PDA

View Full Version : Was your Scorpion broken ?

OuttaSight
05-05-2012, 05:46 PM
While I made a post in the main Scorpion thread early on saying I regret the choice of styrofoam and going forward just about everything will have the higher grade foam, Ive refrained from posting any further until I heard back from Sideshow on how many broken Scorpions were reported to them.

See, I figured if there was a massive amount of broken Scorpions that Sideshow would have instantly contacted me to say 'hey we have a problem and you owe us a bunch of money' as I am responsible for paying them back for broken pieces (either in cash or in replacements).

I finally heard from Sideshow yesterday. They gave me a list of the broken Scorpions and boy was I surprised...

Before I say how many broken Scorpions have been reported to Sideshow I want to do a little poll.

BornFreeSF
05-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Interesting... Can't wait to hear whether it's a lot or not.

Daniel at Sideshow told me there were no more spare bodies. Which to me implied maybe a lot had been returned and exchanged...
But then they have 10 EX Scorpians up for sale.
Sideshow is a strange place.

On the other hand I think a ton of people do not come to this website, plus probably do not post if everything is OK. So it could all be hot air!

Either way, I just hope I can get mine replaced so it's mint. I LOVE the statue. The pose is so dynamic and bold.

Jerry, I think you said at some point that you would never, as some of the other companies do, design statues that are creatively limited by fears of shipping damage. I would prefer you kept that mentality and just improved the shipping methods and materials.

The Scorpian statue is case in point. In my opinion it's much more ambitious than the Syco statues (just my opinion peeps before you jump down my throat!). I'd much rather have a statue like this than the Syco standing version (pretty boring if you ask me).
So please maintain your approach to the statues and just improve your shipping standards.

I think with each statue you guys are learning more in regards to shipping and I'm confident you'll get it right.
I'm pretty sure if the knee pads on Scorpian had been removable there would not be half the amount of broken statues. Hindsight is 20:20 I guess!

Keep up the great work :-)

Cheers
Mark

ThomasMak0524
05-05-2012, 08:15 PM
My replacement came in broken as well. Double my vote...

I followed the Scorpion thread and there's about 20-25 messed up ones at least.

madmanny
05-05-2012, 08:17 PM
I am guessing, its going to be a low number because i dont think you would have started a thread and a poll.

I do think that the magnet issue is widespread because sideshow are refusing to send out new heads.

But total scorpions broken i would say is low (ish)

ALthough i would be interested to know how many are left in stock. (e.g reg)

Vracula
05-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Mine was perfect , apart from the magnet issue.

A question though Jerry why the change in reg numbers?

antnie
05-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Mine did not come broken. But when I look at the statue it looks like the knee caps had broke at the factory and they fixed it.

Turtle
05-05-2012, 10:01 PM

Jerry, please clarify this for us. Has the edition size dropped to 400 or was it a manufacturing error?

OuttaSight
05-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Mine was perfect , apart from the magnet issue.

We were a little too generous thinking we would hit 700....400 is where we stopped taking orders because the factory needed a final number.

Ill never go back and make the other 300 so figured might as well just make the official number 400.

artofgarduno
05-05-2012, 10:38 PM
Wow 400. Thats a very nice low number. This scorpion will become the next akuma very soon

Vracula
05-05-2012, 11:12 PM
We were a little too generous thinking we would hit 700....400 is where we stopped taking orders because the factory needed a final number.

Ill never go back and make the other 300 so figured might as well just make the official number 400.

Thanks for Clarifying Jerry, Alterton an you just smacked it out of the ballpark with this one, the detail on the armor is just stunning and even though i prefered the original paint scheme on the base i understand that the final version is more faithfull to the game.Well done , i cant wait for the next piece and getting a sculptor like John Cleary onboard means that we will have some stunning stuff up ahead.

