PDA

View Full Version : What are your biggest gripes about PCSC

OuttaSight
11-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Heres a fun one...

I left off 'packaging' as we switched to the high quality stuff early this year and Scorpion was the last to come with the lower quality packaging.

jetfuel
11-19-2012, 02:42 PM
My only issue is the length between releases within each license

ColossusX
11-19-2012, 02:50 PM
I voted for reason "Other". The reason is that I am currently very unhappy with the way the licences are being treated.

First example is the Thundercats licence. For me now my Lion-O and Mumm-Ra are worthless. Around 900 euros for both excl versions to be shipped from Sideshow with custom fees to EU are wasted.

Second example is Mortal Kombat licence. First Scorpion came out with a lot of drama so I decided to skip him since shipping to EU is risky. Then PCS started the Klassik Licence with Reptile as an excl and a method of purchase that did not comply to my everyday schedule. Meaning I had to stay awake until 03:00 in the morning to send an email about a confirmation. As a result because of my heavy work the day before and the day after I fall asleep and missed the deadline. Now I don't want to start a line with missing one piece and not being sure of how things will go.

This made me change my mind about PCS as a company since I am not a street fighter fan and nothing else inspires me confidence to keep collecting.

yeek
11-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I voted "other" as well. I also bought the first two thundercats thinking there would be a whole line of them (at least the main characters) and poof, the line ends. I really hope that won't happen with MOTU since I want to be in a "completist" mode with those. This also leads into the wish that there won't be a super low ES of a sigificant MOTU character (not counting a variant) where it would be so difficult to get that it would be pointless to be a completist. Those are my only two real concerns. Thanks for listening!

ambasah
11-19-2012, 03:06 PM
I am in the minority, but can't stand the "super limited exclusive".

It is great for scalpers but a turn off for collectors who then have to turn to ebay and pay inflated prices.

heck, even make it a 5 minute window to place an order and base the edition size accordingly. Bowen does something like that for their exclusives, although their window to place an order is much longer.

MrYac
11-19-2012, 03:08 PM
i hate to say it guys but you can't have it both ways, you can't expect a line like MOTU to have 7-800 edition sizes per piece and still make it beyond 1 or 2 character releases.

as for my gripes they're pretty invalid as it's character selection and that doesn't count:p but while pricing may not be "too high" i think we can all agree if it could be a little less expensive we'd all be happier

NorthernLadMSP
11-19-2012, 03:12 PM
I voted for other. I'm really not a fan of only being able to order statues through you directly and paying a HUGE deposit or paying for the entire statue basically a year in advance of it's release date.

I fear that if you do the Klassic Mortal Kombat statues in this manner, I may have to pass on any of them I may have wanted to buy.

JadeGiant
11-19-2012, 03:21 PM
No Marvel license = no more Hulk sculpts from Jerry. After getting my hands on the ultra rare Hulk that Jerry did many years ago, I have been hoping to see another one … a guy can dream right?

BornFreeSF
11-19-2012, 03:32 PM
No Marvel license = no more Hulk sculpts from Jerry. After getting my hands on the ultra rare Hulk that Jerry did many years ago, I have been hoping to see another one … a guy can dream right?

Have you got a pic? I'd love to see it.

Ex-Parrot
11-19-2012, 03:35 PM
I voted for reason "Other". The reason is that I am currently very unhappy with the way the licences are being treated.

First example is the Thundercats licence. For me now my Lion-O and Mumm-Ra are worthless. Around 900 euros for both excl versions to be shipped from Sideshow with custom fees to EU are wasted.

I understand being disappointed with a line ending, we've all been there at some point in our collecting lives (given my personal fondness for niche licenses and properties, I've been there a lot... :laugh:), but as an actual complaint, with all due respect, it is a little ridiculous.

Fact is, there are no guarantees in life, and you chose to buy those pieces, no one forced you to do so, or promised you that no matter what more pieces were coming. All lines live or die based on selling a set amount of product. If there isn't enough support from the customer base to keep a line alive, then no company in their right mind is going to continue to make more pieces, unless they want to send themselves out of business pretty damn fast.

Thundercats wasn't treated badly, it just wasn't supported by enough people to stay viable as an ongoing line. And while we can all armchair quarterback over things like character choice, release windows, artistic and sculptural/paint choices, or whatever else, at the end of the day, if you can't even sell the bare minimum amount needed in order to make keeping a line alive viable, then there really isn't anything else to be done. It sucks, but that's just the way things go sometimes.

