PDA

View Full Version : HOW TO HAVE YOUR CHUN LI FACE REPAINTED

Pages : [1] 2

OuttaSight
08-17-2012, 08:47 PM
This is the official word.

If you would like your Blue or Red Chun Li's face repainted to look more like the version shown at San Diego Comic Con last year then you need to send it to us.

We will offer this repainting service for free, but we cannot cover the shipping.

The reason is that the Chun Li you received is painted per Capcoms official specs and any changes we may make are considered customization and non-official.

We can donate our time to the custom repaint but we cannot incur the costs of shipping.

Also, because we will only be doing these repaints in batches once per month, it may take 4-6 weeks to complete.

See this link for more information:

http://popcultureshocktoys.com/news-details.asp?ID=28&S=default.asp

MortalMonday
08-17-2012, 09:04 PM
That's awesome! Time to get on it people!

Grayfox117
08-17-2012, 09:17 PM
I will send her out Monday:flash:

jye318
08-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Perfect!! So only the eye will be repaint right? Not the mouth I wish.

GUILTY GEAR
08-17-2012, 10:20 PM
that is very cool for u do this, thumbs to you, Jerry. :)

BornFreeSF
08-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Perfect!! So only the eye will be repaint right? Not the mouth I wish.

The whole face. Like SDCC. Eyes, eyebrows, teeth, like we have seen with the black chuns.

THANKS JERRY :)

Spazzy
08-17-2012, 10:35 PM
is there a cut off time?

jye318
08-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Cool, it's gonna be perfect chun li!!

Ricky Bobby
08-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Thats great news Jerry

Rokdweller
08-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Thanks Jerry, very much appreciated!

OuttaSight
08-17-2012, 11:17 PM
is there a cut off time?

Not really. I mean 6-8 months from now...maybe...

markuz30
08-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Mr. Jerry even for us international buyers, We can send it to you as well?

OuttaSight
08-17-2012, 11:27 PM
Mr. Jerry even for us international buyers, We can send it to you as well?

yes just follow the rules in the link

joebad
08-17-2012, 11:51 PM
Awesome, gonna send it out tomorrow!

joebad
08-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Is it alright if I don't include the hands? Just want to avoid an unnecessary risk of shipping fragile pieces. Thanks for doing this Jerry, can't wait to get her back looking amazing.

toe
08-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Wished sideshow would do this

Niero
08-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Awesome, I'll send mine next week!

SARPEDON
08-18-2012, 02:24 AM
My red one is on the way.

crazy_legs03
08-18-2012, 02:50 AM
Class act Jerry!!

Shipping costs for international folks will be crazy $120+ for a round trip.

StatueHunter75
08-18-2012, 02:58 AM
I'll be sending my two girls as soon as I'm back in the USA!

antnie
08-18-2012, 03:04 AM
Question for Jerry, do you have any of the Blue Chun Li statues at your house, that are for sale?

Y3E
08-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Cheapest shipping (using Canada Post) one way from Canada to US with insurance is $50.07, so round trip is probably similar so I am out. Thanks anyways Jerry.

charlie
08-18-2012, 03:21 AM
Jerry, I live near Northridge. Would it be possible to drop off the statue locally?

GenoToys
08-18-2012, 03:48 AM
Question for Jerry, do you have any of the Blue Chun Li statues at your house, that are for sale?

Dude great question!!!!! I would be interested too! :)

Comicbookguy
08-18-2012, 04:04 AM
Shipping both ways for blue and red ones would be 100.00 for me. I must think about this first.

SARFARAZ
08-18-2012, 04:31 AM
Oh well. Guess I'll be keeping mine the way it is..

SARPEDON
08-18-2012, 04:42 AM
wow about $128.00 for round trip I guess the red one is going back for credit too. I cannot accept this as a solution to the problem almost $450 spent for a statue that was supposed to be $325.00 not acceptable at all.

Jyester
08-18-2012, 05:18 AM
Great Jerry free re-paint and good customer service from PCS as usual to offer this up.

Shipping both ways for blue and red ones would be 100.00 for me. I must think about this first.

you will be increasing the re-sale value in the future of your collectible by more than $100 not to mention the aesthetic value when you look at her... no brainer pack her up and get her off to detox !

bebohawk
08-18-2012, 06:39 AM
Jerry I think you should add the you are not responsible for any lost or damage during the shipping process

Niero
08-18-2012, 08:18 AM
My retailer is holding my statue since it came out, It would be impossible to pay for 2 international shippings + custons fees.

jasong888
08-18-2012, 01:11 PM
much anticipated! will send my blue chunners on monday. thanks jerry!

Spazzy
08-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Jerry- If I send it fedex with a return label would that be acceptable? I get a nice discount, you would just need to apply label and drop it off at a fedex office/kinkos

Comicbookguy
08-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Great Jerry free re-paint and good customer service from PCS as usual to offer this up.

you will be increasing the re-sale value in the future of your collectible by more than $100 not to mention the aesthetic value when you look at her... no brainer pack her up and get her off to detox !

:banghead: decisions so difficult!!!! :deadh: I can't decide. :doh!:

Morgul Steve
08-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Jerry, I live near Northridge. Would it be possible to drop off the statue locally?

Yes I have the same question. I live in Simi Valley (just over the hill from you).
It would be nice if I could just drive the statue to you and pick it up when it is done.

Also can you post some pics of how she will be repainted? Maybe some of the first ones that you do.

SARPEDON
08-18-2012, 09:05 PM
How about those of us who has to pay an arm and a leg to fix this? any other shipping options?

Faceless_one
08-18-2012, 11:15 PM
I´m new at PCS and started with the Sagat EX (favourite character!) but am not new at Sideshow...

All I can say: this is great!!!

Great and perfect service to everyone!!!

SS would never, hold on a second... NEEEVEEERRR!!! EEEEVVVVEEEERRRR do this for their customers!

They would ask you to accept a 25$ refund instead!

If I forgot to mention it - it´s a great service!!!

Chargersfan57
08-18-2012, 11:29 PM
SS would never, hold on a second... NEEEVEEERRR!!! EEEEVVVVEEEERRRR do this for their customers!

Uhh,..... Didn't SS do this for Rogue? Or am I wrong?

I and I
08-19-2012, 06:09 AM
you're are absolutely, dead-on, wrong
they just replaced the heads like they replace anything that's broken and such but it wasn't that big on an improvement and they stopped making replacement after the first two batches regardless on whether they looked good or not

Jyester
08-19-2012, 06:12 AM
Also can you post some pics of how she will be repainted? Maybe some of the first ones that you do.

The re-paint will be the same as the Black versions Steve check out the pics of the black in the Chun-Li thread and you can see exactly how it will be re-painted.

chaggs1
08-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Great for you collectors in the states but the rest of the world it's not as good as it sounds with shipping and the TAX. But no blame lies at Jerry's feet but that factory in China.

It's a shame that Sideshow didn't send them all back to China for rectification.

SkyPirate82
08-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Great for you collectors in the states but the rest of the world it's not as good as it sounds with shipping and the TAX. But no blame lies at Jerry's feet but that factory in China.

It's a shame that Sideshow didn't send them all back to China for rectification.

:iagree:

You're absolutely right. Those of us outside of North America will have to pay a small fortune in shipping costs and (possibly) taxes. Although, as the statue is technically being "fixed", the customs forms should be labelled appropriately for return shipping once the statue's been repainted; there's no way anyone should have to pay import tax twice.

I totally applaud Jerry for offering the repainting service but I'm not sure it's worth all the extra expense for non-Amercians. Just comes down to how badly you want a "perfect" Chun Li statue, I suppose; it's not like anyone's being forced to get theirs tweaked.

