PDA

View Full Version : Which Barbarian Version To Buy???

loricstone
05-24-2012, 04:22 PM
So, there are two versions of this new Barbarian statue that are due for release real soon. But which one to buy? I like the plain one, but I also like the Blood bath Version as well. In any case, they both look awesome!!!

Decisions decisions!!!

http://i48.tinypic.com/10qfl7q.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/30dhysg.jpg

johnclone
05-24-2012, 05:31 PM
:itsb:

The bloody one doesn't actually make sense. It's more stylized I guess.

jimaras2099
05-24-2012, 05:33 PM
blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jetfuel
05-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Looks more like a male colthing model than a Barbarian. Needs more size to him. That aside, sans blood looks better to me.

zeus
05-24-2012, 09:52 PM
regular one for me

Remember Me?
05-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Regular one makes more sense.

testsubject25
05-24-2012, 10:33 PM
REGULAR, the bloody version looks like some Frost Giant used a skull farmer for a tampon.

Nidgit
05-25-2012, 12:37 AM
REGULAR, the bloody version looks like some Frost Giant used a skull farmer for a tampon.

WTF :laugh:

Astounding
05-25-2012, 01:16 AM
The blood is too much.

johnclone
05-25-2012, 02:16 AM
I think it would have worked much better with the blood on the sword, and then very minor drops here and there under the sword running down on a FEW skulls.

Halcyon
05-25-2012, 07:41 AM

WTF :laugh:

:laugh: good one :laugh:

Halcyon
05-25-2012, 07:49 AM
I think it would have worked much better with the blood on the sword, and then very minor drops here and there under the sword running down on a FEW skulls.

Yes, when you go for the regular one, you can add as much blood to it as you want/like..
Many brands have "Blood paints", thick blood or even cleartype blood etc, I'm no painter but blood is doable :battherapy:

gagaliya
06-02-2012, 06:13 PM
blood all the way! barbarian and bloody go hand in hand, it's messy and looks great.

The plain version is a bit dull especially since he has the sword out indicating a battle..

Overall I really like this statue it has an epic pose holding a bag of skulls with a pissed off face, got a nice Japanese anime feel to it. Best barbarian/conan statue yet after conan prize

Barbarian
06-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Sorry to say this, but neither. I am just not a fan of this piece at all. I am not trying to be mean, only honest. May give a more detailed crit later. Just too lazy right now.

Ryu
06-02-2012, 07:15 PM
Just looks like a generic wannabe Conan. The portrait doesn't look right to me (looks like a weird version of Jason Momoa) . The paint up isn't that great either. The blood version is worse.

Weapon XXX
06-02-2012, 10:22 PM
A Barbarian that looked more like the Diablo III version would have been sooooo much cooler. This one just looks too boring. Even a more stylized sword would have looked better and made it an instant buy. Hell even a huge honking axe!!!!

sith_apprentice
06-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Should be leaner, with more clothing, unless you're going for the Conan-Fantasy angle. A real barbarian would probably be a slight Eastern European or Central Asian, with cool looking scale or mail armor, fur, bow, etc. In other words, more like your Genghis Khan statue, less heavy metal album cover.

Looks cool though. I'll pass, but if you make a realistic looking Frank or Visigoth or maybe even Tamerlane, I'm in!

Comicbookguy
06-03-2012, 12:49 AM
Blood version!

gagaliya
06-03-2012, 08:47 AM
wow you guys are pretty harsh on arh, considering some of the crap paint & lazy eye sideshow has been churning out lately... I actually like arh, their paint quality has always been good and i am very picky. Got the leonidas, athena, and thor, all look very good (despite the piss poor packaging).

And i dont see the sculpt as been simple, they are going for the conan look not the diablo barbarian with all the fancy armor. As i said the sculpt is a bit more japanese anime feel than the traditional american fantasy. Guess that's what is throwing off some of you, but i love it. Will look great next to my bloodbath leonidas & diablo barbarian.

to each his own..

johnclone
06-03-2012, 09:08 AM
I think we're pretty hard on everything and everyone, Sideshow of course included, just look at the Rogue thread if you don't think so. I think there are at least 50 pages of complaints about her eyes and butt. Which is good for the consumer, when everyone here is all excited about a piece, you know it is probably a really good piece.

Of course to each his own, and nobody here should feel obligated to buy or not to buy something just because the majority of posts about it are favorable or unfavorable. For the most part, if I really like something nobody is going to persuade me not to buy it if I have already decided to. But i do think it is interesting to know what people think about stuff. Just don't take anything personally. If someone doesn't like what you do, it's not a personal attack on you or your tastes.

But one more thing, I think there is a certain "collector wisdom" found on Statueforum, and someone can really learn a lot from people here about what makes a piece favorable in the eyes of the majority of collectors here, and what is considered a "fail" and makes a lot of collectors here pass on it. We may not agree but it is worth listening to the "forum" I think, and getting opinions of people here.

There are so many new pieces coming out all year long, and Statueforum imo, is the closest thing to a Consumer's Reports magazine about statues and collectibles.

peace out

johnclone
06-03-2012, 09:25 AM
wow you guys are pretty harsh on arh, considering some of the crap paint & lazy eye sideshow has been churning out lately... I actually like arh, their paint quality has always been good and i am very picky. Got the leonidas, athena, and thor, all look very good (despite the piss poor packaging).

And i dont see the sculpt as been simple, they are going for the conan look not the diablo barbarian with all the fancy armor. As i said the sculpt is a bit more japanese anime feel than the traditional american fantasy. Guess that's what is throwing off some of you, but i love it. Will look great next to my bloodbath leonidas & diablo barbarian.

to each his own..

I can't recall much said here in the negative about ARH's Medusa or Leonidas. Athena is another one that I don't recall much said here that was negative. The latest pieces from ARH, - vampire queen and barbarian are definitely imo, not in the same league as the aforementioned pieces. I think barbarian was an interesting idea that in the end did not quite measure up. It seems to be a bit "gimmicky" to me with the piles and piles of skulls. Some people may really like it, and that's great for them. In the end it is all about collecting what makes you happy, not what makes someone else happy.

