04-26-2012, 02:11 AM
Went for 760 on ebay....holy moses!!!

WarMachine714
04-26-2012, 02:14 AM
Fake sold

BornFreeSF
04-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Yeah it was fake for sure.

People try to artificially inflate costs on eBay by doing stuff like this. It will reappear as a buy it now for about 600 I expect.

jye318
04-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Fake !!!!!!

7omous
04-27-2012, 07:17 AM
im trying to collect some of the older sf statues. what are the prices i should expect to pay for:

vega normal or exclusive (not green)
Ken reg or exclusive
zangief regular
shin akuma - does it ever sell less than 2k?

rayphoton
04-27-2012, 08:06 AM
so what is a good price for Cammy then, id like to get one one day

DRAGONTHEBOMB
04-27-2012, 08:53 AM
im trying to collect some of the older sf statues. what are the prices i should expect to pay for:

vega normal or exclusive (not green)
Ken reg or exclusive
zangief regular
shin akuma - does it ever sell less than 2k?

not sure about regs but Vega exclusive I've seen go for like $800 same for regular Zangief
Shin Akuma goes for around 2k
And my local comic shop is selling a reg Ken for 500 so I guess thats how much its going for

BornFreeSF
04-27-2012, 01:41 PM
I don't understand why Ken is so cheap. I love my Ken statue. Thought it would be more popular...

DeadGhostKnight
04-27-2012, 02:20 PM
I don't understand why Ken is so cheap. I love my Ken statue. Thought it would be more popular...

Probably his stupid face....

BornFreeSF
04-27-2012, 03:20 PM

Meh. I like it.

I'm not so picky. Overall I think he looks great.

There's always some detail that people fixate on. I try to avoid fixating if I can. Like Ryus huge hands! Or Akuma's lack of sandals.....

The only one that really got to me was the Cyborg Darth Maul I had. They called his legs "chicken feet". That destroyed my image of that statue. :waah:

WarMachine714
04-27-2012, 10:39 PM

You call $500 cheap? Be glad you are getting something out of it. Damn flippers!

Jyester
04-28-2012, 05:03 AM
You can check out the price evolution on the below thread

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=115217&page=19

Of course sometimes they go a bit cheaper or dearer than this but it is a nice ball bark figure listing of what you should expect to pay that is updated periodically.

Oh and I picked up a Shin for $1400 .. No COA though!

Nyxs
04-28-2012, 05:32 AM
You call $500 cheap? Be glad you are getting something out of it. Damn flippers!

:iagree: It kinda ruins the fun in collecting.

BornFreeSF
04-28-2012, 11:55 AM

"Comparatively" speaking. Given Ryu and Akuma (inc. evil and shin) go for thousands.

7omous
04-28-2012, 01:01 PM

Of course sometimes they go a bit cheaper or dearer than this but it is a nice ball bark figure listing of what you should expect to pay that is updated periodically.

Good deal! What did the seller say happened to the coa?

Hercules75
04-28-2012, 01:14 PM

Wow you said you'd never buy a Shin without a COA. Extremely expensive! Don't you find it a little odd that so many Shins are available without the COA? Why did all these people suddenly lose the COA? Are you sure its authentic? :o
I'd have never paid well over 1 grand for a PCS piece with the COA missing. Congrats though, I know how much you wanted a Shin

Spazzy
04-28-2012, 01:59 PM
"Comparatively" speaking. Given Ryu and Akuma (inc. evil and shin) go for thousands.

ken has more made

equi-nox76
04-28-2012, 06:48 PM
Ken Reg: 400 / EX: 175
Ryu Reg: 500 / EX: 175
Akuma Reg: 600 (400 made) / EX: 185

BornFreeSF
04-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Ken Reg: 400 / EX: 175
Ryu Reg: 500 / EX: 175
Akuma Reg: 600 (400 made) / EX: 185

Why were only 400 made? It would be pretty good (for me!) if they decided to make the remaining 200....!!:inquisiti

Jyester
04-29-2012, 07:11 AM
Wow you said you'd never buy a Shin without a COA. Extremely expensive! Don't you find it a little odd that so many Shins are available without the COA? Why did all these people suddenly lose the COA? Are you sure its authentic? :o
I'd have never paid well over 1 grand for a PCS piece with the COA missing. Congrats though, I know how much you wanted a Shin

Actually I just checked the PM's and it was $1500 I paid shipped but I am in the EU and he came from the US so fair enough. Yip your right I was on the fence for a while but I ended up getting the price right down .. do the math $2500 for a piece with a COA that's left in the box or $1500 for the exact same piece with no COA??

