PDA

View Full Version : The official ask popcultureshock REPLY thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

SARFARAZ
12-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Guys we are all talking too much about Jerry's replies and now about other stuff in the ask thread and Jerry will find it hard to find the questions. I think we all find it hard to not reply to his answers with non questions so this thread is the place to post about his replies, debates and anything PCS non question related. So please post everything apart from questions in here and if a mod could please sticky this. Thanks guys, now post away! :)

no gears
12-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Sounds good, great idea

SARFARAZ
01-04-2013, 06:10 AM
Jerry said the Akuma vs Gouken dio is already in production and will be out in summer which is awesome news! :)

Sigep756
01-04-2013, 12:42 PM
Jerry mentioned MK9 robots or MK9 Jade are coming in 2013. Instant buys for me, no matter which of the group we get!

Erihppas
01-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Interesting replies... It's basically people going "Jerry said this and this which is awesome. Yeah!". :laugh:

derekrodneysim
01-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Jerry said he loves his loyal fans from all over the world and he appreciates all the support and love we show him. :D

Erihppas
01-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Jerry said he loves his loyal fans from all over the world and he appreciates all the support and love we show him. :D

Well, that's awesome.

SARFARAZ
01-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Interesting replies... It's basically people going "Jerry said this and this which is awesome. Yeah!". :laugh:

Yes but the main point of this thread is to have all the discussions regarding questions asked in the other thread. So by keeping the other thread to just questions, makes it easier for Jerry to reply to.

Liad
01-05-2013, 07:32 AM
I'm glad to get a reply to my question, and the only reason I got one is that it was pretty vague, but still direct.

Jade is the only female left I want to collect, but the potential for Sektor/Cyrax in 2013? Dear mother of god!

the robots have so many amazing poses, and i'm triple-crossing my fingers for Sektor shooting rockets.

Erihppas
01-06-2013, 01:50 PM
Yes but the main point of this thread is to have all the discussions regarding questions asked in the other thread. So by keeping the other thread to just questions, makes it easier for Jerry to reply to.

I know. It's a good idea.

SARFARAZ
01-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Akuma vs Gouken ex is light up!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!

s_paulik87
01-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Damn, forgot about chinese new year. Sagat shipping from China at the end of March

EnShinNoi
01-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Jerry, are there any pictures or information you're willing to share regarding Sagat's eye patch revision?
I should have but I didnt take pics. Its a thinner fabric and the elastic was changed to round from flat. We also decided not to glue it on as the glue was seeping through the fabric. This means collectors can take it off if they want or adjust the position to how they like it
This is good news. From the SDCC photos, the round elastic looked better and the fabric certainly needed thinning. I'd have been shock if, upon unpacking my Sagat, discovered the eye patch glued down. I always assumed it'd be removable so I'm glad that's not going ahead.

SARFARAZ
01-18-2013, 04:55 AM
I wonder what'll be underneath the patch. I think that's the first thing I'm going to do when I get this piece is check lol

SkyPirate82
01-20-2013, 04:21 AM
I'm looking forward to the possibility of seeing some original monsters from PCS. Jerry's Cthulhu and Dagon from back in the day were awesome; something as terrifying in a larger scale would have to take centre stage in my collection.

Andrew
01-20-2013, 07:44 AM
This thread is a good idea in theory, but in practice won't work. Just like Jerry asking everyone to ONLY post questions in the question thread. You see how well that worked.

Now you expect people to read Jerry's answers in the question thread, hit the 'quote' button, highlight the text, hit 'control C', then go into this thread and hit 'control V' and then comment on the quoted text?

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

derekrodneysim
01-20-2013, 08:25 AM
:laugh:

Statue collectors never did have much IQ :confused2

SARFARAZ
01-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Funny you say that because I actually did the same thing back on action-figure.com back when jerry owned sota and it was very popular and actually was a success. I guess you're right though but You don't have to post quotes in here. In general it's just to talk about any new news and your thoughts on anything. I didn't call this thread "post qoutes of Jerry's answers thread" lol. I guess people are just becoming more and more lazy in this day and age :)

DynamicMenace
01-23-2013, 10:52 PM
so PCS. seems how you do SF statues.

any chance you guys will pick up the Soulcalibur license?
or Tekken or even Dead or Alive?

would love to see these characters come to life in statue form. 1/5th or 1/4 scale.

any chance of this happening?

Goldenpanther
01-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Jerry is going to do One revisit of the street fighter characters this Year Could it be AKUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !

I hope so ;)

GenoToys
01-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Jerry is going to do One revisit of the street fighter characters this Year Could it be AKUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !

I hope so ;)

Woot Woot!!!!!!!!! I hope so! :D

Goldenpanther
01-24-2013, 02:47 PM
Woot Woot!!!!!!!!! I hope so! :D

and hopefuly the ex is SHINNNNNNNNNNNNN

than that will like make my year 2013 :)
his the only character I dont own - him and Gief

SARFARAZ
01-24-2013, 02:52 PM
I don't mind these revisits but dammit at least finish the world warriors first! C'mon!......I want my Balrog ... :(

Goldenpanther
01-24-2013, 03:03 PM
I don't mind these revisits but dammit at least finish the world warriors first! C'mon!......I want my Balrog ... :(

well its going to happen - come on he might be really nice - and the world warriors will finish

Jerry said they would be gaps in between of the characters - so the gap could b ur favourite character :) :praying::praying::praying:

furycat
01-29-2013, 05:00 AM
what is your shipping courier for overseas will be jerry?

RAGINGDEMON500
01-29-2013, 10:08 AM
If Jerry is going to follow the Graphic than it will be Gouki , if not than ???

Deadking92
01-29-2013, 12:48 PM
Blaze<Onaga<Shinnok=Quan Chi<Shang Tsung<Goro< Kintaro<Shao Kahn
Now r u happy ragingdemon:smokin:

premium_substit
02-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Jerry, ever thought about drawing or having one of your artist draw some fine art prints to go with your statues or even sold individually? I always thought some nice artwork being displayed behind a statue looked good and their isn't much artwork on the market for Mortal Kombat. I'm sure Street Fighter fans would love to get some as well.

its somethign I think about and would like to try.

I was going to ask this question as well.. Normally I'd rather switch-outs, but in the case of MK there isn't alot of great art you can buy such as with Street Fighter. I'd love some fine art MK prints to display, cool it's being considered :thumbs2:

artofgarduno
02-06-2013, 08:16 PM
I think everyone on this board wants to see an AKUMA revisit along with ryu and ken

dao2
02-09-2013, 10:47 PM
But it was an accident right :<?

Comicbookguy
02-10-2013, 12:00 AM
Dropped on the floo? Oh my......

s_paulik87
02-10-2013, 12:09 AM
No I mean literally dropped..on the floor...destroyed.

And no it wasnt Mr. Cleary

This leads me to believe it was the Scorpion 1:1 bust, seeing as all 1/4 scale and smaller are digital and anything bigger than that Jerry said was still hand sculpted (ie: life size busts) if so..THIS FREAKIN SUCKS!

Whirl Wind Boy
02-10-2013, 12:54 PM
This leads me to believe it was the Scorpion 1:1 bust, seeing as all 1/4 scale and smaller are digital and anything bigger than that Jerry said was still hand sculpted (ie: life size busts) if so..THIS FREAKIN SUCKS!

Yes that is my guess too. Shame as it looked amazing in the video.

Darkhumor
02-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Wrong thread. Oops. :doh!:

Comicbookguy
02-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Hi Jerry,

I know youre one to cater to your fanbase, but I also know it's all about making profit and Im not looking to insult your intelligence or anything; With that said, would you ever consider lowering the cost of your regular edition sizes and keeping the exclusives higher on future products?

It would make sense. I would love to keep going with your 1:4 scale MK line, but I cant shell out $350 every time for a premium format. In that aspect I have to be selective and go w/1:6th scales in which my budget can afford me to get two statues for the price of one.

Or would you ever consider doing 1:6th scales of the same statue piece for people like me who can afford more going that route?

No Jerry please don't make the ex buyers pay more. I just want it to be Fair for all of us. I don't want to get punish for wanting an exclusive. I'm sure there is other ways to do this. . :rolleyes:

Darkhumor
02-10-2013, 02:25 PM
No Jerry please don't make the ex buyers pay more. I just want it to be Fair for all of us. I don't want to get punish for wanting an exclusive. I'm sure there is other ways to do this. . :rolleyes:

Before you roll your eyes, read again. I said lower the cost of the regular edition size.

Rainy
02-10-2013, 03:08 PM
Before you roll your eyes, read again. I said lower the cost of the regular edition size.

yeah you ask him to lower the regular and keep the EX high which I hope never happen unless the EX comes with a lot of accessories.

anyway to solve your problem since I think its a budget issue, just save up and buy the character you really love.

Darkhumor
02-10-2013, 03:20 PM
anyway to solve your problem since I think its a budget issue, just save up and buy the character you really love.

Wasnt that what I just said? "I gotta be selective." lol!

yeah you ask him to lower the regular and keep the EX high which I hope never happen unless the EX comes with a lot of accessories.