Deadking92
11-19-2012, 03:37 PM
My only gripe is that I really dislike the mail order system because it really comes down to many uncontrollable factors like how fast is the mail server, and just plain luck. Plus it the timings being in pacific it is really bad where I live, I understand that its once in a while but being a university student having mid terms, quizes what ever amount of sleep u get u take it ( even as im tyoing this i am studying business law) plus then I need to pay the outrageous ebay prices afterwards if I miss out,while I do realize that others opinion will differ this is just my two cents on the matter. But I still love the pieces that you and your company produce and still intend on buying them. :-)

BornFreeSF
11-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Too long between releases.

Breakages.

Irritating polystyrene (flakey/crumbly - gets everywhere and turns the exciting prospect of unpacking PCSC statues into a chore).
EDIT: this is better now - and I read Jerry's opening post.

Spazzy
11-19-2012, 03:45 PM
too long between releases, I am not a completist in these lines anymore, but to get the characters I want is taking awhile, I really hope Jerry you are serious about the schedule, as I would like a few MOTU characters a year, that is a line I can dive head first into, I am sure my MK klassic needs will be met shortly so not worried, and been waiting on blanka since the beginning, and would like a Chun Li alpha. I couldn't care less about TC, despised the show growing up, and sucks for loyalist but glad it is gone so PCS can get back to these other lines (mk9 can go too :confused2 )
and I want to see Jerry's hulk too!

marvelboi77
11-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Taking to long to come out. Cammy and Chun Li popped out a year after seeing them at comic con. Way to long.

Goldenpanther
11-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Hi Would like to thank you on keeping collectibles "collectibles " cant please them all and I refuse to complain about Jerry
his trying his best - and threats collectors with respect unlike other companies

I rather have statues delayed and get a quality piece than get stuff with bad paint jobs funny eyes etc.

loricstone
11-19-2012, 04:25 PM
I chose too long between releases.

After almost a year and a half of announcing the MK license, there is only 1 release (Scorpion) and due to the packaging, it started out less than stellar.

However, sounds like things are getting in order. I really, really hope you crank the MOTU and MK9 (get rid of the Klassics.......lol....sorry that was a shot at Spazzy for trying to screw the MK9 line) statues.

In all fairness, I think that the current licenses you have and others that are defunct or on hiatus (TC and Darkstalkers), will now allow you to release statues at a higher clip.

akumalove
11-19-2012, 04:30 PM
I vote others, because I don't really have/had any problems, just 3 versions of 1 character (with PCS EX) is a bit too much for me. I still like them of course :o but starting to have space problems and I want to display them all :p
Christina

JadeGiant
11-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Have you got a pic? I'd love to see it.

http://www.popcultureshocktoys.com/gallery/prototype/marvel/hulkStatue.asp

I and I
11-19-2012, 05:17 PM
My only gripe is the fact that we get left in the dark for too long. Even a cryptic teaser can be a very welcoming sight sometimes.

And for the people who are saying the TC statues were a waste of money... didn't you buy them because you loved them?

GenoToys
11-19-2012, 05:33 PM
Too long between releases....Pre-ordering then having to wait for months(half a year)....is enough wait.

Spazzy
11-19-2012, 05:36 PM

After almost a year and a half of announcing the MK license, there is only 1 release (Scorpion) and due to the packaging, it started out less than stellar.

However, sounds like things are getting in order. I really, really hope you crank the MOTU and MK9 (get rid of the Klassics.......lol....sorry that was a shot at Spazzy for trying to screw the MK9 line) statues.

In all fairness, I think that the current licenses you have and others that are defunct or on hiatus (TC and Darkstalkers), will now allow you to release statues at a higher clip.

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8311/chokeyourselfogifsoupco.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/543/chokeyourselfogifsoupco.gif/)

Spazzy
11-19-2012, 05:39 PM
My only gripe is the fact that we get left in the dark for too long. Even a cryptic teaser can be a very welcoming sight sometimes.

And for the people who are saying the TC statues were a waste of money... didn't you buy them because you loved them?

I don't understand that either, you get 2 of the main characters and now you don't like them? I would be bummed if the Joe line stopped, but still happy as hell since I got Cobra Commander and Baroness in 1:4.

And I always thought the quality of PCS statues have been pretty nice, I never really had major problems, except the chun li eyes, which was corrected, and minor little shipping issues that damaged some pieces (*vega, cammy)

SARFARAZ
11-19-2012, 05:42 PM
I voted too long between releases. But I have to say that breakages have been quite common for me in the past. Mainly unglued pieces which would be down to quality control.

