PDA

View Full Version : Anyone collect Transformers G1 Reissues or Alternators / Binaltech?

commerce_of_thieves
07-26-2005, 12:01 AM
Man these things are sweet. The Generation 1 reissues bring me back to 1984 and I'm a kid again. The new Alternator / Binaltech TF's are awesome and the way TF's should be!

Any forum member out there collect these toys too?

Iacon13
07-26-2005, 12:57 AM
There are a few of us out there. I also collect them. Nice to meet a fellow fan.

Mr. X
07-26-2005, 02:46 AM
Most definitely!

I have most of the Gen 1 reissues so far and really love the Binaltechs. Not really into the Alternator as I hate the way Hasbro modifies their imports. I undertsand why they do it but it's not for me. Even if they are cheaper. Diecast is the way to go for me, even if I have to shell out a little more cash for those imports. I love the way they've used gen 1 heads as an homage and the articulation of the hands.

I can't wait to pick up the next Binaltech though. Prowl looks great! Not too sure about his blue version though, as some of the colors kind of clash for robot form.

The only Binaltechs I've passed on is Dead End and Sideswipe. Don't like the molds for them. Which means I'll pass on Sunstreaker as well. Ravage looks pretty cool with that Gen 1 head of his. The Laserwave one is pretty cool also but they shouldn't have attached that gun on his hand. I got used to the Gen 1 head but still hate that hand gun. I mean, he already has his own portable gun, why the need for another?

As for the Gen1 reissues, I will take a break for awhile. Not liking what I see coming. Cup. Wheelie, Star Convoy, or Orion Pax. I'll pass. No thanks.

I'm so glad I picked up Soundwave and Soundblaster. Very sweet. And rare as well. Sold out everywhere.

I look forward to talking more Transformers soon.

And thanks for starting this thread for discussion.

Primal
07-26-2005, 10:29 AM
I sorta stopped collecting them after importing "Transformers: Car Robots" or "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" as it was known here in America. The line where Optimus (Convoy in Japan) transformed into a Firetruck & merged with Ultra Magnus to become God Fire Convoy. Now that's a great toy! Huge!
http://www.bwtf.com/cr/toys/reviews/gfc/gfc.jpg

Gigatron was awesome too with the metallic paint & multiple modes. NICE! :buttrock:
http://www.bwtf.com/cr/toys/reviews/gigatron/rm.jpg

Ghost
07-26-2005, 03:02 PM
I stopped after a while just cause I wanted to focus more on the statues, but I collected the Takara diecast ones. I didn't like the Hasbro plain plastic ones. The diecast made them so much more collectible to me.

commerce_of_thieves
07-26-2005, 06:16 PM
Cool other forum members collect! :buttrock: That ROCKS!!!

At the moment I just caught up w/ all my G1 Takara Reissues. Predaking, Soundwave, Soundblaster are all sweeeet! I really dig the boxes of the Takara Reissues and I think that's part of the appeal. Pat Lee's art is amazing as if he was born to draw them.

I have most of the Hasbro Reissues. I'm just missing Rodimus, Sideswipe, and Skids. I think these are poorly done since the missles are not chrome like the originals and don't even fire, but I still buy them to satisfy my TF crave while I wait for Takara to release more.

As for Binaltechs, I'm just missing the 1st release Smokescreen #8 and eagerly awaiting Prowl's release. This is by far the best Transformers ever made! Homeage to their G1 counterparts and awesome robot modes! Grimlock, Wheeljack, Hound all are amazing!

I have both Masterpieces 1 and 2 as well as the Hasbro Optimus (U.S. version w/ battle marks). This line is impressive... really impressive! I can't wait for the new MP3 coming out later this year.

I usually pass on the Alternator line due to the fact they are made from plastic, but I did pick up a couple like Streak, Grimlock, Swindle, Smokescreen, Ravage, and Sideswipe just to open and display. I may start to collect these since it seems that they are being released faster than their Binaltech counterparts. Decepticharge and Swerve look killer and I can't wait until TRU have them back in stock.

I'm TF crazy as you can see, but that's cool. I think it's good to have multiple hobbies. When you get bored of one you can go to the other... vice-versa. TF's, comics (DC, Marvel, etc), Bowen stuff, Star Wars (busts, figures, etc.), MOTU, comic related statues, art, tropical fish (yes fish), Super Powers, and the list goes on...

Man, I love it!!!

Mr. X
07-26-2005, 09:16 PM
I may have to pick up Alternator Decepticharge since I'm not liking the look of his Binaltech conterpart, Wildrider. Wildrider's car mode looks cool enough with that chrome color but his root color really clashes.

