PDA

View Full Version : Who's Looking For What???

Tommy Allison
07-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Okay folks, I know you people collect Gentle Giant stuff, and the last 3 days, I've seen TONS of stuff sitting on store shelves, that I know people are looking for. I picked up my Vader Bust for... $30.00 at a hobby store. NO JOKE.

So anyway, if you people have want lists, apparently I'm the guy who is meant to find all the cheap stuff.

If I've seen it, and know where it is, I will gladly direct you.

Tommy Allison
Finder Of Cheap Stuff

Tattoo-X
07-09-2005, 08:32 PM
I PMed you, just in case this thread gets deleted.

Tommy Allison
07-09-2005, 08:36 PM
No problem. I'm not cashing in or capitalizing on anyone here at all. This isn't about money, it's about synchronicity. For some reason, I've been running into stuff that I don't collect, but it's out there, and it's cheap. I got my Vader I bust today at Suncoast. No joke. They had a Luke X-wing pilot there too, but I passed on it. If I've seen it, I'm happy to pass along the info.

Tommy

cap70
07-09-2005, 08:48 PM
I need a Vader1 bust and Dewback. PM me Tommy. Thnxs

Mad4Busts
07-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Any of the Clone Troopers??
or prequel busts....
also a Biker Scout

jhownz
07-09-2005, 09:10 PM
any more vader 1 bust where u found yours? Vader1 and the blue clone trooper are the only GG busts on my want list... thanks...

Big Dave
07-09-2005, 09:13 PM
If you happen to find any of the earlier clone wars maquettes I would be interested.

Tommy Allison
07-09-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm not turning loose of my Vader I bust. My cat Darthy knocked mine off the shelf and broke the crap out of it. Apparently there could only be One Dark Lord Of The Sith in my house.

So I snagged this one.

I'm keeping a want list handy so if I see anything you guys are looking for, I'll point you in that direction.

There's a 3PO bust at my local Comic Shop, and the place where I got my Vader, they have a Luke Skywalker bust new in box for $45.00. The only reason why I got my vader cheap was that the box was chewed up pretty good.

Krypton Knight
07-09-2005, 09:54 PM
If Tommy can hook you up, he will! He's a good guy and looks out for his fellow collector.

Since Sniper hasn't chimed in yet, he's looking for a Clone Wars Obi-Wan maquette if you happen to find one Tommy.

DDura711
07-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Boba Fett, & MAYBE a vader bust if it's a good price.

Sniper
07-09-2005, 10:23 PM
If Tommy can hook you up, he will! He's a good guy and looks out for his fellow collector.

Since Sniper hasn't chimed in yet, he's looking for a Clone Wars Obi-Wan maquette if you happen to find one Tommy.
actually I asked him some time before but he is looking for me, thanks KK for looking out for me :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Viking28
07-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Padme Maquette please!

sonofmidgard@yahoo.com

Gianco
07-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Here we go Tommy: GG's busts Vader 1, Red Clonetrooper, Blue Clonetrooper, White Clonetrooper, Yellow Clonetrooper, Jango Fett and Yoda 1. Please let me know and god bless you! :thumbs2:

Gir
07-09-2005, 10:50 PM
I picked up my Vader Bust for... $30.00 at a hobby store. NO JOKE.

You're one lucky bastard! =P

Bowen-Maniac
07-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Padme Clone Wars Maquette and Sand Trooper Exclusive bust any help from anyone would be much appreciated.

Collection King 13
07-09-2005, 11:00 PM
I need a Vader I Bust... I been looking for a while... Thanks

Gianco
07-09-2005, 11:03 PM
I need a Vader I Bust... I been looking for a while... Thanks

You cheeky flipper! :laugh: What are you planning to do with that bust! :inquisiti

comicfan
07-09-2005, 11:42 PM
one boba please...