2expensive
08-19-2012, 12:08 PM
For those who don't understand the business and keep on bashing on the China or oversea companies. This hobby would be way to expensive if the manufactures was done in the United States. Look around and see if there are any major collectible companies who don't do business with China. Example, ARH, PCS and Sideshow. The fact is they all do even the custom collectors are getting their pieces oversea. Got to give the oversea companies some respect. And of course, their will be some winners and looser in this hobby as any other.

Chargersfan57
08-19-2012, 06:06 PM
you're are absolutely, dead-on, wrong
they just replaced the heads like they replace anything that's broken and such but it wasn't that big on an improvement and they stopped making replacement after the first two batches regardless on whether they looked good or not

Well that's a shame. They shouldn't stop until everyone who wanted a replacement was satisfied. And I didn't realize the replacement was crap as well. I just knew they were repainting them for free.

What a waste of everyone's time!

SARPEDON
08-19-2012, 06:34 PM
This is why I am returning both red and blue versions, too expensive and not meeting those of us who want to fix it in the middle. I really get mad about this situation seems as if no one cares about this particular situation

jye318
08-19-2012, 07:32 PM
So many problem with pcs, hopefully sagat will fix them, I think Jerry help us on chun li face is a great move.

chunkster702
08-20-2012, 01:56 AM
Will all the unsold statues be fixed and released? I would be interested to order her now if so.

Or do you have to order a fugged up one and send it to be repainted? If that's the case then, PASS

Comicbookguy
08-20-2012, 04:32 AM
For those who don't understand the business and keep on bashing on the China or oversea companies. This hobby would be way to expensive if the manufactures was done in the United States. Look around and see if there are any major collectible companies who don't do business with China. Example, ARH, PCS and Sideshow. The fact is they all do even the custom collectors are getting their pieces oversea. Got to give the oversea companies some respect. And of course, their will be some winners and looser in this hobby as any other.

The USA workers demand much more money. So in china they are willing to work for 1.00 a day. This also means more profits for USA companies.

Jyester
08-20-2012, 04:56 AM
This is why I am returning both red and blue versions, too expensive and not meeting those of us who want to fix it in the middle. I really get mad about this situation seems as if no one cares about this particular situation

the company offering up a plan to re-paint the statue for free classes as no-one cares for you.. what a strange comment ???

Will all the unsold statues be fixed and released? I would be interested to order her now if so.

No

Or do you have to order a fugged up one and send it to be repainted? If that's the case then, PASS

Yes so I guess you pass then bad choice IMO

GenoToys
08-20-2012, 05:13 AM
:goodpost::iagree: on all of it Jyester....ppl sometimes :doh!:

SARPEDON
08-20-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm saying that it will probably cost me over $100.00 to have this fixed for one let alone two statues. I appalud the idea of fixing the paint issues for free but if the shipping charges are inordinate, how is this a solution for someone in my position where money is very tight?

OuttaSight
08-20-2012, 02:10 PM
The USA workers demand much more money. So in china they are willing to work for 1.00 a day. This also means more profits for USA companies.

Its more like $3-4 hour

OuttaSight
08-20-2012, 02:12 PM

No.

Please refer to the initial post in this thread. We are not 'fixing' the statues. The statues were painted per Capcoms direction.

What we are offering is a different version that is closer to the SDCC version.

Hercules75
08-20-2012, 03:02 PM
I do not agree that the "free" "repainted face" offer is a "great deal"...This is the face that collectors thought they'd get in the first place. Its anything but "free", as customers have to cover the back and forth shipping costs which can add up to well over 100$ for international customers (shipping + customs + freight, applicable taxes, etc...); only to get what they had already paid for and should've gotten in the first place

BornFreeSF
08-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Mine is on its way! :smokin:

marvelboi77
08-20-2012, 04:47 PM
I do not agree that the "free" "repainted face" offer is a "great deal"...This is the face that collectors thought they'd get in the first place. Its anything but "free", as customers have to cover the back and forth shipping costs which can add up to well over 100$ for international customers (shipping + customs + freight, applicable taxes, etc...); only to get what they had already paid for and should've gotten in the first place

So your suggesting that a small business which is what this is, should just eat all the cost and go out of business? At least there is an offer on the table. Much like life you can't make everyone happy. The option is on the table it's just going to cost you money if you want to take that option.

SARPEDON
08-20-2012, 04:57 PM

Just do what I did and return it. I for one will never do business with these people again. It is a total sham and a travesty that we were given the old switch to something that we thought we were getting when we paid for this. I for one believe that if no resolution is found satisfactory then legal matters must ensue.

Hercules75
08-20-2012, 05:07 PM
So your suggesting that a small business which is what this is, should just eat all the cost and go out of business? At least there is an offer on the table. Much like life you can't make everyone happy. The option is on the table it's just going to cost you money if you want to take that option.

The responsibility of customers getting what they paid for ultimately falls on PCS. Capcom did ask for changes to the prototype's face but they did not request that Chun Li get chameleon eyes which is, by far, the main issue with this statue. This product is technically "defective", so its unfair to a ask that the customer pays for the back and forth shipping costs if he wants to have that defect repaired. Paying the shipping costs would be the fair, moral, right thing to do for PCS (despite loss of income) since they ultimately allowed a defective product fall in the hands of collectors. Making the customer pay shipping costs to have his defective product repaired is simply wrong.

GenoToys
08-20-2012, 05:14 PM
SARPEDON
"A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FOOT."

That's what your profile says....lol :hilarious:....small company's like jerry's work really hard to satisfy the customer....I think what he's doing is really cool! You think he's trying to screw you...NO! Something happened that was out of his control...but he's trying to fix the problem the best he can....ppl complain, and nag!!! Seriously...ppl take the offer or leave it.......and move on.

SARPEDON
08-20-2012, 05:26 PM
If it is your desire to act like sheep then do so, I for one do not have to tolerate something that should have been. It is also my right to fight for something that I as a consumer was offered. I am sure that I am not the only one who feels this way. So if you wish to go baaa like a sheep then you go ahead and do so.

SARPEDON
08-20-2012, 05:38 PM
SARPEDON
"A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FOOT."

That's what your profile says....lol :hilarious:....small company's like jerry's work really hard to satisfy the customer....I think what he's doing is really cool! You think he's trying to screw you...NO! Something happened that was out of his control...but he's trying to fix the problem the best he can....ppl complain, and nag!!! Seriously...ppl take the offer or leave it.......and move on.

I might also add that those who agree with this so called solution live near to the area where the "product" is being re-painted so their costs to this is not as high as others.

Ballsagne
08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Just got my blue version today. I actually like it enough to not return it anyway. The eye is a little lazy, but you can angle the piece to make it not really noticeable. I may also prefer the piece without teeth. My biggest concern is actually the potential for the piece to start leaning over time. As for getting it repainted I think Ill wait until some people get theirs back and post pics before I make my decision. I guess Id fall in the vocal minority who think the service should be completely free, we spend hundreds on these things to begin with so we shouldnt have to pay to repair an obvious defect, but since Im only collecting the characters I like (not the entire series) I dont have too big a problem paying a shipping cost if it will make me happier with the piece since its more about a character than it is about a set/resale

dao2
08-20-2012, 07:53 PM
There's a pole in Chun this time iirc unlike Vega to help against leaning.

Ballsagne
08-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Ah thats good to know thanks

jasong888
08-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Jerry- If I send it fedex with a return label would that be acceptable? I get a nice discount, you would just need to apply label and drop it off at a fedex office/kinkos

did this question ever get answered?

