PDA

View Full Version : TitanToys Problem...

Collection King 13
07-12-2005, 03:35 PM
I ordered something from them on the 4th of July while they were having their 30% off sale... They charged my CC on the 5th of July but I still have not received my item or any response to any of my e-mails... I am unsure what route to go... All it says on their web site is approved but nothing about my item being shipped... :banghead: Does anybody have a phone number for these people? Thanks

lord odin
07-12-2005, 03:42 PM
713-446-4666

Collection King 13
07-12-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks Odin!

Gianco
07-12-2005, 07:39 PM
My advice, stay away from that site:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=11701

DDura711
07-12-2005, 08:35 PM
I ordered the same time. It was only a single bust and nothing special but I already got mine last saturday.

Collection King 13
07-13-2005, 01:52 AM
I ordered the same time. It was only a single bust and nothing special but I already got mine last saturday.
I only ordered 1 statue & Nothing yet!! :banghead:

JR2
07-13-2005, 05:48 AM

Same here. Mine arrived yesterday.

rosko23
07-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey CK-

I ordered from them a while ago and I could never get in Contact with them. That number I gave in a previous post was Carlos's number, but I never received a response from him. I finally got a response from his Brother Albert. He told me Carlos was sick and hadn't got to the order, but was going to send it out. I asked for a refund though, bc I had already replaced the order elsewhere. Albert's number is 361.779.6290. Try giving him a call. I got my refund finally 2 days ago. The problem is that they usally have good prices, but it is usually hit or miss with them from what I have heard here.

Collection King 13
07-13-2005, 09:59 AM
He just contacted me and said he put the statue aside for me but didnt know why it hasnt shipped... He also told me he is out at SD for the con... SO maybe I'll run into him there...

ju421019
07-13-2005, 09:48 PM
I've never had problems with them - though slow on communication - during the July 4th sale i ordered a large item and got it within days.

mitthrawnuruondo
07-13-2005, 10:19 PM
i ordered three busts from them and a statue during the july 4th special,i got confirmation but my card hasnt charged,nor have i heard anything,i have sent emails to 2 different addresses.did you have sucess with the first number posted CK or did you have to go through the brother.i am gonna call them monday when the con is over,i dont mind a little wait ,but no communication doesnt work for me

3D Figure
07-13-2005, 10:24 PM
CK, I know them well, your sure to get your stuff! I spoke to Carlos, and he is working on fixing a few email problems, said the changes should be fixed by Monday when he gets back. But the guy is good for it.

Collection King 13
07-15-2005, 09:05 AM
He contacted me and appologized for not getting it out and he said it will be at my place by Saturday! I never called him... I was able to get him on his personal e-mail...

mitthrawnuruondo
07-18-2005, 06:17 PM
glad it worked out for you CK.still no luck for me,guess i will be trying the phone route :inquisiti

candyrocket786
07-18-2005, 06:33 PM
Where in Houston is this guy located?

3D Figure
07-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Candy, It's Out Of Corpus, South Of Houston about 3 hours. Probably freaking out if Emily heads that way.

Collection King 13
07-18-2005, 08:32 PM
My statue arrived in one piece while I was at SDCC! :buttrock:

candyrocket786
07-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Candy, It's Out Of Corpus, South Of Houston about 3 hours. Probably freaking out if Emily heads that way.

Really? I thought someone posted a "713" phone # for him. I have quite a bit of family in Corpus, wonder if they know him. :peoples:

mitthrawnuruondo
07-21-2005, 08:57 PM
well i have no resolution from this place,called this carlos and left a message on monday,called again wednesday and no answer,sent multiple emails,this is no way to run a buisness :mad:

rosko23
07-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Read my post #8. Call his brother Albert.

mitthrawnuruondo
07-26-2005, 08:03 PM
i have tried to call both brothers,and left a message for carlos.also sent 3 emails over the last couple weeks,seems as i am getting nowhere,maybe they have gone out of buisness? :mad:

Tetragrammaton
07-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Received today a chrome Colossus FS from them, ordered during the 30% sale. Very nice, but I see for myself why some people feel the painted is better. I have yet to decide, but at 30% off how could I pass this up.