I know that I could never justify over 2G's but at that price it was a goer. With your wording above are you saying that I paid extremely expensive? I would disagree I thought I got a great deal. If the seller (respected member here) was able to replicate the statue, art print & packaging right down to the crap styrofoam then good on them and they deserve the $$ for their hard work :)

For me he fills the missing gap in my SF PF's at what I believe to be a decent price. As I mentioned in another post one mans reasonable is another mans completely unacceptable. I shall let you make your own decision on fake or not with the below pics ;)

On a side note Jerry offered to sign a COA for me if I could get a blank. If anyone here has a Shin and would be kind enough to scan their COA for me with white paper over your own number of ES and Jerry's signature to blank it out then send me a PM. That way I can print and send it to Jerry who said he will number, sign and return it which would be cool

7omous
04-29-2012, 07:25 AM
the custom necklace ive seen on some of the other shin akumas looks awesome, i read somewhere that a member on this forum makes them.

StatueHunter75
04-29-2012, 09:06 AM

Hey come on now i don't see anything wrong with my Kens face! Erick Sosa sculpted it and I think he did a great job!

Hercules75
04-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Actually I just checked the PM's and it was $1500 I paid shipped but I am in the EU and he came from the US so fair enough. Yip your right I was on the fence for a while but I ended up getting the price right down .. do the math $2500 for a piece with a COA that's left in the box or $1500 for the exact same piece with no COA??

I know that I could never justify over 2G's but at that price it was a goer. With your wording above are you saying that I paid extremely expensive? I would disagree I thought I got a great deal. If the seller (respected member here) was able to replicate the statue, art print & packaging right down to the crap styrofoam then good on them and they deserve the $$ for their hard work :)

For me he fills the missing gap in my SF PF's at what I believe to be a decent price. As I mentioned in another post one mans reasonable is another mans completely unacceptable. I shall let you make your own decision on fake or not with the below pics ;)

On a side note Jerry offered to sign a COA for me if I could get a blank. If anyone here has a Shin and would be kind enough to scan their COA for me with white paper over your own number of ES and Jerry's signature to blank it out then send me a PM. That way I can print and send it to Jerry who said he will number, sign and return it which would be cool

Hmmm its very hard to tell if its genuine from the pics..Ask Jerry, he'd probably be able to distinguish a fake from an authentic piece..If its a fake/recast, its extremely well made, for sure!
I still find it extremely suspicious and implausible that these Shins are suddenly appearing on ebay without the COA. How in the world did these sellers manage to mysteriously lose specifically the COA of all things!?
Did you ask your seller why his COA mysteriously vanish? Did someone "cast an evil spell and made it disappear"? Did it "fly out of the window"? Please don't tell me "his dog ate it"?
I'd be real curious to hear his excuse for the missing COA before buying his Shin for 6x the retail cost! :o

derekrodneysim
04-29-2012, 10:11 AM
And to think I didn't make a good buy in Cammy. :D

Ryu
04-29-2012, 12:01 PM
Hey come on now i don't see anything wrong with my Kens face! Erick Sosa sculpted it and I think he did a great job!

He did originally but it was changed by Jerry. You can tell which pieces Jerry did from the way he sculpts hair and faces.

I'm not bashing him, just observation.