Spazzy
08-20-2012, 11:27 PM
nope not yet

premium_substit
08-21-2012, 03:23 AM
Definitely getting in on this. Thanks Jerry. Class act. Will ship it out in the next few weeks.

Grayfox117
08-21-2012, 08:41 AM
On her way !
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/Grayfox117/IMAG0044.jpg

AxeLord
08-21-2012, 12:43 PM
While I do understand that people are pissed about paying back and forth s/h. At least the statue is getting re-painted. And to those that sent an email to SS asking about the eye/ mouth. They were most likely given a partial refund. This covers almost all of the cost of s/h. At the end of the day you're still paying the same amount of money for the re-painted statue.

As for international shipments, I think there is a way to ship the item out as not purchased goods, not sure though.

jye318
08-21-2012, 02:26 PM
I think the worry is not to pay the shipping fee, I am just worry about If it will get damage during the shipping time.
Since there is no time limited for the repaint , I am still waiting to see if anyone sell cheaper on the bay. Hope Jerry will get a date that we won't miss the repaint

Jyester
08-21-2012, 02:36 PM
I think the worry is not to pay the shipping fee, I am just worry about If it will get damage during the shipping time.
Since there is no time limited for the repaint , I am still waiting to see if anyone sell cheaper on the bay. Hope Jerry will get a date that we won't miss the repaint

There was mention of a time limit of 6-8 months and the risk of breakage is the same as with any statue. Just make sure you insure it and then if it breaks you get the money back and can repair the statue. Also with the new styro I have heard no word of breakages so wouldnt be worried on that side.

I wouldn't expect any of the flippers selling on ebay to have the re-paint version on offer only the standard.

OuttaSight
08-21-2012, 06:12 PM
If you want to include a return label thats fine.

charlie
08-22-2012, 12:02 AM
Jerry, would it be possible to drop off my Blue Chun Li statue locally. I drive by CSUN everyday, so it wouldn't make sense to ship it.... Thanks a million for doing this!

Spazzy
08-22-2012, 12:13 AM
If you want to include a return label thats fine.

cool mine is going out tomorrow! Will only be $30 total and I got $35 back from SS so pretty decent deal, a minor inconvenience

OuttaSight
08-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Jerry, would it be possible to drop off my Blue Chun Li statue locally. I drive by CSUN everyday, so it wouldn't make sense to ship it.... Thanks a million for doing this!

Yes but you have to just drop it off at the front door.

Krueger187
08-23-2012, 10:18 PM
Jerry question since all you need is her body thinking
Of not including the base & hands saves on shipping fee and most importantly less Risk of something going wrong during shipping.
It's that ok to ship her with no base & hands ?

w00tw00t
08-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Of not including the base & hands saves on shipping fee and most importantly less Risk of something going wrong during shipping.

im sure its fine. you can strip her naked and send it to jerry and hell paint the eyes for u. the eyes on her heads and not the eyes elsewhere. :jawd:

CustomPaintWork
08-24-2012, 04:54 AM
could we just buy a stock piece directly from you, and have it customized to look like the SDCC version?

wouldnt that save the hassle of shipping it to, and from the customer pays shipping?

mikman42
08-24-2012, 09:10 AM
How about getting the Black Chunners to customers first??

puntapret
08-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Jerry, since shipment for international customer are very expensive, can we just send the body only (without base, hands) ?

Thanks

Spazzy
08-24-2012, 01:23 PM
I thought the base is attached to the figure :confused:

SARFARAZ
08-24-2012, 01:36 PM
No its not attached to the base.

dao2
08-24-2012, 01:45 PM
No, and they haven't been attached for a while and I believe Jerry said at SDCC he wouldn't do it again.

SARFARAZ
08-24-2012, 03:30 PM
That's correct..

Spazzy
08-24-2012, 03:51 PM
been awhile, I just kept moving her by the leg, glad it didn't drop lol

OuttaSight
08-24-2012, 04:43 PM

Well the safest way to ship her is in her styrofoam. You can pull the other pieces out if you want as they do charge by weight.

could we just buy a stock piece directly from you, and have it customized to look like the SDCC version?

wouldnt that save the hassle of shipping it to, and from the customer pays shipping?

I dont have any.

How about getting the Black Chunners to customers first??

Last batch of black Chun Li were shipped on the 20th - everyone should have got an email w tracking numbers.

let us know if you didnt.

Niero
08-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Jerry, my Blue Chun-li was delivered today, Its in the name of Michael Richards! Take good care of her! :)

Krueger187
08-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Thanks Jerry will do makes better sense to ship her
With no base & hands.

rubeng
08-25-2012, 11:33 AM
Since she is still available to buy from sideshow, will those come repainted or would we have to send her off?

SARFARAZ
08-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Since she is still available to buy from sideshow, will those come repainted or would we have to send her off?

Dude the answer to your question is on THIS page...He said he doesn't have any. So you'd have to buy it from sideshow and then send it to Jerry.

rubeng
08-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Dude the answer to your question is on THIS page...He said he doesn't have any. So you'd have to buy it from sideshow and then send it to Jerry.

Oops, I meant to post it up yesterday so I logged on and just posted without reading.

Submissive421
09-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Since this is a custom repaint. Is there anyway to get a slightly different eye color decals? I just don't like the reddish brown line around the iris.

I have a blue coming in soon and was wondering if we had a different option or the original SDCC 2011 is what we'll be getting.

OuttaSight
09-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Since this is a custom repaint. Is there anyway to get a slightly different eye color decals? I just don't like the reddish brown line around the iris.

I have a blue coming in soon and was wondering if we had a different option or the original SDCC 2011 is what we'll be getting.

Unfortunately we cant make that kind of a change. Its a bit of an assembly line and if we offer to change one persons eye color then we open the door to everyone wanting a total custom paint job.

dutch1987
09-11-2012, 01:19 AM
I m getting Chun Li from Corner Store Comics, they said they will be able to ship at PCS for repaint. I just wanted to know how much exact time will take for repaint also after repaint I will be getting it from PCS directly shipped to my address or it will be shipped to CSC & then to me? Is corner store near from PCS?

Spazzy
09-11-2012, 01:23 AM
I think Jerry said on the annoucement that it takes 4-6 weeks

Atheris
09-11-2012, 01:26 AM

Just do what I did and return it. I for one will never do business with these people again. It is a total sham and a travesty that we were given the old switch to something that we thought we were getting when we paid for this. I for one believe that if no resolution is found satisfactory then legal matters must ensue.

Ungreatful...

Do you honestly think if Jerry could have avoided issues he would have?

The milk has been spilt and he's offering a solution to help the collector instead of doing nothing. What would you have done in his place?

Honestly people http://www.aederban.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/slap.jpg

Chris

MACHINEMAN
09-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Ungreatful...

Do you honestly think if Jerry could have avoided issues he would have?

The milk has been spilt and he's offering a solution to help the collector instead of doing nothing. What would you have done in his place?

Honestly people http://www.aederban.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/slap.jpg

Chris

To those of you who may have known Sarpedon, you would know he was not a bad person, in fact he was the nicest guy I knew. He was waiting so long for this piece to come out before his demise. The situation with the paint issues were agonizing to him he really wanted to see the completion of this statue for along time. When it finally came out, he was disappointed with the paint job since he had waitied so long knowing his time was short. I remember when it was solicited he was excited with this statue. I will have the statue repainted and have it placed with his final resting place. So to all of you who had bashed on him to hell with you. I for one will share his disappointment till it is my time as well.

