PDA

View Full Version : Master of the Universe Top 5 (2013) Pre orders

Goldenpanther
11-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Personally I love MOTU

and Skeletor is my all time favourite Villain and I would get 3 characters from Master's of the universe

With Jerry announcing he will make 5 pre orders in 2013 which ones will you like to see next week will add a poll like mortal combat and street fighter

Just so Jerry knows which fans want and who is more popular

I would like
He - man
Skeletor
and Trap Jaw

those are the Only 3 that I will collect but lets see your thoughts again there is like 40 odd characters so I can only list 20 please Vote

the ones you would like in 2013 for (Pre order)

Quest99
11-21-2012, 01:38 PM
Ohhhh...Man at arms is missing...hehe

Goldenpanther
11-21-2012, 01:39 PM

There is over 40 character's Lol :bawling:

johnclone
11-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Out of your list I picked 4

Skeletor
Sorceress
Trap Jaw
Evil Lyn

johnclone
11-21-2012, 01:41 PM

The extra Trap Jaw must have bumped him

Goldenpanther
11-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Out of your list I picked 4

Skeletor
Sorceress
Trap Jaw
Evil Lyn

Yes lets hope Trap Jaw is made third Honest mistake Lol ;)

testsubject25
11-21-2012, 02:18 PM
How in the **** are you going to have "Fangman" and not Man-At-Arms?!?! lol

loricstone
11-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Lol....I know right?

Hell I picked all of them! Hell dude, you could have had put in DooDoo man and I would have picked him too. It's MOTU for goodness sake! :p

Goldenpanther
11-21-2012, 02:23 PM

I watched Masters of the universe Long ago I only really remember Skeletor and Trap Jaw

Man At Arms hummmmmmmmm Missed that Guy - I couldnt of put all

:iagree:I do apologise ;)

testsubject25
11-21-2012, 02:51 PM
I watched Masters of the universe Long ago I only really remember Skeletor and Trap Jaw

Man At Arms hummmmmmmmm Missed that Guy - I couldnt of put all

:iagree:I do apologise ;)

:thumbs2:

MrYac
11-21-2012, 02:54 PM
who the hell is Fangman? anyway as i've said before only character i'd probably be 100% likely to buy is Keldor, but a good Skelly will be hard to resist, and as long as Orko is priced accordingly to his size i'll be all over him too. also King Hiss if done well (way more 200X then vintage as far as looks) he will also creep his way onto my "very probably" list

testsubject25
11-21-2012, 02:56 PM
who the hell is Fangman? anyway as i've said before only character i'd probably be 100% likely to buy is Keldor, but a good Skelly will be hard to resist, and as long as Orko is priced accordingly to his size i'll be all over him too

:laugh:

not gonna lie, had to look Fangman up... guess I need to hit up Netflix and reacquaint myself. :)

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110911030355/heman/images/7/7a/Fang_Man.jpg

testsubject25
11-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Man, I didn't even realize just how many of these that I would buy, if executed well, until I saw that list.

johnclone
11-21-2012, 03:26 PM

not gonna lie, had to look Fangman up... guess I need to hit up Netflix and reacquaint myself. :)

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110911030355/heman/images/7/7a/Fang_Man.jpg

pretty lame lol

nbr3bagshotrow
11-21-2012, 03:29 PM
He-Man on Battle Cat would be the only one I'd be interested in actually purchasing.

Do or do not
11-21-2012, 03:34 PM
I noticed Panthor is missing too :)

Goldenpanther
11-21-2012, 03:39 PM
He-Man on Battle Cat would be the only one I'd be interested in actually purchasing.

If Skeletor Gets Done Well . I will get him
Also Trap Jaw

But He - man and Battle cat are the only 2 I will get 100%

it will be interesting to see how Skeletor is executed .

akumalove
11-22-2012, 02:58 AM
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=121406&highlight=elimination+game&page=112

:)

Christina

Comicbookguy
11-22-2012, 04:04 AM
He man
Battle cat
She ra
Sorceress
Sketetor

Vracula
11-22-2012, 04:11 AM
These 2nd Rate charachers are ruining my childhood memory lol.

derekrodneysim
11-22-2012, 08:52 AM
I see what you're doing there with two Trap Jaw slots. Trying to corral Jerry into that corner eh :sly2:

testsubject25
11-22-2012, 10:31 AM
I see what you're doing there with two Trap Jaw slots. Trying to corral Jerry into that corner eh :sly2:

Two Trap Jaw, Fangman, and no Man-At-Arms. :thumbs2::hilarious:

Erihppas
11-22-2012, 10:42 AM
I voted for Teela! If I would have seen it was a multiple choice poll I would have also clicked on He-man. So you can add one vote for him. ;)

Erihppas
11-22-2012, 10:44 AM
By the looks of it this poll seems to indicate that PCS's MOTU line just might have the same fate as their Thundercats one: people just want the main characters and that's it.