They must have still been operating when this was sent out. I imagine they are just busy and slow on the communication, but I understand how frustrating that can be.

Good luck.

mitthrawnuruondo
08-10-2005, 10:44 PM
more than a month later,still no satisfaction,this company stinks!! :mad:
STAY AWAY

3D Figure
08-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Are you sure your getting through, Because I talk to them often and never have any problem. Always Great Service here!

mitthrawnuruondo
08-11-2005, 06:45 PM
the problem is getting through, and there inability to return phone calls and emails.
i have sent several emails ,and called both brothers several times,and left messages.
:mad:

Gianco
08-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Check this out:
http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1279002&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1279002

DDura711
08-11-2005, 07:09 PM
See now I've ordered several pieces from them in the past and I've never had a problem. Last thing I got from them was the Thor Hammer & Helm set. Took about a week in total.

stormshadow007
08-11-2005, 10:35 PM
I've ordered a case of star wars busts from them in the past and a few LOTR statues and never had a problem. They've also been quick to respond to any email inquiries that I had.

After reading all these new complaints, I'm wondering if I should cancel my pre-orders.

rosko23
08-11-2005, 10:39 PM
I had issues with them earlier and so did my brother. I think when they have the item in stock the ship it right away, but sometimes they probably have things on their website that they are out of stock in and that is when the problems happen. I never got a hold of Carlos EVER, but after a while Albert emailed me back. I wouldn't do biz with them anymore... just my 2 cents.

wizard-comics
08-11-2005, 10:45 PM
I've never o9rdered anything from them but from all I've read I'll make sure and stay away......

Omega
08-12-2005, 12:13 AM
Hey I got a newsletter from Titan, 30% off for those interested it is Discount Code Titan30

I orderd a king of the dead monday and received it Today with a credit. they put it on sale after I ordered and refunded me the difference. I did not even have to ask. I have known Carlos and Titan for years and Never had a problem, I know he will do about anything to please a customer. Hell if he gives me a discount on Sauron or the new Vader Helmet I will even consider him a friend! :p

But in all seriousness, he once mentioned that besides the normal items that get lost or arrive broken the only people he has problems with were Sport variant collectors or an occasional Star Wars guy that wants a perfect box etc or is anal in that way. But, I keep telling him he should defend his company on bogus threads, But he stick to his guns that he will not bring customer problems to Forums. That their purchase is a private matter with Titan and he will not make it public, Something about customer loyalty or some crap. I mean I guess you might respect it, but if it was my comapny I would be on every thread calling people out. Anyway I just thought some people should know the kind of guy he is before they judge him.

Peace Out :happybirt Bella

rosko23
08-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Omega no one is judging HIM... but I know I sure as hell was very unhappy with his Company. I didn't need him to defend himself here or on email, I just wanted a reply to my emails. I sent well over 20 of them before i finally got a reply. Not mentioning the 20 phone calls to various numbers. I think this alone speaks for MY experience. Like I said before a simple REPLY to an email could go a long way. We wouldn't be saying "Avoid Titan Toys at all costs. They are scammers." or "they charged me but no items so far." We probably would be saying, "Yeah they are ok, they just take a while to ship out. Answered all me emails quickly though." Again, this is MY experience. People are asking questions and we are just answering. Both mine and your opinions are valued.

Omega
08-12-2005, 12:33 AM
Rosko, your right. I just have a hard time believing he would not answer emails, that's not saying your lying, I just sound out of character. Im going to ask him, maybe the guy needs a new emial server. Oh well Im off to a b-day party, gotta stop by walmart and get a present, I think Ill by my wife a Iron, so she can Iron my shirts better. Ha, this may be the last time you guy hear from me after she bashes my head with the Iron

Gruson
08-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Omega,

Tell Carlos to send me an email as well. He is looking into some Cinemaquette information.

