PDA

View Full Version : Clash of the Titans

cyberpunk12
07-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Is anyone other than me excited to find out that Gentle Giant is producing statues based on Ray Harryhausen's work in Clash of the Titans?

- Calibos (http://www.sculptfiction.com/SDCC05/Calibos.jpg)
- The Kraken (http://www.sculptfiction.com/SDCC05/Kraken.jpg)
- Medusa (http://www.sculptfiction.com/SDCC05/Medusa.jpg)

Wooktroop
07-15-2005, 08:31 PM
WOW!! one of my all time favorite movies, im all over these. I want them all!

Wooktroop
07-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Medusa looks way off
bring on a 1:1 of the gold owl!

cyberpunk12
07-15-2005, 08:35 PM
WOW!! one of my all time favorite movies, im all over these. I want them all!No doubt! The only shots I've seen were at figures.com (http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=2984)... you can see multiple pics and angles. I had no idea these were even in discussion. Can't wait to see them in person.

The owl (Bubo?) would be too cool. :thumbs2:

Wooktroop
07-15-2005, 08:40 PM
i take my medusa comment back after seeing the other pics! WOW! i need these now! they look on par with the dewback! why dont their busts and statues have the same amount of detail as the dewback and i assume the up comming tautan.

Wooktroop
07-15-2005, 10:14 PM
http://monsters.monstrous.com/Pictures/Medusa08.jpg

ashley76
07-15-2005, 10:16 PM
OMG! I used to love that movie! Maybe they will make a Pegasus w/Persius statue!

cap70
07-15-2005, 10:18 PM
That's awesome! I LOVE this movie. Saw it in the Theaters when it first came up!
I want Pegasus! :buttrock:

ps: A 1:1 Gold Ow would be awesome, Wook!

Sniper
07-15-2005, 10:20 PM
I always had a soft spot in my heart for this movie, always watched it when it was on regular TV grwoing up, I have to get these`

P1X4R
07-15-2005, 10:57 PM
i agree. it's a classic!

other movies like Jason and the Argonauts, 7th Voyage of Sinbad comes to mind.

cap70
07-15-2005, 11:11 PM
The Medusa scene it's a classic! I was little when I first saw it, and that scene scaried the crap out of me!

MONSTER
07-15-2005, 11:21 PM
These are must haves for me!

bat_collector
07-15-2005, 11:49 PM
nice, and one of my favorite movies

Cotasnoova
07-16-2005, 02:28 AM
Well...I would say I am happy and sad.

Happy these statues are being made...

Sad to see what might happen.

Clash of the Titans has been quite for years, never mentioned, rarely thought of by many I am sure. I had to order the DVD from Amazon when it came out because no one carried in locally. I have since seen the DVD in Wal-Mart.

I still have this movie in my pre-VHS, video disk collection.

They better do this right...no mess ups, no let downs. I will buy everyone of those statues. They better do a good job, I wouldnt want CotT to go into more obscurity then it is now.

And bring on my Charon statue...

spider-man
07-18-2005, 04:05 AM
I must say I was very suprised to see these at SDCC and let me tell you they look AMAZING!!! I will be getting them all. Mr. Harryhausen was even autographing at their booth. I got my original re-release poster of jason and the argonauts signed by him at the darkhorse booth he is a very kind individual.

cyberpunk12
07-18-2005, 08:35 AM
I must say I was very suprised to see these at SDCC and let me tell you they look AMAZING!!! I will be getting them all. Mr. Harryhausen was even autographing at their booth. I got my original re-release poster of jason and the argonauts signed by him at the darkhorse booth he is a very kind individual.You got to meet Harryhausen? Too cool :thumbs2:

Did the booth have any info about a possible timeframe for releasing these?

spider-man
07-18-2005, 03:14 PM
I thought I saw it say somewhere early 2006 but I could be wrong.

Tattoo-X
07-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Wonder if they'll do other Ray Harryhausen movies.
I always loved those old Sinbad movies, and Jason......

cyberpunk12
10-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Okay... instead of statues, they're vinyl rotocast figures. And one year later, they're finally starting to hit the streets.

Has anyone seen these in their local comic stores? If so, what's the retail?

ta2215
10-05-2006, 03:33 PM
I was really excited about them but I was so dissapointed when I heard they are made of plastic.
I am going to wait to see them in person before making the decision of buying them.

cyberpunk12
10-05-2006, 04:32 PM
ta, I know what you mean dude. When I saw the pics coming out of San Diego last year, I assumed they were resin (which the pieces they had on display might have been). Comparing those pics with the shots I'm seeing on eBay right now, there's definitely a drop off in quality. Sigh.

I guess it wasn't deemed cost effective to produce $150-$200 statues of these characters... which is too bad. I love Harryhausen's work and this flick made an impact on me as a kid. His designs for these creatures still fascinate me.

I'd like to have a better look at them before deciding on a purchase though. A vinyl, articulated Kraken may be better than none, I guess :D

Kirk Durfey
10-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Haven't seen them in person yet, not sure if I want to just order them 'blind' ...

ta2215
10-06-2006, 01:00 AM
A vinyl, articulated Kraken may be better than none, I guess :D

True that!!:buttrock:

I feel the same way! Clash of the Titans it is really a classic and I would love to have some collectibles about that movie. Harryhausen was awesome!

Skulpturen
10-06-2006, 02:19 AM
I love that movie! Just watched it again and it still holds up very well with what I remembered. Classic stuff indeed!
The Medusa scene is my favourite :buttrock:

Johnneeukca
10-06-2006, 09:08 AM
I was looking forward to the statue treatment of these. Then I was hoping they would sell really well and they'd turn to the rest of Haryhausen's catalog. Alas, it's plastic. :thumbsdow

mrmoto
10-06-2006, 06:12 PM
I picked up all but Calibos (shop sold out. It's short-packed) the other day.

Although I would have preferred resin, I'm happy with the price of vinyl.

I think these look great!!! Especially Medusa, who has always been one of my favorite movie nasties.

Wish Kraken had some kind of water base, however. It would have worked better for the figure seeing only the top half.

I didn't take them out of the boxes, as they went straight to storage. Maybe there's something in there.