Neon2102
11-22-2012, 01:12 PM
I'd happily buy:
He-man
Skeletor
Mer-man
Webstor
Stinkor
Ninjor
Kobra Khan
Tounge Lasher
King Hiss
Hordak
Beastman
Evil lynn
Horde members
Snake men
Two Bad

Goldenpanther
11-22-2012, 01:16 PM

I dont think its working -

But honestly it was a mistake had trap Jaw on my mind

:hi:

- my favourite character is skeletor anyway

equi-nox76
11-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Man-At-Arms + Stratos + Zodac first please.

gagaliya
11-22-2012, 03:44 PM
is jerry really doing a motu 1/4 statue series? Man that's very risky for him, it has about the same popularity as those cats statues....

Juggernaut
11-22-2012, 04:34 PM
I voted for Trap Jaw twice!

One of them should have been Man At Arms... Or Fisto.

I played alot with my Fisto as a kid. LOL.
Seriosly I realy did.

AstroWho
11-22-2012, 05:26 PM
I want Jitsu.

loricstone
11-23-2012, 02:55 AM
is jerry really doing a motu 1/4 statue series? Man that's very risky for him, it has about the same popularity as those cats statues....

Sorry gags...you are completely clueless on this topic. :confused:

Comicbookguy
11-25-2012, 02:00 AM
Jerry please give us sorceress and she rafter he man! Sex sells right?

MrYac
11-25-2012, 02:01 AM
she-rafter He-Man? now theres a variant i've never heard of

JoesphJ
11-25-2012, 04:20 AM
No love for Hordak?

Shoo
11-25-2012, 05:17 AM
One of them should have been Man At Arms... Or Fisto.

I played alot with my Fisto as a kid. LOL.
Seriosly I realy did.

Lol, so did I.

gagaliya
11-26-2012, 03:37 AM

i am? guess we will see how those sells if jerry decide to go for it.

GenoToys
11-26-2012, 03:40 AM
Idk.....He-man and Skeletor will sell like hot cakes....,but the others.......We'll see...
I can't wait for Skeletor though! :)

Erihppas
11-26-2012, 07:42 AM
Maybe He-man is more popular than Thundercats but nevertheless this poll is really showing that it's He-man and Skeletor first and then there are all the other characters which may be popular among some but there certainly aren't any real stand outs. Sure, Trap-jaw and Evil-lyn are a bit more popular than others but even they are far behind the two main characters...

It's Thundercats all over again, it seems.

testsubject25
11-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Maybe He-man is more popular than Thundercats but nevertheless this poll is really showing that it's He-man and Skeletor first and then there are all the other characters which may be popular among some but there certainly aren't any real stand outs. Sure, Trap-jaw and Evil-lyn are a bit more popular than others but even they are far behind the two main characters...

yes... total shocker that the main villain and the main hero of a series just happen to be the characters people want in hand first! :laugh:

Erihppas
11-26-2012, 09:27 AM
yes... total shocker that the main villain and the main hero of a series just happen to be the characters people want in hand first! :laugh:

I think you are wrong and that it's not just that people want them first it's that they only want them. The majority at least. I think.

testsubject25
11-26-2012, 10:45 AM
I think you are wrong and that it's not just that people want them first it's that they only want them. The majority at least. I think.

Just bustin your chops :), but I disagree, and I'll tell you why. I think what happened with Thundercats was a little different. I think going with the Thundercats team after Mummra and Lion-O was a slight misstep. While Tygra looked cool, I just don't think he and the rest of the team is as visually interesting as a lot of the MotU characters. Had PCS gone with another villain after Mummra, I think we could be having a different conversation. I also think that MotU is a much more popular license. Just my opinion! :)

Erihppas
11-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Just bustin your chops :), but I disagree, and I'll tell you why. I think what happened with Thundercats was a little different. I think going with the Thundercats team after Mummra and Lion-O was a slight misstep. While Tygra looked cool, I just don't think he and the rest of the team is as visually interesting as a lot of the MotU characters. Had PCS gone with another villain after Mummra, I think we could be having a different conversation. I also think that MotU is a much more popular license. Just my opinion! :)

Yeah... That green, lizard-like villain from TCats is pretty cool looking. But if PCS released that guy as a statue now I don't know how much money I'd put on it selling out. Just a feeling I have.

