PDA

View Full Version : PCS fans at SDCC 2012 (and Evo!)?

BornFreeSF
05-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Seems like this is the appropriate place to connect with Street Fighter fans of PCS and the game in general.

I'm going to be at Evo (July 6th-8th) and SDCC (July 11th-15th).

I've been to Evo before. If you are planning to go for the first time this year check out my video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b53zhfIGlUc

I've only been to NYCC. I've never been to SDCC, so any tips you guys have for prep / to make the most of the experience, do let me know.
Can't wait to see Jerry's latest and greatest! Hopefully the 1/3 Ryu :-)

Also, if you want to meet up at either event I think this is a good place to connect with like minded souls!

Cheers
Mark :penguin:

SARFARAZ
05-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I'll be at sdcc next year for sure!

Andrew
05-10-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm going to be at Evo (July 6th-8th) and SDCC (July 11th-15th).

Are you playing at Evo or just watching?

deansta
05-10-2012, 07:27 PM
I will be at both!

BornFreeSF
05-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Are you playing at Evo or just watching?

Sure Andrew I will compete in SSF4AE for fun. I'd love to have a go in SFxT but it's 2v2. Should be super hype to watch. Not sure if Daigo is taking that game seriously but maybe Tokido and someone else. Combofiend, Mike Ross, Poongko, etc. all looking good. Fun game to watch. Definitely Poongkos type of game - endless combos/juggles.

My gamertag is BornFreeXBL and BornFreePS for the two different systems if you want to play. Xbox is way better online but they use purely PS3 for Evo.

Are you going? Do you play?

Cheers
Mark

BornFreeSF
05-10-2012, 09:40 PM
I will be at both!

Awesome Deansta. We should meet up and see if we can get some secrets out of Jerry! :D

Andrew
05-11-2012, 12:09 AM
My gamertag is BornFreeXBL and BornFreePS for the two different systems if you want to play. Xbox is way better online but they use purely PS3 for Evo.

Are you going? Do you play?

Yeah, I play. My XBL Gamertag is Game Addiction. I'll add you next time I'm on. I just have SSF IV AE 2012, not SF x TK.

Ryu
05-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Andrew turtles :)

BornFreeSF
05-11-2012, 12:56 AM
Yeah, I play. My XBL Gamertag is Game Addiction. I'll add you next time I'm on. I just have SSF IV AE 2012, not SF x TK.

Cool. SFxT is fun but won't outlast SSF4AE2012. I need to get back to the latter!

BornFreeSF
05-11-2012, 12:57 AM

Lol. With who? Must be a charge character. Please not Blanka, Andrew? :laugh:

NWO SCUM
05-11-2012, 02:24 AM
I'll be at SDCC to check out the great new collectibles and the lovely cosplayers in they're skimpy outfits. Oh yeah

Andrew
05-11-2012, 08:32 AM

I knew you'd chime in! :laugh:

No, not Blanka. I use a lot of characters, but I main Guile. I'm a casual player.

jasong888
05-11-2012, 12:04 PM
I'll be at SDCC to check out the great new collectibles and the lovely cosplayers in they're skimpy outfits. Oh yeah

you could just go to an anime expo/convention if you really want to see skimpy outfit cosplayers.

BornFreeSF
05-11-2012, 04:52 PM

No, not Blanka. I use a lot of characters, but I main Guile. I'm a casual player.

Me too. Casual player that is (wish I had way more time to play...). I'm not too big into charge characters but Guile is fun and so is Bison.

I play as Akuma mainly and experiment around with a few others. If I had more time I'd try to get good with Ibuki because she can be played so quickly, aggressively and stylishly.

Ryu, I'm going to go ahead and guess you main....um...Ryu! :laugh:
You probably read that MadCatz confirmed Daigo is going back to Ryu this year for Evo (I mean he practically is Ryu!).

Actually it would be kind of interesting to hear which characters people main and how they feel about the corresponding statue...or if they are awaiting their statue

Sadly, being new to this game I haven't yet managed to get my hands on Jerry's Akuma or Shin PFs, but I prefer the idea of regular Akuma.
Actually I like what you did to your (former) Akuma statue Andrew - modified to display like Shin.

The Guile statue was the first one that I got.
I was blown away. He's definitely one of my favourite statues (even if he is one very tall dude! :vortex:).
This is cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCE7f7QOb54

Anyone going to Evo - lets play live. Maybe we can have a little PCS fans tournament!

Anyone going to SDCC - I'm going to guess SFxT will be there with the DLC characters unlocked so we can also play live!

Cheers
Mark

Ryu
05-11-2012, 04:55 PM
How'd you guess? I actually switched to Guy as my main and play Ryu secondary.

Ryu
05-11-2012, 04:56 PM

:p

BornFreeSF
05-11-2012, 05:26 PM
How'd you guess? I actually switched to Guy as my main and play Ryu secondary.

Another character I'd be interested in playing (well) as!

He would make one hell of a statue! What stance would you have him in? I love his backfist/jab, but I also love his natural stance, his walk, his winning stance, the thing he does with his two fingers raised at the beginning of his ultra.....he's just a VERY cool character all over.