Krueger187
05-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Happy to say my EX came fine just three magnets came off no
Big deal considering the breakage issue

jetfuel
05-06-2012, 01:53 AM
Wow 400. Thats a very nice low number. This scorpion will become the next akuma very soon

:drinking::smokin:

Atheris
05-06-2012, 02:09 AM
Mine arrives in a couple days Jerry, I will cast my vote then.

Chris

Ricky Bobby
05-06-2012, 02:18 AM

:nuts::nuts:

jye318
05-06-2012, 03:40 AM
The whole arm fall off and was asking replacement from ss, and they offer me full refund or $30 parcial refund and recommend me to buy my own glue to do it myself, what the hell? I pay full price to a whole statue , not some kind of kit that I need to glue myself, and I told them I am complain to Jerry or pcs, they change their mind and give me the replacement.

Freon
05-06-2012, 05:02 AM
Mine arrives in a couple days Jerry, I will cast my vote then.

Chris

What he said, except for the Chris part.

BornFreeSF
05-06-2012, 09:39 AM
What he said, except for the Chris part.

Hahahaha

firefly76
05-06-2012, 11:22 AM

Yea it could possibly be the next grail like Akuma, but if you decide to sell this baby later you better pack it really good or prepare for a negative paypal account...lol

Sigep756
05-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Mine came fine, but one of the shoulder pads did pop off...easy fix, but add mine to the damaged list...

fderado
05-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Mine came with three extensions of the skull knee guard broken off. Not clean as there are other smaller pieces. Magnet came off regular head...which also has a small chip on the upper border of his mask. Base is uneven. Asked for a replacement from SS- no reply yet after 6 days.

marco40alien
05-06-2012, 04:32 PM
My Scorpion Statue was fine and its awesome piece;)

biglebowski9999
05-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Broken in 5 separate places, reported to SS and requested a full refund.

artofgarduno
05-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Jerry thanks for making such a great Scorpion my friend. i cant wait to add more MK statues to my collection!

loricstone
05-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Interesting... Can't wait to hear whether it's a lot or not.

Daniel at Sideshow told me there were no more spare bodies. Which to me implied maybe a lot had been returned and exchanged...
But then they have 10 EX Scorpians up for sale.
Sideshow is a strange place.

On the other hand I think a ton of people do not come to this website, plus probably do not post if everything is OK. So it could all be hot air!

Either way, I just hope I can get mine replaced so it's mint. I LOVE the statue. The pose is so dynamic and bold.

Jerry, I think you said at some point that you would never, as some of the other companies do, design statues that are creatively limited by fears of shipping damage. I would prefer you kept that mentality and just improved the shipping methods and materials.

The Scorpian statue is case in point. In my opinion it's much more ambitious than the Syco statues (just my opinion peeps before you jump down my throat!). I'd much rather have a statue like this than the Syco standing version (pretty boring if you ask me).
So please maintain your approach to the statues and just improve your shipping standards.

I think with each statue you guys are learning more in regards to shipping and I'm confident you'll get it right.
I'm pretty sure if the knee pads on Scorpian had been removable there would not be half the amount of broken statues. Hindsight is 20:20 I guess!

Keep up the great work :-)

Cheers
Mark

Im not going to jump down your throat Born...and I do agree that at least with the first releases of each companies MK products, PCS Scorpion is more ambitious (at least with the 18" Syco Sub-Zero).

What I will state is that it really doesn't matter how dynamic a statue is if it comes jacked up, or have a great chance of coming jacked up.

Let it be known that Syco stated their future statues will be more dynamic on their facebook page, beginning with their Sub-Zero vs. Scorpion statue.

All that really doesn't matter though, because for every you, there is a me, and scores more fans of Syco. Better yet, there are just scores more fans of MK products and don't get all hooked up on mines is better than yours contests. I like dynamic statues like PCS, but I also appreciate the statues Syco does from the renders.