3D Figure
08-12-2005, 01:22 AM
Omega, your right, Titan does have a new 30% off Sale, Start Friday, for 30% off. the code is TITAN30 not sure if it is case sensative.

But hey I spoke with Carlos about this thread when he called to pay for sponsorship at my site, he said that he will be answering emails all day long Friday, so if you need something or have a issue with a item that he will respond. he is going to clear the email server and delete his old email, something about after 10 years he gets to much spam and the regular emails are getting caught up in the antispam. anyway for those that were trying to get ahold now is your chance! If you tell him Al sent you you get another 50% off , Just kidding

Big Al

bigben7
08-12-2005, 01:34 AM
well i bit the bullet and just orderd the miracle man statue from them. i hear a few bad things but a lot of people saying they are good. so i cjanced it. got a bowen miracle man for 65.00 shipped!

3D Figure
08-12-2005, 01:47 AM
good price, I wonder if they have any Galactus

BRB

bigben7
08-12-2005, 01:50 AM
good price if it gets here!!lol

bigben7
08-12-2005, 02:01 AM
3d
sal already emailed me and said no worries!!i feel alot better.lol may order the clear invisible woman statue now,lol
didnt see a galctus on the site

bigben7
08-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Anyone Try To Order From Titantoys And Not Get The 30% To Work. I Tried Orderin Yesterday And Couldnt Get It To Take 30% Ioff. I Got A Miracle Man Statue The Other Day No Problem But Yesterday It Wouldnt Work. Sent Them An Email. Waiting To Hear Back

3D Figure
08-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Big

My email said that is expired onthe 17th, so you waited to long! I got a Daredevil Marvel Saga, Can't wait to see it

bigben7
08-18-2005, 01:27 AM
how did i wait too long .yesterday was the 16th!!

mitthrawnuruondo
08-22-2005, 08:28 PM
still waiting,i got a reply 5 weeks later ,stating my order was ready to ship,then a couple more weeks silence, :mad: maybe i will get my stuff,maybe i wont

mitthrawnuruondo
08-28-2005, 04:50 PM
i have sent them an email cancelling the order.last time i buy (or try to )from someone i dont know is reputable for sure,what a waste of time,and to think i passed on these items at wizard world hoping i had them coming. :mad:

lord odin
08-28-2005, 05:05 PM
i have sent them an email cancelling the order.last time i buy (or try to )from someone i dont know is reputable for sure,what a waste of time,and to think i passed on these items at wizard world hoping i had them coming. :mad:
That`s why I only order from best comics and dcbs never have a problem with them and they always respond to email.

officer dangle
08-31-2005, 06:57 PM
Nothing really new to add, just to say that I too have run into problems with this company regarding e-mail responses. After about five or six went unanswered, I just cancelled (for which, of course, I received no confirmation). My two cents - if I am going to be making orders of $200-$300, I expect to have each and every question or problem I have addressed immediately to complete satisfaction. There are simply too many other companies out there to have to grovel for a simple order confirmation. If you can't handle that, you don't deserve my business.

bigben7
09-03-2005, 05:22 PM
anyone deal with these guys lately? i ordred the wolverine/sabretooth sideshow statue on august 30th and i havent gotten any confirmation of the order and on my paypal history it says"unclaimed". i called and that money stays in limbo for 30 days unless they claim it or send it back. i called a couple numbers and nothign but voice mails and emailed the past few days and nothing?????i just want to know if it is a good to go order or i want my money released so i can buy it elsewhere. anyone ?

MiamiLoco
09-28-2005, 02:28 AM
I ordered something on 9/11 and the next day the status of it turned into a "pre-order" I used their online "contact" feature and tried to contact them 2 times with no response. I just recently Emailed them directly. Let's see what reply I get.

D'ohboy
09-28-2005, 12:32 PM
anyone deal with these guys lately? i ordred the wolverine/sabretooth sideshow statue on august 30th and i havent gotten any confirmation of the order and on my paypal history it says"unclaimed". i called and that money stays in limbo for 30 days unless they claim it or send it back. i called a couple numbers and nothign but voice mails and emailed the past few days and nothing?????i just want to know if it is a good to go order or i want my money released so i can buy it elsewhere. anyone ?

BB7:

I also ordered the WvS from them back when they were having a 30% off sale. I paid with PayPal and Titan ended up denying my payment since it was a pre-order. They said they would accept the payment when they received stock. (I'm hoping they still honor the discount, but I'm not holding my breath.)

I have ordered from them in the past with no problems.

I know that the last e-mailer I received said that contact with them would be hit or miss because of Rita. (They located in Texas.)

bigben7
09-28-2005, 01:11 PM
d'ohboy
the emailin is hit and miss. also dont forget they are in texas.. i know a few eeeks abck carlos was doin alot of volunterr work .anyways 3 orders and 3 times its been great service and great merchandise.
as far as ss wolvie/ sabretooth you never know. maybe they sold theres out??if you are still interested and want im selllin my ss wolvie/ sabretooth. pm me. its barnd new from thme and looks excellent

mcterrel
09-29-2005, 11:06 AM
OK - now I'm confused.... I posted a similar warning about Dee Puppy Comics's web site and the thread was deleted... then started a blacklist buyer beware thread for sellers just like this... and that got deleted too... so, Titan Toys is bad but Dee Puppy is o.k.?

MiamiLoco
09-29-2005, 01:42 PM
I finally got a reply from Carlos. I guess you had to email him directly. He pretty much said that the first batch ran out and they were getting a second batch in Oct. He gave me the option to cancel my order and I think I'm gonna take it.

bigben7
09-29-2005, 01:44 PM
miami may i aksed what ya ordered??

Doc Sonic
09-29-2005, 08:30 PM
OK - now I'm confused.... I posted a similar warning about Dee Puppy Comics's web site and the thread was deleted... then started a blacklist buyer beware thread for sellers just like this... and that got deleted too... so, Titan Toys is bad but Dee Puppy is o.k?

Actually they weren't deleted. They are on the prior page to this one. But you're right about the implied double-standard. Where's the outrage about bashing TitanToys ( or other sellers for that matter ) ?

Maybe you guys should handle your complaints in PM's :)

mcterrel
09-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Kind of defeats the purpose of a buyer beware thread, doesn't it? If you come across a bad seller - we should keep it on the down low so as not to offend whom? the bad seller?

3D Figure
11-04-2005, 01:11 PM
I talk to Carlos all the time, and you won't find a nicer guy. I buy about 80% of my stuff and I get probably the best prices online. Email is only hit or miss if you don't email him directly. I would recommend to anyone just like I would recommend Midtown Comics or Finish Line (Get my shoes there). Titan Toys just replaced my stolen Colossus Chrome Statue and Surfer Painted at 20% off retail this week. I don't think any other seller would have done that for a long time customer.

ju421019
11-06-2005, 04:57 AM
Have you heard from Carlos or Titantoys this week? I know they did a e-mail ugprade, I e-mailed them at the cs and cg e-mails -- but no reply yet. It was regarding two orders, one which was in stock.

Let me know if you heard from them recently (past few days).

Thanks.

ju421019
11-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Anyone heard from them? I even left a message at Carlos

bigben7
11-09-2005, 02:53 PM
never had a problem with carlos, or titan toys. i order busts last week and 2 days later got a shipping confirmation from fed ex

ju421019
11-09-2005, 07:18 PM
That's strange, I've placed a order last week or week before too , never heard from them with my e-mails. What e-mail did you send to? Thanks.