Big Hulk
11-19-2012, 05:53 PM
I said price and other so let me explain. With these new release schedule you have planned it's going to be tough to keep up with what I want at the price point. That is saying I don't think they are too expensive at this point (Reptile was a fantastic price!) but I won't be able to keep up with that much coming out in a short amount of time. Luckily, there will only be a few more Mortal Kombat I want then the rest will be focused on MOTU.

Batminator
11-19-2012, 05:54 PM
I would prefer releases to have a high enough ES to allow fans to get one.

Liad
11-19-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm fine with the release schedule, but as i'm looking to collect MK9 and Klassic lines, i'd actually want them to be farther apart :p (because of my budget).

I chose 'other' and my reasoning is simple: I don't like how the SF faces look. It's odd that 'sculpting' wasn't an option, seeing as everything else was. Anyway, the reason I don't want to collect the SF line is because I think the faces look off. The only exception being Sagat as he looks identical to his SF4 model. My assumption is that the SF line is based more around the earlier SF games, where the portraits are more life-like and not as 'cartoony' ( i only got into SF through SF4, so it's automatically become what I feel the characters should look like).

This can't really be considered a 'gripe' against PCSC as I think,for example, that the MK line is ABSOLUTELY fantastic. It's probably just the stylistic choice with the SF line that I don't agree with.

I was going to vote 'breakages' as i've read that many figures did have them, but seeing that the packaging has been upgraded it's very reassuring. Breakage on figures is just a heart-breaker, and it can happen to everyone, but i'm glad to see measures are being taken to fix that.

There is no way people can pick 'poor customer service' as you really go above and beyond to please your customers. I've seen it just by lurking on this forum.

testsubject25
11-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Too long between releases was my vote, but going by what you've posted, it sounds like that's seriously being addressed. Strangely, even though PCS has been around for a little bit, it feels like it's just now really taking off. Yeah, I was bummed about Thundercats like a few mentioned, but that's not something we can hold against PCS, IMO.

BornFreeSF
11-19-2012, 06:06 PM
http://www.popcultureshocktoys.com/gallery/prototype/marvel/hulkStatue.asp

Haha, nice. The big hands are the tell that it's Jerry's!

JadeGiant
11-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Haha, nice. The big hands are the tell that it's Jerry's!

It is a great piece. Took me a while to find one and I was stoked when I finally did. Here's a thread that includes a painted up version:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=60747&highlight=SOTA+hulk

Quicksilver
11-19-2012, 07:08 PM
I would say too long between releases, and breakages. I would also mention the packaging but it seems Jerry has taken care of that issue. Im also against a line ending out of the blue when people who started collecting the line are expecting it to be fleshed out (thundercats, darkstalkers etc) those lines should still be supported instead of just supporting the ones that are most popular like SF and MK

SARFARAZ
11-19-2012, 07:17 PM
I would say too long between releases, and breakages. I would also mention the packaging but it seems Jerry has taken care of that issue. Im also against a line ending out of the blue when people who started collecting the line are expecting it to be fleshed out (thundercats, darkstalkers etc) those lines should still be supported instead of just supporting the ones that are most popular like SF and MK

It all comes down to demand. If the demand is there then the statues will keep getting made. Street fighter is a big franchise and that's why it's still going strong. Thundercats and darkstalkers just don't have enough demand. It's got nothing to do with out of the blue. If you create something that will lose you money if produced, you're not going to produce it. There has to be a good number of pre orders or its just not worth producing. No one is to blame. Just something that happens I'm afraid..

ColossusX
11-19-2012, 07:55 PM
I respect and understand the fact that it all comes down to demand. And yes I did love Mumm-Rah and Lion-O when I bought them but I also dreamt of a display containing all characters like the SF fans complete their fighter list.

The difference is that if I knew the line would be over I would not buy either Lion-O or Mumm-Ra. Simply because Thundercats is not Lion-O alone. And I would not pay that much.

Since there is a plan of producing based on demand why didn't PCS suggested a "Reptile" kind of solution?
For instance produce the piece if it reaches 100-150 edition number. All sold in advance. Without Sideshow in the middle. And apply all the usual deposits or pay in full saving shipping for example. Wouldn't a solution like that still make a profit?

Atheris
11-19-2012, 08:01 PM
My biggest gripe is that Jerry never returns any of my calls. I know your home Jerry, I can see you clearly from about half way up the tree next to your house.