BornFreeSF
09-11-2012, 03:07 PM
To those of you who may have known Sarpedon, you would know he was not a bad person, in fact he was the nicest guy I knew. He was waiting so long for this piece to come out before his demise. The situation with the paint issues were agonizing to him he really wanted to see the completion of this statue for along time. When it finally came out, he was disappointed with the paint job since he had waitied so long knowing his time was short. I remember when it was solicited he was excited with this statue. I will have the statue repainted and have it placed with his final resting place. So to all of you who had bashed on him to hell with you. I for one will share his disappointment till it is my time as well.

It's difficult on forums to really know anyone. There's just a screen name and most don't use their real name or profile pic.

People bash each other all the time. We are all passionate and often disagree with each other. This is a place of opinions.
But we know little of each others lives.

Is there a thread dedicated to your friend where we can find out more in regards to his story and his life?
Or could you tell us?

I'm sorry to hear the news of your friend. You have my deepest condolences.

Submissive421
09-11-2012, 03:19 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about Sarpedon

Jyester
09-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Well pour some out for Sarpedon that's a sad story indeed

Andrew
09-11-2012, 08:09 PM

I gotta call B.S. on this claim of your "friend" passing away. Gonna put the repainted statue near his final resting place, huh? Sure, guy. Just like you're gonna share in his disappointment in how this statue came out until the day you die. Wow, at least you have passion for the statue. Nobody can deny that, based on your above post. :thumbs2:

xxtonezxx
09-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Hi PCS. Will you guys be repainting ONLY ones that have been sold and sent out? What if I decide to buy a Chun Li directly from Sideshow? Will those be repainted also or should I expect the same paint mishap then have to send it out?

Joppula
09-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Hi PCS. Will you guys be repainting ONLY ones that have been sold and sent out? What if I decide to buy a Chun Li directly from Sideshow? Will those be repainted also or should I expect the same paint mishap then have to send it out?

I know you guys are getting tired from this lol. So I'll field this one.

Any Chun Li purchased at retail will have the Paint defects. Otherwise known as "Capcom's requested changes" + a lazy eye:banghead:

Jerry is providing a "customization" to make Chun look like her SDCC 2011 appearance.

So, in short, unless you've sent your Chun to Jerry it'll have a less than savory look on its mug.

Hope that helps.

MACHINEMAN
09-11-2012, 11:28 PM
I gotta call B.S. on this claim of your "friend" passing away. Gonna put the repainted statue near his final resting place, huh? Sure, guy. Just like you're gonna share in his disappointment in how this statue came out until the day you die. Wow, at least you have passion for the statue. Nobody can deny that, based on your above post. :thumbs2:

To you Andrew, you can piss off. The man did not realize he had cancer until it was too late. Never knew he had it until he passed out one day and went to the hospital where the scan revealed a brain tumor. To all the others who were more compassionate I thank you. May you never live thru something like this.

Andrew
09-12-2012, 12:51 AM
To you Andrew, you can piss off. The man did not realize he had cancer until it was too late. Never knew he had it until he passed out one day and went to the hospital where the scan revealed a brain tumor. To all the others who were more compassionate I thank you. May you never live thru something like this.

Actually, my bet is that you are both MACHINEMAN and SARPEDON. Not many people on this forum create usernames with all caps. Some do, but most do not.

SARPEDON makes a post on 08/12/07 and doesn't post again for 5 years. 07/12/12 SARPEDON comes out of no where to post again in the Chun Li thread just days after you (MACHINEMAN) get banned for a series of angry and insulting posts in the same Chun Li thread. Your last post (http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4344375&postcount=4907)before you were banned was 07/07/12 and days later SARPEDON makes a surprise return after a 5 year vacation from the forum. You're both angry about how Chun Li turned out and the last couple of posts by SARPEDON talk about pursing legal matters (http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4391627&postcount=56)against PCSC for the way the statue was. Really?

You're telling me that your "friend" (SARPEDON) spent the last few weeks of his life agonizing over a statue and was more concerned about returning the statue and taking PCSC to court than he was about the fact that his life could be measured in days?

Why don't YOU piss off and STFU! There's a real board member here on this forum who just found out his cancer came back (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=131297)and probably won't live through it this time and here you are making up stories. :thumbsdow

Atheris
09-12-2012, 01:38 AM
Actually, my bet is that you are both MACHINEMAN and SARPEDON. Not many people on this forum create usernames with all caps. Some do, but most do not.

SARPEDON makes a post on 08/12/07 and doesn't post again for 5 years. 07/12/12 SARPEDON comes out of no where to post again in the Chun Li thread just days after you (MACHINEMAN) get banned for a series of angry and insulting posts in the same Chun Li thread. Your last post (http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4344375&postcount=4907)before you were banned was 07/07/12 and days later SARPEDON makes a surprise return after a 5 year vacation from the forum. You're both angry about how Chun Li turned out and the last couple of posts by SARPEDON talk about pursing legal matters (http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4391627&postcount=56)against PCSC for the way the statue was. Really?

You're telling me that your "friend" (SARPEDON) spent the last few weeks of his life agonizing over a statue and was more concerned about returning the statue and taking PCSC to court than he was about the fact that his life could be measured in days?

Why don't YOU piss off and STFU! There's a real board member here on this forum who just found out his cancer came back (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=131297)and probably won't live through it this time and here you are making up stories. :thumbsdow

:thumbs2:

Was thinking the same thing before you posted. Guess I don't have to post it anymore.

I love this hobby, but in my last moments I'm not going to be worrying about a repaint on a freaken statue.

Mods should cross check IP's, if you are the same guy making up this BS story you should be banned for life for coming up with THAT story.

Sorry to derail this thread, but I wanted to get my piece in.

Chris

Joppula
09-12-2012, 02:57 AM

OMG! Andrew, other than the last part about the forum member that found out they had recurring cancer, (that is terrible) this is the single FUNNIEST call out I've ever read!

Very hilarious detective work lol.:eek:

Kadmos777
09-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Sorry but it really is the topic.

I started collecting about a year ago just when the doctor told me my father didn't have but only 5-6 months. Don't really know but I think it played a relief role, and still does.

It is a very serious matter and I wish nobody ever get involved one way or another. This is not something to debate about in any way because it definitely brings pain memories to other people. Just think about it whenever you are about to post.
Man it is serious.
Some people are here just to have the opportunity to distract their mind of various issues or problems. So lets discuss about Chun -li and Ryu and Sagat and leave the other issues to be dealt the proper way by the people who are really involved in them...for whom I really wish the best.

So Chun-li rocks. She is the first playable female character in a fighting game isn't her?
The statue also rocks! No matter lazy eyes or not!

Rocket
09-12-2012, 03:43 AM
After getting multiple PM complaints about you yet AGAIN Machineman I did a little detective work of my own. It seems Andrew was bang on the money as Sarpedon and yourself use the same ip address.... To create a fake user (by the way I found your THIRD fake user also and that one is also all CAPS) post with that handle while you were banned and then claim he died of cancer once your ban is over, well that's gotta be the lowest thing I've ever seen done here at SF and believe me I've seen A LOT. To do this while another, VALUED member of SF is battling cancer and we all feel powerless to help, well that's just disgusting. Consider yourself perma banned and it's now my daily mission to search your known ips and catch every single time you try to sneak back in. Any of you guys ever suspect this guy of posting under a new alias, please let me know.

Kadmos777
09-12-2012, 03:52 AM
After getting multiple PM complaints about you yet AGAIN Machineman I did a little detective work of my own. It seems Andrew was bang on the money as Sarpedon and yourself use the same ip address.... To create a fake user (by the way I found your THIRD fake user also and that one is also all CAPS) post with that handle while you were banned and then claim he died of cancer once your ban is over, well that's gotta be the lowest thing I've ever seen done here at SF and believe me I've seen A LOT. To do this while another, VALUED member of SF is battling cancer and we all feel powerless to help, well that's just disgusting. Consider yourself perma banned and it's now my daily mission to search your known ips and catch every single time you try to sneak back in. Any of you guys ever suspect this guy of posting under a new alias, please let me know.