Now I get a message on the phone number that is temporarily out of service :)

bigben7
11-09-2005, 09:03 PM
i didnt send an email
i wnet on the site, ordered 2 busts.i got an order confirmation a few minutes later
next day i got an order preocessed and 2 days after orderin i got a tracking number that it was shipped

3D Figure
11-09-2005, 09:19 PM
JU

I talked to him, he's mentioned that the new email and phone system is about complete, but he has to switch the phones to the new system so they will be in and out until he gets the software right. He said his email is up, But orders are unaffected. They still shipping instock within 48 hours of order date. He did say that the number to the phone could change if he could not get the old number onthe new service.

I just ordered Sauron from him. I finally broke down and got it at 20% off. Hope it fits in my display center.

bigben7
11-09-2005, 09:26 PM
3d good for you. i myself think they try hard to be a good source for collectors. i have made many purchases and never aproblem

ju421019
11-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Thanks 3D, I trust their service, it's just that I placed some orders online which need to be modified a bit since some of their inventory is not up to date on some items.

I've made several purchases from them before.

Thanks.

ju421019
11-17-2005, 11:49 AM
3D - I've sent you a PM.

By any chance you heard back from Carlos recently? Is their phone/email system up and running?

Thanks.

ju421019
11-22-2005, 11:59 AM
3D - have you heard from Carlos?

Is their phone/e-mail system up?

I wanted to get two orders cancelled, one of which is a duplicate.

Let me know if you have had a talk with them.

Thanks.

MiamiLoco
11-22-2005, 02:31 PM
well over the past 3 months, I have emailed Carlos and he hasn't replied. I've sent emails directly to him and through his website. I want to cancel an order. I guess if I ever get it, I'm just going to refuse it and if he charges me for it, I'm calling up my credit card company.

imthkman
11-22-2005, 06:07 PM
A few months ago, I ordered 2 things from them at 30% off. Got one, but not the other. (Which was a War Machine MB). No response from emails at all. Finally bought one on Ebay. But I did get the Sideshow Wolv. vs. Sabretooth at a great price. Kind of evened out.

ju421019
11-23-2005, 12:33 PM
Hey All,

FYI - I heard from Carlos, he was out of town and is back in for Thanksgiving. I took care of the status of my two orders, and even received on this week.

Thanks.

mitthrawnuruondo
11-23-2005, 06:11 PM
this place is a complete waste of time .order from danny at comicstatues.com
or another reliable dealer if you cant find it with danny

3D Figure
11-23-2005, 06:20 PM
this place is a complete waste of time .order from danny at comicstatues.com
or another reliable dealer if you cant find it with danny

Why would this place be a waste of time, because he took a vacation? They still have some of the best deals online, and they meet their orders. I don't just say this because I have gotten to know them, but because I get all of my Star Wars and Sideshow stuff from them and they always go above and beyond!

JU just said they completed another order for him without a problem and you bash them. :rolleyes2

mitthrawnuruondo
11-23-2005, 08:09 PM
They are a waste of time,fact.
and if you need proof ,there is this thread :rolleyes2
do you see a problem with comicstatues thread. :happybirt
i placed an order with them several months ago july 4th to be exact.
sent no less than 10 emails when nothing was shipped or charged,for in stock items i might add.
called the many various numbers folks have placed in this thread
in september i finally got a responce from the single most unproffesional company i have had the pleasure :rolleyes2 of dealing with .
by then over 2 months later,it was too late and i was done with this bunch.
you say i am bashing,i am stating fact.
and i am not the only one hence this thread and others on other collecting boards.
it would seem that they pick and choose whos orders to complete and whos to ignore,great buisness ethic :rolleyes2

3D Figure
11-25-2005, 07:04 PM
They are a waste of time,fact.
and if you need proof ,there is this thread :rolleyes2
do you see a problem with comicstatues thread. :happybirt
i

You don't honestly think that a thread dogging the owner of this site would not be deleted? Don't get me wrong I love this board, and I plan on ordering my King Kong Stuff from comicstatues, but come on.

Tetragrammaton
11-25-2005, 08:19 PM
I have never had a problem with service from comicstatues with previous orders. Seemed very reasonable actually. May have been slow to reply in your case due to outside circumstances.

ju421019
12-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Hey folks, titantoys offers some of the best prices, there is no question about it, and I am very happy with the items I got from them, and all of them came.

