PDA

View Full Version : Would you do this trade? Is it a fair trade?

RyanGabriel
12-14-2012, 02:00 AM
PCS EX Alex for PCS EX Reptile?

Thanks

EnShinNoi
12-14-2012, 02:05 AM
I'm unsure where they stand currently but in the long run, I'm fairly confident PCS Ex Alex will be worth much more.

s_paulik87
12-14-2012, 02:09 AM
:thinking: I think it's a good trade. But it really depends how much you like either character. The main reason Alex might be worth a lot in the future is his low ES. There is also a regular version of him along with the EX.

On the other hand Reptile is a much more known character, and there is only 1 version of him with an ES of 150 total. It all depends on the fan bases of Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat though.

GenoToys
12-14-2012, 02:10 AM
I disagree w/ Enshinnoi...One reason...There is a Regular Alex...There is only one Reptile....Alex Ex will be rare, and valuable, but once more MK Klassics are released Reptile will be sought out. ppl only have one option Reptile EX or Nothing.

MrYac
12-14-2012, 02:11 AM
i'm with Geno, at the end of the day there are less Reptiles in the world, he's the first MK klassic release AND lets be honest he's a hell of a lot more popular then Alex

AllThatExist666
12-14-2012, 04:49 AM
175 alex plus 10 AP = 185
50 Alex EX 10 AP = 60
Total = 245

Reptile 150 + 10 AP total =160

Smooth Criminal
12-14-2012, 04:58 AM
reptile will be worth more in long run i think, plus reptiles more popular to his franchise then alex is to his!

jye318
12-14-2012, 05:02 AM
fair trade cause reptile is the first classic mk statue.

Leckske
12-14-2012, 05:24 AM
I disagree w/ Enshinnoi...One reason...There is a Regular Alex...There is only one Reptile....Alex Ex will be rare, and valuable, but once more MK Klassics are released Reptile will be sought out. ppl only have one option Reptile EX or Nothing.

+1

EnShinNoi
12-14-2012, 05:34 AM
We'll see......

There's a few reasons behind my belief of Alex ex being worth more later on.

Street Fighter is the more popular franchise, it always has been. For this reason alone I don't think the MK Klassic line will rise to the heights of the Street Fighter line.
When all is said and done, there'll be at least 4 ninjas looking very similar to one another. That makes each, including Reptile, seem a little dull.
I think Alex is a nicer looking statue. The mixed media aspect is far more effective.
I agree on Reptile being the more popular character but 50 < 150 and for ES junkies and completists, that's a big deal.

dao2
12-14-2012, 11:55 AM
At the moment I think the perceived value could be similar... Since there really isn't a set one it's kind of up in the air. The more important aspect would be which character do you like more... If you want Alex keep Alex, if you want Reptile get Reptile :|

Ricky Bobby
12-14-2012, 03:06 PM
Shin Alex is the way to go bud :buttrock:

MrYac
12-14-2012, 03:16 PM
i think another factor in reptiles favor is that it's reptile in his known form, not just a repaint

jasong888
12-14-2012, 03:20 PM
i think it's as close to a fair trade as you can get. both are pretty rare, although if i think the scale tips a bit more in reptile's favor for the reasons previously addressed. so really it's a matter of personal interest. do you like SF or MK more? is it for your collection or for investment?

wvg9250
12-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Shin Alex is the way to go bud :buttrock:

I am with you :buttrock:

Comicbookguy
12-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Reptile can be remade in the other mk series, but Alex not anytime soon.

GenoToys
12-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Reptile can be remade in the other mk series, but Alex not anytime soon.

Good point.

He's part of the MK ninjas...some people might not collect the whole Klassic line, but the ninjas are the posterboys for MK....once sub-zero is released, people will want reptile too....

I love Street Fighter! but I'm fine passing Alex...That's why I did...even though now I regret it..lol

MrYac
12-14-2012, 03:39 PM
I love Street Fighter! but I'm fine passing Alex...That's why I did...even though now I regret it..lol

exactly, and it's not even passing on Alex so much on passing on a random color of Alex, not even his signature look

RyanGabriel
12-14-2012, 05:29 PM
I made the thread more on curiosity as I remember somebody did offer his PCS EX Sagat for reptile. I'm just wondering if they would do the same with EX Alex. I do have the Regular Alex on PO. Either way I good to go with Alex.

BornFreeSF
12-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Whilst my heart is with Street Fighter I think Reptile will be worth more in the long run.......unless they bring Alex back to the franchise in the rumored SF4 2013 update...