I really love the look of alternator Swerve even if he's a repaint, but I'm wondering if he's going to get a Binaltech counterpart? So far, I haven;t heard anything.

Predaking is a must own. My favorite combiner. I STILL can't believe they actually reissued the guy. More combiners Takara, please!

Hey commerce_of_thieves, how's your Masterpiece 2? I've read that there were some factory flaws. Any on yours?

And who will be MP3?

galactus
07-26-2005, 09:25 PM
I never bought any of the new ones, but I still have a few of my original pieces which I look at from time to time. The first one I got was Sunstreaker, but he was red, not yellow, and they were called Diacron: Cars of the Future.

commerce_of_thieves
07-26-2005, 10:24 PM
X... My MP2 is A-Okay. I heard about the defects and inspected it before I bought it. For a repaint, it's not bad since I always thought Ultra Magnus looked pretty cool as a white version of Prime. As for the MP3, it's going to be MP-B01 King ExKaizer. He's not from G1, but he's BAD-A$$! For some reason since these Masterpieces and Reissues came out I'm back to collecting TF's again. I was even thinking about buying some of the originals from back in the day because I heard some will not be reissued like Sunstreaker due to a broken mold and Mirage due to rights (I believe it had to do with bootlegging the actual racecar or something to that matter). Well anyways, Predaking is killer and I'm hoping Takara brings the Dinos back to life with at least a Grimlock reissue. Time will tell.

As for for a Swerve, his color scheme is different and his head mold is unique enough for me to take some serious consideration. Also since I heard nothing about a Binaltech counterpart, I just may pick him up ASAP or as soon as TRU stocks it. The problem being... if I do that, then I might as well go back and buy the entire Alternator line. Always a new hobby... see what I mean.

I'll keep you posted if you like about all things TF. The new thing is this Galaxy Force / Cybertron TF line, which to me looks promising. I'm not a fan of plastic, but my wife came home with Optimus and this thing is probably the best Optimus that ever came out other than the MP. At first I thought it was "whatever", then after opening it and displaying it... I was like, "This is one BAD MOFO!" The thing has these huge wings and gattling guns that just makes Prime look so hardcore and tuff unlike his G1 Super Mario kinda' campy look (not that there's anything wrong with it). Everything about GF/Cybertron Prime is what Prime should be, which one BAD-A$$ leader that you don't want to SHUCKY DUCKY with. Anyways, check him out. Megatron, Scourge, and Vector Prime (yes from TF lore) are worth checking out as well. Also, Soundwave is on his way in Wave 2 and his GF/Cybertron version pays homage to his G1 counterpart from color scheme to even including what looks to be Laserbeak.

Galactus... What's up? Been awhile, I'd say since SDCC 2004 (Man that was a fun night at ****'s). I Hope you're doing good. Diaclone or Diacron, man that's true old school treasures of the past. My mom had a friend who owned an asain gift shop that sold them to us all the time and I always thought they were fake TF's up until I found out they were the originals years later. I still have them though, beat up and played with. Did your's come with little people too? My Dinobots did, I think? I could be wrong... it was years ago. It's nice to see that even though we collect Bowen's and comics these days, properties like TF are still cherished and remembered.

Mr. X
07-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Aw shucks! And I was hoping Takara would resissue Sunstreaker and Mirage to finish off the Gen 1 medium sized cars.

What about Gen 1 Wheejack?

Reissue Dinobots? Heck yeah! I heard a rumor about them possibly being reissued awhile back, but it never materialized.

I thought about getting GalaxyForce/Cybertron Prime but I passed.

I do however own Galaxy Force Satrscream and he rocks! I opened him today and eveything about him is just amazing, from the sculpt, to robot mode, to alternate mode. This is what Starscream should've been back in Gen 1. I passed on his Cybertron version casue he was too big. Plus, Hasbro went and modified it for safety. I don't like the fold out gun. Rather have the portable gun and two blades. The crown is a nice tocuh though.

As for the MP-2, I may pick him up soon. King ExKaizer eh? His design looks quite interesting.

commerce_of_thieves
07-26-2005, 11:30 PM
X... Bad news, same deal with Wheeljack. Rumor has it Wheeljack (one of my faves) will not be reissued due to a broken mold. But you never know? Soundwave's mold was claimed to be broken, but he came out... thank god. We'll see...

As for the Dino's... I'm praying Man! I'm Praying!