This is so sad. I feel really sad about him not angry and you are true: this is the lowest point.

Spazzy
09-12-2012, 04:20 AM
what a d*ckhead
http://imageshack.us/a/img651/8807/33yusw44837swq.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/33yusw44837swq.gif/)

I was feeling sorry when reading the story, then he said he is going to bury the repainted chun li with hi, I scoffed, that sounded very made up.

SARFARAZ
09-12-2012, 04:26 AM
Wow can't believe someone would stoop so low like that. Disgusting. By the way I use all caps but I promise you I'm not him! LoL

wvg9250
09-12-2012, 04:41 AM
One would think he's not stupid enough to create another name with caps. What an A hole!

Grayfox117
09-12-2012, 08:25 AM

If I ever need a Private Investigator . I'm gonna hire you Andrew !:D

BornFreeSF
09-12-2012, 08:42 AM

Thanks Rocket. I'll put up with a lot but, as you say, some things you just don't joke/lie about. What a crazy 24 hrs for fake usernames!

SkyPirate82
09-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Honestly, what is up with all the trolls in this section lately? When they're not lying about "friends" passing away they're talking about having tigers stuck up their butts. Good riddance to all of them.

BornFreeSF
09-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Honestly, what is up with all the trolls in this section lately? When they're not lying about "friends" passing away they're talking about having tigers stuck up their butts. Good riddance to all of them.

Yeah those two from yesterday were interesting. I thought they were the same but MONSTER referred to them as clowns and I noticed one was using English terminology and the other US. Even though they appeared to have the same sense of humour and inability to spell.

It's been bugging me but I have this faded memory that Krueger was not the only person to joke about the words "Tiger up ya butt". I think there was someone else....

SkyPirate82
09-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Yeah those two from yesterday were interesting. I thought they were the same but MONSTER referred to them as clowns and I noticed one was using English terminology and the other US. Even though they appeared to have the same sense of humour and inability to spell.

It's been bugging me but I have this faded memory that Krueger was not the only person to joke about the words "Tiger up ya butt". I think there was someone else....

I really hope there wasn't. I do recall someone cracking a "Tiger RoboCop" gag now that I think about it, though. (And, no, it wasn't me. :laugh: )

BornFreeSF
09-12-2012, 10:16 AM
I really hope there wasn't. I do recall someone cracking a "Tiger RoboCop" gag now that I think about it, though. (And, no, it wasn't me. :laugh: )

Pretty sure the Tigerupyubutt account was created to moan about the "revisits". It's someone English, with a terrible sense of humour, who owns or did own a Shin, and has trouble with spelling and grammar.

So it's SAF. Just kidding hahahahhahaha. Can't wait til he reads this hahahahha :D

I'm serious about the first bit though!

d.clifton
09-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Wow, I joined this great site about 4 years ago, was lurking in the shadows for some time before joining. I decided to post my work because I seen people with common interests politely critiquing others work, so I decided to get some critiques as well. for the most part all have been great so it's probably my favorite place to kill time, post my work etc. I'm impressed with the mods here, you all do a great job of pulling the weeds. So hats off to you guys here on SF the internet is actually useful!

Bornfree I applaud your efforts. You are quite the foot soldier out there spreading the word on the great stuff jerry and co are doing. Watched your interview on event hubs and had a "fan-gasm" from all the great stuff pcs is up to. If I had the money I'd buy em all, but got my sagat preordered so that's my first pcs piece. Although I have every thing sota put out before jerry sold it so I have a little ground to stand on! Lol!

BornFreeSF
09-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Wow, I joined this great site about 4 years ago, was lurking in the shadows for some time before joining. I decided to post my work because I seen people with common interests politely critiquing others work, so I decided to get some critiques as well. for the most part all have been great so it's probably my favorite place to kill time, post my work etc. I'm impressed with the mods here, you all do a great job of pulling the weeds. So hats off to you guys here on SF the internet is actually useful!

Bornfree I applaud your efforts. You are quite the foot soldier out there spreading the word on the great stuff jerry and co are doing. Watched your interview on event hubs and had a "fan-gasm" from all the great stuff pcs is up to. If I had the money I'd buy em all, but got my sagat preordered so that's my first pcs piece. Although I have every thing sota put out before jerry sold it so I have a little ground to stand on! Lol!

Thanks! Honestly I really enjoy making videos so it benefits me as well :)

Another selfish reason is simple. The more demand for PCS Street Fighter created the more likely we will be to see an increase in production speed (and quantity of characters). That's my thinking anyway.

Congrats on the Sagat. That's one hell of a statue!

SARFARAZ
09-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Pretty sure the Tigerupyubutt account was created to moan about the "revisits". It's someone English, with a terrible sense of humour, who owns or did own a Shin, and has trouble with spelling and grammar.

So it's SAF. Just kidding hahahahhahaha. Can't wait til he reads this hahahahha :D

I'm serious about the first bit though!

Hahahaha hahahaha "walks away backwards, slowly" hahahahaha.....

Luminous
09-13-2012, 12:13 AM
I am both disgusted and extremely amused at what has transpired in this thread during the last few pages. :soapb: :laugh:

Andrew, that was an amazing bit of detective work, 'ol chap. Mr. Holmes would be proud.

And to Rocket, an epic display of power, authority and retribution. Nice work, fellas. :thumbs2:

manboy
09-13-2012, 12:30 AM
This thread contains one of the most fail exchanges I've yet to see on these forums. What a colossal dope. Good job catching him.

Rocket
09-13-2012, 02:56 AM
;)

StatueHunter75
09-17-2012, 09:26 PM
I'm still waiting to hear back from Jerry on my two Chunners. I sent the blue and the red and they both say delivered so I hope it was Jerry that got them and not some neighbor. LOL. Jerry please PM if you got them thanks.

AxeLord
09-18-2012, 12:32 PM
That was an interesting read even though it was OT, pretty low.

I will be dragging my statues to the PO soon.

OuttaSight
09-18-2012, 10:03 PM
The first 20 pcs have been repainted and will ship back this week.

Im kind of sick so moving slowly right now...

testsubject25
09-18-2012, 10:15 PM
wow... just wow... popcorn gif doesn't even begin to say it... :laugh:

Spazzy
09-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Hoping mine is in the first batch it was received aug 30th. Looking forward to getting her back!

XMAN
09-19-2012, 01:06 AM
The first 20 pcs have been repainted and will ship back this week.

Im kind of sick so moving slowly right now...

Hope you feel better.....will be shipping mine before this week is over.:thumbs2:

XMAN
09-21-2012, 05:19 AM
On the way.......

OuttaSight
09-21-2012, 05:29 PM
We are getting some Chun Li's in without proper instructions inside.

We need each collectors email address so we can contact when the piece is ready and we can give you instructions to paypal shipping charges.

So if you think maybe you forgot to include that info please email to pcstoys@aol.com

jye318
09-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Hi jerry, can we use USPS? If so how we can pay the return shipping ? PayPal you ? Please advise .

OuttaSight
09-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Hi jerry, can we use USPS? If so how we can pay the return shipping ? PayPal you ? Please advise .

yes and yes

Grayfox117
09-25-2012, 08:24 AM
I got my tracking number . My Chun Li will be back home this Fri :DJsmile:

Punchy
09-25-2012, 12:37 PM
I got my notice too. She should be back today!

BornFreeSF
09-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Me too. Woop woop!

OuttaSight
09-25-2012, 09:13 PM
We have officially caught up with all the pieces that have been sent in.

