PDA

View Full Version : Tekken Blood Vengeance

moon_knight1971
04-26-2012, 12:43 PM
This came out last year and I just found out about it. CGI is supposed to be better the Final Fantasy Advent of Children. Anybody get a chance to check this out yet?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-megx0E7o-4c/Tt-ifQ0eoII/AAAAAAAAA94/WzqhG4pzvC8/s1600/TEKKEN+Blood+Vengeance_01.jpg

dobman
04-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Tekken is great the movie was a little slow at first. (No real action, a few fights) Its all worth the wait, the end is one of the best fight scenes I have ever seen. The real fighters come out and battle it out (i wont spoil it for you).

El Pulento
04-26-2012, 01:26 PM
It started out good and then dropped like a bomb... became wiierd... so I paused it... have not seen it all yet..... But Nice Animations... But No Action!!!

dobman
04-26-2012, 01:46 PM
It started out good and then dropped like a bomb... became wiierd... so I paused it... have not seen it all yet..... But Nice Animations... But No Action!!!

You got to check out the last fight,it made the movie. I dont want to say who's fighting but its great.

moon_knight1971
04-26-2012, 03:45 PM
Saw it for $8.99 on ebay and bought it :-)

demonhunter
04-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Hi MoonKnight,

I watched Tekken Blood Vengeance last year. I'm getting the BlueRay disc to add to my collection.

But it is not because it is a great video game movie, but because the 3D animation and graphic art are top notched. Even more well rendered than Resident Evil Degeneration.

Note: The picture you posted of Tekken Blood Vengeance 3D has Lili with the other Tekken ladies. She is however not featured in the movie. Only XiaoYu, Alisa, Anna and Nina.

Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead
Spoilers ahead

However, I was disappointed with the plot.
Usually, video game movies fail in this aspect.
I felt the writer tried to cram too many things into one movie. Although I felt it was very good of them to focus the story on XiaoYu and Alisa the android.
The reason is because as another reviewer wrote online is that out of all the many Tekken characters, picking a suitable one to lead the story that could enable a wide range of emotions, feelings and expressions is hard. For example, one local artist I know said that he disliked drawing superheroes because they are quite stereotyped by themselves, most superheroes have only one expression: scowling, angry-look, heroic. So, likewise, XiaoYu as a lead is more flexible, because, she is allowed to succeed, fail, laugh, feel vulnerable, dejected, cry,etc. A lead with Jin Kazama doesn't allow that. He's the 'hero', he cannot be shown to be weak or express the things that XiaoYu can.

Nevertheless, the plot is failed because even though they have a central driving plot of XiaoYu and Alisa trying to investigate and save the schoolboy named Shin who is hunted by both G Corporation and the Mishima Zaibatsu, there are too many things that a new audience needs clarification. Again, I do not know who the movie was intended for. If the writer and director intended the movie for video game and Tekken fans who at least have some background knowledge of the characters, then it would be less confusing for a completely new audience.

G-Corp's origin and their rivalry with Mishima Zaibatsu not clearly explained.
Why Xiao Yu is compelled to work under Anna not clearly explained.
Lee Chaolan not clearly explained and why he acted goofily all the time. (In the game, he is quite a formidable fighter & quite a charming playboy sometimes). Anna and Nina's rivalry. How can a 115kg Panda run like a Speedrunner or Speedy Gonzales? Why 3 generations in a family with different sirnames, Mishima, Kazama hate each other so much and keep trying to kill each other not clearly explained, etc etc etc.

But anyhow, if you are a 3D artist or graphic design student, you'll appreciate even more all the beauty of this digitally rendered movie. It is a superb work of art visually. I can't begin to imagine all the work that went into designing and lighting all the characters and backgrounds. Very life like.

Overall, I give this a 4/5 for visuals and animation.
But a 2/5 for storyline.
Entertaining value 3/5.

moon_knight1971
04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
I actually checked out the reviews on Amazon prior to buying it and the reviews are pretty much exactly as you stated: weak story, not enough action sequences but amazing visuals. I'm hoping that my complete disconnect with the Tekken universe (I think I've played the game once or twice tops) will allow me to appreciate it a bit more than fans of the game.

Joey!

Madame_Siryn
04-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Even though I'm a fan of the game, I didn't care much for the animation because it wasn't canon to the game's storylines. The Tekken live action flick is a tragedy and not even worth watching.