As for GF/CYbertron Prime... pick him up and give him a chance. I did and I'm glad I did. He really kicks a$$. Or you can buy him, open it up, check it out, and then return it if you don't like it. :)

Primal
07-27-2005, 07:19 AM
My mom had a friend who owned an asain gift shop that sold them to us all the time and I always thought they were fake TF's up until I found out they were the originals years later. I still have them though, beat up and played with. Did your's come with little people too? My Dinobots did, I think? I could be wrong... it was years ago. It's nice to see that even though we collect Bowen's and comics these days, properties like TF are still cherished and remembered.
Haha! I also thought the same about the bootleg Transformers Dinobots my parents used to get for me & my bro in NYC Chinatown. Instead of the red that they had in robot form, it was blue, so I thought they were bootleg. Ah man those were the days. The instructions had illustrations of the little people riders which yrs later I found out were Microman type figures. Although mine didnt come with little people as hard as I searched inside the box. :bawling: Anyone got a time machine I could borrow?

Mike
07-27-2005, 09:18 AM
I collect Altenators but I'm thinking of jumping ship and collecting Binaltechs. Die Cast is so much nicer.

I also have a slew of G1 toys from when I was a kid. Some of them are in great shape and others look like they were stomped on. Luckily all my dino bots are in great shape. (I am missing one though)

commerce_of_thieves
07-27-2005, 12:25 PM
I bet you it's Swoop. I never got that guy because he was released much later and he was a bit hard to find.

I collect Altenators but I'm thinking of jumping ship and collecting Binaltechs. Die Cast is so much nicer.

I also have a slew of G1 toys from when I was a kid. Some of them are in great shape and others look like they were stomped on. Luckily all my dino bots are in great shape. (I am missing one though)

galactus
07-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Galactus... What's up? Been awhile, I'd say since SDCC 2004 (Man that was a fun night at ****'s). I Hope you're doing good. Diaclone or Diacron, man that's true old school treasures of the past. My mom had a friend who owned an asain gift shop that sold them to us all the time and I always thought they were fake TF's up until I found out they were the originals years later. I still have them though, beat up and played with. Did your's come with little people too? My Dinobots did, I think? I could be wrong... it was years ago. It's nice to see that even though we collect Bowen's and comics these days, properties like TF are still cherished and remembered.

Yeah, my "Sunstreaker" came with a little yellow dude with magnetic feet. I think that was the only one I got which wasn't under the Transformers name. I probably still have him around somewhere. I should take a look :confused:

qcjoe
07-29-2005, 07:11 PM
I had gotten most of the takara reissues,but I found they werent making all the G1 guys so I stopped. they didnt have all the molds.

Mr. X
07-29-2005, 10:12 PM
So what does everyone think of the upcoming Binaltech Prowl. The black/white one looks good. Easily a buy there. The blue one looks good in car mode except when he's in robot mode, he seems to clash in colors. I might have to pass on it.

By the way, anyone else visit the Ultimate Bianltech (http://www.binalternators.de/binaltech_english.html) site? A very kick ass site. Very imformative.

Or use Shoppertron (http://shoppertron.com/)? Another helpful site.

stormshadow007
07-29-2005, 10:21 PM
I am a big fan of the G1 Takara reissues (Predaking, Megatron, Soundwave, Insecticons, etc.) and some of the Hasbro G1 reissues (i.e. Optimus, Ultra Magnus, Decepticon planes, etc). I never took them out of the box though, and like to have them just because they remind me so much of growing up in the 80s and not having the dinero to buy them.

Wish they would make Jetfire, Blaster (to pair with Soundwave) and Shockwave....that would really rock.

Nightcrawler777
07-30-2005, 04:37 PM
I only Collect the Statues...

But the Toys are pretty Sweet...

Mr. X
07-30-2005, 11:55 PM
Does Takara even own the Shockwave mold?

I really want me a Shockwave reissue. I never owned the guy. The toy looks cool though.

commerce_of_thieves
07-31-2005, 12:59 AM
X... That mold belongs to another company and I think we may not get a reissue, which really sucks. As for Binaltech Prowl, he's a pick up for sure!

Does Takara even own the Shockwave mold?

I really want me a Shockwave reissue. I never owned the guy. The toy looks cool though.

Primal
07-31-2005, 03:30 PM
I am a big fan of the G1 Takara reissues (Predaking, Megatron, Soundwave, Insecticons, etc.).
Just got the Japanese Reissue Predaking yesterday! Havent take it out of the box yet but this was the one Transformer I've wanted the most! :buttrock: Here's a link.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=12201&page=1

commerce_of_thieves
07-31-2005, 06:21 PM
Nice! I picked him up recently as well at the SDCC. I got mine for $120 and I thought it was a steal. :buttrock:

Predaking was one of the TF's I never owned back then and when it was announced that he was going to be reissued... I had to have it!

Just got the Japanese Reissue Predaking yesterday! Havent take it out of the box yet but this was the one Transformer I've wanted the most! :buttrock: Here's a link.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=12201&page=1

Mr. X
08-02-2005, 01:41 PM
So it seems the next reissue will be Gen 1 Galvatron. And in movie accurate colors too.

http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/albums/Transformers-Images-Thumbs/galvatron.jpg

I was never into the toy so I think I'll pass.

Besides, I think Energon Galvatron beats Gen 1 Galvatron in terms of looks anyways.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/4466/rgalvatron0355uu.jpg

Primal
08-02-2005, 02:27 PM
So it seems the next reissue will be Gen 1 Galvatron. And in movie accurate colors too.
Holy crap! I knew Galvatron was being reissued but didnt know about the recolor. May have to pick this one up! :buttrock:

Primal
08-04-2005, 08:40 PM
More details on the reissue Galvatron. :buttrock:

Galvatron (TV show accurate deco, New face, Matrix necklace, New electronic phrases/sounds) :buttrock:

Nightcrawler777
08-04-2005, 09:21 PM
More details on the reissue Galvatron. :buttrock:

Galvatron (TV show accurate deco, New face, Matrix necklace, New electronic phrases/sounds) :buttrock:
Id rather have a statue or a bust....

Mr. X
08-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Micromaster Sixwing in Gen 1 Superion colors.

http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/albums/Transformers-Universe-Micromaster-Aerialbot-Images/superion.jpg

After the Micromaster Sixbuilder in Gen 1 Devastator colors, this looks pretty cool. Wow. I might have to pick this guy up.

He's under the Universe line, which will most likely be offered through Hasbro's direct online store.

More here (http://www.tfw2005.com/gallery/Transformers-Universe-Micromaster-Aerialbot-Images).

Primal
08-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Id rather have a statue or a bust....
Yeah...Too bad HardHero isnt producing Transformer statues anymore. :bawling:

Mr. X
08-05-2005, 02:36 PM
I'm not really into Transformers statues but what do ya'll think of that upcoming Devastator statue from Palisades Toys? Looks pretty cool. Pretty expensive though ($170!). He stands 12 inches tall. Not sure if he'll come with the battle effects paints though. The pic below is computer generated, I think.

http://www.alteregocomics.com/store/files/images/large/d_1854.jpg

Nightcrawler777
08-05-2005, 02:47 PM
I cant wait for that statue.... :buttrock:

Mr. X
08-12-2005, 02:37 AM
Okay, so Binaltech Wildrider/Black Widow or whatever it's called is now cancelled. Thank God, cause that robot mode color looked awful.

I'm still trying to find Alternator Decepticharge and Swerve. These fellas are hard to find since they're Hasbro exclusives only. Nope, there's no Takara version of these guys anytime soon.

And the white Prowl ran out fast! Dude is pretty popular.

Plan to get both versions of him though.

commerce_of_thieves
08-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Okay, so Binaltech Wildrider/Black Widow or whatever it's called is now cancelled. Thank God, cause that robot mode color looked awful.

I'm still trying to find Alternator Decepticharge and Swerve. These fellas are hard to find since they're Hasbro exclusives only. Nope, there's no Takara version of these guys anytime soon.

And the white Prowl ran out fast! Dude is pretty popular.

Plan to get both versions of him though.

Yeah, I can't find Decepticharge as well. I have 2 Swerves in hand though! If you want him, let's do a trade.

I also want both Binaltech Prowls! He's kick-a$$!!!

For some reason since Decepticharge and Swerve came out... I really want to buy all the Hasbro Alternators. I have a couple opened and displayed like Grimlock, Streak, Ravage, Sideswipe, Smokescreen, and Swindle. The only ones I have boxed is an extra Grimlock and the 2 Swerves.

Still, I personally think Takara Binaltechs are better and I will continue to pick up those on a regular basis whenever they come out.

Mr. X
08-20-2005, 05:56 PM
More upcoming Binaltech pics from Character Hobby 2005 show (http://www.fantofan.jp/news/event/charahobby2005/charahobby-2005.htm).

Looking good.

I may just have to pick up Sunstreaker!

Punisher
09-06-2005, 03:54 AM
I remember a little blue Dune Buggy transformer. Wish I could remember it's name.
On the Binaltech's... what cars do they have? Is there a list?

Tony Coca
09-06-2005, 11:19 AM
http://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/Pepsi%20Prime/pepsi-prime.htm

now thats a cool reissue.

