PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow Daniel's Scorpion Response, I need some advice from you all

ThomasMak0524
04-18-2012, 10:53 PM

My Scorpion got a broken knee skull pad, some paint spots on the lava and the regular head magnet came off. Here's the response from the returns department.

Dear Thomas,

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. Please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

Regarding the magnets, we have found the pull on some of the magnets to be stronger than the glue used to adhere the magnets. Because of this any replacement we provide you will have the same issue. Additionally, because this is a hand painted item, there are slight variances in paint application to the bases. Because of this the black marks you are reporting are normal for this piece and do not warrant a base replacement.

If you would like to keep your Scorpion Statue as is, we can offer you a $50.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store or any item you currently have on pre-order.

If you would like to proceed with the option listed above and need a recommendation for a type of glue to use on your repair for the knee and magnets, we recommend Zap-A-Gap which comes in a green bottle and is available in most hardware or hobby stores. It is also available for purchase online.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320

(805) 214-2139 Office * (805) 214-2190 Fax

In the U.S.: 1-(855)-SIDESHOW (1-855-743-3746)
Outside the U.S.: 1-(805)-214-2100 x2

Basically he's telling me to buy a glue and fix the magnet and the kneepad myself. The black paint spots are normal(?!), keep the base(I really don't see it normal) and give me a $50 credit.

I am really frustrated. Please give me some advice as how to response this e-mail.

WarMachine714
04-18-2012, 11:11 PM
They recommended you a glue :hilarious:

Serious note, I'd take the money and repair it myself. That's just me tho. Only downfall would be the kneecap. Good luck

A F**KEN GLUE!!!!

:hilarious:

bigsilva77
04-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Atleast their offering you a $50 refund: Take it Bud and glue it. No big deal

bowen designs would tell you "if your not happy with it send it back for a full refund, we don't do partial refunds" Then turn-around and close your bowen acct., because their not happy with your Video Review and Response!!

p.s My whole Bowen Collection is up for sale if anyone is interested. Shoot me a pm

EnShinNoi
04-18-2012, 11:29 PM
The broken knee guard is enough reason for a replacement. Did you make it clear in your email it was broken? It's hard to tell from the photo alone.

StatueHunter75
04-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Hey any one have pics to post of there broken Scorpion pieces post em up. Also post some pics of the carnage after you had to destroy the piece that was replaced!! I wanna see some smashed scorpions.

ThomasMak0524
04-18-2012, 11:33 PM
I thought it was suppose to be mint delivered to my house. I really don't want to fix anything. If I fix it, every time I look at it I will feel bad.

StatueHunter75 I know you have the broken kee pad too. Please let me know how Daniel response to you too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93XuEWyn3C0&list=UUsuaeAyeFgoJy6-3hcJ3jKQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Krueger187
04-18-2012, 11:33 PM
I feel your pain my magnets came off regular head and statue
But that's no big deal glue the magnets back on most important is there Any breakage oh major scuff etc... I personally wouldn't except anything broken especially when is still in stock send it back order a new one.

Krueger187
04-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Question the magnets are glued on anyways aren't they ?

cgdc
04-18-2012, 11:39 PM
I'd probably just glue it and take the credit. I've had to glue little things on a couple of my statues and no one has ever noticed.

If your really not cool with that, just email them back and tell them politely that you are not comfortable with having to glue/ fix things yourself and that you would like a replacement instead.

WarMachine714
04-18-2012, 11:39 PM
The broken knee guard is enough reason for a replacement. Did you make it clear in your email it was broken? It's hard to tell from the photo alone.

Problem with that is the replacement will most likely come broken as well.

derekrodneysim
04-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Take the money AND ask them to ship you a carton of the glue. :D

ThomasMak0524
04-18-2012, 11:54 PM
I am feeling just like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hKj6uNKT_Q&feature=plcp&context=C441cc13VDvjVQa1PpcFP9_umwO6BCjN892s8V8a5KvOKN6PpKbKs%3D

bigsilva77
04-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Has anybody put the Hammer to Scorpion yet for Daniel? Never really cared for the Character and would like to see some demolished pics. LOL:copyc:

johnclone
04-19-2012, 12:13 AM
what is the exclusive version of the Zap a Gap?

