with you mate, firstly because I don't know you and second because I don't understand your aggression.Lets take first things first.

1) I am not trying to take away your candy (1:1 scale busts) its an open market you are free to obtain whatever your pocket and your place can handle.

2) You should read posts more carefull, since in my post I just ask questions (I am not making statements) and each answer is different to the individual that reads it. I am not implying my opinion.

3)Am I requesting Jerry to make this line specific to my needs? When did I do that?

4) Last time I checked this was a forum that everyone is welcome to write his own opinion on the topic. Am I the one that speaks for everyone's behalf?

derekrodneysim
11-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Just make em great and we'll follow, Jerry.

Imagine a Baraka 1:1 bust! :vortex: :buttrock:

premium_substit
11-23-2011, 03:33 PM
There is 1 more thing I want to say about busts.. I think I will buy pretty much any MK product you release jerry lol.. even though I much prefer klassic, I am still delving into your 1:4 modern line out of love for the game and how well executed they are (basing it on Scorpion).. however, when it comes to 1:1 busts, I would only buy klassic.. I think busts should be timeless.. I don't know I could fork out for a 1:1 MK bust which could be outdated with the release of the next game.. but with a MK 1:1 klassic, it isn't even a matter of money, I'd just have to have it.

of course there are exceptions which still remain faithful to their old designs, but I wouldn't want the characters who have a unique outfit for just MK9

Gruson
11-24-2011, 02:40 AM
1:2 scale

OuttaSight
11-24-2011, 05:44 PM
I am only doing 1:1 busts. No smaller scales as they dont seem to sell very well.

Plus I want these to be detail crazy.

Atheris
11-24-2011, 07:44 PM
I am only doing 1:1 busts. No smaller scales as they dont seem to sell very well.

:buttrock: I can't wait!

Chris

Dreamland
11-24-2011, 07:47 PM

Yessss!

:jawd::jawd::jawd:

:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

Gruson
11-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Cool. I'll order some 1:1 MK busts for sure!

dechirico7
11-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Mileena in every format.
A 1:1 would scare the crap out of me.
She would have to have a removable mask.

premium_substit
11-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Any idea who we might see as a first release?

Atheris
11-25-2011, 08:36 PM

See post #353

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=119371&page=36

**edit**

Read your post wrong, thought you said "when".

Chris

OuttaSight
11-26-2011, 04:58 PM

Im open to suggestions.

Im not starting any of the new MK items until Jan 1st. Spending the rest of this year wrapping up everything else.

Dreamland
11-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Im open to suggestions.

Im not starting any of the new MK items until Jan 1st. Spending the rest of this year wrapping up everything else.

Since you started the 1/4 scale with Scorpion can you please start the 1:1 busts with Sub Zero? He is my favorite character and has a huge following, just as big as scorpion. In the new game his character is even used more than scorpion!

Atheris
11-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Im open to suggestions.

Personally, doesn't really matter to me because I'm going to buy them all. But if you asked me to choose I would want to see one of the bosses first.

Kahn
Goro
Motaro
Kintaro
Sheeva

Chris

Dreamland
11-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Just a suggestion Raiden would also make an awesome 1:1 bust, with his hat. I hope the shoulders are shown on the bust down the side, there's nothing more annoying than looking at a bust on the side and seeing massive "Slices" down the side with no detail on them!

:)

Atheris
11-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Agreed, these must have the shoulders/chest included!

If you make them like sideshows 1:1 T-800 bust I think many people would be let down and sales will suffer.

Chris

premium_substit
11-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Cool, then yeah as has been my sentiment too, I'm with Chris.. I would like to see a "monster" (boss) first.. also agree it should have at the very least some of the chest, and shoulders would be great

Of course, they could be expensive being so huge (that's what she said).. and I'm not sure how other people think.. but for me, I'd rather have one item I LOVE rather than 2 items I never use..