Anyways, can't wait to see what PCS has in store next for MK.:D

7omous
05-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Loric why cant you just leave this thread to the people that bought a scorpion, and are reporting it's condition. These people are giving proper feedback to Jerry which I'm sure he will take into consideration for future releases. Use the other thread to debate syco vs pcs or whatever else you feel like debating.

loricstone
05-07-2012, 01:49 AM
Loric why cant you just leave this thread to the people that bought a scorpion, and are reporting it's condition. These people are giving proper feedback to Jerry which I'm sure he will take into consideration for future releases. Use the other thread to debate syco vs pcs or whatever else you feel like debating.

Im not debating anything with that post. Stop trying to make it a debate. I stated a comment about it doesn't matter if the PCS statue is more dynamic if it comes broken or messed up. Funny how Born makes a comment about Syco vs. PCS but I'm the one that gets crapped on right?

I thought I said I wasn't jumping down Born's throat. I hold to that. I am not debating his opinion thats fine.

loricstone
05-07-2012, 02:01 AM
Oh and by the way, when I went down to CornerStore and bought my Lara Croft Tomb Raider PF I inquired about MK Scorpion because even with all the problems that has been mentioned, i was still interested in getting the regular.

Unfortunately, to my chagrin, I was prepared to buy it if it was in fine condition (even though I didn't feel right about asking to check it knowing the styrofoam situation). Upon opening (terrible styrofoam and all) not only was the knee protrusions broken (2 on the right side of the left leg), but it had some small paint chips on the torso (how the hell that happened I have no idea). So even though i did not wind up purchasing it, the one I was going to buy if it wasnt messed up, was messed up. There was no need in me checking another.

So I picked the 2nd option in the poll since my situation didn't quite apply.

Bruticus
05-07-2012, 02:08 PM
The point is lori that you are in most remarks I have seen here you push how great you think Syco is and I think that is what ppl are getting tired of it, this is PCS forum,

On subject at hand: My scorpion was fine, not a flaw on him. Bought the reguler one.

Now onto Subby Jerry..you hear..Subby.

loricstone
05-07-2012, 02:19 PM
The point is lori that you are in most remarks I have seen here you push how great you think Syco is and I think that is what ppl are getting tired of it, this is PCS forum,

On subject at hand: My scorpion was fine, not a flaw on him. Bought the reguler one.

Now onto Subby Jerry..you hear..Subby.

Perhaps. However, I feel that people totally disregard all the positive comments I do give PCS. If anyone has been on this forum as long as I have, they will know that since day one, I have given nothing but praise to Jerry and PCS and the awesome sculpts they do.

When he first posted on SF, and the Akuma was first shown, I raved about it. I was one of the first people that asked about an MK license and that it would be awesome if PCS did it.

Since I am such an avid MK fan, it should be obvious that this license holds such importance to me, and that I am happy to get it from multiple companies. I hate the smashing on other companies of MK products.

Hopefully, most of the people that poll here will have received unbroken statues. This statue really is phenomenal when it is in excellent condition.:buttrock:

biglebowski9999
05-07-2012, 03:00 PM

That's all well and good but if you look at the top of the thread the first person to post (after Jerry) brought up Syco (for no apparent reason) in a thread that is only asking about the condition of people's Scorpion statue. So maybe you should remind him that this is the PCS forum, too?

Bruticus
05-07-2012, 03:04 PM
lori and big:

by all means it was nothing more then a comment on a reason why lori got a remark and the others did not more of a friendly a observation and reason for it, should been more clearar at that perhapps. and big its the internet, ppl always put stuff in threads that dont belong there for one reason or another ;)

ComputerFly
05-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Hi Jerry,

So at this point, out of the people that have opened their statues:

23, broken and reported
6, broken and not reported
14, fine

so we have 67.4% damage rate with a 53% report rate, (46% report rate if you count the ones who have not opened theirs). You'll probably have a few more stragglers roll in later, but can you please enlighten us with what Sideshow told you about breakages?

Beyond that, I would love to hear your thoughts on whether you personally believe these statues are of a 'quality' construction?

