PDA

View Full Version : Bro-Ken?

Rokdweller
02-04-2012, 07:13 PM
I have a question for Ken owners... I purchased a Ken statue and while handling noticed something felt slightly loose at the top of one leg. Upon inspection I saw what appeared to be a break where the leg meets the hip, but almost looked like a seam between to pieces. You would almost never notice it as his pants cover this area. I was convinced this was a break until I purchased a second Ken statue only to find the same thing. So, was it manufactured this way or is it in fact broken?

madmanny
02-04-2012, 07:18 PM
seam

Big Hulk
02-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Ha! I opened this up and the first thing I saw was your finger pointing at Ken's man parts! It doesn't look broken though.

Atheris
02-04-2012, 08:17 PM
LoL I like the title

Looks broken to me. It seems to uneven to be a seam.

Chris

bebohawk
02-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Mine it's the same ways so it's normal even Ryu it's that way

Rokdweller
02-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Thanks all, a big relief! A bit disappointing though, I just figured the body would be a single piece and never imagined there would be seams beneath the clothing. Are Ken and Ryu the only two like this?

Vracula
02-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Statue molestor!u probably picked him up in a white van on his way to school.

Lol smart title btw!

wvg9250
02-04-2012, 10:30 PM
They are all made like that. I have both EX and reg.

jedi_don
02-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Thanks all, a big relief! A bit disappointing though, I just figured the body would be a single piece and never imagined there would be seams beneath the clothing. Are Ken and Ryu the only two like this?

If it was one piece, how do you think the factory would put his pants on?

Darth Pain
02-04-2012, 11:21 PM
If it was one piece, how do you think the factory would put his pants on?

:thumbs2:

Artsta
02-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Statue molestor!u probably picked him up in a white van on his way to school.

Lol smart title btw!

:hilarious:

kingofhobbies
02-06-2012, 06:21 PM
no it is not broken , any modeler or painter would easily recognize what this is,
when the sculpt is done usually they cant mold the whole piece together so they have to cut it,and while assembly and painting ,they dont find the time or bother to fix this issue since it is under cloth, so wouldnt matter while display since it is supposed to be displayed dressed, on the contrary there is something nice about PCS Ryu (but not guile) that at least you can see a sculpted leg and some others you dont see a leg sculpted at all like in a lot of premium formats from sideshow, i really ask them to find the time to fix these little things, well it DOES matter to us

GUILTY GEAR
02-06-2012, 09:44 PM
that pics is too funny.....:laugh:

OuttaSight
02-06-2012, 11:32 PM
Its the only way to get the pants on.

Rokdweller
02-06-2012, 11:50 PM

Appreciate the clarification. Love this line! I'm pretty new to collecting and have focused solely on this SF collection. They are a great representation of the characters. I enjoyed many hours of playing SF II with my kids so these are pretty special. Thanks… Keep ‘em coming!! :thumbs2:

kingofhobbies
02-07-2012, 02:30 AM

would you kindly explain why is that !!
i believe that if you remove ryu from the base , the pants will go on and off so easily
your explanation would be appreciated

Andrew
02-07-2012, 02:45 AM
Ryu and Ken cannot be removed from the base as they are glued in. Zangief was the first character that was detached from the base.

OuttaSight
02-07-2012, 04:12 AM
would you kindly explain why is that !!
i believe that if you remove ryu from the base , the pants will go on and off so easily
your explanation would be appreciated

Kens legs are splayed

Ryu
02-07-2012, 04:50 AM
Adding the adhesive to the base to secure the figure should be done lastly. It can be tedious but it's possible to have the legs seamless. It would have to be done by hand, though.

kingofhobbies
02-07-2012, 12:07 PM
Adding the adhesive to the base to secure the figure should be done lastly. It can be tedious but it's possible to have the legs seamless. It would have to be done by hand, though.
you are reading my mind ryu, i wanted to mention your ryu statue for an example, and to clarify that the statues can be done no doubt seamless, and the production didnt really care about this since he will be dressed, and about the gluing issue , for sure it can be done after he is dressed, or at least make the cut more properly not in the middle of the thigh like this ,i love PCS and i say this only to ameliorate their production and leave no place to critic