Chris

GenoToys
11-19-2012, 08:01 PM
My biggest gripe is that Jerry never returns any of my calls. I know your home Jerry, I can see you clearly from about half way up the tree next to your house.

Chris

pervert.

OuttaSight
11-19-2012, 08:11 PM
I respect and understand the fact that it all comes down to demand. And yes I did love Mumm-Rah and Lion-O when I bought them but I also dreamt of a display containing all characters like the SF fans complete their fighter list.

The difference is that if I knew the line would be over I would not buy either Lion-O or Mumm-Ra. Simply because Thundercats is not Lion-O alone. And I would not pay that much.

Since there is a plan of producing based on demand why didn't PCS suggested a "Reptile" kind of solution?
For instance produce the piece if it reaches 100-150 edition number. All sold in advance. Without Sideshow in the middle. And apply all the usual deposits or pay in full saving shipping for example. Wouldn't a solution like that still make a profit?

Because our contract for TCats ends this month and to renew it would cost a lot of money...and since Tygras presales were so so low I cant afford to take the financial risk.

i was either renew TCats or go with MOTU. I cant afford both. It would have been incredibly irresponsible financially for me to go with TCats instead of MOTU

If our contract was still going I would of course put Tygra up on our own site for Direct pre-order. But I cant now.

As painful as it is to hear...if TCats fans would have pre-ordered Tygra everything would be fine right now. But when less than 100 people pre-order what was an incredibly gorgeous statue at a fair price, I have to think the fan base just wanted Lion-O and Mumm-Ra

PS Mumm-Ra is up for a Poppies Award from Michael Crawfords site. Im pretty excited about that.

GenoToys
11-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Could you sell it on Ebay...?

Quicksilver
11-19-2012, 08:25 PM
So it seems most people's biggest gripe is they aren't getting enough PCS fast enough, that's not a bad problem, just shows people want more stuff

OuttaSight
11-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Tyring to address a few issues...

My only gripe is that I really dislike the mail order system because it really comes down to many uncontrollable factors like how fast is the mail server, and just plain luck. Plus it the timings being in pacific it is really bad where I live, I understand that its once in a while but being a university student having mid terms, quizes what ever amount of sleep u get u take it ( even as im tyoing this i am studying business law) plus then I need to pay the outrageous ebay prices afterwards if I miss out,while I do realize that others opinion will differ this is just my two cents on the matter. But I still love the pieces that you and your company produce and still intend on buying them. :-)

We are building an ecommerce shopping cart as I totally understand the frustrations with the email system.

However, correct me if Im wrong, but doesnt Sideshow do the same thing where they announce a time for pre-order ?

I voted for other. I'm really not a fan of only being able to order statues through you directly and paying a HUGE deposit or paying for the entire statue basically a year in advance of it's release date.

I fear that if you do the Klassic Mortal Kombat statues in this manner, I may have to pass on any of them I may have wanted to buy.

We are moving towards the PCSC Direct sales model, but that leads us to lower prices.

Im also going to, hopefully, reduce length of time between pre-order and ship as with the low ES I can go into production without having to wait 30-60 days for all the pre-orders to come in.

My goal is a 4 month window between pre-order and ship. Its going to take me until summer to really get that in place but its coming, and it can only happen by keeping the ES low.

No Marvel license

;)

testsubject25
11-19-2012, 08:28 PM
Because our contract for TCats ends this month and to renew it would cost a lot of money...and since Tygras presales were so so low I cant afford to take the financial risk.

i was either renew TCats or go with MOTU. I cant afford both. It would have been incredibly irresponsible financially for me to go with TCats instead of MOTU

If our contract was still going I would of course put Tygra up on our own site for Direct pre-order. But I cant now.

As painful as it is to hear...if TCats fans would have pre-ordered Tygra everything would be fine right now. But when less than 100 people pre-order what was an incredibly gorgeous statue at a fair price, I have to think the fan base just wanted Lion-O and Mumm-Ra

PS Mumm-Ra is up for a Poppies Award from Michael Crawfords site. Im pretty excited about that.

Less than 100 preorder for Tygra? Well sh!t man, I wouldn't have renewed either. And for as much as I love Thundercats and the line, I think the MotU line is really going to soar above it. Gratz on the nod from Crawford. I love that site.

OuttaSight
11-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Could you sell it on Ebay...?

Im not going to sell the Tygra prototype (I think thats what you are talking about) unless someone offers and absurd amount of money.

Its just a beautiful piece of art and the only complete one in existence.

testsubject25
11-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Im not going to sell the Tygra prototype (I think thats what you are talking about) unless someone offers and absurd amount of money.

If you mean absurd as in totally low balling you, I'll give you 45.63, but you pay for the shipping. PM me for my address. :laugh:

Spazzy
11-19-2012, 08:40 PM

Good call :cool:

GenoToys
11-19-2012, 09:30 PM

I thought you had a couple...Yeah don't sell...good call. :)

damienjakk
11-19-2012, 09:47 PM
My only gripe would be the "super limited exclusive" idea as well. I had to skip UMK3 Reptile due to work. I don't get why such a popular character was given such a limited release. Wouldn't it make more sense to give this treatment to a middle of the road character so it widens the window for customers to purchase it, and also ensures you aren't left with a back stock of a statue that nobody wants to buy?

I don't know, maybe I'm overestimating Reptile's popularity, but I'm sure you could have easily moved a couple hundred of them. Why limit your customers from the piece and also limit the amount of money you can make? Just doesn't make sense to me. Other than that no complaints, not even for packaging since my Scorpion came with no issues at all.

EnShinNoi
11-19-2012, 10:11 PM
Sagat teasers took too long and the paint job on my Blanka bust has some sloppy edging but other than that, no complaints.

Submissive421
11-19-2012, 10:14 PM
I went with the final paint quality. I own 2 statue from PCS so far and both my Scorpion EX and Felicia EX have cracks in the paint. Scorpions hands are cracking and all of Felicia's bangs have cracks in them.

I love the pieces not the cracks showing

Ryu
11-19-2012, 10:44 PM
paint seems very artificial on a factory level (I haven't seen anything since guile).
fabric
inconsistent scale (SF)
PCS EX I maybe an exception here since I can sew and make my own clothing but full price for a different colored fabric seems like a cash grab.

Midnitesuby
11-19-2012, 11:33 PM
I am with the majority here but we understand the long wait time is out of your control because Capcom's approval process is as slow as molasses.

jye318
11-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Hight ES does matter to me cause of the decrease of its values.

snawly
11-20-2012, 01:00 AM
I think overall, I think you do a job communicating with the fans and putting out some good to awesome products. If there was a couple of gripes, I would say:

1. I really liked the SOTA line and would've really liked to have mini statues or figures of the undone Street Fighter (and Darkstalkers) prototypes you had like Deejay, Morrigan, Anakaris, etc.; although the Premium Format is cool, realistically, I would buy mini statues of not as popular characters whereas I think there is a diminishing interest once you start getting to the non main characters.

2. None of the Street Fighter busts or dioramas have caught my eye right now...for that reason, I'd rather pay for a mini statue of a single character. For some reason, in my humble opinion, the dioramas Ryu vs Sagat and Chun Li vs Vega look a little stiff unnatural.

s_paulik87
11-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Pretty much everything is solid from what I can see so far.

Does SOTA have less they need to get approved through Capcom though? I know at comic-con they had a rough prototype of Oni, and mine already shipped out to me today which seemed like a very fast turnaround for just having a rough prototype shown at the time.

OuttaSight
11-20-2012, 02:03 AM
Pretty much everything is solid from what I can see so far.

Does SOTA have less they need to get approved through Capcom though? I know at comic-con they had a rough prototype of Oni, and mine already shipped out to me today which seemed like a very fast turnaround for just having a rough prototype shown at the time.

I believe what they showed at SDCC wasnt a rough prototype but an almost finished test sample from the factory that had already been approved sculpturally months before.

s_paulik87
11-20-2012, 02:28 AM
I believe what they showed at SDCC wasnt a rough prototype but an almost finished test sample from the factory that had already been approved sculpturally months before.

Ah my bad. I don't know the process too well if you couldn't tell, just saw the whiteness of it and thought that's what it was O_O doh sorry heh

OuttaSight
11-20-2012, 03:39 AM
Ah my bad. I don't know the process too well if you couldn't tell, just saw the whiteness of it and thought that's what it was O_O doh sorry heh

No worries. Sorry if it came off snarky. Just typing fast

Leckske
11-20-2012, 05:13 AM

Whats an absurd amount of money for this statue?
5 figure amount?

ThomasMak0524
11-20-2012, 06:39 AM
Breakage - my first piece from PCS was Scorpion and it arrived with the fatality version

The paint quality on the final pieces is poor - I don't think it's poor but didn't live up to my expectations (prototype at comic-con), it's still good

Too long between releases - TOO LONG! still waiting for Kitana Pre-order

Prices too high - The price is acceptable. When you look at SS charging $400+ for PFs nowadays PCS's price is good.

derekrodneysim
11-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Basically all my gripes (major ones) were addressed by Jerry on his first post. I think it's BRILLIANT that Jerry is so cool as to come here and chat with his Forum friends to find out what exactly he needs to improve to take PCS higher. I respect that. It's smart and humble at the same time.

I also think it's great that the days of cheap styro are in the past (in theory). We'll see if the factory pulls a quick one on Jerry.

At first, I always thought PCS's sculpts look a bit too cartoonish for my liking. But I realized that was just the style based off reference artwork and Jerry stayed true to the character. I was always more into Sideshow's style and quality, and sculptwise, Jerry has convinced me with Reptile. That piece looked 'real' to me and it gives you that good feeling when you see a statue done right. I'm just hoping the quality of the cast, 'feel' and paint is reminiscent of Sideshow's glory days of supreme statues (Doom, Hulk, Iron Man etc). SS is losing sight of that and I think PCS' intent to keep things collectible and focusing on the essence is really important. And his intention on keeping prices easier for the collectors to swallow. Kudos to you, Sir!

I have no gripes about the release dates. It gives us time to save for what's important down the line.

Neither do I have any complaints about the method employed during Reptile's PO. How many of us actually enjoyed the thrill of rushing off the starting line? I know I had a BLAST! And the wait for the result and getting the good news was one of the best feelings I've had in collecting in a very long time!

I can only hope for the best in PCS' future and wish Jerry every success.

derekrodneysim
11-20-2012, 08:43 AM
:thumbs2:

modus
11-20-2012, 08:56 AM
I don't have many complaints but I do wish characters were released in order of popularity. Cheetara should've been the third release for TC. Blanka and E Honda should be released before Alex. With the slower releases its easy to lose interest when B and C level statues are released first.

premium_substit
11-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Basically all my gripes (major ones) were addressed by Jerry on his first post. I think it's BRILLIANT that Jerry is so cool as to come here and chat with his Forum friends to find out what exactly he needs to improve to take PCS higher. I respect that. It's smart and humble at the same time.

I also think it's great that the days of cheap styro are in the past (in theory). We'll see if the factory pulls a quick one on Jerry.

At first, I always thought PCS's sculpts look a bit too cartoonish for my liking. But I realized that was just the style based off reference artwork and Jerry stayed true to the character. I was always more into Sideshow's style and quality, and sculptwise, Jerry has convinced me with Reptile. That piece looked 'real' to me and it gives you that good feeling when you see a statue done right. I'm just hoping the quality of the cast, 'feel' and paint is reminiscent of Sideshow's glory days of supreme statues (Doom, Hulk, Iron Man etc). SS is losing sight of that and I think PCS' intent to keep things collectible and focusing on the essence is really important. And his intention on keeping prices easier for the collectors to swallow. Kudos to you, Sir!

I have no gripes about the release dates. It gives us time to save for what's important down the line.

Neither do I have any complaints about the method employed during Reptile's PO. How many of us actually enjoyed the thrill of rushing off the starting line? I know I had a BLAST! And the wait for the result and getting the good news was one of the best feelings I've had in collecting in a very long time!

I can only hope for the best in PCS' future and wish Jerry every success.

:goodpost: :iagree:

Do or do not
11-20-2012, 02:40 PM
My only beef (and very minor at that) would be the delay between releases.

OuttaSight
11-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Whats an absurd amount of money for this statue?
5 figure amount?

Yeah...$10k would be the minimum Id consider. Truth is I dont want to sell it but I also have bills to pay so once numbers get that high its hard to say no.

supermetroid
11-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Thank you Jerry for your honesty and feedback from fans with your company. Other companies could certainly learn from you.

As for gripes, I wouldn't have any major ones myself. I do believe that paint should be a huge priority though, and speaking for myself, I wouldn't mind a little price increase to realize a better quality paint job.

I know you mentioned saving some cost of the statues when you sell them directly. I'd be very happy to keep the current prices or raise them a bit more in exchange for higher quality paint, if possible.

As for the exclusives, I'd agree with the others that have said that each character should have one exclusive. So two statues for each character, one standard and one exclusive.