I might get the barbarian down the line if I can get it for less than retail, but it isn't going to the top of the list of "wants" anytime soon. Actually, I'd be more likely to get the Medusa.

sith_apprentice
06-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Personally I love what ARH is doing, kind of a mixture of historical and fantasy pieces. God knows we have enough statues of Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Wolverine, The Hulk, Alien, Predator, Batman, Terminator, Iron Man and Wonder Woman... it's nice to have something original. Personally, I'm in love with ARH's Athena and Genghis, but haven't bought them yet.

SKORPIO8
06-03-2012, 10:51 AM

I totally agree ,thereafter i would go for regular one

skorpsta
06-03-2012, 11:27 AM
if it was 1/6th id get the reg version, i love how this came out i like the fact that he has barbarian paints on..looks real nice!!

loricstone
06-03-2012, 01:47 PM
I can't recall much said here in the negative about ARH's Medusa or Leonidas. Athena is another one that I don't recall much said here that was negative. The latest pieces from ARH, - vampire queen and barbarian are definitely imo, not in the same league as the aforementioned pieces. I think barbarian was an interesting idea that in the end did not quite measure up. It seems to be a bit "gimmicky" to me with the piles and piles of skulls. Some people may really like it, and that's great for them. In the end it is all about collecting what makes you happy, not what makes someone else happy.

I might get the barbarian down the line if I can get it for less than retail, but it isn't going to the top of the list of "wants" anytime soon. Actually, I'd be more likely to get the Medusa.

In sculpt? Or in composition? Big difference to me! It is one thing to not like a statue because it is a bad sculpt (this is not the case with Barbarian or QoV). However, it is more plausible if one does not like the total composition (a case can be made for any statue in this regard).

I've always been one that prefers action poses or poses that convey a characteristic of the character (Athena, Thor, Silver Surfer Comiquette, Lara Croft PF etc.). But there are some museum type poses that are also done really well (Medusa, Queen of Vampires, Gladiator from Hard Hero, etc.). And to me the sculpting of these statues are nicely done.

Now I can understand if one doesnt prefer Barbarian or QoV in their poses. Thats fine and understandable. Maybe some wanted QoV to be walking over dead bodies of victims she just drank from; maybe they wanted Barabarian in an action pose hacking and slashing or whatnot, but to say the sculpts are poor is just unwarranted. The sculpts are in the same league.

To me, I agree that Medusa and Athena and the Thor are better compositions as a whole than Barbarian or QoV, but thats mostly due to their phenomenal bases. If one was to compare the Valkyrie to the QoV, at least in my case, I would go for the Valkyie because of the awesome boat base and pose which give it a more action type feel. However, ARH states in the video that QoV was not about action or domination over others, etc. He says he was going for a sultry Queen that is lord of her castle kind of feel to it (not in those exact words). So when he explains what he was going for, the statue absolutely works. Sure, one can think of other ways to convey this with a different composition, but it also works here as well.

In any case with the Barbarian, I absolutely am a fan of the composition and the sculpt. When I see it, I just get the feel that he has just come back from a massive battle and has brought all the skulls of his kills with him. In this regard, I kind of am leaning toward the Blood version which makes more sense. If he has just battled and have skulls in hand, there would be blood and dirt all over him, his sword, and the ground.

So I am leaning toward the blood version. Oh boy decisions, decisions.

NorthernLadMSP
06-03-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm sorry, I simply don't understand how you think the Queen of the Vampires sculpt and pose is so incredibly fitting of the character, when it looks like it was lifted directly from the pose of Cleopatra.

To me, it simply looks like they are trying to save time and money by re-using Cleopatra's sculpt and pose and adding Pocahontas' hair.

dechirico7
06-03-2012, 02:14 PM
I'd rather save up and get the Moore Conan The Conqueror or Conan the Barbarian. They are both classic statues that have excellent sculpts and paint jobs. This looks flat imo. It doesn't look like there is even any detail/paint added to his face. I still think it is a solid piece, but it just doesn't look finished to me. I am conflicted on the shadowing of his skin too. I like it, but I also think it looks kind of amateurish.

I really wish ARH would release Ares, that was an incredible piece. Hopefully his paint will be more like Thor or Leonidas. Those two pieces came out great.

NorthernLadMSP
06-03-2012, 02:16 PM
I'd rather save up and get the Moore Conan The Conqueror or Conan the Barbarian. They are both classic statues that have excellent sculpts and paint jobs. This looks flat imo. It doesn't look like there is even any detail/paint added to his face. I still think it is a solid piece, but it just doesn't look finished to me. I am conflicted on the shadowing of his skin too. I like it, but I also think it looks kind of amateurish.

I really wish ARH would release Ares, that was an incredible piece.

Yeah, but it seems that's what ARH does. They scrap the greatly designed statues for more boob statues.

dechirico7
06-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah, but it seems that's what ARH does. They scrap the greatly designed statues for more boob statues.

Huge tits with huge nips must sell.:p

Ryu
06-03-2012, 02:46 PM

Simple answer to their problems.

http://youtu.be/wSReSGe200A

loricstone
06-03-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm sorry, I simply don't understand how you think the Queen of the Vampires sculpt and pose is so incredibly fitting of the character, when it looks like it was lifted directly from the pose of Cleopatra.

To me, it simply looks like they are trying to save time and money by re-using Cleopatra's sculpt and pose and adding Pocahontas' hair.

Firstly, I don't have Cleopatra and nor was I ever planning on buying her (even though I felt she was nicely done). Secondly, Alex P. sculpted this QoV from the ground up, and yes although the poses are similar (walking down the steps), what difference does it make when I don't own Cleopatra or Pocahantas (hair comment). In fact, QoV will be the only female (or male for that matter) that is walking down steps. It will be totally unique from every other statue that I own. So how can anyone begrudge me that? You can't.

Secondly, QoV is not the only statue by any company (SS, Bowen, etc.) to have a similar pose as to one of their statues from a previous time. Whats funny is, that is the only other statue that has similarities by ARH in 1/4. You guys make it seem like every statue they have done has been like Cleopatra. If you go down the line of statues by ARH, they are actually quite diverse.

1)Leonidas
2)Medusa
3)Athena
4)Cleopatra
5)Pocahantas
6)Spartacus
7)The Barbarian
8)Queen of Vampires
9)Valkyrie
10)Thor

Pretty diverse. Since I don't own nor ever will own 4 and 5, what difference does the pose of QoV matter? It doesn't. Now Angel of Death will be shown soon according to ARH site. If it is the same pose and look as one of the others, I'll start asking for more diversity. Apparently, Ares (which I have never seen anything of) and Poseidon (which is a unique pose from anything else they have done) are in the pipeline too.

As far as how I think the pose of QoV is fitting== the wardrobe, the setting of the staircase with the candles, the sultryness of her body (full and not skinny), and her gaze. Now everyone or most will not agree with my assessment and that's fine, I don't expect anyone to. But to me, I can see this. And what's more, I don't care about her being topless. In fact, I will display her with her top on most of the time. None of my statues in my possession so far are nude.

Also, now that they have confirmed using high quality styrofoam starting with Barbarian, not to mention selling out on basically everything they make 1/4 wise, I see them getting better. Only time will tell though.

Crossbonez74
06-03-2012, 07:25 PM
For my part I just want to see ARH finish a line. There all over the place with projects they dont finish which is their biggest Achilles heel. IMO they should finish the greek themed statues to include the gods of Olympus. Finish a set of statues then go to the next set. It seems the greek themed statues would go well with their flaghip piece Medusa so it is logical to start there. Finish the line before collectors lose interest in the line all together (remember Hard Hero?) Anyways as for the the barbarian statue he looks good but IMO a little too reminiscent of Conan. I imagine collectors might be more inclined to pick up a Conan statue from SS rather than a generic one. Just my two cents...

loricstone
06-04-2012, 02:01 AM
For my part I just want to see ARH finish a line. There all over the place with projects they dont finish which is their biggest Achilles heel. IMO they should finish the greek themed statues to include the gods of Olympus. Finish a set of statues then go to the next set. It seems the greek themed statues would go well with their flaghip piece Medusa so it is logical to start there. Finish the line before collectors lose interest in the line all together (remember Hard Hero?) Anyways as for the the barbarian statue he looks good but IMO a little too reminiscent of Conan. I imagine collectors might be more inclined to pick up a Conan statue from SS rather than a generic one. Just my two cents...

:banghead: Don't remind me. It makes me sad all over again.

Btw, I didn't know ARH had a specific line of statues like other companies. SS upsets me much because they do that often. I was always under the impression that ARH just does Fantasy/Mythological statues according to their website.

johnclone
06-04-2012, 02:19 AM

I really wish ARH would release Ares, that was an incredible piece. Hopefully his paint will be more like Thor or Leonidas. Those two pieces came out great.

I agree, - the shadowing is imo, one of the least impressive things about the way this statue was done. I also think the main idea, to have skulls everywhere, stacked on the spear, hanging in his hand, all over the ground, just seems gimmicky to me, it cheapens it in some way. I get the anime' approach but think it could have been better executed. Less skulls would have made a more interesting statue. This statue is too heavy visually.

Why is his sword so simple looking? I'd have liked to see a more interesting sword with a longer hilt, maybe a bit larger blade, larger sword overall in size. Look at the hilt of the weapon in his belt, then look at the sword he is holding. What happened?

I'm not trying to be a prick here, but let's just say it, the skulls, every single one, not one of these men ever lost a tooth in his adult life? And none of them have any cracks or holes in the skulls. He presumably killed all these guys and not one of them has any actual sign of damage in their head. And here's the clincher, even the skulls on the spear show no signs of damage, no cracking where the spear is going through them. How did they get on the spear in such perfect condition????

If i ever did get this, I'd customize it like crazy.

I watched the video on this, and Arahom states that initially it was planned with just a rock base, then he got the idea for the skulls in the left hand, then he added the spear and then he went wild with the skulls in the base. (I think that is the order he gave) I think he should have just left the skulls hanging and on the spear. The idea to have a bunch of skulls tied up in a sort of "bag" of skulls I think is great.

johnclone
06-04-2012, 02:58 AM
Simple answer to their problems.

http://youtu.be/wSReSGe200A

that is really funny :laugh:

I like how they sound so Beach Boyish.

This statue's response would be "rub some skulls on it"

johnclone
06-04-2012, 04:46 AM
:banghead: Don't remind me. It makes me sad all over again.

Btw, I didn't know ARH had a specific line of statues like other companies. SS upsets me much because they do that often. I was always under the impression that ARH just does Fantasy/Mythological statues according to their website.

don't be sad. :D

Ryu
06-04-2012, 05:31 AM
I agree, - the shadowing is imo, one of the least impressive things about the way this statue was done. I also think the main idea, to have skulls everywhere, stacked on the spear, hanging in his hand, all over the ground, just seems gimmicky to me, it cheapens it in some way. I get the anime' approach but think it could have been better executed. Less skulls would have made a more interesting statue. This statue is too heavy visually.

Why is his sword so simple looking? I'd have liked to see a more interesting sword with a longer hilt, maybe a bit larger blade, larger sword overall in size. Look at the hilt of the weapon in his belt, then look at the sword he is holding. What happened?

I'm not trying to be a prick here, but let's just say it, the skulls, every single one, not one of these men ever lost a tooth in his adult life? And none of them have any cracks or holes in the skulls. He presumably killed all these guys and not one of them has any actual sign of damage in their head. And here's the clincher, even the skulls on the spear show no signs of damage, no cracking where the spear is going through them. How did they get on the spear in such perfect condition????

I watched the video on this, and Arahom states that initially it was planned with just a rock base, then he got the idea for the skulls in the left hand, then he added the spear and then he went wild with the skulls in the base. (I think that is the order he gave) I think he should have just left the skulls hanging and on the spear. The idea to have a bunch of skulls tied up in a sort of "bag" of skulls I think is great.

http://cdn4.faniq.com/images/photos/photo_large/47/47547-33.gif

I think ARH disagrees :laugh:

Ryu
06-04-2012, 05:33 AM
that is really funny :laugh:

I like how they sound so Beach Boyish.

This statue's response would be "rub some skulls on it"

Ex comes with a pack of BACON!

spawngod1
06-04-2012, 05:44 AM
Firstly, I don't have Cleopatra and nor was I ever planning on buying her (even though I felt she was nicely done). Secondly, Alex P. sculpted this QoV from the ground up, and yes although the poses are similar (walking down the steps), what difference does it make when I don't own Cleopatra or Pocahantas (hair comment). In fact, QoV will be the only female (or male for that matter) that is walking down steps. It will be totally unique from every other statue that I own. So how can anyone begrudge me that? You can't.

Secondly, QoV is not the only statue by any company (SS, Bowen, etc.) to have a similar pose as to one of their statues from a previous time. Whats funny is, that is the only other statue that has similarities by ARH in 1/4. You guys make it seem like every statue they have done has been like Cleopatra. If you go down the line of statues by ARH, they are actually quite diverse.

1)Leonidas
2)Medusa
3)Athena
4)Cleopatra
5)Pocahantas
6)Spartacus
7)The Barbarian
8)Queen of Vampires
9)Valkyrie
10)Thor

Pretty diverse. Since I don't own nor ever will own 4 and 5, what difference does the pose of QoV matter? It doesn't. Now Angel of Death will be shown soon according to ARH site. If it is the same pose and look as one of the others, I'll start asking for more diversity. Apparently, Ares (which I have never seen anything of) and Poseidon (which is a unique pose from anything else they have done) are in the pipeline too.

As far as how I think the pose of QoV is fitting== the wardrobe, the setting of the staircase with the candles, the sultryness of her body (full and not skinny), and her gaze. Now everyone or most will not agree with my assessment and that's fine, I don't expect anyone to. But to me, I can see this. And what's more, I don't care about her being topless. In fact, I will display her with her top on most of the time. None of my statues in my possession so far are nude.

Also, now that they have confirmed using high quality styrofoam starting with Barbarian, not to mention selling out on basically everything they make 1/4 wise, I see them getting better. Only time will tell though.

Working for ARH?:laugh:

johnclone
06-04-2012, 06:02 AM
http://cdn4.faniq.com/images/photos/photo_large/47/47547-33.gif

I think ARH disagrees :laugh:

new Disney movie? :laugh:

You're one funny guy Ryu. lol

johnclone
06-04-2012, 06:10 AM

Nah, I don't think we should go there especially as the mod's will get very upset, believe me I have seen it happen. Loricstone is clearly just a very dedicated devotee of the company's work and he's excited about the new pieces coming out and wants to share that excitement, that's great for him, if he is happy I couldn't be happier for him. I'm waiting to see the dragon, maybe that will "excite" me too.

loricstone
06-04-2012, 11:54 AM

No in fact, I have only bought one statue from ARH and that was the Athena statue.

One of the main reasons I stayed away from ARH for so long is due to their poor styrofoam they used in their packaging.

Now that the styrofoam is being upgraded to the high quality styrofoam starting with Barbarian, my interest in the line has piqued.

I have always thought the sculpts and characters ARH does were top notch, and this is the only company I know that does mythological characters and also dabble in fantasy!

I don't work for ARH:laugh: but I won't lie to you, if I was offered a job I'd take it as I can't a damn job out here in Cali and I have a damn degree.:banghead:

Ryu
06-04-2012, 01:35 PM
new Disney movie? :laugh:

You're one funny guy Ryu. lol

Aw, thank you! :)

Well, let's just say ARH has a itty-bitty, teensy-weezy, tiny temper problem. And as a result, a koala got socked in the jaw. :laugh:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1a8kf8ivG1r9qxxx.gif
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2cesvHnvp1r0c2o8.gif

johnclone
06-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Aw, thank you! :)

Well, let's just say ARH has a itty-bitty, teensy-weezy, tiny temper problem. And as a result, a koala got socked in the jaw. :laugh:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1a8kf8ivG1r9qxxx.gif
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2cesvHnvp1r0c2o8.gif

PMH tantrum lol

the guy in the second gif looks a lot like Homer did when he had hair

Nyxs
06-04-2012, 08:14 PM
The base really reminds me of the Mystique comiquette base.

NorthernLadMSP
06-04-2012, 08:52 PM
The base really reminds me of the Mystique comiquette base.

I thought the exact same thing! :goodpost:

gagaliya
06-05-2012, 02:53 AM

good god, if you want to be this picky, any statue can be taken apart like this. More detail on the sword would be nice, but they did not mess up the sword... More detail on "anything" can be said for any statue...

the skulls are an essential part of conan, it captures the essence of the character, no way does it cheapens it.

This is not the world's best statue but a very nice piece that looks epic..it's unfair some of those negative nitpicks.

How did i ended up defending arh i will never know...

http://www.infamouskidd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/conan-the-barbarian-2011-teaser-poster.jpg

Barbarian
06-05-2012, 02:57 AM
Did you think this was Conan, g? This is not Conan, nor are these points nitpicky by any definition of the term. They are observant and precise critiques. If you like this piece, that's fine and dandy. If someone else does not, it is also fine and dandy. If this was actually Conan, I would say it was a much larger fail. This is the "Barbarian" piece.

johnclone
06-05-2012, 03:04 AM
good god, if you want to be this picky, any statue can be taken apart like this. More detail on the sword would be nice, but they did not mess up the sword... More detail on "anything" can be said for any statue...

the skulls are an essential part of conan, it captures the essence of the character, no way does it cheapens it.

This is not the world's best statue but a very nice piece that looks epic..it's unfair some of those negative nitpicks.

How did i ended up defending arh i will never know...

http://www.infamouskidd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/conan-the-barbarian-2011-teaser-poster.jpg

gagaliya, thanks for reading my critiques, but come on now, if you are going to respond to them please respond to them

I never said they "messed up" the sword but I did say that I thought it was simple looking, and did give specifics on what I would have thought would have made it better. Look at the hilt of the sword in the sheath on his belt, then look at the sword handle in his hand. Which one looks like it could be difficult to hold onto in a fight?

"Why is his sword so simple looking? I'd have liked to see a more interesting sword with a longer hilt, maybe a bit larger blade, larger sword overall in size. Look at the hilt of the weapon in his belt, then look at the sword he is holding. What happened?"

Now gagaliya, you appear to be agreeing with me on this because you said:

"More detail on the sword would be nice, but they did not mess up the sword... More detail on "anything" can be said for any statue..."

Again, I never said they "messed" up the sword.

But we do both agree that more detail would be nice. Then you go on to say "more detail on "anything" can be said for any statue" - case in point, I have not seen anyone ever complain that the Vampirella PF lacks any detail with the exception of the missing symbol on her outfit. Apparently everyone is satisified with the details on that statue, except for the missing symbol. So there seems to be a way to have just enough detail on a statue, that satisfies most people. To me the figure of the barbarian is wearing all the appropriate clothing, and looks fine posewise. But the glaring omission to me is that the sword in his right hand is lacking size and some details wouldn't hurt. Now you did agree with me on that so let's just agree on that, we both feel the sword is lacking.

I really hope for great things for ARH, and don't have anything against anyone. This is about the statue, this is about what the potential consumer of a product thinks about what is being offered. That's one reason why I read the posts on this forum, although definitely not the only one. But I don't think we should be ashamed to voice our disapproval of certain aspects of a statue, provided that like what Loricstone said, a proper critique is not all negative, you also try and say what you do like about the piece, and I believe I have been doing that. For example, the sculpted hair on this statue is a real strong point I think, the way it is half covering his face. It is definitely one of the major defining parts of the statue, and I think it really works.

Finally, let me just say, in the poster above that you posted for the CONAN film, notice the artist barely included ANY teeth in the skulls. And some of the skulls look to me like they were really beaten up a bit. Maybe a lot of people look at that poster and don't even realize that, but imagine if the poster had all these perfect skulls with perfect teeth, you think anyone would have noticed then?

Barbarian
06-05-2012, 03:11 AM
PS: G, when making a point about Conan, do not choose the absolute cheesiest version available. There are PLENTY of splendid sources of Conan art available. The movie poster of the worst version of the character is a pretty poor backing to any point. http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/sparhawk71/Avatars%20and%20GIFs/Sideshow%20Freaks%20gifs/lecture.gif

johnclone
06-05-2012, 03:40 AM
Just to be clear everyone, I don't think you have to love everything about a statue to like the statue, or to want to own it. Finding faults with something doesn't necessarily mean you can't learn to live with those things you find fault with, and there are always going to be certain pieces which speak to you like no other pieces do, whether or not you like everything about them or not.

Like for example, the Weta Morgul Lord. I really like that statue, despite the fact that the paintjob or lack of one, is one of the worst paintjobs I have ever seen conceptualized for a statue. There are plenty of strengths in the sculpt to carry the piece.

gagaliya
06-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Did you think this was Conan, g? This is not Conan, nor are these points nitpicky by any definition of the term. They are observant and precise critiques. If you like this piece, that's fine and dandy. If someone else does not, it is also fine and dandy. If this was actually Conan, I would say it was a much larger fail. This is the "Barbarian" piece.

Yes this is conan-style barbarian, they just dont have the license to name it. No problem if you dont like the piece, but that doesnt mean i cant disagree with you.

I still think you guys are unfairly nitpicking this statue vs the other stuff sideshow released, teeth in the skulls on the base? seriously...

regarding vamp pf, the head is square, there are also lazy eye issues etc..

Ex-Parrot
06-05-2012, 12:19 PM
My biggest issue with this piece is the head and the hair.

The face details look crooked to me, and also look a bit 'soft' in the way they have sculpted. Kind of like a cheap action figure.
But it is that hair sculpt that is the worst. The way it has been done, not only does it look like he's wearing a 'hair hat', but it also makes it look at though he has an elongated head, like one of the aliens out of Crystal Skull or something. Just looks proportionally really odd to me, and pretty much spoils the overall look of the whole piece, for me at least. And I just don't think I can get past that.

Which is a shame, because from the shoulders down, I pretty much like everything else about it, and had been strongly considering taking the plunge on this one. Or at least on the regular 'non bloodied' version anyhow. That blood paint application looks pretty terrible as well (in my opinion). But yeah, just don't think I can live with the weird looking head.

Just my take on it anyhow, for better or worse.

johnclone
06-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Yes this is conan-style barbarian, they just dont have the license to name it. No problem if you dont like the piece, but that doesnt mean i cant disagree with you.

I still think you guys are unfairly nitpicking this statue vs the other stuff sideshow released, teeth in the skulls on the base? seriously...

I don't recall anyone saying her head is square, but we'll say they did. But that is not complaining about lack of detail is it? Aside from symbol has anyone complained about that statue lacking in details? I don't recall anyone saying anything like that. And not just Vampirella, we could pick dozens of statues that people are for the most part very happy with the amount of details with the statue. Remember I was responding to what you had noted about how we could arbitrarily say any statue is lacking in detail.

Let's take ARH's Thor. I don't ever recall anyone having any complaints about that statue, except for maybe the price! Everyone loved it, and you can see why just looking at it. It has all kinds of detail, not too little, not too much. It is downright perfect in many peoples' estimations. Maybe we didn't voice the approval enough, and really sing the praises of that piece, that's possible. But did anyone at all have negative opinions about it's composition or state that it was lacking in detail? I really don't think so.

loricstone
06-05-2012, 02:29 PM
gagaliya, thanks for reading my critiques, but come on now, if you are going to respond to them please respond to them

I never said they "messed up" the sword but I did say that I thought it was simple looking, and did give specifics on what I would have thought would have made it better. Look at the hilt of the sword in the sheath on his belt, then look at the sword handle in his hand. Which one looks like it could be difficult to hold onto in a fight?

"Why is his sword so simple looking? I'd have liked to see a more interesting sword with a longer hilt, maybe a bit larger blade, larger sword overall in size. Look at the hilt of the weapon in his belt, then look at the sword he is holding. What happened?"

Now gagaliya, you appear to be agreeing with me on this because you said:

"More detail on the sword would be nice, but they did not mess up the sword... More detail on "anything" can be said for any statue..."

Again, I never said they "messed" up the sword.

But we do both agree that more detail would be nice. Then you go on to say "more detail on "anything" can be said for any statue" - case in point, I have not seen anyone ever complain that the Vampirella PF lacks any detail with the exception of the missing symbol on her outfit. Apparently everyone is satisified with the details on that statue, except for the missing symbol. So there seems to be a way to have just enough detail on a statue, that satisfies most people. To me the figure of the barbarian is wearing all the appropriate clothing, and looks fine posewise. But the glaring omission to me is that the sword in his right hand is lacking size and some details wouldn't hurt. Now you did agree with me on that so let's just agree on that, we both feel the sword is lacking.

I really hope for great things for ARH, and don't have anything against anyone. This is about the statue, this is about what the potential consumer of a product thinks about what is being offered. That's one reason why I read the posts on this forum, although definitely not the only one. But I don't think we should be ashamed to voice our disapproval of certain aspects of a statue, provided that like what Loricstone said, a proper critique is not all negative, you also try and say what you do like about the piece, and I believe I have been doing that. For example, the sculpted hair on this statue is a real strong point I think, the way it is half covering his face. It is definitely one of the major defining parts of the statue, and I think it really works.

Finally, let me just say, in the poster above that you posted for the CONAN film, notice the artist barely included ANY teeth in the skulls. And some of the skulls look to me like they were really beaten up a bit. Maybe a lot of people look at that poster and don't even realize that, but imagine if the poster had all these perfect skulls with perfect teeth, you think anyone would have noticed then?

Yes you have JC, and I wholly appreciate that. I think you pointed out that if there was anything they would change, it would be the skulls. All the skulls look the same and it would be better if there was more diversity (cracks, missing teeth, holes in the head maybe, etc.). That would allow ones eye to move over an entire statue instead of just focused on one part of it. This is one of the reasons why I like the Blood version a little better because the painted blood has variation to it.

Thanks for all your input and critiques JC. For anyone else that gives a darn (and I'm sure some do not to my dismay), talk about the good and bad points on a statue. I'm sure it isnt taking any more time out of your day to give a fair assessment with a few more sentences.:D

Now once one gives a well done critique, then short, funny and smart aleck remarks are more tolerable. Heck, I know I have made my share of them on Nick Fury Comiquette (Mr. Stumpy) and DD Comiquette (what the hell was SS thinking doing this first instead of a PF).

But sometimes our smart-ass remarks towards an artists work (especially when its the first thing that comes out of their mouth) can rub one the wrong way. And I am not in the least bit surprised many artists have discontinued their association with this and other forums.

loricstone
06-05-2012, 02:36 PM
PS: G, when making a point about Conan, do not choose the absolute cheesiest version available. There are PLENTY of splendid sources of Conan art available. The movie poster of the worst version of the character is a pretty poor backing to any point. http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/sparhawk71/Avatars%20and%20GIFs/Sideshow%20Freaks%20gifs/lecture.gif

Its a dang shame too, as the first part of the movie when Conan was a young kid was phenomenal. I was like awwww yeah this is gonna be awesome. Then the second part was like Wuh happen?:sly2:

But I think that is a pretty cool poster and Jason looks like an awesome Conan. The script and cheesiness was just bad, bad, bad.
http://i46.tinypic.com/34hasjn.gif

loricstone
06-05-2012, 02:38 PM

No there really isn't at least not on mine.

Zorglub
06-18-2012, 03:01 PM
But I think that is a pretty cool poster and Jason looks like an awesome Conan.
http://i46.tinypic.com/34hasjn.gif

I agree, this guy is a much faithful representation of RE Howard's Conan than Arnold.

johnclone
06-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Seriously, what idiot cast Arnold as Conan? What a dumb move that was! He was such a poor representation! :rolleyes:

Nitefall
06-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Seriously, what idiot cast Arnold as Conan? What a dumb move that was! He was such a poor representation! :rolleyes:

Totally agree.

I didn't mind parts of the first movie (the witch scene- I vaguely recall) but I didn't see Conan, only Arnold, the pretty, near perfect professional bodybuilder running around in a costume, sort of pretending/play acting. I enjoyed him in Predator and Terminator (even Twins) but after seeing him in Conan it took me years before I could read The Savage Sword of Conan again even with John Buscema doing it.

shakazulu
06-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Eh... what are you guys talking about?

The conan's with arnold were awesome.

loricstone
06-18-2012, 09:29 PM

Yeah that's what I'm saying. Some of the most classic lines in cinema history!

gagaliya
07-12-2012, 12:51 AM
conan sez DIE HATERS! :)

1) poor packaging has been address, good secure styrofoam this time.

2) blood splatter is significantly reduced from the ap photos and looks much more natural, a definite improvement imo.

3) Pole is made from real wood, the ribbons are leather.

4) Base is handwritten x/50 and signed by some guy (forgot to take a photo)

note: the skin tone is no way close to this orange, it's from the lighting.

There is just something very menacing and imposing about this statue, as if he's saying "f*** you all, die now" It has that raw edge the more refined sideshow pieces lack. Love it.

http://www.happyreward.com/images/arh/barb1.jpg

http://www.happyreward.com/images/arh/barb2.jpg

http://www.happyreward.com/images/arh/barb3.jpg

http://www.happyreward.com/images/arh/barb4.jpg

http://www.happyreward.com/images/arh/barb5.jpg

http://www.happyreward.com/images/arh/barb6.jpg

http://www.happyreward.com/images/arh/barb7.jpg

loricstone
07-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Grats Gags, this is a really well done statue. I hope to get one from Secret Compass hopefully before they sell out.

gagaliya
07-12-2012, 10:05 AM
thanks, contact them, they did 10% off for me even though this is their exclusive, i just had to pay directly not through ebay.

Webb
07-12-2012, 09:16 PM
With some many stuff SideShow is putting out,whos buying AHR ?

loricstone
07-12-2012, 11:23 PM

Great question. I will be buying SS stuff before ARH, but I do want that Barbarian.

gagaliya
07-12-2012, 11:30 PM

I am

Barbarian
07-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Great question. I will be buying SS stuff before ARH, but I do want that Barbarian.
I'm a married man, brother! :laugh:

johnclone
07-12-2012, 11:36 PM
hehehe

wolf-brother
11-19-2012, 10:56 PM

Really!

I haven't seen anything like the real CONAN on the big screen at all..EVER! Hollywood just doesn't get it.
Where is the savage magnificence, grimness and pantherish grace of our favorite Barbarian? Where is the rude code of honor depicted or the gap his wilderness bred life put between him and the civilized peoples of the Hyborian age? Arnold certainly did not have it nor did the scripts and Jason Mamoa was a better look but again no CONAN substance.

Back to the thread...I wanted the clean version from the jump. I always liked Barry Smith's vision of young Conan in Marvel's first 24 issues of the comic, when he first entered the southern kingdoms and this sculpt just remids my of that Conan. True, the hair could have been done better but the rest of the sculpt looks like that Conan and more then made up for the hair for me...and his eyes are blue.

Nitefall
11-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Really!

I haven't seen anything like the real CONAN on the big screen at all..EVER! Hollywood just doesn't get it.
Where is the savage magnificience, grimness and pantherish grace of our favorite Barbarian? Where is the rude code of honor depicted or the gap his wilderness bred life put between him and the civilized peoples of the Hyborian age? Arnold certainly did not have it nor did the scripts and Jason Mamoa was a better look but again no CONAN substance.

:goodpost:

Totally agree. Excellent questions and attributes. :buttrock:

wolf-brother
11-20-2012, 12:23 AM
I tend to get passionate when it comes to the Cimmerian.
Stupid Hollywood!

loricstone
11-20-2012, 03:26 AM
You must be a fan of Public Enemy. :laugh:

warhead
11-20-2012, 04:37 AM
Really!

Where is the savage magnificence, grimness and pantherish grace of our favorite Barbarian? Where is the rude code of honor depicted or the gap his wilderness bred life put between him and the civilized peoples of the Hyborian age? Arnold certainly did not have it nor did the scripts and Jason Mamoa was a better look but again no CONAN substance.

Back to the thread...I wanted the clean version from the jump. I always liked Barry Smith's vision of young Conan in Marvel's first 24 issues of the comic, when he first entered the southern kingdoms and this sculpt just remids my of that Conan. True, the hair could have been done better but the rest of the sculpt looks like that Conan and more then made up for the hair for me...and his eyes are blue.

Wolf brother I am at odds on a lot of your points on Jason's Conan, I think he had that pantherish grace and the rude code of honor...he wasn't perfect but he definitely had a lot of in your words "Conan substance", just thought your comments needed a rebuttal from another passionate Conan fan who doesn't see it your way.

Did love the Arnold Conan movie ...but it had nothing in common with R E Howard's barbarian,
As far as the statue goes...I am up and down on getting one, will eventually get one I think and maybe customize the face.

wolf-brother
11-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Wolf brother I am at odds on a lot of your points on Jason's Conan, I think he had that pantherish grace and the rude code of honor...he wasn't perfect but he definitely had a lot of in your words "Conan substance", just thought your comments needed a rebuttal from another passionate Conan fan who doesn't see it your way.

Did love the Arnold Conan movie ...but it had nothing in common with R E Howard's barbarian,
As far as the statue goes...I am up and down on getting one, will eventually get one I think and maybe customize the face.

Hey buddy,
Fully welcome the rebuttal and as stated Jason was a better look and had the making of a great Conan but I mainly meant that the scripts were lacking in portraying this. They have so much material from Howard to pick from that they didn't have to try to get creative to make up a storyline, and they failed at that too. I will go out on a limb here and say that we can agree that we left every Conan movie thoroughly dissappointed that we did not see much in the way of the REH character.

Nitefall
11-20-2012, 07:13 PM

I was thinking of the earlier Conan movies. Have yet to see this one but am looking forward to it.:thumbs2:

skorpsta
11-20-2012, 07:41 PM
he ooks great!!..the paint work is amazing

wolf-brother
11-21-2012, 06:12 PM
You must be a fan of Public Enemy. :laugh:

How did you guess that? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hercules75
11-21-2012, 10:10 PM
I thought all of Hollywood`s Conan interpretations were simply terribly and watered & dumbed down in order to appeal to the masses; this especially true with the latest installment. And what`s with people saying Jason Mamoa looks like Robert E. Howard`s vision than Arnold? Howard's Conan is a blue eyes man from the North..Mamoa is a Polynesian guy from the Samoan islands !

wolf-brother
11-21-2012, 11:13 PM
I was thinking of the earlier Conan movies. Have yet to see this one but am looking forward to it.:thumbs2:

Have plenty of caffein brother. :thumbsdow

wolf-brother
11-21-2012, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=loricstone;4302793]So, there are two versions of this new Barbarian statue that are due for release real soon. But which one to buy? I like the plain one, but I also like the Blood bath Version as well. In any case, they both look awesome!!!

Decisions decisions!!!

I didn't mean to derail this thread....so on that note loric...
I went for this one, ordered the AP so I've had it for some time and it is awesome.
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/Picture378.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/Picture377.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/Picture376.jpg

warhead
11-22-2012, 04:30 AM
[QUOTE=loricstone;4302793]So, there are two versions of this new Barbarian statue that are due for release real soon. But which one to buy? I like the plain one, but I also like the Blood bath Version as well. In any case, they both look awesome!!!

Decisions decisions!!!

I didn't mean to derail this thread....so on that note loric...
I went for this one, ordered the AP so I've had it for some time and it is awesome.
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/Picture378.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/Picture377.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii605/wolf-brother/Picture376.jpg

Congrats Wolfbrother, looking at your pic's does put the statue back in the want list for me.

derekrodneysim
11-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Buy the 'Steve' version :D

wolf-brother
11-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Glad to hear it warhead, it has its merits. I'm no professional photographer but the pics ARH took of him, don't do it justice, it looks washed out. Frazetta prints in the background always help a piece look better too. And with your skills I can just imagine how you can tweak this puppy.

Nitefall
11-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Have plenty of caffein brother. :thumbsdow

:laugh: :thumbs2:

Hercules75
11-24-2012, 05:38 AM
My favorite Conan statue on the market is still Conan the Conqueror by CS Moore inspired by Frazetta's legendary painting... No other statue more accurately embodies the spirit of this character quite like this masterpiece..the ARH and Sideshow interpretations simply cannot compare to CS Moore's work..what do you guys think?

http://www.csmoorestudio.com/v/vspfiles/photos/CSMS1048-23.jpghttp://www.secretcompasscollectibles.com/product_images/a/948/9986973__84242_zoom.jpghttp://www.csmoorestudio.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=CSMS1048http://www.csmoorestudio.com/v/vspfiles/photos/CSMS1048-16.jpghttp://www.csmoorestudio.com/v/vspfiles/photos/CSMS1048-3.jpghttp://www.csmoorestudio.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/dsc_3436.jpg

http://www.rehupa.com/OLDWEB/images/lancers_conan_conqueror_painting.jpg

wolf-brother
11-24-2012, 11:57 PM
No comparison, the ARH and SideShow pieces were not based on Frazetta paintings.

Moore's sculpts are straight from Frazetta paintings. Can't go wrong with a sculpt of a Frazetta Conan. Perfectly illustrated by the Conan vs Snow Giants statue sculpted by Cipriano, I love that one also. So Moore definitely has the upper hand here and it isn't even fair to compare.The Barbarian, Snow Giants and the Conqueror are by far my favorites, because they are Legendary Frazetta representations.

Although they are not Frazetta's Conan, I think the ARH Barbarian and the Sideshow Prize are great, keepers for me, and I am waiting to see what ARH brings now that they have the Conan license.

There are a lot of talented sculptors out there and I would love to see more of Frank's paintings sculpted by them and then we could really compare, but it doesn't look like that will ever happen. :(

Hercules75
11-25-2012, 01:05 AM
No comparison, the ARH and SideShow pieces were not based on Frazetta paintings.

Moore's sculpts are straight from Frazetta paintings. Can't go wrong with a sculpt of a Frazetta Conan. Perfectly illustrated by the Conan vs Snow Giants statue sculpted by Cipriano, I love that one also. So Moore definitely has the upper hand here and it isn't even fair to compare.The Barbarian, Snow Giants and the Conqueror are by far my favorites, because they are Legendary Frazetta representations.

Although they are not Frazetta's Conan, I think the ARH Barbarian and the Sideshow Prize are great, keepers for me, and I am waiting to see what ARH brings now that they have the Conan license.

There are a lot of talented sculptors out there and I would love to see more of Frank's paintings sculpted by them and then we could really compare, but it doesn't look like that will ever happen. :(

Actually Arahom is taking suggestions right now for his next Conan piece..Which Frazetta painting would you want most to be translated into a statue?

wolf-brother
11-25-2012, 01:59 AM
Actually Arahom is taking suggestions right now for his next Conan piece..Which Frazetta painting would you want most to be translated into a statue?

Yeah, I've sent him a few.

Just look to your left for my choice...my all time favorite Frazetta painting of Conan in action, "Destroyer"!

zeus
11-25-2012, 09:14 PM
sideshow conan is definitly the cover of "Conan the cimmerian" issue #2 from dark horse

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/13-889/Conan-the-Cimmerian-2

And arh is from conan 2011 movie poster

http://theactionelite.com/movie-review/conan-the-barbarian-2011/

Hercules75
11-26-2012, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I've sent him a few.

Just look to your left for my choice...my all time favorite Frazetta painting of Conan in action, "Destroyer"!

Arahom is seriously considering Norem's homage to Frazetta's Barbarian as his model for the next Conan piece. I think its actually better than the original; I like the more realistic look

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fBvyet1NplQ/TlcGpqlYdCI/AAAAAAAACW8/bi418XVn8nE/s1600/Conan-Earl-Norem.jpg

wolf-brother
11-26-2012, 12:59 AM
That's good for a model, however, I would like more of an action pose then museum.

warhead
11-26-2012, 03:05 AM
sideshow conan is definitly the cover of "Conan the cimmerian" issue #2 from dark horse

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/13-889/Conan-the-Cimmerian-2

And arh is from conan 2011 movie poster

http://theactionelite.com/movie-review/conan-the-barbarian-2011/

I think the prize was based more on Giorello's artwork,
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/realwarhead/conangiorellaprize_zps7df5563a.jpg

There are a lot of cool Giorello Conan artwork that ARH could 3D.
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/realwarhead/Conangiorello_the_Cimmerian_-00_TomC3A1s_Giorello_zps001a7e8e.jpg
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/realwarhead/Conangiorello_0-001_zps1302d63a.jpg

wolf-brother
11-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Oh Yeah! I like these last two images in their order, much better then the Norem image. I hope you sent these to Arahom on his website forum thread for ideas.

Hercules75
11-26-2012, 10:20 PM
wolf-brother...Would you consider getting one?

http://nyinker.tripod.com/black_grey_tattoos/thumbnails/400x300/frazettafirst.jpg

wolf-brother
11-26-2012, 11:17 PM
wolf-brother...Would you consider getting one?

http://nyinker.tripod.com/black_grey_tattoos/thumbnails/400x300/frazettafirst.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Herc...maybe 35 years ago, but today I have to admit, i'll stick with my print on the wall.

furycat
12-07-2012, 03:44 AM
ARH/Sideshow just released Conan EX, whats up with sideshow nowadays they keep putting the ES as TBD.

correct me if im wrong Does ARH conan now have 3 version ?blood, reguler and EX.

I do agree ARH should focusing in maximum 3 line of statue.
Just give me the Greek mythological that includes God and creature and English myth as well maybe.

wolf-brother
12-20-2012, 04:58 PM
correct me if im wrong Does ARH conan now have 3 version ?blood, reguler and EX.

Hey furycat...don't forget the Barbarian AP edition of 50 that sold directly from ARH early this summer. That makes four versions.

furycat
12-20-2012, 09:17 PM
hi wolf
do you have it or have you pre order this?
im thinking to get it, but i solemnly dont want to buy a statue that have an open ed nor TBD.

wolf-brother
12-20-2012, 10:44 PM
I have an AP. The EX looks great with the switch out ax hand.

furycat
12-21-2012, 02:49 PM
oo nice i never have an AP (yet) .
is there any big different between the AP and the normal/regular statue?
sory have to ask i never have an AP

TNovak
12-21-2012, 03:04 PM
I have an AP. The EX looks great with the switch out ax hand.

Which hand changes out? Is it the sword hand or the sack-o-skulls hand?

If I could get it with the ax in one hand and the sword in the other I think I would like that better. There are just too many skulls in this one when he has a weapon (sword or ax) in one hand and skulls in the other and all the skulls on the base.

If I had my choice for the next ARH Conan I would go with one based on this Jusko

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u170/TeddyNovak/Barbarian/IMG_0865.jpg

furycat
12-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Which hand changes out? Is it the sword hand or the sack-o-skulls hand?

If I could get it with the ax in one hand and the sword in the other I think I would like that better. There are just too many skulls in this one when he has a weapon (sword or ax) in one hand and skulls in the other and all the skulls on the base.

If I had my choice for the next ARH Conan I would go with one based on this Jusko

the switch out will be the hand that holding a skull.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9019051

wolf-brother
12-21-2012, 04:28 PM
The Ap is a signed edition of 50. That's the only difference.....not much in the way of an AP in my opinion. I would have liked the AP to have a special feature like the switch out hand. Arahom got the message though...the new Achilles AP comes with a switch out hand as well as being Signed.

furycat
12-27-2012, 09:52 AM
watch out ARH, sideshow will release a new conan