Lower reg and keep ex at $350. Happy? Smh.. besides ex already gets multiple switchout accessories while reg has none. Also factor in ex edition size is lowered by half, therefore should be priced more than the regular.

RAGINGDEMON500
02-10-2013, 05:26 PM

Jerry will never lower the cost , because it would not be profitable for him...:drama:

Darkhumor
02-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Jerry will never lower the cost , because it would not be profitable for him...:drama:

:doh!:

Hopeless. :deadh:

s_paulik87
02-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Jerry has already dramatically cut the prices of his statues though since not going through Sideshow...soooooooo..... :confused2

dEATHm3RCHANT
02-11-2013, 03:05 PM
All I know is that I'm very very appreciative of where Jerry has the price point. I think if you collected statues over the recent years you would understand that Jerry is being more than respectful with his prices.

I use the word respect because I feel that there should be a mutual respect between sculptors, retailers and collectors. Jacking up prices is disrespectful to collectors and puts a bad taste in our mouths. I totally understand raising prices to meet costs but Sideshow's 1:2 scale line is a joke as far as price goes. I wont be surprised if 1:2 Doom turns out to be $2499.99.

Thanks Jerry!

Goldenpanther
02-17-2013, 06:57 PM
5 planned for this year. 2 of the sculpts are done awaiting approval. None are female...though there is a female sculpt almost finished that I might switch in later in the year.

great news so maybe no sakura -
but might get dhalsim , blanka , Ryu (Revisited) , Balrog - maybe Fei long is my guess
so happy :) getting all
thanks Jerry :)

Comicbookguy
02-17-2013, 11:52 PM
5 planned for this year. 2 of the sculpts are done awaiting approval. None are female...though there is a female sculpt almost finished that I might switch in later in the year.

great news so maybe no sakura -
but might get dhalsim , blanka , Ryu (Revisited) , Balrog - maybe Fei long is my guess
so happy :) getting all
thanks Jerry :)

No female? :bawling: I wanted 3 females and 2 males instead.

SkyPirate82
02-19-2013, 05:39 AM
Next life size bust ISN'T Akuma. I wonder who it could be? :thinking:

EnShinNoi
02-19-2013, 05:54 AM
Next life size bust ISN'T Akuma. I wonder who it could be? :thinking:

Hey Jerry.

Any reasonable chance of seeing a bust of Bison this year?

Thank you sir.
He is on the short list for the next lifesize bust.
Along with Bison, my other guesses would be Ken and Sagat. All 3 would look good alongside Ryu imo.

I wish the 1/3 bust line would start up again. It'd give me something to get excited about.

DRAGONTHEBOMB
02-19-2013, 02:56 PM
I would love a Bison one, with glowing purple Psycho Power...awesome

SARFARAZ
02-19-2013, 03:06 PM
These busts are expensive to make and buy so I don't think Jerry would gamble making any character. It has to be a popular character so I'd say the next life size bust is either Ken or Chun-Li..

Goldenpanther
02-19-2013, 03:38 PM
I think I would buy a chun li bust :)

but yes space is a big issue when it comes to bust's

SkyPirate82
02-20-2013, 12:45 PM
All the Shotos would look good together in bust form, IMO. (Imagine a 1:1 Gouken!) I won't be complaining if Bison's next, though. Or Cammy or Vega. :D

s_paulik87
02-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Cammy please!

EnShinNoi
03-27-2013, 11:00 PM
For sure we will be doing movie statues...in fact Im waiting on the contract for our first one.
:thinking:

Please be Labyrinth :praying:

Jerry is a Jim Henson fan and I think the movie has a large enough cult following to support a few statue collectibles of key characters.

Whirl Wind Boy
03-28-2013, 09:05 AM
I would love some based on the original aliens movies! Colonial marines anyone?

Whirl Wind Boy
03-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Darkhumor
What movie licenses would you like to work on in the future, if it isnt too much to ask?

Id love to do Labyrinth, Robocop, The Thing, Marvel Movies, new Star Wars movies, I could go on and on

Jerry for the love of god my life will be complete if you made a couple statues from "The Thing"! Classic!

Darkhumor
03-29-2013, 03:11 PM
He's waiting on the approval for Robocop, I'm thinking. He just posted a Robocop art piece on his fb status.

EnShinNoi
03-29-2013, 10:23 PM
He's waiting on the approval for Robocop, I'm thinking. He just posted a Robocop art piece on his fb status.
Robocop does indeed seem the likely contender. I feel like watching Robocop now :p

DynamicMenace
03-30-2013, 07:08 PM
NINJA SCROLL PLEASE :D

Joppula
04-10-2013, 08:21 AM
We haven't heard from Jerry in two weeks. I hope everything is ok with him.

Anyone know if he went on vacation or something?

EnShinNoi
04-10-2013, 08:48 AM
We haven't heard from Jerry in two weeks. I hope everything is ok with him.

Anyone know if he went on vacation or something?
He did a zombie prosthetic for Days of the Dead this past weekend. It was posted on Facebook.

I have seen him online so he's still checking in. Probably just sick of answering people's questions. I know I would be :p In addition to the Ask PCS thread, I'm betting he gets flooded with PMs. Not to mention all the emails concerning payments and what not.

Erihppas
04-10-2013, 12:02 PM
He did a zombie prosthetic for Days of the Dead this past weekend. It was posted on Facebook.

I have seen him online so he's still checking in. Probably just sick of answering people's questions. I know I would be :p In addition to the Ask PCS thread, I'm betting he gets flooded with PMs. Not to mention all the emails concerning payments and what not.

Not to be beating a dead horse here but he also repeatedly(!) asked for people to stop chatting in this thread as it made it hard(er) for him to be able to answer everything. But people just. keep. chatting. away and away and away and away...and away and away and away and AWAY. Honestly if I had my own company and a thread like this and I had repeatedly kindly asked "Look, guys, all this chatting is such a bother for me to wade through, could you please just post questions? Thanks." and people kept chatting the way people have been and continue to I would have said "Bye bye" a long time ago. I mean honestly...

I don't think that's the reason though. He has always come back despite the lack of consideration that some have displayed. That's just the way it is; he asked people to stop chatting here but some (many?) continued regardless.

Ok that's the last time I'll mention it (this is like...the second or third time :laugh: ). As I can understand that it becomes annoying after a while. Just like the constant chatting of people which Jerry has said that he doesn't appreciate... :rimshot:

P.S. I'm going to add a smiley icon to this post. This should be interpreted as follows: I mean no harm. It's a friendly face, you see?

Erihppas
04-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Not to be beating a dead horse here but he also repeatedly(!) asked for people to stop chatting in this thread as it made it hard(er) for him to be able to answer everything. But people just. keep. chatting. away and away and away and away...and away and away and away and AWAY. Honestly if I had my own company and a thread like this and I had repeatedly kindly asked "Look, guys, all this chatting is such a bother for me to wade through, could you please just post questions? Thanks." and people kept chatting the way people have been and continue to I would have said "Bye bye" a long time ago. I mean honestly...

I don't think that's the reason though. He has always come back despite the lack of consideration that some have displayed. That's just the way it is; he asked people to stop chatting here but some (many?) continued regardless.

Ok that's the last time I'll mention it (this is like...the second or third time :laugh: ). As I can understand that it becomes annoying after a while. Just like the constant chatting of people which Jerry has said that he doesn't appreciate... :rimshot:

P.S. I'm going to add a smiley icon to this post. This should be interpreted as follows: I mean no harm. It's a friendly face, you see?

Nevermind about this, folks. It seems I got the reply and ask threads mixed up for a second. :wink2:

cgdc
04-12-2013, 11:25 PM
I think Jerry's done here :(

dao2
04-12-2013, 11:48 PM
Jerry, why you abandon us :(

Joppula
04-13-2013, 02:50 AM
Nevermind about this, folks. It seems I got the reply and ask threads mixed up for a second. :wink2:

After a five paragraph blow up, you say "never mind:wink2:".

:stick: nice.

Erihppas
04-13-2013, 05:16 AM
After a five paragraph blow up, you say "never mind:wink2:".

:stick: nice.

I mistook this thread for the other one! lol It was a misunderstanding.

EnShinNoi
04-23-2013, 07:44 AM
We will phase out MK9 end of this year as there are strong rumors of a new game,

So other than a few MK9 pieces that I really want to make we will focus on lots of Klassic MK stuff.
I don't think there's too much reason for concern over this. I doubt NetherRealm will make any drastic changes to character designs in MK10.

Erihppas
04-23-2013, 05:10 PM
We will phase out MK9 end of this year as there are strong rumors of a new game,

So other than a few MK9 pieces that I really want to make we will focus on lots of Klassic MK stuff.

So that means no PCS MK9 Skarlet. That actually is kind of disappointing. I was still looking forward to how that would have ended up being.

But yeah, you can't please everyone. I don't really get the reasoning behind the decision though. Why can't these lines (MK9 and MK10) run at the same time? What's the rush when it comes to MK10 statues? I don't get it.

SARFARAZ
04-23-2013, 05:36 PM
This is why I love street fighter as the the characters costumes never really change..

