PDA

View Full Version : DC Collectibles Villans of the DC Universe: Joker Bust

JQBATMAN
12-16-2012, 12:40 PM
DC Collectibles Villains of the DC Universe Joker Bust
Jason Quaregna

DC Collectibles has served us again with a MASTERPIECE by bringing back the Villains of the DC Universe. The newest addition to this fine tradition is a new version of the Joker. This is NOT the new 52 version but a very menacing and quite grotesque version! Now this version of Joker is not based on any known media, but all in all this bust makes you not think of anything but how AMAZING it is. The details sculpted by Philip Ramirez are beyond words. Sitting atop a cloud of Joker gas and wearing his classic purple tuxedo, this brand new bust showcases the mischievous mentality of Clown Prince of Crime.

Packing:
The art on the box is nice but it does NO justice to the actual statue inside. On the outside of the box is the now patented DC peel back logo showing the statue coming out from behind the peel. The sides show the statue in different poses, and the back has a brief history of the character along with a glimpse of the next releases from DC Collectibles. The interior packing is a Styrofoam insert that has the bust incased but wrapped in a plastic bag as well. The Joker bust comes assembled and is ready for display out of the box.

The Statue:
This Joker bust excited me upon opening because I wanted to see this interpretation of the Joker. The base is awesome; it’s rounded and not smooth like the others, but has a bumpy surface to resemble a cloud of green Joker Gas. On top of the base you have Joker in his purple tuxedo and holding a huge knife behind his back. The statue comes in measuring approximately 6” high and 4” wide. The details on his facial features are surreal as well. He has this HUGE Joker-esque grin on his face showing his always visible toothy grin. He has his other hand posed to so that he is hushing someone before he makes a maniacal move. This as well is one of the many busts that have come out over the years for Joker. Riviera’s attention to detail has made this my favorite Joker bust to date.

Price:
This Superman bust retails at $60-$70 at your local comic shop. Online retailers have been offering a discounted sales rate from about $59, but after you calculate shipping it all adds up The $70 price on this bust is a fairly good price due to it being slightly larger due to the base and scale from the previous bust released from DC Direct/Collectibles (as seen in the picture at the bottom).

Overall:
I have always had love for these bust and mini statues. They give you something to display that has more detail than an action figure, and if you collect a few of them, they look fluid and amazing together. This is a great buy if you’re a Batman fan, Joker fan, or just a fan of nice works of art in your collection. I, for one, am having a difficult time deciding on which version I want in the front of my display as they are all beautiful works of art, and deserve front shelf treatment. Again pictures do these no justice go out and grab these for your shelves today!

Doctor Doom
12-26-2012, 09:11 PM
:goodpost: THANKS BROTHA!