PDA

View Full Version : A question about Cammy AP statue

redhulk27
02-21-2012, 03:05 PM
I have a Cammy Regular Popculture AP, is it worth more than a regular numbered statue. Probably a dumb question, but was just checking in case I want to sell it in the near future.

hotrodhoodrat
02-21-2012, 03:31 PM
AP's IMO are worth more than regular statues, the reason I say that
is because regular statues go through the same process as all the other statues do, specially through production, while AP's don't,
the Artist Prof's are done by the artist doing the peace and are given much more time to each peace, than production peaces.
Hope that helps :)

Dreamland
02-21-2012, 03:33 PM
AP's are always worth more than the regular statues. :)

FROBAY
02-21-2012, 04:26 PM
I would say yes for PCS.

In general, The AP nowadays is a sham, they are just a few xtra made with the regular run and set aside to be labeled AP, nothing special about them. In the past a real AP was a factory run of 1 or 2 for the artist to approve or make changes to before a mass production, Like the 3 Chun's Jerry recently got from the factory for approval - these are real Artist Proofs.

Like when Jerry had the Bisons in different colors.

I have a RYU AP, I wouldnt sell at the same price as the numbered one even though its the same statue as the numbered one in every way (its NOT for sale).

Hercules75
02-21-2012, 04:46 PM
AP's are usually autographed by the artist and supposedly made "in house" rather than at a factory in China (though I highly doubt that is the case) I'd say AP's are always worth more than regular statues because of these distinctions

Andrew
02-21-2012, 09:21 PM
AP's IMO are worth more than regular statues, the reason I say that
is because regular statues go through the same process as all the other statues do, specially through production, while AP's don't,
the Artist Prof's are done by the artist doing the peace and are given much more time to each peace, than production peaces.
Hope that helps :)

I can't speak for all statue companies, but this is definitely not true with PCSC. Jerry has 15 AP's made per statue. They go through the same assembly line that the numbered ones do. The only differences are the letters "AP".

AP's are always worth more than the regular statues. :)

The reasoning for this will always be trivial to me.

In the past a real AP was a factory run of 1 or 2 for the artist to approve or make changes to before a mass production, Like the 3 Chun's Jerry recently got from the factory for approval - these are real Artist Proofs.

The Paint Master would be the true gem of any statue.

AP's are usually autographed by the artist and supposedly made "in house" rather than at a factory in China (though I highly doubt that is the case) I'd say AP's are always worth more than regular statues because of these distinctions

Unfortunately, not the case here. For all intents and purposes, that Cammy AP is no more special than 001 of 400 or 400 of 400.

redhulk27
02-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Big thanks to everyone for informing me about my Cammy AP, one last question: Does anyone know exactly how many of these APs were produced?

Andrew
02-22-2012, 02:16 AM

redhulk27
02-22-2012, 02:31 AM

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Rokdweller
02-22-2012, 09:11 PM
Value of the APs is very subjective. Although the PCS APs are produced in the same manner as the regular run statues, most collectors would opt for an AP over a regular numbered statue if given the choice. How much that adds to the value will depend on the individual collector. I have four SF PCS APs and was very glad for the opportunity to obtain them.

Ryu
02-22-2012, 09:24 PM
AP are usually just extras which are made just in case the production pieces are damaged. They are not painted by the artist. They're just spares.