Collection King 13
07-09-2005, 11:44 PM
You cheeky flipper! :laugh: What are you planning to do with that bust! :inquisiti
Actually that is one I want for my collection... and its been posted on my sig for the longest... I have been bidding on it on eBay too... so Flip this... :D

Gianco
07-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Tommy you are my new hero. Vader bust for $30, Damn! Send me your picture so I can display it in my avatar as a tribute! :laugh:

Confessor
07-09-2005, 11:46 PM
decent priced Captain America modern statue, MIB. Will trade w/ cash or cash alone. Thanks.

Gianco
07-09-2005, 11:49 PM
Actually that is one I want for my collection... and its been posted on my sig for the longest... I have been bidding on it on eBay too... so Flip this... :D

.... Bidding has ended for this item: :D :laugh:

Collection King 13
07-09-2005, 11:53 PM
ACtually I have been trying to get it for around $250... but it keep sgoing above that... :banghead: Maybe I'll find one out at SDCC...

Gianco
07-10-2005, 12:01 AM
ACtually I have been trying to get it for around $250... but it keep sgoing above that... :banghead: Maybe I'll find one out at SDCC...

We will take it for around $250, it's just a matter of time and a bit of luck too. I almost made it for that like one month ago, bidding ended at $250 but my $250 bid came in 6 seconds later than the $250 winning bid, can you believe it?! Six lousy seconds :banghead:

Emperor'sGuard
07-10-2005, 12:37 AM
Like many I want to get my hands on a Fett bust.

bigjohn550
07-10-2005, 01:45 AM
Red and blue clones if you see any. Thanks.

Tommy Allison
07-10-2005, 02:33 AM
I started an e-mail chain letter that went out to all my homies in the collector biz. They're going to hook me up with a master list of what they have, and how much. I will then forward that to all concerned parties. Once that is done, you all can do the business you want.

I may or may not have found 4 pieces for people tonight, it all depends on what one of my guys says. These are pieces that are selling at retail, so you won't be getting gouged. I'm not making any cash off this, just trying to put buyers and sellers together.

Collecting is fun, and when you can put people together, that's its own reward. I see stuff all the time that I want to pick up but can't, and KNOW there are others who are looking for stuff who can. It's all about putting good karma into the karma bank account. It also builds community too.

Tommy Allison
07-10-2005, 02:34 AM
All you people looking for stuff, pm me with your e-mails, and want lists. I'll do what I can to facilitate some matches.

Tommy Allison
07-10-2005, 02:36 AM
LOL Gianco. I haven't even taken it out of the box yet. Haven't had the nerve to for fear of my cat seeking retribution.

T

Tommy Allison
07-10-2005, 02:47 AM
Who ever is looking for a Luke Skywalker X-wing Pilot bust, a C-3PO Bust, and the new GG Vader Statue I have lines on all of those at this time.

If you are also looking for a Koto Clone Trooper, Jango Fett, or Yoda, I can also direct you.

If you are looking for a Darth Maul 1/4 scale light saber, or a 1/4 scale Mace Windu Saber, I can help you get those as well.

I am currently waiting on about 30 or so e-mail responses from people I know in this business. I figure since Drod is doing something cool for the board, that I would pay it forward as well.

Sometime next week I will be giving shouts out to everyone on what I've found, and what I haven't. Hope this works out, and everyone gets at least something they were looking for.

DFury
07-10-2005, 03:41 AM
Hell of a Guy you are bro!!!

Now go find me a Aphrodite IX at Retail and I will be ever so freakin gratefull :)

df

Tommy Allison
07-10-2005, 05:46 AM
Aphrodite 9 statue??? Dude... Let me see what I can do.

leks
07-10-2005, 06:04 AM
Great initiative Tommy but I don't collect them bust only got a couple.

It'd be a miracle thinking I could ever stumble upon something for retail around here :mad:

aphrodite?! lol that'd better be a joke, how bout a magdalena :p

jhownz
07-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Aphrodite 9 statue??? Dude... Let me see what I can do.