Goldenpanther
04-23-2013, 07:14 PM
This is why I love street fighter as the the characters costumes never really change..

I agree 100% :o

MrYac
04-23-2013, 08:18 PM
But yeah, you can't please everyone. I don't really get the reasoning behind the decision though. Why can't these lines (MK9 and MK10) run at the same time? What's the rush when it comes to MK10 statues? I don't get it.

I kind of see it more as a running change, MK9 was always meant to be the contemporary line, so the 10 will just blend into what already exists in the MK9 so you guys probably won't miss out on much.

as for the rush, obviously you want the newer stuff represented, better for marketing, and considering he's still going to be putting out a few more 9 pieces i'm sure by the time they are all shown and shipped 10 will be around the corner and we'll be seeing new sculpts for them, so it'll likely be a seamless transition

Erihppas
04-24-2013, 04:45 PM
I kind of see it more as a running change, MK9 was always meant to be the contemporary line, so the 10 will just blend into what already exists in the MK9 so you guys probably won't miss out on much.

as for the rush, obviously you want the newer stuff represented, better for marketing, and considering he's still going to be putting out a few more 9 pieces i'm sure by the time they are all shown and shipped 10 will be around the corner and we'll be seeing new sculpts for them, so it'll likely be a seamless transition

Thanks for replying MrYac. =]

Whirl Wind Boy
04-24-2013, 06:57 PM
While i think there was alot of potential with MK9 statues, i imagine a good chunk of the characters will also be in MK10. I see this as being a smooth transition as well. Besides i'm sure MK10 will be just as good as mk9. Fans would want statues of that game once it comes out. Who know's maybe the next mortal kombat will out next summer. I'm sure Nether Realms hasn't been sitting on the new Playstation and XBox software playing solitare. My money is on them working on a new mortal kombat for the next gen. Maybe even Jerry will be able to see a concept art of characters to get a heads up.

Erihppas
04-25-2013, 06:00 AM
I just think it's unfortunate that many characters won't be seen. Just look at Kabal's design in MK9. It's so detailed and awesome... Also there are other ones which would just be great looking statues! Just think of Jade... Or a Sektor statue. Just awesome. It's such a shame to dump the entire line.

And I don't necessarily follow the better marketing thought seeing that e.g. all sorts of statues are made from shows e.g. from the 1980s... And now there's a new game and people will lose interest in one that was released only two years ago? What market is PCS catering to? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they were focussing on die hard fans?

EnShinNoi
04-25-2013, 06:12 AM
I just think it's unfortunate that many characters won't be seen. Just look at Kabal's design in MK9. It's so detailed and awesome... Also there are other ones which would just be great looking statues! Just think of Jade... Or a Sektor statue. Just awesome. It's such a shame to dump the entire line.

And I don't necessarily follow the better marketing thought seeing that e.g. all sorts of statues are made from shows e.g. from the 1980s... And now there's a new game and people will lose interest in one that was released only two years ago? What market is PCS catering to? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought they were focussing on die hard fans?
I'm certain NetherRealm is going to be pushing PCS to release MK10 statues just as they did MK9. Obviously they want their latest game promoted. Besides, as has been predicted numerous times, the designs will likely not see any drastic changes.

Erihppas
04-25-2013, 06:53 AM
I'm certain NetherRealm is going to be pushing PCS to release MK10 statues just as they did MK9. Obviously they want their latest game promoted. Besides, as has been predicted numerous times, the designs will likely not see any drastic changes.

I see. Interesting!

Erihppas
04-25-2013, 08:10 AM
As long as we kan get the kharacters we like and they look like they belong in a set together I dont think anyone will kare if its technically MK9 or MK10 etc.

I would. As has been said before people think the MK10 designs won't differ too much from the MK9 ones but it won't ever be exactly the same, obviously. And I really love some of the MK9 designs.

Erihppas
04-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Also, not all characters will return in MK10 apart from the one's you'd expect. Like the Sub-zeros and the Scorpions and so on.

Erihppas
04-25-2013, 12:50 PM
There will always be new games which is why it would make more sense to just have a 'modern' line instead of an MK9 or MK10 line. If not, then when MK11 komes out years later is the MK10 line going to be kanceled too?

Exactly.

MrYac
04-25-2013, 01:44 PM
well I will be shocked if this line is still running when MK11 hits, but if it is then yes whatever remaining MK10 folks are left will be transitioned into Mk11 designs.

it doesn't really seem like that hard of a concept to understand, the line isn't ending, it's just being rebranded. don't think of it as MK(whatever number here) think of it as Modern MK and I think the idea will be easier to accept

Whirl Wind Boy
04-25-2013, 05:50 PM
i won't lie, i'd kill for a Nightwolf or Kabal. Hoping for their return in MK10.

GenoToys
04-25-2013, 08:49 PM
DON"T CHIT CHAT ON THE ASK QUESTION THREAD!!! C'mon ppl....resist. We all want Jerry to answer our questions.

MrYac
04-25-2013, 09:08 PM
You do know this is the reply thread right geno?

GenoToys
04-25-2013, 09:31 PM
Yeah :D
I wanna be a good example of what to do...-If you have something to say pertaining to the Questions asked, or Answered.....Bring it here.

MrYac
04-25-2013, 09:33 PM
haha, agreed. just making sure you knew where you were bud;)

s_paulik87
04-25-2013, 09:33 PM
This thread has lost control and unfortunately I dont have time to read giant blocks of texts. I really need it kept to simple questions.

:doh!: damn I hope Jerry doesn't just say eff it and stop coming here or chatting with us about things.... COME ON PEOPLE.

GenoToys
04-25-2013, 09:36 PM
:doh!: damn I hope Jerry doesn't just say eff it and stop coming here or chatting with us about things.... COME ON PEOPLE.

That's what I'm afraid of....Couple weeks ago...it was pretty crappy here...w/out him.

GenoToys
04-25-2013, 09:37 PM
haha, agreed. just making sure you knew where you were bud;)

:thumbs2: Thanks Bro!

Veron_4
04-25-2013, 10:29 PM
well I will be shocked if this line is still running when MK11 hits, but if it is then yes whatever remaining MK10 folks are left will be transitioned into Mk11 designs.

it doesn't really seem like that hard of a concept to understand, the line isn't ending, it's just being rebranded. don't think of it as MK(whatever number here) think of it as Modern MK and I think the idea will be easier to accept

Probably true even though it's hard to accept.. Haha!

Just like there's a Klassic Line consisting of UMK3, and probably MK2 next, there's also a modern Line consisting of MK9, MK10, etc etc

Sigep756
04-25-2013, 10:44 PM
...except Jerry hasn't said anything about continuing with modern MK. He only said he is phasingout MK 9.

MrYac
04-25-2013, 11:26 PM
...except Jerry hasn't said anything about continuing with modern MK. He only said he is phasingout MK 9.

And he just mentioned Mk10 in the same sentence for conversations sake then, got it

premium_substit
05-08-2013, 01:56 AM
We didn't do so bad out of MK9.

We got an iconic "get over here" pose for Scorpion, a fantastic sculpt of Kitana's ass (I don't mean to overlook the rest - but seriously, that thing could sell the statue itself), and the baddest Shao Kahn statue on the market.. couldn't ask for much more

Erihppas
05-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Shao Kahn definately turned out great!

dao2
05-08-2013, 04:55 PM
I think you could ask for mk9 sub :P Though I think you're going to get it.

Whirl Wind Boy
05-08-2013, 05:04 PM
I think you could ask for mk9 sub :P Though I think you're going to get it.

That will definitely be on the horizon soon i imagine. Jade was a character i would of loved to see have a modern look. Always one of my favorite females and one of the very few characters that i don't care for the Klassic look of. The short hairdo from her character select screen always bugged me. The modern long hair was perfect!

BarrelCannon
05-17-2013, 11:26 PM
Don't want to re-ask the question if it's been answered but is Jerry still taking chun repaints requests? I know he was doing them in batches and it's probably slowed down by now but I want to get one repainted.

s_paulik87
05-17-2013, 11:39 PM
He said a year and that was in August.

BarrelCannon
05-17-2013, 11:53 PM
He said a year and that was in August.

Thanks Paulik!

artofgarduno
06-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Jerry any chance you will revisit Akuma or Ryu in 1/4 or maybe Oni Akuma or a true Evil Ryu??? O lot of us missed out on the original 1/4 ones

artofgarduno
06-05-2013, 12:05 PM
And he just mentioned Mk10 in the same sentence for conversations sake then, got it

Id rather have Classic Mk then MK9

Joppula
06-24-2013, 03:39 PM
It seems like Jerry has decided to be "Less Accessible".

I miss the days when he'd frequently answer questions. That interaction with the owner/creator was priceless.

Whirl Wind Boy
06-24-2013, 04:44 PM
It seems like Jerry has decided to be "Less Accessible".

I miss the days when he'd frequently answer questions. That interaction with the owner/creator was priceless.

yeah that's what got me to join. Honestly my guess is with all the chit chat in the questions thread why even bother? People can't follow any of the rules. He has to dig through everyone's comments just to find a question.

