PDA

View Full Version : Mecha Zangief Trade

bonzaitree
09-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Hey guys just wondering if I could get some opinions on a trade with my good buddy.

My Mecha Zangief for his Sideshow Marvel Gambit exclusive. How does that sound?

Thanks!

Ricky Bobby
09-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Sounds fair to me as long both items are mint...

toe
09-05-2012, 09:55 PM
i wouldnt do it. Theres a lot of Gambit PF out there and also no Mecha Zangief. I bet this guy will trade his Gambit and then buy another Gambit after.

bigsilva77
09-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Sounds fair to me as long both items are mint...

:iagree:

Ricky Bobby
09-05-2012, 11:08 PM
i wouldnt do it. Theres a lot of Gambit PF out there and also no Mecha Zangief. I bet this guy will trade his Gambit and then buy another Gambit after.

By your logic there are more Doom PF's out there than Mecha,so does edition size really matter...when both are currently being sold around the same price...he also mentioned it was for a good buddy...so i doubt the other guy would trade his Gambit only to buy another one later on

mikman42
09-05-2012, 11:54 PM
I guess if you are good buddies you would both know each others collecting habits?

Spazzy
09-06-2012, 02:06 AM
If you want it more, I bought gambit for retail and sold a reg Z for $1100 so it would be hard for me to trade for it, but Gambit has gone up alot

equi-nox76
09-06-2012, 02:10 AM
I think it's a fair deal.

toe
09-06-2012, 03:52 AM
By your logic there are more Doom PF's out there than Mecha,so does edition size really matter...when both are currently being sold around the same price...he also mentioned it was for a good buddy...so i doubt the other guy would trade his Gambit only to buy another one later on

what i meant is that there are more Gambit PF available to buy in secondary market like on ebay and Mecha Z rarely pops up for sale. I would keep Mecha Z and just buy a Gambit PF.

Ricky Bobby
09-06-2012, 05:34 AM
what i meant is that there are more Gambit PF available to buy in secondary market like on ebay and Mecha Z rarely pops up for sale. I would keep Mecha Z and just buy a Gambit PF.

Using eBay as any source for material or data is highly questionable.I understand there are more Gambit PF's out there then Mecha's...but from a price point from a good buddy to a good buddy it's a fair trade imo...By the sounds of it i can only imagine how difficult it would be for you to do a trade with your good buddy

dutch1987
09-06-2012, 08:47 AM
dont trade Zangief for GambiT......Zangief is cOoL:smokin:

akumalove
09-06-2012, 08:50 AM
I would never give my Mecha away for this Gambit!! :)
Christina

wvg9250
09-06-2012, 08:57 AM
I'd trade my gambit for another zangief any day of the week.

SkyPirate82
09-06-2012, 09:12 AM
Who do you like more as a character? Which statue appeals to you more in person? Only trade if you honestly have more love for the Gambit PF than Zangief, otherwise it's a pointless swap, IMO.

hulksmash
09-06-2012, 12:11 PM
It's all up to who you like more...personally I wouldn't trade my Regular Zangief for anything. I totally dig my Red Cyclone.

BornFreeSF
09-06-2012, 01:42 PM
It's all up to who you like more...personally I wouldn't trade my Regular Zangief for anything. I totally dig my Red Cyclone.

QFT :iagree:

Alpha_Flight
09-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Gambit

SARFARAZ
09-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Gambief

Blacksunn
09-06-2012, 05:24 PM

Not even for $3,499?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280960343020

Ricky Bobby
09-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Having this thread in the PCS SF section is probably a little on the bias side...cause lets face almost all of us would never trade our Mecha for a Gambit PF EX (including myself)...because we all love SF more than Marvel...i am sure if we put this question up in the SS section...most Marvel collectors would take Gambit over Mecha

BarrelCannon
09-06-2012, 08:01 PM
I personally wouldn't do it.
At the end of the day, what you value most, matters the most.
How much you love either character, whether you care about the edition size. (eg. If there were 0 Koto Magento's left I would be willing to trade a sideshow batman PF for it just because I wanted it so bad).

