PDA

View Full Version : Queen of Vampires Painted Pics

Pages : [1] 2

loricstone
06-02-2012, 01:13 AM
I checked my facebook page and Voila!!! this and the Valkryie statues have been posted on ARHs website/forum. Check this out. Nice and I love the base. I can't post the nude topless pics of her here but it looks tasty to say the least.

http://i49.tinypic.com/nwalgo.jpg

dechirico7
06-02-2012, 01:23 AM
Way too similar to their cleopatra. same body, same pose, similar step-bases. I am disappointed. I was hoping she would be more ornated, but she is very minimal in detail. This is just another statue that fan boys can rip the clothes off of. I think Arh needs to sto focusing on the castoff clothes and more on the detail of their pieces.

loricstone
06-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Here is a quote from Arahom himself stating that the styrofoam that will be used beginning with Barbarian will be high quality styro. This is from the mouth of ARH, not mine.

This video is to show that our Barbarian AP is already on the make, and it should start shipping in a couple of weeks. We will ship it in its final box and with high density styrofoam! No more cheap crumbly styrofoam

loricstone
06-02-2012, 01:51 AM
Way too similar to their cleopatra. same body, same pose, similar step-bases. I am disappointed. I was hoping she would be more ornated, but she is very minimal in detail. This is just another statue that fan boys can rip the clothes off of. I think Arh needs to sto focusing on the castoff clothes and more on the detail of their pieces.

Did you buy the Cleo? Cause I sure didn't even though I thought it was a nice statue. But tons of people have been waiting for this statue, and is this the only comments you can come up with? Come on lady, you can do better than that!

I don't get folks. If you critique, state the good and bad points. All I see is bad, and never a mention on the quality sculpt or the flow of the gown (or whatever you call it) as she walks down the stairs. Never did I hear a mention about the solid paint job or the pretty cool base of candles and skulls along the stairs (even if it is similar to Cleo.....so what...its done well).

Clearly this statue is not for you Dech, and thats fine, but if you are going to critique it, it would be appreciated if you do it like one is taught in college when critiquing anything whether it be art or not.

loricstone
06-02-2012, 01:54 AM

When i read this again, I am really dumbfounded by this. Now correct me if I am wrong, but we both like Vampirella, correct? I mean really, really like it. But I don't see her all ornamented out! So because she is not ornamented (even though she is....Crown, bracelets, armbands, detail on the gown, earrings, etc.) that makes it bad????

Help me out here.:o

NorthernLadMSP
06-02-2012, 02:05 AM
If you really want the good and the bad, here is my opinion of each.

I like the majority of the base, including the skulls, stone stairs and candles. I do not like the red bricks at the bottom.

I like the crown, it is pretty ornate and cool. However, it also reminds me of the crown Aaliyah wore in 'Queen of the Damned.'

I think the pose is extremely close to Cleopatra, therefore not very original. I also don't really get the costume. You have an old school ornate crown, ornate bra and skirt, gold bracers and then patent leather boots? Very strange, and not in a good way.

skorpsta
06-02-2012, 02:27 AM
I checked my facebook page and Voila!!! this and the Valkryie statues have been posted on ARHs website/forum. Check this out. Nice and I love the base. I can't post the nude topless pics of her here but it looks tasty to say the least.

http://i49.tinypic.com/nwalgo.jpg

wow i love it!!!!

kangaxx
06-02-2012, 02:34 AM
shes kinda plain.

johnclone
06-02-2012, 02:50 AM
I'm still taking it all in, but first impressions:

I like the hair, looks really good.

I don't like the way the cape is all one color on the inside.

I don't like the way the bra or whatever you'd call it is just hanging on with no straps or anything to hold it up. It worked somehow with Medusa, but I don't think it works here.

I do like the headress and arm bracelets, and I like the pose very much.

The body sculpt is excellent. Proportions are very good IMO.

Not a fan of the eye makeup.

The base is strong, lots of details. Skulls are cool, but they do look very similar.

I don't hate the boots, but think they could have been more interesting.

My major dislike is her face. Unfortunately I don't think the face looks that attractive, unlike many other ARH female faces, this one just isn't working for me. Maybe it is just that angle, or lighting? But the lips seem very small, especially for a character who's main focal point should be the mouth, since after all she is the queen of vampires.

loricstone
06-02-2012, 03:47 AM
I'm still taking it all in, but first impressions:

I like the hair, looks really good.

I don't like the way the cape is all one color on the inside.

I don't like the way the bra or whatever you'd call it is just hanging on with no straps or anything to hold it up. It worked somehow with Medusa, but I don't think it works here.

I do like the headress and arm bracelets, and I like the pose very much.

The body sculpt is excellent. Proportions are very good IMO.

Not a fan of the eye makeup.

The base is strong, lots of details. Skulls are cool, but they do look very similar.

I don't hate the boots, but think they could have been more interesting.

My major dislike is her face. Unfortunately I don't think the face looks that attractive, unlike many other ARH female faces, this one just isn't working for me. Maybe it is just that angle, or lighting? But the lips seem very small, especially for a character who's main focal point should be the mouth, since after all she is the queen of vampires.

Now I can understand this critique. Thank you. :)

testsubject25
06-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Pocahontas of the dead variant. Check please!

The Valkyrie looks cool, but I'm surprised there is NO bra option for the nude. That just seems strange. My only other gripe with it, they should have have made her facing the other way, towards Thor.

dechirico7
06-02-2012, 10:10 AM
Here is a quote from Arahom himself stating that the styrofoam that will be used beginning with Barbarian will be high quality styro. This is from the mouth of ARH, not mine.

This video is to show that our Barbarian AP is already on the make, and it should start shipping in a couple of weeks. We will ship it in its final box and with high density styrofoam! No more cheap crumbly styrofoam

Did you buy the Cleo? Cause I sure didn't even though I thought it was a nice statue. But tons of people have been waiting for this statue, and is this the only comments you can come up with? Come on lady, you can do better than that!

I don't get folks. If you critique, state the good and bad points. All I see is bad, and never a mention on the quality sculpt or the flow of the gown (or whatever you call it) as she walks down the stairs. Never did I hear a mention about the solid paint job or the pretty cool base of candles and skulls along the stairs (even if it is similar to Cleo.....so what...its done well).

Clearly this statue is not for you Dech, and thats fine, but if you are going to critique it, it would be appreciated if you do it like one is taught in college when critiquing anything whether it be art or not.

Sorry, there is nothing wrong with my critique. You can't tell me that this isn't similar to past ARH pieces. She is so close to the Cleopatra piece, she has the same hair as Pocahontas and Medusa's eye makeup. I do like the SS Vampirella, it resemble the licensed character well. This one just feels too generic. I was expecting detail like their other female pieces. You expect me to do a college report on a public forum about statues? Seriously? I think you are being a tad sensitive. This is a public forum, consisting of a large group of people with varying opinions. Not everyone is going to agree with you. So, get used to it.

dechirico7
06-02-2012, 10:22 AM
Pocahontas of the dead variant. Check please!

The Valkyrie looks cool, but I'm surprised there is NO bra option for the nude. That just seems strange. My only other gripe with it, they should have have made her facing the other way, towards Thor.

Watch out TS, your opinion might hurt someone in here and your opinion isn't in the form of an essay. lmao

testsubject25
06-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Watch out TS, your opinion might hurt someone in here and your opinion isn't in the form of an essay. lmao

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

aaaaaaaaaaaand

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

with a touch of...

:smokin:

Madame_Siryn
06-02-2012, 12:05 PM
I was about to give an opinion but I quickly realized that I have to be extremely verbose.

I haven't purchase an ARH piece yet but now.......nevermind.

testsubject25
06-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Don't sweat it, I just revert back to my favorite Loricstone quotes to know that we are in good hands and for how to do it!

I see. But I must eat my own ass right now,

I'm coocoo and I'm a pig, that dont fly straight.

That looks disgusting...it looks like a vagina with some secretion. Uggh!

NorthernLadMSP
06-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Don't sweat it, I just revert back to my favorite Loricstone quotes to know that we are in good hands and for how to do it!

LMFAO, OMG wow! The best post I have read in a long time. :hilarious:

NorthernLadMSP
06-02-2012, 02:22 PM
BTW, on a positive note, I just saw the topless photos of the statue, and she looks much better topless. I don't like the "floating" bra top on this one.

loricstone
06-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Sorry, there is nothing wrong with my critique. You can't tell me that this isn't similar to past ARH pieces. She is so close to the Cleopatra piece, she has the same hair as Pocahontas and Medusa's eye makeup. I do like the SS Vampirella, it resemble the licensed character well. This one just feels too generic. I was expecting detail like their other female pieces. You expect me to do a college report on a public forum about statues? Seriously? I think you are being a tad sensitive. This is a public forum, consisting of a large group of people with varying opinions. Not everyone is going to agree with you. So, get used to it.

I dont give a crap about you agreeing with me or not! I could care less. I was just hoping you would give a more detailed description or reason as to what the problems were.

And then you make a hypocritical comment about your were hoping to see detail like their other female pieces? Who? Pocahontas? Cleopatra? Medusa? All three you just named. I dont get it.:doh!:

loricstone
06-02-2012, 02:39 PM

What no sense of humor? :)

loricstone
06-02-2012, 02:46 PM
I was about to give an opinion but I quickly realized that I have to be extremely verbose.

I haven't purchase an ARH piece yet but now.......nevermind.

Im not asking for a literary book on a statue.:laugh:

Its just if people give opinions, it should have some explanation to it. Thats all I'm saying! I get chewed out by Dech, because she thinks I'm pissed she doesn't have the same opinion as me. That wasn't even my point. And I wasn't even thinking about her post like that. I just wanted a clearer reason as to why she didn't like it.

dechirico7
06-02-2012, 02:56 PM
I dont give a crap about you agreeing with me or not! I could care less. I was just hoping you would give a more detailed description or reason as to what the problems were.

And then you make a hypocritical comment about your were hoping to see detail like their other female pieces? Who? Pocahontas? Cleopatra? Medusa? All three you just named. I dont get it.:doh!:

I said "pieces." As in plural, more than one.

dechirico7
06-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Im not asking for a literary book on a statue.:laugh:

Its just if people give opinions, it should have some explanation to it. Thats all I'm saying! I get chewed out by Dech, because she thinks I'm pissed she doesn't have the same opinion as me. That wasn't even my point. And I wasn't even thinking about her post like that. I just wanted a clearer reason as to why she didn't like it.

I chewed you out? lol, ok. I think my posts were clear enough.

testsubject25
06-02-2012, 03:03 PM
What no sense of humor? :)

I've got humor in spades! :D

loricstone
06-02-2012, 03:13 PM
I've got humor in spades! :D

Yeah I got that...:laugh:

Glad some of my past posts provided that for you.

loricstone
06-02-2012, 03:19 PM
I said "pieces." As in plural, more than one.

:) i know, isn't that what I said? I did give all three female statues by ARH excluding AThena. Thats more than one right? :o

Anyways, Dechirico, I'm not picking a fight with you, but I hope you understand where I was coming from. It was never about your opinion vs. mine.

Hell, I know you have gotten perturbed at others on this forum in the Vampirella section.:laugh:

dechirico7
06-02-2012, 03:48 PM
:) i know, isn't that what I said? I did give all three female statues by ARH excluding AThena. Thats more than one right? :o

Anyways, Dechirico, I'm not picking a fight with you, but I hope you understand where I was coming from. It was never about your opinion vs. mine.

Hell, I know you have gotten perturbed at others on this forum in the Vampirella section.:laugh:

It is cool. Dont worry about it. If you love the piece, I am happy for you. I like her too, but was hoping for more.

Comicbookguy
06-02-2012, 07:11 PM
I like these designs. Are they base on actual designs or just all made up?

testsubject25
06-02-2012, 07:14 PM

little bit of both :hilarious:

Bullseye
06-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Personally I would have preferred her walking over bloody corpses and not the generic stone stair base. This could be anyone and gives no real indication of her background.

ComputerFly
06-02-2012, 09:06 PM
I like the Queen of the Damned-inspired headdress. The base is a bit small for the figure. I think the steps could have been twice as wide as they are considering she couldn't fit that fat ass down a corridor that tight. :) I also think the costume could use a bit more 'pop' in the color dept. She's pretty stark, and the muted colors of the outfit don't help that.

NorthernLadMSP
06-02-2012, 10:01 PM
I agree on the color part. I was kind of shocked that the top and skirt aren't really even black, they're just dark gray. There's no shine, no satin effect, just matte dark gray.

Weapon XXX
06-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Apart from the Medusa ARH stuff is pretty boring looking. This one included. There is just nothing memorable about it at all. Just my opinion.

NorthernLadMSP
06-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Apart from the Medusa ARH stuff is pretty boring looking. This one included. There is just nothing memorable about it at all. Just my opinion.

I agree with you. I do love the Medusa, but I also think a lot of the statues are very dull.

I was excited to see that winged Angel of Darkness though, but it may be scrapped since it's been forever since anything was mentioned.

Crossbonez74
06-02-2012, 11:18 PM
I agree that the paint apps are lacking on this piece. I think the eyes should definitely be repainted.

dechirico7
06-02-2012, 11:40 PM

They seem to do generic character designs due to not having any licenses.

I am glad to know I am not the only one that thinks there was potential lost with this piece.

Comicbookguy
06-02-2012, 11:41 PM

They do look very cool, I just spent all my money so I won't get these yet.If I had enough I would get this one.

loricstone
06-03-2012, 12:01 AM
I agree that the paint apps are lacking on this piece. I think the eyes should definitely be repainted.

You all should check out the video review by Arahom on this and the Valkryie statues. Not saying it will or should change anyone's mind but you can get a better look at how it looks in person. The paints are very well done, and not as muted as the picture I don't think.

loricstone
06-03-2012, 12:03 AM

Im not too big on the Cleopatra or Pocahontas, but the Athena is the first statue I purchased from ARH and I can say it is EASILY one of the best female statues (as a total composition) I have ever seen.

NorthernLadMSP
06-03-2012, 12:13 AM
You all should check out the video review by Arahom on this and the Valkryie statues. Not saying it will or should change anyone's mind but you can get a better look at how it looks in person. The paints are very well done, and not as muted as the picture I don't think.

Where is this video? Do you have a link? Just Vamp Queen, don't care about Valkyrie.

loricstone
06-03-2012, 12:22 AM
Where is this video? Do you have a link? Just Vamp Queen, don't care about Valkyrie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7puphnropU&feature=channel&list=UL

loricstone
06-03-2012, 12:23 AM
I agree on the color part. I was kind of shocked that the top and skirt aren't really even black, they're just dark gray. There's no shine, no satin effect, just matte dark gray.

The colors are actually brown. It is a bit more noticeable in the video.

loricstone
06-03-2012, 12:24 AM
At least I think it is.:peoples:

TNovak
06-03-2012, 10:11 PM

I wouldn't call the Thor, Greek God series, or the Valkyrie boring. I also liked Cleo but can see how some might find it boring. Didn't care for Pocahontas at all.

As to this one, I really would have liked to see a more elaborate costume. I know some like a lot of skin on their vampires but I would have prefered like a satin cloak or something (maybe with some red or at least color) and then more subtle skin, like a long slit up the leg or plunging neckline or whatever. This looks more like a native American outfit with long boots, which also could have been a little fancier IMO (maybe some laces or buckles or something?) The crown is fine with me and does seem similar to Queen of the Damned (which is also similar to older work that I know of). All in all I think I will pass on this one.

The Valkyrie doesn't have a bra option because he is producing an entirely separate statue with a bra in which she is stepping out of a ship as a base. I like the non-nude much better personally and will be getting that one.

testsubject25
06-03-2012, 10:22 PM
I wouldn't call the Thor, Greek God series, or the Valkyrie boring. I also liked Cleo but can see how some might find it boring. Didn't care for Pocahontas at all.

As to this one, I really would have liked to see a more elaborate costume. I know some like a lot of skin on their vampires but I would have prefered like a satin cloak or something (maybe with some red or at least color) and then more subtle skin, like a long slit up the leg or plunging neckline or whatever. This looks more like a native American outfit with long boots, which also could have been a little fancier IMO (maybe some laces or buckles or something?) The crown is fine with me and does seem similar to Queen of the Damned (which is also similar to older work that I know of). All in all I think I will pass on this one.

The Valkyrie doesn't have a bra option because he is producing an entirely separate statue with a bra in which she is stepping out of a ship as a base. I like the non-nude much better personally and will be getting that one.

I know the non nude is being made, it just strikes me as odd that they wouldn't just add the option. It just cuts their customer base. Some might not want the big boat, but don't exactly want to flash some tig ol bitties either. :laugh:

johnclone
06-04-2012, 04:17 AM

The one thing that I think should be changed ASAP is the eye makeup, and the eyebrows. These imo are bringing the whole piece down.

This statue looks better in the video. Not sure why exactly.

Crossbonez74
06-04-2012, 04:28 AM
The one thing that I think should be changed ASAP is the eye makeup, and the eyebrows. These imo are bringing the whole piece down.

:iagree:

johnclone
06-04-2012, 04:38 AM

Really disappointed that I am feeling the same way. The idea has a lot going for it. Just the end result isn't doing it for me.

johnclone
06-04-2012, 06:18 AM

It seems like with the exception of the crown/tiara the costume got the least bit of attention, when it should have been the top priority after the actual body sculpt.

loricstone
06-04-2012, 11:49 AM

What you mean, like Vampirella? Eye shadow and thick eyebrows?

johnclone
06-04-2012, 12:03 PM
the peach color I have come to realize, I can't stand.

and the eyebrow shape, the way they have like a little hook in them at the bottom. It's not feminine to me.

Vampirella's eye makeup looks fantastic imo. That is how it's done.

I don't mean to sound like I am completely knocking the vampire queen. There are some good things about it and it does look better in the video than in the pics.

Zorglub
06-04-2012, 12:35 PM
I'm sorry to say that it looks more like a not-so-well painted model kit than a high-end collectible.

Kane009
06-04-2012, 05:19 PM
My suggestion:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Cium_9ZoZTc/T80lhxopAII/AAAAAAAAOes/5K4rn91ur24/s1600/QueenOfVampires%2520%25281%2529.JPG

dechirico7
06-04-2012, 06:58 PM
She looks much more appealing close up. Beautiful face. But I am not a fan of the red eyeshadow, I'd rather see something more cool toned. Hopefully her eyes come out just like this sneak.

I'd like for ARH to tweak her top. I really hate that it floats, they need to add some ornate straps or bands. I would prefer not to display a topless statue.

I also like how classic and simple she looks in this pic. The large base might be too distracting?

Nyxs
06-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Personally I would have preferred her walking over bloody corpses and not the generic stone stair base. This could be anyone and gives no real indication of her background.

Exactly what I was thinking about. If there was no title to this thread stating that she was the Queen of Vampires, then I would have never guessed who she was. Maybe the Lady going down the stairs piece? :laugh:

She looks good though atleast.

GUILTY GEAR
06-04-2012, 08:07 PM
i like it, and i might custom it. she need tattoos

NorthernLadMSP
06-04-2012, 08:29 PM
She looks much more appealing close up. Beautiful face. But I am not a fan of the red eyeshadow, I'd rather see something more cool toned. Hopefully her eyes come out just like this sneak.

I'd like for ARH to tweak her top. I really hate that it floats, they need to add some ornate straps or bands. I would prefer not to display a topless statue.

I also like how classic and simple she looks in this pic. The large base might be too distracting?

Ooh good call on the red eyeshadow. That's another thing that makes no sense to who she is and should be changed.

Ryu
06-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Would make a good Vampirella conversion. Very easily since a lot of her is there.

Hercules75
06-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Extremely beautiful piece..I'd have wanted her lips to be perched enough to show her fangs though

johnclone
06-04-2012, 11:52 PM
My suggestion:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Cium_9ZoZTc/T80lhxopAII/AAAAAAAAOes/5K4rn91ur24/s1600/QueenOfVampires%2520%25281%2529.JPG

Thanks Kane, she does look a lot better in this picture! I can see that there is no "hook" shape in her eyebrow after all, which is good to know. The first pic in this thread wasn't showing all the detail clearly like this one is showing it.

I think Dechirico has a point about the base. It doesn't seem to add to the overall statue, it seems to get in the way instead.

dharper
06-05-2012, 12:05 AM
He photoshopped the eyebrows. The actual statue will look like the first pictures with the hooked eyebrows.

Kaijuboy
06-05-2012, 12:34 AM

Chains! :thumbs2: would also look good around the ring of her boots...

Would make a good Vampirella conversion. Very easily since a lot of her is there.

"Dont tempt me Frodo!" :drooling:

johnclone
06-05-2012, 12:34 AM
:drinking:

Kane009
06-05-2012, 01:31 AM
He photoshopped the eyebrows. The actual statue will look like the first pictures with the hooked eyebrows.

And I added a little smile! :D

johnclone
06-05-2012, 02:23 AM
I think that smile really helps!

Crossbonez74
06-05-2012, 04:09 AM
I think the facial expression needs some retweaking. I mean she looks like she just sat on a pine cone or something.

dechirico7
06-05-2012, 09:07 AM
I think the tweaks definitely helped. I wouldn't expect ARH to make the changes though.

NorthernLadMSP
06-05-2012, 10:38 AM
I think the facial expression needs some retweaking. I mean she looks like she just sat on a pine cone or something.

:hilarious: LMAO

loricstone
06-05-2012, 02:46 PM
No disrespect to whoever did the tweaks, but I think it is appalling. This is the QoV not Queen of Sheeba or Snow White. She is fine as she is (from what ARH was trying to achieve). the eyebrows, while unique are more befitting (more menacing) than a waxed eyebrow look. And why the heck would the QoV be smiling? :nuts:

TNovak
06-05-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't know if she needs a smile but now that it has been pointed out I do think she needs some kind of fang exposure to show she is a vampire, it's not like she is Legosi or Vampirella where we can tell just by looking at her.

Bullseye
06-05-2012, 03:17 PM
I think Johnclones avatar "mouth" with alittle blood would do the trick. Maybe the AP base could be different like a number of dead corpses.

loricstone
06-05-2012, 03:29 PM
I don't know if she needs a smile but now that it has been pointed out I do think she needs some kind of fang exposure to show she is a vampire, it's not like she is Legosi or Vampirella where we can tell just by looking at her.

I do agree with that.

testsubject25
06-05-2012, 04:42 PM

solid point

TNovak
06-05-2012, 04:49 PM
I think Johnclones avatar "mouth" with alittle blood would do the trick. Maybe the AP base could be different like a number of dead corpses.

I think it is hard to do both sexy and violent (or at least the results of violence) at the same time.

I think if I had my way from the beginning I would have done it with a see through sheer cloak or a shiny satin one with more subtle skin exposure. I would have had fangs showing and maybe more ornate boots. Maybe something like on my Cylena (except black of course and maybe not open toed). It's kind of hard to see because the pic is a little small but the tops of the boots are shaped like bats with wings that wrap around her legs and the tops of the boots have laces under which you can see some of the skin (picture like a corset or something).

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u170/TeddyNovak/Cylena/Cylena-front.jpg

I think the base is fine with the castle steps look and candles.

All that said this is still a very nice statue and will likely sell out IMO.

Jokerdj76
06-07-2012, 05:47 AM
I think she's is very good .. the only thing is that the statue does not show any indications that she is the queen of the vampires ..an opened mouth with classics vampire teeth , a tear of blood ... she is very nice but could be any fantasy figure taken from a Boris Vallejo cover..

I and I
06-07-2012, 06:21 AM
really love here.. shame ARH doen't flex :( would probably order her if the possibility was there. Indeed the lack of fangs is a bit a shame

Darth Pain
06-07-2012, 06:44 AM
She looks plain.
I like how he makes every female statue with a removable top and realistic breasts and nips. I'm sure that sells a few pieces just because of that. lol
I'm still waiting for AoD...

TNovak
06-07-2012, 09:15 AM
really love here.. shame ARH doen't flex :( would probably order her if the possibility was there. Indeed the lack of fangs is a bit a shame

I think you can flex ARH stuff through Sideshow but I'm not sure.

testsubject25
06-07-2012, 09:21 AM
I think you can flex ARH stuff through Sideshow but I'm not sure.

yeah, ya can!

ervyll
06-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Hi all,
I think she's great, maybe not in my color scheme, so I allowed myself a little improve in Gimp.
I don't want to offend anybody, I just think that she looks better to me ;)
Left - after, right - before.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1927/queenofvampires5.jpg

johnclone
06-07-2012, 10:17 AM
face on the left is definitely imo, much better. She looks hawt now.

I also see ervyll how you changed the metal to more of a silver look. That is also better imo.

I and I
06-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Vampire Queen is not on sideshow.

NorthernLadMSP
06-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Hi all,
I think she's great, maybe not in my color scheme, so I allowed myself a little improve in Gimp.
I don't want to offend anybody, I just think that she looks better to me ;)
Left - after, right - before.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1927/queenofvampires5.jpg

MUCH BETTER! The silver and midnight purple color scheme is much richer and the eyehshadow is greatly improved. I hate the red eyeshadow on the original.

If you added a touch of gloss or satin-shimmer to the purple part of the costume to make it stand out more, I think you'd have a huge winner!

NorthernLadMSP
06-07-2012, 11:45 AM
It would have been cool if the AP's were all kind of painted by order like they used to be. Meaning, ARH used to let the customer who ordered an AP choose the paint colors.

I would love this statue in the silver and gloss or satin-shimmer dark purple that was shown above.

johnclone
06-07-2012, 11:58 AM
see guys, Arahom can find dozens of people who will just tell him "that's great don't change a thing" but look what he's missing out on.

TNovak
06-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Vampire Queen is not on sideshow.

Not yet but I think it will be. Only the AP is available at ARH website right now. I am planning to get Valkyrie and several other ARH statues through sideshow so I get the points.

testsubject25
06-07-2012, 01:40 PM
If I didn't know the title of the piece I would think fantasy/Conan slave.

Madame_Siryn
06-07-2012, 02:14 PM
Adding the purple hues on the outfit and the eyes really pops and it compliments her skin tone.

testsubject25
06-07-2012, 02:20 PM
yeah, like the purple better

Ryu
06-07-2012, 02:39 PM
see guys, Arahom can find dozens of people who will just tell him "that's great don't change a thing" but look what he's missing out on.

Initiate covert recon

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/102/649/funny-pictures-gifs-creeper-cat.gif?1318992465

johnclone
06-07-2012, 02:45 PM
lol

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac198/jtsu123/14alt7a.gif

TNovak
06-07-2012, 03:10 PM

I don't find Arahom unwilling to accept criticism or change statues. Just recently he thinned the legs on his upcoming Valkyrie because a lot of us thought she looked lilke Earl Campbell with the way they were originally. He made several changes to previous statues including shield design on Athena and I think some stuff on Thor.

Ryu
06-07-2012, 03:37 PM
lol

:laugh:

loricstone
06-07-2012, 03:51 PM
I don't find Arahom unwilling to accept criticism or change statues. Just recently he thinned the legs on his upcoming Valkyrie because a lot of us thought she looked lilke Earl Campbell with the way they were originally. He made several changes to previous statues including shield design on Athena and I think some stuff on Thor.

Not to mention there was a lazy eye issue on the topless Valkyrie I pointed out to him and he changed that as well.

The problem is some don't like the fact they can't just talk to Arahom any old way and criticize his work in a childlike manner. But I can tell people first hand that he addresses situations and problems with statues like my Athena. Now all I am doing is waiting to get the base back so I can finally display Athena amongst my other ladies of Vampirella and Lara Croft!

johnclone
06-07-2012, 04:13 PM

I clearly remember the shield design on Athena being discussed here, and then I remember learning that it was changed. That happened quite some time ago, but you are right, I vividly recall that happening. But now I am curious, how have the 2 recently revealed statues "Queen of Vampires" and "Barbarian" been received? Are people giving any creative criticism about those two?

TNovak
06-07-2012, 04:48 PM
I clearly remember the shield design on Athena being discussed here, and then I remember learning that it was changed. That happened quite some time ago, but you are right, I vividly recall that happening. But now I am curious, how have the 2 recently revealed statues "Queen of Vampires" and "Barbarian" been received? Are people giving any creative criticism about those two?

I am a member both here and the forum that cannot be named, on that forum there has been criticism of Queen of Vampires similar to here and as well as some different. Examples include:

Face too masculine
No fangs
Looks 50 years old
eyebrows too extreme
bra should be extended on both sides
Make up overstressed
grey color clothes boring

But the AP is up for sale already so those 50 will be as is. Whether any changes will be made to the regular I don't know.

RE the barbarian when it was a WIP I criticized it for having too many skulls IMO, but when I saw the finished painted product I thought the skulls worked fine.

And then there are a lot of people who just love both. If it had been made with changes some people would like it more like it is. I know when they thinned the legs on Valkyrie I was thrilled but some guys liked the big ones and thought the "Helga Strongbottom" look was more realistic for a norse type woman build. Can never please everyone.

TNovak
06-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Just quick running through the Barbarian WIP thread criticism included

Weapons too small (he changed sword to larger and put skulls in other hand instead of ax)

Skulls too small

don't like Museum pose

Looks like Tarzan

Didn't like the base (changed it from initial showing)

Some skulls should be half skulls (changed to agree)

ARH website sux (unrelated to Barbarian but in the thread)

and of course with all that criticism there were plenty of Kuddos and job well done posts but it isn't like he just has psycofants over there and nobody offers any criticism, at least I don't see it that way.

Oh and then he offered a "bloodbath" edition which I personally criticized and don't like as did others.

testsubject25
06-07-2012, 05:18 PM
The problem is some don't like the fact they can't just talk to Arahom any old way and criticize his work in a childlike manner.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-j5j-k9ieZDQ/T1OyIseNdsI/AAAAAAAABlA/Z2EWYn2a_ZI/s1600/Kool-aid.gif

Astounding
06-07-2012, 11:54 PM
I definitely like the purple touches, Ervyll.:thumbs2:

dechirico7
06-08-2012, 09:06 AM
It would have been cool if the AP's were all kind of painted by order like they used to be. Meaning, ARH used to let the customer who ordered an AP choose the paint colors.

I would love this statue in the silver and gloss or satin-shimmer dark purple that was shown above.

I think he only did this for Cleopatra and even then, he only had two colors to choose from black or gold. People wanted white, but he refused to do it. He said he wouldn't do white because Athena was going to be white. So what do they do a few months later? Release a limited white edition. :confused: He should listen to his customers more, instead of being so bullheaded. I can imagine a lot of people that were forced to get a black and gold one over the white were upset, especially when he made it clear initially that there would never be a white version.

I am glad other people are criticizing the face. ARH likes to do long, hollow cheek faces on their female statues. She does kind of look old. But in a way it works for the character. That is one thing I am struggling on with my custom Cleopatra, I wish I could cut off half her jaw. It is just so long and masculine.

I'd like to see her paler too, maybe with a tint of gray to her skin. I think that would help make it a bit more obvious that she is a vampire.

ervyll
06-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Thank you for supporting idea of the new color scheme. I would prefer sculpt of the Vampires Queen in a long dress, but accept the right of the sculptor to create statue according to their own vision :thumbs2: All I can do is to try to convince Arahom to the new colors. But I'm not saying that my vision is only fair :smokin:

If you added a touch of gloss or satin-shimmer to the purple part of the costume to make it stand out more

I'd like to see her paler too, maybe with a tint of gray to her skin. I think that would help make it a bit more obvious that she is a vampire.

As you wish master :D
But perhaps not quite work out this time:

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3867/queenofvampires7.jpg

johnclone
06-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Wow! It looks even better now. (imo)

I think it really looks awesome like that.

Kane009
06-09-2012, 11:47 AM
Thank you for supporting idea of the new color scheme. I would prefer sculpt of the Vampires Queen in a long dress, but accept the right of the sculptor to create statue according to their own vision :thumbs2: All I can do is to try to convince Arahom to the new colors. But I'm not saying that my vision is only fair :smokin:

Purple isn't my color, but the rest is really superior to the original!

NorthernLadMSP
06-09-2012, 12:51 PM

She looks great, but I was thinking of more of a glossier look for the costume to resemble silk. That might be hard to do on photoshop though.

hotrodhoodrat
06-09-2012, 03:21 PM
How much are they asking for this peace ??

hotrodhoodrat
06-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I think.. its 350sh... if I read right LOL ... to bad.. again out of my budget :(

loricstone
06-09-2012, 03:53 PM
The AP is $325 to be exact.

Weiworks
06-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Like the body, but the top of her head looks really small.

-Wei
Sexy Drawings | Sexy Statues | Sexy Art (http://www.artofwei.com)

dechirico7
06-12-2012, 01:19 AM
needs to be even more pale

Kane009
06-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Like the body, but the top of her head looks really small.

-Wei

She is NOT Elvira!

Weiworks
06-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Looks better with this close-up pic.

-Wei

Silas Loki
07-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Can anyone explain exactly what the "Artist proof" consists of? I'm a bit wary of these ARH statues, because (from what I've seen in the past) the paint apps look very, well, thick. I'm lookig at this staute and comparing it with Yamato's Ritual statue, where the paint apps are smmooooth all the way, with MUCHO detail left to see......

I'm hoping artist proof means, painted to a proffessional standard? is that correct?

testsubject25
07-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Can anyone explain exactly what the "Artist proof" consists of?

Waiting months after everybody gets theirs, to get yours! :rimshot:

dechirico7
07-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Can anyone explain exactly what the "Artist proof" consists of? I'm a bit wary of these ARH statues, because (from what I've seen in the past) the paint apps look very, well, thick. I'm lookig at this staute and comparing it with Yamato's Ritual statue, where the paint apps are smmooooth all the way, with MUCHO detail left to see......

I'm hoping artist proof means, painted to a proffessional standard? is that correct?

Speaking from experience, I own a Cleopatra AP...I would probably never purchase an AP again. The paint on mine was ok. Nothing spectacular. Hot glue was used to keep my base together, which imo is very sloppy. I can actually see the glue in the seam. Second, with Cleo, I think the production pieces had better paint and colors used. I also never want to deal with them directly. Not a fan of their customer service and practices.

NorthernLadMSP
07-05-2012, 10:09 AM

Silas Loki
07-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Ah, so not really a great investment then (from an art perspective). The problem is the promo photos look the same whether they talk about AP or standard productio piece, so it's really difficult to justify the extra bones.

The other thing with this sculpt is that it's rather generic. If anyone saw it they wouldn't necessarily think "Oh, thers a Vampire Queen", she just looks like a woman with an attitude. I think ARH could have been more creative with her overal look to demonstrate that she is something other than human. A fair example would be the female vampires from Van Helsing, where he shouldhave done something with the eyes, overal skin tones etc to give that otherworldly look.

loricstone
07-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Ah, so not really a great investment then (from an art perspective). The problem is the promo photos look the same whether they talk about AP or standard productio piece, so it's really difficult to justify the extra bones.

The other thing with this sculpt is that it's rather generic. If anyone saw it they wouldn't necessarily think "Oh, thers a Vampire Queen", she just looks like a woman with an attitude. I think ARH could have been more creative with her overal look to demonstrate that she is something other than human. A fair example would be the female vampires from Van Helsing, where he shouldhave done something with the eyes, overal skin tones etc to give that otherworldly look.

The APs are painted in house, instead of being painted at a factory. It usually takes 30 days from an AP order to receive it. At least that is what was posted on ARH website. I have never purchased an AP and only have one statue from them which is the Athena.

My Athena arrived with a broken base in which the owl is perched upon and there was a chip on one of the gold parts of the horse relief. Well, I contacted ARH and he told me to send it to him and that many of the Athenas had breakages at that exact spot due to poor packaging (he is now using high quality styrofoam as a result of this and the messy Medusa packaging).

Anyway, I got my base back in about 3 weeks and he signed the bottom of the base and numbered it. The base came back in perfect condition and I could not tell it had ever been broken.

Unfortunately, Dechirico7 had a bad situation with them, but I have had a great experience in talking directly with Arahom and he apologized and conversed with me with the utmost respect. Now I am the proud owner of Athena and stand by the excellent sculpt and solid paint job. Its not the absolute best paint job I have seen, true, but it is pretty consistent. I received a factory production Athena, not an AP. But seeing how he fixed my Athena, I would think an AP would look better.

Check out the thread in this section about Athena arrived damaged. I posted the fixed bases picture in a thread showing Vampirella, Athena and Lara side by side.

woozie0
07-05-2012, 02:23 PM

Ziiiiing!

dechirico7
07-13-2012, 12:17 AM
I just noticed that at SDCC ARH had their Queen of Vampires statue displayed with her bra upside down! And the ARH partner shooting the video of her didn't eve notice. Funny.

testsubject25
07-13-2012, 06:53 AM
I just noticed that at SDCC ARH had their Queen of Vampires statue displayed with her bra upside down! And the ARH partner shooting the video of her didn't eve notice. Funny.

No need to be snippy about it, they were filming for their legions of Australian fans is all. :laugh:

dechirico7
07-13-2012, 08:15 AM
No need to be snippy about it, they were filming for their legions of Australian fans is all. :laugh:

I am never snippy, lol.
I told A------ about it, he fixed her top.

nemesisenforcer
07-13-2012, 08:16 AM
This does not interest me. I liked the other pieces that ARH released at SDCC. Forget the names though.

NorthernLadMSP
07-15-2012, 02:58 PM

LOL don't forget their Canadian fans!

jaguargod
07-17-2012, 12:02 PM
The Catwoman LSF should have had those hips.

testsubject25
07-17-2012, 12:21 PM
I am never snippy, lol.
I told A------ about it, he fixed her top.

should have let it ride! :laugh:

gagaliya
07-17-2012, 02:56 PM

arh paint has always been very consistent and excellent. I am not sure if you own a piece or seen one in person, paint quality is never an issue with them.

AP just means it's painted in USA by the original artists not chinese factory. But unlike sideshow, there isnt much difference so i rather get a nice discount or an extra exclusive than pay the full retail for AP.

gagaliya
07-17-2012, 03:04 PM
The APs are painted in house, instead of being painted at a factory. It usually takes 30 days from an AP order to receive it. At least that is what was posted on ARH website. I have never purchased an AP and only have one statue from them which is the Athena.

My Athena arrived with a broken base in which the owl is perched upon and there was a chip on one of the gold parts of the horse relief. Well, I contacted ARH and he told me to send it to him and that many of the Athenas had breakages at that exact spot due to poor packaging (he is now using high quality styrofoam as a result of this and the messy Medusa packaging).

Anyway, I got my base back in about 3 weeks and he signed the bottom of the base and numbered it. The base came back in perfect condition and I could not tell it had ever been broken.

Unfortunately, Dechirico7 had a bad situation with them, but I have had a great experience in talking directly with Arahom and he apologized and conversed with me with the utmost respect. Now I am the proud owner of Athena and stand by the excellent sculpt and solid paint job. Its not the absolute best paint job I have seen, true, but it is pretty consistent. I received a factory production Athena, not an AP. But seeing how he fixed my Athena, I would think an AP would look better.

Check out the thread in this section about Athena arrived damaged. I posted the fixed bases picture in a thread showing Vampirella, Athena and Lara side by side.

i dont think there was ONE athena that came unbroken, it was the crappy packaging, the entire weight of the heavy base was rested upon the owl's branch. I didnt bother to send it back, it was very easy fix with some 2 part epoxy then paint over the connection line with some black color, cant tell even if you know where to look.

I wish they had a bloodbath version of athena though, think i am just going to collect all bloodbath going forward from arh :) if they make one, i will buy the statue.

testsubject25
07-17-2012, 03:23 PM
arh paint has always been very consistent and excellent. I am not sure if you own a piece or seen one in person, paint quality is never an issue with them.

I beg to differ on that point. Look around, you'll see plenty of issues. Even the Medusa had a lot of paint issues if you dig through that thread. I know for a fact that Thor had issues.

gagaliya
07-17-2012, 09:04 PM
I beg to differ on that point. Look around, you'll see plenty of issues. Even the Medusa had a lot of paint issues if you dig through that thread. I know for a fact that Thor had issues.

i got leonidas, athena, barbarian, and thor(sadly had to sell this, too tall). None of them had any paint quality issues or lazy eyes like sideshow. It was all excellent /shrug

testsubject25
07-18-2012, 12:22 PM
i got leonidas, athena, barbarian, and thor(sadly had to sell this, too tall). None of them had any paint quality issues or lazy eyes like sideshow. It was all excellent /shrug

I got the Thor, and I'll show you BAD paint quality in pics after I get moved. /shrugbackhombre :laugh:

loricstone
07-18-2012, 02:24 PM
I got the Thor, and I'll show you BAD paint quality in pics after I get moved. /shrugbackhombre :laugh:

I'd like to see that myself. Hurry up already.:D;)

testsubject25
07-18-2012, 03:47 PM
I'd like to see that myself. Hurry up already.:D;)

lol, I'll be moving on the 2nd, and I'll be unpacked by a week later. It's a long time, I know, but I promise to deliver! :laugh:
My statues were the first thing I packed, because it was what I was LEAST looking forward to! lol

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23646770.jpg

gagaliya
07-18-2012, 08:46 PM

what part of the body has the bad paint? did you get the ss exclusive or the ap?

testsubject25
07-18-2012, 08:53 PM
what part of the body has the bad paint? did you get the ss exclusive or the ap?

just a reg from bbts, I believe it was.

lots of bad paint on boots, base, the cape was a mess, generally sloppy. I'll show ya plenty of pics when I get moved.

dharper
07-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Got my Vamp Queen AP today. The paint apps are a little darker and redder then I would have liked but the sculpt and base look really good.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/lovinlorne/Darrin/P1120851.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/lovinlorne/Darrin/P1120834.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/lovinlorne/Darrin/P1120846.jpg

dharper
07-28-2012, 12:11 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/lovinlorne/Darrin/03241f1b.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/lovinlorne/Darrin/58dc73c7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/lovinlorne/Darrin/4d2d4821.jpg

gagaliya
07-28-2012, 01:18 AM
why so much red on the face, also the pupils aren't painted well and too small.

sorry but this is pretty awful, the face looks nothing like the photos shown

http://www.arhstatues.com/image/ARH%202012/QueenOfVampires%20%281%29.JPG

loricstone
07-28-2012, 01:55 AM
Grats on the statue, but I do agree the pupils are a little too small.

MinisterOfFire
07-28-2012, 02:07 AM
..what bothers me are the eyebrows..

johnclone
07-28-2012, 02:10 AM
Yep, not a fan of the eyebrows

testsubject25
07-28-2012, 08:28 AM
The body and base look pretty good!

But, man that face...

http://photos.summerglauwiki.com/albums/userpics/10002/summer-disgusted.gif

dechirico7
07-28-2012, 10:50 AM
They should offer this one as a kit. I think she would be fun to customize and paint yourself. I am just not a huge fan of the paint work on the APs. I think the production pieces actually come out better. I'd completely redo her top, add some details, maybe embellishments all over her, she is a queen after all. I'd go with something similar to the outfits Aayliyah wore as Akasha in Queen of the Damned.

I am actually in the process of doing the same with my Cleopatra. I am stripping the paint and plan on adding more details and interest to her. Making her actually resemble Cleopatra.

NorthernLadMSP
07-28-2012, 11:21 AM
The body and base look pretty good!

But, man that face...

http://photos.summerglauwiki.com/albums/userpics/10002/summer-disgusted.gif

Yikes the face is AWFUL. She's creepy looking and not pretty at all.

On the other hand, the much darker and semi glossy outfit looks better than the matte gray they originally showed and the base looks nice.

loricstone
07-28-2012, 02:29 PM
They should offer this one as a kit. I think she would be fun to customize and paint yourself. I am just not a huge fan of the paint work on the APs. I think the production pieces actually come out better. I'd completely redo her top, add some details, maybe embellishments all over her, she is a queen after all. I'd go with something similar to the outfits Aayliyah wore as Akasha in Queen of the Damned.

I am actually in the process of doing the same with my Cleopatra. I am stripping the paint and plan on adding more details and interest to her. Making her actually resemble Cleopatra.

I would like to see how that looks. After seeing all the new stuff coming out from SS alone, no Queen of Vampires for me. I still think it is a very nice statue, but I too would like to see something similar to Akasha garb. I loved that movie moreso than others that I know. I thought Aaliyah was awesome in that.

testsubject25
07-28-2012, 02:54 PM
On the other hand, the much darker and semi glossy outfit looks better than the matte gray they originally showed and the base looks nice.

:iagree:

dechirico7
07-29-2012, 10:45 AM
I would like to see how that looks. After seeing all the new stuff coming out from SS alone, no Queen of Vampires for me. I still think it is a very nice statue, but I too would like to see something similar to Akasha garb. I loved that movie moreso than others that I know. I thought Aaliyah was awesome in that.

Oh, I thought you preferred ARH statues to Sideshow?

loricstone
07-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Oh, I thought you preferred ARH statues to Sideshow?

Ooooohhh someone's got jokes today. :p

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ilew6e.gif

For the record, I do think ARH's best sculpts are just as impressive as anything SS has done (relative to 1/4). Their Athena, Medusa, Thor, Leonidas and Valkyrie are just as impressive as anything I have seen come out of SS. However, SS is my main squeeze. I only own 1 ARH product. The majority of my collection is the best in the business which is Sideshow. I own PCS and Syco products too.

dechirico7
07-29-2012, 05:25 PM
Ooooohhh someone's got jokes today. :p

http://i45.tinypic.com/2ilew6e.gif

For the record, I do think ARH's best sculpts are just as impressive as anything SS has done (relative to 1/4). Their Athena, Medusa, Thor, Leonidas and Valkyrie are just as impressive as anything I have seen come out of SS. However, SS is my main squeeze. I only own 1 ARH product. The majority of my collection is the best in the business which is Sideshow. I own PCS and Syco products too.

LOL. :p

victory
08-01-2012, 10:40 PM
This could be such a nice statue. I was considering it but have hesitation now after seeing the in hand pictures. Aside from the face issues I don't like the glossy flesh tone and hair. I prefer if they would have stayed with a matte finish there as shown in the promo photos.

toyzplz
08-01-2012, 11:20 PM
She has enough eye shadow on to be in Rocky Horror

jedi_don
08-04-2012, 04:58 PM
A couple of suggestions for your flash photos. Either switch your camera to macro mode so it reduces the intensity of the flash or stand back and zoom in. Happy picture taking.

Got my Vamp Queen AP today. The paint apps are a little darker and redder then I would have liked but the sculpt and base look really good.

Nyxs
08-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Man she tanned her face ...a lot.

cosmic
08-05-2012, 10:27 AM
Horrible paintjob on the face, also the skin is too dark for a vampire

johnclone
08-05-2012, 02:54 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/lovinlorne/Darrin/P1120846.jpg

she looks sunburned compared to Vampirella :thinking:

NorthernLadMSP
08-05-2012, 11:14 PM
she looks sunburned compared to Vampirella :thinking:

Sunburned and insanely stupid.

wvg9250
08-06-2012, 04:35 AM
not liking her face one bit

dechirico7
08-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Of all vampires, you would think the Queen would be the most pale. Not sure why they bronzed her skin and face. It almost looks like she was put in an electric chair and they fried her head. That would also explain the wide-eyed expression.

Zorglub
08-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Very disappointing piece, and what's up with the simili - Vampirella emblem ?

NorthernLadMSP
08-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Of all vampires, you would think the Queen would be the most pale. Not sure why they bronzed her skin and face. It almost looks like she was put in an electric chair and they fried her head. That would also explain the wide-eyed expression.

:hilarious: OMG, classic!

loricstone
08-06-2012, 02:54 PM

I never noticed that before. It sure is reminiscent of the bat emblem.

I initially liked this statue. But I dont care for the tone of her skin either. The eyebrows are crooked as well. I love the physique, but its like after you see Lady Death and Poison Ivy, you got to come with something much more provacative and engaging as this.

Glad I didn't jump the gun on this.

Madame_Siryn
08-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Well, its going to be a very long time before I ever purchase an ARH statue.

testsubject25
08-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Reverse Vampirism guys, they can't go out in the moonlight. I applaud this bold creative direction!

Hercules75
08-06-2012, 05:36 PM
This is most definitely not ARH's most impressive work...Sculpt is superb but again the paintjob ruins it...What is wrong with their painters this year!??

TNovak
08-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Sunburned and insanely stupid.

not liking her face one bit

Well, its going to be a very long time before I ever purchase an ARH statue.

So you guys are the fence on this one? Should he put you down as a "maybe"? ;):laugh::tongue:

Hercules75
08-06-2012, 06:28 PM
So you guys are the fence on this one? Should he put you down as a "maybe"? ;):laugh::tongue:

Ted are you thinking about acquiring this piece?

Bullseye
08-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Okay you two need to go back to your respective corners. Herc we have had numerous complaints about your agressive style. Can you please tone it down. We accept that people don't like certain sculpts but what we don't accept is outright bashing of sculptors work. Read the forum rules on posting. Now don't have me come back to you two in the future.

boondocksaint
08-06-2012, 07:57 PM
The vanpirella blows this piece away in every way. Paints sculpt face IQ.

NorthernLadMSP
08-06-2012, 08:46 PM
The vanpirella blows this piece away in every way. Paints sculpt face IQ.

It absolutely does.

Johnsonjp16
08-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Okay you two need to go back to your respective corners. Herc we have had numerous complaints about your agressive style. Can you please tone it down. We accept that people don't like certain sculpts but what we don't accept is outright bashing of sculptors work. Read the forum rules on posting. Now don't have me come back to you two in the future.

The majority of this post and other ARH posts is nothing BUT sculptor bashing on ARH. Why are you just now stepping in? Alot of other posters here besides Herc have been extremely rude in this section of the forum. So why are you focusing on him?

Hercules75
08-06-2012, 09:02 PM

Agreed. Dechirico7 will be placed on my ignore list from now on.
Although to set the record straight, I actually have been one of the most ardent defenders of ARH and his work.
Also, if you read through this thread and other ARH threads you will find nothing BUT unabashed bashing of Arahom and his work and always by the same small group of members. The same standards and rules should be applied to all members.

TNovak
08-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Ted are you thinking about acquiring this piece?

No, vampire chicks really aren't my thing. I only have the one vampirella and it is a bust by Wm Paquet and I only have that because he is one of my if not my favorite sculptor and I love about everything he does. I buy lots of ARH stuff but won't get this. And some of the criticism is warranted as well. But then I agree with the facial criticism of the Vampirella as well, politically incorrect though it may be.

loricstone
08-07-2012, 04:06 AM
No, vampire chicks really aren't my thing. I only have the one vampirella and it is a bust by Wm Paquet and I only have that because he is one of my if not my favorite sculptor and I love about everything he does. I buy lots of ARH stuff but won't get this. And some of the criticism is warranted as well. But then I agree with the facial criticism of the Vampirella as well, politically incorrect though it may be.

I don't know where the hell you and the other guy are getting the down syndrome appearance (and that is not politically incorrect because people with Down's all have a similar appearance...some moreso than others) of Vampirella from? :confused:

Bullseye
08-07-2012, 04:39 AM
If people see unneccerary bashing of work report the post. Don't take it upon yourself to get into an argument. The mods will take appropriate action. We are not in every section every second of the day and we rely on a certain maturity among the community. Report the bad behaviour and don't question the moderation when it does happen or infractions will be given out. And in more serious circumstances bans.

dccowen
08-07-2012, 07:21 PM

Maybe they were going for the whole "vampire lestat" thing. Maybe she flew towards the sun and it bronzed her.

blueyell
09-21-2012, 05:04 PM
A picture of my AP, number 2.

Dark69
09-21-2012, 05:50 PM
what big eyes you have Vamp mother.

testsubject25
09-21-2012, 06:12 PM
A picture of my AP, number 2.

wow, never noticed how incredibly similar vamp and cleo were.

dechirico7
09-22-2012, 10:05 AM
wow, never noticed how incredibly similar vamp and cleo were.

I expressed that a while ago and got bashed for it. :drama:

testsubject25
09-22-2012, 10:37 AM
I expressed that a while ago and got bashed for it. :drama:

I don't know why. It's pretty damn obvious. :laugh:

NorthernLadMSP
09-22-2012, 11:27 AM
It's because the ARH fans can't take any criticism of their ARH statues, so they get very defensive if you say anything negative.

ONEYE
09-22-2012, 12:20 PM
Many of your women, i.e. this, Cleopatra, Pocahontas look similar. Is that intentional? Even the entire statue is a copy with minor changes. I prefer variety, not clones.

http://i49.tinypic.com/oq90jl.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/aads0n.jpg

Hercules75
09-22-2012, 02:39 PM
I don`t understand why the "Queen of Vampires" looks more like the Queen of Zombies...
Her mouth should've been open and her fangs on full display..with blood trickling down her lips...Big pass for me...Arahom should consider coming back here and consult with the fans during the development stage

ONEYE
09-22-2012, 04:52 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/6qilnc.jpg

THIS!

Argonus
09-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Some of ARH's statues have been awesome over the years (Medusa, some of the male sculpts, etc) and this one's pretty cool, but for the Queen of the Vampires, she seems... "tame". I also agree with others that have said that.. uh... it doesn't have to be blatantly in our face, but some semblance of her fangs should be shown, and they aren't shown at all. :(

Lovin' the base, the face is pretty awesome.. and that headdress is sweet, but.. yeah... no fangs? :eek: The boots are a little... misplaced.. too... in my opinion. The pose seems.. standard.. but she's walking down stairs, so admittedly I'm not sure how else you could address that. :laugh:

loricstone
09-22-2012, 06:47 PM
To me the poses become a problem if you own one of the other two. But if you only own one of them, then it is unique in one's collection. Of all the three though, I think Cleopatra is the best.

testsubject25
09-22-2012, 07:51 PM
To me the poses become a problem if you own one of the other two. But if you only own one of them, then it is unique in one's collection.

solid point, one and done, otherwise, you're almost buying variants

GUILTY GEAR
09-23-2012, 12:36 PM
i prob add more beads on my own ARH custom

johnclone
09-23-2012, 01:15 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/6qilnc.jpg

THIS!

now this is a vampire queen

johnclone
09-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Some of ARH's statues have been awesome over the years (Medusa, some of the male sculpts, etc) and this one's pretty cool, but for the Queen of the Vampires, she seems... "tame". I also agree with others that have said that.. uh... it doesn't have to be blatantly in our face, but some semblance of her fangs should be shown, and they aren't shown at all. :(

Lovin' the base, the face is pretty awesome.. and that headdress is sweet, but.. yeah... no fangs? :eek: The boots are a little... misplaced.. too... in my opinion. The pose seems.. standard.. but she's walking down stairs, so admittedly I'm not sure how else you could address that. :laugh:

the more you think about it, the more a VAMPIRE QUEEN with no teeth showing just doesn't make sense, does it?

johnclone
09-23-2012, 01:18 PM
I don`t understand why the "Queen of Vampires" looks more like the Queen of Zombies...
Her mouth should've been open and her fangs on full display..with blood trickling down her lips...Big pass for me...Arahom should consider coming back here and consult with the fans during the development stage

:thumbs2:

Dark69
09-23-2012, 01:52 PM
i would kill for a Akasha statue :((

Hercules75
09-23-2012, 03:42 PM
No doubt, Arahom screwed up big time with this piece that had so much potential.
This is what ARH should focus on when creating the alternate head sculpt for the Sideshow EX. This is what defines a vamp, Mr. Arahom:

http://c2.api.ning.com/files/gTQUPAIgLqQpFoNLXCSZeuvHv3TpuORffqMoN8aom-n8GpmEedEFmNU8cNVTgt2YTuk6davUJaHyLRg15ba3tN05aoRj73Yt/Fangs_by_ANARKYMAN.jpg

Kane009
09-28-2012, 02:59 PM
AP #6. I like it!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-XZhThZncRB8/UFyk-6RmqII/AAAAAAAARKw/H3iqGGlAcPU/s1280/IMG_2012_09_21_7187.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-lsd31zYd1EI/UFyimv7pymI/AAAAAAAAQ_o/HR2qBo2K8Z0/s1280/IMG_2012_09_20_7154.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-UA3VmBamS0s/UFyk-GCtGWI/AAAAAAAARAQ/0j10LGXBU_8/s1280/IMG_2012_09_21_7185.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-B_qLopbv4Kk/UFzgdPBsz4I/AAAAAAAARAo/KyOoaiccfYM/s1600/IMG_2012_09_20_7162.JPG

Nitefall
09-28-2012, 10:49 PM
No doubt, Arahom screwed up big time with this piece that had so much potential.
This is what ARH should focus on when creating the alternate head sculpt for the Sideshow EX. This is what defines a vamp, Mr. Arahom:

http://c2.api.ning.com/files/gTQUPAIgLqQpFoNLXCSZeuvHv3TpuORffqMoN8aom-n8GpmEedEFmNU8cNVTgt2YTuk6davUJaHyLRg15ba3tN05aoRj73Yt/Fangs_by_ANARKYMAN.jpg

Fantastic mouth.:buttrock:

AP #6. I like it!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-B_qLopbv4Kk/UFzgdPBsz4I/AAAAAAAARAo/KyOoaiccfYM/s1600/IMG_2012_09_20_7162.JPG

I do too. Great shots Kane. :buttrock:

Congratulations!

dechirico7
09-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Someone should inform the Queen of Vamps not to stick her finger in a socket.

dharper
09-30-2012, 02:41 PM
I hate to beat a dead horse, but I am really disappointed with the quality of this piece. First the paint apps were much different from the proto, now she leaning really bad to one side. I have had her for 2 months and never touch or move the statue and the lean seems to be getting worse.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/lovinlorne/Darrin/542BD2A8-6BF6-4F39-B922-67C04C5097C5-2652-000005FC70AD851A.jpg

NorthernLadMSP
09-30-2012, 02:47 PM
YIKES, that is leaning very badly. She looks like she's about ready to fall over.

dechirico7
09-30-2012, 02:48 PM
holy crap!

Nitefall
09-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Someone should inform the Queen of Vamps not to stick her finger in a socket.

:laugh: Electrifying eyes??

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I am really disappointed with the quality of this piece. First the paint apps were much different from the proto, now she leaning really bad to one side. I have had her for 2 months and never touch or move the statue and the lean seems to be getting worse.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/lovinlorne/Darrin/542BD2A8-6BF6-4F39-B922-67C04C5097C5-2652-000005FC70AD851A.jpg

:eek: Should a peg adjustment be made before she topples?

Madame_Siryn
09-30-2012, 07:31 PM
How is it possible for a statue to lean like that without being moved or touched?? That is so strange!

testsubject25
09-30-2012, 08:26 PM
How is it possible for a statue to lean like that without being moved or touched?? That is so strange!

Poorly made or the rod is bending under the weight, or both, or God only knows... :laugh:

johnclone
09-30-2012, 10:24 PM
not a lean, that is called a hero stance.

Hercules75
09-30-2012, 10:39 PM

Don't worry..if you have any issues with the statue Arahom will repaint the face and fix the leaning problem for you..Just email him and he'll tell you how to proceed

testsubject25
09-30-2012, 10:47 PM

VAMPIRE QUEEN ACTION VARIANT!

Ryu
09-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Maybe vampires can walk up walls and across ceilings

johnclone
09-30-2012, 11:21 PM
That's where I've seen that pose, the Matrix.

Ryu
10-01-2012, 12:03 AM

haha

She should fall like a brick with all that heavy makeup

Dark69
10-01-2012, 12:31 AM
wow that statue looks like Courtney Love on your average Tuesday.

donutboy
10-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Wait a minute. She's doing her smooth criminal dance move.:)

dharper
10-01-2012, 12:58 AM
It looks like the hole that the peg goes into has gotten a little worn and the peg doesn't fit snuggly anymore. I put some scotch tape around the peg and a little on the side of the foot. She is standing straighter now, but who knows how long that will last.

Nitefall
10-01-2012, 01:55 AM

:eek: Are you suggesting she may actually be.........alive?!?!http://i46.tinypic.com/29wvocn.jpg

NorthernLadMSP
10-01-2012, 09:10 AM
It looks like the hole that the peg goes into has gotten a little worn and the peg doesn't fit snuggly anymore. I put some scotch tape around the peg and a little on the side of the foot. She is standing straighter now, but who knows how long that will last.

You should try museum gel.

johnclone
10-01-2012, 03:58 PM
http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac198/jtsu123/ScreenHunter_65Oct011537.jpg

Nitefall
10-02-2012, 01:08 AM
You should try museum gel.

Guaranteed to make her stand straight eh?? :eplus2: I'll give it my best shot. :D

Nitefall
10-02-2012, 01:09 AM
http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac198/jtsu123/ScreenHunter_65Oct011537.jpg

:laugh: Looking good!:D

derekrodneysim
10-07-2012, 04:10 AM
Isn't this essentially Pocahontas? I didn't know ARH was into recycling as well.

derekrodneysim
10-07-2012, 07:11 AM

:hilarious:

testsubject25
10-30-2012, 01:30 PM
uhhhhh...

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9019041&utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Pre-Order+the+Queen+of+the+Vampires+Statue%21&utm_content=Image+-+Pre-Order+the+Queen+of+the+Vampires+Statue%21&utm_campaign=SpooktacularAlert_Deadpool_103012

risingstar
10-30-2012, 01:41 PM
uhhhhh...

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9019041&utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Pre-Order+the+Queen+of+the+Vampires+Statue%21&utm_content=Image+-+Pre-Order+the+Queen+of+the+Vampires+Statue%21&utm_campaign=SpooktacularAlert_Deadpool_103012

The dripping blood is a nice touch, I think...

risingstar
10-30-2012, 01:42 PM

I'm not sure it's a good idea to keep displaying this staue if the lean keeps getting worse. At one point, it's liable to fall over and break... Man, tough break on this piece. I hope you get a replacement.

victory
10-30-2012, 02:12 PM

I had been waiting for the sideshow release but am disappointed. Not a fan of the dripping blood.

loricstone
10-30-2012, 04:11 PM

Looks more appealing and a little truer to her title. But still a pass from me. The only statue I am interested in is Valkyrie w/boat. At least until the next Mythological character.

TNovak
10-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Looks more appealing and a little truer to her title. But still a pass from me. The only statue I am interested in is Valkyrie w/boat. At least until the next Mythological character.

I just ordered the Valkyrie with the boat yesterday. Will make a great companion piece to the Thor :thumbs2:

gagaliya
10-30-2012, 05:25 PM

i was going to get the valkyrie with boat but really liked the golden armor ex head & armor better, so not sure what to do now...

then they release this dripping blood queen...since all my arh statues (except athena) are bloodbath variants this makes the decision even harder for me what to get.

One thing i noticed, the actual production pieces from the chinese factory has better quality and paint than the AP from arh's own usa shop...

Hercules75
10-31-2012, 01:35 AM
Here's some more photos of Sideshow EX Queen of Vampires

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/ARH/QoVSideshowEX36.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/ARH/QoVSideshowEX32.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/ARH/QoVSideshowEX35.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/ARH/QoVSideshowEX6.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/ARH/QoVSideshowEX11.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/ARH/QoVSideshowEX10.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u249/averone_07/ARH/QoVSideshowEX1.jpg

bananafarmer
04-29-2013, 07:52 AM
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4287_zps13154fc3.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4287_zps13154fc3.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4286_zps7c07aab5.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4286_zps7c07aab5.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4284_zps2a594d31.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4284_zps2a594d31.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4283_zps9dee1fa2.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4283_zps9dee1fa2.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4282_zps8a0ca2c8.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4282_zps8a0ca2c8.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4281_zps4f293ec0.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4281_zps4f293ec0.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4280_zps51f82a59.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4280_zps51f82a59.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4279_zpsca68c526.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4279_zpsca68c526.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4278_zpsd877a5b5.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4278_zpsd877a5b5.jpg.html)

bananafarmer
04-29-2013, 07:53 AM
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4276_zps1601ba0c.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4276_zps1601ba0c.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4275_zpse97a4734.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4275_zpse97a4734.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4273_zps071cb859.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4273_zps071cb859.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4272_zps5dd37fb1.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4272_zps5dd37fb1.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4271_zpsf5ca7eac.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4271_zpsf5ca7eac.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4270_zps46f134d0.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4270_zps46f134d0.jpg.html)

wanderlai
04-29-2013, 07:54 AM
Nice C-cups

victory
04-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Nice statue bananafarmer. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Is that an AP version?

bananafarmer
04-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Nice statue bananafarmer. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Is that an AP version?

yes sir, tis indeed.

s_paulik87
04-29-2013, 10:55 PM
jeez Arahom y u so good at sculpting boobz!? Awesome love it

Nitefall
05-01-2013, 02:31 AM
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4286_zps7c07aab5.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4286_zps7c07aab5.jpg.html)

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/hrvy86/queen/IMG_4284_zps2a594d31.jpg (http://s369.photobucket.com/user/hrvy86/media/queen/IMG_4284_zps2a594d31.jpg.html)

:thinking: The nipples aren't quite where I want them to be. :eplus2:

j/k BF. Great statue. Congratulations. Love those eyes, face and expression. Strong, commanding and hypnotic. Totally says Vampire Queen to me. :buttrock: What breasts? lol

johnclone
05-01-2013, 07:53 AM
That statue has breasts?

dao2
05-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Well all the female ones do, this one has uncovered breasts apparently but :P

victory
05-01-2013, 06:25 PM
Got my shipping notification. I now have a pair in route.

Nitefall
05-01-2013, 06:37 PM

:thinking: A pair of ahhh..........never mind.:confused2

Anthos
05-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Wow she turned out nice, I may end up getting one of these.

johnclone
05-02-2013, 06:38 AM

a pair of boots? :confused2

Nitefall
05-03-2013, 06:04 PM
a pair of boots? :confused2

victory
05-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Received my Queen from BBTS. My first ARH statue and I'm very pleased. Nicely done.

thecollector80
06-02-2013, 04:03 PM
are the eyes normally blue or brown?

victory
06-02-2013, 09:39 PM
are the eyes normally blue or brown?

The eyes are blue on mine.

thecollector80
06-03-2013, 01:09 AM
The eyes are blue on mine.

so is yours a regular version or an AP version?

victory
06-03-2013, 12:54 PM
so is yours a regular version or an AP version?

Regular.

thecollector80
06-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Regular.

thanks. i was just confused which had which. regular had blue. EX had brown. AP had custome eye colors. cool

Darth_Ryan
06-11-2013, 02:32 AM
I just received my very first ARH statue, Queen of Vampires. I must say that I am very impressed. Very detailed, amazing body sculpt and paint, removable clothing and base are all top notch. It's a work of art. Very happy to add this to my collection.

thecollector80
06-11-2013, 09:33 AM
I just received my very first ARH statue, Queen of Vampires. I must say that I am very impressed. Very detailed, amazing body sculpt and paint, removable clothing and base are all top notch. It's a work of art. Very happy to add this to my collection.

do you have the regular version?

victory
08-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Playing around and made a backdrop for my Queen. Used dense foam to carve out a brick façade. Sorry for the poor quality pic.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b546/victory1700/photo_zps917d0c6e.jpg

Dark69
08-17-2013, 12:24 AM
that looks really cool

Akuma
09-21-2013, 11:02 AM
I got one of these recently, and everytime I look at it, I thought...damn, if girlfriends or wives look like that, the world shd be a better place...

My point is, regardless of the name of this statue, by itself, the quality n feel of it grows on the viewer n it has the subtlety which allows constant appreciating of the sculptwork:)

Skin color is challenging when comes to mass production, and this piece is one of the more successful releases in recent times for quater scale females:)

Queen or no queen, its a great female piece:)