Tomorrow Ill start arranging shipping for the next batch.

Going faster than i expected.

joebad
09-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Got my Chun Li back today, looks great. Thanks Jerry!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g26/joebad/photo-4-1.jpg

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g26/joebad/photo-3-1.jpg

Ricky Bobby
09-25-2012, 11:26 PM
Congrats Joebad...the fix up by Jerry and his staff has made her gorgeous again

Joppula
09-26-2012, 12:00 AM
That statue looks so amazing with the proper facial paint.

Congrats.

Submissive421
09-26-2012, 03:36 PM
:happybirt

She has been reborn again!!! And got rid of her ugly twin sister, Eww-Li

gagaliya
09-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Got my Chun Li back today, looks great. Thanks Jerry!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g26/joebad/photo-4-1.jpg

eyes still look quite googly in that photo, mouth looks good.

XMAN
09-27-2012, 01:06 AM
Mine will arrive at your place tomorrow Jerry....09/27:)

derekrodneysim
09-27-2012, 07:36 AM
Way to go, Jerry. Customer Service at it's finest :thumbs2:

Grayfox117
09-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Thank you Jerry and Co !
Chun Li is back home with her fellow warriors :smokin:

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/Grayfox117/IMAG0065.jpg

Ricky Bobby
09-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Looking good Grayfox....congrats

Grayfox117
09-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Looking good Grayfox....congrats

No, Chun Li is looking gooooood:p

BornFreeSF
09-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Baby's home :)

Vega's are pissed. She prettier than them now.

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh515/msc1976ebay/Chun.jpg

Edgley
09-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Wow, she's looking really good.
Mark, CONGRATS!

Ricky Bobby
09-28-2012, 06:26 PM
No, Chun Li is looking gooooood:p

You got me...:laugh:

Ricky Bobby
09-28-2012, 06:28 PM

Congrats Mark...Chunners is lookin sweet,and those Vega's look like they want a piece of her..:laugh:

DRAGONTHEBOMB
09-29-2012, 04:38 AM
LOL BornFreeSF they do look pissed...they hatin :P

jye318
09-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Oh I love it

Smooth Criminal
09-29-2012, 08:51 PM
man cant decide to get exclusive or blue any suggestions guys?

Ricky Bobby
09-29-2012, 10:39 PM

Does one stand out more to you than the other...i like the Blue one a little more than the Red

Grayfox117
09-29-2012, 11:12 PM

Whichever one you decide on, I would do it soon so you can send her to Jerry and have her face redone. He said it was only for a limited time.

Smooth Criminal
09-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Whichever one you decide on, I would do it soon so you can send her to Jerry and have her face redone. He said it was only for a limited time.

Yea i asked through email on pops site they said there offering the service until next summer!

XMAN
09-30-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm not rushing anyone....but I'm curious how long of a wait from receipt of the statue to the emailing that it's ready is?

BornFreeSF
09-30-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm not rushing anyone....but I'm curious how long of a wait from receipt of the statue to the emailing that it's ready is?

Jerry told me he does them in batches of 20 (or something like that).

So it depends when he gets to a total 20 delivered I guess.

GenoToys
09-30-2012, 10:03 PM

Go with Reg...Blue is just Classic!

Grayfox117
10-01-2012, 10:17 AM

From the time he received mine to the time it was sent back out was at least 4 weeks maybe 5

XMAN
10-01-2012, 10:10 PM
From the time he received mine to the time it was sent back out was at least 4 weeks maybe 5

Thanks......

jasong888
10-04-2012, 03:08 PM
http://img209.imagevenue.com/loc493/th_377018621_20121004_115834_122_493lo.jpg (http://img209.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=377018621_20121004_115834_122_493lo.jpg) http://img175.imagevenue.com/loc29/th_377029994_20121004_115950_122_29lo.jpg (http://img175.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=377029994_20121004_115950_122_29lo.jpg) http://img248.imagevenue.com/loc446/th_377036935_20121004_120224_122_446lo.jpg (http://img248.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=377036935_20121004_120224_122_446lo.jpg)
http://img240.imagevenue.com/loc103/th_377046534_20121004_120238_122_103lo.jpg (http://img240.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=377046534_20121004_120238_122_103lo.jpg) http://img102.imagevenue.com/loc228/th_377053761_20121004_120316_122_228lo.jpg (http://img102.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=377053761_20121004_120316_122_228lo.jpg)

Just got my repainted blue chunners today. Looks great! So much better than what sideshow originally sent. Thanks Jerry!

DRAGONTHEBOMB
10-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Sweet she looks awesome now :)

StatueHunter75
10-05-2012, 12:37 AM
So glad I had both my blue and red ones fixed! It looks so much better!!

BornFreeSF
10-05-2012, 10:45 PM
My Chun-Li repainted:

http://tinyurl.com/9sdlgug

Submissive421
10-06-2012, 09:20 PM
I would like to see a custom done by Vince. I believe I saw one so far. Anybody else repaint theirs themselves?

Drakull
10-07-2012, 04:02 PM
This post is a big joke, capcom requested a ugly face ? You'r kidding right ? And what about internationnal buyer ? shipping will be almost 130 euros

Anyway I 've stopped this line since chun li release, no more pre order

jasong888
10-08-2012, 01:33 AM
This post is a big joke, capcom requested a ugly face ? You'r kidding right ? And what about internationnal buyer ? shipping will be almost 130 euros

Anyway I 've stopped this line since chun li release, no more pre order

i would agree with you in the sense that capcom really dropped the ball on this pf with the change to the face, but i commend jerry in trying his best to fix the situation. this alone should show how much he really cares for us fans.

puntapret
10-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Anyone can explain which areas were being repainted by PCS ? I think it's not just the eyes.

Thank you guys

StatueHunter75
10-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Here's a video of my 3 new Chun Li's all with beautiful eyes and smiles!!! :) Thanks Jerry! You're the man!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzlHoiI0aTg

Edgley
10-10-2012, 12:26 AM
Here's a video of my 3 new Chun Li's all with beautiful eyes and smiles!!! :) Thanks Jerry! You're the man!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzlHoiI0aTg

Wow ... the three Chunners, they look absolutely gorgeous all together!
Pretty cool vid!

Hibiki
11-09-2012, 10:05 PM
What paypal option are you guys using to pay the shipping? item/service or friend/family

XMAN
11-10-2012, 12:15 PM
What paypal option are you guys using to pay the shipping? item/service or friend/family

Service......

XMAN
11-21-2012, 05:13 PM
I just recieved my chun Li back .....beautiful.
Thank you Jerry........

AllThatExist666
11-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Same here just received my classic blue
Chun li what a big diffrence now with the
Straight eyes & teeth being added.
She"s Beautiful thanks Jerry

chaggs1
11-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Same here just received my classic blue
Chun li what a big diffrence now with the
Straight eyes & teeth being added.
She"s Beautiful thanks Jerry

Pictures dude

chunkster702
11-22-2012, 08:06 PM
My Chun-Li repainted:

http://tinyurl.com/9sdlgug

Really enjoyed your video. I'll check out the rest later.

BornFreeSF
11-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Really enjoyed your video. I'll check out the rest later.

Thanks! I enjoyed making it!

jye318
12-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Stupid question here: Guys do you guys sent the whole thing include body,hands and base? Or just the body?

testsubject25
12-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Stupid question here: Guys do you guys sent the whole thing include body,hands and base? Or just the body?

Not sure, but I just purchased one online and had it mailed to PCS, once Jerry said that was okay in the other thread.

XMAN
12-11-2012, 09:28 PM

I only sent the body......

jye318
12-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Great, I thought about just sent the body since he doesn't need any parts. Thanks for answering !