Either way Sagat is better than both :p

Sagat PCS EX > Reptile PCS EX > Alex PCS EX

GenoToys
12-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Whilst my heart is with Street Fighter I think Reptile will be worth more in the long run.......unless they bring Alex back to the franchise in the rumored SF4 2013 update...

:goodpost: ....Can't wait for Sagat!

MrYac
12-14-2012, 06:37 PM
i still disagree with you on Sagat, PJs sagat is hardly the must have version of the character

Comicbookguy
12-14-2012, 06:56 PM
i still disagree with you on Sagat, PJs sagat is hardly the must have version of the character

Yes agree...

Mamba
12-14-2012, 07:21 PM

I agree and disagree.

I agree sculpt wise Sagat statue is better (MUCH BETTER) than Reptile and Alex.

But to me Sagat Sideshow EX > Sagat PCS EX.

Sagat PCS EX, Reptile PCS EX and Alex PCS EX are more desirable because of their low ES.

If they all have the same ES as Sagat Sideshow EX (350), there is no way those statues will sell out faster than Sagat Sideshow EX, just sayin.

Mamba
12-14-2012, 07:23 PM

I could not agree more, to me Sagat MUST wear a short pant, why cover those beautiful legs :D

Again the low ES make it more desirable thus somehow better for some.

madmanny
12-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Would much rather have a reptile ex AP..........wait i do :)

Goldenpanther
12-14-2012, 07:29 PM
I agree and disagree.

I agree sculpt wise Sagat statue is better (MUCH BETTER) than Reptile and Alex.

But to me Sagat Sideshow EX > Sagat PCS EX.

Sagat PCS EX, Reptile PCS EX and Alex PCS EX are more desirable because of their low ES.

If they all have the same ES as Sagat Sideshow EX (350), there is no way those statues will sell out faster than Sagat Sideshow EX, just sayin.

I think the Sagat PCS ex - will be more valuble in the long run
But sagat SS exclusive is the Best street fighter statue done by PCS-
Akuma coming in as a second -

but its not a question which one will be more value in the long run its which franchise you like better

if you like street fighter and want Alex - without paying money for him than swap for the reptile

But if you like MK more than dont -
you should not buy a statue for the low ES - just to make a buck in a few years time -
you should buy characters you love and for years you want to check them out

Sure its great to sell statues downline and buy newer ones that come out for space or you like the new stuff coming out -
But back to the point both of them are on pre order so at this point its which one you like more Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter -

if I had a Alex ex I wudnt swap it for Reptile because I like SF Alot more -
:thumbs2:

Mamba
12-14-2012, 07:46 PM
I think the Sagat PCS ex - will be more valuble in the long run
But sagat SS exclusive is the Best street fighter statue done by PCS-
Akuma coming in as a second -

Lower ES does not always mean higher value such as zangief regular > zangief exclusive and Ryu Regular > Evil Ryu, I think same thing could happen with Sagat, SS EX will worth more than PCS EX in the long run IMO.

I agree with you with the part that I bold :thumbs2:

Goldenpanther
12-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Lower ES does not always mean higher value such as zangief regular > zangief exclusive and Ryu Regular > Evil Ryu, I think same thing could happen with Sagat, SS EX will worth more than PCS EX in the long run IMO.

I agree with you with the part that I bold :thumbs2:

:thumbs2:
you have a solid point brother

Batminator
12-14-2012, 08:19 PM
There are (atleast) two ways to determine if this is a good trade:

1) comparing value: we don't know yet
2) not looking at value, which do you like best?

BornFreeSF
12-14-2012, 08:21 PM
Lol, this conversation is getting weird because of all the different versions.

I agree Sagat SS EX > Sagat PCS EX. I had picked Sagat PCS EX to keep the comparison between all PCS EXs.

Let me rephrase it. The following includes Regs, SS EXs, and PCS EXs.

SAGAT > REPTILE > ALEX

Also, AKUMA > SAGAT ;)
Discuss.
:muahaha:

BornFreeSF
12-14-2012, 08:23 PM
There are (atleast) two ways to determine if this is a good trade:

1) comparing value: we don't know yet
2) not looking at value, which do you like best?

It has to be number 1.
But we are "predicting" based on what we think we know. Make sense? Good :thumbs2:

Batminator
12-14-2012, 08:24 PM
I didn't argue with your guessing, I was just stating the methods to decide :)

Edit: and it doesn't have to be option number 1. It depends on your style of collecting. Of course the more economic option is number 1, though.

marvelboi77
12-14-2012, 08:27 PM
All that matters this early in the game is which one do you want more.

