PDA

View Full Version : New GG Harry Potter Busts

Wooktroop
07-19-2005, 03:03 PM
http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/events/comic-con_international_(2005)/gentle_giant/IMG_0634.jpg

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery/events/comic-con_international_(2005)/gentle_giant/IMG_0637.jpg

valemeister
08-29-2005, 07:41 PM
Wow, it seems odd that they'd tackle characters like this before Ron & Hermione.

Virsago
08-29-2005, 07:55 PM
I don't like Harry Potter,but I want that dragon Statue though.What's that first thing?

Ghost
08-29-2005, 07:56 PM
Either way I saw the Death Eaters er wraiths at the WWC, I'd definitely pick that one up.

darth_thorpe
08-29-2005, 08:00 PM
that dragons got good detail, the other statues look poor qality but the dragon looks the busness

nexus
08-29-2005, 09:10 PM
What the heck is with the headless ghost guy???? He's been on screen for what, 3-4 minutes in all the movies. And the wraiths were on for about 1 minute. I can't understand why they don't make Ron and Hermione (the Harry also looks a little big headed). Even with the Matrix, they made Neo, Morpheus and Trinity first. So it appears that the poor character choices aren't just restricted to Star Wars. I'm getting this line for my 10-year-old daughter, but it looks like it's gonna take a couple of years just to get the blasted core characters. Gentle Giant looks to be at it again.

nexus
08-29-2005, 09:10 PM
Not to mention the headless ghost guy is a really terrible looking piece.

Gir
08-30-2005, 12:27 AM
No kidding...just give the fans what they want. It's all marketing though. Gentle Giant wants to string people along as long as possible. If they came out with all the important characters first, a lot of people would just get those first few busts and then drop the line. Instead, they come out with an essential character here and there with a bunch of fairly inconsequential characters in between, knowing they still have everyone's attention. Other companies do it, too, of course.

Gir
08-30-2005, 12:28 AM
The other thing I wanted to mention is that it seems like GG is pumping out Harry Potter busts faster than Star Wars ones, which kind of annoys me considering that I'm not interested in the Harry Potter ones. That's 6 Harry Potter ones already, and it seems like just yesterday they were revealing the Harry bust. I'm not saying that Star Wars should necessarily take priority. I'd just like GG to produce at least as many Star Wars busts as other ones though.

Anyway, I could be wrong about the numbers here. This is just my perception.

Virsago
08-30-2005, 12:30 AM
No kidding...just give the fans what they want. It's all marketing though. Gentle Giant wants to string people along as long as possible. If they came out with all the important characters first, a lot of people would just get those first few busts and then drop the line. Instead, they come out with an essential character here and there with a bunch of fairly inconsequential characters in between, knowing they still have everyone's attention. Other companies do it, too, of course.
That's why I don't have a Chewbacca bust! :banghead:

Skulpturen
08-30-2005, 03:14 AM
That wraith has no reason to be a bust. As it is now, it could be a fullsize statue. Same with the new ESB Yoda bust. It has the exact height of a fullsize... so why only bust? Artistically it looks really bad.

Just my 2 cents.

Thing
08-30-2005, 10:30 AM
GG Should stop screwing aroung with Harry Potter and the Matrix and get the Star Wars universe going full tilt. Theres way to many characters that need to be made....

nbr3bagshotrow
08-30-2005, 10:49 AM
GG Should stop screwing aroung with Harry Potter and the Matrix and get the Star Wars universe going full tilt. Theres way to many characters that need to be made....Just my opinion, and not that I would agree, but I think the GG marketing folk are saying Star Wars is pretty much done and over with but Harry Potter is up and coming. It's first 3 movies have done very well and there are at least a couple more in the loop. They could be planning on hooking a whole new generation of fans on statues and busts. I'm sure you saw the news of the lines that were generated at the book stores when the new book came out.

I know most of the younger kids in my neighborhood are more HP fans than SW fans.

Zurbaran1
08-30-2005, 11:00 AM
Just my opinion, and not that I would agree, but I think the GG marketing folk are saying Star Wars is pretty much done and over with but Harry Potter is up and coming. It's first 3 movies have done very well and there are at least a couple more in the loop. They could be planning on hooking a whole new generation of fans on statues and busts. I'm sure you saw the news of the lines that were generated at the book stores when the new book came out.

I know most of the younger kids in my neighborhood are more HP fans than SW fans.

Yes, but are the younger kids going to be interested in buying statues and busts?

nbr3bagshotrow
08-30-2005, 11:02 AM
Yes, but are the younger kids going to be interested in buying statues and busts?
Not yet, but the parents of these younger kids probably are. Once the parents get them started as they get older, they could end up being completists.

RichardW
08-30-2005, 11:09 AM
Once the parents get them started as they get older, they could end up being completists.

Poor bastards. They never had a chance. :laugh:

valemeister
08-30-2005, 06:39 PM
The more I look at these, the more they look like unfinished works to me.

The Demenor looks pretty cool but out of scale justdging by the size of the base, but Nearly Headless Nick? I don't think he was actually in The Prisoner of Azkaban, was he?

RichardW
08-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Nope, I don't think he was in that movie.

Ghost
08-30-2005, 09:29 PM
I gotta say guys, these are great. The only ones I didn't like was Sirius Black and Nearly Headless Nick. The Dementor is my fave so far, I loved how that bust came out. Harry looks pretty good too.

nexus
08-30-2005, 09:39 PM
I gotta say guys, these are great. The only ones I didn't like was Sirius Black and Nearly Headless Nick. The Dementor is my fave so far, I loved how that bust came out. Harry looks pretty good too.

The Headless guy looks almost like a bust up. Not to mention it is such an incredibly lousy character choice with all the others they could have done even if they did wanna screw folks on the core characters -- that little elf guy, Malfoy, Hagrid (with pet dragon), etc. And where are the SW busts? Huh?
stupid :banghead: stupid :banghead: stupid :banghead: company.

Ghost
08-30-2005, 09:45 PM
The Headless guy looks almost like a bust up. Not to mention it is such an incredibly lousy character choice with all the others they could have done even if they did wanna screw folks on the core characters -- that little elf guy, Malfoy, Hagrid (with pet dragon), etc. And where are the SW busts? Huh?
stupid :banghead: stupid :banghead: stupid :banghead: company.

From what I heard, SW takes the longest to put out anything because of the licensing and how Lucasfilm scrutinises everything which delays the production, that is why they went licensing other products like HP and Matrix, and the bust ups and the Death Jr pieces. Sounds crappy but oh well.

Thing
08-30-2005, 10:50 PM
Not too many kids i know who can fork over the kinda money GG is asking for some of those statues.

do_well
08-31-2005, 11:33 PM
:peoples: Nearly Headless Nick? Come ON! I want Harry Ron Hermione dumbledore snape and a hagrid. not nick, dobby, and a demntor! What was gentle Giant smokin? oh probly they accidently slipped paint chips in each others sandwiches at break time! lol. I want A Freggin Harry and Dumbledore statue! I want Harry Potter to be unleashed by Hasbro to but they screwed that up and moved them down to 2 inchers!