Bravo to you though brother for using this thread! Hopefully some people will start to get the hint when they come in here!

Joppula
06-24-2013, 06:54 PM
yeah that's what got me to join. Honestly my guess is with all the chit chat in the questions thread why even bother? People can't follow any of the rules. He has to dig through everyone's comments just to find a question.

Bravo to you though brother for using this thread! Hopefully some people will start to get the hint when they come in here!

Yeah, I totally agree.

The questions thread is totally getting spammed with non question chit chat.

And while most people feel grateful to have a single question answered, others ask up to Ten questions in a single post.

I wouldn't blame Jerry for not wanting to sort through that rubble.

Liad
06-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Well if someone just took charge with the thread and moderated it that'd make it easier for Jerry. For example, whenever PCS responds to something, make a post with huge letters to put it as a bookmark. That way, Jerry could just rapidly skim through the posts until he came to the one with gigantic bolded text, and start from there. The only reason people don't respect the rules is because:

A)Jerry doesn't really enforce it (he just rolls with it)
B)because this is a public forum, and human beings are terrible.

Whirl Wind Boy
06-25-2013, 12:30 PM
I would i just don't know how to become a mod?

Joppula
06-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Well if someone just took charge with the thread and moderated it that'd make it easier for Jerry. For example, whenever PCS responds to something, make a post with huge letters to put it as a bookmark. That way, Jerry could just rapidly skim through the posts until he came to the one with gigantic bolded text, and start from there. The only reason people don't respect the rules is because:

A)Jerry doesn't really enforce it (he just rolls with it)
B)because this is a public forum, and human beings are terrible.

Two things.

"The only reason", then you list two. I lol'd, but I knew what you meant.

And reason "B" was very funny:)

Thanks for the chuckle.

Joppula
06-26-2013, 03:04 PM
I see people are having major difficulty getting a hold of Customer Service at PCS in regards to their PCS EX Sagat.

I feel terrible for them, and feel scared for the release of Alex. And I'm REALLY praying this isn't going to be a nightmare.

However, sorry to act like Internet cop, but Bogging down the "Official Ask PCS thread" with comments about Email replies isn't the way to handle it.

I have no idea how Jerry can get back to answering our Questions if he cannot find them.

Guys/Gals, please come in here to confer about Non Question issues.

Whirl Wind Boy
06-26-2013, 04:57 PM
I see people are having major difficulty getting a hold of Customer Service at PCS in regards to their PCS EX Sagat.

I feel terrible for them, and feel scared for the release of Alex. And I'm REALLY praying this isn't going to be a nightmare.

However, sorry to act like Internet cop, but Bogging down the "Official Ask PCS thread" with comments about Email replies isn't the way to handle it.

I have no idea how Jerry can get back to answering our Questions if he cannot find them.

Guys/Gals, please come in here to confer about Non Question issues.

do you collect the SF Line? I've only ordered the Mortal Kombat Klassic line so far but the Street Fighters look amazing. I suppose though for every one person who has an issue there's probably like 10 who don't i assume?

Here's to our statues arriving on time and in great shape bud!:drinking:

Joppula
06-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Yes sir,

I collect the PCS Street Fighters, and all other things Street Fighter.

Congrats on your MK pieces. They've all looked really nice.

Thankfully I've received all of my SF pieces without QC issues (knock on wood).

The release of Alex will be PCS direct. They are new to direct distribution. So I'm getting very nervous after seeing folks having a difficult time finding their statues or getting in contact with a person to ask about them.

Hopefully they are prepared by the time Alex ships.

Whirl Wind Boy
06-26-2013, 10:37 PM
Jerry just answered a bunch of questions!

Goro is staying the same and Baraka is coming! Jerry FTW!

Sounds like some street fighter stuff in the pipwline too for you SF fans!

MrYac
06-26-2013, 10:39 PM
on a scale of 1-2 how many arms does the next street fighter use in an average fight?

redhulk27
06-26-2013, 11:16 PM
on a scale of 1-2 how many arms does the next street fighter use in an average fight?

You posted this in the reply thread.

Whirl Wind Boy
06-26-2013, 11:23 PM

2?

MrYac
06-26-2013, 11:56 PM
heh, oops wrong thread:p

BornFreeSF
06-27-2013, 04:20 PM
This is really interesting. Capcom have been talking about doing a 2013 Street Fighter 4 update.

Many have speculated that Alex will be a new playable character. The fact that Capcom have redesigned Alex's costume (if only a little) makes me think we are going to see Alex in the 2013 update.

Originally Posted by Joppula
Hi Jerry,

The overalls you showed for the Alex PF are a modified design from his traditional SF3 overalls. (I like your design)

My questions are:

*What was the inspiration for his updated clothing?

*Who designed the new look? (I.E. Your team or Capcom)

*Any chance we could see some updated Alex production pictures?

Thank you.

Originally Posted by PopCultureShock
Its all Capcom. They are very very hands on.

Joppula
06-27-2013, 04:31 PM
This is really interesting. Capcom have been talking about doing a 2013 Street Fighter 4 update.

Many have speculated that Alex will be a new playable character. The fact that Capcom have redesigned Alex's costume (if only a little) makes me think we are going to see Alex in the 2013 update.

Originally Posted by Joppula
Hi Jerry,

The overalls you showed for the Alex PF are a modified design from his traditional SF3 overalls. (I like your design)

My questions are:

*What was the inspiration for his updated clothing?

*Who designed the new look? (I.E. Your team or Capcom)

*Any chance we could see some updated Alex production pictures?

Thank you.

Originally Posted by PopCultureShock
Its all Capcom. They are very very hands on.

Heh heh heh, Mark was reading between the lines.

Well, you're on to me. That's exactly why I asked Jerry that question.

His answer also led me to the conclusion that Capcom has some new plans for Alex.

P.S. Another Easter egg for you.

The billboard stage in SFxT has a small billboard in the background on the left side of the stage.

The billboard features Alex. And says "I will be back".

You can see this billboard clearly during the stage transition.

Cheers.

Whirl Wind Boy
06-27-2013, 05:55 PM

His answer also led me to the conclusion that Capcom has some new plans for Alex.

The billboard stage in SFxT has a small billboard in the background on the left side of the stage.

Cheers.

wow. you guys are on your A games!

Joppula
06-27-2013, 06:25 PM
wow. you guys are on your A games!

We try:)

You've got to figure that if Jerry want to release product in conjunction with whatever is presently happening in the game (I.E. have them look the same) Capcom would have to be giving Jerry this information in advance.

That way he'll have time to sculpt, approve, mass produce, tailor, paint and ship the product.

He'd need to plan a year, to year and a half in advance to stay current. (So basically Jerry gets the inside scoop on future stuff to produce)

So, sometimes if you ask nicely, you may grab a clue or two.

Just adds to the excitement if you ask me. For the game and the statue.

Whirl Wind Boy
06-27-2013, 07:05 PM
We try:)

You've got to figure that if Jerry want to release product in conjunction with whatever is presently happening in the game (I.E. have them look the same) Capcom would have to be giving Jerry this information in advance.

That way he'll have time to sculpt, approve, mass produce, tailor, paint and ship the product.

He'd need to plan a year, to year and a half in advance to stay current. (So basically Jerry gets the inside scoop on future stuff to produce)

So, sometimes if you ask nicely, you may grab a clue or two.

Just adds to the excitement if you ask me. For the game and the statue.

Yes, thats one of the reasons i didn't get upset about PCS no longer making mk9 statues. Mk10 should be around the corner soon!

BornFreeSF
06-27-2013, 07:06 PM

Cheers.

Yeah man! Btw where are these pictures of the redesigned overalls?

SARFARAZ
06-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Are there any pics of Alex's redesign anywhere?

Joppula
06-27-2013, 07:50 PM
Are there any pics of Alex's redesign anywhere?

This was from their FB update some time ago. You'll notice the overalls have no flap in the back.

They button to a small piece of cloth. And a belt has been added.

These are new additions to his design.

Joppula
06-27-2013, 07:51 PM
I cannot wait for this statue!!!!

Joppula
06-27-2013, 08:17 PM
This is the way it used to look.

BarrelCannon
06-28-2013, 12:01 AM
Will you announce any of the new licenses at Comic Con or are you saving that for a later date?

I doubt Jerry would have an inside scoop, but usually companies try to license of properties that they will be promoting in the future. It's sort of a way to build hype. If you look at Marvel Vs Capcom 2 a large majority of those Marvel characters all had titles that would be part of a Marvel movie in the coming decade. If you look at MvC3 a lot of characters in it have or had titles coming out. Rocket raccoon from guardians of the galaxy was obviously a totally obscure choice to put yet it appeared there.

I do believe Alex was allowed to be made because of the possible return hinted for him(there was also a capcom poll for characters people wanted to see in the next street fighter and iirc he did well on that too). However I believe his slightly different look in the statue is just a coincidence.

