PDA

View Full Version : Certificate of Authenticity question...

Loops
09-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Would laminating the Certificate of Authenticity be a good/bad idea? I want to display it along with the statue but I'd like to protect it.

bebohawk
09-14-2012, 07:48 PM
i think this would work better http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php/cPath/64_71/products_id/435

Loops
09-14-2012, 07:52 PM
i think this would work better http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php/cPath/64_71/products_id/435

Interesting, I'll check these out. Thanks!

BornFreeSF
09-14-2012, 11:59 PM
I personally don't have any issues with lamination.

Loops
09-15-2012, 12:16 AM
I personally don't have any issues with lamination.

I'll weight up both I guess and see :)

Thanks!

Smooth Criminal
09-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Hey guys had a question how much would a shin akuma be worth thats perfect with box and everything but missibng COA was there missing COAS?

BornFreeSF
09-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Hey guys had a question how much would a shin akuma be worth thats perfect with box and everything but missibng COA was there missing COAS?

Really difficult question to answer.

Honestly it should bring the price down but I am of the opinion that the COA is not important. I mean it's supposed to certify the authenticity of your statue. But it's by far the easiest thing to fake.....and Sideshow doesn't do it. I've always seen it as a nice to have.

Having said that mot collectors are fairly anal so the idea that something is missing would forever be at the back of their minds.

s_paulik87
09-30-2012, 03:55 PM

I'll take this burden of a statue with no COA off of your hands for a discounted price! xD

But seriously, It sucks you don't have the COA...but on the other hand I do not display my statues with a COA and i never plan on selling any of my statues so something not having a COA isn't that big of a deal to me. I think it would be pretty easy to tell if a statue of this quality is fake or not.... Most collectors must have everything though and I see their side also.

Good luck on selling this, I know I would be interested.

Smooth Criminal
09-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Hey thanks for the info guys im actually looking to buy not sell the seller has the box and everything but no COA any guess on a good price to ask him to sell for?

Jyester
09-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Hey thanks for the info guys im actually looking to buy not sell the seller has the box and everything but no COA any guess on a good price to ask him to sell for?

My Shin had no COA and I snapped him up for the fine old price of $1500. This suited me just fine as I dispaly the statue and leave the COA's in the box :)

Smooth Criminal
09-30-2012, 07:01 PM
My Shin had no COA and I snapped him up for the fine old price of $1500. This suited me just fine as I dispaly the statue and leave the COA's in the box :)

Was that recent? Or a while ago bro?

Jyester
09-30-2012, 07:04 PM
Was that recent? Or a while ago bro?

3-4 months back ... no COA might bother some but no skin off my nose and I got a large discount on market value without it so all good.

Loops
11-21-2012, 03:07 AM
FYI, I went with this in the end. The COA fits perfectly...

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/6-x-4-horizontal-bent-acrylic-frame-900829/

GenoToys
11-21-2012, 03:53 AM
Sweet i was just at hobby lobby...I'll be going again...Love that store! Drawing supplies, super sculpey...and now this awesome!