Make that 2 Aphrodite 9 statues. This piece has been on my wish list forever. Thanks Tommy...

DFury
07-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Great initiative Tommy but I don't collect them bust only got a couple.

It'd be a miracle thinking I could ever stumble upon something for retail around here :mad:

aphrodite?! lol that'd better be a joke, how bout a magdalena :p

I have Mags, both fathoms, both emma's and the modern black cat..

Looking for a few other Moore statues as well, lady death comes to mind as well as Witchblade..

But Aphrodite is the One I most want..

df

Sskaaar
07-10-2005, 03:54 PM
whoever asked tommy for the aphrodite 9 better stand behind me, i was the first one in the line, so all of you looking for this, get in the line quick hehe

anyone know the retail on this?

DarkRaven
07-10-2005, 04:00 PM
i need just one more dewback...i promise that'll be the last statue i ever want to get...no really, i'm serious...cmon guys quit laughing...

leks
07-10-2005, 04:23 PM

Looking for a few other Moore statues as well, lady death comes to mind as well as Witchblade..

df

I agree Aphrodite is a bit more of an eyecatcher but Magdalena is awesome 2. I have neither and probably willnot own them for a while, maybe in 10 years or so.

I just remember I had plenty of chances of buying both when Aphro was going for 150-200 and Mags for 200-250 and I thought I had time :(

Out of principle I am not willing to pay much more so I'll just wait, I am good at that. Wait till my grave I am thinking, hehe, ah well the wait is part of the fun they say.

candyrocket786
07-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Wants (Thank you):

Asajj Ventress Maquette
Arc Trooper Maquette
Human Torch FS Bowen
Punisher FS Bowen

By the way, If anyone is interested I saw the following at a few LCS today:

Conan Frazetta FS Statue
Conan Hard Hero Statue
Mr. Fantastic FS Bowen
Storm FS Bowen
Cyclops FS Retro Bowen
Silver Surfer FS Chrome Bowen
Thanos Bust Bowen
Purgatory Statue Moore

jhownz
07-10-2005, 05:47 PM

df

I think Magdalena was sculpted by Dene Mason. There seems to be an Aphrodite IX and Magdalena AP versions coming according to Clay Moore site. Not sure when though...

DFury
07-10-2005, 05:58 PM
I agree Aphrodite is a bit more of an eyecatcher but Magdalena is awesome 2. I have neither and probably willnot own them for a while, maybe in 10 years or so.

I just remember I had plenty of chances of buying both when Aphro was going for 150-200 and Mags for 200-250 and I thought I had time :(

Out of principle I am not willing to pay much more so I'll just wait, I am good at that. Wait till my grave I am thinking, hehe, ah well the wait is part of the fun they say.

I actually picked up Mags at a LCS up in Chicago that Ghost directed me to and I picked Her up at less than retail, Walked out with Mags and the DST Thanos for 300 out the door..

Then drove over to Phil's house and picked up my Painted Thanos by Gabe..

I was on cloud 9 the whole drive home.. :)

df

leks
07-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Then drove over to Phil's house and picked up my Painted Thanos by Gabe..

I was on cloud 9 the whole drive home.. :)

df

Owh man that's just cruel ;), but I remember you posting about that drive, I think I'd blocked the memory

Some drive :buttrock:

Candy plenty are on the lookout for that HH Conan if nobody's interested you should probably buy it and flip it. That's popular nowadays :)

candyrocket786
07-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Owh man that's just cruel ;), but I remember you posting about that drive, I think I'd blocked the memory

Some drive :buttrock:

Candy plenty are on the lookout for that HH Conan if nobody's interested you should probably buy it and flip it. That's popular nowadays :)

Yeah.. someone has expressed some interest in Conan. Not sure what he wants to do yet.

Tommy Allison
07-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Okay folks, Here's the phone number for my LCS, give them a shot.

The Source Comics And Games

651-645-0386

They have a LOT of Bowen statues laying around, and all kinds of other stuff. In fact, they probably have stuff that isn't at the store, in their warehouse. I can guarantee, if you don't find what you're looking for with them, you probably won't find it.

I am still waiting for all of the retailer people I know to get off their butts and e-mail me.

Tommy

candyrocket786
07-10-2005, 09:21 PM
Okay folks, Here's the phone number for my LCS, give them a shot.

The Source Comics And Games

651-345-0386

They have a LOT of Bowen statues laying around, and all kinds of other stuff. In fact, they probably have stuff that isn't at the store, in their warehouse. I can guarantee, if you don't find what you're looking for with them, you probably won't find it.

I am still waiting for all of the retailer people I know to get off their butts and e-mail me.

Tommy

Do they limit themselves to local pickup only? Will they also verify the condition of the statue/box?

Tommy Allison
07-10-2005, 10:36 PM
I see I made a typo on their phone number. it's 651-645-0386.

their website is www.sourcecandg.com

They will gladly ship out of state, or to wherever they need to go. They'll also do their best to accomodate you regarding boxes and what not.

Tommy

Just_joseph
07-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Okay folks, I know you people collect Gentle Giant stuff, and the last 3 days, I've seen TONS of stuff sitting on store shelves, that I know people are looking for. I picked up my Vader Bust for... $30.00 at a hobby store. NO JOKE.

So anyway, if you people have want lists, apparently I'm the guy who is meant to find all the cheap stuff.

If I've seen it, and know where it is, I will gladly direct you.

Tommy Allison
Finder Of Cheap Stuff

Simply looking for a 10 day break ............. that's if I had the vacation time. Converting all of my OVERTIME to comp-time. Not close to eighty hours at all. Oh well..................

galactus
07-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Simply looking for a 10 day break ............. that's if I had the vacation time. Converting all of my OVERTIME to comp-time. Not close to eighty hours at all. Oh well..................

JJ, stop drinking so much man, you're ranting about something which has NOTHING to do with this thread :laugh:

Tommy Allison
07-11-2005, 08:47 PM
I've gotten 3 responses from my retailer and statue guys, and nothing is on the list. I MAY have found a Stormtrooper Dewback statue, but haven't heard back yet.

I'm thinking if this networking thing actually pans out, this could be a hell of a lot of fun.

Like everyone pick someone out of a hat, and find that person's want list items.

Then pay it forward.

Tommy

cdavis
07-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Hey Tommy,
I am just looking out for Hellboy stuff...
send me an email if you know of anything.

Thanks Charles

Jerseydevil
07-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Tommy:
If you found this statue for me, I'd forever be indebted. This is a piece I've been trying to find for years now.

And since we have you posting more regularly, when's you're new website going to be up and running, man?

mwf6171
07-11-2005, 11:28 PM
Well, I guess I can take Boba Fett off my list........just won it off eBay........happy days!!!

Gianco
07-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Well, I guess I can take Boba Fett off my list........just won it off eBay........happy days!!!

Congrats! That's the best GG bust, no doubt about it! :buttrock:

Just_joseph
07-12-2005, 09:17 AM
JJ, stop drinking so much man, you're ranting about something which has NOTHING to do with this thread :laugh:

Your right .............. have fun to ALL OF YOU ............. SAN DIEGO
ATTENDEES. WASTE LOTS OF MONEY !

Tommy Allison
07-12-2005, 01:35 PM
I plan on updating all 3 sites here fairly soon. Been working on Flash, and updating images and stuff. Animations are a ***** sometimes to make, and then there's the whole navigation thing.

I should have everything up sometime after Wizard World.

CKinSD
07-12-2005, 03:12 PM
Tommy are you coming to SDCC this year?

Tommy Allison
07-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Can't make it this year. Working 2 jobs right now to dig myself out of a hole. I will be at Wizard World if all goes as planned.