PDA

View Full Version : Mike Deodato Jr Commission

dfens91
08-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Hey Guys,

Any Mike Deodato Jr Fans out there. Mike is trying to get his Cartoon Art book published on Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikedeodato/the-cartoon-art-of-mike-deodato-jr-volume-1-0?ref=live

Check it out. Ends Aug 22

If you pledge $500, you get 2 signed copies of his Cartoon book plus 11'x17' commission of your favourite character.

I think its a good value deal from a legend, also from a really nice guy too. This might be a one time opportunity to get a commission at a reasonable price.

Take care

JadeGiant
08-03-2012, 09:16 AM
There is a thread on this already somewhere. Good deal depends on the quality level of the commission. His web site says ‘Convention-style custom 11" x 17" Mike Deodato original art headshot or full-body shot’ and his con stuff usually looks very loose and often rushed so you may want to ask for some samples of what to expect before making a purchase.

dfens91
08-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Thanks for the heads up- might have to ask him for more detailed commission

Rocket
08-05-2012, 06:39 AM
Hey Hung! Thanks to a forum friend here at SF, I actually completed a dream and got a Daredevil done by Deodato a few months back! Look forward to seeing what you get if you take the plunge mate!

dfens91
08-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Hey Rocket, Cool you got a commission from Deodato. I'm actually cutting back on getting commissions but this on want list that I had to get.

Rocket
03-27-2013, 06:23 AM
How did you go with this mate?

dfens91
03-28-2013, 05:40 AM
Hi Rocket,
Its been while, I haven't been getting commissions lately, Life happens, priorities change, hobbies on hold.
I see your commission building up really nicely.

Anyways I got a recreation of Wonder Woman vs Artemis Trade Cover by Mike Deodato. Top bloke. Hope he comes down under one day.

Just load here
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=997452&GSub=120115

Hoping to met George Perez in Supanove Sydney. Hopefully he gets my superman commission done. Might get another quick sketch.

Shame I wanted something from Terry Dodson, missed out at comic con 2009. Would be nice to see what he draws in Australia?

Which conventions you going to this year?

Underdog07
03-28-2013, 07:46 AM
That's nice. You should post it in the art section