Another difference from his third strike look is his stripes on his shoulders don't go far down his back they are very short on the back. There aren't many back shots of him in game so it was probably hard to reference.
http://www.pcstoy.com/upload/alex_hero_f_95.jpg
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100724220944/streetfighter/images/3/3a/Alex_hugo_intro.gif

Joppula
06-28-2013, 12:19 AM
Good stuff Barrel, thanks for the picture.

Another difference is that the new statue only has the headband. Not the Headband and Ponytail.

And I agree with you that companies plan ahead with their marketing strategies. Movies, cartoons, toys and such.

But those things take time to produce... So I'd qualify finding out what 'tie in' products to produce as an "inside scoop".

They're all working together. Making money and marketing the SF Brand.

It's all good stuff.

And you may be correct, it may just be coincidence. But it might not be.

SSF42013 is coming. And a bunch of hints are pointing at the return of SF3's main character.

Jerry's products as of late have closely mirrored what's going on within said game. And he's now confirmed that Capcom was responsible for Alex's new look.

Why?

The character has looked exactly the same since 1997. Why tweak him now? On the eve of AE2013's EVO announcement. Hmmm.

So, you could be right.... But I pray you're wrong. Because Alex is so awesome!

Edit: Two more little tidbits.

1) Ono San is directly approving/disapproving the appearance of these characters. So he looks like this for a reason.

2) This is the FIRST AND ONLY character PCS has produced from outside the SF2 universe. So again, why now? Seems like a product 'tie in' opportunity to me.

Fingers crossed.

BornFreeSF
06-28-2013, 02:48 PM
I doubt Jerry would have an inside scoop,

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100724220944/streetfighter/images/3/3a/Alex_hugo_intro.gif

He definitely gets the inside scoop.

And god dammit BarrelCannon, you made me remember how much I want a Hugo PF!!!!!

Joppula
07-06-2013, 10:53 AM
I wanted to add to something being discussed in the Questions thread.

The Balrog (Boxer) Alternate costume with the American flag trunks and robe would be INSANE!

I do not usually purchase duplicate statues. I typically pick my favorite version and purchase.

However, if Jerry did a classic Rog costume and somehow managed to pull off that Robe Alt, I'd buy multiples without a second thought!

In fact. All of Balrog's alts are SICK. Do them all. I'm in:)

DRAGONTHEBOMB
07-15-2013, 12:39 PM
If Goro is being made...I'm sure a Hugo could happen.

MrYac
07-15-2013, 02:17 PM
If Goro is being made...I'm sure a Hugo could happen.

while he of course could happen there's a giant difference in the popularity of the characters, Goro is one of the figureheads of the MK franchise, Hugo is....well nobody really gives a damn about Hugo outside the most hardcore of SF fans

SideShowJoe
07-22-2013, 10:04 PM
Jerry, had kind of crazy question for you! I remember you saying you were doing some new lines possibly?? I was checking out footage of EVO 2013 and was checking out one of Xbox Ones exclusives "Killer Instinct"! Any possibility of getting license to do this line?? I think it would be killer.....no pun intended!

Sarah Joe

Liad
07-23-2013, 11:43 AM
I always manage to lose this information, but does anyone know what the payment plan for PCS Reptile is? From what I have written down it says that the third payment is due august 1st. is this still true, or has it been changed? :P

Ricky Bobby
07-24-2013, 02:22 PM
If Jerry and PCS wasn't at con this year,why is it taking Audrey forever to get back to me.You guys need to step your customer service at PCS,cause if this is how its like for a couple ppl who got a messed up Sagat with an es of 85,i honestly am not looking forward to dealing this same way should any issues arise with my Alex's....where the es will be almost three times as much as sagat for both Alex's

vinnnie
07-28-2013, 08:19 PM
I always manage to lose this information, but does anyone know what the payment plan for PCS Reptile is? From what I have written down it says that the third payment is due august 1st. is this still true, or has it been changed? :P

Don't know that, I went ahead and paid the 2nd and 3rd payment a while ago.

Does anyone know when the 2nd and 3rd payment for SubZero and Smoke is due?

So the new licence is not KI :( Too bad...

OuttaSight
07-28-2013, 08:23 PM
If Jerry and PCS wasn't at con this year,why is it taking Audrey forever to get back to me.You guys need to step your customer service at PCS,cause if this is how its like for a couple ppl who got a messed up Sagat with an es of 85,i honestly am not looking forward to dealing this same way should any issues arise with my Alex's....where the es will be almost three times as much as sagat for both Alex's

We were at the convention. We were booked wall to wall with meetings for 7 days. I posted that earlier today.

There will always be defective statues whether its Sideshow or Gentle Giant or us. Its impossible for all of them to come out right. Even Ferrari has defective cars and they cost $300,000.

All any company can do is try to limit that as much as possible and so far so good on Sagat. I believe we have had less than 30 claims and out of almost 900 pieces thats fantastic.

If Audrey hasnt got back to you theres a chance she lost your emails when our drives crashed. Are you sending to AudreyP@pcstoy.com ?

We do the best we can.

OuttaSight
07-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Don't know that, I went ahead and paid the 2nd and 3rd payment a while ago.

Does anyone know when the 2nd and 3rd payment for SubZero and Smoke is due?

I guess I figured when I send out the notices everyone would save them.

Since that doesnt seem to be the case i will have a section created on the website with payment dates. It'll take a few days to do.

In the mean time dont sweat the payments until you get a payment request from us. ill get to that in a couple days.

vinnnie
07-28-2013, 08:28 PM
I guess I figured when I send out the notices everyone would save them.

Since that doesnt seem to be the case i will have a section created on the website with payment dates. It'll take a few days to do.

In the mean time dont sweat the payments until you get a payment request from us. ill get to that in a couple days.

Thanks Jerry but what are you doing in this thread :P My question was targeted at my fellow collectors.
Very cool you are trying to answer all questions even if they are not in the official ask-thread.

OuttaSight
07-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Thanks Jerry but what are you doing in this thread :P
Very cool you are trying to answer all questions even if they are not in the official ask-thread.

Oh I got confused...thought I was in the other thread.

DOH !

vinnnie
07-28-2013, 08:33 PM
No biggie :) A section on your website with the payment dates should be very helpful.

BornFreeSF
07-28-2013, 11:13 PM
AWESOME news for Street Fighter fans. I'm so psyched to hear some of Jerry's answers.

1. That Balrog is next after Dhalsim!

2. That the original World Warriors will be spread out a little meaning two new characters potentially from SF3 or SF4 will be announced before Honda and Blanka.

3. Sakura is likely soon. And Oro by the looks of it. Plus Rolento is on the radar!

4. PCS has the licence for USF4, so that includes the new characters.

5. Gouken almost finished! Christ I'm going to have a heart attack :vortex:

6. Hugo possible. Wow, that would be one hell of a PF. He's 8 ft tall.
Sagat is 7ft 5inches.

Loving this!

Whirl Wind Boy
07-28-2013, 11:37 PM
hey gentlemen. I only play NRS and Mortal Kombat when it comes to fighting games. Where should i start when it comes to capcom? Street Fighter or Marvel Vs?

redhulk27
07-28-2013, 11:41 PM
hey gentlemen. I only play NRS and Mortal Kombat when it comes to fighting games. Where should i start when it comes to capcom? Street Fighter or Marvel Vs?

I would start with Street Fighter, its easier to get into. But if you like fast pace I'd start with Marvels VS. games. Either way you can't go wrong. Both games are fun. But I like the Marvel vs series more, best of both worlds:D

BornFreeSF
07-29-2013, 12:01 AM

I would start with Street Fighter, its easier to get into. But if you like fast pace I'd start with Marvels VS. games. Either way you can't go wrong. Both games are fun. But I like the Marvel vs series more, best of both worlds:D

MvC is mental. It's a lot of button pressing. The combos are like playing the piano....very fast.
It's fun and flashy and people get crazy hype for it (especially in the US).

I prefer Street Fighter. For me it's ultimate fighting game in terms of pace. mechanics, simplicity with depth. It requires skill and dedication but it's also a lot of fun and easy to pick up and play.

Whirl Wind Boy
07-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Cool, i really appreciate it guys!

MrYac
07-29-2013, 12:53 AM
3. Sakura is likely soon. And Oro by the looks of it. Plus Rolento is on the radar!

here's hoping, Jerry has been teasing me with an Oro for years now :p

Joppula
07-29-2013, 01:04 AM
OMG! Hugo Andore! I will absolutely SH!T!

And if Balrog gets the Robe and Stars & Stripes trunks! Holy crap, Jerry is the man!

bebohawk
07-29-2013, 01:08 AM
Ugh! Wrong thread !!:banghead:

Gruson
08-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Jerry, had kind of crazy question for you! I remember you saying you were doing some new lines possibly?? I was checking out footage of EVO 2013 and was checking out one of Xbox Ones exclusives "Killer Instinct"! Any possibility of getting license to do this line?? I think it would be killer.....no pun intended!

Sarah Joe

Yeah, KI has some Killer characters!

Joppula
08-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Jerry, (Not sure if Jerry checks this thread)

Thanks for the reply to my Final Fight question in the other thread. I wanted to reply, but not clog up the question thread.