I do agree they need to improve their communication, both via E-mail and Phone. Especially when it comes to e-mail in this time a business needs to respond back within 24 hrs if not quicker.

Titantoys are not scammers or going to steal your money, I have not had a bad experience with them. They offer some great prices to their customers.

Their communication is slow, but now that you are aware of it, so you have to make the decision to buy from them or not.

d rod
12-07-2005, 11:48 PM
3D Figure: Actually, you are incorrect. One would think that but that has never been the case.

Gianco
12-08-2005, 12:11 AM
ComicStatues have a great customer service. I can certify that! Excellent communication! Muchas gracias D. for your top class service! :thumbs2:
Titantoys (Carlos) really needs to improve their communication

C. Bormann
12-08-2005, 02:59 AM
I have never had a problem with Titantoys.

Although, they do need to post a phone number on their site. Return emails are also slow.

MiamiLoco
12-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Dude, one thing is taking a while to reply, another is NOT REPLYING. I think that is VERY unprofessional and I wonder why they are still in business.

CKinSD
12-08-2005, 02:30 PM
I've never bought from them but by the looks of things some members have been trying to get their product or just a reply for months. That is not how to do business for sure.

I would not buy from them with this lack of caring for the customer.

risingstar
12-08-2005, 02:40 PM
I've never bought from them but by the looks of things some members have been trying to get their product or just a reply for months. That is not how to do business for sure.

I would not buy from them with this lack of caring for the customer.

It is rather bizarre to leave paying customers hanging like that. It's one surefire way to make sure they don't come back. Moreover, bad business practice has a way of coming back to bite you in the end... As you can see in this forum, people talk.

Sometimes, it takes years for some dealers to recover from some bad press.

JMO

MiamiLoco
12-22-2005, 03:19 AM
Ok, I just got confirmation for an order that I sent multiple emails to have CANCELLED!! What are my options? Return the package unopened when I receive it and call my credit card company? This is a real headache. And their mailbox is full, surprise, surprise. Can someone please tell me what I can do??!!

MiamiLoco
12-23-2005, 02:05 AM
No advice? :(

MiamiLoco
01-30-2006, 04:17 PM
ok, a while back I got an generic email from them, stating that my package was sent. I once again emailed Carlos and he finally replied and pretty much told me to just "deny" the package and I"ll get my refund. So, when the package came, I refused it and I used the tracking number to see if they got it back. A few days later I see that it was in fact received by them. From then on, I've been sending emails asking when I'm going to get my refund and they still haven't replied. Is there anything I can do? Can I call my credit card company??!!

HULK SMASH
01-30-2006, 04:22 PM
ok, a while back I got an generic email from them, stating that my package was sent. I once again emailed Carlos and he finally replied and pretty much told me to just "deny" the package and I"ll get my refund. So, when the package came, I refused it and I used the tracking number to see if they got it back. A few days later I see that it was in fact received by them. From then on, I've been sending emails asking when I'm going to get my refund and they still haven't replied. Is there anything I can do? Can I call my credit card company??!!
Should have keep the package.You would have at least have something but since you did not CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :peoples:

Gianco
08-23-2007, 01:24 PM
STAY AWAY FROM TITANTOYS.COM!!!

THOSE @SS CLOWNS SHOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS.

They donĀ“t honor orders, no reply to e-mails, a serious lack of responsibility. My advice, avoid this site!!!

jacksowl
08-23-2007, 07:27 PM
I ordered something from them on the 4th of July while they were having their 30% off sale... They charged my CC on the 5th of July but I still have not received my item or any response to any of my e-mails... I am unsure what route to go... All it says on their web site is approved but nothing about my item being shipped... :banghead: Does anybody have a phone number for these people? Thanks

I've never dealt with them but I've only heard negative things. Might be one of those that everyone on the forum should avoid doing business with. Show them the power of the forum.