Juggernaut
11-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Yeah...$10k would be the minimum Id consider. Truth is I dont want to sell it but I also have bills to pay so once numbers get that high its hard to say no.

If I may ask.
What's the highest you have been offered for the Cheetara prototype yet?

OuttaSight
11-20-2012, 05:37 PM
If I may ask.
What's the highest you have been offered for the Cheetara prototype yet?

I think it was $3500

Ex-Parrot
11-20-2012, 05:42 PM
My worries always boil down to two things, really.

Breakage - whether it be from bad packaging, or from using inferior or too hollow/too thin resin or polystone to cut costs.
Paint Quality - whether it be from sloppy paint application, cracking/flaking, or just completely lifeless and dull looking paints.

just as long as the final release versions don't suffer from either of those issues then personally I don't have much in the way of gripes. Personal preferences as far as artistic interpretations or whatever, sure, but not actual complaints, per se.

As for price and edition size, lower is always better in both cases, but as long as a good and reasonable balance is maintained, I don't get too hung up on such stuff. At the end of the day final quality is everything, to me at least.

I haven't done the poll because I'm waiting to see how Judge Dredd comes in. Please let it be good, as that was a hell of a chunk of change to lay down (+ international shipping to boot).

Hercules75
11-20-2012, 06:01 PM

You could easily get that on ebay with the right presentation/marketing (its all about understanding the psychology of the compulsive collector/hoarder) and a starting bid of 9000$ :sly2: I have no doubt the final bid will actually exceed 10K. There is quite a large number of collectors in this world and quite a few with very deep pockets

Quicksilver
11-20-2012, 06:11 PM
you could get your own statue(s) commissioned for 10K lol its a nice sculpt, but 10K is just insanity

chaggs1
11-20-2012, 07:23 PM

Also not enough pictures before approval by Capcom:waah:

Too many new lines started and Street fighter suffers

OuttaSight
11-20-2012, 08:30 PM

Also not enough pictures before approval by Capcom:waah:

Too many new lines started and Street fighter suffers

Street Fighter being slow falls on the shoulders on one thing...and it isnt the other lines.

Juggernaut
11-20-2012, 08:36 PM
I think it was $3500

Thanks for the info.

Mighty_Galactus
11-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Inconsistent levels of detail in the sculpts. The "smooth" look that (I assume, maybe incorrectly) comes from digital sculpts gives a little bit too cartoon of a vibe for me. Some parts (like Alex's shoes, for example) are very nicely detailed, so clearly this is a design choice, rather than any limitation of the process. I simply prefer a "grittier", more realistic sculpt.

Thank you for asking this though - I am interested enough in your products to consistently check the forums / collector sites for updates, even if I have only pulled the trigger on one (Lord Raptor). My impression of the customer service, communication, and dedication to quality that the company exhibits could not be higher.

Mighty_Galactus
11-20-2012, 09:13 PM
...oh, and the plain black bases. Even just adding a nameplate or logo would be a huge improvement, if fully sculpted bases aren't an option.

OuttaSight
11-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Inconsistent levels of detail in the sculpts. The "smooth" look that (I assume, maybe incorrectly) comes from digital sculpts gives a little bit too cartoon of a vibe for me. Some parts (like Alex's shoes, for example) are very nicely detailed, so clearly this is a design choice, rather than any limitation of the process. I simply prefer a "grittier", more realistic sculpt.

Thank you for asking this though - I am interested enough in your products to consistently check the forums / collector sites for updates, even if I have only pulled the trigger on one (Lord Raptor). My impression of the customer service, communication, and dedication to quality that the company exhibits could not be higher.

If I may ask, what is your review of Lord Raptor ?

Mighty_Galactus
11-20-2012, 11:07 PM
If I may ask, what is your review of Lord Raptor ?

Overall, I am happy with him. His paint apps are bright and very well applied. His pose is dynamic and his guitar is flat out fantastic (the flying V). Seriously, that thing is amazing. The base does not really match the statue or the persona - I have often thought of repainting it or sculpting some additions to it, such as a demon-head amp. Personally, I would have liked to see more detail in both paint and sculpt. The arms from the elbow down, the hair, the hands, the codpiece are all quite "flat". There is some great sculpt detail in the neck and upper body area, but the blue paint does more to hide it than accentuate it.

Granted, Lord Raptor is presented as an anime cartoon character or a sprite - neither of which are know for their fine and gritty detail, so clearly this was a stylistic choice.