GUILTY GEAR
11-26-2011, 07:57 PM
1/1 bust all the way......:praying:

equi-nox76
11-27-2011, 07:14 AM
I would buy a Raiden 1/1 bust, that's all. Will look nice next to a Raiden 1/4 mixed media statue!

rad0324
11-30-2011, 08:49 PM
1:1 Shao Kahn for sure! I would buy it instantly.

premium_substit
12-09-2011, 01:15 AM
1:1 busts all the way

Let's dream big :D

I would of course love to see the ninjas

But "gods" and "bosses" would be most epic at this scale.. Raiden (god) in your own room, or Goro (boss) in your own lair.. are you kidding me?

My all-time personal favourite to see as a 1:1 bust would be Shao Kahn.. picture the bone texture as a mask, the warrior-like ancient helmet with the "horns", and backing with the leather/bronze like texture, the red eyes (which if done tactful could be light-up..

http://images.wikia.com/mk/images/5/5e/Shao_Kahn.jpg

Jerry truth is I have quite a few choices I'd like to see as a 1:1, but I am sacrificing those for the suggestion I want most - Shao Kahn :D

Plus Shao Kahn has always been over-sized (bigger body that usual human), which makes him perfect for a bust

and btw as far as Shao Kahn goes, if you did do 1, how about adding the shoulder pads.. I think it would add a whole new dynamic and give it even more presence which a boss deserves:

http://www.scenicreflections.com/ithumbs/Mortal_Kombat_(2011)_-_Shao_Kahn_Wallpaper__yvt2.jpg

and possibly removeable bone face plate:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/Shao_Kahn_comic.jpg

John Tebias drew this for a comic.. but you could ask Ed Boon for a more accurate way of how he'd actually look (maybe he could have an artist draw you a concept pic which you could then include with the bust). Plus it would make the skull faceplate seperate to the face, again adding to the lifelike element.

That would instantly be one of the most visually interesting and dynamic comic-related busts on the market

Hmm.. well it seems another company went three for three of things I mentioned.. red light-up eyes, removeable face plate, and even the john tabias portrait from the comic which I thought was obscure.. LOL if they read this forum.. doubt it.. I'm sure they'd started it before, I did see a sneak, but didn't know it had the removeable faceplate.. I hope Jerry considers doing some of these same things.. although whichever looks more realistic is better - with or without faceplate.. 1:2 and 1:1 are two completely different things, so there's easily enough room for both..

I hope Shao Kahn gets chosen as the first 1:1 bust :praying:

premium_substit
08-16-2013, 03:05 AM
:doh!:

Is a Shao Kahn 1:1 bust still in the works?

Its on hold right now. Sales of Scorpion werent the hottest. Doesnt mean it wont get finished but priorities shifted a little

Oh well.. At least we have other awesome busts on the way :).. but I would have killed for either a Shao Kahn bust or a 'monster' (i.e. Goro/Motaro/Kintaro) bust - of all the dream MK busts, just one of those.. 2 of those and it would have been my dream centrepiece :tongue:.. hell even a thunder god like Raiden.. if the last bust had been 1 of those I would have bought the hell out of it.. but fair call Jerry did give us a chance with the MK9 Scorpion bust.. for me I was right on the line, I really wanted support it as it looked great but ultimately just didn't want another MK9 Scorpion piece.. there's still hope down the road but I'll stop bartering for now :D

damienjakk
08-16-2013, 06:42 AM
Im open to suggestions.

Mixed media Mileena with a removable veil and light up eyes. I think this would look amazing especially if you do the teeth justice which I'm sure you would.

http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/A-TwfTRtAdU/0.jpg

DRAGONTHEBOMB
08-16-2013, 03:06 PM
1/1 Mileena Bust please!!!

Whirl Wind Boy
08-16-2013, 11:54 PM
Mixed media Mileena with a removable veil and light up eyes. I think this would look amazing especially if you do the teeth justice which I'm sure you would.

http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/A-TwfTRtAdU/0.jpg

This is literally the coolest idea i've heard in a long time.