I sadly agree with you. As much as I love FF, it probably wouldn't sell.

Frankly I'd rather not get the line if it meant my favorite company would lose money trying to produce them.

It's a shame though. Final Fight has some great characters that didn't make the jump to Street Fighter.

Mitch07137
08-16-2013, 03:46 PM
No its 1-3 Raiden is coming

http://media.tumblr.com/8efcfccc87560a21ac340b8eef252626/tumblr_inline_mrmxmnnLZ91qz4rgp.gif

DRAGONTHEBOMB
08-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Oh yeaaaa

Whirl Wind Boy
08-16-2013, 11:57 PM
Hopefully MK2 Raiden mixed media! Ex could be the all white MK1 outfit!

Mitch07137
08-17-2013, 12:57 AM
Hopefully MK2 Raiden mixed media! Ex could be the all white MK1 outfit!

That's a great idea, hopefully he's next on the docket :)

dEATHm3RCHANT
08-17-2013, 07:49 PM
OMG Raiden would be sweet! I know Johnny Cage would be simple but I would like to see that also. And Kung Lao :)

BornFreeSF
08-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Raiden?

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w428/BornFreeTweets/1big-trouble-in-little-china-meme-generator-hell-yeah-9e69ec_zps8dacc23c.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/BornFreeTweets/media/1big-trouble-in-little-china-meme-generator-hell-yeah-9e69ec_zps8dacc23c.jpg.html)

Klear Knives
08-17-2013, 11:57 PM
Raiden?

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w428/BornFreeTweets/1big-trouble-in-little-china-meme-generator-hell-yeah-9e69ec_zps8dacc23c.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/BornFreeTweets/media/1big-trouble-in-little-china-meme-generator-hell-yeah-9e69ec_zps8dacc23c.jpg.html)

Haha. Big Trouble!
When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

majestic1
08-18-2013, 04:46 AM
^ Man i would love to see a John Carpenter films license, Big trouble, Escape from New York, Halloween, The Thing, They live.

Mitch07137
08-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Love big trouble; would be a dream come true if Jerry picked up that license

Juggernaut
08-19-2013, 05:17 AM
Are there any updates on MOTU Beast Man?

The PSC MOTU Beast Man is the most exciting statue made in recent times, not just from PSC, but all other companies included too.

BornFreeSF
08-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Love big trouble; would be a dream come true if Jerry picked up that license

He already said he's making a Raiden PF

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w428/BornFreeTweets/1_zpsb7b24789.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/BornFreeTweets/media/1_zpsb7b24789.jpg.html)

Jack is next :thumbs2:

Mitch07137
08-20-2013, 02:02 AM
He already said he's making a Raiden PF

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w428/BornFreeTweets/1_zpsb7b24789.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/BornFreeTweets/media/1_zpsb7b24789.jpg.html)

Jack is next :thumbs2:

That's rain, more like this guy :)

http://surbrook.devermore.com/adaptationsmovie/btilc/lightning.jpg

damienjakk
08-20-2013, 03:20 AM
MK2 Raiden is so "puffy".....pulling off mixed media on that could be disastrous.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091004014336/mortalkombat/es/images/a/af/RaidenGB.png

The SHOGUN
08-20-2013, 04:07 PM
That's rain, more like this guy :)

http://surbrook.devermore.com/adaptationsmovie/btilc/lightning.jpg

Good call mitch!

The above posted character most def influnced Ed Boon when creating Raiden. I mean hell, the name Sub-Zero was influenced by the character in the Running Man

and his Spine-Ripping finishing move was taken from the Predator
http://www.zuguide.com/images/13354/13354.0.570.359.jpghttp://www.gameinformer.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Components-ImageFileViewer/CommunityServer-Blogs-Components-WeblogFiles-00-00-00-00-09/2604.spinerip.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

Ed Boon knows his ----.

Mitch07137
08-20-2013, 05:33 PM
MK2 Raiden is so "puffy".....pulling off mixed media on that could be disastrous.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091004014336/mortalkombat/es/images/a/af/RaidenGB.png

If anyone can do it, it will be PCS ;)

MrYac
09-06-2013, 01:43 AM
We *might* further down the road release the Orko sculpt with its own small base. but it wont be able to connect to the He-Man base.

not sure if Jerry reads this thread, but I would love this so damn much, maybe if Orko isn't enough to justify his own release he can be added with a Cringer or something as he's also unlikely to get his own release

Atheris
09-06-2013, 03:20 AM
This thread confuses the hell out of me. Why is their a reply thread to a thread Jerry already replied in?

It's completely redundant.

Can we just lock or remove this thread? I find it impossible to keep track of two reply threads of the same replies. I have no clue how others do it, or why they would want to?

Chris

Joppula
09-06-2013, 03:37 AM
This thread confuses the hell out of me. Why is their a reply thread to a thread Jerry already replied in?

It's completely redundant.

Can we just lock or remove this thread? I find it impossible to keep track of two reply threads of the same replies. I have no clue how others do it, or why they would want to?

Chris

I think the name of the thread is misleading. This isn't a thread for Jerry to "Reply" in, (even though he should feel free to jump in the convo:)) it's for people to discuss his "Replies".

Because sometimes he says interesting stuff that needs to be discussed further. That obviously cannot be done in the 'Ask PCS thread'.

Nothing is more annoying than innate conversations taking place in the middle of the Q/A thread. Especially when Jerry has to keep asking ppl to stop.

This thread should be called.... "Chew The Fat" lol.

MrYac
09-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Yeah this thread is for us to REPLY to Jerry's answers since we shouldn't be having a back and forth in the question thread

Atheris
09-06-2013, 03:49 PM
I seeee

I always thought this thread was to post Jerry's replies to keep track of them.

Carry on then

Chris

JP Sarri
09-06-2013, 06:46 PM
I seeee

I always thought this thread was to post Jerry's replies to keep track of them.

Carry on then

Chris

:laugh: believe me; I had the same idea.

GM4Life
09-06-2013, 09:24 PM
When you said the end of 2014 was when will will see 1/4 robocain, will that be the pre order or ship date?

PermaGrin
09-07-2013, 01:16 PM
... oopsy

PermaGrin
09-07-2013, 01:22 PM
When you said the end of 2014 was when will will see 1/4 robocain, will that be the pre order or ship date?

:eek::smokin::D:buttrock::drooling::crazy:

Too funny if he comes with a nuke canister. :laugh:
http://technoccult.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/nuke.jpg

Need a new forum section.
-PCS
---Ask PCS
---General

General is what you got now, minus the ask and reply topics.
The ASK would be a sticky in the "Ask PCS" section. Then just all the discussion on his replies would be pretty much their on threads/topics.
Unless you guys pretty much keep these discussions to a chronological order or something (havent read through the whole thing).

Whirl Wind Boy
09-07-2013, 04:21 PM
:eek::smokin::D:buttrock::drooling::crazy:

Too funny if he comes with a nuke canister. :laugh:
http://technoccult.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/nuke.jpg

Need a new forum section.
-PCS
---Ask PCS
---General

General is what you got now, minus the ask and reply topics.
The ASK would be a sticky in the "Ask PCS" section. Then just all the discussion on his replies would be pretty much their on threads/topics.
Unless you guys pretty much keep these discussions to a chronological order or something (havent read through the whole thing).

Problem is that no one follows any rules in the official ask pop culture thread. Everyone talks and replies in there and adds their stupid little plus 1 comments.

Whirl Wind Boy
09-07-2013, 04:21 PM
It should be just question and replies from jerry in the ask thread.

chit chat and what not in this one.

Joppula
09-10-2013, 12:08 AM
The PCS section has been a pretty boring place for Street Fighter fans since the Balrog sneak. Zzzzzz

How about an Alex update? Paid him off a long time ago.

BornFreeSF
09-10-2013, 12:10 AM
The PCS section has been a pretty boring place for Street Fighter fans since the Balrog sneak. Zzzzzz

How about an Alex update? Paid him off a long time ago.

I know right? I want to see Gouken!

Klear Knives
09-10-2013, 12:18 AM

:radior: I know right.

Mark let's team up at NYCC n get the lowdown from Jerry :battherapy: lol

OuttaSight
09-10-2013, 01:17 PM

Im trying but approvals are not easy to come by...

Joppula
09-10-2013, 02:08 PM

I understand. Sorry if I was critical.

Maybe a bit of convo, or a verbal tease about the EX Balrog in the meantime?

We're just rabid fans starving for any crumbs of your work.

dEATHm3RCHANT
09-10-2013, 02:28 PM
It should be just question and replies from jerry in the ask thread.

chit chat and what not in this one.

+1

Klear Knives
09-10-2013, 02:52 PM

That sucks. Yes we are rabid! Give us an inch we want a mile lol.

OuttaSight
09-10-2013, 09:36 PM

We're working as hard as we can to try and have Balrog ready for NYCC but its not looking good.

On the positive side we did just get a Chun Li approved ;)

Klear Knives
09-10-2013, 10:14 PM
We're working as hard as we can to try and have Balrog ready for NYCC but its not looking good.