Goldenpanther
12-14-2012, 08:31 PM
Lol, this conversation is getting weird because of all the different versions.

I agree Sagat SS EX > Sagat PCS EX. I had picked Sagat PCS EX to keep the comparison between all PCS EXs.

Let me rephrase it. The following includes Regs, SS EXs, and PCS EXs.

SAGAT > REPTILE > ALEX

Also, AKUMA > SAGAT ;)
Discuss.
:muahaha:

Akuma is a cooler character in general Mark in the SF universe (Kinda the best fighter - But Ryu is better LOL)
But Sagat SS is a better depiction of a Street fighter character
The sculpt is a grail -
When Akuma is redone than He might be better But right now he Ranks in second Position
Just like how he is second in the SF universe and you know who NUmber 1 is

RYU !!!!!!!!!!

BornFreeSF
12-14-2012, 08:34 PM
I didn't argue with your guessing, I was just stating the methods to decide :)

Edit: and it doesn't have to be option number 1. It depends on your style of collecting. Of course the more economic option is number 1, though.

I hear you. And I think it's an important distinction for the basis of a debate.

It just feels like number 1 is likely (hopefully) to be based on logic. Like it's possible to come to a consensus.

Number 2 is all of us just saying "I like it because blah blah". You can't really debate number 2 in a sound manner because it's personal.

Also this thread was started in reference to a trade, so we are talking about market value as opposed to personal value.

AllThatExist666
12-14-2012, 08:36 PM
SS Sagat regular =400
SS Sagat EX= 350
PCS Sagat = 85 any AP ? Not sure

Reptile klassic 150 + 10 AP = 160

ALEX Regular 175 +10 AP= 185
ALEX EX 50 + 10 AP = 60

SCULPT & POPULARITY = DEBATABLE

WHO WINS EASY AKUMA ALWAYS WINS LOL

BornFreeSF
12-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Akuma is a cooler character in general Mark in the SF universe (Kinda the best fighter - But Ryu is better LOL)
But Sagat SS is a better depiction of a Street fighter character
The sculpt is a grail -
When Akuma is redone than He might be better But right now he Ranks in second Position
Just like how he is second in the SF universe and you know who NUmber 1 is

RYU !!!!!!!!!!

Sagat is number 2 as a sculpt IMO.
I'm not even talking about my love for the character. I have a lot of love for Sagat (please nobody take this last sentence out of context :laugh:)
As a piece of art, as a sculpt, Akuma is just mind blowing.
Akuma is the "grail of grails"!
:jedidual:

Goldenpanther
12-14-2012, 08:42 PM
SS Sagat regular =400
SS Sagat EX= 350
PCS Sagat = 85 any AP ? Not sure

Reptile klassic 150 + 10 AP = 160

ALEX Regular 175 +10 AP= 185
ALEX EX 50 + 10 AP = 60

SCULPT & POPULARITY = DEBATABLE

WHO WINS EASY AKUMA ALWAYS WINS LOL

Its not about how many are made which makes the execution of a statue a grail -

doesnt mean it has a low number its better
Is green Lanter - better than Batman

the only reason why Sagat or any PCS piece has more is Now at present there is a much bigger Fan base and demand for the statues - yet 5 years ago PCS was just starting out and Jerry always wanted collectibles to be collectibles . Im sure now with more and more licences even making it a couple 100 it will still sell out because the company is more establish and SF gets popular as time goes by

Sagat SS sculpt IS better Made - than Akuma -

Goldenpanther
12-14-2012, 08:44 PM
Sagat is number 2 as a sculpt IMO.
I'm not even talking about my love for the character. I have a lot of love for Sagat (please nobody take this last sentence out of context :laugh:)
As a piece of art, as a sculpt, Akuma is just mind blowing.
Akuma is the "grail of grails"!
:jedidual:

Akuma - is a Grail For sure
Im simply saying that Sagat was designed better -
And looks more like the Character -

Akuma is a work of Art -
But his being knocked out By a tiger Knee :thumbs2:

AllThatExist666
12-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Its not about how many are made which makes the execution of a statue a grail -

doesnt mean it has a low number its better
Is green Lanter - better than Batman

the only reason why Sagat or any PCS piece has more is Now at present there is a much bigger Fan base and demand for the statues - yet 5 years ago PCS was just starting out and Jerry always wanted collectibles to be collectibles . Im sure now with more and more licences even making it a couple 100 it will still sell out because the company is more establish and SF gets popular as time goes by

Sagat SS sculpt IS better Made - than Akuma -

Just stating the facts never said it all depends on the edition size
But you can`t denied the fact that edition size does play a role , is it the most important fact ? no its a combination of different reasons. :)

Batminator
12-14-2012, 09:08 PM
I hear you. And I think it's an important distinction for the basis of a debate.

