PDA

View Full Version : What is saakar son of hulk from SS?

Comicbookguy
03-30-2012, 12:17 PM
I like this SS son of hulk statue, but what or who is this? Is this the real hulk or his son? Is this thing massive like the size of the thing? Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

dino76m
03-30-2012, 12:18 PM
wikipedia..

Comicbookguy
03-30-2012, 12:21 PM
wikipedia..

I know, I did a qiuck search but was not patient enough to keep going through all the pages. lol.

Daredevil
03-30-2012, 12:24 PM
use the search function on this site.

Madame_Siryn
03-30-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm not into Hulk but the link below has more details than Wikipedia. Practically everything you need to know about Skaar without getting the comics.

http://www.comicvine.com/skaar/29-48518/

testsubject25
03-30-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm not into Hulk but the link below has more details than Wikipedia. Practically everything you need to know about Skaar without getting the comics.

Or the lip from everybody here. :laugh:

Madame_Siryn
03-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Or the lip from everybody here. :laugh:
;)

Argonus
03-30-2012, 12:29 PM

I read that link; Caiera the Oldstrong sounds like an interesting character, also. :thinking: Sideshow should consider making a statue of her, down the road.

Comicbookguy
03-30-2012, 12:35 PM
So this is sort of like the savage hulk spin off?

Argonus
03-30-2012, 12:41 PM
So this is sort of like the savage hulk spin off?

He's the son of Hulk and Caiera. I haven't been keeping up on the series, but when I last read issues with him in it, he wanted to kill his father (the Hulk), and basically was a selfish child with strength that almost matched that of his father's.
Greg Pak expertly crafted the early Skaar issues; he's not a "Hulk clone".. he's his own character.
Having said that, I don't keep up on reading his series.

Not a good combo. :eek:

Comicbookguy
03-30-2012, 12:46 PM
He's the son of Hulk and Caiera. I haven't been keeping up on the series, but when I last read issues with him in it, he wanted to kill his father (the Hulk), and basically was a selfish child with strength that almost matched that of his father's.
Greg Pak expertly crafted the early Skaar issues; he's not a "Hulk clone".. he's his own character.
Having said that, I don't keep up on reading his series.

Not a good combo. :eek:

Hmm, dont know what to think about this. Is this character still going on or was it a mini series that die out? I like the statue but dont know about the character.

Atheris
03-30-2012, 12:48 PM
I like this SS son of hulk statue, but what or who is this? Is this the real hulk or his son? Is this thing massive like the size of the thing? Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Your ID name is false advertising...:rolleyes: :stick:

Chris

Argonus
03-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Hmm, dont know what to think about this. Is this character still going on or was it a mini series that die out? I like the statue but dont know about the character.

He's still around; I think he's an Avenger now? :eek: I'm not the person to ask... of all the Hulk fans on here, I probably keep up with the character and his extended family the least.

PureInvasion
03-30-2012, 12:52 PM
I always thought that Skaar son of Hulk was pretty easy to understand...:D

DeadGhostKnight
03-30-2012, 01:09 PM
If you have no idea who he is, you shouldn't be paying $400 for a statue.

Raas Kaaz
03-30-2012, 01:20 PM

I have no idea who he is and I pre-ordered it !! I love the statue how it looks and see no reason not to buy it just because I have no background knowledge of the character...

Y3E
03-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Yeah, it was revealed in this weeks Avengers 23 that he was an undercover Avenger who infiltrated Osborn's Dark Avenger. He also has some kind of Earth/Planet power like his mother.

Great sculpt and I'm sorry I passed on the EX.

Madame_Siryn
03-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Either start reading the comics about Skaar or dish out $400+ for the statue and then read the comics later. Buy the statue without ever reading the comics pertaining to Skaar or just don't buy it.

I'm the type of collector that purchases statues of characters that I like and are familiar with. :)

testsubject25
03-30-2012, 01:58 PM

Some people collect statues, not comics. :smokin:

Comicbookguy
03-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Your ID name is false advertising...:rolleyes: :stick:

Chris

Lol! I know. I just dont have time to read comics anymore. Actually I never read comics. I just like the artwork and the characters. This statue just looks cool. I thought it was the hulk from the planet hulk series. That was badass.

ratchet
03-30-2012, 03:48 PM

He is a Dark Avenger now - being recruited by Osborn. Before that he was in the Savage Land doing battle with a very old Hulk villain in a horrendous mini-series. Before that, he was trying to kill his Father in the pages of the Hulk.

I agree completely!

I have no idea who he is and I pre-ordered it !! I love the statue how it looks and see no reason not to buy it just because I have no background knowledge of the character...

This makes absolutely NO sense to me - but there are many things that people do that makes no sense. So... all the power to you!

Argonus
03-30-2012, 03:53 PM
I read that link; Caiera the Oldstrong sounds like an interesting character, also. :thinking: Sideshow should consider making a statue of her, down the road.

People are busy today; nobody hammered on me for this. :laugh:

Madame_Siryn
03-30-2012, 04:32 PM
People are busy today; nobody hammered on me for this. :laugh:

Because there is a possibility that SS would make her down the line. Check out Savage She-Hulk and Madame Hydra, those came out of nowhere. :)

Argonus
03-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Because there is a possibility that SS would make her down the line. Check out Savage She-Hulk and Madame Hydra, those came out of nowhere. :)

True, but that's not the portion of my comment I was referring to. :laugh: :)

But yeah, if they made her... I'd be first in line. :buttrock:

Raas Kaaz
03-31-2012, 01:53 AM
This makes absolutely NO sense to me - but there are many things that people do that makes no sense. So... all the power to you!

I'm a sculpture and I appreciate this great statue...the dynamic, detail and attitude. I dont care about his comic book apearance.
So thats what matters for me deciding what statue to buy our not..and not of comic book backgrounds...

Nitefall
03-31-2012, 02:20 AM

I completely understand this and do it all the time. :thumbs2: In a way, like wanting to enjoy another glimpse of a beautiful girl (or handsome man) even though you don't know anything about them. Or buying a painting of a scene you love but do not know the area from where it is painted. Appreciation of beauty is beyond, (or perhaps aside) from intellect, delivered by feeling, and has no need for reason or even common sense. :)

After I buy the statue I sometimes enjoy reading about background etc. but I often skip that part being awfully laz.....ah...busy.:D

Titanchuck
03-31-2012, 02:33 AM

That's right be your own man!!!!:thumbs2:Buy what you like that's what it's all about

francois_nor
03-31-2012, 05:10 AM
I always thought that Skaar son of Hulk was pretty easy to understand...:D

:hilarious:

Comicbookguy
03-31-2012, 01:02 PM

I want both of those. The sculpt for savage she hulk is...:drooling:

Titanchuck
03-31-2012, 01:05 PM

I was hoping for a 1/4 scale of her though

ratchet
03-31-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm a sculpture and I appreciate this great statue...the dynamic, detail and attitude. I dont care about his comic book apearance.
So thats what matters for me deciding what statue to buy our not..and not of comic book backgrounds...

What does that mean? You are a sculpture? Like, you're chiseled from resin yourself?

Anyways, good for you.

:dork:

Raas Kaaz
04-01-2012, 12:34 AM
What does that mean? You are a sculpture? Like, you're chiseled from resin yourself?

Anyways, good for you.

:dork:

Misspell... Sculptor is what I ment..with a little common sense you would have figured that out by yourself..