On the positive side we did just get a Chun Li approved ;)

Ah man that sucks was really looking to see him in person next month.
New chun li or chun li for the dio?

Joppula
09-10-2013, 10:21 PM
That's great news Jerry. About Chun Li that is... Any hint on what Chun Li that might be?

Sad, Sad, Sad to hear Balrog might miss NYCC. Any chance we might get another digital tease to replace seeing the real deal?

Thanks Jerry.

Edit: Maybe I should re-post this in the question thread.

s_paulik87
09-10-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm assuming it's the Chun for the dio since it's been stated how that was holding it up. Ono loves him some Chun!

GenoToys
09-11-2013, 12:47 AM
If we don't see balrog at NYCC...I'm gonna be pretty dissapointed...What else was gonna be shown that we haven't seen yet???

Dragoncurry
09-11-2013, 12:53 PM
No offense, I hate that other Chun Li (personal taste etc, the sculpt was not bad at all), so the fact you guys got a new Chun li approved is OFF THE CHAIN i am so excited.

Rainy
09-12-2013, 12:04 PM
Jerry, why Dhalsim still not available through local retailers?

PermaGrin
09-12-2013, 07:04 PM

:drooling:

I only would like to collect the statues of the characters I played the most/often. Sadly that only narrows it down to a select few. I thought I would only see Gouken in the him Vs akuma dio.

This comment was the first a I hear on a larger/solo Gouken. Any links I can read more on this?

Maybe I will see a Hugo/Urien later. :wink2:

Klear Knives
09-12-2013, 07:49 PM
:drooling:

I only would like to collect the statues of the characters I played the most/often. Sadly that only narrows it down to a select few. I thought I would only see Gouken in the him Vs akuma dio.

This comment was the first a I hear on a larger/solo Gouken. Any links I can read more on this?

Maybe I will see a Hugo/Urien later. :wink2:

No links. He's going to make him other than that no other info.

EnShinNoi
09-13-2013, 06:08 PM
Can't talk about Chun-Li yet
I know a lot of people assume this is the diorama but let's not rule out the possibility of a 1:1 bust, 1:3 bust or 1:4 Alpha figure just yet :D

Atheris
09-13-2013, 06:36 PM
No 1:3 MK pieces will be at NYCC??

:waah:

Chris

OuttaSight
09-13-2013, 06:45 PM
No 1:3 MK pieces will be at NYCC??

:waah:

Chris

time and space issue.

SONICobra
09-13-2013, 11:57 PM
jerry didn't answer my question about dredd movie style comic statue, im guessing that's a no :( darn, maybe if they end up making an actual movie sequel

Veron_4
09-14-2013, 12:50 AM
Great to hear 1/4 Kintaro is in the plans as well as at least 1 more MK9 1/4 statue.

As much as I'm disappointed we won't get a proper line of MK9 statues, Mortal Kombat is still Mortal Kombat and I'll get them all :)

Dragoncurry
09-14-2013, 02:38 AM
If Chun-Li is a 1/4 Alpha figure, I'd preorder so hard and fast, the entire website would be stunned at my clicking speed. ASSUMIN she got a cute face :P

DRAGONTHEBOMB
09-14-2013, 12:28 PM
A painted Goro will be at NYCC. I can't wait to see that!

JRodri2540
10-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Ryu Bust is the hardest piece we've ever done so taking some time. It pretty sure it will miss Chinese New year, so March.

Wow! We have to wait till March 2014 for this Bust! :banghead:

Darkhumor
10-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Does PCS website take you to paypal when you select an item and check out? Or do you have to register an account with PCS and checkout through PCS website?

Leckske
10-14-2013, 03:13 AM
Jerry,

Could you please give me an estimation for shipping Goro overseas? (Belgium, zipcode 2170)

I've tried to email your company through the website, but 0 replies so far.

Thanks

MrYac
10-16-2013, 04:24 PM
I know you won't give the name yet, but is it a 3rd striker i'd be likely to buy?:thinking:

:penguin:

so do you guys think that counts as a yes?:inquisiti

chris1203
10-16-2013, 04:59 PM
so do you guys think that counts as a yes?:inquisiti

That penguin is kinda dancing like deejay lol

MrYac
10-16-2013, 07:15 PM
yeah but DJ isn't in 3rd strike :p

Veron_4
10-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Hi, Jerry.I just have a few questions for you, which are=
A.I apologize for asking again[as you didn't give me a direct answer previously], but can you PLEASE confirm if you will DEFINETLY make a 1/4 Kintaro statue, either MK9 or Klassic, as he's the only other character i'm interested in getting.
B.When can we expect to see a teaser pic of the next MK9 1/4 statue?[as you mentioned there was at least 1 in development].
C.How soon will it be until the 1/4 MK9 Shao Kahn statue is ready to be shipped out?
D.Will sideshow collectables be receiving the UMK3 1/4 klassic Scorpion statues in janurary, or march next year?[as they have it listed on their site as being due for release in march next year].
E.And finally, when can we expect to see the next teaser image of the next klassic MK statue, and can you confirm if it will be male, or female?Cheers!

Jerry's answer:
A) not touching that one anymore.

What? Does that mean no Kintaro?? :rant:

MrYac
10-16-2013, 09:38 PM
i'm pretty sure it means he's sick of Jin asking him a million questions, especially that one when he's already said he can't answer it 1000 times

Veron_4
10-16-2013, 10:04 PM
i'm pretty sure it means he's sick of Jin asking him a million questions, especially that one when he's already said he can't answer it 1000 times

Yea was a little confused with that answer.. Hopefully that's what he meant..

chris1203
10-16-2013, 10:21 PM
yeah but DJ isn't in 3rd strike :p

Yea I know just couldnt think of a dancing 3rd strike character

Joppula
10-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Yeah man, not trying to be forum cop or anything.... But wtf is up with Jin asking him questions A----G in every post? An average of 7Q at a time.

Jerry is going to get annoyed. And it's kind of ridiculous. It's NOT an interview.

Sorry, just saying.

ZenLogikos
10-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Unfortunately on a public forum, you get all types. Ideally, everyone would know and follow common practice among journalists: Ask your question and if you don't get a response, perhaps re-word it and ask again. After that, shut up and move on.

ZenLogikos
10-17-2013, 01:31 AM
I think the penguin is doing a happy dance, meaning he'd like to confirm it, but can't (yet).

But, how does HE know who you'd buy? Who have you asked him for?

MrYac
10-17-2013, 01:35 AM
haha, oh he knows, I've been bugging him for an Oro for at least a decade now :p

Joppula
10-17-2013, 03:57 AM
haha, oh he knows, I've been bugging him for an Oro for at least a decade now :p

That's cool. I'd buy Oro in a second. And as your Oro tirade comes to a close, the Hugo tirade shall now begin lol.

Imagine that mixed media chain and pink tank top! (So bada$$)

I'll buy your character. Would you buy mine?

ZenLogikos
10-17-2013, 05:16 AM
Ah, yes. I recall that now. I'm pretty sure it is Oro, based on your questioning and also from watching video of Jerry talking about his love of Oro in general, and for his action figure line.

Oro would probably be the only SFIII character I'd buy. That would be such a unique sculpt in the world of statues, considering his arm-binding.

MrYac
10-17-2013, 01:49 PM
I'll buy your character. Would you buy mine?

not sure i'd have the cash or space for a giant statue like Hugo, BUT until he gets made I shall say i'll buy him just to keep the gears turning in the right direction;)

SARFARAZ
10-17-2013, 07:33 PM
If Hugo ever gets made, he'll definitely be one amazing statue!

Joppula
10-21-2013, 02:04 PM
I'm starving for some Street Fighter goodness in the 1/4.

I really hope next week is a reveal that we can sink our teeth into for the next several months.

And my lord, I wish Alex would ship:(

s_paulik87
10-21-2013, 03:44 PM
No kidding. No hype for sim at the moment either. I think he is going to be the next guile on the after market unfortunately. Hope for boxer next week with a set po date and full gallery. These sf lsb aren't my cup of tea either. Weird looking.

ZenLogikos
10-22-2013, 04:23 AM
I think the Akuma bust is outstanding, but I really don't have the cash for it, especially if the boxer is POing soon, and the Ex for him is what we are expecting.

I'm also just having a really tough time deciding to become a bust owner. It just seems "too much" for me. I feel like I can justify 1:4 statues - not just to myself but to anyone that may see my collection - but a 1:1 bust of a fictional character...I dunno. Life-size items, be they busts or "legendary scale" statues, seem like items for museums or the super-rich(see Michael Jackson). At that point, it becomes less about the sculpture, the artwork - and more about collecting something outlandish, imo.

I'd like to hear more from bust owners and bust enthusiasts.

EnShinNoi
10-22-2013, 05:13 AM
I'm a bust enthusiast of a different kind :thumbs2:

Jyester
10-22-2013, 06:59 AM
No kidding. No hype for sim at the moment either. I think he is going to be the next guile on the after market unfortunately.

No hype cause we all know we wont see him until this time next year so no point in getting over excited. There's hype in my cabinet and his space is ready for him!

