PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Jerry to get Fist of the North Star (Hokuto no Ken) license?

Rainy
09-14-2012, 03:37 PM
I am huge HnK fan plus who doesn't want 1/4 scale Kenshiro, Raoh,Shin,Toki & Rei?
Just typing the names gave me an adrenaline rush
:radior:AATA AATO AATATATATATATATATATATATATATAWAATATATATATATATATA YATA You are already dead
http://static.zerochan.net/Hokuto.No.Ken.full.868902.jpg

SARFARAZ
09-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Never really been a fan. Now Guyver is what I've always wanted!

premium_substit
09-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Hell yes.. and not just for the sake of it either, I think PCS is the right company to take on FOTNS with the ampred up musculature etc. 1:4 Raoh is a dream piece for me.. But I wouldn't expect Jerry to pick up the license right now, PCS has at least 6 mainstream licenses, and I beleive Jerry plans on doing them justice. But one day when jerry is done with street fighter and mortal kombat, which I hope he never is, I'd love to see him get Fist of The North Star and King of Fighters (he already said he didn't have interest in KoF).

http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=109721&highlight=north+star

redhulk27
09-15-2012, 03:01 AM
I would definitely want a Hokuto No Ken series. 1/4 scales would be awesome, and dioramas based of Kenshiro and Raoh's final battle would be sick, or Kenshiro and Shin doing they're signature kick. I'd want Kenshiro's pose to be something similar to this.

wanderlai
09-15-2012, 03:20 AM
Id like one of Raoh on horseback

jye318
09-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Oh yes love my childhood comic book character !! I remember I use to play the game as well.

Ricky Bobby
09-16-2012, 01:01 AM
Its a cool series but i have no interest in obtaing statues of the characters...

Rainy
09-16-2012, 12:38 PM
I thought HnK will have so much love in the board :( I feel like sad panda

akumalove
09-16-2012, 02:27 PM
No: more time for Street Fighter :)
Christina

BornFreeSF
09-16-2012, 02:32 PM
No: more time for Street Fighter :)
Christina

Hahaha Chistina. That's what I thought you would say.

I'm in the camp of "nice to have" as long as it doesn't screw up Street Fighter schedules.

Rainy
09-16-2012, 03:58 PM
Hahaha Chistina. That's what I thought you would say.

I'm in the camp of "nice to have" as long as it doesn't screw up Street Fighter schedules.

Every time Jerry get a new license he will say that it will not slow street fighter line :D, But tbh I think it does slow the line :D

THE_BEAST
09-16-2012, 04:39 PM
If Jerry got this license, it would be a dream come true.

southernsun
09-16-2012, 10:18 PM
I prefer Dragon Ball series. Please Jerry....

Hercules75
09-16-2012, 10:37 PM
NO Jerry already has enough high profile licenses on his plate without having to devote an iota of his already limited time, focus and energy to second rate crappy animes like "Fist of the North Star" It would be a huge mistake.

redhulk27
09-17-2012, 04:11 AM
NO Jerry already has enough high profile licenses on his plate without having to devote an iota of his already limited time, focus and energy to second rate crappy animes like "Fist of the North Star" It would be a huge mistake.

First of all this is just a fantasy poll, all we need is a simple yes or no, we don't need any of your idiotic imput on what you really think of the anime. Not Needed At All, Thank You!!!

wvg9250
09-17-2012, 04:22 AM
Fist of north star is always one of my favourite animes. You hurt my feelings Hercules, I hate you too :(

Hercules75
09-17-2012, 04:30 AM
First of all this is just a fantasy poll, all we need is a simple yes or no, we don't need any of your idiotic imput on what you really think of the anime. Not Needed At All, Thank You!!!

Everyone is entitled to their opinions; even if you disagree with them. You must be very successful in your interactions with people :rolleyes2
What we really don't need is your idiotic emotional outbursts and dreadful spelling and grammar
Grow up..get therapy...or something..thank you :nuts:

Fist of north star is always one of my favourite animes. You hurt my feelings Hercules, I hate you too :(

Awww didn't mean to, you'll get over it :smokin:

DRAGONTHEBOMB
09-17-2012, 04:31 AM
Nope

artofgarduno
11-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Please bring this line to life jerry

Frankierock
11-30-2012, 03:53 PM
NOPE

Titanchuck
11-30-2012, 03:54 PM
No

Goldenpanther
11-30-2012, 04:02 PM
No

Goldenpanther
11-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Naruto would be much more popular than this licence wise

dao2
11-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Naruto would be much more popular than this licence wise

Dear god no :|

loricstone
11-30-2012, 07:32 PM
No and I doubt he will! He already alluded to the fact that SF, MK, MOTU, DS, and the odd licensed character every now and then has his plate full.