These are not real complaints, just areas I would have done differently if I could have my ideal Lord Raptor statue. I am still glad I bought him.

Thanks for caring about my opinion.

Weapon XXX
11-20-2012, 11:51 PM
I only own 1 PCS piece. The Lion-O ex. Your MotU line will be my first real opportunity to collect a whole line from your company Jerry. I wanted to collect your SF line but space just made it impossible. I would just like to thank you for asking input from your customers. I wish SS would take a leaf out of your book.

derekrodneysim
11-21-2012, 01:39 AM

My impression of the customer service, communication, and dedication to quality that the company exhibits could not be higher.

...oh, and the plain black bases. Even just adding a nameplate or logo would be a huge improvement, if fully sculpted bases aren't an option.

What this man says right here! :goodpost: :iagree:

Gruson
11-21-2012, 02:09 AM
I actually love the "smooth" look of the earlier Street Fighter statues. Ken, Ryu, and Zangief just look perfect to me. Their faces even have a certain look too. Hoping we get others in that style too.

The Black simple bases are perfect too. Never cared for busy bases.

Spazzy
11-21-2012, 03:17 AM
I don't mind adding more to the base, I am ok with the plain black bases too, but please NO nameplates

I and I
11-21-2012, 04:27 AM
Please keep the black bases. In a dark cabinet they really help to draw the focus completely to the statues :D

GenoToys
11-21-2012, 04:58 AM
Black Bases really make the sculpt stand out...

Mighty_Galactus
11-21-2012, 11:55 AM
Black Bases really make the sculpt stand out...

I can see this point of view.

For me, I like the statue to be more of a scene - sort of a diorama. Bases like Mumm-Ra's (especially in the early proto pics with the wider base) really add to the piece and almost give it a little "story".

Gruson
11-21-2012, 12:41 PM
Exactly. Black bases bring all the attention to the statue itself. Plus it looks classier IMO.

borrelen
11-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Revisiting when you said you wouldn't and not keeping the edition sizes low enough to keep the entire line collectible.

If the revisits were fully sculpted, that would be okay, but revisiting 1/4 PFs is something you said you wouldn't do.

loricstone
11-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Exactly. Black bases bring all the attention to the statue itself. Plus it looks classier IMO.

No wonder why you like the MK Classics. :laugh:

I and I
11-21-2012, 03:25 PM
If the revisits were fully sculpted, that would be okay, but revisiting 1/4 PFs is something you said you wouldn't do.

Did he ever say it would be mixed media?

MrYac
11-21-2012, 03:38 PM

plus i like how it allows for the different gamnes to be displayed together, all the MK and SF pieces together with the black bases would look pretty damn cool when alls said and done

I and I
11-22-2012, 02:31 AM
You're forgetting the darkstalkers, they also got the same black bases :D

loricstone
11-22-2012, 03:00 AM
Hell, while we at it, why don't we just make Judge Dredd on a black base? Oh, how about MOTU on a black base? And......Judge Death on a black base. Why the hell don't we just put everything on a black base....:sly2:

derekrodneysim
11-22-2012, 08:44 AM
:laugh:

Yeah! Why don't we while we're at it?!! :rant:

Thing about black bases is that it's TOO GENERIC! Class is class but anyone can have a black base. What's gonna set a PCSC sculpt apart from company A and producer B? Keep it black, I'm fine with that, but maybe 'ghost' a logo or something or a well thought-out and executed base will complete the statue.

But who's gonna know it's a special PCS piece if they're all the same and no specific homage to a license?

gagaliya
11-29-2012, 02:01 PM
overall i am happy with PCS also jerry's customer service, it's one of the brand I respect very much due to their consistent attention & regards to edition size and standing behind their products when there are issues.

If i have to pick 1 thing that bothers me, i really do not like the way pcs does exclusives with just a different color uniform. Exclusive to me should be something special/extra for the die hard fans, who can proudly display them. This is in direct conflict with the desire for accuracy in PCS's case

For example, chun li is blue uniform that's what defines her character for the last decade. But here we are with the two exclusives being black & red uniform, that's not chun li! Same goes for darkchylde, she always wore red dress yet the exclusive painted her black. It made no sense, I want the exclusive yet also want accurate representation of the character, so it's a direct conflict of interest, and feels forced where pcs did the exclusive just for the sake of ex...

Sagat's exclusive with change of head and different pants etc.. is a step in the right direction. I hope we see more type of exclusive like those going forward and not different color uniforms that does not represent the character.