It just feels like number 1 is likely (hopefully) to be based on logic. Like it's possible to come to a consensus.

Number 2 is all of us just saying "I like it because blah blah". You can't really debate number 2 in a sound manner because it's personal.

Also this thread was started in reference to a trade, so we are talking about market value as opposed to personal value.

All very valid points. On comparing the value:

Alex EX ES < Reptile ES < Alex total ES

If we assume the same base value for both statues, Reptile is the most desirable because of his lower ES.

Value however, is determined by supply and demand, and supply is easy to determine (the ES). Demand consists of rarity (ES), sculpt, character popularity and more all plays a factor.

Rarity is the easy factor to determine, but sculpt and popularity are much harder to determine. Thus we can only guess (I'm MK biased):

Popularity: I rate Reptile as a bigger character in comparison to Alex, as Reptile is part of the "original" MK characters (from the biggest game atleast, MK II). Alex is not part of the main SF characters (12 world warriors), but is a big name since he's the lead in SF3. From 1-10 (just for fun), I give Reptile a 9, Alex a 7.

Sculpt: Alex shows more muscle, whis can be desirable, and his clothing looks great. Reptile has in my opinion a better pose, and his color makes him pop. From 1-10, I give Alex an 8, Reptile a 9.

I'll leave it to the economists to calculate supply and demand based on my guesses :)

BornFreeSF
12-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Akuma - is a Grail For sure
Im simply saying that Sagat was designed better -
And looks more like the Character -

Akuma is a work of Art -
But his being knocked out By a tiger Knee :thumbs2:

Your "tiger" is no match for the raging Demon :laugh:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyn1wgUINI1qkyku8o1_500.gif

gagaliya
12-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Reptile is a much more popular character, i never heard of alex before this statue.

Reptile has a much smaller total edition size than alex.

Alex has a much smaller EX edition size than reptile

Alex is more unique sculpt as reptile is replicated in scorpion and subzero.

In the end, i feel they are equal in value right now and is a fair trade if you are a fan of one or the other. But if i look at this purely as an investment/price view, i will keep reptile as he's much rarer overall and a one of the original key character to the mk lineup than alex is to sf lineup.

Goldenpanther
12-14-2012, 09:45 PM
Your "tiger" is no match for te raging Demon :laugh:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyn1wgUINI1qkyku8o1_500.gif

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i379/daniocean777/1237811519_chuck-norris-approves_zps48214182.gif
lol

BornFreeSF
12-14-2012, 09:49 PM
All very valid points. On comparing the value:

Alex EX ES < Reptile ES < Alex total ES

If we assume the same base value for both statues, Reptile is the most desirable because of his lower ES.

Value however, is determined by supply and demand, and supply is easy to determine (the ES). Demand consists of rarity (ES), sculpt, character popularity and more all plays a factor.

Rarity is the easy factor to determine, but sculpt and popularity are much harder to determine. Thus we can only guess (I'm MK biased):

Popularity: I rate Reptile as a bigger character in comparison to Alex, as Reptile is part of the "original" MK characters (from the biggest game atleast, MK II). Alex is not part of the main SF characters (12 world warriors), but is a big name since he's the lead in SF3. From 1-10 (just for fun), I give Reptile a 9, Alex a 7.

Sculpt: Alex shows more muscle, whis can be desirable, and his clothing looks great. Reptile has in my opinion a better pose, and his color makes him pop. From 1-10, I give Alex an 8, Reptile a 9.

I'll leave it to the economists to calculate supply and demand based on my guesses :)

Reptile is a much more popular character, i never heard of alex before this statue.

Reptile has a much smaller total edition size than alex.

Alex has a much smaller EX edition size than reptile

Alex is more unique sculpt as reptile is replicated in scorpion and subzero.

In the end, i feel they are equal in value right now and is a fair trade if you are a fan of one or the other. But if i look at this purely as an investment/price view, i will keep reptile as he's much rarer overall and a one of the original key character to the mk lineup than alex is to sf lineup.

I think we are all agreeing :thumbs2: