PDA

View Full Version : PCS Black M.Bison

Deadking92
11-25-2012, 03:23 AM
Hi guys,
Need a quick opinion. Im getting an offer for a brand new m.bison the black version for $379. Should I buy it or not, the reason for this is there has been really mixed opnions on this piece from what I have seen. Or should I just get the regular one since that one reflects the original colors. Please the offer ends in 6 hours so it would help.:sos:

s_paulik87
11-25-2012, 03:45 AM
The only Bison I would get would be the black version. I was going to get one for around that but then all the MK stuff came around and took it's place.

Loops
11-25-2012, 03:52 AM
Other people's opinions should not factor into whether you buy this or not (Or any statue). Going down that road will waste a lot of your money. Trust me, I know.

Instead buy it if you like it - if you like the character and the sculpt itself. If you don't, then pass and save or use that money on something you do actually like.

Ripsnorta
11-25-2012, 04:11 AM
:goodpost:

If you like it get it!!!

JoesphJ
11-25-2012, 04:18 AM
I've seen it in person and it looks awful. You can see his skin tone through the black fabric. I thought the wrong fabric was used because he used a stretchy material. The aftershave paint application on him was bad too. Get the red version if you must buy a Bison.

jye318
11-25-2012, 04:50 AM
Great statue and its sold out, get it before is too late

I and I
11-25-2012, 06:49 AM
I don't have any problems with the fabric choice whatsoever... but you have to decide for yourself if you want it.

Here's the link to my review with pictures of the M. Bison exclusive:
All right, if you live, you're in ( http://dimic.ikaryas.nl/2011/review/all-right-if-you-live-you%e2%80%99re-in/)

http://dimic.ikaryas.nl/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/DSC04365.jpg

chunkster702
11-25-2012, 07:06 AM
If you're only getting one, go for the Regular Classic Color.

I agree with most that the clothes are too thin, cheap and baggy.

M.Bison is my favorite character too. Played him since SF Championship edition.

Joppula
11-25-2012, 07:30 AM
I love my Bison Ex. The stubble paint is ONLY on his cheeks and mouth were it belongs.

The fabric looks and wears great. But can appear thin if you point super bright light at it.

Awesome sculpt with tons of display options!

I change mine around all the time.

Massive statue. Def should buy:)

Rokdweller
11-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Bison is a great statue. As noted he has more display options than any other PCS SF release. Excellent sculpt. Better fabric would really have knocked this one out of the park. Used to see the EX routinely selling on ebay for about $300. Those seem to have dried up. Both black and red are well worth having if you like them. In a few years you will not find him at these prices.

equi-nox76
11-25-2012, 04:43 PM
If the fabric on Bison was better, he already would be a sought after piece, I'm 100% sure about that.
Because all the rest is PERFECTION and he is soooo solid!!

premium_substit
11-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Bison is indeed an awesome statue.. 2 stand-out portraits.. From memory I think Jerry included the 'serious' ('straight' faced) portrait due to fans requesting it, but the "grinning" portrait is a personal favourite of mine.
With all the cheap Bisons that were to be had earlier this year, I'm surprised no1 picked up another to customise his suit.. of course that would involve tailoring.. also it may not show the muscle definition as well.. the "weak point" of this statue is the fabric, but in all fairness I believe PCS went with this so we could see the musculature (body shape) outlined through the fabric, and it does not bother me in person