Finally, I was wondering what is going to happen to all of the pieces that are going to be returned? Do you have to refund Sideshow for all of those and then have to pay to have them shipped back to you? It seems like a lot of expense, and a lot of customer dissatisfaction that could be avoided by upping the discount that is Sideshow is offering. $35 is a joke for statues that are coming broken in several places, magnets falling out, and all of the future failures the construction of this piece almost guarantees. It scares me to think that a lot of these will be glued back together, and then miraculously end up on 'Second Chance'.

These are just questions. No agenda. Just generally interested in what happens when issues of this magnitude occur.

ThomasMak0524
05-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Daniel just replied me that there are no more replacements. I will need to return it for a full refund.(but there is 10 ex in-stock, right?!)

Anyone can tell me after I return it and get a full refund, will I be able to place a new order again since it is still in-stock?

SO I WAITED 10 MONTHS FOR NOTHING. WASTED ALL MY ENERGY.(ordering, waiting, cleaning up the mess,return process, return process etc. etcs.) GO THROUGH ALL THIS CRAP. ARR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

firefly76
05-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Place the new order for a new one, then return the broken one if you have the funds available. You will still get your cash back to replace the money you used to secure the new one

As a matter of fact just flex it and then call them when you get your full refund to pay the balance will only cost the NRD because you will have your refund before the first payment is due.

ThomasMak0524
05-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Is that possible? I thought this is limited to 1 pc per customer and I can only place a new one unless the old order is cancelled.

firefly76
05-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Dude you wont know til you try. So just try it. Limit to one is probably when you preorder. Rules shouldn't stop you from getting the mighty scorpion. C'mon man

ThomasMak0524
05-07-2012, 11:13 PM
It didn't work. This sucks.

firefly76
05-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Dang it bro, I was hoping it worked out for you. Good luck bro hope you get your statue

Atheris
05-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Got mine today, everythig came out fine, no issues!

Awesome piece!

Chris

crazy_legs03
05-07-2012, 11:36 PM
It didn't work. This sucks.

Create another account...
That's the only way to get around SS and their bizarre policy of not exchanging when there's 10 available.

Unless they know that the chances of them being broken is high and not worth resending it.

Vaako
05-08-2012, 03:23 AM
Yea it could possibly be the next grail like Akuma, but if you decide to sell this baby later you better pack it really good or prepare for a negative paypal account...lol

exactly :laugh::laugh:

Bruticus
05-08-2012, 05:09 AM
Hi Jerry,

So at this point, out of the people that have opened their statues:

23, broken and reported
6, broken and not reported
14, fine

so we have 67.4% damage rate with a 53% report rate, (46% report rate if you count the ones who have not opened theirs). You'll probably have a few more stragglers roll in later, but can you please enlighten us with what Sideshow told you about breakages?

Beyond that, I would love to hear your thoughts on whether you personally believe these statues are of a 'quality' construction?

Finally, I was wondering what is going to happen to all of the pieces that are going to be returned? Do you have to refund Sideshow for all of those and then have to pay to have them shipped back to you? It seems like a lot of expense, and a lot of customer dissatisfaction that could be avoided by upping the discount that is Sideshow is offering. $35 is a joke for statues that are coming broken in several places, magnets falling out, and all of the future failures the construction of this piece almost guarantees. It scares me to think that a lot of these will be glued back together, and then miraculously end up on 'Second Chance'.

These are just questions. No agenda. Just generally interested in what happens when issues of this magnitude occur.

Since we are toying with statistics then one can do like this. If I assume that these are the only ones damaged then we have 29 damage pieaces of 700 about 4.1% and a whooping 95.9 % that are fine. Even if I dubbble the damaged ammount it would still not reach 10% and the pieces that were fine would be over 90%.

Therefore putting in % and adding it to this thread like you do cause noting more then fule to te fire. The statistics looks bad if you do it the way you do it and since you only know about 43 in total of all 700 pieces (ex +reg) your post means little.