Jyester
04-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Hmmm its very hard to tell if its genuine from the pics..Ask Jerry, he'd probably be able to distinguish a fake from an authentic piece..If its a fake/recast, its extremely well made, for sure!
I still find it extremely suspicious and implausible that these Shins are suddenly appearing on ebay without the COA. How in the world did these sellers manage to mysteriously lose specifically the COA of all things!?
Did you ask your seller why his COA mysteriously vanish? Did someone "cast an evil spell and made it disappear"? Did it "fly out of the window"? Please don't tell me "his dog ate it"?
I'd be real curious to hear his excuse for the missing COA before buying his Shin for 6x the retail cost! :o

Lol I dont need you to to verify its genuine nor do I require your purchasing advice. It's authentic there's no doubt about that but thanks for your concern anyway ;)

BornFreeSF
04-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Lol I dont need you to to verify its genuine nor do I require your purchasing advice. It's authentic there's no doubt about that but thanks for your concern anyway ;)

Am I being naive when I say the COA must be the easiest thing to fake? Even I could do it....but I couldn't fake the statue.

Am I missing something??
I know I'm new to collecting PCS statues but if I was going to fake them I wouldn't go to all the effort and not do the COA.

So I guess I'm perplexed by the paranoia surrounding statues without the COA.

akumalove
04-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Why were only 400 made? It would be pretty good (for me!) if they decided to make the remaining 200....!!:inquisiti
Hey M, take a look here:
The ES was 600 but I didnt make anywhere near that many. It was a new line and not many people knew about it.

i honestly dont remember how many were made but it was less than 400
Jerry also stated he won't make the rest of them. That's why he wrote 400 (maximum) and also why Akuma is so hard to find.

Yes that is what Im saying but no i wont be going back into production on it. It would really screw up the market and with people paying $1500 for these things I dont think it would be fair.

Christina

akumalove
04-29-2012, 08:05 PM

Yours looks very legit to me. I can even see the attempts to remove the colour from the beads on his chest.

the custom necklace ive seen on some of the other shin akumas looks awesome, i read somewhere that a member on this forum makes them.

Andrew was the one that made the nice necklaces, they are REALLY REALLY well done. I love them!

Christina

Jyester
05-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Am I being naive when I say the COA must be the easiest thing to fake? Even I could do it....but I couldn't fake the statue.

Am I missing something??
I know I'm new to collecting PCS statues but if I was going to fake them I wouldn't go to all the effort and not do the COA.

So I guess I'm perplexed by the paranoia surrounding statues without the COA.

Your missing nothing I agree 100% the C.O.A is for sure the easiest part to bootleg. It's important of course but not essential to enjoy the piece in your collection :)

Yours looks very legit to me. I can even see the attempts to remove the colour from the beads on his chest.
Christina

Exactly and from an Akuma expert like yourself if I wasn't 100% sure before I am now ;)

BornFreeSF
05-01-2012, 04:34 PM
Hey M, take a look here:

Jerry also stated he won't make the rest of them. That's why he wrote 400 (maximum) and also why Akuma is so hard to find.

Christina

Thanks Christina! One day he will be mine hahah :-)

akumalove
05-02-2012, 04:28 AM
I am pretty sure about that and you won't be disappointed. Akuma is for me still the best statue that exists. I hope (because Jerry sculpted it himself in the traditional way) that Sagat will be even better or at least equally :)
Christina

NWO SCUM
05-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Here's a Cammy EX on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140746945404?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

akumalove
05-03-2012, 04:08 AM
That is a good one.
Just for info: none of the Cammy's (reg and ex) have the brown shipper, because they were sent 2 cammy's in 1 box to SS and SS took other boxes to send them to the customers.
Christina

I and I
05-03-2012, 05:27 AM
we've got cammy's shipper :p and it's true, in each they shipped two pieces... kinda weird :s

akumalove
05-03-2012, 07:42 AM
Do you have the double shipper? Any pics of it? :)
Christina

I and I
05-03-2012, 08:33 AM
yeah we do but sorry, it's all in storage now :( I'll take pics of it first chance I get ;)

equi-nox76
05-07-2012, 05:49 AM
Here is the one before that one:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Sideshow-Pop-Culture-Shock-Cammy-Street-Fighter-Delta-Red-ver-statue-1-4-scale-/110849408223?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cf23bcdf

Sold for 610 USD