PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding re: Mondo/SS Superman Print

jetfuel
09-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Hi all, I have really fallen in love with this image and would like to have one on my wall. My only problem is I cant decide which one I like better. So please vote on your favorite one and maybe why you chose the one you did. I am eager to see which one everyone else prefers. I would buy both but I dont think it is needed.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii198/jetfuel31/MCM_FORTRESS_hugecolorrefforprint.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii198/jetfuel31/KGrHqVq0Eog2RDkBQW1pnerz60_3.jpg

Simplyrob
09-26-2012, 02:02 AM
You should just buy them both.

Hellboy
09-27-2012, 08:27 PM
I like both for different reasons.

The horizontal print shows more of the landscape surrounding the Fortress of Solitude which adds a bit of depth to the piece. The downside is Superman is a bit lost in it all.

The vertical piece sacrifices depth and much of the surrounding landscape for a greater emphasis on Superman himself.

I'd say if you're after more of a landscape print the horizontal works better but if you want the focus to be on Superman go with the vertical.

If I had to pick one... its tough, but I think I'd opt for the vertical print myself. I really like the depiction of Superman's ascension into the sky.

FROBAY
09-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Both but the one with more landscape gives the picture more substance.

Matches Malone
09-27-2012, 10:21 PM
The landscape one kind of gives you more bang for your buck image wise and will allow for more more display options. I have a couple vertical prints in these exact dimensions and found my options somewhat limited TBH.

jetfuel
10-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Just an update, thank you for all the input. I decided to go with the vertical variant. As was mentioned it has a little more Superman presence in it and I think I have the perfect spot for a print this shape.

pavehawk78
10-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Make sure you show it off when you get it framed!

Hellboy
10-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Just an update, thank you for all the input. I decided to go with the vertical variant. As was mentioned it has a little more Superman presence in it and I think I have the perfect spot for a print this shape.

I think it's a good choice. I picked the variant up myself and it looks great. Looking forward to framing it.

jetfuel
10-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Make sure you show it off when you get it framed!

I think it's a good choice. I picked the variant up myself and it looks great. Looking forward to framing it.

Will do, aside from this one I also ended up picking up a JC Batcave, Englert walking dead GID, and Englert you are my lucky star print. I look forward to framing them

ReplicantSavior
10-08-2012, 09:09 PM
I voted vertical. I was considering it for display with the Hot Toys Reeve Superman figure. But I need a poster with more focus on Superman.

Simplyrob
10-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Will do, aside from this one I also ended up picking up a JC Batcave, Englert walking dead GID, and Englert you are my lucky star print. I look forward to framing them

Man, that's a Rain Man Vegas score. Nice pickups! I'm a big Englert fan myself. Missing his Thing and It prints along with the SDCC lucky star. Pretty pricey.

Hellboy
10-08-2012, 10:17 PM

Nice choices. :thumbs2:

Just framed my Englert Walking Dead and The Thing the other week. Posted pics HERE (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=122725&page=14) if you want to see.