Statistics can be changed, pointed, improved to get the result you want. This is such a small isolated communety were not even 10% are acounted for and therefore you can not give a clear % of how good/bad the damaged ratio is.

So in both PCS, Sideshow, GG or whatever, dont toss % around like this because it adds nothing , unless you have a bigger set numbers, in a case like this with 700 pieces, you need atleast 150-200 to get a correct estimated results.

firefly76
05-08-2012, 06:02 AM
I think they stopped at 400 pieces bro, look at the bottom of your base

Bruticus
05-08-2012, 06:25 AM
Yes 400 reguler but the damaged ppl are reporting in are both ex and reg. there were 300 ex and 400 reg if not misstaken so 700 in total.

Mannequin
05-08-2012, 06:26 AM
Mine is still on the way over back to Asia. 3 more weeks for me

FROBAY
05-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Thats a whole lot of damages. Sorry to hear that.

biglebowski9999
05-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Since we are toying with statistics then one can do like this. If I assume that these are the only ones damaged then we have 29 damage pieaces of 700 about 4.1% and a whooping 95.9 % that are fine. Even if I dubbble the damaged ammount it would still not reach 10% and the pieces that were fine would be over 90%.

Therefore putting in % and adding it to this thread like you do cause noting more then fule to te fire. The statistics looks bad if you do it the way you do it and since you only know about 43 in total of all 700 pieces (ex +reg) your post means little.

Statistics can be changed, pointed, improved to get the result you want. This is such a small isolated communety were not even 10% are acounted for and therefore you can not give a clear % of how good/bad the damaged ratio is.

So in both PCS, Sideshow, GG or whatever, dont toss % around like this because it adds nothing , unless you have a bigger set numbers, in a case like this with 700 pieces, you need atleast 150-200 to get a correct estimated results.

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1312644019061.jpg

Bruticus
05-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Thats a whole lot of damages. Sorry to hear that.

so 30 reported brooken statues of 700 is alot...?

I fully understand the baisic of mathematics and statistic is hard for most ppl to grasp....youll learn eventually.

FROBAY
05-08-2012, 08:47 AM

I fully understand the baisic of mathematics and statistic is hard for most ppl to grasp....youll learn eventually.

Be real man, Look at the poll again and think a minute......Does it look like all 700 owners voted in this poll...no.

But for the amount of people that did vote, the breakage is high. The poll is probly a fair representation on a whole.

gagaliya
05-08-2012, 09:25 AM
so jerry what was the final number from sideshow?

biglebowski9999
05-08-2012, 09:37 AM

Honestly, the only thing worse than your grasp of statistics is your grammar, but that's not what we're really here to discuss.

You threw out the ridiculous stats but failed to explain why you think the 50 or so recieved by members here seem to be damaged at a rate of 2 out of 3 but somehow the other 650 or so in the ES that we don't know about will somehow miraculously be perfect. I would love to hear your theories on how that will happen. Guess the members of SF just got a bad batch, huh? :rolleyes2

Hercules75
05-08-2012, 09:58 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmwilgyuYV1qcodspo1_250.gif

artofgarduno
05-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Honestly, the only thing worse than your grasp of statistics is your grammar, but that's not what we're really here to discuss.

You threw out the ridiculous stats but failed to explain why you think the 50 or so recieved by members here seem to be damaged at a rate of 2 out of 3 but somehow the other 650 or so in the ES that we don't know about will somehow miraculously be perfect. I would love to hear your theories on how that will happen. Guess the members of SF just got a bad batch, huh? :rolleyes2

No need to be rude, lets please keep it civilized.

biglebowski9999
05-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Thanks for keeping an eye on the kids there, Dad, but he pretty much started it with this comment:

So you can go play pretend-Mod in another thread now.