And like I said while He-man is perhaps more popular...the poll has spoken, I feel.

We'll see how it goes. :thinking:

chunkster702
11-26-2012, 12:31 PM
He-Man and Skeletor should not be included in the poll because they are a sure thing.

If this line had only six statues, the other four I would like to see be made are Man At Arms, Teela, Evil Lyn and Beastman.

3 Heroes, 3 Villians

http://monkeyblogmonkeydo.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/skeletor-evil-lyn-beast-man.jpg

http://www.thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/teelamasters.jpg

Good representation for the MOTU license. I definitely would buy them all.

Frankierock
11-26-2012, 12:40 PM

:goodpost:

Frankierock
11-26-2012, 12:50 PM

i am? guess we will see how those sells if jerry decide to go for it.

I agree with Lori on this Gag's...Thundercats was NEVER as popular as He-man...in the 80's it was MOTU, Transformers and GiJoe...those are the top 3...Thunbdercats was a great series, but again the following was not even a close 2nd. So you are way off. Till this day MOTU sells, just look at the new classics line,and then look at the new Thundercats line started last X-mas (if it still exists)...Nuff Said

loricstone
11-26-2012, 02:33 PM

Its the same for every license ER. Marvel is the same (Hulk, Cap, Spiderman, Wolverine, Iron Man).

DC is the same way (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman)

MK is the same way (Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Shao Kahn)

MOTU is the same thing. All licenses have the most popular characters that most would want most. That doesn't say that they do not want any of the other characters.

Let me give you an example: Skeletor is far from my favorite MOTU character, but guess who would be my top three charcters? He-Man, Skeletor, Fisto.

People try to read into things that just aren't there.

loricstone
11-26-2012, 02:35 PM

Exactly....its like that for EVERY license. Who doesn't want Ryu and Ken and Chun-Li first? I mean come on.:stick:

Erihppas
11-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Its the same for every license ER. Marvel is the same (Hulk, Cap, Spiderman, Wolverine, Iron Man).

MOTU is the same thing. All licenses have the most popular characters that most would want most. That doesn't say that they do not want any of the other characters.

Let me give you an example: Skeletor is far from my favorite MOTU character, but guess who would be my top three charcters? He-Man, Skeletor, Fisto.

Ok. I'm curious to see the first statues then. That is if it actually happens as I don't think it's been officially announced yet?

testsubject25
11-26-2012, 04:43 PM

There he goes again, plugging for that Fisto! :D

biglebowski9999
11-26-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm starting to get annoyed that Man-E-Faces never gets any love on these lists. He is becoming my Fisto! :laugh:

testsubject25
11-26-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm starting to get annoyed that Man-E-Faces never gets any love on these lists. He is becoming my Fisto! :laugh:

Man-E-Fistos :laugh:

Erihppas
11-26-2012, 07:42 PM
It's late so I thought it said "Her-man" instead of He-man, just now. I thought it was funny. :laugh:

Ryu
11-26-2012, 07:44 PM
no man-at-arms?

Erihppas
11-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Hen-man is going to pick at you! lol... I should get some sleep. ;)

johnclone
11-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Trap Jaw is in third place, with 31 votes so far. Remember he is listed twice.

fourth - the sexy Evil Lyn
fifth - Beast Man

a lot of my top ten pics were not even in the voting at all, like Leech and Hordak.

Least favorite with .00000001% chance of ever being made again in any form is Fangman.

Second least favorite, King Randor. Three people voted for him so far.

MONSTER
11-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Top 5 works for me. Release them in that order and this line is a hit!

loricstone
11-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Trap Jaw is in third place, with 31 votes so far. Remember he is listed twice.

fourth - the sexy Evil Lyn
fifth - Beast Man

a lot of my top ten pics were not even in the voting at all, like Leech and Hordak.

Least favorite with .00000001% chance of ever being made again in any form is Fangman.

Second least favorite, King Randor. Three people voted for him so far.

That's why Matty will be releasing him in 1st quarter of next year. And during the showing of all the new figures, Fangman got a pretty good size ovation from the crowd and Power Con. Fangman is a cool character, but even I admit he is not a character I would make into a decent size edition. This is a special character that Jerry could do as a real, limited exclusive of say 50.