GUILTY GEAR
09-06-2012, 11:35 PM
what u like the most is very important

BornFreeSF
09-06-2012, 11:50 PM
what u like the most is very important

Dude have you finished the Queen yet?

hulksmash
09-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Not even for $3,499?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280960343020

As crazy as it sounds...no. I'd have to be having some out of control situation that would cause me to have to give up my collecting as a whole for me to give this beast up. Or any of my SF collection.

Having this thread in the PCS SF section is probably a little on the bias side...cause lets face almost all of us would never trade our Mecha for a Gambit PF EX (including myself)...because we all love SF more than Marvel...i am sure if we put this question up in the SS section...most Marvel collectors would take Gambit over Mecha

Very true. I collect the Marvel line as well but I've been into SF the actual games since I was a little kid. Those of us who grew up on SF games have a passion that is unexplainable with words. The community is strong because no matter if your the best in the world or just playing cause you love the game it's fun. I can play for 2 hours straight and play the same characters but they are used SO differently by the players that it causes you to change your attacks and defense strategy on the fly. It's freaking great and addicting...anyways yea posting this in a SF thread is asking for a lop sided poll :tongue:

GenoToys
09-07-2012, 12:47 AM
Very true. I collect the Marvel line as well but I've been into SF the actual games since I was a little kid. Those of us who grew up on SF games have a passion that is unexplainable with words. The community is strong because no matter if your the best in the world or just playing cause you love the game it's fun. I can play for 2 hours straight and play the same characters but they are used SO differently by the players that it causes you to change your attacks and defense strategy on the fly. It's freaking great and addicting...anyways yea posting this in a SF thread is asking for a lop sided poll :tongue:[/QUOTE]

:goodpost::iagree: I love Street Fighter *sigh* :)

Submissive421
09-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I have come to a point where I love the characters more then the game if that makes sense. I probably will never play another Street Fighter game after 4 because it's no longer fun for me. But the love for the characters stayed.

But as far as trading a statue for a statue. It just depends on what would make you happy. If you no longer have the same excitement you had when you bought it, then maybe it is time to move on. I'm pretty sure you have the regular version still and if thats fine then I say do the trade.

But naturally if you have not sure which is why you made the topic in the 1st place then maybe you aren't ready to give him up yet

Ricky Bobby
09-07-2012, 04:28 PM
As crazy as it sounds...no. I'd have to be having some out of control situation that would cause me to have to give up my collecting as a whole for me to give this beast up. Or any of my SF collection.

Me neither...i am with you hulksmash...money comes and goes but there are only so many Big Gief's out there done this well...i cant see myself parting ways with my sf collection ever...Shin Akuma and Akuma will be buried with me :laugh:

hulksmash
09-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Very true. I collect the Marvel line as well but I've been into SF the actual games since I was a little kid. Those of us who grew up on SF games have a passion that is unexplainable with words. The community is strong because no matter if your the best in the world or just playing cause you love the game it's fun. I can play for 2 hours straight and play the same characters but they are used SO differently by the players that it causes you to change your attacks and defense strategy on the fly. It's freaking great and addicting...anyways yea posting this in a SF thread is asking for a lop sided poll :tongue:

:goodpost::iagree: I love Street Fighter *sigh* :)[/QUOTE]

:)

I have come to a point where I love the characters more then the game if that makes sense. I probably will never play another Street Fighter game after 4 because it's no longer fun for me. But the love for the characters stayed.

But as far as trading a statue for a statue. It just depends on what would make you happy. If you no longer have the same excitement you had when you bought it, then maybe it is time to move on. I'm pretty sure you have the regular version still and if thats fine then I say do the trade.

But naturally if you have not sure which is why you made the topic in the 1st place then maybe you aren't ready to give him up yet

Great point.

Me neither...i am with you hulksmash...money comes and goes but there are only so many Big Gief's out there done this well...i cant see myself parting ways with my sf collection ever...Shin Akuma and Akuma will be buried with me :laugh:

I'm with you buddy...on that note where do you plan on being buried :confused2