I would disagree on your aftermarket assumptions but who cares about that anyway as long as he looks cool in our display's

Jeepindude
11-16-2013, 12:01 AM
I'm sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, I've never pre ordered a statue, but I plan on taking a shot at Balrog you guys are saying this time next year? Is that the norm for getting the statues in after an order?

s_paulik87
11-16-2013, 12:16 AM
A year is on the optimistic side. We ordered reptile last November 2012 and will be getting him in March 2014

ZenLogikos
11-16-2013, 02:35 AM
But the whole MK ninja lineup/debacle has been documented as PROBABLY a rare issue. And when they do arrive there will be many all at once, correct me if I'm wrong.

I still tend to think a year is the going average.

Jeepindude
11-16-2013, 03:38 AM
Wooooooow I had no idea it would take that long! But it makes sense and it makes me that much more confident in the quality

ZenLogikos
11-17-2013, 06:10 AM
Numbering is random I believe. Unless something has changed. If there are several batches then the later shipments will have no chance of a low number.

Thanks for the replies. I've NEVER sought out a low number nor has it ever mattered to me, but I was considering changing my payment plan on the Akuma bust (to pay in full) and I thought I had ordered quickly enough to get a low number for that. In this instance, I liked the idea of being rewarded with a low number for being punctual. I was therefore curious if that would change once I updated my order.

Thought I'd reply here so I don't clog up the ASK thread.

bloodrain
11-22-2013, 12:48 AM
Sorry meant to post in the ask thread

Mitch07137
11-26-2013, 10:43 PM
Really hope jerry is sculpting the upcoming raiden :)

halfamazing
11-26-2013, 11:04 PM
edit: wrong thread...

Drakull
12-27-2013, 03:07 PM
@FreeBornSF : I'm sorry but Hugo is not popular, like me old Street Fighter fans want the World Warrior 8 + 4 of Street Fighter II !

I play new SF4 on PS3 but I only select Ken :)

BornFreeSF
12-27-2013, 05:11 PM
@FreeBornSF : I'm sorry but Hugo is not popular, like me old Street Fighter fans want the World Warrior 8 + 4 of Street Fighter II !

I play new SF4 on PS3 but I only select Ken :)

Ah, that's your opinion Drakull!

Of course he's not as popular as Ken. But then neither is Alex or Balrog or about 99% of the Street Fighter cast.

We can keep making Ken and Ryu, or we can venture onto some of the other characters.

There are a number of fans of Hugo on this forum and I imagine it's for a number of reasons such as:

1. He's the biggest character in the Street Fighter universe measuring at 8 foot tall I believe. And from a statue POV would make one hell of a collectible.
Size isn't everything but people love their Hulks and LSFs and detest anything below 1/4 scale.

2. He's based on 'Andre the Giant' so, much like Balrog (Mike Tyson) or Fei Long (Bruce Lee) there's more than one reason to like him.

3. He has appeared in a number of Street Fighter games including Third Strike, and more recently SFxT. He is also about to appear in Ultimate Street Fighter 4. Which makes him current. A lot of SF4 fans will be playing him come June (or is it July?). He will only become more popular.

4. He is well known in the comics, hangs around with Poison.

5. In Third Strike he had a famous stare down with Alex (a statue that we could display him with) that resembles the Hulk Hogan v Andre the Giant stare down. A popular WWF moment.

I could probably think of a bunch of other reasons but it's not rocket science. I would say, based on what I believe statue collectors and Street Fighter fans like in a statue and a character that Hugo would be a "huge" hit (pun intended).

But if you don't like him that's OK.
I understand the want/need to finish all the SSF2 characters but I think given how long it takes to churn these characters out (it's been going on since 2007) we should be given the opportunity to get characters that are more popular than say Dee Jay.

Again, just my opinion, but I'll wager it's shared by many!

Cheers!
Mark

Joppula
12-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Ah, that's your opinion Drakull!

Of course he's not as popular as Ken. But then neither is Alex or Balrog or about 99% of the Street Fighter cast.

We can keep making Ken and Ryu, or we can venture onto some of the other characters.

There are a number of fans of Hugo on this forum and I imagine it's for a number of reasons such as:

1. He's the biggest character in the Street Fighter universe measuring at 8 foot tall I believe. And from a statue POV would make one hell of a collectible.
Size isn't everything but people love their Hulks and LSFs and detest anything below 1/4 scale.

2. He's based on 'Andre the Giant' so, much like Balrog (Mike Tyson) or Fei Long (Bruce Lee) there's more than one reason to like him.

3. He has appeared in a number of Street Fighter games including Third Strike, and more recently SFxT. He is also about to appear in Ultimate Street Fighter 4. Which makes him current. A lot of SF4 fans will be playing him come June (or is it July?). He will only become more popular.

4. He is well known in the comics, hangs around with Poison.

5. In Third Strike he had a famous stare down with Alex (a statue that we could display him with) that resembles the Hulk Hogan v Andre the Giant stare down. A popular WWF moment.

I could probably think of a bunch of other reasons but it's not rocket science. I would say, based on what I believe statue collectors and Street Fighter fans like in a statue and a character that Hugo would be a "huge" hit (pun intended).

But if you don't like him that's OK.
I understand the want/need to finish all the SSF2 characters but I think given how long it takes to churn these characters out (it's been going on since 2007) we should be given the opportunity to get characters that are more popular than say Dee Jay.

Again, just my opinion, but I'll wager it's shared by many!

Cheers!
Mark
:goodpost::iagree::goodpost::iagree:

;) Great comment Mark, but I suspect you knew I'd be a fan!

Klear Knives
12-27-2013, 06:04 PM
:goodpost:

I played sf 3rd strike back in the day all the time. I never used Hugo but my buddy did. I always though he was badass. Then once third strike came out on psn n live I started using him and then they announced him in ultra!

Whirl Wind Boy
12-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Where's the love for T. Hawk?

Joppula
12-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Where's the love for T. Hawk?

T.Hawk would be a great statue.

7'5" he'd be massive. And the tribal fringe and denim would make for Fantastic mixed media!

I hope for T.Hawk down the road. But if we're going BIG I want our GORO!

Hugo is a Behemoth that dwarfs even the Giant T.Hawk!

EnShinNoi
12-27-2013, 08:50 PM
Hugo's biggest problem is everything about his character design is ugly. Not just his face, but the entire aesthetic. Everything clashes. I don't want ugly in my collection. He would be sitting well outside my top 10 want list of unvisited Street Fighters.

dr.banner
12-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Poor Hugo I would buy him
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/hugo-chipdeath.gif

Joppula
12-27-2013, 10:06 PM
Hugo's biggest problem is everything about his character design is ugly. Not just his face, but the entire aesthetic. Everything clashes. I don't want ugly in my collection. He would be sitting well outside my top 10 want list of unvisited Street Fighters.

Is Vega your favorite Street Fighter?:hilarious:

BornFreeSF
12-27-2013, 10:33 PM

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w428/BornFreeTweets/inconceivable_zps6576895f.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/BornFreeTweets/media/inconceivable_zps6576895f.jpg.html)

BornFreeSF
12-27-2013, 10:33 PM
How can you not love this man?

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w428/BornFreeTweets/peanut_zps741667c0.jpg (http://s1075.photobucket.com/user/BornFreeTweets/media/peanut_zps741667c0.jpg.html)

BornFreeSF
12-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Talking of T-Hawk and Hugo. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G14Xcfyw8sg#t=222

And on a serious note I think his character design is interesting/unique. He's a beast!

hofmanjc
12-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Poor Hugo I would buy him
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/hugo-chipdeath.gif

Me too

Joppula
12-28-2013, 12:58 AM
Hugo's cool factor comes from him being a Force of Nature!

He doesn't need Satsui No Hado or Psyco Power.

Once he puts his hands on you.... It's OVER!

s_paulik87
12-28-2013, 01:20 AM
this is the ONLY hugo statue I would buy, in his idle stance. That has always been the thing that stood out most to me about Hugo and is the main reason I like him LOL.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/images/4/41/Hugo3s-stance.gif

s_paulik87
12-28-2013, 01:25 AM
delete

Joppula
12-28-2013, 01:27 AM
this is the ONLY hugo statue I would buy, in his idle stance. That has always been the thing that stood out most to me about Hugo and is the main reason I like him LOL.

That works for me as well. Standing nice and tall.

Joppula
12-28-2013, 01:39 AM
Although I'm quickly warming up to this pose as well.

Massive and shows great definition in the arms. Could be epic.

s_paulik87
12-28-2013, 01:48 AM
I was looking at his official art work, and I'll say this one thing..... if Jerry goes off one of them Hugo will be like 2.5ft tall or 3ft wide because they are all poses with his arms spread out in some way lmao

EnShinNoi
12-28-2013, 01:51 AM

His head could be attached to a spring to create a bobble effect.

MrYac
12-28-2013, 02:11 AM
Hugo looks like Leatherface in all his sprites

El Pulento
12-28-2013, 04:16 AM
Hugo looks like Leatherface in all his sprites

LF was actually the inspiration behind the character...:rimshot: