PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of the Titans

Hellboy
12-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Like many I didn't love the Clash of the Titans remake but it certainly wasn't as bad as some people made it out to be. This sequel looks VERY promising though.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/wrathofthetitans/

stormshadow75x
12-19-2011, 05:19 PM
It wasn't?

What exactly did u find good or amusing about this movie?

kal-el
12-19-2011, 05:21 PM
looks pretty good I wil wait till it comes out on blu-ray though

Hellboy
12-19-2011, 05:34 PM
It wasn't?

What exactly did u find good or amusing about this movie?

Amusing? Nothing was amusing about it but I thought the effects were good and it was entertaining as a straight up action/fantasy film. More than I can say for a lot of other fantasy films as of late. Namely Prince of Persia, Conan the Barbarian, Season of the Witch, The Chronicles of Narnia and the new Pirates of the Caribbean. That said Clash wasn't great either but I think reports of it being awful were exaggerated.

Spazzy
12-19-2011, 05:51 PM
I liked the first one, liked the original two, can't expect them to be the same. Looking forward to the second one alot!

Marvelito
12-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Amusing? Nothing was amusing about it but I thought the effects were good and it was entertaining as a straight up action/fantasy film. More than I can say for a lot of other fantasy films as of late. Namely Prince of Persia, Conan the Barbarian, Season of the Witch, The Chronicles of Narnia and the new Pirates of the Caribbean. That said Clash wasn't great either but I think reports of it being awful were exaggerated.

I personally don't get the hate this one receives. It was by no means a classic, but it was also nowhere near the bottom of the pile of movies you just listed or any of the other similar type movies that have been released in recent years for that matter. The cast was way better than most of the others at least, and I know that doesn't always mean much, but for me it helped in this case. When you add the effects, and the familiar story, it made for a pretty enjoyable movie that for the most part achieved what it set out to do. Again, not an epic, but a pretty good popcorn flick.

Based on my enjoyment of the 1st, I'm actually looking forward to the new one, something I never thought I would be saying. :D

Hellboy
12-19-2011, 06:04 PM
I personally don't get the hate this one receives.

I think its the fact that its a remake of what many consider to be a classic fantasy film. As a result it has a built in challenge to do something more or better in order to gain acceptance.

Marvelito
12-19-2011, 06:12 PM
I think its the fact that its a remake of what many consider to be a classic fantasy film. As a result it has a built in challenge to do something more or better in order to gain acceptance.

I can understand that, and I absolutely agree, that was actually one of the main reasons I was hesitant to see the remake in the first place. I finally caught it on HBO in HD, and was pleasantly surprised. I am a big fan of the original, and will be the 1st to admit that that was also not a perfect film, one that certainly has aged as well as it should. Having said all of this, I do feel that in some ways the remake bested the original, but that's mainly due to advances in technology more than anything else.

I am no fan of remakes, but COTT was one I can overlook. The original was a bit of a missed opportunity itself, and it seems the remake is doing what the original couldn't do, which was to start a franchise.

El Pulento
12-19-2011, 06:20 PM
I'm a sucker för Trailers.. so thanks.... I preferred his hair from the first one...

stormshadow75x
12-19-2011, 06:25 PM

Is that a surprise?
Any remake will always be compared to the original.
The original was @ least memorable.
I wasn't impressed by the effects @ all, the gods looked cheesy & everything else looked like a video game. Sam Worthington is a joke, how this guy continues to get lead roles is beyond me.

El Pulento
12-19-2011, 06:29 PM
Dude why don't you tell us what you really think.. hahahaha...

Marvelito
12-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Is that a surprise?
I wasn't impressed by the effects @ all, the gods looked cheesy & everything else looked like a video game. Sam Worthington is a joke, how this guy continues to get lead roles is beyond me.

So I guess you won't be checking out Wrath of the Titans then? :laugh:

Bullseye
12-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Not bad.

Hellboy
12-19-2011, 06:32 PM
I can understand that, and I absolutely agree, that was actually one of the main reasons I was hesitant to see the remake in the first place. I finally caught it on HBO in HD, and was pleasantly surprised. I am a big fan of the original, and will be the 1st to admit that that was also not a perfect film, one that certainly has aged as well as it should. Having said all of this, I do feel that in some ways the remake bested the original, but that's mainly due to advances in technology more than anything else.

I am no fan of remakes, but COTT was one I can overlook. The original was a bit of a missed opportunity itself, and it seems the remake is doing what the original couldn't do, which was to start a franchise.

Couldn't agree more Tony. There are pros and cons to both versions, neither completely hits the mark.

I have fond memories of seeing the original theatrically, having to choose between it and Raiders of the Lost Ark as they opened the same weekend. I chose Clash of the Titans and remember the stark contrast in quality between it and Raiders after seeing both but loved Clash nonetheless. One went on to become a lucrative franchise while the other failed to gain mass appeal. So yeah the original was a bit of a missed opportunity too which I think a lot of people forget or maybe don't realize as they didn't live through it like we did.

Bullseye
12-19-2011, 06:33 PM
I do agree Worthington is not much of an actor but acting is not a prerequisite for this type of film.

Marvelito
12-19-2011, 06:35 PM
I have fond memories of seeing the original theatrically, having to choose between it and Raiders of the Lost Ark as they opened the same weekend. I chose Clash of the Titans and remember the stark contrast in quality between it and Raiders after seeing both but loved Clash nonetheless. One went on to become a lucrative franchise while the other failed to gain mass appeal. So yeah the original was a bit of a missed opportunity too which I think a lot of people forget or maybe don't realize as they didn't live through it like we did.

:laugh: I made the same choice! :doh!: and I don't regret it. :D Both films left their mark on me.

Now, if someone said there was a remake of Raiders coming, that I would be up in arms about.

Marvelito
12-19-2011, 06:36 PM
I do agree Worthington is not much of an actor but acting is not a prerequisite for this type of film.

:iagree:

Hellboy
12-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Is that a surprise?

Well I went into this film with EXTREMELY low expectations. I'm not a fan of Worthington, the trailer was one of the worst in recent memory (a fantasy film being set to rock music :confused:) and for the most part I don't like remakes. So when I finally did get around to seeing the film on Blu-ray I was surprised that it wasn't awful and even somewhat enjoyable. I think some of the supporting characters deserved more development but the creatures and settings were cool. I especially liked the ferryman Charon and Medusa. I didn't care about the Gods though. If you want to see that material handled the way I think it should have been in Clash see Immortals.

Hellboy
12-19-2011, 06:44 PM
:laugh: I made the same choice! :doh!: and I don't regret it. :D Both films left their mark on me.

The good ole' days. :thumbs2:

Now, if someone said there was a remake of Raiders coming, that I would be up in arms about.

Exactly! Some films are.. believe it or not, perfect. This is one of them.

Marvelito
12-19-2011, 06:49 PM
The good ole' days. :thumbs2:

Exactly! Some films are.. believe it or not, perfect. This is one of them.

:goodpost:

joefixit2
12-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Looks like it will be better than the last one.

warhead
12-20-2011, 12:14 AM
I liked both the original and the remake, I was entertained so I am looking forward to see the 2nd one.

Meteor Man
12-20-2011, 12:23 AM
I'll go see this. It looks good from what I can see in the trailer...

Luminous
12-20-2011, 12:59 AM

I don't even know why I bother posting sometimes. I can't get a word in edgewise around here. My thoughts exactly, Scott. :thumbs2:

Btw, this trailer was all sorts of kick-ass.

Darth Pain
12-20-2011, 12:59 PM
This looks good. I liked the remake. It wasn't great but, I liked it.

Nidgit
12-20-2011, 05:54 PM
I'll probably check this one out. The first was by no means a great movie, but it was a fun to watch. As far as sword and sandals remakes go, I thought Clash was better than Conan ;)

Juggernaut
12-23-2011, 05:48 PM
I enjoyed Clash of The Titans.

It's not a grand movie like LOTR. but as a fantasy action flick. It's good.

tedmic
12-23-2011, 06:17 PM

Agreed, I find him boring but this movie does look entertaining (yes I'm a sucker for some good CGI action!).

Lord Loki
12-24-2011, 09:27 AM
I liked Clash it was just a fun fantasy action movie. Why do all movies have to be loaded down with drama. If you want that you shouldnt watch movies where the trailers show action all through them.