But even I must admit, I wouldn't even think about Fangman until MOTU statue line hopefully becomes a hit and tons of statues of other more popular characters have been done.

I for one would love to see Shadoweaver, Hordak, Bow, and Mantenna way, way, way before I see Fangman.

johnclone
11-26-2012, 08:30 PM
I think Hordak is overdone as a figure, but man would he kick ass in 1/5 or 1/4 scale statue form.

loricstone
11-26-2012, 08:48 PM
I agree 100% jc. In fact, I think he should be made before Skeletor.

loricstone
11-26-2012, 08:57 PM
In fact let me add more characters....

This list has been bugging the hell out of me.

1)Buzz-Off
2)Man-at-Arms
3)Mekaneck
4)Jitsu
5)Moss Man
6)Hordak
7)Leech
8)Bow
9)Fisto :D
10)Man-e-Faces
11)Webstor
12)Shadowweaver
13)Grizzlor
14)Whiplash
15)Clawful
16)Zodac (regular) Brown Skin version (Ex.)
17)Vikor (the true Conan)
18)Mosquitor
19)Roboto
20)Scareglow

This is in addition to the list already shown. But so many were omitted. I would buy each and every one of these...easily. :flash:

testsubject25
11-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Top 5 works for me. Release them in that order and this line is a hit!

100% agree man!

frnek
11-26-2012, 09:54 PM
Only He-Man for me :)

Angie
11-28-2012, 08:12 AM
Why is Hordak missing from the poll?

testsubject25
11-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Why is Hordak missing from the poll?

two Trap Jaw's, no Man-At-Arms, No Hordak. I demand a recount! :laugh:

johnclone
11-28-2012, 08:43 AM
That's why Matty will be releasing him in 1st quarter of next year. And during the showing of all the new figures, Fangman got a pretty good size ovation from the crowd and Power Con. Fangman is a cool character, but even I admit he is not a character I would make into a decent size edition. This is a special character that Jerry could do as a real, limited exclusive of say 50.

But even I must admit, I wouldn't even think about Fangman until MOTU statue line hopefully becomes a hit and tons of statues of other more popular characters have been done.

I for one would love to see Shadoweaver, Hordak, Bow, and Mantenna way, way, way before I see Fangman.

I saw a picture of the "new" improved Fangman, definitely looks a lot better than previous version

Spazzy
11-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Trap jaw
Skeletor
Teela
Evil lyn
Not listed man e faces
Are my top 5
He man could be # 6

Spazzy
11-28-2012, 02:37 PM
I really hope the sales are here I am sure at least 3-4 will get made, but trying to be realistic the Neca statues were outstanding but only a handful made it the sales dropped and the line was cancelled. Lets not forget the TC line ( yes not as popular but there definitely was interest) I hope people aren't just blowing smoke and will be there to order when ready.

loricstone
11-28-2012, 04:25 PM
I really hope the sales are here I am sure at least 3-4 will get made, but trying to be realistic the Neca statues were outstanding but only a handful made it the sales dropped and the line was cancelled. Lets not forget the TC line ( yes not as popular but there definitely was interest) I hope people aren't just blowing smoke and will be there to order when ready.

See Spazzy before you make this comment you need to understand the reasons why the line stopped from The Four Horsemen. Once you find that out, it becomes understandable as to why it did not do as well as it should.

Firstly, you have to look at the intention of the Four Horsemen. The 4H biggest passion is the action figure. Just for other peoples information, the 4H did some of the best work on McFarlane's Spawn and other figures in the Spawn action figure line before they got into the 200X Masters of the Universe. They had a little history (bio) up on their website a long time ago about how they got into MOTU and DC action figures. But anyways, the statue line was more of an afterthought. They decided to make a He-Man for one of the cons and it garnered attention and from there they decided to make Skeletor. Skeletor became popular amongst the MOTU crowd that there was clamoring for more characters seeing how awesome the Skeletor was. There was never any big intention to make a huge line of characters in statue form at 1/5 scale.

Secondly and more importantly, three things really hampered this 1/5 line of MOTU statues.

1)Cost - I remember on the 4H website they had made mention numerous times how expensive it was to make these statues and stactions (that can be explained another day why that line ended). To curb the cost, they made pretty big edition sizes for all their statues. The number for Clawful was 750 and trap Jaw I believe was 1000. This was years ago keep in mind. The Skeletor had a much lower edition size and it sold out and went for good money on the aftermarket. During this time, SS edition sizes were low in comparison and there was much more collectibility with their line.

2)Lack of Advertisement - Honestly, I didn't even know about the MOTU statues until I happened (the operative word) to see a He-Man statue from the Con in one of the stores in Pasadena, CA. I inquired about it, as I never saw it before. Well, after that, I tracked down and researched all I could to find out about them, which led me to the 4H and all the work they had done prior to MOTU. Tri-Klops was actually my first MOTU statue, and it was phenomenal and I was hooked. But the fact I was collecting statues at the time and never heard anything about MOTU statues shows just how little press or talk there was.

3)Shoddy Packaging (yes Jerry, they did shoddy before you thought about it...so don't feel too bad) and poor QC (especially with Trap Jaw and Clawful).
I've said it before, and I will say it again. You CANNOT sell a customer an expensive product and ship it in sh!ttY packaging. It just doesn't work, and it lends itself to people viewing a company as CHEAP!!! The styrofoam was crumbly and cheap as hell. When I got my Clawful, I was so worried because he was heavy as hell, and he was poking through the styrofoam. In terms of QC, the Trap Jaw had quite a few paint issues. I was one of the fortunate ones to get a perfect Trap Jaw. I remember going to He-Man.org and reading post upon post how the QC on Trappy was just horrid. This turned a lot of people off the line for the amount of money they were paying $300 for 1/5. So all you people that complain about SS now, you need to look at this line first. SS is pretty fair with their prices (at least they were).

So when you look at all these issues, not to mention the main issue being the MOTUC line was being kicked around at this time, you can see why this line was doomed from the beginning.

PCSC has a great foundation to do MOTU due to a few factors: 1)Great resume of statues of popular licensed lines; 2)Much more limited run of statues for bigger at similar prices; 3)Advertising and distribution (something 4H lacked greatly) through SS and other word of mouth on the internet; 4)MOTUC is in the eye and minds of many currently and is doing extremely well; 5)High quality (or better packaging) than previous 4H statues; 6)Great sculpting and solid QC (hey, the eyes and crap eating mouth of Chun-li is Capcom's buffoonery).

I've seen a couple chime in with concerns of Jerry doing MOTU statues. There is a market for MOTU statues of high quality, especially at the low edition runs Jerry wants to do. If 300/150 runs of Kitana is any indication of a popular character, MOTU definitely has more potential to excel even far more than MK and SF. MOTU fans are hardcore fans. I know, cause I can attest to that. As much as I love MK, MOTU blows it out of the stratosphere in terms of want. The only license that destroys MOTU is the greatest license in the history of the world as far as I am concerned, and that is the almighty Transfomers. Thats it! For others, it might be GI Joe or Looney Toons. Outside of those I can't think of anything bigger and more loved than MOTU.

This line will do well if the sculpts and paints are top notch.

bebohawk
11-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Skeletor
Evil lyn
Mer-man
He-man
Sy-klone or Buzz-off

Big Hulk
11-28-2012, 05:30 PM
I honestly can't believe Orko isn't getting a lot of love. I really hope he gets made, if he doesn't myself and my daughter will be very upset.

johnclone
11-28-2012, 10:55 PM
you can always commission someone to do Orko, seems it wouldn't be difficult to create him. If Orko is considered I hope it isn't as a stand alone piece, but maybe an add on for another character statue. Like He Man.

MrYac
11-29-2012, 01:50 AM
you can always commission someone to do Orko, seems it wouldn't be difficult to create him. If Orko is considered I hope it isn't as a stand alone piece, but maybe an add on for another character statue. Like He Man.

thats the same crap that made my SDCC Orko cost double that of a normal figure, because they bundled him in with a damn Prince Adam, don't make me pay more for a smaller character if all i want is the little guy.

loricstone
11-29-2012, 02:13 AM
How much did you pay? I bought mine, and can get Orko now for $30.

MrYac
11-29-2012, 02:54 AM
ok, maybe not quite double, but he was more then a standard figure instead of being less then one, which is my point :p

Dark69
11-29-2012, 03:17 AM
who's She-Rah? is she the Faker to She-Ra?

furycat
11-29-2012, 10:19 AM
is this going to be like thundercat?

loricstone
11-29-2012, 04:17 PM
NO!!!! I can tell you that already! Why? Because there are many characters in MOTU that are mainstays and popular....unlike TCats that only have a few. IN MOTU there are many, and I am not talking about Fisto here.

Frankierock
11-29-2012, 04:30 PM
NO!!!! I can tell you that already! Why? Because there are many characters in MOTU that are mainstays and popular....unlike TCats that only have a few. IN MOTU there are many, and I am not talking about Fisto here.

I Second that !!!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/claw519/fisto.jpg

testsubject25
11-29-2012, 04:33 PM
I Second that !!!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i63/claw519/fisto.jpg

:hilarious:

biglebowski9999
12-01-2012, 03:50 PM

MrYac
12-01-2012, 05:10 PM

there are plenty of mainstays in the T-Cats, and even still they never even got as far down as the b-listers so that argument is doubly invalid

Big Hulk
12-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Honestly I think the reason the Thundercat line ended was release schedule. If Jerry would have put up either Panthro or Cheetara up instead of Tygra the line would still be living if you ask me.

Big Hulk
12-01-2012, 08:22 PM

No way. Orko is someone that is essential to MOTU. He needs his own statue and I think Jerry will do so.

StatueBandit
12-01-2012, 09:30 PM
My picks are

1 - HE-MAN
2 - Teela
3 - Skeletor
4 - Evil-Lyn

Blacksunn
12-01-2012, 10:16 PM
My picks are:

Skelator
Panthor
He-Man
BattleCat

And Jerry,, If you could release Slythe and Panthro for the ThunderCats PUHLEEEASE!!!! :)

loricstone
12-01-2012, 10:48 PM
there are plenty of mainstays in the T-Cats, and even still they never even got as far down as the b-listers so that argument is doubly invalid

Like who? You and I both now that the mainstays are the four cats (Lion-O, Cheetara, Panthro, Tygra) and then Mumm Ra.

Who the hell is Slythe? Is he that Silver costumed character on rollerblades?

See that's what I'm talking about. Oh...maybe he is that green skinned lizard? Not sure......sorry T-Cats fans, outside of the big 5, I don't know anyone else except Wily Kit and Kat.

testsubject25
12-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Like who? You and I both now that the mainstays are the four cats (Lion-O, Cheetara, Panthro, Tygra) and then Mumm Ra.

See that's what I'm talking about. Oh...maybe he is that green skinned lizard? Not sure......sorry T-Cats fans, outside of the big 5, I don't know anyone else except Wily Kit and Kat.

That's alright, No Panthro for us, No Fisto for you. It's a wash!

MrYac
12-01-2012, 10:59 PM

see thats just not true, theres no way in hell any of the main mutants (Slythe especilly) are any less known then 90% of the He-Man crew, you think anybody outside the die hards knows who the hell Fisto, Roboto, Tounge Lasher or hell i bet you'd be hard pressed to find anybody that could correctly name Beastman that isn't a die hard

testsubject25
12-01-2012, 11:05 PM
see thats just not true, theres no way in hell any of the main mutants (Slythe especilly) are any less known then 90% of the He-Man crew, you think anybody outside the die hards knows who the hell Fisto, Roboto, Tounge Lasher or hell i bet you'd be hard pressed to find anybody that could correctly name Beastman that isn't a die hard

I agree with the Slythe thing. If you know Buzz Off's name, you know Slythe's name. :laugh:

loricstone
12-02-2012, 01:16 AM
That's alright, No Panthro for us, No Fisto for you. It's a wash!

No, because the difference is, there are sooo many great MOTU characters, that I can do without him.

loricstone
12-02-2012, 01:18 AM

Fisto and Roboto are not obscure characters. Tounge Lasher I can see as more obscure.

loricstone
12-02-2012, 01:19 AM
I agree with the Slythe thing. If you know Buzz Off's name, you know Slythe's name. :laugh:

I know his name..I just don't know what the hell he looks like. :p

MrYac
12-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Fisto and Roboto are not obscure characters. Tounge Lasher I can see as more obscure.

not to you, just as there are quite a few T-Cats secondaries that are not obscure to plenty of people. not arguing that He-Man has doesn't have more of a secondary cast, but to say T-Cats doesn't have more then 4 "names" is just silly

loricstone
12-02-2012, 01:31 AM
I didn't say that Mr. Yac. But its pretty common knowledge that MOTU is a MUCH bigger franchise / license than T-CATS.

That's not to disrespect the T-CATS mind you. I like them too. In fact that Mumm-Ra is quite an unbelieveable statue. I admire it every time I go to Frank and Sons Collectibles. I marvelled at it again today at the same vendor that has it in his display case.