Grayfox117
12-11-2012, 10:53 PM
I kept her hands and COA, I figured they might put her on the base to paint her

SideShowJoe
12-12-2012, 04:13 AM
I have one I'm going to send as well, but not happy I have to pay for shipping but atleast Jerry is nice enough to fix them for us!!

Spazzy
12-12-2012, 06:56 AM
to me it was well worth it, I wish we didn't have to go through the process, but glad I don't have the face that was originally sitting on my shelf.

Klear Knives
12-12-2012, 02:06 PM
What exactly is the paint job for? Her eyes right or something about making her look like a previous version? I want to get one but don't know if I should get blue or try for a black.

Comicbookguy
12-12-2012, 02:26 PM
to me it was well worth it, I wish we didn't have to go through the process, but glad I don't have the face that was originally sitting on my shelf.

Yes you got that right. I way it came was so bad with the eyes. I tried my best to leave it alone but it just bother me soo much. I'm glad Jerry can fix her up.

gagaliya
12-12-2012, 05:29 PM

you could just fixed this yourself, probably with your eyes closed too :D

-------------

i sent in both the body & base, somehow the peg will only go into the base half way on mine, i put it on the note hopefully jerry & team can fix that for me as well.

jerry gets mad props in my book for doing this and making it right by his customers.

jye318
12-12-2012, 06:17 PM
I am very happy Jerry can do this offer, if is sideshow they don't give damn.

Spazzy
12-13-2012, 12:32 AM
you could just fixed this yourself, probably with your eyes closed too :D

-------------

i sent in both the body & base, somehow the peg will only go into the base half way on mine, i put it on the note hopefully jerry & team can fix that for me as well.

jerry gets mad props in my book for doing this and making it right by his customers.

Yeah true but I wanted it to match the original plus shipping was less than $30 so it was worth it.

Jyester
12-13-2012, 07:18 AM
What exactly is the paint job for? Her eyes right or something about making her look like a previous version? I want to get one but don't know if I should get blue or try for a black.

Theres a million pages on this previous but to cut a long story short the factory made a hash of the paint job and she looks cross eyed and a bit rough around the edges facially.

Additionally the eye make up was over done on the final version and at the last minute the whites of the teeth were painted over (this looks last minute too).

If you send it to Jerry the below changes will be made to make her look like the original pretty protoype ....

Eyes will be re-aligned
Lower eye make up will be removed
Whites of the teeth will be painted back in

If you live in the states this is a no brainer as the custom paint changes make a huge difference to the aesthetic look of the statue. For International buyers it's a little more challenging

Klear Knives
12-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks jyester. Read it had something to do with eyes but not the teeth and makeup. I agree it is a no brained for state side people.

gagaliya
01-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Hi, has anyone who sent in chunli recently got an email back from pcs about the next paint schedule? I sent in mine at beginning of december and havent heard anything back yet, just wondering. Thanks

chosenone
01-07-2013, 06:19 PM
i sent mine a couple of weeks ago and havent received anything

Submissive421
01-07-2013, 07:29 PM
I sent one to. But Jerry isn't even in America at the moment. He went to China for business. So it's going to take longer for us to get her back or an answer

chunkster702
01-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Sent mine in early dec. Was notified it was finished jan1 but i havent gotten it back yet.

XMAN
01-07-2013, 08:20 PM
He'll get back to you......took mine 6 weeks.

Joppula
01-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Mine arrived in late November. I haven't heard anything yet.

Hopefully I'm in the same batch with you guys.

We just have to be patient because it was the holiday season.

But if anyone was planning to inquire about status, what email would you guys recommend?

(Not that I'm going to inquire lol)

Titanchuck
01-07-2013, 09:45 PM
This is mine I forgot to post it http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt145/TitanChuck/96FB3440-55E1-4901-8895-6920D6BC64CB-149-00000007620A4F2B-1.jpg

chunkster702
01-07-2013, 11:24 PM
Thank you Jerry and Co !
Chun Li is back home with her fellow warriors :smokin:

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/Grayfox117/IMAG0065.jpg

Man, I hope mine turns out like yours!

When I get mine I'll do a before and after.

gagaliya
01-07-2013, 11:28 PM
This is mine I forgot to post it http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt145/TitanChuck/96FB3440-55E1-4901-8895-6920D6BC64CB-149-00000007620A4F2B-1.jpg

:itsb:

s_paulik87
01-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Is that just your camera, cuz that still looks pretty off to me

Titanchuck
01-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Is that just your camera, cuz that still looks pretty off to me

Does it?? Just got it from Jerry a week ago but forgot to post it here for approval being I don't know what a messed up one looked like, do you saying they didn't fix it?

Joppula
01-08-2013, 12:58 AM
No man, it's fixed. And it looks great.

But your camera and that flash aren't doing the statue any favors. It's doing a 'fisheye' with the face.

I'd back up at least two or three inches. Maybe some natural light, or at least better lighting.

People used to do that with the Ken PF all the time. I'm convinced that's why ppl think his face is ugly (horrible photos).

Anyway, congrats on your Chun Li! Can't wait to get mine back.

Please feel free to post more pics. I'd like to see more.

s_paulik87
01-08-2013, 01:01 AM
no, it's fixed Titan and looks way better than the original, but yeah back the camera up and get some natural light. In your pic it looks like the under eye skin is painted a completely different color and is all blotchy or something, and the camera not focusing on her eyes make it look like the paint on the pupils is sloppy when it probably isn't.

Titanchuck
01-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Okay thanks bros you scared me for a sec, it's my first street fighter statue and I love it so I was hoping it wasn't a mix up pop culture shock kicks a$$
Lol!!

Comicbookguy
01-08-2013, 01:45 AM
:itsb:
Titan
Try taking another pic not so close. I was wondering on the eyes angle as well. It should be good, I think the smaller pic will show it much better.

Comicbookguy
01-08-2013, 01:48 AM
Man, I hope mine turns out like yours!

When I get mine I'll do a before and after.

Wow this one is so freaking perfect. Look at the face how perfectly it lines up with both eyes. Simply stunning. Btw when is the last day to get this done?

Jyester
01-29-2013, 07:32 AM
Anyone looking for a Blue Chun-Li custom re-painted by Jerry and based in Europe chuck me a quick message as I have one available.

Konahi
05-29-2013, 02:10 AM
I can't access the info on the new website. Where do I send my Chun Li to get Repainted?

Comicbookguy
05-29-2013, 04:09 AM
I can't access the info on the new website. Where do I send my Chun Li to get Repainted?

I need both mine repainted as well. I email Jerry here but his box is full.

redhulk27
05-29-2013, 09:44 PM
I need both mine repainted as well. I email Jerry here but his box is full.
Direct Quote from Jerry..
He said he can't check PMs anymore. Theres just too many and most are 'are you going to make...' questions which I just don't have time to answer.

If its about an order, send your inquiry to AudreyP@pcstoy.com or , if it really needs to go to me send to jerrym@pcstoy.com

BarrelCannon
05-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the info red hulk

redhulk27
05-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the info red hulk

Your welcome :thumbs2:

Comicbookguy
05-30-2013, 01:30 AM
Direct Quote from Jerry..
He said he can't check PMs anymore. Theres just too many and most are 'are you going to make...' questions which I just don't have time to answer.

If its about an order, send your inquiry to AudreyP@pcstoy.com or , if it really needs to go to me send to jerrym@pcstoy.com

Wow thanks bro! So helpful!!

redhulk27
05-30-2013, 02:25 AM
Wow thanks bro! So helpful!!

Your Welcome bro!:D

Joppula
05-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Here's what you have to do.

Take the COA and the Hands out of your box. No need to send those (they could break or get damaged).

