PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur 3 News

tom2323uk
07-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Hi,
i'm an avid fan of all the Soul Calibur games and was wondering if anyone had any newson what charecters there are for the third game? I so hope Cassandra and Sophitia stay, they're both my favorite people. Also is there a release date for the UK?

DDura711
07-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Is that a "Mad About You" Avatar?

J Storm
07-31-2005, 12:16 AM
I know which characters have been confirmed for Soul Calibur III. They are: Cassandra, Voldo, Raphael, Astaroth, Ivy, Mitsurugi, Taki, Zasalamel, Tira, and Setsuka. The last 3 are the new fighters & it's tentative release date is October 2005.

marvelboi77
07-31-2005, 12:26 AM
Ivy is my favorite character, I can't wait for #3.

tom2323uk
07-31-2005, 07:02 AM
Is that a "Mad About You" Avatar?

Yeah, i'm mad about 'Mad About You'.

Thank god Cassandras back. Also Ivy is great.

Sam Wilson
07-31-2005, 07:22 AM
The three new characters are a hottie with a hoop blade thingy, another chica with an umbrella/sword painted in kabuki makeup, and a huge brother with an axe who seems really big and really fast. Everyone else from the old game is in there as well. SC3 is going to be exclusive on playstation 2.

J Storm
08-03-2005, 11:20 PM
I found out that Necrid, the Mcfarlane created character, will not be in SC3. Also, if you heard rumors about Dante from the Devil May Cry series being a character is not true.

DDura711
08-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Best thing about the SC2 was the bonus charatures. Like Spawn in one, Link in another, & I forgot the other guy. But I think that was great marketing twist.

Sam Wilson
08-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Best thing about the SC2 was the bonus charatures. Like Spawn in one, Link in another, & I forgot the other guy. But I think that was great marketing twist.

It was heichi from tekken. Spawn was AWESOME in the x-box version for such a suck character.

I hope since SC3 is PS2 only they have some more characters from tekken.

J Storm
08-05-2005, 12:13 AM
It was heichi from tekken. Spawn was AWESOME in the x-box version for such a suck character.

I hope since SC3 is PS2 only they have some more characters from tekken.

I dont think they're crossing over characters in this one.

marvelboi77
08-07-2005, 12:35 AM
I just got the New EGM today... No crossed over characters. 2 new females and 1 new male character. The female with the sword and umbrella is for really good players she has a short reach and should be used to guard which opens up the other player for attack, her name is Setsuka. It says this Setsuka specialized in counterattacks. Her reach is rather short, but she's speedy. It's safe to say that she's aimed toward advanced players.

Tira " We call Tira's weapon the ring blade. She's a well rounded and able-bodied assassin, idal for the intermediate level player, and appears as though she's dancing when doing various moves.

Zasalamel "With tat deadly scythe he has in his hands, Zasalamel can pull opponents in or pusth them away. He's a well-balanced character who most anybody can handle.

Also if someone guards your attack to counter attack you, you can guard them and counter attack them. If they throw you in the air you can shift your weight in the air to avoid the attack when you fall.

boobhound
11-19-2005, 07:39 PM
i just got this (Cassandra and Sophitia stay) plus you can make your own characters and they are playable.........theyve added some and changed colors of some originals.................overall i give it an 8.5 on a scale of 10

SARPEDON
11-20-2005, 11:44 AM
heard they were making a version for x-box 360. is this true?

Miikael
11-20-2005, 06:50 PM
From what I'm seeing it appears to be a PlayStation2 exclusive. At least for now.