Vracula
04-19-2012, 12:28 AM
recieing a broken statue is becoming the norm with sideshow.

loricstone
04-19-2012, 01:04 AM
recieing a broken statue is becoming the norm with sideshow.

Not true. Paint imperfections suit SS. Broken statue is a result of PCS and crappy packaging. SS has nothing to do with this statue.

Don't put the blame on them.

If you gonna hold SS to high QC, then you need to do the same to PCS and any other statue manufacturer in the world.

jye318
04-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Ss did it again, if they don't have replacement or they dont want to give to you, a full refund or $50 refund . So I think you will keep the statue.

IcEMaN_BeckeR
04-19-2012, 01:28 AM
Question the magnets are glued on anyways aren't they ?

Yes I believe jerry told me with one of my pieces that wasn't finished to get and glue magnets in arm/leg holes! This worked for me!!

I can't believe he recommended glue though usually they frown upon us (customers) doing this! To me this would be simply -$50 off judge or other pre order and most likely simple glue fix! Good luck!!

Ps -the other day my robocop premium format shattered in 100 prices and I found them and glued them and you can barely even tell no lie!! Actually looks kind of cool like he got shot in his face gaurs/helmet!!

Vracula
04-19-2012, 01:49 AM
Not true. Paint imperfections suit SS. Broken statue is a result of PCS and crappy packaging. SS has nothing to do with this statue.

Don't put the blame on them.

If you gonna hold SS to high QC, then you need to do the same to PCS and any other statue manufacturer in the world.

Sorry let me rephrase , receiving a faulty piece is becoming the norm with ss and pcs.

Dan_Lebou
04-19-2012, 02:41 AM
I don't even class that as a partial refund as you have to use it with them anyway.

I'd reject that offer straight away. I'd have no problem with using a better glue to refix the magnet but gluing other parts of the statue back together - no way!

And if the magnet issue is normal then they know that they are selling sub-standard products, whether they make them themselves or not.

lukvader
04-19-2012, 08:14 AM
In my eyes thats REALLY no refund at all. Thats a way to make more money, by selling some more statues, when this "refund" is used. It just reduces their margin.

I would ask for a REAL cash compensation.

biglebowski9999
04-19-2012, 08:22 AM
I would ask for a replacement or a full refund. The resonse to the base is pure BS (the whole statue is hand-painted...does that means it's ok for them to slop the wrong paint all over the place?), the magnet stuff is a minor annoyance but you shouldn't be expected to drive around town hunting down some specific glue that if it is correct should have been used IN THE FIRST PLACE and he doesn't even address the broken knee pad.

If you plan on keeping this forever, maybe it's okay with you to take the $50 (which should be a refund, not credit) but if you plan to ever sell this piece down the road for any reason...get rid of this one. This is all stuff you would have to point out to the Buyer and nobody is going to want it unless you practically give it away.

ThomasMak0524
04-19-2012, 08:27 AM
I replied for replacement and if they don't want to do it, then a full refund. I really want to collect this line. SAD...

7omous
04-19-2012, 08:49 AM
the glue is a solution for magnets, but definitely not for the knee pad. the 50 dollar refund is also not good enough as the statue has easily lost 100 dollars of its value with that break as it is no longer mint.

Dreamland
04-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Atleast their offering you a $50 refund: Take it Bud and glue it. No big deal

bowen designs would tell you "if your not happy with it send it back for a full refund, we don't do partial refunds" Then turn-around and close your bowen acct., because their not happy with your Video Review and Response!!

p.s My whole Bowen Collection is up for sale if anyone is interested. Shoot me a pm

Haha this post is awesome! Too bad to hear about your collection. :(

Bullseye
04-19-2012, 10:11 AM
You have options. Return it to SS for refund or accept their offer. This is not SIdeshows Customer Services. Take it up with them. I future these types of threads will be deleted without notice.