Only time will tell.

Liad
11-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Hokuto no Ken has a fairly generic 'style', and there aren't that many characters to create. If he should pick up a Eastern/Japanese license it would have to be Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. why?

- Huge Fanbase
- This series has revolutionized the japanese manga (comic) industry since it was first published in 1987
- Huge cast (there are 8 parts, each with their own main character and sub-cast)
- Creator is obsessed with giving each character a stylistic pose, so they naturally transition as statues, These 'overdramatic' character poses are so popular that they have become a fad in Japan. Hell, it's even considered Modern Art by the japanese.
- Vibrant colour palette and design

Ofcourse the chances are close to nill that Jerry will ever pick up a eastern license (or another license for that matter), but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is easily the way to go if that were the case.

furycat
11-30-2012, 08:01 PM
nope

Doctor Doom
11-30-2012, 08:07 PM
NO:soapb:

derekrodneysim
11-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Yaaawwwnnnnnnn.....

testsubject25
11-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Well, after reading these past few threads, it's become pretty clear that this is the license that people really want! :laugh:

GenoToys
11-30-2012, 10:46 PM
I think I posted No awhile back...still NO......Mods you know what to do...lol

-bye bye thread.

drasgow
12-02-2012, 01:07 AM
Never really been a fan. Now Guyver is what I've always wanted!

guyver would be amazing!!

gagaliya
12-03-2012, 11:25 PM
this is one of my favorite comic growing up, definitely interested in a highend 1/4 ken statue. Considering pcs specialize in muscle sculpts, it should come out really well.

how about it jerry? :)

Gyro Zeppeli
12-04-2012, 05:04 AM
I love Fist of the North Star/Hokuto no Ken but I don't really see much need for statues of it. There is already a great line of poseable Revoltech and I feel like characters such as Kenshiro just aren't meant to be statues.

MolokoPlus
12-04-2012, 05:14 AM
Cowboy bebop or Akira. I think akira dioramas would be amazing in 1/4 scale

sackboy
12-04-2012, 05:24 AM
Metal Gear Solid license from Jerry would be great IMHO, 1/4 scale with black base and mixed media, i'd buy them !

Konahi
12-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Hokuto No Ken!!!!! and JOJO!!!!

Aertyl
12-05-2012, 04:58 AM
Hokuto no Ken has a fairly generic 'style', and there aren't that many characters to create. If he should pick up a Eastern/Japanese license it would have to be Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. why?

- Huge Fanbase
- This series has revolutionized the japanese manga (comic) industry since it was first published in 1987
- Huge cast (there are 8 parts, each with their own main character and sub-cast)
- Creator is obsessed with giving each character a stylistic pose, so they naturally transition as statues, These 'overdramatic' character poses are so popular that they have become a fad in Japan. Hell, it's even considered Modern Art by the japanese.
- Vibrant colour palette and design

Ofcourse the chances are close to nill that Jerry will ever pick up a eastern license (or another license for that matter), but JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is easily the way to go if that were the case.
Seconded for JJBA! Jonathan basically wears the same outfit Kenshiro does. :D

Gyro Zeppeli
12-05-2012, 05:07 AM
Hokuto no Ken has a highly unique and famous style. You can immediately tell when the artist has drawn a character because he gives them a distinct physique and facial structure.

I love Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (as my name would imply), but it doesn't need more merchandise lines than it already has. Medicom is covering the main characters, villains, and their stands at 1/6 scale. Likewise, Medicos is doing their Super Action Statues which are highly detailed highly poseable 1/12 figures that have an immense following and are covering most of the major characters throughout.

And finally they are making 1/12 statues of the minor characters to go along with the Super Action Statues. The ground of Jojo has already been covered recently by Japanese companies so the market for Jojo is very much already dedicated at this point. In general I think it is best to target licenses that are lacking in the high end figure department rather than those plentiful in them.

EnShinNoi
12-05-2012, 05:37 AM
I'd place at least 10 Japanese licenses before Fist of the North Star.

Jiggeh
12-05-2012, 06:03 AM
I'm a gigantic Hokuto no Ken fan, and while I agree that the timing isn't exactly perfect with plenty of other things to fill PCS's plate, I think it would be a great fit. There are plenty of HNK figures and collectibles out there but really not a lot of high-end statues. Aside from the focus on super-developed musculature (which I agree is PCS's forte), I think there's room for lots of interesting stuff to be done with poses and mixed-media outfits.

I support the idea for sure :)

edit: the poll is closed though, so I can't actually show my support there :P