Send the base. It goes on the base to dry (So I was told).

Put a paper in the box. It should have:

* Your Name
* Return Shipping Address
* Phone number
* Email Address

* Thank you note? Lol.

Mail it to the address he provided you. You'll be contacted for a return shipping payment when the job is complete.

Free advice: Be patient. The job took a Sh!t load of time for me. It was over a holiday, but still.

It takes a bunch of time. But it's well worth it.

Good luck. (Hopefully this post will also find Comicbookguy)

amalak
07-12-2013, 03:18 AM
Does anyone have the address for where we need to send our Chun-li's in?

Grayfox117
07-12-2013, 08:32 AM
Does anyone have the address for where we need to send our Chun-li's in?

I think that ship has sailed. You need to email PCS and ask Jerry if he still doing that.

amalak
07-12-2013, 02:45 PM
I did and was told they still were, but I wasn't given an address to mail it into

Grayfox117
07-12-2013, 03:32 PM
I did and was told they still were, but I wasn't given an address to mail it into

I tried looking on my PayPal account but it only shows his email address. Your going to have to get it from PCS sorry.

vinnnie
07-12-2013, 04:17 PM
I asked Jerry in the 'The official ask Popcultureshock thread' (a couple of weeks ago I think).

His answer:

'The address is 21822 Lassen St Unit F Chatsworth Ca 91311. Do not ask for signature delivery as we are often not there and its a hassle to go pick it up.'

See http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=4600833#post4600833

On the first of july 2013 Audrey has confirmed the arrival of my Chun Li. Waiting patiently now =)

Ricky Bobby
07-12-2013, 04:54 PM

I gave you the address yesterday :thinking:

amalak
07-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Just double checking haha

The no sig requirement made me worry

Ricky Bobby
07-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Its all good Kyle,you know I am just messin with you :tongue:

MonsterBalls
12-25-2013, 02:41 AM
is this still happening I just bought one now.

El Pulento
12-25-2013, 02:49 AM
is this still happening I just bought one now.

someone posted that it was until
may / june 2013

Jyester
12-25-2013, 04:34 AM
No it is no longer on offer I hope you got a pretty one

Comicbookguy
12-25-2013, 04:44 AM
I still wanted to get both of mine painted. But I got both ugly ones :(

vinnnie
12-25-2013, 05:19 AM
I got it in time and still waiting for her. According to Audrey she was shipped last week friday. Can't wait to finally get her (been over 6 months now).

Drakull
12-25-2013, 06:02 AM
I got it in time and still waiting for her. According to Audrey she was shipped last week friday. Can't wait to finally get her (been over 6 months now).

Very happy for you

6 months + shipping cost twice...that s why I didn't ship her.... I were very closed to stop the line after chun li released..:(

vinnnie
12-25-2013, 06:06 AM
Very happy for you

6 months + shipping cost twice...that s why I didn't ship her.... I were very closed to stop the line after chun li released..:(

I bought her from Secret Compass (in the US) on ebay. I asked them to send it directly to Jerry/PCS which they did. So shipping was very low (about $20 if I remember). Audrey/Jerry emailed me I didnt have to pay for shipping (from US to The Netherlands), probably because it has been a long time. They rock :thumbs2: Probably have to pay customs though :(

Drakull
12-25-2013, 06:30 AM
I bought her from Secret Compass (in the US) on ebay. I asked them to send it directly to Jerry/PCS which they did. So shipping was very low (about $20 if I remember). Audrey/Jerry emailed me I didnt have to pay for shipping (from US to The Netherlands), probably because it has been a long time. They rock :thumbs2: Probably have to pay customs though :(

OK thank you for explanations, customs are normal because you bought it directly in the US

post some pics when you got it :)

vinnnie
12-25-2013, 08:00 AM
OK thank you for explanations, customs are normal because you bought it directly in the US

post some pics when you got it :)

Yeah have to pay customs in any case eventually. Will post pics when she's here.

Jyester
12-25-2013, 10:54 AM

Yip that's how I done it and was the key to avoiding shipping them across the water multiple times

Kitsune
01-03-2014, 03:05 AM
Still doing the paint job?......

Jyester
01-03-2014, 05:23 AM
Still doing the paint job?......

nope

vinnnie
01-16-2014, 02:38 PM
Yay, she's finally here after six months (bought it on ebay from Secret Compass six months ago and they send it straight to PCS for me). I didnt had to pay for shipping (from PCS to The Netherlands) and luckily no customs! So I got her pretty cheap :)

http://oi39.tinypic.com/250qiix.jpg

Grayfox117
01-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Congrats ! That's awesome:thumbs2: She looks the way she was meant to be from the get go.

vinnnie
01-16-2014, 03:07 PM
Congrats ! That's awesome:thumbs2: She looks the way she was meant to be from the get go.

Thanks Gray, very happy with it and indeed, she should have been painted like this from the start. Silly Capcom. Cant wait for Sagat next week, slowly getting there with this line, all I need after that is Zangief (reg.) and M.Bison (reg.)!

shin3000
01-16-2014, 11:07 PM
wow Jerry is so nice! he covered the shipping for you!

shin3000
01-19-2014, 10:08 AM
Anyone here knows if Jerry is still doing this? Thinking about getting a Chunli from ebay and send directly the PCS if is the case.

Drakull
01-19-2014, 10:20 AM
I m waiting for Audrey confirmation, Jerry told me go ask her

eSo_Songo
01-19-2014, 12:33 PM
i had mine also repainted by Jerry a year ago its good thing i did it becauce i was in doubt, now she looks great like yours. About the customs. You have to pay that but is that bill comes later on :)

vinnnie
01-19-2014, 05:34 PM
i had mine also repainted by Jerry a year ago its good thing i did it becauce i was in doubt, now she looks great like yours. About the customs. You have to pay that but is that bill comes later on :)

uhm.. no :laugh: Customs has even put a stamp on the box that's says 'free of charge'. I never get a bill afterwards, I live in The Netherlands, we don't get a bill afterwards, we always have to pay upfront (to the mailman or postoffice if you havent got cash money at home) in case you have to pay, you cant have your package until you paid the customsbill :) Almost all the stuff I buy are from outside of Europe and paid a lot of customs so I know the drill.

Anyway, if PCS is still doing repaints of the face (they stopped in june 2013 I read, one forummember here got a 'no, we don't do that anymore' answer): GO FOR IT.

eSo_Songo
01-19-2014, 09:23 PM
Had to pay my customs later. Like 2 months later. Ones with Fedex and one time with Post NL. Im also from the Netherlands. Maybe it depends on transporter and the stamps on the box. Dunno. Goodluck anyway with your Chun.

shin3000
01-20-2014, 12:39 AM
uhm.. no :laugh: Customs has even put a stamp on the box that's says 'free of charge'. I never get a bill afterwards, I live in The Netherlands, we don't get a bill afterwards, we always have to pay upfront (to the mailman or postoffice if you havent got cash money at home) in case you have to pay, you cant have your package until you paid the customsbill :) Almost all the stuff I buy are from outside of Europe and paid a lot of customs so I know the drill.

Anyway, if PCS is still doing repaints of the face (they stopped in june 2013 I read, one forummember here got a 'no, we don't do that anymore' answer): GO FOR IT.

Coool... I'll ask Audrey anyhow just to be sure..

vinnnie
01-20-2014, 04:09 AM
Had to pay my customs later. Like 2 months later. Ones with Fedex and one time with Post NL. Im also from the Netherlands. Maybe it depends on transporter and the stamps on the box. Dunno. Goodluck anyway with your Chun.

Thanks! i won't get a bill because I know why it was 'free of charge'.