NorthernLadMSP
05-08-2012, 11:01 AM

Thanks for keeping an eye on the kids there, Dad, but he pretty much started it with this comment:

You said EXACTLY what I was thinking!!! Excellent posts! :buttrock:

Turtle
05-08-2012, 12:51 PM
With all due respect Braticus, it seems like there are some flaws in your statements:

First off, the poll results are not based on assumptions but rather actual reported answers. So when you assumed away all the possibilities of additonal damaged piece, you are no longer working with statistics.

Percentage were obtained from the polls and thus do have significant meaning. We only know for certain that 32 out of the 54 total statues came in with flaws. We do not know, and cannot say for sure, what the other 646pcs are going to turn out like. But statistically, this sample size thus far is telling us that with 95% confidence, we can be sure that the percentage of damaged statues willl be 59.26% +/- 13% (margin of error). That's still a range of 46.26% to 72.26% for damaged statues. You can run the numbers here if you like to see for yourself:

http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

Not sure how you came up with the 150-200 pieces to get a correct estimate. Statistically, as sample size get smaller, the margin of error gets larger. But that does not mean we cannot take the sample given and run it statistically to get meaningful results. Keep in mind that these statues are sent out randomly to forum members from various parts of the world. I am sure from a business standpoint that Jerry made this poll for a reason. If these numbers obtain from the poll is not a representation of the entire population of the statue, then there would be no reason to start this poll.

Just my 2 cents.

johnclone
05-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Ah, statistics. Bringing people together.

Dreamland
05-08-2012, 02:11 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmwilgyuYV1qcodspo1_250.gif

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Funniest GIF ever!

firefly76
05-08-2012, 02:55 PM
You know all this hilarious fussing, and stats could have been avoided by just stating the amount reported broken to sideshow. Then no one would have had to guess or use math(which makes my head hurt) at all.

Atheris
05-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Have some bad news to report. I checked my skull head this morning and found the black paint around his neck flaking off. Theirs cracks running all along the back and front, it's only a matter of time before it gets worse.

So far I haven't seen any issues on the statue itself or the other heads. But this does make me nervous now, wondering if in the near future the paint on the statue will start to peal and flake.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z425/atheris666/0acc36d5.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z425/atheris666/5ea2460f.jpg

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z425/atheris666/fdb54676.jpg

Chris

loricstone
05-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Have some bad news to report. I checked my skull head this morning and found the black paint around his neck flaking off. Theirs cracks running all along the back and front, it's only a matter of time before it gets worse.

So far I haven't seen any issues on the statue itself or the other heads. But this does make me nervous now, wondering if in the near future the paint on the statue will start to peal and flake.

Chris

Now just imagine what will happen once the paint starts cracking, and the arms fall out of the sockets due to poor paint and glue app, not to mention you might want to change up the heads every now and then.

I see nothing but :drama: happening in the near future for many of all you Scorpion statue owners!

Such an awesome statue too.

Bruticus
05-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Be real man, Look at the poll again and think a minute......Does it look like all 700 owners voted in this poll...no.

But for the amount of people that did vote, the breakage is high. The poll is probly a fair representation on a whole.

I did not say all 700 needed to vote but a higher ammount of ppl needed to do it to get a more accurate damaged/fine ration.

first off: Honestly guys..this is not just on this forum but on other aswell, do you think that english is the mother language of all countrys?, you realize there are other countrys that dont have english as their mother language. I could comment on this mroe but I know how this will end and therefore shall not.

second: read again..what I posted, I assumed and posted a THEORY and how I also can turn the statistics around so it would look better and that a higher account would give a more valid ratio.

I know math skills overall in the world are poor as well in the US and in Sweden this goes for adults and teenagers. Not everyone undertands it, and especially statistics were you can pretty much turn it to get the wanted results.

your last comment...Im goign to restrain myself from saying anything..but wow.

With all due respect Braticus, it seems like there are some flaws in your statements:

First off, the poll results are not based on assumptions but rather actual reported answers. So when you assumed away all the possibilities of additonal damaged piece, you are no longer working with statistics.

