PDA

View Full Version : What's with AP releases

cstojano
02-16-2012, 12:09 PM
So I can see the artist selling APs from their stash independently but I just got the email about postersandtoys.net selling several Ansin pieces as APs including some pretty rare pieces. But they are selling 50 APs of Ansin's Dracula Reg, 22 of the Variant and 10 of the wooden version. Similar numbers for the POTA piece. I also noticed the pricing is very close to eBay flipper prices. For example the Ansin POTA poster is selling for 100 today which is actually slightly higher than recent eBay sales.

For longer timers, is this a new thing (selling APs after the original run drops and sells out). And if this is a new thing is this step 1 in the end game for the craze as people realize the artificial rarity is less rare than they thought? And do these APs actually sell for more than the normal numbered run? I was looking at the Richard Jurassic Park APs and the answer seems to be NO.

FROBAY
02-16-2012, 12:36 PM
So I can see the artist selling APs from their stash independently but I just got the email about postersandtoys.net selling several Ansin pieces as APs including some pretty rare pieces. But they are selling 50 APs of Ansin's Dracula Reg, 22 of the Variant and 10 of the wooden version. Similar numbers for the POTA piece. I also noticed the pricing is very close to eBay flipper prices. For example the Ansin POTA poster is selling for 100 today which is actually slightly higher than recent eBay sales.

For longer timers, is this a new thing (selling APs after the original run drops and sells out). And if this is a new thing is this step 1 in the end game for the craze as people realize the artificial rarity is less rare than they thought? And do these APs actually sell for more than the normal numbered run? I was looking at the Richard Jurassic Park APs and the answer seems to be NO.

Not a new thing, they can actually price hike the AP to ebay and more prices. No honor among thieves. I dont buy from postersandtoys because they are tools. Actually, I had bought 1 item from them a couple weeks ago and the next day I get an email saying they oversold the poster and refunded my paypal. After that, who would want to waist time with the idiots.

cstojano
02-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Well I went to lunch, came back and they are all sold out. Not sure why the Ansin POTA poster sold out so quickly but I guess the AP is something to have vs eBay prices.