Primal
09-06-2005, 11:33 AM

Had to be related to food or drink. :laugh:

Tony Coca
09-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Had to be related to food or drink.
:stick: :stick: Damn you. :stick: :stick:

Mr. X
09-06-2005, 03:14 PM
I remember a little blue Dune Buggy transformer. Wish I could remember it's name.
On the Binaltech's... what cars do they have? Is there a list?
I believe the dune buggy was called Beachcomber (http://www.tfu.info/1985/Autobot/Beachcomber/beachcomber.htm).

A list of all the Binaltechs can be found to right side here (http://www.binalternators.de/binaltech_english.html), my favorite Binaltech resource site. The guy running it has done a hell of a job.

Mr. X
09-06-2005, 03:15 PM

What's up with those blue colored forearms? Looks offputting to me.

Punisher
09-10-2005, 07:39 AM
Nice. =) Thanks for the link

Mr. X
10-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Man, this thread is dead.

Ayways, the next reissue will be Broadcast, aka Blaster! Check here (http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=5141&mode=flat).

Cool. And with Steeljaw. Nice.

Primus don't look bad either. Better than Unicron!

Anyone here get there BTA's yet? I preordered mine from TFsource and their shipment is STILL being inspected at customs. Sigh.

Primal
10-20-2005, 10:03 PM
Man, this thread is dead.

Ayways, the next reissue will be Broadcast, aka Blaster! Check here (http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=5141&mode=flat).

Cool. And with Steeljaw. Nice.

Primus don't look bad either. Better than Unicron!

Anyone here get there BTA's yet? I preordered mine from TFsource and their shipment is STILL being inspected at customs. Sigh.Primus is gonna rock! (No, Daywalker...not the band, although they rock too) And for those who dont know...Primus is the "god & creator" of the transformers in the comic book...and Unicron's archenemy. Essentially, he's Cybertron itself!

http://tformers.net/i/a/galaxy_force/c-00f2f.jpg

Mr. X
10-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Primus is gonna rock! (No, Daywalker...not the band, although they rock too) And for those who dont know...Primus is the "god & creator" of the transformers in the comic book...and Unicron's archenemy. Essentially, he's Cybertron itself!
Daywalker? Huh?

I admit, I know jack about Primus, but I like that he's gonna be big. Woo-hoo!

Tony Coca
10-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Primus is gonna rock! (No, Daywalker...not the band, although they rock too) And for those who dont know...Primus is the "god & creator" of the transformers in the comic book...and Unicron's archenemy. Essentially, he's Cybertron itself!

http://tformers.net/i/a/galaxy_force/c-00f2f.jpg
C.R.A.P

Ish
10-20-2005, 10:45 PM
C.R.A.P
:laugh: :laugh:

Primal
10-20-2005, 10:48 PM
C.R.A.PSo bitter. :laugh: Quit trying to get on Bowen's next T-shirt! But then again...u should know about crap Warlord lover. :laugh:

SpenK
10-20-2005, 11:38 PM
who wants reissues when you have the Original "real thing"........................ :eplus2:

Mr. X
10-21-2005, 12:34 AM
Heck, I have the original and I STILL want the reissue.

SirConor
10-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Does anyone know if they hve plans to rerelease the original Dinobots? I was born in 1984 and I remember having these when I was all of three or four and I loved them so much. I don't like the new versions, I'm talking about the ORIGINALS. I think they'd sell like crazy... well I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Primal
10-21-2005, 07:33 AM
Does anyone know if they hve plans to rerelease the original Dinobots? I was born in 1984 and I remember having these when I was all of three or four and I loved them so much. I don't like the new versions, I'm talking about the ORIGINALS. I think they'd sell like crazy... well I'm keeping my fingers crossed.I'm sure they'll reissue the DINOBOTS eventually. They've reissued quite a bit...including the INSECTICONS in a 3-pack.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/tf357big.jpg

Sam Wilson
10-21-2005, 10:13 AM
I'd just like to say FU$# YOU primal, for getting me into transformers again. GODDAMMIT. Like I needed something else to spend money on. :)

SirConor
10-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Ahhh if they have insecticons they HAVE to do Dinobots...

Primal
10-21-2005, 11:44 AM
I'd just like to say FU$# YOU primal, for getting me into transformers again. GODDAMMIT. Like I needed something else to spend money on. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Some more items from my collection to tempt you! FYI: Optimus Prime = Convoy in Japan.

1-Star Convoy (Japanese exclusive-giant city-size reincarnated Prime!) The micromaster Hotrod in front actually comes with Star Convoy!
2-Beast Wars 2 (japanese only cartoon) Lio-Convoy
3-Beast Wars 2 Galvatron dragon mode!
4-Beast Wars Neo (aka Beast Wars 3) Big-Convoy - which transformed into a Wooly Mammoth.

Had enough Sammy?!?!

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/16/r_starconvoy191.jpg http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/09/r_lioconvoy048.jpghttp://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/09/r_galvatron008.jpg http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/21/r_bigconvoy061.jpg

Primal
10-26-2005, 09:40 PM
New Binaltech previews...

http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B000BRKP3E.01.IN01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B000BRKP3E.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B000BRKP3O.01.IN01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B000BRKP3O.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

SirConor
10-26-2005, 10:27 PM
They dare make a crappy minivan thing and they don't rerelease the dinobots?? BLASPHEMY.

Primal
10-26-2005, 10:30 PM
They dare make a crappy minivan thing and they don't rerelease the dinobots?? BLASPHEMY. :laugh: :laugh: There's no justice in the world.

Iacon13
10-27-2005, 12:52 AM
:) I have removed these pics and put them in the comic art section since they probably belong there. Sorry about posting in the wrong spot.

Primal
10-27-2005, 07:56 AM
Well I don't collect the toys as much anymore but here are some Original Production cels used in the Generation 1 cartoons back in 1984-1987. I just aquired some new pieces one of which I am using as my Avatar.
The 2 Starscream cels are from the episode 'The Golden Lagoon" Season 2
The Megatron Soundwave is from 'The Key to Vector Sigma Part 1' Season2
The Bruticus is from the episode 'Aerial Assault' Season2
The Optimus is from one of the Headmaster Epiosdes released in 1987 after the intial 3 seasons here and the Movie.
Hope you like em! :)As usual, cool cels Iacon...especially the Optimus and Bruticus. Where do you get them?

Iacon13
10-27-2005, 11:11 AM
As usual, cool cels Iacon...especially the Optimus and Bruticus. Where do you get them?

Hey Primal
Well there pretty tough to find. At one point there were a couple of animation galleries that got a few collections in about 2-3 years ago. they disappeared fast into collectors hands (2-3 weeks and they wee gone). There is actually only a handful of us outthere 6-8 guys who have any of these pieces in any abundance. One guy has over 100 pieces. The rest of us have anywhere from 10- 30 pieces each. Each piece is totally unique. In some cases ther eis only one or 2 known cels of a character. For example there is only one surviving cel of Shockwave, 2 of Trailbreaker, and only about 3 of Sideswipe. I have got most of my pieces through various trades and I was lucky enough to purchase some from galleries at the time. I don't find them much myself now. What you see will probably be my final update on cels for a long while. These ones were obtained through a trade. You can still sometimes find pieces on auctions in Japan and very occasionally Ebay. Gen 1 stuff is generally tough to find because they were not saved. They would wash the paint off the celluloid in order to save production costs after the art had been commited to film. However some smart art directors and producers and artists saved some pieces and thats how they made it out to the collector market.

Primal
11-09-2005, 09:43 AM
One of the cooler Binaltechs. Shockwave released as Binaltech Laserwave (Alternator-Shockblast). This one looks even better than the pic. And with Japanese Die-Cast metal? NICE! :buttrock: I dont think there's an American Alternator version. Anyways, you can see the difference between the 2. Shiny diecast metal version on top. Dull plastic version on the bottom.

http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/1131518897.jpg
Comparison pic.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v209/soundwaveca/Alt%20Photoshot%202/Picture2052.jpg

Primal
11-13-2005, 04:39 PM
More details on the reissue Galvatron.

Galvatron (TV show accurate deco, New face, Matrix necklace, New electronic phrases/sounds)I think a slightly darker purple wouldve been in order. Nice Matrix accessory. Included a pic of a cool custom.
http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/media//tf/galvatron_l.jpg http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/media/tf/gal_04_l.jpg http://www.unicron.com/alterations/fan%20made%20alts/tfm.galvatron.jpg http://nervmagi.8m.com/behold_galvatron.jpg

Sam Wilson
11-13-2005, 04:42 PM
primal,

I got my Takara Convoy (optimus prime) masterpiece edition in the mail the otherday. It is SWEET.

Primal
11-16-2005, 12:23 PM

now thats a cool reissue.Here's a more detailed pic of your food related Transformer. :laugh:

http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/1132155993.jpg

Mr. X
11-17-2005, 06:46 AM
New Binaltech previews...

http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B000BRKP3E.01.IN01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B000BRKP3E.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B000BRKP3O.01.IN01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B000BRKP3O.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Skids is an easy buy for me but still haven't made up my mind on whether to get Broadcast or not. Somehow, I'm not digging the yellow.

Primal
11-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Here's the Galvatron movie-color accurate reissue. Check out the box & Matrix! :buttrock:

Ghost
11-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Damn and I was just getting out from buying these, and you guys reel me back in. I have some of the Alternators, mainly the plastic ones, but when I found out about the die casts I just traded up! Love the Scion one too. Is that Galvatron out yet here, Primal?

Mr. X
11-21-2005, 11:33 PM
He wont's ship till late December.

They should've used either of these pics for the box art instead.

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/8567/transformers81ht.jpg
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/7426/transformers969eh.jpg

wolverinejedi007
11-22-2005, 12:32 AM
I agree ...
Why a dirty Galvatron?

Mr. X
11-22-2005, 01:08 AM
I agree ...
Why a dirty Galvatron?
I think that's lava all over him, you know, from the third season when he was taking the lava bath. The image was taken from a Dreamwave lithograph.

mikeyb
11-22-2005, 08:33 AM
ooooh, reissue galvatron looks cool! been waiting to see pics of the accurate version. might have to pick one up, it will save me repainting one of the ones ive had since being a kid. like the galvatron drawings too, almost tempted to do a sculpt of that first image one day. hmmmm... would anyone be up for a galvatron statue? :)

mike

Primal
11-22-2005, 09:15 AM
I think that's lava all over him, you know, from the third season when he was taking the lava bath. The image was taken from a Dreamwave lithograph.Exactamundo. That's the lava bath he landed in after being dumped there by Rodimus in the movie.

commerce_of_thieves
12-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Heads up TF fans, there's a notable crazy sale at TRU right now.

1. Reissue Ricochett - 98 cents!

2. Alternators (Shockwave, Decepticharge, & Wheeljack) - $16.99

I was just at the one near me in Long Beach, CA and I picked up 2 Ricochetts for 98 cents, eventhough I don't care for him too much, but the price is just insane.

Also, new Cybertron figures are rampant and everywhere now!

Mr. X
12-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Whoa! 98 friggin' cents?

Wow.

Anyways, has anyone seen pics of Pepsi Prime? I think he looks really good.

I might pick up purp Galvatron as well after seeing more pics of him. Pretty much changed my mind.

I got my Binaltech Skids and he looks fantastic.

commerce_of_thieves
12-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Pepsi Prime looks good, I'm going to pick him up with the Galvatron as well.

Another notable sale is Energon Megatron (looks like Galvatron) for $10.98 at the Westminster, CA TRU.

Also, I just got my entire collection of the TF G1 cartoons form china and it's sweet. All 98 episodes and the movie with a collector's tin case, postcards, and a keychain. It took about 3 weeks or so and it cost $9.99 w/ $35.00 shipping, but it's well worth it IMO.

Primal
12-08-2005, 12:04 AM
Hey Sammy. Since you're aiming to get all the Binaltechs, you might think about getting this book. Really cool pictures with the first 12 Binaltechs. Also offers some info on variants.

http://www.binalternators.de/complete_guide_cover.jpg

I have the Transformers: Generations Book which is awesome, jampacked with cool pics from everything in Generation 1 & 2! Only downside is it's only in Japanese but the pics more than make up for it. You'll be surprised at Transformers you never heard of that were offered only in Europe & Japan.

http://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/Generations%20Book/bookfront.JPGhttp://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/Generations%20Book/genbookbk.JPG http://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/Generations%20Book/bookopen.JPG
Check out more pics here!
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=2734&start=0

Mr. X
12-08-2005, 02:18 AM
I have the second book. It really does rock. Lots of good pics alright.

They released a second version called a Special Edition too. I think. Anyone know the difference between the two?

Mr. X
12-22-2005, 05:32 PM
A closer look at Primus!

http://fantofan.jp/news/mag/dengekihobby/feb2006-2.jpg
http://fantofan.jp/news/mag/hyperhobby/hh1-1.jpg

Primal
12-22-2005, 08:58 PM
A closer look at Primus!Looks good...only problem is i've run out of room to buy everything I want!

Mr. X
12-22-2005, 10:23 PM
Looks good...only problem is i've run out of room to buy everything I want!
I hear the Hasbro version will be different from the Takara version? Anyone knows what this is?

Tony Coca
12-23-2005, 02:31 AM
Hey Sammy. Since you're aiming to get all the Binaltechs, you might think about getting this book. Really cool pictures with the first 12 Binaltechs. Also offers some info on variants.

http://www.binalternators.de/complete_guide_cover.jpg

I have the Transformers: Generations Book which is awesome, jampacked with cool pics from everything in Generation 1 & 2! Only downside is it's only in Japanese but the pics more than make up for it. You'll be surprised at Transformers you never heard of that were offered only in Europe & Japan.

http://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/Generations%20Book/bookfront.JPGhttp://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/Generations%20Book/genbookbk.JPG http://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/Generations%20Book/bookopen.JPG
Check out more pics here!
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=2734&start=0
Im still looking for Laser Wave.

Mr. X
12-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Remy's go his Pepsi Prime gallery up here (http://tfkenkon.com/collection/act393/).

Plus, he's got picks of Alternator Richochet here (http://www.tfans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=40196).

Mr. X
12-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Another shot of Primus has surfaced. Sweetness!

http://fantofan.jp/news/mag/hyperhobby/hh2-1.jpg
http://fantofan.jp/news/mag/hyperhobby/hh2-6.jpg
http://fantofan.jp/news/mag/hyperhobby/hh2-5.jpg
http://fantofan.jp/news/mag/hyperhobby/hh2-4.jpg

Mr. X
01-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Closer look at Richochet here (http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Transformers-Alternators-Ricochet-Test-Shot_W0QQitemZ6027558359QQcategoryZ753QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem).

Mr. X
01-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Better lighting!

http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/1136562809.jpg

Primal
01-24-2006, 12:14 PM
Better lighting!

http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/1136562809.jpgThat's actually a nice version of the original Japanese G1 Stepper (which was pretty much a repainted Jazz including a TargetMaster). May have to check this one out at some point.
http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/files/04/r_ricochet086.jpg

Mr. X
01-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah, it looks like I will be picking up the guy and pass on Prime and Rollbar.

Mr. X
01-26-2006, 06:43 AM
Alternator Rumble can be seen here (http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91583).

Very blurry pic but I hope he comes in yellow!

Mr. X
01-26-2006, 05:11 PM
More Prime here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6032217586).

I'm still not feeling it.

Mr. X
01-28-2006, 12:46 AM
Mirage here (http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=15704295&selected=).

Mr. X
01-28-2006, 12:51 AM
Another knockoff here (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread90214.html).

Very nice.

Mr. X
01-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Even more Prime here (http://www.allspark.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Alternators-Optimus-Prime&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=1).

It shows the whole transformation.

Primal
01-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Mirage here (http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=15704295&selected=).Mirage was one of my first tformers...wouldve liked to have him look more like his G1 vehicle mode...but I think there was a problem with the licensing.

Mr. X
01-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Mirage was one of my first tformers...wouldve liked to have him look more like his G1 vehicle mode...but I think there was a problem with the licensing.
The Alternators one doesn;t look all that bad, except I don;t like the wheels in front of his legs.

Mr. X
02-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Toy Fair 2006 is here, and you know what that means?

Pics (http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=5547&dispsize=800&start=0), pics (http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=5548&start=0), pics (http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=5550&dispsize=800&start=0)!

Primal
02-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Toy Fair 2006 is here, and you know what that means?

Pics (http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=5547&dispsize=800&start=0), pics (http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=5548&start=0), pics (http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=album&album=5550&dispsize=800&start=0)!I'm trying to understand the concept behind the new beast transformers. Is the whole line basically preexisting beast wars characters but in sleeker metallic beast forms? And is there is a story behind this?

http://tformers.net/g/albums/5547/Untitled-79.jpg

Tony Coca
02-11-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm trying to understand the concept behind the new beast transformers. Is the whole line basically preexisting beast wars characters but in sleeker metallic beast forms? And is there is a story behind this?

Yeah the story is that can make up any creative Ideas for Transformers so they have to recycle this crap.

Mr. X
02-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Sorry, I'm not into Beast Wars toys so I can't explain.

Captain Britain
02-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Ah, nostalgia.

I remember Jazz and Soundwave being my first Transformers back in the 80's and i always remember that although the toy of Soundwave was cool he never actually looked like he did in the Cartoon same as Jetfire whose toy had a lenticular eye (like a cylon) but in the cartoon he had a face.

Mr. X
02-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I just picked up Ricochet at my local Target. Very nice. Might think about picking up Rollbar as well, if I can find him.

I also picked up Cybertron Downshift. Nice mold. Okay colors. I hope they release a G1 homage colored one.

Mr. X
02-19-2006, 08:27 PM
More Primus here (http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=album&album=toy+previews%2FTakara+Primus). Very good pics.