Percentage were obtained from the polls and thus do have significant meaning. We only know for certain that 32 out of the 54 total statues came in with flaws. We do not know, and cannot say for sure, what the other 646pcs are going to turn out like. But statistically, this sample size thus far is telling us that with 95% confidence, we can be sure that the percentage of damaged statues willl be 59.26% +/- 13% (margin of error). That's still a range of 46.26% to 72.26% for damaged statues. You can run the numbers here if you like to see for yourself:

http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

Not sure how you came up with the 150-200 pieces to get a correct estimate. Statistically, as sample size get smaller, the margin of error gets larger. But that does not mean we cannot take the sample given and run it statistically to get meaningful results. Keep in mind that these statues are sent out randomly to forum members from various parts of the world. I am sure from a business standpoint that Jerry made this poll for a reason. If these numbers obtain from the poll is not a representation of the entire population of the statue, then there would be no reason to start this poll.

Just my 2 cents.

Once again I never pointed anything with this poll but in generall that it needed more then the results we hade when I posted (I see it has incresed with a few now)

perhapps 150 was a bit high but around 15% or so of the sum is needed to get a fair ammoutn in this case a bit over 100.

as a 2.5 year math teacher student before switching carere I have a fair bit of knowledged what I am talking about and dont just toss around ridicules replies. But is nice to see one that can make a critical and questioned response instedd of those facepalm pics that are imo on a very low childish level.

BornFreeSF
05-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Some heated debate!

Just wanted to say that Sideshow are sending me a new body for Scorpian. Fingers crossed.

I really want a mint statue.

Having said that compared to all the damage I've seen I could have been far worse off.

I have damage to the knee pad only. Two clean breaks to the talons (?) on the skull. So if worst came to worst I'd just glue it and take the Sideshow coupon.
Especially as this statue is looking to be rarer than we thought....

I'll let you know about the new body.

Mark :penguin:

Nyxs
05-08-2012, 06:37 PM
your last comment...Im goign to restrain myself from saying anything..but wow.

I don't really think the last comment he made was meant for you.

Vracula
05-08-2012, 08:19 PM

Chris

Oh that is just fantastic

*Facepalm.

Ricky Bobby
05-08-2012, 08:36 PM
That flaking looks pretty bad...

biglebowski9999
05-08-2012, 10:00 PM
I don't really think the last comment he made was meant for you.

You're correct, it wasn't, but he has been so clueless on everything else he's said, why stop now lol.

biglebowski9999
05-08-2012, 10:01 PM
That flaking looks pretty bad...

Agreed, I would be looking for replacements. Looks awful.

GUILTY GEAR
05-08-2012, 10:28 PM
EX INSTOCK, but with such a high Damage rates....:slapf:

loricstone
05-09-2012, 12:00 AM
Some heated debate!

Just wanted to say that Sideshow are sending me a new body for Scorpian. Fingers crossed.

Having said that compared to all the damage I've seen I could have been far worse off.

I have damage to the knee pad only. Two clean breaks to the talons (?) on the skull. So if worst came to worst I'd just glue it and take the Sideshow coupon.

Fingers crossed for you Born. Hope you get a good one.;)

ThomasMak0524
05-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Some heated debate!

You need to check the replacement very carefully. At this point Sideshow could be gluing back broken pieces and send it out to customers as replacements.

dao2
05-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Is that bad? Honestly that's doing it better than fac :P

Vracula
05-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Wonder if what we have on here matches jerrys numbers.

premium_substit
05-09-2012, 01:29 AM
Some heated debate!

Best of luck man.. I have a replacement on the way too.. replacement or refund, sideshow look after you

ThomasMak0524
05-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Just received an e-mail from Sideshow, told me to destroy the Scorpion to get a full refund.

FINISH HIM!!!

biglebowski9999
05-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Wonder if what we have on here matches jerrys numbers.

I kinda wish the poll was public.

OuttaSight
05-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Im too busy to read through all the posts but factory is supplying replacements to Sideshow in case they run out.

Ive been told the total defective/returned Scorpions was 37 pcs.

Considering we made close to 700 pcs Id say thats not so bad. Thats less than a 5% defect rate which is within normal allowances.

On anything hand made you are going to have these problems, but I keep working to try and make it as low as possible.

Currently I believe Sideshow is out of replacements but the factory is making more.

Atheris
05-16-2012, 12:49 AM
SS just sent me a replacement skull head because the paint was pealing and cracking on the one I got.

Speaking of heads, is the 1:1 subby bust almost finished? I need another MK piece soon to keep my buzz going.

Chris

Vracula
05-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Im too busy to read through all the posts but factory is supplying replacements to Sideshow in case they run out.

Ive been told the total defective/returned Scorpions was 37 pcs.

Considering we made close to 700 pcs Id say thats not so bad. Thats less than a 5% defect rate which is within normal allowances.

On anything hand made you are going to have these problems, but I keep working to try and make it as low as possible.

Currently I believe Sideshow is out of replacements but the factory is making more.

Nice good to hear Jerry!

ThomasMak0524
05-16-2012, 04:35 AM
Yea great news

premium_substit
05-17-2012, 12:02 AM
I got my replacement Scorpion - came perfect, no issues. Sideshow packed it really careful, it had cushion and wrappings for all the delicate parts, and sent it out in a different shipping box.

Though I'm hanging for klassics the most, I'm curious to see which MK 9 character is next, though the bases won't be the same, this one with the (iconic) pose is just crying to be a part of a 1:4 dio.

Vracula
05-17-2012, 12:06 AM
thats awesome ,glad to hear it's being taken care of.

dobman
05-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Mine was good but got the regular version.A+ But the styrofoam was all over my living room.

jye318
05-22-2012, 02:17 AM
Replacement came with no damage , but no magnet !! Can't place any head!! I was so pissed. Now I need to keep the old one or get a full refund.

Vracula
05-22-2012, 02:55 AM
Replacement came with no damage , but no magnet !! Can't place any head!! I was so pissed. Now I need to keep the old one or get a full refund.

OMFG!!! Hope someones sorts u out bro that is such an easy fix.

ThomasMak0524
05-22-2012, 04:13 AM
My second replacement came broken as well. :waah: :vortex: :sos: Now waiting for SS to response.

7omous
05-22-2012, 04:13 AM
I'd get a magnet for the head I'm sure people can make one for your. Probably even make it stronger as well. Its metal that can be shaped and slotted in for the missing one.

dao2
05-22-2012, 01:05 PM
My second replacement came broken as well. :waah: :vortex: :sos: Now waiting for SS to response.

Oh god.. the foam.

jye318
05-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Now, I need to destroy the body just because of the magnet , that is really stupid.

Vracula
05-22-2012, 04:36 PM
I dont know how to respond to that. Wow!

Krueger187
05-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Wow that's idiotic perfect body but no
Magnets No reason to destroy it what a shame

hulksmash
05-24-2012, 12:32 AM
Man I really want to get one of these, but the amount of potential problems just keeps me from pulling the trigger.

ThomasMak0524
05-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Hi, Jerry. I know you said the factory is providing replacements if Sideshow runs out. However, Daniel keep telling me there are no more replacements and I can only get a full refund or partial refund.

jye318
05-25-2012, 04:09 AM
Hi, Jerry. I know you said the factory is providing replacements if Sideshow runs out. However, Daniel keep telling me there are no more replacements and I can only get a full refund or partial refund.

Same here, and I told them I will ask pcs about it and they give me a replacement that without magnet , and they told me there is no more replacement and refund.

ThomasMak0524
05-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your email. I will set up your return for a full refund. Please know that we will not be receiving any additional replacements for this piece. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Additionally, please know we are not able to pack the body separately from the rest of the piece if you decide to repurchase the item.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi