PDA

View Full Version : No love for Buffy?

D'ohboy
07-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Maybe it's the confusion over not knowing where to post: DS or GG; but none seems to say much about the new Buffy busts.

I found this article on the new Spike bust on Action-Figure.com (http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=15515&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0) .

I think once again they've nailed the likeness, but what's with the crappy stained glass in the background. (The arm positions are also dull. Leave 'em off if they serve no purpose.)

It also looks from the one pic that there's a variant. (Vamp Spike I'd assume.)

Viking28
07-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Likeness is excellent but the glass as a background looks like crap and the base sucks.

leks
07-24-2005, 03:36 PM
Brrr is the glass part of the bust, if so I hope they lose it, kinda wimpy.

I'd probably end up buying a couple of these.

Btw Attakus also was doing a buffy statue like ages ago wonder what happened to that.

lord odin
07-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Bloody Hell

spider-man
07-24-2005, 04:04 PM
I'll be getting these , I already have both oz busts and I have both buffy busts on pre-order.

madjazz
07-24-2005, 04:13 PM
I ordered both Buffy busts. I may try to go back and grab the two Oz. I'd rather get a separate bust for two characters than 2 busts of the same character - especially early in the line. This kind of distribution has killed many a bust line.

stormshadow007
07-24-2005, 04:29 PM
I gots luv for Buffy....more for Faith though, if they end up busting her.

Hellcat Lover
07-27-2005, 12:35 AM
I also orded both buffy busts and i will get spike as well,it looks as though things are looking up for buffy bust line. I do hope they do more supporting cast members.I want Xander,Willow,Faith,Giles,Fred,A New Cordelia I have M.A.C. version and i like it but not love it + love to have Buffy Series Finale Bust with the ultimite Slayer Weapon the stake sycle thing. More Buffy for me

lord odin
07-27-2005, 05:06 AM
Bit.. is going to see a change

Gir
07-27-2005, 01:19 PM
I also orded both buffy busts and i will get spike as well,it looks as though things are looking up for buffy bust line. I do hope they do more supporting cast members.I want Xander,Willow,Faith,Giles,Fred,A New Cordelia I have M.A.C. version and i like it but not love it + love to have Buffy Series Finale Bust with the ultimite Slayer Weapon the stake sycle thing. More Buffy for me

I've heard rumors that Willow is next. I agree that DST/GG need to concentrate on the main characters...Buffy, Giles, Willow, and Xander are the most important characters in the show, and busts of all four should be made. Spike, Angel, and Cordelia are right up there in importance. I personally don't feel that Oz, Anya, Dawn, and Tara are quite as significant as the others I've mentioned, but busts of them would be nice as well. We already have Oz. Monsters are great, but DST/GG shouldn't go overboard with them like MAC did.

So far I only have one of the Oz busts, but I plan to collect at least one of each character. It depends on the character. I'll probably end up collecting all of them though...as long as they don't screw anything up. So far, so good though. I can't complain about any of the likenesses so far. I do agree that the Spike busts would look better without the stained glass. It's coming off.

The Turok Han (aka ubervamp) bust looks awesome!

http://www.action-figure.com/images/05/03/buffybust/1.jpg

Gir
07-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Btw Attakus also was doing a buffy statue like ages ago wonder what happened to that.

Yeah, I've seen pics of it. I liked the pose, but it looked like the face needed some work. Too bad it never got made.

Another one that never made it into production is this Varner statue of Willow. The Buffy and Angel ones are actually pretty nice. I really wish this would have been made.

http://systems.figures.com/archives/images/04/8404.jpg

madjazz
07-27-2005, 01:26 PM
I want Willow, too. Boy do I want Willow! :D

I'm too old at this point to have a fanboy obsession, but in Alison Hannigan's case, I gladly make an exception! :)

Gir
07-27-2005, 01:40 PM
You can be pretty sure that a Willow bust will be made. DST is well aware of her popularity. There are probably more figures of Willow than any other character. Here's a snippet from a Q&A session with DST...

Will there be two Willow busts?

Maybe two - maybe more - BUT we haven't even announced her, have we?

wizard-comics
07-27-2005, 03:21 PM
.....I personally don't feel that Oz, Anya, Dawn, and Tara are quite as significant as the others ....

Tara, not significant?....ahhhh.....she's the hottes thing on the show...(once Cordelia left)

lord odin
07-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Tara, not significant?....ahhhh.....she's the hottes thing on the show...(once Cordelia left)
Next to willow a fine red headed ******* witch. :buttrock:

wizard-comics
07-27-2005, 03:27 PM
All Father...you follow-in me?......Tara was so......mmmmmm

lord odin
07-27-2005, 03:29 PM
All Father...you follow-in me?......Tara was so......mmmmmm
And willow is so yummmmmm :)

wizard-comics
07-27-2005, 03:43 PM
And willow is so yummmmmm :)

she is...wouldn't kick her out of my bed for eating crackers........even if crackers was my dog's name

Gir
07-27-2005, 04:05 PM

I said she's not as significant as the characters I mentioned before her. I didn't say she's not significant. Whether or not she's hot doesn't have much to do with the role she played on the show.

wizard-comics
07-27-2005, 05:50 PM
I said she's not as significant as the characters I mentioned before her. I didn't say she's not significant. Whether or not she's hot doesn't have much to do with the role she played on the show.

I know what ya said...but she is HOT and had everything to do with her role...she was awesome, great actress, cool character...and HOT!!!

Gir
08-26-2005, 09:09 PM
The Uber-vamp/Turok Han bust was just released this week. Here's a pic with some other Buffy busts. It looks great. I'll be picking one up within the next few weeks...little low on cash at the moment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/TruFaithFan/uv14.jpg

RichardW
08-26-2005, 09:16 PM
That Oz bust looks great, but he looks way out of scale with the other busts.

spider-man
08-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Thats because the oz is made by gentle giant and the others as you can tell are not, well ,maby the uber vamp but none of the rest. The other lines faith looks horrible , I was very dissapointed with that line.

Zurbaran1
08-26-2005, 09:35 PM

Hellcat Lover, your signature is way too big. Please take a look at the Signature Size (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=8857) thread and make the necessary adjustments. Sorry and thanks.

Gir
08-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Oz and the Uber-vamp were sculpted by Gentle Giant. The other three were sculpted by Moore Creations (not by more himself though). I'm pretty sure that only the monsters will be sculpted in larger scale from now on. The Buffy busts are up next, and it looks like they'll be in the same scale as the Oz ones. In case you didn't notice, all of the monster busts are missing arms. Oz, Buffy, and Spike will all have arms.

RichardW
08-26-2005, 09:44 PM
I agree regarding Faith looking bad. It doesn't look like her at all. I think all the Moore creature busts have been spot-on.

Gir
08-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Yeah, but the monster busts aren't as popular with fans. The most important characters in Buffy are Buffy (duh), Willow, Xander, and Giles. They're the only characters that have appeared in every season. Yet Moore Creations failed to make a bust of even one of them. Pathetic. The demon Giles bust doesn't count.

RichardW
08-26-2005, 10:08 PM
When I first saw these busts on eBay, I couldn't believe how they were all monsters from a single episode or two. I don't know what they were thinking making busts like that.

Gir
08-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Yep...big mistake. Kulak (yellow demon with spikes...not pictured) is the worst. I'm a pretty big fan of the show, and I had no clue which episode he is even from.