Ryu
05-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Another character I'd be interested in playing (well) as!

He would make one hell of a statue! What stance would you have him in? I love his backfist/jab, but I also love his natural stance, his walk, his winning stance, the thing he does with his two fingers raised at the beginning of his ultra.....he's just a VERY cool character all over.

Man, I've liked him and Cody since Final Fight. Two characters I was happy to see in Alpha, and now SF4 and SF x Tekken. I'm looking forward to them on SF x Tekken. However no hamburger outfit for Cody lol I'm sticking with the classic Final Fight .

BornFreeSF
05-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Man, I've liked him and Cody since Final Fight. Two characters I was happy to see in Alpha, and now SF4 and SF x Tekken. I'm looking forward to them on SF x Tekken. However no hamburger outfit for Cody lol I'm sticking with the classic Final Fight .

Yeah I remember buying the special "Guy" Japanese version of Final Fight for he SNES. They couldn't get all three characters into one game. So I went with Guy because his back handed jabs were so addictive.

deansta
05-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Awesome Deansta. We should meet up and see if we can get some secrets out of Jerry! :D

Sounds like a plan...

BornFreeSF
07-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Ok so the madcatz lmtd editions sticks got stuck in customs. Available online now! Gameshark store.:drooling:

GUILTY GEAR
07-06-2012, 12:33 PM

hahaha i have feeling he use Guile

enjoy ur trip, hopefull see some pic/videos when u come back

BornFreeSF
07-06-2012, 01:11 PM
hahaha i have feeling he use Guile

enjoy ur trip, hopefull see some pic/videos when u come back

Thanks GG. PCS Scorpian is here! But the guy set him up a bit wrong.

If you want to see Evo pics I will upload them as the day goes by on Pinterest: bornfreepin and twitter: bornfreetweets :-)

GUILTY GEAR
07-06-2012, 01:15 PM
i fought andrew before, but he dont know it me. :laugh:

will check the album.:)

bebohawk
07-06-2012, 02:16 PM
The only guy i haven't play is Ryu. Vince have a sick Rose and a tricky Dan but Andrew is a hole different level his Guile is ridiculous i really need to start training to beat this guys. i play on Xbox and my GT is Bebohawk in case anyone want to play :buttrock:

BornFreeSF
07-06-2012, 02:20 PM
The only guy i haven't play is Ryu. Vince have a sick Rose and a tricky Dan but Andrew is a hole different level his Guile is ridiculous i really need to start training to beat this guys. i play on Xbox and my GT is Bebohawk in case anyone want to play :buttrock:

I eat Guiles for breakfast.....no wait, I got that wrong. It's Cheerios. I eat Cheerios for breakfast...sometimes oatmeal. That is all.

GUILTY GEAR
07-06-2012, 04:35 PM
I eat Guiles for breakfast.....no wait, I got that wrong. It's Cheerios. I eat Cheerios for breakfast...sometimes oatmeal. That is all.

:laugh: good one,

BornFreeSF
07-06-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm at the Capcom panel. Will tweet anything new. Bornfreetweets.

Was talking to Capcom rep. Chess set looks like a nice collectible - ES 5000.
Capcom collectible set is ES 30,000.

Both are 300 bucks.

Jerry - I really think you should tout your statues at Evo based on those edition sizes and costs. I've been doing my best for you hahaha ;)

I also put a photo up on my Pinterest account of the Sota Ryu statue with lights turned on: BornFreePin
Or you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XuQkab4Xo8&feature=g-upl
As you can see and hear everything I say sounds really intelligent ;)

I asked the rep about PCS approvals. He said Capcom is expanding its merchandising department because it is beginning to understand the power of merchandise. So I guess that's good news.
I think they need to make sure they don't charge too much for licences but rather understand the power of holistic multimedia offerings - everything leads back to the game so it can only help increase awareness and sales.

BornFreeSF
07-07-2012, 04:17 AM
Evo update!

This is the toughest, most global gathering of players I have ever seen. This really is the best group of players in the World. There are so may top matches that were not on the big screen or the stream sadly...

But this one was :-) Never rule out Daigo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p00tI4EV9HY&feature=g-all-u

Oh and I'm going to call it now. Infiltration to win the whole thing. The guy is ridiculously good. He plays so many characters at a top level - Akuma, Gouken, Oni, the list goes on......
This was another great match. Please be aware that Dieminion is on fire yet Infiltration methodically took him out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtmem1jvtcA

Seeing Gouken being played at a top level only makes me even more excited for the Gouken/Gouki diorama. I wonder when we will get a Gouken PF. It would be so good. Ryu and Ken's master! :drooling::drooling::drooling:

SSF4AE2012 final is on stream Sunday night / Monday morning (depending on where you are in the World). A must see event :D

BornFreeSF
07-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Got a sneak peak at Jerry and John's Sagat.

Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about "digital sculpting". He looks great.
One slight concern is the size of his head. I know this is only a prototype but I hope they make his head a bit bigger.

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh515/msc1976ebay/sagat.jpg